Live the Magic!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
The Admins
Fast Links
Current time
SPRING
Year: 2034
Term: 13
Month: March

Term 13 until TBA
House Points
Chat Box
Vote For Us
Affiliates
Photobucket Shadowplay HOS The Beginning Magical World of Harry Potter THE GIRL IS DANGEROUS Hogwarts Academy

Click here to affiliate!
Latest topics
» Chances (Ariel)
Lesson One - The Full Body-Bind Curse (Year II) - Page 2 EmptySat May 28, 2016 11:34 pm by Ariel Wilde

» HUGE REALLY VERY IMPORTANT UPDATE - PLEASE READ
Lesson One - The Full Body-Bind Curse (Year II) - Page 2 EmptySat May 21, 2016 11:40 pm by Hunter VanDerberg

» Sunny Afternoon (Open to Anyone)
Lesson One - The Full Body-Bind Curse (Year II) - Page 2 EmptyFri May 20, 2016 6:58 am by Marielle Prince

» An Unfortunate Accident (Open)
Lesson One - The Full Body-Bind Curse (Year II) - Page 2 EmptyMon May 16, 2016 2:41 am by Marielle Prince

» Marielle Aveline Prince
Lesson One - The Full Body-Bind Curse (Year II) - Page 2 EmptySun May 15, 2016 8:57 pm by Sky

» Claim a Face
Lesson One - The Full Body-Bind Curse (Year II) - Page 2 EmptySun May 15, 2016 8:08 am by Marielle Prince

» AFFILIATE HERE
Lesson One - The Full Body-Bind Curse (Year II) - Page 2 EmptyMon May 09, 2016 2:42 am by Ariadne O'Rieley

» My charries need something fot their life (a plots)
Lesson One - The Full Body-Bind Curse (Year II) - Page 2 EmptyWed May 04, 2016 8:10 am by Jessica Kim

» The Gif Game 2.0
Lesson One - The Full Body-Bind Curse (Year II) - Page 2 EmptyTue May 03, 2016 7:39 am by Humphrey Williams

» A Dying Trade (one of JETTS characters)
Lesson One - The Full Body-Bind Curse (Year II) - Page 2 EmptyMon May 02, 2016 12:25 am by Augustus Beckett

» Wild Child [Ariadne]
Lesson One - The Full Body-Bind Curse (Year II) - Page 2 EmptySun May 01, 2016 6:01 am by Ariadne O'Rieley

» History Of Magic Application
Lesson One - The Full Body-Bind Curse (Year II) - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 22, 2016 9:41 pm by Morgana Gaunt

» Semi - Activity Check!
Lesson One - The Full Body-Bind Curse (Year II) - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 22, 2016 11:56 am by Hunter VanDerberg

» EVELYN'S "DRAWINGS"
Lesson One - The Full Body-Bind Curse (Year II) - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 17, 2016 10:30 pm by Morgana Gaunt

» I Won't Say I'm In Love (closed-one shot)
Lesson One - The Full Body-Bind Curse (Year II) - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 17, 2016 5:18 pm by Miranda Cunningham

Lesson One - The Full Body-Bind Curse (Year II)

Go down 
+3
James Riddle
Kim Frey
Ambrosius Umbranox
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Ambrosius Umbranox
Adult
Ambrosius Umbranox

My Character
::
Activity: Adult, Defence Against the Dark Arts Professor, Head of Ravenclaw House

Lesson One - The Full Body-Bind Curse (Year II) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lesson One - The Full Body-Bind Curse (Year II)   Lesson One - The Full Body-Bind Curse (Year II) - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 09, 2013 5:53 pm

"That is exact, and deserves five points for Gryffindor. For those of you who are still unfamiliar with it, as Miss Hazel explained, a nonverbal spell is a one which is performed without saying the incantation out loud. This branch of magic is indeed very difficult to master as it requires an impressive amount of practice, and tremendous concentration and mental discipline. Therefore, you will only be learning it from your sixth year at Hogwarts." Ambrosius pointed out. He glanced at the clock, and pursued: "Well, if you do not have any questions about the Full-Body Bind Curse, I would like to quickly go over the Immobilus spell before letting you practice what have learned today."

"The Freezing Charm, whose incantation is Immobilus, is relatively similar to the Full-Body Bind Curse, as it stops things from moving. However, the main difference is that it is not used on human opponents, but rather on objects, plants and even some magical creatures. For example, if you recall the practical task that I gave you during our second lesson last year, we saw that one way to defeat Devil's Snare is to use a Lumos Solem spell. Casting a Freezing Charm would be another solution to get away from the plant's tendrils."

