Live the Magic!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
The Admins
Fast Links
Current time
SPRING
Year: 2034
Term: 13
Month: March

Term 13 until TBA
House Points
Chat Box
Vote For Us
Affiliates
Photobucket Shadowplay HOS The Beginning Magical World of Harry Potter THE GIRL IS DANGEROUS Hogwarts Academy

Click here to affiliate!
Latest topics
» Chances (Ariel)
Lesson one  EmptySat May 28, 2016 11:34 pm by Ariel Wilde

» HUGE REALLY VERY IMPORTANT UPDATE - PLEASE READ
Lesson one  EmptySat May 21, 2016 11:40 pm by Hunter VanDerberg

» Sunny Afternoon (Open to Anyone)
Lesson one  EmptyFri May 20, 2016 6:58 am by Marielle Prince

» An Unfortunate Accident (Open)
Lesson one  EmptyMon May 16, 2016 2:41 am by Marielle Prince

» Marielle Aveline Prince
Lesson one  EmptySun May 15, 2016 8:57 pm by Sky

» Claim a Face
Lesson one  EmptySun May 15, 2016 8:08 am by Marielle Prince

» AFFILIATE HERE
Lesson one  EmptyMon May 09, 2016 2:42 am by Ariadne O'Rieley

» My charries need something fot their life (a plots)
Lesson one  EmptyWed May 04, 2016 8:10 am by Jessica Kim

» The Gif Game 2.0
Lesson one  EmptyTue May 03, 2016 7:39 am by Humphrey Williams

» A Dying Trade (one of JETTS characters)
Lesson one  EmptyMon May 02, 2016 12:25 am by Augustus Beckett

» Wild Child [Ariadne]
Lesson one  EmptySun May 01, 2016 6:01 am by Ariadne O'Rieley

» History Of Magic Application
Lesson one  EmptyFri Apr 22, 2016 9:41 pm by Morgana Gaunt

» Semi - Activity Check!
Lesson one  EmptyFri Apr 22, 2016 11:56 am by Hunter VanDerberg

» EVELYN'S "DRAWINGS"
Lesson one  EmptySun Apr 17, 2016 10:30 pm by Morgana Gaunt

» I Won't Say I'm In Love (closed-one shot)
Lesson one  EmptySun Apr 17, 2016 5:18 pm by Miranda Cunningham

Lesson one

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

Lesson one  Empty
PostSubject: Lesson one    Lesson one  EmptyMon Jun 25, 2012 4:00 pm

Tarik was sitting on his table in the classroom waiting for his students. Charms were his favorite subject in Hogwarts, and on of his Excellent NEWTs. He had few minutes before lesson and he summoned his Violin and charmed it to play some nice peace of music. Tarik also decided to smoke one of his cigar so he light it and smoke it slowly. He was excited about the lesson. As he was smoking his cigar he thought it would be perfect to have a bit of Ogden's Old Firewhiskey but for now he will try to suppress this and then give in to it tonight. Tarik enjoyed his drinks but he never went over the line. He put out the cigar, removed the smoke form the room, placed Violin away, and wrote his name on the board.

He sat on the top desk with his suit unbuttoned. His wand close to him. He watched as students entered the room and sat on their desks, opened their bags and placed to their equipment. The bell rang and the class was on. "Welcome some of you know me, but for those who don't I am Tarik Terzic your Charms professor. I hope you are aware that this class can be a bit. . . challenging. There are many ups and downs to learning charms, since magic in general seems to create and destroy itself on a daily basis. I do hope that this class can bring the best out of all of you, as long as you are dedicated and have the will power to achieve greatness."his eyes seemed cold and warm at the same time. Yet he was demanding he had somewhat of a care for his students progress in the class. I hope you all brought your required books to study tonight. If not, you might have a more difficult time on understanding your first lesson of the year." Tarik waited to see if everyone are ready to proceed

"A charm is a type of enchantment that causes an object to behave in a way that is not otherwise normal for that object. . . or human, for those of you who would like a better understanding on what a charm really is......now,please turn to Chapter 1, Lesson 1, Page 4. The first charm you will be learning tonight is a levitating spell. Wingardium Leviosa (win-GAR-dee-um lev-ee-OH-sa). Also known as The Hover Charm, which is a charm used to make objects levitate. he waited a moment before continuing. ".....Wand edict is very important in this class and upon using charms in general. Some charms don't require hand movement but with some, like this one, does. The hand movement for Wingardium Leviosa is very specific: a swish and flick. These two movements must gracefully flow with your words. Let me demonstrate with this book!" turning around once more, he sat the book down on the desk behind him and walked around behind the desk so that the class can have a clear view of both the book and himself. "Now, watch how I execute this spell." Tarik moved his wand in characteristic hand gesture and said the words Wingardium Leviosa. As he said that the book raised slowly in the air. "Now....you see? I executed the spell gracefully and precisely. If you can do both of these things together, perfectly. You won't have any problem getting this spell before you leave class tonight and returning with mastering this spell, for homework." As he was saying that he slowly reduced his wand thus lovering the book to the table.

