Live the Magic!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
The Admins
Fast Links
Current time
SPRING
Year: 2034
Term: 13
Month: March

Term 13 until TBA
House Points
Chat Box
Vote For Us
Affiliates
Photobucket Shadowplay HOS The Beginning Magical World of Harry Potter THE GIRL IS DANGEROUS Hogwarts Academy

Click here to affiliate!
Latest topics
» Chances (Ariel)
Lesson One - The Full Body-Bind Curse (Year II) EmptySat May 28, 2016 11:34 pm by Ariel Wilde

» HUGE REALLY VERY IMPORTANT UPDATE - PLEASE READ
Lesson One - The Full Body-Bind Curse (Year II) EmptySat May 21, 2016 11:40 pm by Hunter VanDerberg

» Sunny Afternoon (Open to Anyone)
Lesson One - The Full Body-Bind Curse (Year II) EmptyFri May 20, 2016 6:58 am by Marielle Prince

» An Unfortunate Accident (Open)
Lesson One - The Full Body-Bind Curse (Year II) EmptyMon May 16, 2016 2:41 am by Marielle Prince

» Marielle Aveline Prince
Lesson One - The Full Body-Bind Curse (Year II) EmptySun May 15, 2016 8:57 pm by Sky

» Claim a Face
Lesson One - The Full Body-Bind Curse (Year II) EmptySun May 15, 2016 8:08 am by Marielle Prince

» AFFILIATE HERE
Lesson One - The Full Body-Bind Curse (Year II) EmptyMon May 09, 2016 2:42 am by Ariadne O'Rieley

» My charries need something fot their life (a plots)
Lesson One - The Full Body-Bind Curse (Year II) EmptyWed May 04, 2016 8:10 am by Jessica Kim

» The Gif Game 2.0
Lesson One - The Full Body-Bind Curse (Year II) EmptyTue May 03, 2016 7:39 am by Humphrey Williams

» A Dying Trade (one of JETTS characters)
Lesson One - The Full Body-Bind Curse (Year II) EmptyMon May 02, 2016 12:25 am by Augustus Beckett

» Wild Child [Ariadne]
Lesson One - The Full Body-Bind Curse (Year II) EmptySun May 01, 2016 6:01 am by Ariadne O'Rieley

» History Of Magic Application
Lesson One - The Full Body-Bind Curse (Year II) EmptyFri Apr 22, 2016 9:41 pm by Morgana Gaunt

» Semi - Activity Check!
Lesson One - The Full Body-Bind Curse (Year II) EmptyFri Apr 22, 2016 11:56 am by Hunter VanDerberg

» EVELYN'S "DRAWINGS"
Lesson One - The Full Body-Bind Curse (Year II) EmptySun Apr 17, 2016 10:30 pm by Morgana Gaunt

» I Won't Say I'm In Love (closed-one shot)
Lesson One - The Full Body-Bind Curse (Year II) EmptySun Apr 17, 2016 5:18 pm by Miranda Cunningham

Lesson One - The Full Body-Bind Curse (Year II)

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Ambrosius Umbranox
Adult
Ambrosius Umbranox

My Character
::
Activity: Adult, Defence Against the Dark Arts Professor, Head of Ravenclaw House

Lesson One - The Full Body-Bind Curse (Year II) Empty
PostSubject: Lesson One - The Full Body-Bind Curse (Year II)   Lesson One - The Full Body-Bind Curse (Year II) EmptyMon May 13, 2013 9:07 am

Defence Against the Dark Arts: Lesson One

Raindrops were violently lashing against the mist covered windows. After strolling around the classroom in order to check if everything was ready for the upcoming lesson, Ambrosius stopped near one of them. With a flick of his wand, he cleared the pane so that he could observe the landscape while awaiting the arrival of his students. Seeing his own reflection in the glass, he noticed that his face was paler than usual, making the shadows under his eyes all the more visible and terrifying. He ran his long and thin fingers down his cheeks, as to check if the man he was seeing was really himself. The contact of his hand on his cold skin triggered a strain of memories from a time long gone. In his head, the pictures followed one another: he saw the dark hair and radiant smile of the young woman who had been haunting his thoughts, and remembered her gentle touch as if they had never parted. However, he knew where this reminiscence would inevitably lead him, and he always tried to avoid adventuring into that painful place. On the window, a drop of water ran down the reflection of his cheek.

