Live the Magic!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
The Admins
Fast Links
Current time
SPRING
Year: 2034
Term: 13
Month: March

Term 13 until TBA
House Points
Chat Box
Vote For Us
Affiliates
Photobucket Shadowplay HOS The Beginning Magical World of Harry Potter THE GIRL IS DANGEROUS Hogwarts Academy

Click here to affiliate!
Latest topics
» Chances (Ariel)
Lesson I- Flobberworms and More. EmptySat May 28, 2016 11:34 pm by Ariel Wilde

» HUGE REALLY VERY IMPORTANT UPDATE - PLEASE READ
Lesson I- Flobberworms and More. EmptySat May 21, 2016 11:40 pm by Hunter VanDerberg

» Sunny Afternoon (Open to Anyone)
Lesson I- Flobberworms and More. EmptyFri May 20, 2016 6:58 am by Marielle Prince

» An Unfortunate Accident (Open)
Lesson I- Flobberworms and More. EmptyMon May 16, 2016 2:41 am by Marielle Prince

» Marielle Aveline Prince
Lesson I- Flobberworms and More. EmptySun May 15, 2016 8:57 pm by Sky

» Claim a Face
Lesson I- Flobberworms and More. EmptySun May 15, 2016 8:08 am by Marielle Prince

» AFFILIATE HERE
Lesson I- Flobberworms and More. EmptyMon May 09, 2016 2:42 am by Ariadne O'Rieley

» My charries need something fot their life (a plots)
Lesson I- Flobberworms and More. EmptyWed May 04, 2016 8:10 am by Jessica Kim

» The Gif Game 2.0
Lesson I- Flobberworms and More. EmptyTue May 03, 2016 7:39 am by Humphrey Williams

» A Dying Trade (one of JETTS characters)
Lesson I- Flobberworms and More. EmptyMon May 02, 2016 12:25 am by Augustus Beckett

» Wild Child [Ariadne]
Lesson I- Flobberworms and More. EmptySun May 01, 2016 6:01 am by Ariadne O'Rieley

» History Of Magic Application
Lesson I- Flobberworms and More. EmptyFri Apr 22, 2016 9:41 pm by Morgana Gaunt

» Semi - Activity Check!
Lesson I- Flobberworms and More. EmptyFri Apr 22, 2016 11:56 am by Hunter VanDerberg

» EVELYN'S "DRAWINGS"
Lesson I- Flobberworms and More. EmptySun Apr 17, 2016 10:30 pm by Morgana Gaunt

» I Won't Say I'm In Love (closed-one shot)
Lesson I- Flobberworms and More. EmptySun Apr 17, 2016 5:18 pm by Miranda Cunningham

Lesson I- Flobberworms and More.

Go down 
+2
Wade Malfoy
Selene Greco
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Selene Greco
Adult
Selene Greco

My Character
::
Activity: Adult, Care of Magical Creatures Professor, History of Magic Professor, Head of Slytherin House

Lesson I- Flobberworms and More. Empty
PostSubject: Lesson I- Flobberworms and More.   Lesson I- Flobberworms and More. EmptyFri Aug 10, 2012 7:29 pm

Selene walked into the edge of the Forbidden Forest, holding a big bucket with a dozen Flobberworms. The weather was calm and damp outside, perfect weather for the little worms. Next to her, another bucket floated. It was full of lettuce bits, and as Selene reached the edge of the forest, the bucket came down to the ground slowly. She stood and waited patiently for her students to arrive. As students showed up, more and more, she thought it was a good time to start the first lesson.

"Welcome to Care of Magical Creatures. You know who I am, I know who you are, and I'd be willing to bet you all know each other, If you don't,then don't worry. Must of the time will be spent sketching creatures, working in groups, feeding animals, and working on the annual project." She paused for a little, "Oh, talking about the project. You should all check the announcements, as I have posted the information for a very important project. I created groups, but since we are already here, I will read them to you." She took out a piece of paper from her jean pocket and began reading."Group A will be James Riddle, Wade Malfoy, and Kim Frey. Group B will be Keith Parker, Lucy Malfoy, and Chloe Woods. Group C will be Isabella Lestrange and Aurora Finnigan." Putting the paper back in its place, she turned to the students.