"I have provided you all with individual quills on your desk's in front of you. Your assignment right now is to try levitating it by using the example and tips I just gave you. If you have any questions feel free to ask them." As he said that he started walking down the aisle waiting for students to begin performing the charm.
Back to top Go down

Lesson one  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lesson one    Lesson one  EmptyMon Jun 25, 2012 4:41 pm

Aurora listened intently as Professor Terzic explained levitation. She opened her book to the specified page and studied the diagram of the wand movement carefully. She practiced swishing and flicking for some time, and to make sure she wasn't wasting too much time, she glanced around to see that other students were doing the same. When she thought she was ready, she moved her wand in the required motion and said firmly, "Wingardium Leviosa."

Nothing happened. Aurora sighed in disappointment and tried again. She met with frustration a few more times, so she went back to her book. Ah. That was it. Her swoosh was supposed to be long and drawn out. She had been rushing it. So she tried one more time.

"Wingardium Leviosa.". This time, something happened. The feather in front of her gently lifted off the desk, and floated a few inches above Aurora's head, before settling down in front of her again. Her face flushed with excitement, Aurora looked up at Professor Terzic to make sure he had seen.
Back to top Go down

Lesson one  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lesson one    Lesson one  EmptyMon Jun 25, 2012 8:32 pm

Isabella sat before the desk and listened as Professor Terzic explained the basics of the hover charm. She imagined the swish and flick movement in her mind as she reached for her bad to retreive her wand. When she had her wand grasped firmly in her hand, she pointed it carefully at the feather that was sitting on her desk, and she said,
"Wingardium Leviosa!" The feather fluttered feebly on her desk. She sighed and tried again. "Wingardium Leviosa!" The feather raised off her desk about an inch, and then fell of her desk. As she stood up and picked up her feather, she saw Professor Terzic walking down the aisle. Isabella nervously sat back down. She cleared her throat and then said, "Wingardium Leviosa!" This time the feather raised off her desk about an inch, and then fell back down. She looked up anxiously to see what Professor Terzic might have to say.
Back to top Go down

Lesson one  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lesson one    Lesson one  EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 11:27 am

Keith had managed to find the classroom just in time and listened to Professor Terzic as he explained the lesson and what they would be practicing today. After Professor Terzic finished explaining, Keith looked down at the quill on his desk. He picked up his wand carefully, wondering if he could manage to perfect the spell on the first try, or at least the first three tries. Keith pointed his wand at the quill. "Wingardium Leviosa!" He said clearly. The feather moved slightly, but didn't make it all the way off the desk. Keith took a deep breath. "Wingardium Leviosa!" Keith tried again, making the feather repeat it's previous actions. Keith sighed, wondering what he was doing wrong. Keith suddenly caught what he had messed up. He pointed his wand back at the quill. "Wingardium Leviosa!" He repeated, swishing and flicking his wand. This time, the feather floated swiftly off the desk, rising about four to five inches into the air, before letting it drop. Surprised with how fast he managed to caught on, Keith smiled, wondering what the Professor would say.
Back to top Go down
James Riddle
Adult
James Riddle

My Character
::
Activity: Adult

Lesson one  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lesson one    Lesson one  EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 3:10 pm

When the time came for his first Charms class, James headed calmly towards classroom 2E. Along the way, he noticed a few first year students nervously trying to figure out their way, lost in the ever-changing staircases. He had already seen them earlier and was pretty sure that they were also going to Charms, but he just moved on as he didn't want to be late. Even if he was only here a couple of days and that he was raised in a muggle family, James was so curious and amazed by the magic world that he probably already knew more about Hogwarts then some of the others. When he wasn't at the library reading about it, he loved roaming around the giant castle, unveiling its secrets, going wherever the moving staircases led him.

As he had planned, James reached the classroom shortly before the start of the lesson. He silently entered and sat down. He was captivated by the fascinating landscape that he could see through the big windows. Still so many places to discover, he thought.

James glanced at the Charms professor, sitting at his desk. He seemed quite young for a professor, but James was convinced that he was very skilled, even if he knew so little about magic. He carefully listened to what the teacher was saying, and watched in amazement while he was making his book levitate, using the spell that he was talking about. But, a few moments later, when mister Terzic asked them to do the same, James immediately went from fascinated to terrified. The only spell he had performed until now was the Wand Lighting spell, which was considered as one of the simplest ones. For some reason, he feared he wouldn't be able to cast more complicated ones like Wingardium Leviosa. What if it was all mistake, he thought, what if I'm not really a wizard and they send me back home?

