Live the Magic!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
The Admins
Fast Links
Current time
SPRING
Year: 2034
Term: 13
Month: March

Term 13 until TBA
House Points
Chat Box
Vote For Us
Affiliates
Photobucket Shadowplay HOS The Beginning Magical World of Harry Potter THE GIRL IS DANGEROUS Hogwarts Academy

Click here to affiliate!
Latest topics
» Chances (Ariel)
Hogsmeade Hangout (Ylenia Fenech + open) EmptySat May 28, 2016 11:34 pm by Ariel Wilde

» HUGE REALLY VERY IMPORTANT UPDATE - PLEASE READ
Hogsmeade Hangout (Ylenia Fenech + open) EmptySat May 21, 2016 11:40 pm by Hunter VanDerberg

» Sunny Afternoon (Open to Anyone)
Hogsmeade Hangout (Ylenia Fenech + open) EmptyFri May 20, 2016 6:58 am by Marielle Prince

» An Unfortunate Accident (Open)
Hogsmeade Hangout (Ylenia Fenech + open) EmptyMon May 16, 2016 2:41 am by Marielle Prince

» Marielle Aveline Prince
Hogsmeade Hangout (Ylenia Fenech + open) EmptySun May 15, 2016 8:57 pm by Sky

» Claim a Face
Hogsmeade Hangout (Ylenia Fenech + open) EmptySun May 15, 2016 8:08 am by Marielle Prince

» AFFILIATE HERE
Hogsmeade Hangout (Ylenia Fenech + open) EmptyMon May 09, 2016 2:42 am by Ariadne O'Rieley

» My charries need something fot their life (a plots)
Hogsmeade Hangout (Ylenia Fenech + open) EmptyWed May 04, 2016 8:10 am by Jessica Kim

» The Gif Game 2.0
Hogsmeade Hangout (Ylenia Fenech + open) EmptyTue May 03, 2016 7:39 am by Humphrey Williams

» A Dying Trade (one of JETTS characters)
Hogsmeade Hangout (Ylenia Fenech + open) EmptyMon May 02, 2016 12:25 am by Augustus Beckett

» Wild Child [Ariadne]
Hogsmeade Hangout (Ylenia Fenech + open) EmptySun May 01, 2016 6:01 am by Ariadne O'Rieley

» History Of Magic Application
Hogsmeade Hangout (Ylenia Fenech + open) EmptyFri Apr 22, 2016 9:41 pm by Morgana Gaunt

» Semi - Activity Check!
Hogsmeade Hangout (Ylenia Fenech + open) EmptyFri Apr 22, 2016 11:56 am by Hunter VanDerberg

» EVELYN'S "DRAWINGS"
Hogsmeade Hangout (Ylenia Fenech + open) EmptySun Apr 17, 2016 10:30 pm by Morgana Gaunt

» I Won't Say I'm In Love (closed-one shot)
Hogsmeade Hangout (Ylenia Fenech + open) EmptySun Apr 17, 2016 5:18 pm by Miranda Cunningham

Hogsmeade Hangout (Ylenia Fenech + open)

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Hogsmeade Hangout (Ylenia Fenech + open) Empty
PostSubject: Hogsmeade Hangout (Ylenia Fenech + open)   Hogsmeade Hangout (Ylenia Fenech + open) EmptyWed Oct 23, 2013 11:24 pm

Corinna took her butterbeer - just because one could drink alcohol didn't mean she should - and reclined at a corner table.

This job wasn't going nearly as well as she'd imagined it. To be fair, she'd imagined herself with a lot more free time. For some reason, students kept coming into her library and getting underfoot.

She watched the patrons of The Three Broomsticks coming and going. This was a Hogsmeade weekend for the students, so there were quite a few of them among the crowd.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hogsmeade Hangout (Ylenia Fenech + open)   Hogsmeade Hangout (Ylenia Fenech + open) EmptyThu Oct 24, 2013 7:53 pm

Every Saturday, Ylenia liked spending her time in Hogsmeade, in the Three Broomsticks. The innkeeper had already memorized her usual order, so she could just nod, get her drink, and find a table to settle down and read. Her year teaching at Hogwarts was going good so far, apart from that time when a student had set the frogs loose in class. There were times where she was stressed, so a day at Hogsmeade usually calmed her down. As she entered the inn, she was going over a list of things she needed to do- plan the next lessons, correct homeworks, owl mother, and countless of other things which she could barely remember. She sighed.

This weekend the Three Broomsticks seemed to be extra packed because it was a Hogsmeade weekend for students. But nevertheless, after getting her order, Ylenia walked over to where she usually sat. But this time it seemed to be taken by someone else. She rolled her eyes. The table was always empty when she arrived and she didn't feel like wasting time finding somewhere else to sit. "That's my seat," she stated to the person sitting there, her voice clear and bored and flat.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hogsmeade Hangout (Ylenia Fenech + open)   Hogsmeade Hangout (Ylenia Fenech + open) EmptySat Oct 26, 2013 3:14 am

Corinna hadn't been working at Hogwarts long. Some of the staff she was on speaking terms with, as they needed her to set aside certain texts for students to use in the library. The charms teacher was not one of these. Nevertheless, Corinna recognised her face and was pleased to see her approach. It would be nice to get to know someone who was over the age of seventeen.

