Live the Magic!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
The Admins
Fast Links
Current time
SPRING
Year: 2034
Term: 13
Month: March

Term 13 until TBA
House Points
Chat Box
Vote For Us
Affiliates
Photobucket Shadowplay HOS The Beginning Magical World of Harry Potter THE GIRL IS DANGEROUS Hogwarts Academy

Click here to affiliate!
Latest topics
» Chances (Ariel)
A Dying Trade (one of JETTS characters) EmptySat May 28, 2016 11:34 pm by Ariel Wilde

» HUGE REALLY VERY IMPORTANT UPDATE - PLEASE READ
A Dying Trade (one of JETTS characters) EmptySat May 21, 2016 11:40 pm by Hunter VanDerberg

» Sunny Afternoon (Open to Anyone)
A Dying Trade (one of JETTS characters) EmptyFri May 20, 2016 6:58 am by Marielle Prince

» An Unfortunate Accident (Open)
A Dying Trade (one of JETTS characters) EmptyMon May 16, 2016 2:41 am by Marielle Prince

» Marielle Aveline Prince
A Dying Trade (one of JETTS characters) EmptySun May 15, 2016 8:57 pm by Sky

» Claim a Face
A Dying Trade (one of JETTS characters) EmptySun May 15, 2016 8:08 am by Marielle Prince

» AFFILIATE HERE
A Dying Trade (one of JETTS characters) EmptyMon May 09, 2016 2:42 am by Ariadne O'Rieley

» My charries need something fot their life (a plots)
A Dying Trade (one of JETTS characters) EmptyWed May 04, 2016 8:10 am by Jessica Kim

» The Gif Game 2.0
A Dying Trade (one of JETTS characters) EmptyTue May 03, 2016 7:39 am by Humphrey Williams

» A Dying Trade (one of JETTS characters)
A Dying Trade (one of JETTS characters) EmptyMon May 02, 2016 12:25 am by Augustus Beckett

» Wild Child [Ariadne]
A Dying Trade (one of JETTS characters) EmptySun May 01, 2016 6:01 am by Ariadne O'Rieley

» History Of Magic Application
A Dying Trade (one of JETTS characters) EmptyFri Apr 22, 2016 9:41 pm by Morgana Gaunt

» Semi - Activity Check!
A Dying Trade (one of JETTS characters) EmptyFri Apr 22, 2016 11:56 am by Hunter VanDerberg

» EVELYN'S "DRAWINGS"
A Dying Trade (one of JETTS characters) EmptySun Apr 17, 2016 10:30 pm by Morgana Gaunt

» I Won't Say I'm In Love (closed-one shot)
A Dying Trade (one of JETTS characters) EmptySun Apr 17, 2016 5:18 pm by Miranda Cunningham

A Dying Trade (one of JETTS characters)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Augustus Beckett

A Dying Trade (one of JETTS characters) Empty
PostSubject: A Dying Trade (one of JETTS characters)   A Dying Trade (one of JETTS characters) EmptyWed Apr 27, 2016 7:09 pm

Besides the dark haired beauty, nobody had been in the shop for a while and that made Gus sad inside. People seemed to trust doctors more now than they did with natural medicine. Practicing natural medicine is a practice that dates back as far as one started to write on paper, and Gus loves the idea of practicing something so old, and continuing the tradition. But without patients, there is no practice. So Gus decided to do something a little risky, and advertise some of his potions and creations On the side of the street next to his shop. Maybe giving people a little bit of insight of what he did before they went in would help with his business. And besides, who didn't like free samples?

In his cart were a variety of things, incense, potions, and pastes that could heal a wound almost as fast as a wand without any side effects. Of course, his customers were more of the hippie type, and that was perfectly fine with him, but he wanted more variety. And this was the way to do it. He sat out in his cart with the smell of lavender and cinnamon which helps with many different things in the body, he felt that the smell seemed more inviting than w creepy man sitting outside a cart asking a person if they wanted to sample something.

Everytime somebody walked by, he would eagerly look up. He hated being too pushy because he felt that pushed people away. He was about to give up after two hours of sitting there, the scents of lavender and cinnamon fading away just like his dream. Defeated, Gus went bCk in the shop to get some more of his inscents and when he came back, somebody was standing by his cart. Gus tried not to get his hopes up, but at this time, he just couldn't help it.
Back to top Go down
Hunter VanDerberg
Admin
Admin
Hunter VanDerberg

My Character
::
Activity: Trainee Auror

PostSubject: Re: A Dying Trade (one of JETTS characters)   A Dying Trade (one of JETTS characters) EmptyThu Apr 28, 2016 12:00 am

Despite living in London, Hunter hadn't been made it much of a habit to visit Diagon Alley all that often. Occasionally, to stock up on potions ingredients, but truthfully he preferred the apothecary in Hogsmeade. Probably because that one was run by a middle aged witch that had taken a probably unhealthy liking to him. Being that she was - well, old - Hunter would normally avoid bumping into her again. But in this particular case, he found that popping in every now and then to say hello got him a pretty impressive bargain on her supplies. So, for the sake of his wallet, he'd bear it. Today though, he could hardly be half arsed to get dressed and make his way out of the apartment, let alone apparate to Hogsmeade and back. And he didn't need anything that important, so Diagon Alley would have to do.