With a shaky hand, he opened his book to page 4, and, trying to remember everything the professor said, he took out his wand. Closing his eyes, he did the required hand movement, and, with and unconvincing voice, said: "Wingardium Leviosa". After opening his eyes, he saw that the feather didn't move at all. Desperate, he turned to the others, and noticed that some of them were also having a hard time. A bit reassured, and determined not to let panic take over, James tried to calm down and took a deep breath. After a few seconds, he closed his eyes again, ready for a second try. You're trying too hard, just relax, he said to himself. After a few seconds, he closed his eyes again, ready for a second try. "Wingardium Leviosa". Just like the first time, he didn't feel a thing and as he feared the feather was immobile, seemingly as heavy as a rock. Glancing around, he noticed that the others had at least achieved some result. Unsure about whether to attempt the spell one more time or to wait for the professor, James remained motionless on his chair.

Last edited by James Riddle on Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:44 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Kim Frey
Admin
Admin
Kim Frey

My Character
Activity: Slytherin - Year 3, Radio Worker

Lesson one  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lesson one    Lesson one  EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 10:12 pm

Kim listened intently to all the words Professor Terzic was saying. When he finally introduced their first charm lesson, she was more than ready to perform the newly learned spell.

She knew that some magics need a wand to be effective but as the professor teaches them, wand movement is also important. She, then, turned her attention to her book and read on the following instructions. 'Clearness of speech, correct hand movement and concentration. Alright, I can do that,' Kim thought.

As the other students perform the spell and levitate their own quills, Kim felt the pressure of being a muggle-born. Though noticing that she isn't the only one that is a muggle -born in the room, she tried to focus one more time. 'Wingardium Leviosa. Wingardium Leviosa.'

Finally, Kim decided to perform the charm. She held a grip on her wand and chanted. Nothing happened. After many tries, she realized that concentration is more than important. It is where the quill gets energy to be levitated. Kim managed to levitate the quill for a matter of inches but it won't stay up until two seconds. 'Try again. There is still more time.'
Back to top Go down
http://thedrunktrain.blogspot.com
Lucy Malfoy
Adult
Lucy Malfoy

My Character
Activity: Slytherin Alumni, Auror, Flying Professor

Lesson one  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lesson one    Lesson one  EmptyTue Jul 03, 2012 1:48 am

She had been one of the first students to find the Charms classroom, and she was prepared to learn something today. However, as she sat down on her desk, she noticed a pretty quill. She shifted her attention to her professor, who was peacefully sitting on his desk. As class began he stood up and began talking. Although she tried to pay attention to what Professor Terzic explained to the class, the white quill in front of her eyes was just a bit too distracting for her. Professor Terzic's voice clearly demanded for the students to turn to page four, so that's what Lucy did. She watched as her Charms professor performed the levitating spell marvelously.
I wonder if I could do that on my first try...she wondered.
Looking around the room she saw the students that had already started were having troubles. With her beloved wand firmly in her hand, she focused on the quill and the words. Closing her eyes, taking a deep breath, and opening them again, she recited the words "Wingardium Leviosa" clearly and softly while trying to do the correct hand movement. The quill moved a little, but not enough to levitate.
"Ah, crap!" she said out loud as she prepared to try again, although a boy who sat motionless on his desk caught her attention. She had not seen this boy before, but he seemed to be having a hard time in class, as though he were afraid to use magic. Her thoughts had been too focused on the boy that she forgot to keep practicing the spell until she got a glance from a girl in her house that reminded her they were in class. Lucy went back to practicing.
Back to top Go down

Lesson one  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lesson one    Lesson one  EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 10:14 pm

“OK class this is nice for the first try, three points for everyone, you have to put some more determination in the spell, focus more on the object and the very act of levitating. Be sure to picture the quill in front of you levitating, let that thought of fulfill you let that be almost only one in your mind. Also you are wandering a bit off with that hand movement. Be sure for that to be elegant but firm. Like this ...” Tarik said to the class and after he was finished speaking Tarik moved his wand for the quills in the first rows and they moved in the air like one. As they dropped down Tarik said: “Now try the same yourself and I know you can succeed. Also next time better go without the harsh words. We do not speak that way in class.”
Back to top Go down
James Riddle
Adult
James Riddle

My Character
Activity: Adult

Lesson one  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lesson one    Lesson one  EmptyFri Jul 06, 2012 12:19 am