"I know you probably expected a Hippgriff on your first lesson, but remember that saying that goes something like 'Good things come to those who wait'? Well, I recommend you wait. Now, please take out notebook, and form a line here. You will pick up a Flobberworm and some lettuce and sketch a quick drawing of it onto your notebook." She made room for the students to pick up the worms and lettuce.
"You may work in groups if you'd like, but each of you must have their own sketch of the worms. The lettuce is for feeding." She said as she walked aorund, observing the interaction between the students and the Flobberwoms
Back to top Go down
Wade Malfoy
Admin
Admin
Wade Malfoy

My Character
Activity: Dark Wizard

PostSubject: Re: Lesson I- Flobberworms and More.   Lesson I- Flobberworms and More. EmptyFri Aug 10, 2012 11:46 pm

Wade was not surprised when he saw the female figure waiting by the Black Forest. He approached her and gave her a smile. She smiled back. When the everyone was there, she started the lesson. She began to read the groups she had assigned, and he was a bit bummed that he was not working with Lucy nor Isabella. He glanced at James once his name was also called, but he had no idea who Kim Frey was. Professor Vega then proceeded to Flobberworms. Wade really had no trouble with the worms, but Lucy seemed a bit uneasy when he approached her.
"Hey, Lucy. Wanna work together?" He asked her as he took out his notebook, and stood in line to get their Flobberworm and lettuce.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lesson I- Flobberworms and More.   Lesson I- Flobberworms and More. EmptySat Aug 11, 2012 8:19 am

Isabella skipped down the hill for her first Care of Magical Creatures Lesson. She had often heard her mum talking about how fun it had been. But she had also heard that one of the past teachers had always brought in scary animals.

"Don't tell yourself such things," Isabella scolded herself, "This class will be loads of fun." When Isabella reached the edge of the Forbidden Forest, she saw her cousins.

"Hey Wade! Hi Lucy!" She exclaimed when she caught up to the gathering. Isabella wallked up to Professor Vega and introduced herself.

"Hello Professor Vega!" She said, "I'm Isabella Lestrange." After Isabella had introduced herself, she passed Professor Vega to go get a flobberworm and a piece of lettuce. Then she sat down and started her sketch.
Back to top Go down
James Riddle
Adult
James Riddle

My Character
Activity: Adult

PostSubject: Re: Lesson I- Flobberworms and More.   Lesson I- Flobberworms and More. EmptySat Aug 11, 2012 10:21 am

James made his way toward the Forbidden Forest, eager to attend his first Care of Magical Creatures lesson. He had always had an affection for animals, and was really curious to find out what extraordinary and mythical beings populated the wizarding world, hoping that the ones they would study wouldn't be too terrifying or dangerous.

He hadn't really gone anywhere near the infamous forest until now, as he found there was something menacing about its impenetrability and its vastness. Therefore, he was relieved when he discovered that he didn't have to venture into the dark woods, as their class would be held at its edge. Approaching the group composed of his teacher, a young woman with wavy dark hair known as Professor Vega, and some of his classmates who had already arrived. Near them, there were two buckets lying on the ground. The first was full of what were surely the largest worms James had ever seen. Varying in size, with the biggest surely attaining ten inches, there were approximately a dozen of these brown beings trying to crawl out from the wooden container. This was not really what he had imagined magical creatures would look like, but he was curious to find out more about them nevertheless. The second basket contained lettuce, which they would probably use to feed the worms.

Professor Vega began the lesson by informing them about their annual project as well as announcing the groups for it. He was satisfied when he heard whom he had to work with, as Wade had already been his partner in Divination and Kim was kind and serious, as well as being a Muggle-born like him. Then, the teacher instructed them to take one Flobberworm each and some lettuce and to attempt to sketch the creature. James stood in line behind Isabella and the Malfoy cousins, ready to begin with the task.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lesson I- Flobberworms and More.   Lesson I- Flobberworms and More. EmptySat Aug 11, 2012 12:28 pm

Aurora walked through the doors to the Great Hall and looked over to the edge of the Forbidden Forest. A small group was gathered there, so Aurora hastened down the steps, hoping she wasn't late. In the grassy space, Professor Vega stood next to two large buckets. After announcing the project for the year, which Aurora had noticed on the board the day previous, the professor told them, "You will pick up a Flobberworm and some lettuce and sketch a quick drawing of it onto your notebook. You may work in groups if you'd like, but each of you must have their own sketch of the worms. The lettuce is for feeding." Aurora went to stand in line, next to Isabella, who was her partner for the project. Her notebook was in her bag, and Aurora saw a flat rock which would be perfect for sketching.

