Live the Magic!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
The Admins
Fast Links
Current time
SPRING
Year: 2034
Term: 13
Month: March

Term 13 until TBA
House Points
Chat Box
Vote For Us
Affiliates
Photobucket Shadowplay HOS The Beginning Magical World of Harry Potter THE GIRL IS DANGEROUS Hogwarts Academy

Click here to affiliate!
Latest topics
» Chances (Ariel)
Lesson I- Flobberworms and More. - Page 2 EmptySat May 28, 2016 11:34 pm by Ariel Wilde

» HUGE REALLY VERY IMPORTANT UPDATE - PLEASE READ
Lesson I- Flobberworms and More. - Page 2 EmptySat May 21, 2016 11:40 pm by Hunter VanDerberg

» Sunny Afternoon (Open to Anyone)
Lesson I- Flobberworms and More. - Page 2 EmptyFri May 20, 2016 6:58 am by Marielle Prince

» An Unfortunate Accident (Open)
Lesson I- Flobberworms and More. - Page 2 EmptyMon May 16, 2016 2:41 am by Marielle Prince

» Marielle Aveline Prince
Lesson I- Flobberworms and More. - Page 2 EmptySun May 15, 2016 8:57 pm by Sky

» Claim a Face
Lesson I- Flobberworms and More. - Page 2 EmptySun May 15, 2016 8:08 am by Marielle Prince

» AFFILIATE HERE
Lesson I- Flobberworms and More. - Page 2 EmptyMon May 09, 2016 2:42 am by Ariadne O'Rieley

» My charries need something fot their life (a plots)
Lesson I- Flobberworms and More. - Page 2 EmptyWed May 04, 2016 8:10 am by Jessica Kim

» The Gif Game 2.0
Lesson I- Flobberworms and More. - Page 2 EmptyTue May 03, 2016 7:39 am by Humphrey Williams

» A Dying Trade (one of JETTS characters)
Lesson I- Flobberworms and More. - Page 2 EmptyMon May 02, 2016 12:25 am by Augustus Beckett

» Wild Child [Ariadne]
Lesson I- Flobberworms and More. - Page 2 EmptySun May 01, 2016 6:01 am by Ariadne O'Rieley

» History Of Magic Application
Lesson I- Flobberworms and More. - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 22, 2016 9:41 pm by Morgana Gaunt

» Semi - Activity Check!
Lesson I- Flobberworms and More. - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 22, 2016 11:56 am by Hunter VanDerberg

» EVELYN'S "DRAWINGS"
Lesson I- Flobberworms and More. - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 17, 2016 10:30 pm by Morgana Gaunt

» I Won't Say I'm In Love (closed-one shot)
Lesson I- Flobberworms and More. - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 17, 2016 5:18 pm by Miranda Cunningham

Lesson I- Flobberworms and More.

Go down 
+2
Wade Malfoy
Selene Greco
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Wade Malfoy
Admin
Admin
Wade Malfoy

My Character
::
Activity: Dark Wizard

Lesson I- Flobberworms and More. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lesson I- Flobberworms and More.   Lesson I- Flobberworms and More. - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 21, 2012 1:20 am

Noticing that Professor Vega had asked James and Ella, the new girl, something, Wade felt strangely jealous. He wished she would have asked him instead, but he wasn't exactly sure why he wanted it. Wade tried to ignore it and whispered to Lucy, "I'm glad she didn't ask me. I don't know anything about centaurs. That's why I joined this class." His voice sounded stiff, and it surprised him that he had talked about the class that way.
Back to top Go down
Ella Vega
Adult
Ella Vega

My Character
Activity: Adult, Trainee Auror

PostSubject: Re: Lesson I- Flobberworms and More.   Lesson I- Flobberworms and More. - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 21, 2012 6:23 am

Ella stood there in shock when Professor Vega turned to her and said, "Miss Fontayne? I would also like for you to share what you know about them." Ella was confused, she didn't really know anything about any magical creatures. She glanced around to Lucy and Wade and flashed a worried look and smile. "Well, centaurs have a rejected status because their upper body is a man and their lower body is a horse. They stand tall and they are very protective of their culture." Ella replied to Professor Vega with a shake in her voice. Oh how I hate talking in front of a class or getting picked, Ella thought.
Back to top Go down
Lucy Malfoy
Adult
Lucy Malfoy

My Character
Activity: Slytherin Alumni, Auror, Flying Professor

PostSubject: Re: Lesson I- Flobberworms and More.   Lesson I- Flobberworms and More. - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 1:25 am

As Lucy contemplated the centaur, she felt her arm suddenly being grabbed by someone. It was Wade, and he had a confused look on his face. Lucy understood why he had done that, so she let him pull her closed to him.