Suddenly, the door of the classroom opened, driving these troubling thoughts from his mind. Still a little shaken, he walked to his desk while his students were entering in small groups. Silently standing behind it, he waited for all of them to arrive before beginning the lesson.
Back to top Go down
Aylee Walters
Admin
Admin
Aylee Walters

My Character
Activity: Adult, Trainee Obliviator

PostSubject: Re: Lesson One - The Full Body-Bind Curse (Year II)   Lesson One - The Full Body-Bind Curse (Year II) EmptyMon May 13, 2013 7:45 pm

Aylee walked into the classroom, excited for the first Defence Against the Dark Arts lesson of the term. On her first year, she had enjoyed the lesson so she was particulary curious about this one. She spotted Professor Umbranox behind his desk looking really tired. It didn't make much of a difference to her- last year he had looked really scary when she first saw him, now she has gotten used to his appearance. Shrugging to herself, the Ravenclaw found herself a seat at the back as she usually did.

When she took out her parchment and quill to take notes, Aylee looked to the front of the class, waiting for the lesson to start.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lesson One - The Full Body-Bind Curse (Year II)   Lesson One - The Full Body-Bind Curse (Year II) EmptyTue May 14, 2013 8:39 am

After ending up having to partner with the professor last term, Emmalynne wasn’t entirely sure what to expect this term. It was a new year, but that didn’t mean any less chance that she’d be over her fear of the Defense against the Dark Arts classroom, or Professor Umbranox himself. She wasn’t sure what it was, there was just always a general sort of creepiness to the class, and she’d been half-tempted to bring Doc with her just for moral support. She hadn’t, though, just because she didn’t want to deal with any points loss for bringing a pygmy puff to class, or worse, having the fluffball end up being used as target practice or something. It was just easier to leave him in the dorm, and steel herself for class on her own.

It hadn’t helped that only Aylee was sitting there when she’d arrived, either, but she’d flashed the Ravenclaw a smile as she made her way to a desk near the middle of the classroom. Her habit merely because it put her away from the walls and she felt safer that way. “Good day, Professor Umbranox,” she said, rather softly as she’d seen the professor behind his desk looking drawn, although the general quietness of the room seemed to mean she’d be heard either way. Now she had questions, but she could keep those to herself. Instead, she just started getting supplies out for notes, making sure her wand was at the ready as well. She wasn’t about to be taken by surprise if she was going to be on her own again.
Back to top Go down
Ambrosius Umbranox
Adult
Ambrosius Umbranox

My Character
Activity: Adult, Defence Against the Dark Arts Professor, Head of Ravenclaw House

PostSubject: Re: Lesson One - The Full Body-Bind Curse (Year II)   Lesson One - The Full Body-Bind Curse (Year II) EmptyTue May 14, 2013 11:01 pm

“Good afternoon, everyone.” Ambrosius greeted them with his usual calm voice. “I am glad to see that most of you are still here, and that you have chosen to take Defence Against the Dark Arts in your second year. I hope you have enjoyed yourselves during the holidays. However, as you have surely noticed, they are now over and I therefore expect nothing less than your full attention and hard work.” He marked a brief pause, his gaze going from face to face to make sure the message was clear.

Leaving his desk, he started wandering around the room, his hands behind his back, as he pursued: “As you may remember, last term we began learning about defensive spells, at least a few basic ones. Can anyone briefly remind me what charms we talked about, and their uses when dealing with the Dark Arts?" he asked, to make sure that the students hadn't forgotten everything, as it was sometimes the case after a long break.