When her turn in line came, Aurora peered into the bucket nearest her. Some pinkish-grey, slimy things wriggled inside. "Urrgh!" she shrieked, jumping back. Realizing how embarrasing this looked, she blushed and went to stand in line again.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lesson I- Flobberworms and More.   Lesson I- Flobberworms and More. EmptySat Aug 11, 2012 3:51 pm

Keith had been told by other students that the first lesson of Care of Magical Creatures would be held out by the Forbidden Forest. Keith walked out the school doors and down towards the forest where he saw a small group and the Professor herself.

After introducing herself, Professor Vega gave out the groups. "Group A will be James Riddle, Wade Malfoy, and Kim Frey. Group B will be Keith Parker, Lucy Malfoy, and Chloe Woods. Group C will be Isabella Lestrange and Aurora Finnigan." She announced.

He looked around to find Lucy and Chloe, he had met Lucy only in one of his other classes, but he wasn't completely sure that he had met Chloe yet. "I know you probably expected a Hippgriff on your first lesson, but remember that saying that goes something like 'Good things come to those who wait'? Well, I recommend you wait. Now, please take out notebook, and form a line here. You will pick up a Flobberworm and some lettuce and sketch a quick drawing of it onto your notebook." Professor Vega had told them.

Keith took out his notebook and stood in line with the others as he watched them one by one, take out one of the Flobberworms and a piece of lettuce.
Back to top Go down
Lucy Malfoy
Adult
Lucy Malfoy

My Character
Activity: Slytherin Alumni, Auror, Flying Professor

PostSubject: Re: Lesson I- Flobberworms and More.   Lesson I- Flobberworms and More. EmptySat Aug 11, 2012 4:19 pm

Lucy had arrive to the Forbidden Forest a little nervous. She liked animals, but the only magical animal she had seen or taken care of was Jacques. She introduced herself to Professor Vega and joined Wade.
"Hey Wade! Hi Lucy!" He heard Isabella, her cousin, say. Turning around to face her, she smiled. As Professor Vega explained the project, Lucy found out she would be working with Keith and a girl named Chloe Woods. Looking around, she found Keith, but she didn't know who Chloe was. Professor Vega asked for them to each pick up a Flobberworm and sketch it. As she stood in line, Wade asked, "Hey Lucy. Wanna work together?" She agreed and picked up her Flobberworm and lettuce. As she peeked into the bucket, she found the most disgusting worms she could ever think of. They were big, brown, and slimy. Putting her disgust aside, she picked one up. Wade had chosen a good place to sit and work; it was not too damp so that they could sit and work. As more students picked their worms, she heard Aurora shriek in disgust. Turning to look at her, she was glad that she wasn't the only to be a little grossed out, as even Professor Vega seemed to handle the worms quite nicely.
Back to top Go down
Kim Frey
Admin
Admin
Kim Frey

My Character
Activity: Slytherin - Year 3, Radio Worker

PostSubject: Re: Lesson I- Flobberworms and More.   Lesson I- Flobberworms and More. EmptySun Aug 12, 2012 2:00 am

Kim went to the Forbidden Forest, knowing that their first Care of the Magical Creatures lesson is going to be held there. As she was hopping to the big stones, she saw that everyone is almost there, forming one line. Finally, she reached her destination and listened to the instructions carefully.

She wasn't informed about the project Professor Vega was talking about. For the past few days, she was a bit off her studies, still trying to adjust about the fact that she lives now in a castle, nowhere near her family. "Group A will be James Riddle, Wade Malfoy, and Kim Frey. Group B will be Keith Parker, Lucy Malfoy, and Chloe Woods. Group C will be Isabella Lestrange and Aurora Finnigan." Professor Vega announced.