Her interest quickly waned when the woman addressed her as though this were the climatic scene in a theatre production at best, or they were both fourteen year olds battling for the dubious title of coolest girl in the class, at worst.

"I beg your pardon?" she asked.

She took a sip from her drink and hoped Ms Fenech would reconsider her options.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hogsmeade Hangout (Ylenia Fenech + open)   Hogsmeade Hangout (Ylenia Fenech + open) EmptySat Oct 26, 2013 6:36 pm

It was the school librarian. Ylenia had seen the woman up and about the castle, sometimes in the library itself. And when the woman spoke, she found herself a bit impressed with the librarian's response. Whenever Ylenia said something like that to someone, the person would immediately jump up and apologize and walk away as quickly as possible. Corinna was different. At least, she was sure that her name was Corinna. Then Ylenia sighed and looked at the empty chair at the table. Maybe she was over-reacting. And anyway, her mother had asked her to at least try to be friendly to the staff and students. For her. She sighed.

"Can I sit here?" she asked.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hogsmeade Hangout (Ylenia Fenech + open)   Hogsmeade Hangout (Ylenia Fenech + open) EmptySun Oct 27, 2013 4:46 am

Ah, good. Corinna smiled. Sometimes all it took was a firm hand.

"Certainly," she replied. "I'm sorry, I'm sure you hear this all the time, but I've only seen your name written down and I'm not entirely certain how to pronounce it?"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hogsmeade Hangout (Ylenia Fenech + open)   Hogsmeade Hangout (Ylenia Fenech + open) EmptySun Nov 03, 2013 6:15 pm

Ylenia shouldn't have asked. The librarian's smile irritated her immediately- as if the woman forced her to. She smirked and sat down, her expression unfriendly. Slowly, she drank a bit of her butterbeer as Corinna asked her question. Of course she heard this kind of question all the time. It was like British people never heard a Maltese name. After having spent a few months in Malta for her childhood, Ylenia had learnt many unuseful things about her father's country- one of the things being that the British had ruled over Malta at one point. And that British people were still acquainted with Malta in a way. And, somehow, it made her hate her father even more. He was the reason that she had to carry her stupid name as a memory of it. He never exactly left my life, did he?

She put down her bottle and admitted, "It's Ylenia. E-le-nya fen-ek." Ylenia said it clearly for the woman to understand her. Ugh, how she hated her last name, too, as it translated into 'rabbit' in the Maltese language.

Last edited by Ylenia Fenech on Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:00 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Sorry, I had written to post on my tablet and I made a few typos.)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hogsmeade Hangout (Ylenia Fenech + open)   Hogsmeade Hangout (Ylenia Fenech + open) EmptySun Nov 03, 2013 9:52 pm

That was one decision made. Corinna was definitely going to avoid this one in future. She seemed to pout over even the most trivial things. And Corinna was sure that if she'd attempted to pronounce the woman's name and failed, the reaction would have been just the same.

"Ah, so it's just like Yvette," she said cheerfully.

"Still, it's always best to ask, isn't it? You never can tell with people's names. I once met a girl who was convinced the correct pronunciation of her name was See-oh-bahn. Her name was Siobhan. Then again, she was American. Terribly dense, the Americans."

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hogsmeade Hangout (Ylenia Fenech + open)   Hogsmeade Hangout (Ylenia Fenech + open) EmptyMon Nov 04, 2013 2:37 pm

It seemed as if Corinna hadn't taken a liking to her either. Ylenia nodded. "Yup, like Yvette," she muttered loudly. Then she added, "Although I've never seen the point of that name. It's really unusual." She drank a bit more as the librarian continued chatting. Really, Ylenia didn't say anything, just an occasional nod or 'mhm'. If there was anything she was bad at, it was at keeping a conversation going.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hogsmeade Hangout (Ylenia Fenech + open)   Hogsmeade Hangout (Ylenia Fenech + open) EmptyFri Nov 08, 2013 3:43 am

"I suppose it is," Corinna agreed.

"If you'll excuse me, I have a letter to send."

She stood up and left, despite her drink still being more than half full.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hogsmeade Hangout (Ylenia Fenech + open)   Hogsmeade Hangout (Ylenia Fenech + open) EmptyTue Nov 12, 2013 7:38 pm

It was easy to tell that the two of them weren't enjoying the conversation. Corinna excused herself, and Ylenia just nodded. She wasn't one who was a fan of good-byes. As she watched the librarian disappear, she wondered how old the woman was. She'd never seen Corinna at Hogwarts in her school years. Then she shrugged, finished her butterbeer and decided to go owl her mother.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hogsmeade Hangout (Ylenia Fenech + open)   Hogsmeade Hangout (Ylenia Fenech + open) Empty

Back to top Go down

Hogsmeade Hangout (Ylenia Fenech + open)
Page 1 of 1