Live the Magic!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
The Admins
Fast Links
Current time
SPRING
Year: 2034
Term: 13
Month: March

Term 13 until TBA
House Points
Chat Box
Vote For Us
Affiliates
Photobucket Shadowplay HOS The Beginning Magical World of Harry Potter THE GIRL IS DANGEROUS Hogwarts Academy

Click here to affiliate!
Latest topics
» Chances (Ariel)
Potions Lesson Two - Page 2 EmptySat May 28, 2016 11:34 pm by Ariel Wilde

» HUGE REALLY VERY IMPORTANT UPDATE - PLEASE READ
Potions Lesson Two - Page 2 EmptySat May 21, 2016 11:40 pm by Hunter VanDerberg

» Sunny Afternoon (Open to Anyone)
Potions Lesson Two - Page 2 EmptyFri May 20, 2016 6:58 am by Marielle Prince

» An Unfortunate Accident (Open)
Potions Lesson Two - Page 2 EmptyMon May 16, 2016 2:41 am by Marielle Prince

» Marielle Aveline Prince
Potions Lesson Two - Page 2 EmptySun May 15, 2016 8:57 pm by Sky

» Claim a Face
Potions Lesson Two - Page 2 EmptySun May 15, 2016 8:08 am by Marielle Prince

» AFFILIATE HERE
Potions Lesson Two - Page 2 EmptyMon May 09, 2016 2:42 am by Ariadne O'Rieley

» My charries need something fot their life (a plots)
Potions Lesson Two - Page 2 EmptyWed May 04, 2016 8:10 am by Jessica Kim

» The Gif Game 2.0
Potions Lesson Two - Page 2 EmptyTue May 03, 2016 7:39 am by Humphrey Williams

» A Dying Trade (one of JETTS characters)
Potions Lesson Two - Page 2 EmptyMon May 02, 2016 12:25 am by Augustus Beckett

» Wild Child [Ariadne]
Potions Lesson Two - Page 2 EmptySun May 01, 2016 6:01 am by Ariadne O'Rieley

» History Of Magic Application
Potions Lesson Two - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 22, 2016 9:41 pm by Morgana Gaunt

» Semi - Activity Check!
Potions Lesson Two - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 22, 2016 11:56 am by Hunter VanDerberg

» EVELYN'S "DRAWINGS"
Potions Lesson Two - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 17, 2016 10:30 pm by Morgana Gaunt

» I Won't Say I'm In Love (closed-one shot)
Potions Lesson Two - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 17, 2016 5:18 pm by Miranda Cunningham

Potions Lesson Two

Go down 
+2
Ella Vega
James Riddle
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

Potions Lesson Two - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Potions Lesson Two   Potions Lesson Two - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 01, 2012 2:18 am

Keith saw Shah move over closer to him. "Do mind me copying a few things from your sheet, Keith?" She whispered quietly. Before Keith could answer, Professor Wayne stepped in. "There is no whispering in my class Ms. Hazel. 5 points from Gryffindor." He announced. Keith immediately closed his mouth to prevent him from saying anything. He gave Shah an apologetic look to say he was sorry.
Back to top Go down
Shah Chelsea Hazel
Admin
Admin
Shah Chelsea Hazel

My Character
::
Activity: Adult, Trainee Auror

PostSubject: Re: Potions Lesson Two   Potions Lesson Two - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 01, 2012 5:34 am

Shah smiled weakly back at Keith telling him mentally that it was okay. But she felt like crying inside. She'd lost 5 points for Gryffindor. She just asked a question.

I thought we were supposed to interact!

She bent her head down and grabbed a random piece of parchment, a quill and began scribbling on her sheet. As she saw the words, a few of those words stirred a memory. It was back in India--before Neil and Celia, her siblings, were born. Shah's mom used to teach some of the things in the Magical World, because her mom was very sure that Shah was going to grow up to be an auror someday. Since her mom was an auror herself, she used to teach Shah little potions and little Defence. The memory bought back tears in Shah's eyes, because her mom was died right before she came to Hogwarts. She shook her head and tried to remember as much as she could.

Draught of Sanare

Ingredients required:
-Lacewings flies stewed for 21 days and refrigerated for 2 days.
I have no idea what Lacewings are.