OOC: Students who have not joined the lesson yet may still do so. Please don't role-play as if you were late, just pretend you were there from the start. Thank you.
Back to top Go down
Aylee Walters
Admin
Admin
Aylee Walters

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Lesson One - The Full Body-Bind Curse (Year II)   Lesson One - The Full Body-Bind Curse (Year II) EmptyFri May 17, 2013 5:47 am

Aylee was sitting at her table with her arms crossed in front of her. She was watching the rain pour against the window until Professor Umbranox spoke. Almost jumping, she looked up and tried to remember which spells they did last term. The wand-lighting charm and its variations... was the first thing that came to her head. But she didn't want to say it out loud. Somehow, she was being really shy ever since her argument with Sydney. Or fight.
Back to top Go down
Ambrosius Umbranox
Adult
Ambrosius Umbranox

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Lesson One - The Full Body-Bind Curse (Year II)   Lesson One - The Full Body-Bind Curse (Year II) EmptyThu May 23, 2013 10:33 am

"No one?" Ambrosius said once the silence has lasted long enough. "I have to admit I am slightly disappointed. Well, I suggest that you read the notes you took last year one more time, and hope you will remember this lesson better. I believe we can move on to the subject of today's lesson. If you do not have any questions, that is." He waited several seconds, but none of his students raised their hand. He pursued, noticing that they were all observing him with consistence. "The spells we have seen so far have a certain number of limits, which make them ineffective in some situations. Therefore, today we are going to learn two new defensive charms that may prove very useful for all of you in the future."

Approaching his desk, he took out his wand and swiftly flicked it. A piece of chalk flew out of his bag, levitated towards the blackboard, and then stopped at a few inches from the surface, hovering in mid-air, waiting for further instructions. Ambrosius faced his audience and announced: "The subject of today's lesson are the Full Body-Bind Curse and the Freezing Charm." While the students were pulling out their quills and parchments in order to take notes, one could hear the grating sound of the chalk writing on the board. "Since I did not have the possibility to give you any homework for this lesson, you may still be unacquainted with these spells. Unlike previous lessons, this one will therefore consist of two parts. First, we are going to talk about the theory concerning these charms and after that you will have the opportunity to practice them in groups as usually."

Ambrosius ceased his stroll between around the classroom and turned towards his audience. "We will start with Petrificus Totalus. Has anyone heard of this curse before or does anyone have an idea, however vague it may be, concerning its effects?" he asked, his gaze moving from student to student.
Back to top Go down
Ambrosius Umbranox
Adult
Ambrosius Umbranox

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Lesson One - The Full Body-Bind Curse (Year II)   Lesson One - The Full Body-Bind Curse (Year II) EmptySat May 25, 2013 2:04 am

Once again, only utter silence followed his question. "You all seem particularly sleepy today" he remarked. "If you desire to earn some points and thus aid your House to reach victory in the Cup this year, I highly recommend that you wake up and participate."

"The Full-Body Bind Curse, also known as the Body Freezing Curse, is a spell that renders the victim completely immobile. The incantation is Petrificus Totalus and the wand movement required to perform it is, from left to right, a hook, then a horizontal line and finally a short vertical line downwards." he explained while showing the motion with his wand. Behind him, the blackboard was filling with information about the spell.

"More precisely, the body of one hit by this curse will become rigid, making them fall on the ground due to a lack of balance. However, they will not be unconscious, and the spell does not affect their breathing ability. Furthermore, the victim is completely aware of what is happening around them, being able to move their eyes, even if they cannot control any other part of their body. Therefore, the Full-Body Bind Curse is extremely useful in defence against dark forces, since if you succeed in hitting your foe with this spell, they will be unable to harm you in any way. Unlike the Leg-Locker Curse, which only blocks the victim's legs, it has the advantage of preventing a witch or wizard from using their wand, which is crucial when facing a dangerous opponent in battle. It goes without saying that the Body Freezing Charms is most effective on living foes, and it is mostly used when defending against witches or wizards. However, being more powerful than for example the Knock-Back Jinx, it is also more difficult to cast successfully, and requires a level of concentration that some of you might still not be able to achieve." Ambrosius explained.