"Well, that is all you need to know, and if you would now please join me at the front of the classroom, so that we can move on to the practical part, that I am sure you have all been expecting with impatience." After a series of creaking sounds as the students were pulling their chairs, they all approached Ambrosius's desk. As during his two previous lessons, the professor swished his wand twice, causing the desks and chairs to line up at the back of the room, while a set of cushions appeared on the vast empty space in the middle. "You know what you have to do. You will work in groups of two, casting the Full-Body Bind Curse alternately. Please first make sure that your pronunciation of the incantation is correct, and that your wand movement is precise before trying to perform it." he advised, showing them the blackboard, where all the information about the spell was indicated. "Do not worry if you are unsuccessful at first, this is a quite difficult spell. One more thing: if you do "petrify" your partner, use Rennervate to undo the curse's effects. If you have difficulties with it, call me and I will come to help you." He gazed at his students, then finished: "If you have nothing to ask about the task, you are free to start."
Back to top Go down
Elita Malfoy
Adult
Elita Malfoy

My Character
Activity: Divinations professor

PostSubject: Re: Lesson One - The Full Body-Bind Curse (Year II)   Lesson One - The Full Body-Bind Curse (Year II) - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 09, 2013 7:24 pm

Ellie looked around for a partner. Seems like everyone knew everyone but she didn't. She sunk lower into her seat hoping someone would ask her to be their partner. She was becoming more and more shy lately.
Back to top Go down
Shah Chelsea Hazel
Admin
Admin
Shah Chelsea Hazel

My Character
Activity: Adult, Trainee Auror

PostSubject: Re: Lesson One - The Full Body-Bind Curse (Year II)   Lesson One - The Full Body-Bind Curse (Year II) - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 10, 2013 11:55 am

Shah walked over to the front of the room fully prepared to do the task. She clearly remembered what happened last term. She'd practiced with Keith and she wasn't going to deny it: she'd had a lot of fun.

But Keith isn't here anymore....

She looked around wondering whom to ask. She could ask Wade, but maybe he would want to practice with someone else. So, she waited to see who would ask her. That is, if someone wanted to practice with her.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lesson One - The Full Body-Bind Curse (Year II)   Lesson One - The Full Body-Bind Curse (Year II) - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 11, 2013 4:51 pm

Excited, Aurora stood up and looked around the room. Finally, she could learn the Body-Bind Curse! Her immediate first thought was of James, but sice she saw him every day, she figured he might want to practice with somone else.

Shah seemed not to have a partner, so Aurora made note of that before scanning the room again. She caught a glimpse of dark hair just above the edge of a seat. Not sure who it was, Aurora turned back to Shah. "Hey," she greeted the Gryffindor. "Want to practice together?"
Back to top Go down
Wade Malfoy
Admin
Admin
Wade Malfoy

My Character
Activity: Dark Wizard

PostSubject: Re: Lesson One - The Full Body-Bind Curse (Year II)   Lesson One - The Full Body-Bind Curse (Year II) - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 12, 2013 2:13 am

Standing up, Wade looked around at everyone in the classroom, deciding who didn't have a partner yet. Shah and Aurora seemed to be about to partner up, whereas Ellie looked too shy to even ask anyone. Walking over to the young girl, Wade stood next to her and flashed her a smile.
"Hey, Ellie. Wanna be partners?" he asked happily.
Back to top Go down
Elita Malfoy
Adult
Elita Malfoy

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Lesson One - The Full Body-Bind Curse (Year II)   Lesson One - The Full Body-Bind Curse (Year II) - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 12, 2013 5:51 am

Ellie looked up at Wade. It felt like forever since she'd seen Wade so she ran up and hugged him. Slowly, she smiled and nodded. "Don't hurt me please? I'm really young remember?" Ellie whispered standing up. She was always afraid of being hurt since everyone was so much bigger than her. It worried her that she'd be sent away,or that someone would find out her secret.
Back to top Go down
Shah Chelsea Hazel
Admin
Admin
Shah Chelsea Hazel

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Lesson One - The Full Body-Bind Curse (Year II)   Lesson One - The Full Body-Bind Curse (Year II) - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 12, 2013 11:50 am

Shah grinned at Aurora. They never really spoke much, so Shah thought this would be a chance to get to know the girl more. "Sure."