"Mr. Riddle? I would like for you to inform us about your knowledge of centaurs. I know you said you knew mythological creatures from Muggle books, and I would like to know what you already know about them. Miss Fontayne? I would also like for you to share what you know about them." said Professor Vega suddenly.

Lucy noticed Ella turn to look at them nervously, clearly surpassed by Professor Vega's questioning her. With a reassuring nod, Lucy smiled at Ella.
"Well, centaurs have a rejected status because their upper body is a man and their lower body is a horse. They stand tall and they are very protective of their culture." she responded, and her last words were overpowered by Wade's sudden angry whisper.
"I'm glad she didn't ask me." Wade said, "I don't know anything about centaurs. That's why I joined this class."
Turning to him, she said, "Wade! Don't be rude. You think I don't know about what happened in Potions, but I do. If you're here to disrespect Professor Vega too, then at least don't do it in my presence." Her voice was a bit louder than his had been, but it was not loud enough for it to be heard across the clearing, where Professor Vega was standing. She had never spoken to Wade like that, but she was through with having people think of the Malfoys as disrespectful and resentful kids.
Back to top Go down
Kim Frey
Admin
Admin
Kim Frey

My Character
Activity: Slytherin - Year 3, Radio Worker

PostSubject: Re: Lesson I- Flobberworms and More.   Lesson I- Flobberworms and More. - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 4:10 am

The discussion went on while they were walking towards the forest but a statement caught her attention: "Oh, by the way, Flobberworms are edible. You guys have probably had it before since Hogwarts serves them for lunch." Professor Vega told them. Edible?! Kim has a habit of eating food that is served in front of her, not knowing the ingredients and the names of the dishes but she never thought that the creature she held a while back was the one she had eaten for lunch.

Ignoring the groan from her stomach, Kim noticed the creature in front of them, putting her hair skin upwards. 'A real one, from my mythology books.' she exclaimed to herself, noticing that she had the same reaction as James'. I can't draw that.. she thought to herself. For her, drawing Flobberworms is harder than she thought but seeing a large, moving creature like this one is not going to be easy either.
Back to top Go down
http://thedrunktrain.blogspot.com
James Riddle
Adult
James Riddle

My Character
Activity: Adult

PostSubject: Re: Lesson I- Flobberworms and More.   Lesson I- Flobberworms and More. - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 2:25 pm

"Mr. Riddle? I would like for you to inform us about your knowledge of centaurs. I know you said you knew mythological creatures from Muggle books, and I would like to know what you already know about them." Professor Vega said, turning to him. "Miss Fontayne? I would also like for you to share what you know about them." she instantly added. James remained silent for a second, startled by the professor's question and trying to remember everything he had read about centaurs. Ella Fontayne took advantage of his hesitation and answered first. while listening to her, James felt Lucy let go of his arm and slowly move away from him.

"Well, I don't know if what I read in muggle books applies for centaurs in the wizarding world." James cautiously started once the Slytherin had finished talking. "Centaurs are very important beings in Greek mythology. They are said to be born from the union of a human king and a cloud that Zeus, the father of gods, had shaped to look like his wife, Hera. Their chest, arms and head are similar to human ones but the lower part of their body is closer to a horse, which gives them tremendous strength and speed." James said, carefully avoiding Phrixus's look. "Other than being immortal, centaurs are considered very proud and independent, and usually like to isolate themselves from human societies, preferring to live in remote places such as deep woods. They usually avoid meddling in the affairs of common people, even though some of them were known to participate in the adventures of mythical heroes."