-Boomslang skin
Boomslang Skin is the skin shed by a snake called Boomslang. The skin is green in males and brown in females.

-Powdered branch of baneberry
I don't have a clue about what the whole thing means but I know that baneberry is a genus of flowering plants. And I think they are poisonous.

-Juiced berry from baneberry
I'm guessing by the name that it is the juice of Baneberry, and I know that it is used in some potion called the Baneberry Potion.

-Flabberghasted leeches
No idea. But flabbergasted means surprised so maybe it means we use leeches that are surprised.

-Syrup of Arnica
Syrup of Arnica is a poisonous liquid extracted from the plant called Arnica. And, maybe it used in some potion?

-Wormwood essence
Absolutely no idea.

-Powdered root of asphodel
I don't know, but again, I'm guessing by the name. The crushed root of the plant Asphodel.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Potions Lesson Two   Potions Lesson Two - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 01, 2012 6:13 am

Keith saw Shah give him a small, not so reassuring smile back. He felt bad, noticing the look of hurt in Shah's eyes. He thought about it for a second, before making a final decision. He was going to talk to Shah after class, hopefully to reassure her that it was fine, and that they could always gain the five points back somehow.
Back to top Go down
Kim Frey
Admin
Admin
Kim Frey

My Character
Activity: Slytherin - Year 3, Radio Worker

PostSubject: Re: Potions Lesson Two   Potions Lesson Two - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 01, 2012 6:39 am

Kim started to do the activity for the lesson. Seeing the list of ingredients that they need to list down, she realized that this is harder than she thought it would be.

Draught of Sanare

Ingredients required:
Lacewings flies stewed for 21 days and refrigerated for 2 days.
- It is also used in making a potion with mandrake on it. I think that it needs to be stewed first to have the fly absorb the basic stew and be refrigerated for it to stay on the fly for a long time.
Boomslang skin
- I just know the word skin.
Powdered branch of baneberry
- Like what Wade said, it baneberry is a very poisonous berry. If the fruit is dangerous, the branch may be, too.
Juiced berry from baneberry
- This may be the most poisonous part of all the ingredients in this potion.
Flabberghasted leeches
- Leeches are pests that likes to feed on blood. I don't have any idea what flabberghasted is.
Syrup of Arnica
- I think Arnica is somewhat a fruit, in which we can get syrup from.
Wormwood essence
- With the word wood, Wormwood, I think, is a kind of tree. It can also be used in making wands.
Powdered root of asphodel
- (This is a guess) Asphodel is a kind of tree that can also be used in making wands. It is necessary to take some roots of it and crush it using a mortar and pestle until it is powder-like in appearance.
Back to top Go down
http://thedrunktrain.blogspot.com

PostSubject: Re: Potions Lesson Two   Potions Lesson Two - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 01, 2012 8:56 am

This shouldn't be too hard, Aurora thought, glancing at the board.

Magical flies used in many potions
-Boomslang skin
The skin of a boomslang (lame, Aurora thought)
A flowering plant that causes death
The actual deadly part of the plant
-Flabberghasted leeches
Blood-sucking insects that are surprised
-Syrup of Arnica
No clue, sorry Professor
-Wormwood essence
Used with Asphodel to make the Draught of Living Death
Used with Wormwood to make the abovesaid potion

That was bad, Aurora thought as she looked at her finished paper. And waaay harder than it looked.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Potions Lesson Two   Potions Lesson Two - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 01, 2012 11:52 am

Ingredients required:
Magical flies
-Boomslang skin
Skin of a type of snake called a boomslang
Flowering plant that is poisonous especially its berries
Berry from a plant called baneberry. The berries are very poisonous
-Flabberghasted leeches
a type of leech that is uhh well flabberghasted means shocked or suprised so im guessing a type of leech that looks shocked or surprised
-Syrup of Arnica
poisonous liquid from the arinica plant
-Wormwood essence
essence from a plant called wormwood which is describes as bitter
I know this one. Asphodel is a member of the lily family and has long slender stems. It is used for magical and non magical things. It's powdered/crushed root is used in various potions like the Draught Of Living Death and Wiggenweld Potion. It is the powdered root of the plant asphodel.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Potions Lesson Two   Potions Lesson Two - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 02, 2012 3:40 am

James looked up occasionally at the class. "Let's talk about the Draught of Sanare." he paused. "Now, the Draught of Sanare is a brew that is very powerful in healing. Two of its ingredients can form a very powerful potion as well. What two ingredients am I talking about and what potion does it make?" He stopped, and nobody spoke. "You should remember this from our previous lesson."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Potions Lesson Two   Potions Lesson Two - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 02, 2012 2:00 pm

"Let's talk about the Draught of Sanare. Now, the Draught of Sanare is a brew that is very powerful in healing. Two of its ingredients can form a very powerful potion as well. What two ingredients am I talking about and what potion does it make? You should remember this from our previous lesson."