Shah walked to one corner of the room. She turned to Aurora and said, "Do you want to start or should I?"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lesson One - The Full Body-Bind Curse (Year II)   Lesson One - The Full Body-Bind Curse (Year II) - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 12, 2013 4:17 pm

"You can go," Aurora said, after following Shah. Smiling, she lined a few pillows up behind her so that neither of them would get hurt. "Ready!" she exclaimed, holding her arms wide open as she prepared for the spell to hit her.
Back to top Go down
James Riddle
Adult
James Riddle

My Character
Activity: Adult

PostSubject: Re: Lesson One - The Full Body-Bind Curse (Year II)   Lesson One - The Full Body-Bind Curse (Year II) - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 15, 2013 10:38 pm

James glanced around as his classmates were sorting into pairs. Terrified at the thought of ending up without a partner and ultimately being forced to perform the task with Professor Umbranox, he desperately searched for someone to team up with.

He spotted Lucy standing alone in one corner of the room. Upon hesitating for a brief while, he timidly approached her. "Would you like to practice with me perhaps?" he managed to ask.
Back to top Go down
Wade Malfoy
Admin
Admin
Wade Malfoy

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Lesson One - The Full Body-Bind Curse (Year II)   Lesson One - The Full Body-Bind Curse (Year II) - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 16, 2013 2:10 am

When Ellie hugged him, Wade chuckled softly. "Alright. I'll try not to."
As they walked towards a less crowded part of the room, he asked, "Do you wanna go first?" as he placed some pillows behind both of them to lessen their pain in case they fell tot he floor.
Back to top Go down
Ambrosius Umbranox
Adult
Ambrosius Umbranox

My Character
Activity: Adult, Defence Against the Dark Arts Professor, Head of Ravenclaw House

PostSubject: Re: Lesson One - The Full Body-Bind Curse (Year II)   Lesson One - The Full Body-Bind Curse (Year II) - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 17, 2013 9:34 pm

Ambrosius watched his students split into groups and start practicing. This time, everyone seemed to have a partner, so he began strolling around, observing how they would perform and ready to offer his assistance if required.

OOC: Miss Hazel, as Miss Finnigan has left the forum, you'll have to control her character through your posts until the end of the lesson (since you're her partner).
Back to top Go down
Lucy Malfoy
Adult
Lucy Malfoy

My Character
Activity: Slytherin Alumni, Auror, Flying Professor

PostSubject: Re: Lesson One - The Full Body-Bind Curse (Year II)   Lesson One - The Full Body-Bind Curse (Year II) - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 23, 2013 5:45 am

Seeing James walk up to her, Lucy's cheeks turned pink as she answered. "Yeah, we should practice together." she said.
As she took some pillows and placed them behind her, she suggested he start first.
"I'll be okay. Just go." she said as she prepared herself for James to cast the spell.
Back to top Go down
James Riddle
Adult
James Riddle

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Lesson One - The Full Body-Bind Curse (Year II)   Lesson One - The Full Body-Bind Curse (Year II) - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 25, 2013 10:37 pm

James hesitantly pointed his wand at Lucy, waiting for her to prepare. "I'm sorry if I hurt you." he apologized in advance, though he was aware that considering his previous experiences in Defence Against the Dart Arts practical tasks, he was more likely to harm himself. After miserably failing to defeat Devil's Snare and then seeing his Knock-Back Jinx backfire, he wondered what kind of disappointing surprise this lesson had in store for him.

"Ready?" he inquired upon glancing at the blackboard one final time to make sure he remembered the wand movement correctly. Just as the Slytherin nodded, he noticed Professor Umbranox walk up to them and silently observe him. Great, just what I needed. James thought, his hand slightly shivering under the pressure of the teacher's gaze. Taking a deep breath, he tried to concentrate only on the spell he had to cast. "Petrificus Totalus" he finally uttered after a few seconds.
Back to top Go down
Lucy Malfoy
Adult
Lucy Malfoy

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Lesson One - The Full Body-Bind Curse (Year II)   Lesson One - The Full Body-Bind Curse (Year II) - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 27, 2013 1:46 am

As soon as Lucy nodded, a sign that she was ready, Professor Umbranox approached them and she saw a slight hint of nervousness in James. That worried her. She had seen James perform other spells, and even though there was no doubt he was talented, he did have a tendency to somehow make them backfire. She wasn't worried about whether or not he could hurt her, because she'd practiced with Professor Umbranox before, but she'd feel terrible if James accidentally hurt himself.

