Live the Magic!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
The Admins
Fast Links
Current time
SPRING
Year: 2034
Term: 13
Month: March

Term 13 until TBA
House Points
Chat Box
Vote For Us
Affiliates
Photobucket Shadowplay HOS The Beginning Magical World of Harry Potter THE GIRL IS DANGEROUS Hogwarts Academy

Click here to affiliate!
Latest topics
» Chances (Ariel)
Potions Lesson Two EmptySat May 28, 2016 11:34 pm by Ariel Wilde

» HUGE REALLY VERY IMPORTANT UPDATE - PLEASE READ
Potions Lesson Two EmptySat May 21, 2016 11:40 pm by Hunter VanDerberg

» Sunny Afternoon (Open to Anyone)
Potions Lesson Two EmptyFri May 20, 2016 6:58 am by Marielle Prince

» An Unfortunate Accident (Open)
Potions Lesson Two EmptyMon May 16, 2016 2:41 am by Marielle Prince

» Marielle Aveline Prince
Potions Lesson Two EmptySun May 15, 2016 8:57 pm by Sky

» Claim a Face
Potions Lesson Two EmptySun May 15, 2016 8:08 am by Marielle Prince

» AFFILIATE HERE
Potions Lesson Two EmptyMon May 09, 2016 2:42 am by Ariadne O'Rieley

» My charries need something fot their life (a plots)
Potions Lesson Two EmptyWed May 04, 2016 8:10 am by Jessica Kim

» The Gif Game 2.0
Potions Lesson Two EmptyTue May 03, 2016 7:39 am by Humphrey Williams

» A Dying Trade (one of JETTS characters)
Potions Lesson Two EmptyMon May 02, 2016 12:25 am by Augustus Beckett

» Wild Child [Ariadne]
Potions Lesson Two EmptySun May 01, 2016 6:01 am by Ariadne O'Rieley

» History Of Magic Application
Potions Lesson Two EmptyFri Apr 22, 2016 9:41 pm by Morgana Gaunt

» Semi - Activity Check!
Potions Lesson Two EmptyFri Apr 22, 2016 11:56 am by Hunter VanDerberg

» EVELYN'S "DRAWINGS"
Potions Lesson Two EmptySun Apr 17, 2016 10:30 pm by Morgana Gaunt

» I Won't Say I'm In Love (closed-one shot)
Potions Lesson Two EmptySun Apr 17, 2016 5:18 pm by Miranda Cunningham

Potions Lesson Two

Go down 
+2
Ella Vega
James Riddle
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

Potions Lesson Two Empty
PostSubject: Potions Lesson Two   Potions Lesson Two EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 9:49 pm

James walked in to the cold and dark dungeon corridor, heading straight to the potions room, his cloak waving behind him. He entered the classroom to find the classroom ready with students. He suddenly spoke without any student knowing, "Shut up everyone." in a quiet low voice that cetainly got everyone's attention.

He entered the room to the front of the class, and said "Today, I have a rather special lesson of a particular potion that I found on a rather," he paused, "Special-- book of mine. But before that, everyone hand in your homework now."

Back to top Go down
James Riddle
Adult
James Riddle

My Character
::
Activity: Adult

Potions Lesson Two Empty
PostSubject: Re: Potions Lesson Two   Potions Lesson Two EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 10:05 pm

James made his way towards the Potions Dungeons, as their second lesson with Professor Wayne was about to start. Since he really enjoyed the first lecture, his brew being quite a success and allowing him to receive a high mark from the strict teacher, he was really looking forward to seeing what he had prepared next. Entering the deserted cold classroom, James noticed that no one had yet arrived. Silently taking a seat in the back, he readied everything he needed for the lesson and waited for the others.

"Shut up everyone." Professor Wayne suddenly commanded as he walked into the classroom. Even though his voice had remained quiet, the numerous conversations going on in various areas of the room instantly ended, and an utter silence followed. "Today, I have a rather special lesson of a particular potion that I found on a rather, ... special - book of mine. But before that, everyone hand in your homework now." James needn't be told twice. Grabbing the piece of parchment from his desk, he handed it to the student sitting in front of him, and watched it make its way to the professor's desk.
Back to top Go down

Potions Lesson Two Empty
PostSubject: Re: Potions Lesson Two   Potions Lesson Two EmptyThu Aug 23, 2012 12:41 am

Keith braced himself, as he walked into the cold Dungeons, and made his way to the Potions classroom. He walked in and took his seat, noticing most of the students had already began to talk among themselves. "Shut up everyone." Professor Wayne suddenly snapped, making Keith jumped slightly and nearly fall from his seat. He turned his attention to the Professor.