James stared at the professor with surprise. He had just earned three points, even if his feather didn't move an inch. Reassured and thinking that he must have done something right to receive such a reward, he took his wand to try to cast the spell one more time. In order to make sure that his hand movement was as fluid and precise as it was necessary, he practiced it one last time before attempting the charm. Once he made sure it was satisfactory, he pointed his wand at the feather lying on his desk. This time, rather than closing his eyes, he fixed his target and tried to imagine it taking off from the wooden surface. When he was certain that this image was all he had on his mind, he distinctively uttered the incantation and waited, holding his breath. At first, everything remained still, but unlike his first two attempts, James remained focused, his eyes riveted on the feather. After a few seconds, as if time had been slowed down, the quill gradually started soaring in the air, slightly swaying. Astonished by his success, James lost his concentration for a moment and the feather immediately dropped, gently landing on the desk. It's a start, James thought to himself, deeply relieved.
Back to top Go down
Kim Frey
Admin
Admin
Kim Frey

My Character
Activity: Slytherin - Year 3, Radio Worker

Lesson one  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lesson one    Lesson one  EmptyFri Jul 06, 2012 11:14 am

Kim kept her happiness inside for getting three additional points for her house but she knows that what she is doing in that phase isn't enough charm to be used properly. The best way to do is for her to continue mastering the charm.

She already managed to float the gentle quill four inches above the table. Watching her classmates do the specified charm, it made her insecure on how far the quill floats under the command of their wands. She breathed heavily, not minding the other's work. Instead, she managed to gather her concentration and move it towards the quill. Kim practiced to move her wand in the certain way the spell should be cast and the incantation itself. As soon as she was ready, she looked straight to the quill and thought on how high it should float around that time. "Wingardium Leviosa!" she said with assurance. Suddenly, the quill started to float but made an emphasis on the right side. Again, she focused on the charm she was using. Eventually, she managed to make the quill move and float on the desired position.

This time, Kim wasn't able to hide her feelings. Her happiness is too much to keep. She smiled, jumped a few inches while watching her quill fall. This was the first time she ever cast a charm in the proper manner with positive result.
Back to top Go down
http://thedrunktrain.blogspot.com
Lucy Malfoy
Adult
Lucy Malfoy

My Character
Activity: Slytherin Alumni, Auror, Flying Professor

Lesson one  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lesson one    Lesson one  EmptyFri Jul 06, 2012 6:27 pm

As Lucy continued practicing, she started feeling nervous. What if I can't do it?
Just as she was giving up hope on being able to cast this charm successfully, she decided to try one more time.
Inhaling, she grasped her wand tightly. She concentrated on the charm, the quill, and her hand movement. Once she felt ready, she exclaimed "Wingardium Leviosa!". The quill levitated about only three inches from her desk. It floated horizontally above her desk, and despite the fact that the quill had not levitated high enough, she felt very proud of herself. To ensure a better result, she kept practicing.
Back to top Go down

Lesson one  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lesson one    Lesson one  EmptySat Jul 07, 2012 8:29 pm

Aurora saw that some of the other students were having trouble with the spell. She was surprised that she had mastered it so quickly, and immediately decided to try more. Focusing on the feather, she raised her wand and said, "Wingardium Leviosa!" The feather rose high again, and Aurora concentrated on making it move across her desk and into the aisle. It began to do do, wobbling slightly, but then started to glow. Confused, Aurora leaned closer to it, only to have it blow up in her face. Coughing, she raised her hand and asked, "Professor, can I have a new feather?"
Back to top Go down

Lesson one  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lesson one    Lesson one  EmptySun Jul 15, 2012 11:38 pm

"Good Work everybody, five points for all for performing well. Now I would like for you to write me a short essay about the practical use of hovering charm it does not have to be long three inches will be enough. Plus you will have to practice the charm. I expect at the beginning of the next class for everyone to perform it fully. Class Dismissed" Tarik said to his students.
Back to top Go down
Sydney Hale
Adult
Sydney Hale

My Character
Activity: Ravenclaw - Year 2, Zonko's Joke Shop Worker

Lesson one  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lesson one    Lesson one  EmptyFri Mar 08, 2013 1:19 am

Sydney stared at the feather in front of her with a confused look on her face. She knew she was magic, but she doubted this was even possible. So with a doubtful tone she said," Wingardium Leviosa". But nothing happened. She groaned and tried again multiple times. But then, she heard her moms voice saying she ahd to believe. So, she tried that. with confidence in her voice she said, "Wingardium Leviosa". And she gasped when the feather floated into the air. "I did it!" She said.
Back to top Go down

Lesson one  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lesson one    Lesson one  EmptySat Mar 09, 2013 5:37 am

Miss Sydne Hale: This lesson has been put in the Archives section. Please Register here first. Then you can begin posting in Lesson 1 (here)

This topic is closed.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Lesson one  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lesson one    Lesson one  Empty

Back to top Go down

Lesson one
Page 1 of 1