The spell left his mouth, and Lucy expected to feel her body tense up, and she did, but only for a brief second. Her arms tensed up, and her legs became rigid, but after a couple of seconds she was able to lift her arms freely.
"You should try again." she offered, knowing that James was probably disappointed. "I mean, it's only your first try." she assured him with a smile.
Back to top Go down
James Riddle
Adult
James Riddle

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Lesson One - The Full Body-Bind Curse (Year II)   Lesson One - The Full Body-Bind Curse (Year II) - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 03, 2013 4:50 pm

James felt his heart jump when he saw Lucy's arms and legs become unnaturally stiff, but his joy was shortly lived, as he soon realized that he was facing yet another failure. He attempted to smile back as she was trying to comfort him, but the gesture lacked any genuineness.

Old demons began resurfacing, and doubt slowly overwhelmed him. He had hoped that advancing to his second year at Hogwarts would have washed away his apprehension, but it only took one spell to break his illusions. Slowly turning to Professor Umbranox, he expected to find disappointment on the teacher's face.
Back to top Go down
Elita Malfoy
Adult
Elita Malfoy

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Lesson One - The Full Body-Bind Curse (Year II)   Lesson One - The Full Body-Bind Curse (Year II) - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 03, 2013 7:25 pm

Ellie smiled. "Sure," she paused for a few seconds, "ready?" She waited til Wade confirmed that he was ready, then raised her wand unsteadily. She had caught a glimpse of the Professor walking around and coming to them. There was a certain nervousness in her eyes, as she didn't like when the professors watched her do spell work because it always caused her to hurt someone.

Slowly, she steadied her wand, and pointed it at Wade. "Petrificus Totalus!" she chanted in a strong voice, stronger than the one she usually uses. She could only hope that she never hurt him.
Back to top Go down
Ambrosius Umbranox
Adult
Ambrosius Umbranox

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Lesson One - The Full Body-Bind Curse (Year II)   Lesson One - The Full Body-Bind Curse (Year II) - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 04, 2013 9:27 pm

Continuing his stroll, Ambrosius approached Lucy Malfoy and James Riddle as the Ravenclaw was about to perform the curse. He immediately noticed something was wrong with the boy. He was just excessively nervous, and his failure to cast the spell only confirmed what Ambrosius had anticipated. The boy's talent was undeniable, yet he always seemed to find a reason to doubt his abilities.

"You should try again, mister Riddle." he instructed as the Ravenclaw turned around to face him. "I am positive you can perform this spell, but in order to succeed, you must be convinced of that as well. Just close your eyes and forget about me, forget about all of them." he added, getting close to the boy so that only he could hear what he was saying. "Imagine you are all alone, facing a fearsome opponent that you know you can only vanquish with this curse. Can you do that? And remember, defeat is not the greatest of failures, ceasing to try is."
Back to top Go down
James Riddle
Adult
James Riddle

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Lesson One - The Full Body-Bind Curse (Year II)   Lesson One - The Full Body-Bind Curse (Year II) - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 04, 2013 10:58 pm

"I understand, professor" he replied hesitantly while pointing his wand at Lucy. He closed his eyes, trying to follow the teacher's instructions, but he still felt the pressure of the professor's gaze upon his back, and had the sensation that a thousand eyes were riveted on him.

"Petrificus Totalus" he pronounced without much conviction. He immediately knew it wasn't going to work. Opening his eyes, he discovered the curse had indeed had no effect on Lucy whatsoever. Embarrassed and anxious, he turned back towards Professor Umbranox. "I'm sorry" he stuttered, not daring to look the teacher in the eyes.
Back to top Go down
Ambrosius Umbranox
Adult
Ambrosius Umbranox

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Lesson One - The Full Body-Bind Curse (Year II)   Lesson One - The Full Body-Bind Curse (Year II) - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 05, 2013 1:44 am

The boy's unsuccessful performances during previous tasks had apparently left a more profound mark than Ambrosius had thought. Aware that his student wouldn't be able to cast another charm correctly until he had regained some self-confidence, he knew something had to be done to help him, and suddenly had an idea.