Kim knew James. She had some interaction with him in some lessons and in the library but the second name made her curious. She never met him nor seen him, or at least, she did but didn't know that it was him. Setting her insights, she joined the line and waited for her turn to take some slimy, large worms Professor Vega called Flobberworms. Thinking that in the magical world, animals are more enhanced than the muggle ones, she tried to think of it again.
Back to top Go down
http://thedrunktrain.blogspot.com
Selene Greco
Adult
Selene Greco

My Character
Activity: Adult, Care of Magical Creatures Professor, History of Magic Professor, Head of Slytherin House

PostSubject: Re: Lesson I- Flobberworms and More.   Lesson I- Flobberworms and More. EmptyMon Aug 13, 2012 1:05 am

Some of her students introduced themselves upon arriving, receiving a warm, welcoming smile from Selene. As the kids all picked up their Flobberworms and lettuce, a young Ravenclaw, Ms. Finnigan, shrieked at the sight of the creatures. Selene spoke softly, "Don't worry. They're truly harmless. In fact, they don't even have teeth."
She watched as the students interacted with the worms. Some were very gentle and calm about it, while other were plainly disgusted by the little creatures.
"Make an estimate about their length. Adults will grow up to ten inches, so based in that, I want you to write down whether yours is an adult or not." She paced around, looking at the students' scribbles and sketches.
"You see the green mucus at both ends? That's used in Potions. Because of its ability to thicken substances, it is an essential ingredient in the Wiggenweld potion." She paused to make sure her students were following her words. "If you dare, ask Professor Wayne about it." She said with a smile as she remembered the man that had annoyed her in the Staff Room. Not wanting her students to notice that, she went back to teaching.
"Okay. Umm, if you're done with your sketch, you may now spend a couple minutes feeding it. Please, record your interactions with your Flobberworm, as they may be helpful later on." She waited patiently, walking around, observing and interacting with the kids. "Once you're done, please return the worms into the bucket and if you have any leftover lettuce, just make a pile near you and I will clean it up later. Now, line up in here. We will now enter the forest." She told them and waited for them to line up before leading them into the Forbidden Forest.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lesson I- Flobberworms and More.   Lesson I- Flobberworms and More. EmptyMon Aug 13, 2012 9:41 am

After there were a few sniggers from Aurora's classmates, Professor Vega said kindly, "Don't worry. They're truly harmless. In fact, they don't even have teeth."

Aurora smiled at her. "Okay, thanks," she replied as she picked up a worm and held it at arm's length. She grabbed a large piece of lettuce and carried the worm over to the rock she had seen earlier. She set the flobberworm down, where it curled up sluggishly. Balancing her notebook on her knee, Aurora stretched the worm out to its full length and estimated its length. "Hm," she muttered, "I'd give it about seven inches." She wrote, Seven inches next to her vague sketch of the blobby creature.

"Okay. Umm, if you're done with your sketch, you may now spend a couple minutes feeding it. Please, record your interactions with your Flobberworm, as they may be helpful later on." Professor Vega's words interrupted Aurora's thoughts of how disgusting the worm was. She picked the lettuce up and dangled it carelessly above the worm's slimy mouth. When it made no aattempt to snatch it out of the air, Aurora realized that she would have to feed it by hand. "Ewww," she said as she poked the lettuce into the hole that served as the worm's mouth. When the flobberworm had finished swallowing the lettuce whole, Aurora wiped her hands on the rock and went to deposit the worm in the bucket.

"Now, line up in here. We will now enter the forest," Professor Vega said once everone had finished. Aurora filed into the line, apprehensive about what they might meet in the forest.
Back to top Go down
James Riddle
Adult
James Riddle

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Lesson I- Flobberworms and More.   Lesson I- Flobberworms and More. EmptyMon Aug 13, 2012 10:26 am

Once it was his turn, James gently picked up a Flobberworm and grabbed some lettuce. He then walked away from the others and laid the creature on a patch of grass. Sitting right in front of it, he took out a pencil and a piece of parchment and observed the worm for a while. It didn't seem to be fully grown yet, as he estimated it was no more than five inches long, and Professor Vega had stated that adults could reach ten feet. Just like the worms James knew from the muggle world, each end of the creature was identical to the other, except from a tiny opening on one side that he assumed was its mouth.

Just as James was about to begin sketching it, the Flobberworm turned away from him and started slowly crawling towards the forest. "Hey! Where do you think you're going?" he exclaimed, amused. Grabbing the animal, he gently rotated it so that it would face him. He then placed some lettuce in front of it, and took advantage of the time the worm was busy eating to complete his sketch. Although he never was too good at drawing, this task was not particularly difficult. After a few minutes, he examined the result. More or less satisfied, he indicated the estimated length of his Flobberworm and then fed it some more lettuce. The creature really seemed peaceful and kind, although he could understand why some of his classmates found it disgusting. It was apparently quite useful as well, since according to Professor Vega the green mucus it produced was used as a potion ingredient.