"Today, I have a rather special lesson of a particular potion that I found on a rather," he paused, "Special-- book of mine. But before that, everyone hand in your homework now." He announced. Keith dug around in his other papers for his Potions homework. He pulled out the piece of parchment, and handing it to the student in front of him.
Back to top Go down
Ella Vega
Adult
Ella Vega

My Character
Activity: Adult, Trainee Auror

Potions Lesson Two Empty
PostSubject: Re: Potions Lesson Two   Potions Lesson Two EmptyThu Aug 23, 2012 5:15 am

Ella walked down to the potions classroom. She was excited as this was her first potions lesson. When she got to the classroom she sat down and watcher Professor Wayne. "Shut up everyone." he said in a quiet low voice. "Today, I have a rather special lesson of a particular potion that I found on a rather," he paused, "Special-- book of mine. But before that, everyone hand in your homework now."
Ella passed her homework up, glad that she didn't forget to do it and waited patiently for him to continue.
Back to top Go down

Potions Lesson Two Empty
PostSubject: Re: Potions Lesson Two   Potions Lesson Two EmptyThu Aug 23, 2012 10:08 am

Aurora stepped into the Potions classroom with mixed emotions. True, she was excited because she really liked Professor Wayne, but what if he was rude to her this time? She took her seat silently and waited while many of the other students giggled and talked.

"Shut up, everyone." Professor Wayne's quiet voice surprised Aurora, and angered her a little, for she wasn't making noise, so why was she included in 'everyone'? "Today, I have a rather special lesson of a particular potion that I found on a rather -- special -- book of mine. But before that, everyone hand in your homework now." Aurora handed her homework to the person ahead of her and hoped that it was good enough. She had looked through the textbook and thought that the Shivering Potion was very interesting, so she had researched it. But it seemed that today would also be interesting. A rather special book? And why had the professor paused when he siad that?
Back to top Go down

Potions Lesson Two Empty
PostSubject: Re: Potions Lesson Two   Potions Lesson Two EmptyMon Aug 27, 2012 12:09 am

OOC: ......
Back to top Go down

Potions Lesson Two Empty
PostSubject: Re: Potions Lesson Two   Potions Lesson Two EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 11:54 pm

OOC: I really think people don't like my class to not respond....
Back to top Go down
Wade Malfoy
Admin
Admin
Wade Malfoy

My Character
Activity: Dark Wizard

Potions Lesson Two Empty
PostSubject: Re: Potions Lesson Two   Potions Lesson Two EmptyThu Aug 30, 2012 2:57 am

Wade was somewhat anxious about his second Potions Class, due to his rough start with Professor Wayne and his sudden absence. As he entered the classroom, he walked silently to his desk.

"Shut up everyone." Professor Wayne said, catching everyone's attention. "Today, I have a rather special lesson of a particular potion that I found on a rather," he paused, "Special-- book of mine. But before that, everyone hand in your homework now."

Wade's eyes widened, as he realized he had forgotten about the homework.
Oh, well, whatever, he thought to himself.

OOC: I do like your class, I just don't have much time to respond since I have to work and go to school, and I get tired sometimes. Sorry, I will try to reply as much as I can.
Back to top Go down
Lucy Malfoy
Adult
Lucy Malfoy

My Character
Activity: Slytherin Alumni, Auror, Flying Professor

Potions Lesson Two Empty
PostSubject: Re: Potions Lesson Two   Potions Lesson Two EmptyThu Aug 30, 2012 4:56 am