"You cannot let your emotions hinder your abilities. Panicking in the face of danger can happen to anyone, you must not let that block you." he said to the Ravenclaw so that only he could hear. "I want you to try one more time. Just one more." Standing behind his student, he watched him prepare to cast the spell, looking as unsure as the previous time. Discretely shifting his wand and pointing it at Lucy Malfoy, Ambrosius waited for the exact moment James Riddle uttered the incantation to pronounce it in his mind himself. The Slytherin's arms and legs instantly stiffened, and as her whole body became rigid, she fell on her back, the impact softened by the magical cushions. This should solve the problem, Ambrosius thought, glancing at James Riddle to gauge his reaction.
Back to top Go down
James Riddle
Adult
James Riddle

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Lesson One - The Full Body-Bind Curse (Year II)   Lesson One - The Full Body-Bind Curse (Year II) - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 05, 2013 9:39 am

James couldn't believe his eyes. The spell had finally worked. Immensely relieved and satisfied, he precipitated himself to see if Lucy was fine after her fall. Realizing she couldn't speak while under the effects of the charm, he pointed his wand at her, ready to cast the counter-curse. "Rennervate!" he exclaimed with a confident tone. Her body loosened up almost instantly and in a few moments she was back it was back to its normal state. "Are you all right?" he inquired anxiously, extending his hand to help her get up.

Back to top Go down
Wade Malfoy
Admin
Admin
Wade Malfoy

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Lesson One - The Full Body-Bind Curse (Year II)   Lesson One - The Full Body-Bind Curse (Year II) - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 06, 2013 2:42 am

Immediately after Ellie casted the spell, Wade felt his body tense up. Thinking it was a great that Ellie's spell had been perfect, he was soon disappointed when he noticed he could still move his fingers. After a couple of seconds, he was able to move freely just as he had done before. "Hmm" he said, glancing at Ellie. "That was good for your first try," his look on his hands as they slowly lost the tense feeling, "go again, El." he encouraged.
Back to top Go down
Shah Chelsea Hazel
Admin
Admin
Shah Chelsea Hazel

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Lesson One - The Full Body-Bind Curse (Year II)   Lesson One - The Full Body-Bind Curse (Year II) - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 06, 2013 7:25 am

Shah nodded at Aurora and pulled out her wand. After Aurora was prepared, Shah focused on the spell and said, "Petrificus Totalus!"

Nothing happened. Aurora just grinned and said, "Go again."

Shah nodded again. This time she concentrated more, brought all her energy together, imagined exactly what she wanted and muttered the words correctly, "Petrificus Totalus!"

She could see Aurora stood the same way, the smile on her face. Shah'd done it! "I did it!" She said to no one in particular.
Back to top Go down
Lucy Malfoy
Adult
Lucy Malfoy

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Lesson One - The Full Body-Bind Curse (Year II)   Lesson One - The Full Body-Bind Curse (Year II) - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 07, 2013 2:47 am

Lucy had watched as Professor Umbranox placed himself behind James, but before she had time to think about it, James had casted the spell once again and as soon as he did Lucy's arms and legs stiffened. She felt herself falling back, and hitting the cushions, but it had all happened so suddenly that she was a bit dizzy and shaken.

"Yes, I'm alright." she said as she shook her head slightly and took his hand. Once up, it took her a few seconds to realize what had happened. "You did it!" she exclaimed, her eyes gleaming and a bright smile on her lips. "You did it James!"
Back to top Go down
Elita Malfoy
Adult
Elita Malfoy

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Lesson One - The Full Body-Bind Curse (Year II)   Lesson One - The Full Body-Bind Curse (Year II) - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 07, 2013 4:01 am

Disappointment spread across her face as she noticed Wade could still move. She tried to shrug it off, but it was near impossible. She had never been great with spellwork, how was she supposed to even attempt to protect Ella with weak spells? Becoming angry at herself and at Ella and her grandparents, she firmly pointed her wand and in a firm, strong voice, called out, "Petrificus Totalus!" She watched Wade for any sign that the spell had worked, her rage still burning, her fists clamped tightly around her wand and her jaw set.
Back to top Go down
James Riddle
Adult
James Riddle

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Lesson One - The Full Body-Bind Curse (Year II)   Lesson One - The Full Body-Bind Curse (Year II) - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 07, 2013 9:36 am

"I actually did! I still can't believe it." he sincerely replied with an excited smile. The counter-curse had worked as well, and on the first try. He felt a sudden urge to hug her in his rejoicing, but refrained from it when he realized what he was about to do. "Okay, it's your turn now." he added in a more serene tone. Upon flashing a thankful glance at Professor Umbranox for his helpful advice, he returned to his spot and prepared for his partner's curse.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lesson One - The Full Body-Bind Curse (Year II)   Lesson One - The Full Body-Bind Curse (Year II) - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Lesson One - The Full Body-Bind Curse (Year II)
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next