He made a pause, listening to the scratch of quills on parchments as the students were writing down what he was saying. "Once someone is affected by the Body Freezing Curse, they cannot undo the effect of the spell by themselves whilst under it. However, there are several ways to "awaken" someone who has been subjected to this curse. Can anyone tell me more about these means?"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lesson One - The Full Body-Bind Curse (Year II)   Lesson One - The Full Body-Bind Curse (Year II) EmptySun May 26, 2013 12:16 am

Auden was scribbling down notes. The Body Freezing Charms are very interesting, Auden thought to herself. Then the Professor suddenly asked how someone can awaken someone who has been placed under the curse. Auden herself had no idea. She knew that you can't just use a regular counter curse. But then what could it be? Auden started to bite on her lip and began hopping someone would know the correct answer.
Back to top Go down
Aylee Walters
Admin
Admin
Aylee Walters

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Lesson One - The Full Body-Bind Curse (Year II)   Lesson One - The Full Body-Bind Curse (Year II) EmptySun May 26, 2013 8:19 am

Aylee didn't know any of these answers. She looked around, hoping that someone else would answer.
Back to top Go down
Ambrosius Umbranox
Adult
Ambrosius Umbranox

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Lesson One - The Full Body-Bind Curse (Year II)   Lesson One - The Full Body-Bind Curse (Year II) EmptyWed May 29, 2013 12:35 am

The students seemed to ignore the answer to his question, or perhaps they were simply too frightened to give it. Whatever the reason, it appeared that he would be the only one talking during the lesson.

"The first way to undo the effects of the Full-Body Bind Curse is the Reviving Spell, whose incantation is Rennervate. Contrary to what its name indicates, it is not used to bring the deceased back to life, since that is impossible, even in the wizarding world, however hard that may be to accept." he added with a shade of pain in his voice. "Its primary effect is to bring one back to consciousness after one has been afflicted by a Stunning Spell or a Full-Body Bind Curse. For those of you who are not familiar with it, the Stunning Spell is also a very useful weapon when defending against the Dark Arts, but as it requires a greater magical knowledge than you currently possess, you will only learn it in further years. Another way to undo the result of Petrificus Totalus is to perform Finite or Finite Incatatem, which stop all currently remaining spell effects that it targets. The only difference is that the second aims at an area rather than a specific object or individual. Later, when you will be practicing the Body-Bind Curse, you will use the Reviving Charm as a counter-curse, since it is the easiest to perform of the three." He paused for a moment, waiting to see if they had any questions.

"As you may have noticed, Petrificus comes from the Latin petra, which means stone. You can also find the same root in the word petrify: turn into stone. Even though the Full Body-Bind Curse may share some similarities with petrification, the two are fundamentally different. Does anyone know the distinction between them?" he asked, and then waited to see if one of his students had an idea.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lesson One - The Full Body-Bind Curse (Year II)   Lesson One - The Full Body-Bind Curse (Year II) EmptyWed May 29, 2013 10:15 pm

Auden listened to the Professor while she was taking notes. She raised her hand. "Professor is it that the Full Body-Bind Curse is temporary and petrification is more deadly?" Auden asked. She didn't know if it was the right answer but the class was getting boring with only the Professor talking and not the students.
Back to top Go down
Ambrosius Umbranox
Adult
Ambrosius Umbranox

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Lesson One - The Full Body-Bind Curse (Year II)   Lesson One - The Full Body-Bind Curse (Year II) EmptyWed May 29, 2013 11:25 pm

"Thank you, miss Mayer." Ambrosius declared gratefully. That is indeed one of the main differences between the Full Body-Bind Curse and petrification. You have just earned five points for Ravenclaw. I am pleased to see that at least members of my Houses are displaying some willingness to participate."

"As you said, on one hand, petrification is very advanced Dark Magic and it cannot be countered by a simple spell, contrary to the Body Freezing Charm. On the other hand, when you have been petrified, you are completely unaware of what is happening around you, you slumber into some sort of deep coma until you are finally brought back to consciousness, whereas the Petrificus Totalus curse only results in the immobility of the victim's body. Another difference is that the effects of the Full Body-Bind spell are only temporary and will wear off after some time, even if no counter-curse is performed, whereas the ones resulting from petrification can last indefinitely, that is until the victim is administered a cure. The only known one is obtained from a magical plant called Mandrake or Mandragora, which, when matured, can be cut up to serve as a prime ingredient for the Mandrake Restorative Draught. a potion with the ability to awaken someone who has been petrified. I will not go into details now, as you will learn more about this fascinating plant in Herbology. Finally, there is also a major difference between the Full Body-Bind Curse and petrification in the way that they initially occur. Whereas the first is a rather elementary spell within the grasp of most wizards out witches, the second is Dark Magic of the most advanced kind. Although there are legends about dark wizards who were so powerful that they could literally turn others into stone, the only proven cause of petrification remains the gaze of the Basilisk, reflected in or seen through another object. As terrifying as this may sound, one of those snakes, also known as King of Serpents as they can reach gigantic sizes and live many hundreds of years, once dwelt in this very Castle."