Behind Wade's tall figure, Lucy stood shyly. She had heard some bizarre things about Professor Wayne, mostly from Wade, and she wasn't sure how he would react with her. As Professor Wayne started the class, she realized she forgot to finish her homework, and then that she never really brought it with her.
"Aww." Lucy exclaimed as she furiously looked through her backpack, looking for a parchment that she knew was not there.
"Wade, I forgot to finish the homework...." she told him, as like usual, they sat together. She put her head down, and regretted practicing other charms instead of Potions.
Back to top Go down
Shah Chelsea Hazel
Admin
Admin
Shah Chelsea Hazel

My Character

Potions Lesson Two Empty
PostSubject: Re: Potions Lesson Two   Potions Lesson Two EmptyThu Aug 30, 2012 12:26 pm

Shah was nervous. Unlike other subjects, she wasn't excited for potions. The truth was she didn't have a good impression on the subject. She entered the potions room, quietly and noticed everyone handing in their homework. She was kind of worried. She didn't know what homework, since this was her first class. She walked up the the teacher, rather bravely and said, "Sir, I'm new here and I have no idea about the homework. If you could enlighten me about what the previous lesson's homework was, then I promise to complete it and submit it along with this week's lesson." She held her breath wondering what he would say.
Back to top Go down

Potions Lesson Two Empty
PostSubject: Re: Potions Lesson Two   Potions Lesson Two EmptyThu Aug 30, 2012 10:07 pm

James announced the introduction and a young girl came up to his desk and explained why she couldn't do the homework.

"The homework was to look up a potion from grade 1 in the textbook and write about it." he said.
Back to top Go down
Ella Vega
Adult
Ella Vega

My Character

Potions Lesson Two Empty
PostSubject: Re: Potions Lesson Two   Potions Lesson Two EmptyThu Aug 30, 2012 10:33 pm

Ella waited patiently for the lesson to began. She always thought Potions were interesting. She eagerly awaited her homework grade as well.

OOC: I do like your class. I was waiting for someone else to post so I knew which direction to go and right now I'm struggling with school also.
Back to top Go down

Potions Lesson Two Empty
PostSubject: Re: Potions Lesson Two   Potions Lesson Two EmptyThu Aug 30, 2012 10:35 pm

OOC: It's okay, I was just kididng about that comment lol
Back to top Go down

Potions Lesson Two Empty
PostSubject: Re: Potions Lesson Two   Potions Lesson Two EmptyFri Aug 31, 2012 12:19 am

James stood to collect all papers, receiving only three. "Three?" he asked vaguely. He looked at the parchment and read names, "Riddle, Finnigan, and Fotayne. The rest of you nothing. Pity on such simple homework as this. Let me make one rule clear and that is that any one here who fails to complete three consecutive homework assignment will get a detention and as many house points taken away as I can!" He paused for a long minute, staring the faces of his students.

"As I was saying, today's potion, way too difficult for you to brew is called the Draught of Sanare. Anyone who claims to be familiar with this potion is fooling themselves. I have it brewed, right in this phial." James reached for his desk a small phial with a clear liquid in it. "This draught is capable of relieving anyone from pain, even when they are a second close to death. This potion contains an ingredient known as baneberry. Who can tell me what baneberry is and explain to me the dangers of it?"
Back to top Go down
Wade Malfoy
Admin
Admin
Wade Malfoy

My Character

Potions Lesson Two Empty
PostSubject: Re: Potions Lesson Two   Potions Lesson Two EmptyFri Aug 31, 2012 1:12 am

Wade looked through his textbook, paying close attention to the wording. After he was sure he had the answer, he raised his hand and waited for permission to speak. When Professor Wayne gave it to him, he spoke.
"Baneberry is a genus of flowering plants, like the textbook says. And the only dangerous quality the textbook says about it is that the berries are poisonous."
Back to top Go down

Potions Lesson Two Empty
PostSubject: Re: Potions Lesson Two   Potions Lesson Two EmptyFri Aug 31, 2012 1:20 am

"Very good. 10 points to slytherin. Now, as he was saying, the berries are poisonous. Well, the Draught of Sanare contains that ingredient, making it whoever drinks it without intent and are not in serious harm, will--" he paused, "die." James finished.