James paused, unsure whether to continue. Despite a few exceptions, mythical stories often depicted centaurs as brutal monsters who were known for their immoderate love for wine and women and who were profoundly feared by mortals. Seeing Phrixus's imposing stature, he stopped there, deciding that the others didn't necessarily have to know everything.
Back to top Go down
Selene Greco
Adult
Selene Greco

My Character
Activity: Adult, Care of Magical Creatures Professor, History of Magic Professor, Head of Slytherin House

PostSubject: Re: Lesson I- Flobberworms and More.   Lesson I- Flobberworms and More. - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 23, 2012 2:31 am

Selene waited for the two students to answer, she wanted to see how far their knowledge went.
Ella Fontayne, a Slytherin, answered first.
"Well, centaurs have a rejected status because their upper body is a man and their lower body is a horse. They stand tall and they are very protective of their culture." she said, quite nervously.
"I don't believe they have a rejected status, Miss Fontayne. They are rather fancied and respected by many. I believe the word you are looking for is misunderstood. Centaurs have been long thought of as fierce, harmful creatures, when in truth, they are very kind. Their pride is what may be confused for what they say is animalistic and dangerous. You are, however, correct in you second statement. They do stand tall, and protect their culture. Very nice Miss Fontayne." Selene said kindly. Turning to James Riddle, she waited for his answer.
"Well, I don't know if what I read in muggle books applies for centaurs in the wizarding world." the boy started, "Centaurs are very important beings in Greek mythology. They are said to be born from the union of a human king and a cloud that Zeus, the father of gods, had shaped to look like his wife, Hera. Their chest, arms and head are similar to human ones but the lower part of their body is closer to a horse, which gives them tremendous strength and speed. Other than being immortal, centaurs are considered very proud and independent, and usually like to isolate themselves from human societies, preferring to live in remote places such as deep woods. They usually avoid meddling in the affairs of common people, even though some of them were known to participate in the adventures of mythical heroes."
Selene was amazed by the Ravenclaw's answer.
"You are right, Mister Riddle. Centaurs are incredibly strong and fast, and also proud and independent." she told him, quoting him. "And yes, they do like to isolate themselves from humans, although to be honest, I think we are all quite lucky that Phrixus is here. Athough, I believe there are two myths concerning their birth. They were said to have been born of Ixion and Nephele, the cloud made in the image of Hera. Another version makes them children of a certain Centaurus and the Magnesian mares. Centaurus was either son of Ixion and Nephele or of Apollo and Stilbe, daughter of the river god Peneus."

She started pacing in front of the kids, "Please, sit down and sketch. I also forgot to mention that sketching will be necessary, as I do not provide pictures of the creatures, unless they are very dangerous and therefore you cannot meet one." She waited for her students to take a seat, or accommodate themselves, and begin sketching.
"Now, I believe you all have a good amount of knowledge about centaurs. Although, this troubles me, both Mister Riddle and Miss Fontayne mentioned their physical features," she moved her hands, pointing at Phrixus' torso, then to his lower body, "the human and the horse. But, you any of you know of any other qualities that make them who they are?"

She turned to look at her students, "You all know of the stereotypical centaur, but what else is there to these magical creatures? I want you to look outside their stereotype." She walked around, inspecting the students' sketches.
"Greek Mythology has played a great part in stereotyping the centaurs. I mean, you read the myths, and you encounter centaurs described as wild, overly indulgent drinkers who turn to violence when intoxicated, and generally uncultured. However, as Mister Riddle has already mentioned, there are myths of those who aided heroes, such as Chiron who later became a teacher to many great, respectable heroes, such as Aeneas, Achilles, Jason, and Perseus." She paused, making sure her students were following.

"Now, based on that? Does anyone have any idea on what other qualities centaurs have?" she asked her students, hoping to see them thinking outside the box. "I'm sure you have all read or heard of at least on myth."