As everyone seemed to be done, James returned the worm in the bucket. After wiping his hands on some grass to get rid of the slime, he stood in line behind Aurora, waiting for Professor Vega to guide them into the forest. Although this part of the lesson had reassured him about the type of creatures they would be studying, he somewhat apprehended the rest, certain that not all of them were as harmless as Flobberworms.
Back to top Go down
Kim Frey
Admin
Admin
Kim Frey

My Character
Activity: Slytherin - Year 3, Radio Worker

PostSubject: Re: Lesson I- Flobberworms and More.   Lesson I- Flobberworms and More. EmptyMon Aug 13, 2012 12:27 pm

It was Kim's time to get some surprisingly huge worms. Being at the back of the line, she didn't have much of a disgust feeling since she saw how the others manipulate it with the lettuce. As soon as she had found a tree to be under to, she began her drawing. She knew to herself that she don't know how to use brushes and pencils much but she was satisfied on her work.

After doing the drawing, she still had some time to have more interaction with the worm. She noticed the slime that Professor Vega had indicated. For some minutes, she enjoyed the worm eating the lettuce she gave. As instructed, she took her quill and some parchments and recorded her experience about the creature. 'Five inches, I estimate. As Professor Vega said that ten-inch Flobberworm is already adult, this might be too young to be played,' she wrote down.

"Once you're done, please return the worms into the bucket and if you have any leftover lettuce, just make a pile near you and I will clean it up later. Now, line up in here. We will now enter the forest." Professor Vega informed them. As soon as Kim was done putting the worm back, for the first time in the lesson, she felt kind of nervous. Knowing that the next creature is not on a bucket like Flobberworms, monsters crept her thoughts.
Back to top Go down
http://thedrunktrain.blogspot.com
Lucy Malfoy
Adult
Lucy Malfoy

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Lesson I- Flobberworms and More.   Lesson I- Flobberworms and More. EmptyMon Aug 13, 2012 11:29 pm

Lucy watched in amazement as Wade handled the worm with ease. Decided to not let him see that she was disgusted by them, she grabbed her worm with one hand, and her notebook with the other. Despite her lack of artistic skills, she began to draw. Once done, she made an estimate of its length.
Hmm, about eight inches? Maybe? she thought.
"Hey Wade. How long do you think this is? Like eight inches? Right?" she asked her cousin, who sat next to her. He gave her a nod, as he seemed to be too into drawing the little guy that he couldn't even look up at her.
Lucy gave him a look, not a nice one, and continued to finish her drawing. When she finished, she spent a while trying to feed him. She cut the lettuce into smaller bits and. putting them on her hand, she fed him.
Professor Vega had said the mucus was used in the Wiggenweld potion, and since Lucy was not very clear of what that was, she decided to ask Professor Wayne as soon as she got the chance.
"Once you're done, please return the worms into the bucket and if you have any leftover lettuce, just make a pile near you and I will clean it up later. Now, line up in here. We will now enter the forest." Professor Vega told them. Returning her worm to the bucket, she stood next to James, waiting excitedly for them to enter the Forest. She had never been there, but she had always wanted to see it. Uncle Draco used to tell them about the time he had detention with Mr. Potter during his first year, but that didn't really scare her, as she knew Uncle Draco was always exaggerating.
"James, are you scared?" she asked him, although after realizing the way she had said it, she tried to clean it up a bit. "Not that you look scared. It's just...I am. A little bit. And I didn't want to be the only one." she said.
Lucy felt bad about lying, especially to him, but she tried to smile and hope that he hadn't gotten offended by her first question.
Back to top Go down
Wade Malfoy
Admin
Admin
Wade Malfoy

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Lesson I- Flobberworms and More.   Lesson I- Flobberworms and More. EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 1:06 am

Wade thought Lucy had asked him something, but he was too into the drawing, trying to make it look good, so he just nodded. His Flobberworm was around ten inches, and according to Professor Vega, that meant it was an adult. Wade tried feeding it, the way Lucy was doing, but it wouldn't eat any of the lettuce he was giving it.
"You have to eat little one. What am I supposed to record in my notebook? That we did nothing?" he said to the worm. "Come on, love. Just one bite." Tired of arguing with the worm, he put it back in the bucket and made a pile of the unused lettuce. He appraoched Professor Vega, "Professor, is it normal if the Flobberworm didn't eat any lettuce?" He was hoping it would, as it could mean he was a bad caretaker.