Aurora looked up from her writing. She knew what the answer was, of course, she had answered it last lesson. She didn't want to seem like a know-it-all, either, so she kind of jerked her hand upwards, but lowered it before anyone could see. Aurora didn't trust the sharp-eyed Professor Wayne, though, and saw him glance in her direction.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Potions Lesson Two   Potions Lesson Two - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 03, 2012 5:53 pm

The room was silent. No one's hand went up until Ms.Finnigan raised it and jerked it down again. "Yes, Finnigan?"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Potions Lesson Two   Potions Lesson Two - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 04, 2012 11:27 am

"The asphodel and the wormwood make the Draught of Living Dead, Professor," Aurora whispered. She cleared her throat and the sound echoed throughout the quiet classroom. She still felt guilty about taking all the points, though of course she wanted Ravenclaw to win the House Cup.
Back to top Go down
Shah Chelsea Hazel
Admin
Admin
Shah Chelsea Hazel

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Potions Lesson Two   Potions Lesson Two - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 04, 2012 2:58 pm

Shah didn't know the answer so she just kept quiet and listened to Aurora answering. It seemed like the class was going slower and slower every minute. She wasn't the kind of person who would hate people, but she knew she had a grudge on the teacher. Come on! Who would take away points for whispering in class? Professor Wayne. She decided to be more careful next time.
Back to top Go down
Kim Frey
Admin
Admin
Kim Frey

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Potions Lesson Two   Potions Lesson Two - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 04, 2012 5:39 pm

Kim felt dumber everytime Professor Wayne asks a question she doesn't know. For the first time, she felt disliking a subject in Hogwarts, though she knows that it is still too early to judge it. At that moment, she decided to just take notes and listen to every word he is saying. She probably will catch up on the later lessons.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Potions Lesson Two   Potions Lesson Two - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 05, 2012 1:32 am

"Good, Finnigan. Now two uncommon ingredients, the lacewing flies and flabberghasted leeches. Flabberghasted leeches will give the potion a random effect. Flabberghasted means astonished, anything can happen. Which is why this potion should only be taken by those whose intentions are truthful.

We will be stewing lacewing flies for a project that we will be working on in future lessons. I want you all to go to the back of the room and gather 5 lacewing flies each and add water to your cauldron and let boil. Do so in the side counters of the room to leave space in the desks. Begin." And with that, James sat down at his desk, grading classwork assignments.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Potions Lesson Two   Potions Lesson Two - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 06, 2012 10:23 am

"We will be stewing lacewing flies for a project that we will be working on in future lessons. I want you all to go to the back of the room and gather 5 lacewing flies each and add water to your cauldron and let boil. Do so in the side counters of the room to leave space in the desks. Begin." Keith heard the Professor announce.

Almost immediately, the students in the room got out of their seats and made their way to the back of the room for the lacewing flies. Keith followed. When he reached the back of the room, he waited until the few people in front of him got their lacewing flies, before reaching up to grab five lacewing flies himself.
Back to top Go down
Shah Chelsea Hazel
Admin
Admin
Shah Chelsea Hazel

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Potions Lesson Two   Potions Lesson Two - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 06, 2012 11:43 am

Shah followed everybody to the back of the classroom. She took 5 lacewings and walked to the side counters. She added water and waited for it to boil.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Potions Lesson Two   Potions Lesson Two - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 06, 2012 12:36 pm