Alaska had already pissed him off enough that day, so he beckoned Rex with him on his way out of the door. He hid a grin at the look on Alaska's face as he shut the door on her before she could slip out as well. "Come on," he said to Rex, making his way to the Leaky Cauldron on foot. It was only a short walk, and he'd made it in no time. Rex padded along easily beside him as they finally made his way into the lane of shops. Hunter's feet steered him in the direction of the Apothecary without him really telling them to - he'd done this a million times. Rather than pay attention to where he was going, he let his gaze wander in a bored way across the light crowd of people around him. Nothing in particular really caught his interest - until...

"Do you smell that?" he asked Rex, looking around in slight confusion. The dog apparently did smell it, and probably much stronger than hunter, as his nose was wrinkled in distaste. Still, when his eyes found the source of the lavender scent, Hunter stepped toward the odd little stand. Rex hesitated before following begrudgingly closer to the smell. His eyes first went to the wide array of vials, then vaguely noticed that nobody was manning them. It wasn't as though Hunter needed to buy potions - he could make nearly anything he wanted for himself. But as he looked closer at the bottles, his eyes landed on one that looked particularly peculiar. Curious, Hunter stepped closer and picked up a small, clear vial filled with an opaque, bright teal colored liquid. Maybe Elixer of Indifference? Furrowing his brow, he pulled the stopper and brought it to his nose, and instantly realized that he had no idea what this potion was.

Well, this was interesting. It wasn't often anymore that Hunter was unsure about a potion's properties. And there wasn't even anyone here to ask. Though, if he could take it home, he could probably sort it out on his own. His eyes quickly scanned the area again, and confirmed that nobody was watching. So really, it wasn't his fault - he needed the potion, and there was nobody around to pay. Just as he was about to casually pocket the vial and continue on his way without anyone being the wiser, he caught the door to the shop opening out of the corner of his eye. Damn. His expression remained impassive as he set the potion back down on the cart and greeted the man - who looked young, though a bit nerdy. "Hi," he said in a friendly voice. "I was just looking at some of your elixers. I'm a potioneer myself, when I feel like it - but I couldn't figure out what that one was," he inclined his head toward the teal mystery potion. "What exactly is it supposed to do?"
Back to top Go down
Augustus Beckett

PostSubject: Re: A Dying Trade (one of JETTS characters)   A Dying Trade (one of JETTS characters) EmptyThu Apr 28, 2016 4:06 am

Gus laughed silently to himself. He had seen the boy almost pocket one of the incense that he thought was a potion. Not very bright, Gus thought to himself. He looked down at the dog that the boy had with him. Gus wasn't to fond of dogs, or animals in general, he was more of a people person. Unfortunately is was illegal to keep a human as a pet. Or frowned upon at least if not illegal. Gus said, "that's an incense actually. It helps clears the mind and calm the nerves in certain aspects. Your a potioneer you say?" Gus was truly interested in what the boy used his potions on. He looked to be either right out of school, or in his last year of it, so he couldn't be into anything serious like what Gus was. That required a lot of schooling, time and patients. He asked, "what kind of potions do you make? I'm more towards the healing route, I haven't been brave enough to experiment further."

Which was true. Gus wasn't fond of using potions for anything else besides healing. Healing fascinated him. He just wanted to take the more natural route by using as little magic as possible. Let nature take its course. Almost like a muggle doctor but with a tad bit more umph he liked to call it. The dog licked his hand that was down by his side. Gus had actually made a treat that would help with the animals growth span, help them become healthier and maybe even live w tad longer than the normal life span. He figured that if he could produce one that would work with animals, maybe he could make one that would work with humans. He got one of his treats and asked, "may I?" But before the boy could answer the dog had eaten the treat right out of his hand. Gus laughed and said, "eager little fellow isn't he?"

He explained that the treat is supposed to help make his bones stronger in theory. If it didn't then it just tasted good for him. He said, "if you don't find anything of use here, I've also got an herb tray, and ingredients for potions below in the window of the cart. Also, you can have this sample bag of treats. Just don't give them to him all at one time. He could get sick. Just one would suffice." He nodded confident in his creation. He continued, "if you need any help i would be happy to." He let the boy continue to look around keeping an eye on his hands so he didn't swipe anything. If there was one thing Gus hated it was a thief.
Back to top Go down
Hunter VanDerberg
Admin
Admin
Hunter VanDerberg

My Character
::
Activity: Trainee Auror

PostSubject: Re: A Dying Trade (one of JETTS characters)   A Dying Trade (one of JETTS characters) EmptyThu Apr 28, 2016 4:41 pm

An incense? The fuck was the point of that? If it even actually did what the guy said it did, it wasn’t of any use to Hunter. Nerves weren’t something to get the better of him, so the chances that he’d want to take it or brew it were both unlikely – if you even brewed incense. Although, if nothing else, it at least explained the smell. But the concept that it actually did anything sounded like a load of bull. Within minutes, Hunter felt fairly sure that this man was a bit off his rocker. ”I thought incense was just supposed to smell good?” he replied. ”Does that mean you don’t drink it?” Not that all potions were meant to be drunk, but it was the general premise. He shook his head quickly before responding. ”Not really a potioneer, unless you consider a spare room in your apartment full of experiments part of the job description,” he admitted with a grin. ”I’m an auror, actually.”