When Professor Vega announced they would be entering the forest, he got excited. This would be the first time he went in, and it was something he had waited for since they announced the class. He went to stand next to Isabella, as Lucy had gone to James.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lesson I- Flobberworms and More.   Lesson I- Flobberworms and More. EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 4:14 am

After Keith had gotten his worm and a piece of lettuce, he went to find a spot of his own to study the worm. He opened up his notebook and began writing information about the worm, as he came to a finish, he started to sketch the worm as it nudged up against the piece of lettuce. Keith grinned slightly as he finished the sketch and closed his notebook as he began to feed the lettuce to his worm. After hearing that they would be entering the forest he smiled and immediately made a pile of his leftover lettuce, before going to line up with the other students.
Back to top Go down
James Riddle
Adult
James Riddle

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Lesson I- Flobberworms and More.   Lesson I- Flobberworms and More. EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 7:46 am

While he was waiting in line with the others, James noticed Lucy walking toward him. "James, are you scared?" she asked him. Before he could reply, she quickly added. "Not that you look scared. It's just...I am. A little bit. And I didn't want to be the only one." "Well, I can't say it's my favourite place of the grounds either." James admitted with a smile.

He stared deep into the forest for a while. Although the sun was shining, the trees were so close to one another in that area that light struggled to reach the ground, creating a somewhat dark and chilly atmosphere. "Has your family ever told you anything about it?" he inquired.
Back to top Go down
Ella Vega
Adult
Ella Vega

My Character
Activity: Adult, Trainee Auror

PostSubject: Re: Lesson I- Flobberworms and More.   Lesson I- Flobberworms and More. EmptyThu Aug 16, 2012 6:02 pm

Ella ran into the Black Forest worried about being late.She had never been in the forest and was always nervous about entering. Now that she was late her main fear was whether the professor would excuse her and be nice about it or not. She looked around and saw students scattered about drawing. She went to the back of the line and noticed a few Slytherins. When it was her turn to grab her worm, she skittered back a few steps. Worms, she thought, I hate worms. Just my luck that I would have to touch one. Good thing no one saw how scared she was. She took a deep breath, and then grabbed some lettuce and a worm and went sit on a fallen log by herself. She began doing her drawing, looking up at everyone else every once and awhile. She absolutely loved to draw. It was something her father taught her to do. She quietly sketched every single detail in proportion to the worm. She even added a little shading here and there and outlined a background. It took her about 20 minutes to complete her drawing and then she snapped her notebook closed, afraid that someone would look at her drawing and say something about it.
Back to top Go down
Selene Greco
Adult
Selene Greco

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Lesson I- Flobberworms and More.   Lesson I- Flobberworms and More. EmptyFri Aug 17, 2012 5:43 pm

Suddenly an owl reached Selene; it carried a note fom the headmaster, which she read carefully before speaking.
"Ella Fontayne?" She looked around, waiting for a Slytherin girl to appear. When she did, Selene greeted her warmly.
"It is a pleasure to have you with us, Miss Fontayne. Miss Finningan and Miss Lestrange will be part of your group for this year's project. That means you are in Group C. " She waited to make sure the girl was welcomed and greeted politely. "Okay. Eceryone, Please stay close together. DO NOT wander off, as if you do, there will be great consequences." She paused and looked into each of her students' eyes and waited for that to sink in. "Okay. Follow me." She said as she ventured into the forest. It wasn't a far walk, but it was far enough to cloud a little bit of the daylight. "Oh, by the way, Flobberworms are edible. You guys have probably had it before since Hogwarts serves them for lunch." She added with a smile. As they reached their destination, a clearing dark enough to create an eerie mood but bright enough to allow them too see clearly, a dark digure approached them from the other side. Noticing the students' anxiety, she tried to comfort them.
"Don't worry. It's only Phrixus. An old friend of mine." She said once the figure came into full view. It was a centaur; big and masculine. His muscles were well-defined, showing great physical strenght. His hair, long and dark as the night, danced with the breeze. His eyes, a bright shade of icy blue, only made his moonlight-colored skin all the more stunning.
"Hello Phrixus. Nice to see you again." She told him, and in return, the centaur greeted her kindly, and in a friendly manner.
"Thank you, for helping me." She added. Turning to her students, she spoke to them.
"Everyone, this is Phrixus. As you can see, today, you will also sketch a real-life centaur, for he has agreeded to assist in your learning." She looked at her students, and recognized a wide variety of emotions.
Back to top Go down
Lucy Malfoy
Adult
Lucy Malfoy