Aurora opened the ingredients cupboard and was greeted with the sight of boxes upon boxes, each with their own respective label. Intently reading each one, she finally spotted Lacewing Flies. Aurora carefully took out five of the delicate creatures. Thankfully, they were dead. Walking back to her seat, Aurora poured a small bit of water into her cauldron, then as an afterthought added more. Aurora turned up the dial to the highest setting and waited for the water to boil. She almost put the flies in, but realized that Professor Wayne hadn't instructed them to do anything with them yet. Setting them aside, Aurora leaned back in her chair, until she heard the sound of her water bubbling.
Back to top Go down
James Riddle
Adult
James Riddle

My Character
Activity: Adult

PostSubject: Re: Potions Lesson Two   Potions Lesson Two - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 07, 2012 12:39 am

Following his classmates, James headed towards the back of the classroom, waiting for his turn to approach the ingredients cupboard. Among countless bottles and phials, there was a box titled Lacewing Flies, just next to a jar containing a scarlet liquid that resembled blood. Carefully opening it, he selected five of the small green insects with large transparent wings, and regained his seat while closely examining the tiny animals.

After pouring some water in his pewter cauldron, he placed it on the burner, which he set to high. While the liquid was slowly heating, he wondered what potion they would be brewing today. He initially thought it would be the Draught of Sanare, but according to Professor Wayne's instructions, the Lacewing Flies would only be ready after twenty-three days of preparation. Since brewing them was the first step of that process, he guessed that that mixture would be on the program in one of their future lessons.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Potions Lesson Two   Potions Lesson Two - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 07, 2012 1:27 am

Keith began boiling the water in his cauldron. After about two minutes, the water began to come to a slow boil. Keith started to put in the Lacewing Flies but quickly stopped himself as he noticed that no one else seemed to be putting in the Lacewing Flies. He set them aside and waited for further instructions.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Potions Lesson Two   Potions Lesson Two - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 07, 2012 1:37 am

James noticed a few of the cauldrons already boiling.

"Once it boils, place the lacewing flies. Then, add 3 drops of flabberghasted leeches; from the back; to your boiling cauldron. Mix it and congratulations, you are done. After that, sit down at your desk and for classwork, write a paragraph about what you've learned from this and what you expect to be doing next after the lacewing flies have stewed. And when you are done, you are to turn in the work to me, leaving your cauldron boiling for twenty- one days and then you may leave my class. Your homework is written on the board."

And with that, James waved his wand lazily, and the chalk levitated from the professor's desk and wrote on the board:

Homework for Lesson Two
Instructions:
Answer the following questions: COMPLETE ANSWERS!
1. What are flabberghasted leeches?
2. What is the Draught of Sanare?
3. What are the uses of stewed lacewing flies?
4. BONUS: What would happen if I add unstewed lacewing flies to a brew?

OOC: Complete answers means:
Example:
1. Flabberghasted leeches are ________.
That way, I know which question that is.
Or post the question on PM when turning in homework and write answers below the question in bold
Back to top Go down
Kim Frey
Admin
Admin
Kim Frey

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Potions Lesson Two   Potions Lesson Two - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 07, 2012 3:16 am

Kim hesitated at first if ever she would follow instantly the professor's orders. She saw her other classmates crowding on the back of the room. She waited for a minute until there is enough space for her. She went at the back of the room and took the necessary amount of lacewing flies that they need. Then, she went back to her working area and gathered water that will be used in boiling the flies. She poured the two ingredients she gathered and turned on the fire, waiting for it to boil.

While she was waiting for it to be done, Professor Wayne announced that they will brew a potion for that meeting. ""Once it boils, place the lacewing flies. Then, add 3 drops of flabberghasted leeches; from the back; to your boiling cauldron. Mix it and congratulations, you are done. After that, sit down at your desk and for classwork, write a paragraph about what you've learned from this and what you expect to be doing next after the lacewing flies have stewed. And when you are done, you are to turn in the work to me, leaving your cauldron boiling for twenty- one days and then you may leave my class. Your homework is written on the board," he told them.

After reading and writing down their homework in a piece of parchment, Kim heard a bubbling sound from her cauldron. She ran immediately at the back of the room to get the ingredients that her professor specified. When she returned to her cauldron, she was relieved to see that her brew was perfectly fine. She realized, from the first potion she tried to brew, that when you leave your brew for even just a second, everything can happen.