He stopped for a moment, as several gasps could be heard throughout the classroom, from those who did not know the story. "To get to the beginning of this tale, we have to go back over a thousand years, to the time of the creation of the school. As you know, Hogwarts was founded in the Middle Ages by four of the most brilliant witches and wizards of the time : Godric Gryffindor, Helga Hufflepuff, Rowena Ravenclaw and Salazar Slytherin, who gave their names to the different Houses you have been sorted into."
He started walking around the room, the students' gazes following him. "They all had their own opinion on who should be accepted to study at Hogwarts, and while three of them were able to co-exist quite harmoniously, one did not. Salazar Slytherin wished to be more selective in the choice of students. He believed that only Pure-Bloods should be permitted to attend Hogwarts, as he considered that Muggle-Born children did not deserve to learn magic. Unable to convince the others of his elitist way of thinking, he left the school. However, before departing, he built a hidden chamber in the Castle, the Chamber of Secrets, and sealed it so that only his true heir would be able to reopen it. He or she alone will then have the ability to unleash and control the monster within the Chamber, and by doing so purge the school of all those who are, according to Slytherin's views, unworthy to study magic." He paused one more time, as a cold and tense atmosphere was descending upon the room.

"Of course, many searches were conducted to find the Chamber over time. None, however, were successful, and the Chamber of Secrets was dismissed as a mere legend by many. However, in 1942, a series of attacks on Muggle-Borns occurred, leading to the murder of one of them. Nevertheless, the supposed culprit was found, expelled and sent to Azkaban, the prison for wizards, even though the Chamber had still not been found. The case was considered closed, and for a long time there was no more talk of the mysterious chamber. Still, fifty years later, the attacks started again, along with messages that the Chamber of Secrets had been reopened. Luckily, this time, all the victims were merely petrified." He stopped, as many of the students were connecting this last piece of information with what he had told them earlier. "Yes, as you have certainly guessed, Slytherin's monster was a Basilisk, a beast whose gaze would instantly kill anyone who directly crossed it. However, this time, the victims only saw a reflection of the snake's eyes, hence being only petrified. After an escalating number of attacks, the school was on the verge of being closed. However, just as everyone thought that all hope was gone, two wizards, in their second year at the time, found their way into the Chamber, defeated the Basilisk, and sent Slytherin's heir into oblivion, thus freeing the school from the threat of the Chamber of Secrets." Ambrosius glanced at the clock. Telling the story had taken him more time than he had planned.

"As much as I would love to tell you every detail about this fascinating tale, I am afraid we have to move on with our defence spells. Besides, I believe that the story of the Chamber of Secrets is on your History of Magic curriculum, and you will therefore have the opportunity to discover every possible aspect of it." He paused for a moment, waiting to see if his students had any question about what he had just told them.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lesson One - The Full Body-Bind Curse (Year II)   Lesson One - The Full Body-Bind Curse (Year II) EmptyThu May 30, 2013 10:32 pm

Auden smiled to herself. She was right! And Auden didn't really know it for sure. Auden continued to take notes even though her hand was starting to hurt.
Back to top Go down
Ambrosius Umbranox
Adult
Ambrosius Umbranox

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Lesson One - The Full Body-Bind Curse (Year II)   Lesson One - The Full Body-Bind Curse (Year II) EmptyFri May 31, 2013 9:19 pm

As there seemed to be no further questions, Ambrosius pursued his lesson: "Well, now that we have talked about the Full Body-Bind Curse's purpose, and that we have inspected the main differences between that spell and petrification, we can move on to inspecting its limitations. As you know, no spell is flawless. Petrifcus Totalus, however useful and powerful, does not constitute an exception to that rule. So can anyone identify its possible weaknesses?" he inquired, gazing across the classroom.