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Lesson I- Flobberworms and More.   Lesson I- Flobberworms and More. EmptyFri Aug 17, 2012 8:18 pm

"Well, I can't say it's my favourite place of the grounds either." James admitted, and smiled kindly. Lucy was a bit relieved that he had not been offended, although once she truly looked at the forest, an strange feeling ran up her spine.
What if everything Uncle Draco said is true? she thought.
"Has your family ever told you anything about it?" James asked her suddenly, interrupting her train of thought.
Lucy thought about it for a second, "Well, Uncle Draco always exaggerated everything about Hogwarts, so if he did, then I never listened." she admitted, glancing at him.

As they were about to enter, an owl brought a note to Professor Vega.
"Ella Fontayne?" She asked loudly, and Lucy saw a Slytherin girl walk forward to be greeted by the professor.
Lucy smiled at her before turning her attention to the Professor Vega.
"Okay. Everyone, Please stay close together. DO NOT wander off, as if you do, there will be great consequences." Lucy watched as she made sure the rules were clear to every single one of them present.
"Okay. Follow me." Professor Vega ordered as she entered the forest first. Taking a deep breath, she held on to James' robe, and after realizing what she was doing, she let go.
"Sorry." she said to him, half smiling.
She continued walking, following their teacher. Due to her nervousness and the fact that pretty much everyone in front of her was faster and taller than her, she had a hard time keeping her balance.
"Woah!" she said as she tripped over a fallen branch. Quickly, she stood up and brushed the dirt off her robes. "I'm okay." she said to Wade, as he had looked over to see what had happened.
They kept on walking, and soon they reached a small clearing, where a dark shadow was coming nearer.

"Don't worry. It's only Phrixus. An old friend of mine." Professor Vega informed them. As the shadow finally came into view, she held on to James' arm, who had been beside her, for she realized what the shadow was. It was a centaur. The most beautiful one she had ever seen, despite only having seen them in pictures. The centaur, a male, was big and strong. His hair, eyes and skin, were simply mesmerizing to her.

"Everyone, this is Phrixus. As you can see, today, you will also sketch a real-life centaur, for he has agreeded to assist in your learning." Professor Vega told them.
Lucy could not say anything, for she had nothing to say.
Back to top Go down
Ella Vega
Adult
Ella Vega

My Character
Activity: Adult, Trainee Auror

PostSubject: Re: Lesson I- Flobberworms and More.   Lesson I- Flobberworms and More. EmptySat Aug 18, 2012 1:38 am

Ella watched as an owl carried a note to the professor. She read it and looked up and called out, "Ella Fontayne?" I
stood up and walked toward her where she greeted me."It
is a pleasure to have you with us, Miss Fontayne. Miss Finningan and
Miss Lestrange will be part of your group for this year's project. That
means you are in Group C. " I nodded in understanding.
"Okay. Everyone, Please stay close
together.DO NOT wander off, as if you do, there will be great
consequences." Ella watched as she made sure all her students understood. "Okay. Follow me." Professor Vega said
as she ventured into the forest first. Ella stayed in the back of the group since she didn't know anyone. The walk wasn't long
but it was fairly tiring. Ella kept tripping over roots and running into cobwebs. They came to a dark clearing and saw a shadow.
Ella's stomach started doing flips when Professor Vega spoke up and said, "Everyone, this is Phrixus. As you can see, today,
you will also sketch a real-life centaur, for he has agreed to assist in your learning."
Ella's face lit up with excitement, she always wanted to see a centaur and here one was!
Back to top Go down
James Riddle
Adult
James Riddle

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Lesson I- Flobberworms and More.   Lesson I- Flobberworms and More. EmptySat Aug 18, 2012 3:27 am

"Well, Uncle Draco always exaggerated everything about Hogwarts, so if he did, then I never listened." Lucy replied. James suddenly recalled the name written on the first page of his copy of Quidditch Through the Ages. D.Malfoy. Draco Malfoy, he still remembered Aurora saying, well, he was Harry's enemy at Hogwarts. Lucy's uncle was none other than Harry Potter's biggest rival during their school years. James had figured that he was somehow connected to Lucy and Wade, but he had always imagined that he was their distant relative.