She took the lacewing flies and carefully included them on the solution. She watched at her other classmates to see how they are doing.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Potions Lesson Two   Potions Lesson Two - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 07, 2012 1:27 pm

Aurora jotted the questions down in her notebook, then carefully picked up the lacewing flies and dropped them in, one by one. Stepping around some of the other students' cauldrons, she went back to the cupboard and grabbe a bottle of leech solution. Shuddering at the thought of leeches sucking blood, Aurora quickly got back to her cauldron and poured exactly three drops into her cauldron. It didn't look like much, but apparently that was it. The potion was a slight greenish color, as both the flies and the leech liquid were green. Aurora turned off her burner and glanced around, wonering if she was the first one done.
Back to top Go down
Shah Chelsea Hazel
Admin
Admin
Shah Chelsea Hazel

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Potions Lesson Two   Potions Lesson Two - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 07, 2012 2:37 pm

Shah's water was boiling. She quickly added the lacewings. She left that there and walked over to the cupoboard and grabbed the flabberghasted leeches. She walked back and added three drops of it as the teacher said. She waited to see what was going to happen. After sometime, the change was prominent. She left potion there, so that the professor could examine it. She was kind of worried and nervous. What is Professor Wayne took more points away from because maybe he would have found some minor mistake in her potion? Then one thing was for sure: Shah's blood would be boiling like hot lava; she'd be really angry. But only if the mistake was small. If it was really her fault, then she'd just have to accept that she sucks at potions.

I hoped that doesn''t happen.

She looked over at what Keith was doing. He was still brewing his potion. So, after the internal conversation with herself, she wrote the questions and began answering them.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Potions Lesson Two   Potions Lesson Two - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 07, 2012 10:04 pm

"Once it boils, place the lacewing flies. Then, add 3 drops of flabberghasted leeches; from the back; to your boiling cauldron. Mix it and congratulations, you are done. After that, sit down at your desk and for classwork, write a paragraph about what you've learned from this and what you expect to be doing next after the lacewing flies have stewed. And when you are done, you are to turn in the work to me, leaving your cauldron boiling for twenty- one days and then you may leave my class. Your homework is written on the board." Professor Wayne told them.

Keith turned to his cauldron and placed the lacewing flies. With disgust, he added three drops of flabberghasted leeches from the back. He picked up his ladle and carefully mixed it together. Staring down at the mixture, he decided he was done. He began writing down their homework on a spare piece of parchment and put it away. He looked around at his classmates to see if anyone else had finished. It seemed like Shah, Kim, and Aurora had, as well.
Back to top Go down
James Riddle
Adult
James Riddle

My Character
Activity: Adult

PostSubject: Re: Potions Lesson Two   Potions Lesson Two - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 07, 2012 11:37 pm

James wrote down the questions Professor Wayne had given them for homework while waiting for the water to boil. He then walked to the back of the classroom in order to collect the solution made of flabberghasted leeches. Once he returned to his seat, noticing that the water was finally ready, he picked up the Lacewing Flies one by one and carefully deposited them into his cauldron, each one followed by a plop when the tiny insect touched the surface of the liquid. He then grabbed the leech solution and slowly leaned the bottle over his mixture, counting precisely three drops. According to the teacher's instructions, their work was done for this lesson, as the brew now needed to rest for twenty-one days before they could continue.

Before being able to leave, he now had to write the paragraph Professor Wayne had requested. If what he thought was right, the task they had just performed was the start of the Draught of Sanare's making process. However, he suddenly recalled the teacher mentioning that this potion was way too difficult for them to brew. Confused, he opened his textbook and searched for it, but unfortunately it was nowhere to be found. For a moment, he thought of consulting his neighbor, but then remembered that Shah lost five points for doing that. Glancing around, he noticed that no one had begun writing the paragraph.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Potions Lesson Two   Potions Lesson Two - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 08, 2012 1:45 am

James threw parchment paper on his desk furiously, and stood up and walked over to the side of the room to view the brew in their cauldrons, stewing for twenty one days. They had no idea what they were going to make, he knew it. James walked over to Finnigan's, whose turned a great green colour. He strolled over to Shah's with a disgusted face. The others were fine. They were to stew for twenty-one days, and after that, they would begin their project. He turned to the class and said,

"Do not forget your classwork assignment before leaving. And anyone to not do this homework will lose 10 house points and a detention from me!"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Potions Lesson Two   Potions Lesson Two - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Potions Lesson Two
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next