"You will not find the answer in there" he added, catching a few students glance at their textbooks. "Try to think by yourselves. Just imagine yourselves in a duel, facing a fearless opponent who is just about to cast the curse."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lesson One - The Full Body-Bind Curse (Year II)   Lesson One - The Full Body-Bind Curse (Year II) EmptyFri May 31, 2013 9:57 pm

Auden listened to the Professor. She had no idea about the limitations. Auden started looking around and biting her lip, hoping someone would know the answer.
Back to top Go down
Aylee Walters
Admin
Admin
Aylee Walters

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Lesson One - The Full Body-Bind Curse (Year II)   Lesson One - The Full Body-Bind Curse (Year II) EmptySat Jun 01, 2013 4:29 pm

Aylee raised her hand slowly. "Is it stopped by the Shield Charm?" she asked, praying that she won't get laughed at if she got it wrong. She felt her cheeks grow hot as she spoke.

Back to top Go down
Ambrosius Umbranox
Adult
Ambrosius Umbranox

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Lesson One - The Full Body-Bind Curse (Year II)   Lesson One - The Full Body-Bind Curse (Year II) EmptyMon Jun 03, 2013 1:42 am

"Correct, miss Walters. Two points to Ravenclaw." he stated, fixing the visibly embarrassed girl. "You should not refrain from participating. Your words are true, yet only if you speak them can they be heard." He then addressed the whole class. "And please remember that inaccurate suggestions are often the necessary first step towards finding the solution."

"As you said, not unlike the Knock-Back Jinx and many other simple and moderate difficulty spells, Petrificus Totalus can be deflected by a Shield Charm, which represents one of its shortcomings. However, this weakness is not specific to the Full-Body Bind Curse." he added. "Any other suggestions?"
Back to top Go down
Ambrosius Umbranox
Adult
Ambrosius Umbranox

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Lesson One - The Full Body-Bind Curse (Year II)   Lesson One - The Full Body-Bind Curse (Year II) EmptyThu Jun 06, 2013 10:04 am

Since no hands were raised, Ambrosius pursued. "The efficiency of the Full-Body Bind Curse depends on the size of your opponent. For instance, it is nearly impossible to use it successfully on giants. Furthermore, having quick reflexes and reacting rapidly is very important in duelling. Thus, the length of a spell's incantation can play a major role. The longer it is, the more time your opponent has to attempt to counter or evade your charm, and it also reveals them which curse you are about to use before you even finish casting it. "

"However, there is a way to overcome that specific weakness, even if you still do not have sufficient magical knowledge to exploit it yet. Can anyone guess what I am referring to?"
Back to top Go down
Aylee Walters
Admin
Admin
Aylee Walters

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Lesson One - The Full Body-Bind Curse (Year II)   Lesson One - The Full Body-Bind Curse (Year II) EmptyThu Jun 06, 2013 5:34 pm

Aylee slowly raised her hand again. If it was the right answer, she wasn't sure. But she usually spent free time poring over spell books so she guessed what the Professor was referring to immediately. "Is it nonverbal spells?" she asked.

Back to top Go down
Ambrosius Umbranox
Adult
Ambrosius Umbranox

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Lesson One - The Full Body-Bind Curse (Year II)   Lesson One - The Full Body-Bind Curse (Year II) EmptyThu Jun 06, 2013 10:31 pm

"That is exact, and deserves five points for Ravenclaw. For those of you who are still unfamiliar with it, a nonverbal spell is one performed without saying the incantation out loud. This branch of magic is indeed very difficult to master as it requires an impressive amount of practice, and tremendous concentration and mental discipline. Therefore, you will only be learning it from your sixth year at Hogwarts." Ambrosius pointed out. He glanced at the clock, and pursued: "Well, if you do not have any questions about the Full-Body Bind Curse, I would like to quickly go over the Immobilus spell before letting you practice what have learned today."