He was still pondering about that discovery when Professor Vega invited them to venture into the forest after making sure that they had understood her instructions. As they entered the woods, their surroundings progressively became darker, as the sunlight was partially blocked by tall trees. They seemed to be following some sort of track, but it was covered in leafs and branches, hindering their advance. James suddenly felt someone pulling his robe from behind. Turning around, he noticed Lucy was holding on to it. "Sorry." she said with smile, releasing it. "I don't mind." he responded, returning the smile. He continued making his way though the rough terrain, carefully choosing where to step. "Woah!" he heard Lucy exclaim. Facing her, he saw that she had fell, obviously tripping over something. "Are you okay?" he inquired, heading back towards her in order to help her stand up. However, when he arrived, she was already on her feet and sweeping her robe.

After several more minutes, they finally reached a small clearing. Noticing a silhouette approaching from the shades, James stepped back, carefully fixing it. When it was close enough for them to see it, his apprehension immediately turned into utter incredulity. He immediately recognized the majestic creature standing in front of them. A centaur. A real centaur. he thought, staring at it with amazement. He never could have imagined that this legendary being described in Muggle myths was actually real, and even less that he would have the opportunity to see one. Suddenly, he noticed that Lucy was holding on to his arm. Surprised, he reflexively glanced at her. As she seemed to be fixing the centaur, he just remained motionless, somewhat uncomfortable.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lesson I- Flobberworms and More.   Lesson I- Flobberworms and More. EmptySat Aug 18, 2012 11:11 am

The forest grew darker until Professor Vega led them into a sunlit clearing, somehow incongruous in the midst of all the shadowy trees. Then a man stepped towards them... or was it? Taller than any mortal, the rest of the creature soon followed the human-like part. It was a centaur, his fur the color of ash, yet touched with silver. Aurora could only gape in awe. Professor Vega greeted him, calling him Phrixus, and he responded likewise.

"Everyone, this is Phrixus. As you can see, today, you will also sketch a real-life centaur, for he has agreeded to assist in your learning."

I can't draw that! Aurora thought frantically, hoping that some of the others would be just as worried.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lesson I- Flobberworms and More.   Lesson I- Flobberworms and More. EmptySun Aug 19, 2012 1:16 am

As they walked into the forest, they came across dark shadow. In fear that they were all doomed, Keith began to back up slightly, before Professor Vega began to explain to them what was going on. "Don't worry. It's only Phrixus. An old friend of mine." She assured them, as the figure revealed himself as a centaur. "Everyone, this is Phrixus. As you can see, today, you will also sketch a real-life centaur, for he has agreeded to assist in your learning." She explained. Keith looked back at the centaur. He hoped his sketch would be good enough, as he wasn't a very good artist.
Back to top Go down
Wade Malfoy
Admin
Admin
Wade Malfoy

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Lesson I- Flobberworms and More.   Lesson I- Flobberworms and More. EmptySun Aug 19, 2012 9:51 pm

"Woah!" Lucy's voice was clear. Turning around, he saw she had fallen down. "I'm okay." She said to him, while cleaning her robes. Noticing that she had started to walk again, he kept close to her. Suddenly, a shadow became visible. Wade stopped walking for a second, not very sure of what to make of it. When the shadow finally became completely visble, Wade looked at it in awe. It was a centaur. Not thw kind he had seen in Pheonix's library, but a real one. His awe was interrupted, however, when he saw Lucy's arm grab onto James. Confused, he took Lucy by the hand and pulled her closer to himself. It was a strange feeling for him to see Lucy being comforted by another boy, as he had always been the one she held onto during scary situations.
Back to top Go down
Selene Greco
Adult
Selene Greco

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Lesson I- Flobberworms and More.   Lesson I- Flobberworms and More. EmptyTue Aug 21, 2012 12:26 am

Selene turned back to her students, who seemed to be in awe. Kindly, she spoke to one of her students.
"Mr. Riddle? I would like for you to inform us about your knowledge of centaurs. I know you said you knew mythological creatures from Muggle books, and I would like to know what you already know about them." she said to the Ravenclaw boy. Turning to antoher student, she spoke in the same manner she had done before, "Miss Fontayne? I would also like for you to share what you know about them."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lesson I- Flobberworms and More.   Lesson I- Flobberworms and More. Empty

Back to top Go down

Lesson I- Flobberworms and More.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next