"To stabalize your minds, you are to copy the text that is on the board on parchment as classwork, and then you will write a description of each ingredient on the same line. Get started" And with a flick of his wand, the chalkboard read:

Draught of Sanare
Ingredients required:
-Lacewings flies stewed for 21 days and refrigerated for 2 days.
-Boomslang skin
-Powdered branch of baneberry
-Juiced berry from baneberry
-Flabberghasted leeches
-Syrup of Arnica
-Wormwood essence
-Powdered root of asphodel

OOC: Try to do this without harry potter wikia or hp lexicon but the textbook can help! If it is not on the book, or your character doesn't know, write so, don't be a Mary Sue.
Back to top Go down
Wade Malfoy
Admin
Admin
Wade Malfoy

My Character

Potions Lesson Two Empty
PostSubject: Re: Potions Lesson Two   Potions Lesson Two EmptyFri Aug 31, 2012 1:40 am

Wade was surprised that Professor Wayne had given him points instead of taking them off. Either way, he smiled, happy that he had turned their relationship around, even if only the slightest bit.

He continued to write what was on the board.

Draught of Sanare

Ingredients required:
Lacewings flies are ????
-Boomslang skin
Broomslang skin is ????
Banberry is a genus of flowering plants.
I think I explained what Banerry is on the line above....
-Flabberghasted leeches
Flabberghasted leeches are ????
-Syrup of Arnica
I don't know if the syrup is any different than the plant, but I do know what Arnica is. Arnica, commonly as leopard's bane or wolf's bane is a yellow flowering plant that is used in Muggle medicine. I don't know if it is also used in wizard medicine....
-Wormwood essence
Wormwood is ????
Powdered root of asphodel is used in the Draught of the Living Dead and the Wiggenweld potions.

Well, it seems like I don't know any ingredients, he thought to himself, as he noticed the only one he really knew was Arnica since his mother used it a lot.
Back to top Go down
Lucy Malfoy
Adult
Lucy Malfoy

My Character
Activity: Slytherin Alumni, Auror, Flying Professor

Potions Lesson Two Empty
PostSubject: Re: Potions Lesson Two   Potions Lesson Two EmptyFri Aug 31, 2012 1:52 am

Lucy smiled at Wade, happy that he had gotten points for Slytherin. She then turned to her book, and unable to understand a word, she got closer to Wade. She listened as he murmured the meanings of the ingredients softly, to himself rather than to Lucy. She then started writing it, and more answers came back to her.

Draught of Sanare

Ingredients required:
I don't know what this is.
-Boomslang skin
Broomslang skin is the skin that the Boomslang snake sheds, which is mostly green, I think, and is used in Polyjuice potion.
Banberry is a genus of flowering plants, and the berries are poisonous.
Umm, well I guess since it's the juice from a poisonous berry, then it must also be poisonous.
-Flabberghasted leeches
I don't know what this is.
-Syrup of Arnica
Well, I know that arnica is a yellow plant used in Muggle medicine.
-Wormwood essence
Wormswood is actually a plant, that I know for sure.
I know that Powdered root of asphodel is used in the Draught of the Living Dead and the Wiggenweld potions.
Back to top Go down
Ella Vega
Adult
Ella Vega

My Character

Potions Lesson Two Empty
PostSubject: Re: Potions Lesson Two   Potions Lesson Two EmptyFri Aug 31, 2012 1:55 am

Ella followed the professors order. She was also excited Wade got points for Slytherin.

Draught of Sanare

Ingredients required:
I don't know.
-Boomslang skin
???
It's poisonous?
-Flabberghasted leeches
I don't know.
-Syrup of Arnica
Used in Muggle medicine?
-Wormwood essence
Wormswood is a plant
Powdered root of asphodel is used in the Draught of the Living Dead

"I'm sorry for not knowing these sir." Ella apologized.
Back to top Go down

Potions Lesson Two Empty
PostSubject: Re: Potions Lesson Two   Potions Lesson Two EmptyFri Aug 31, 2012 2:47 am

Keith listened to the Professor and copied down what was on the board.

Draught of Sanare

Ingredients required:
I'm not sure.
-Boomslang skin
I think this is the skin of a Boomslang.
This is also poisonous? Due to the fact that the baneberry is also poisonous.
-Flabberghasted leeches
Um.. I don't know.
-Syrup of Arnica
I've been told before that this was used in some kind of Muggle medicine, not sure if it's the same thing, though.
-Wormwood essence
If there's one thing that I know for sure, it's that wormwood is a type of plant.
I think this is used in the Draught of Living Death, according to what I've read from textbooks. Other than that, I don't know what else it could be.