"The Freezing Charm, whose incantation is Immobilus, is relatively similar to the Full-Body Bind Curse, as it stops things from moving. However, the main difference is that it is not used on human opponents, but rather on objects, plants and even some magical creatures. For example, if you recall our second lesson last year, we saw that one way to defeat Devil's Snare is to use a Lumos Solem spell. Casting a Freezing Charm would be another solution to get away from the plant's tendrils."

"Well, that is all you need to know, and if you would now please join me at the front of the classroom, so that we can move on to the practical part, that I am sure you have all been expecting with impatience." After a series of creaking sounds as the students were pulling their chairs, they all approached Ambrosius's desk. As during his two previous lessons, the professor swished his wand twice, causing the desks and chairs to line up at the back of the room, while a set of cushions appeared on the vast empty space in the middle.

"You know what you have to do. You will work in groups of two, casting the Full-Body Bind Curse alternately. Please first make sure that your pronunciation of the incantation is correct, and that your wand movement is precise before trying to perform it." he advised, showing them the blackboard, where all the information about the spell was indicated. "Do not worry if you are unsuccessful at first, this is a quite difficult spell. One more thing: if you do "petrify" your partner, use Rennervate to undo the curse's effects. If you have difficulties with it, call me and I will come to help you." He gazed at his students, then finished: "If you have nothing to ask about the task, you are free to start."
Back to top Go down
Aylee Walters
Admin
Admin
Aylee Walters

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Lesson One - The Full Body-Bind Curse (Year II)   Lesson One - The Full Body-Bind Curse (Year II) EmptyFri Jun 14, 2013 3:55 pm

Aylee looked around, wondering who would want to team up with her. She didn't want to march up to someone and ask them to be her partner, she didn't like to do that. What if the person she asked didn't want to team up with her? What if I end up with no partner? she thought.

Then she saw Auden nearby. Feeling shy, Aylee walked up to her Ravenclaw friend. "Hi," she said. "W-want to team up?"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lesson One - The Full Body-Bind Curse (Year II)   Lesson One - The Full Body-Bind Curse (Year II) EmptySun Jun 16, 2013 6:26 pm

Aylee came up to her. Auden was glad too because she wasn't really good friends with anyone else in this class. "Sure! I'd love to." Auden said.
Back to top Go down
Ambrosius Umbranox
Adult
Ambrosius Umbranox

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Lesson One - The Full Body-Bind Curse (Year II)   Lesson One - The Full Body-Bind Curse (Year II) EmptyMon Jun 17, 2013 11:31 am

Ambrosius watched his students split into groups and start practicing. This time, everyone seemed to have a partner, so he began strolling around, observing how they would perform and ready to offer his assistance if required.

He first walked to Aylee Walters and Auden Mayer, just as the two Ravenclaws were about to begin. Being as discrete as ever, he stood by and contemplated them while they executed the task.
Back to top Go down
Ryland Malfoy
Adult
Ryland Malfoy

My Character
Activity: Gryffindor Alumni, Owner of Glass House, Care of Magical Creatures Professor

PostSubject: Re: Lesson One - The Full Body-Bind Curse (Year II)   Lesson One - The Full Body-Bind Curse (Year II) EmptyTue Jun 18, 2013 3:20 am

With a confused gaze, Ryland looked around for anyone who might be as unfortunate as he was. He didn't have a partner yet, or at least he thought he didn't. Unsure of what to do without someone to practice with, he approached the professor.
"Sir? If I don't have a partner, what should I do?" Half of him wanted to do the assignment on a dummy of some sort, and the other half of him wanted to not do the assignment at all.
Back to top Go down
Aylee Walters
Admin
Admin
Aylee Walters

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Lesson One - The Full Body-Bind Curse (Year II)   Lesson One - The Full Body-Bind Curse (Year II) EmptyTue Jun 18, 2013 8:23 pm

Aylee smiled when Auden agreed to be her partner. "Er, so, we have to try the spell..." she said, partly scared, partly excited. "Who should go first?" She was somehow half-hoping that Auden decided that Aylee should try first.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lesson One - The Full Body-Bind Curse (Year II)   Lesson One - The Full Body-Bind Curse (Year II) Empty

Back to top Go down

Lesson One - The Full Body-Bind Curse (Year II)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next