OOC: Due to the great amount of text I just posted, I color-coded the dialogue, that way you guys can skip to it if you wish.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lesson I- Flobberworms and More.   Lesson I- Flobberworms and More. - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 23, 2012 10:00 am

Aurora thought for a while. She hadn't read many Muggle books on mythology, but she had read some wizard ones and a bit from Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them. Raising her hand, she said, "Centaurs are a very proud race, and can be easily angered. They don't normally talk with humans, but they respect us and protect children, or foals." She hoped she hadn't sounded too negative, but she had done what she could.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lesson I- Flobberworms and More.   Lesson I- Flobberworms and More. - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 23, 2012 10:40 pm

Keith wasn't sure how to answer. He thought for a minute. The reason he had joined this class was for the reason to learn more, because at this point he didn't know anything about Care of Magical Creatures. He shyly, stepped back a bit and decided to let the students who knew more on the subject talk.
Back to top Go down
James Riddle
Adult
James Riddle

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Lesson I- Flobberworms and More.   Lesson I- Flobberworms and More. - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 24, 2012 1:32 am

James listened to Professor Vega's reply, impressed by her extensive knowledge about mythology. "Please, sit down and sketch. I also forgot to mention that sketching will be necessary, as I do not provide pictures of the creatures, unless they are very dangerous and therefore you cannot meet one." the teacher then instructed. James took a seat on the grass, and readied his pencil and a piece of parchment. After observing the centaur for a while, he began drawing the magnificent creature, while Professor Vega continued her explanation. "But, do any of you know of any other qualities that make them who they are?" she asked.

After a few moments, James raised his hand. In spite of his timidity, he now felt more comfortable with intervening in Care of Magical Creatures, as this was one of the few disciplines where he could use the knowledge he possessed before coming to Hogwarts. After Aurora had given her answer, the teacher gave him permission to speak. "As you said, Chiron was a teacher to many heroes. So I guess that one of the qualities of centaurs is their wisdom, especially since they have very long lives, which allows them to gather great knowledge in many different areas."
Back to top Go down
Selene Greco
Adult
Selene Greco

My Character
Activity: Adult, Care of Magical Creatures Professor, History of Magic Professor, Head of Slytherin House

PostSubject: Re: Lesson I- Flobberworms and More.   Lesson I- Flobberworms and More. - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 24, 2012 3:32 am

After listening to Miss Finnigan's answer, she nodded to Mr. Riddle, giving him permission to speak. After listening to his answer, she spoke to both of them. "Both of you are right. Centaur are indeed proud and protective, and yes, as Mister Riddle says, their immortality serves them in helping them gather inormation, therefore creating their unique wisdom. In reality, they are most skilled in Divination, Archery, Astronomy and they are also excellent healers. Now, as you may know, the Ministry of Magic classified them as Beasts, which is why we study them in class, although they trully are thier own species."
Phrixus' rough voicw was heard suddwnly, "We refuse to be classified as Beings. Not with all those vampires and-" he trailed off, as Selene gave him a warning look.
"Anyway, does any one have any questions?" She asked the kids, hoping that some of them would like to interact with the class.
Back to top Go down
Ella Vega
Adult
Ella Vega

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Lesson I- Flobberworms and More.   Lesson I- Flobberworms and More. - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 24, 2012 3:38 am

Ella watched between James, Aurora and Professor Vega, she kept quiet as she didn't know what to say. When Phrixus spoke up it startled her but it did not pull her out of her own little world. She did however notice Professor Vega giving him a stern look.
"Anyway, does any one have any questions?" she asked. Ella just stared blankly at her. Think of a question Ella, think! She looked around to make sure the others were still there as it was so quiet.
Back to top Go down
Selene Greco
Adult
Selene Greco

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Lesson I- Flobberworms and More.   Lesson I- Flobberworms and More. - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 24, 2012 3:45 am

"Miss Fontayne? You look like you have something in mind." Said Selene, noticing her Slytherin student seemed to be thinking of something.
Back to top Go down
Ella Vega
Adult
Ella Vega

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Lesson I- Flobberworms and More.   Lesson I- Flobberworms and More. - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 24, 2012 6:56 am

"Miss Fontayne? You look like you have something in mind." Professor Vega said.