What kind of potions did he make? That felt like a strange question to Hunter, because truthfully he’d never focused on one type of potion – aside from attempting more and more difficult concoctions as he went along. For lack of a better answer, he decided to go with what he was currently working on in his spare time. ”I’ve been working on the explosive properties of ingredients,” he replied, not giving much thought to the fact that it the exact opposite of what this man was trying to accomplish. Hunter didn’t respond when the guy attempted to feed Rex a treat, but snorted a bit when the dog snatched it from his hand. ”Go ahead,” he added after the fact, but gave the man a skeptical look when he explained that the treat had a secret, mystical purpose. ”Well, Rex isn’t exactly a puppy, so I guess it won’t take long to find out if they work,” he said, his voice light. Though, it would be nice if the guy wasn’t a nutjob and they actually did make Rex live longer. The idea of being stuck with just Alaska made him grimace a bit.

Hunter glanced back up at the man in interest when he said that he had ingredients. Being a bit off his rocker could mean that he had some interesting ingredients whose alchemic properties had yet to be fully realized. So, after a moment, he responded. ”Do you have anything different from the apothecaries?” he asked curiously, still idly browsing the strange incenses. He vaguely noticed the man watching him a bit closer than he’d expected, as he definitely came off as the all too trusting type – which meant he’d probably seen Hunter about to knick his potion – incense – whatever. ”You can relax, I’m not gonna take anything. You’re standing right there,” he said, not even bothering to deny anything. But the man should know that while he might not be above stealing, he no longer made a habit of it and really only bothered to if it was more convenient than paying.
Back to top Go down
Augustus Beckett

PostSubject: Re: A Dying Trade (one of JETTS characters)   A Dying Trade (one of JETTS characters) EmptyMon May 02, 2016 12:25 am

Gus was dumbfounded. This kid didn't know shit about anything. What was the world coming too? He might as well build himself a little bunker in the back and lock himself in and call it quits. That was what it was coming to anyways. He said, "Kid, there's more to incense than just smelling good. Different scents help with your mood, and nerves and just relax your body in certain places. And sometimes, they make great potion ingredients." He nodded confident with himself. Defending everything he believed in was one thing that drove Augustus. It was sad, but it was one thing that made him happy, and proving other people wrong. That was also something that drove Augustus to do things. What was an Auror doing making potions? He didn't quiet understand it but maybe the kid had a knack for it in school and he didn't want to give it up. If that was the case, Gus would encourage his rebellious potioneering and offer him his best ingredients. He snorted when the dog gobbled up his treats. If it helped him, maybe Gus made a break through and he could become really rich.

Explosive ingredients eh? Gus had just the stuff. He pulled out his special drawer of ingredients for the rarest potions that the kid could make. This was something he was extremely proud of. He had explored several apothecaries and even they didn't have these ingredients. He had searched far and wide for ingredients of potions to like the Potion of All Potential, and the rare herbs to create Altheda's Potion. Two of his greatest accomplishments, and now he was entrusting his ingredients upon a kid. A child who probably didn't even know how to make the polyjuice potion. If he was a real potioneer, the kid would know what these ingredients where for and therefore know the effort and time it took to get them. Hopefully Gus could make a decent customer out of him.

When he said he wasn't going to take anything, Gus relaxed a little bit more. Sure, it would be stupid of the kid to take something right in front of him. He would for sure call the police and have the kids auror status removed if it were possible. Gus looked like a weak nerd, but he really was tough. He had a black belt in karate to prove it. No really, he did. It came in handy when thieves wanted to steal something from him. Gus stared him down, willing him to buy something. He hadn't had a customer in weeks, well it was more like days, but it felt like weeks. Gus shrugged and said, "I don't blame you for wanting to take something. I know these ingredients are expensive, which is why I'm willing to offer you half of my asking price. And if you refer a friend to me, I'll give you half off every time you come in." That was how you became a business man. Gus really was clever, and he smiled at himself. Because his asking price was higher than what they were actually worth. And this kid wouldn't know any better, which made this situation golden.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Dying Trade (one of JETTS characters)   A Dying Trade (one of JETTS characters) Empty

Back to top Go down

A Dying Trade (one of JETTS characters)
Page 1 of 1