Keith sighed. He didn't know many of the answers to the questions, but he did the best he could.
Back to top Go down
James Riddle
Adult
James Riddle

My Character
Activity: Adult

Potions Lesson Two Empty
PostSubject: Re: Potions Lesson Two   Potions Lesson Two EmptyFri Aug 31, 2012 2:14 pm

After rewarding Wade with ten points for answering the question, Professor Wayne instructed them to come up with a description for each of the ingredients required to make the Draught of Sanare. Once he finished copying the list from the blackboard, James opened his textbook and searched for them one by one, noting what he found on his parchment.

Draught of Sanare

Ingredients required:
- Lacewings flies stewed for 21 days and refrigerated for 2 days.
Unfortunately, James couldn't find this one in the ingredients section of the book. As he didn't want to leave it blank, he wrote: Small flying insects used in several potions once they are stewed.

- Boomslang skin
This was harder than he had imagined. Absent any information, he was forced to guess. The skin of the animal called Boomslang.

- Powdered branch of baneberry
A genus of flowering plants, composed of thin branches with green leaves and berries. Used against insects. The plant is poisonous, especially its berries.

- Juiced berry from baneberry
Baneberry berries may be red, black or white and are highly poisonous. They are also an ingredient of the Baneberry Potion.

- Flabberghasted leeches
A kind of leech used in potion-making.

- Syrup of Arnica
Syrup extracted from Arnica, a plant used in medicinal purposes in the Muggle world. he wrote, remembering the cream having the same name that he sometimes used for skin bruises.

- Wormwood essence
In the description of Asphodel, he found a reference to Wormwood. In Victorian Flower Language, it apparently meant 'absence' and typically symbolized bitter sorrow. Essence extracted from Wormwood, a bitter plant

- Powdered root of asphodel
Asphodel is a type of plant related to the lily and used by muggles and wizards. It is employed in potion-making, being one of the ingredients of the Draught of Living Death and the Wiggenweld Potion.
Back to top Go down
Shah Chelsea Hazel
Admin
Admin
Shah Chelsea Hazel

My Character

Potions Lesson Two Empty
PostSubject: Re: Potions Lesson Two   Potions Lesson Two EmptyFri Aug 31, 2012 5:13 pm

Shah was just totally blank. She didn't know anything about any of the ingredients....except maybe about the Powdered root of asphodel and Boomslang skin. She would feel absolutely guilty if she just left the whole thing blank. She sat down next to Keith and scooted closer. She smiled at him and whispered so softly that it kept her wondering if he'd even heard her. "Do mind me copying a few things from your sheet, Keith?"
Back to top Go down

Potions Lesson Two Empty
PostSubject: Re: Potions Lesson Two   Potions Lesson Two EmptyFri Aug 31, 2012 5:55 pm

Kathrine Skipped down the hall and saw the door was open a crack. She peeked through and Said "Sorry I'm Late Professor, I am new to hogwarts, but my letter came late Because the owl Died and then they sent another on with a different owl. So i didn't get my owl until Term Started."
Back to top Go down

Potions Lesson Two Empty
PostSubject: Re: Potions Lesson Two   Potions Lesson Two EmptyFri Aug 31, 2012 9:30 pm

OOC: Katherine, you have to register to my class, without that, I am not accepting students in the middle of a lesson. You have loads to make up and I will see you next lesson.
Back to top Go down

Potions Lesson Two Empty
PostSubject: Re: Potions Lesson Two   Potions Lesson Two EmptyFri Aug 31, 2012 9:33 pm

James was foriously grading homework assignments, as he notices the gryffindor girl shoving herself and whispering to Keith. James couldn't make out what she said, so he announced, "There is no whispering in my class Ms. Hazel. 5 points from gryffindor." James took out a piece of parchment paper and noted a reminder to take away the points.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Potions Lesson Two Empty
PostSubject: Re: Potions Lesson Two   Potions Lesson Two Empty

Back to top Go down

Potions Lesson Two
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next