Hearing her name called by Professor Vega she snapped out of her own world and asked, "What about internal organs? Do they have two sets? And if so, what happens if a centaur gets hurt in, say, his human or horse heart? Would it kill the entire creature, or just the relevant half? Or would it be able to get by with just one heart? And if it has a horse stomach, where does it get food from? Can it siphon it from the human digestive system? Or does the horse stomach stay hungry, forever?"
Back to top Go down
Selene Greco
Adult
Selene Greco

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Lesson I- Flobberworms and More.   Lesson I- Flobberworms and More. - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 29, 2012 5:17 am

"Excdllent question Miss Fontayne. Now, I'm afraid I don't have a concrete answer to it. We have not yet been honored with such knowledge, however, I do know that there are theories about their internal organs and such. For example, one theory says that, yes, they do have two sets of organs, but only one heart. Another says that centaurs have just one set of organs, but it is spread out throughout both parts, human and horse. One last one claims that they have a full set of organs positioned only on the back part of their body, meaning the horse-like part, and the human torso is only composed of muscle. I'm very sorry to not have a real, verified answer to that, but I will try to gather more information for you. " Selene explained. "Now, class is about to end, and I have to return you safely tothe Castle. Please pick up your books and materials. Also, please thank Phrixus as he has taken part of his time to come model. Maybe, if class curriculum allows it, we may come and spend some time asking him questions about anything you'd like, as he has agreed to that too." heading back to she stopped and waited for her students to gather around. "By the way, Mister Riddle, you gained eight points to Ravwnclaw for your participation and willingness to think outside the box. Miss Fontayne, you gained ten points to Slytherin for participation and great questions. Everyone else, please try to be active in class. It's not a grade, but I do award points. And Mister Malfoy, next time you wish to critizise my class, do so not in my presence."
Back to top Go down
James Riddle
Adult
James Riddle

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Lesson I- Flobberworms and More.   Lesson I- Flobberworms and More. - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 29, 2012 11:33 am

After answering Ella's question, Professor Vega announcedt the lesson was almost over. "Thank you, Phrixus." James said with the others, a bit disappointed that they didn't get to spend more time with him and discover more about centaurs, hoping that they would have the opportunity to do that in the future.

Standing up, James took his piece of parchment and carefully placed it in his bag. He then headed to the beginning of the path leading out of the forest, where the teacher was already waiting for them. When everyone gathered, Professor Vega announced the points she awarded for this lesson, after which they were ready to return to the Castle.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lesson I- Flobberworms and More.   Lesson I- Flobberworms and More. - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 29, 2012 9:01 pm

Professor Vega answered Ella's question, before announcing to the class that class was almost over. Keith looked up at Phrixus. "It was nice meeting you!" He said, smiling. After all, he had never heard about centaurs before, nor had he ever dreamed of getting the chance to meet one.

Keith put away his piece of parchment and follow Professor Vega out of the forest the same way they had come in. He heard her announce that Slytherin had gained a few points, courtesy of James and Ella. Keith gave them both a small smile, as to congratulate them.
Back to top Go down
Ella Vega
Adult
Ella Vega

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Lesson I- Flobberworms and More.   Lesson I- Flobberworms and More. - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 29, 2012 10:12 pm

"Excellent question Miss Fontayne. Now, I'm afraid I don't have a concrete answer to it. We have not yet been honored with such knowledge, however, I do know that there are theories about their internal organs and such. For example, one theory says that, yes, they do have two sets of organs, but only one heart. Another says that centaurs have just one set of organs, but it is spread out throughout both parts, human and horse. One last one claims that they have a full set of organs positioned only on the back part of their body, meaning the horse-like part, and the human torso is only composed of muscle. I'm very sorry to not have a real, verified answer to that, but I will try to gather more information for you. " Professor Vega replied. "Now, class is about to end, and I have to return you safely to the Castle. Please pick up your books and materials. Also, please thank Phrixus as he has taken part of his time to come model. Maybe, if class curriculum allows it, we may come and spend some time asking him questions about anything you'd like, as he has agreed to that too." she started to head back then stopped "By the way, Mister Riddle, you gained eight points to Ravenclaw for your participation and willingness to think outside the box. Miss Fontayne, you gained ten points to Slytherin for participation and great questions. Everyone else, please try to be active in class. It's not a grade, but I do award points. And Mister Malfoy, next time you wish to criticize my class, do so not in my presence."

Turning towards Phrixus she said,"It was nice to meet you and learn about you. Have a nice day and thank you for taking your time to come out here.Ella gathered up her belongings and followed Professor Vega outside of the woods. She was excited about earning points for Slytherin.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lesson I- Flobberworms and More.   Lesson I- Flobberworms and More. - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Lesson I- Flobberworms and More.
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2