Live the Magic!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
The Admins
Fast Links
Current time
SPRING
Year: 2034
Term: 13
Month: March

Term 13 until TBA
House Points
Chat Box
Vote For Us
Affiliates
Photobucket Shadowplay HOS The Beginning Magical World of Harry Potter THE GIRL IS DANGEROUS Hogwarts Academy

Click here to affiliate!
Latest topics
» Chances (Ariel)
Lesson Two EmptySat May 28, 2016 11:34 pm by Ariel Wilde

» HUGE REALLY VERY IMPORTANT UPDATE - PLEASE READ
Lesson Two EmptySat May 21, 2016 11:40 pm by Hunter VanDerberg

» Sunny Afternoon (Open to Anyone)
Lesson Two EmptyFri May 20, 2016 6:58 am by Marielle Prince

» An Unfortunate Accident (Open)
Lesson Two EmptyMon May 16, 2016 2:41 am by Marielle Prince

» Marielle Aveline Prince
Lesson Two EmptySun May 15, 2016 8:57 pm by Sky

» Claim a Face
Lesson Two EmptySun May 15, 2016 8:08 am by Marielle Prince

» AFFILIATE HERE
Lesson Two EmptyMon May 09, 2016 2:42 am by Ariadne O'Rieley

» My charries need something fot their life (a plots)
Lesson Two EmptyWed May 04, 2016 8:10 am by Jessica Kim

» The Gif Game 2.0
Lesson Two EmptyTue May 03, 2016 7:39 am by Humphrey Williams

» A Dying Trade (one of JETTS characters)
Lesson Two EmptyMon May 02, 2016 12:25 am by Augustus Beckett

» Wild Child [Ariadne]
Lesson Two EmptySun May 01, 2016 6:01 am by Ariadne O'Rieley

» History Of Magic Application
Lesson Two EmptyFri Apr 22, 2016 9:41 pm by Morgana Gaunt

» Semi - Activity Check!
Lesson Two EmptyFri Apr 22, 2016 11:56 am by Hunter VanDerberg

» EVELYN'S "DRAWINGS"
Lesson Two EmptySun Apr 17, 2016 10:30 pm by Morgana Gaunt

» I Won't Say I'm In Love (closed-one shot)
Lesson Two EmptySun Apr 17, 2016 5:18 pm by Miranda Cunningham

Lesson Two

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Lesson Two Empty
PostSubject: Lesson Two   Lesson Two EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 11:49 am

Tarik was getting ready for the next class, he was just placing the candles on the first tables, he knew that this would be the great trick to impress the students. Today they are going to learn Incendio spell the one for the lighting a fire on other objects. He first thought of lighting a fireplace, but it was a hot day and fireplace would only make it worse. He finished placing the candles and summoned the candle box for the students to light later on, beside his desk so they could not see it.

As he finished that he sat on his desk looking at the door waiting for students. He did not sat there long and first students started to appear and sit on their places, he remembered that he gave them a homework so when all students were present Tarik said: "OK I can see that only two of you finished their homework, I am a bit disappointed by this and I require an explanation why. We have some new students on the list and they could not know about the homework. So let me collect those homework" Tarik whispered "Accio" and all homework flew to him. "OK than James and Aurora will gain extra five points for this class. I would like for new students who are present to stand up and say a bit about themselves."
Back to top Go down

Lesson Two Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lesson Two   Lesson Two EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 11:54 am

Aurora rolled up her homework and put in into her bag. She had been pretty sure that Charms was her favorite subject, and after the Transfiguration fiasco, where her wand had emitted charms and fire, she was doubly certain.

Stepping off a staircase, which promptly set off in another direction, Aurora located the Charms classroom and entered. The first thing she noticed was a box full of candles sitting on the desk. Why would we need candles, she thought, [i]if we can light our wands?

Once more students had arrived, Professor Terzic began speaking. "OK I can see that only two of you finished their homework; I am a bit disappointed by this and I require an explanation why. We have some new students on the list and they could not know about the homework. So let me collect those homework." He said very softly, so softly Aurora almost missed it, "Accio," and the two rolls of paper flew to him. Aurora smiled. Of course Ravenclaw students would have done their homework. "OK than James and Aurora will gain extra five points for this class. I would like for new students who are present to stand up and say a bit about themselves."

Aurora smiled; five points in less than five minutes! She sat straight up in her seat to listen to the new students better. She assumed Wade would do this. She had met him at breakfast earlier and liked both him and his cousin, Lucy
Back to top Go down
James Riddle
Adult
James Riddle

My Character
::
Activity: Adult

Lesson Two Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lesson Two   Lesson Two EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 1:06 pm

James quickly walked through the corridor leading to Charms. Having forgotten his watch, he feared he might be late, even if it wasn't entirely his fault. He had indeed crossed paths with Peeves, the poltergeist who was roaming the Castle continuously looking for ways to put the students into trouble. This time, he was throwing water balloons at students who were passing through one of the corridors on the fourth floor. James, having seen the mayhem that was awaiting him, decided to take a detour in order to avoid it. However, since he still didn't know the Castle that well, he got lost after a series of moving stairs and long hallways. Finally, after what seemed an hour of fruitless wandering, he sighed when he perceived the familiar Charms classroom.

He wasn't late after all, as Aurora was the only student present. Relieved, he smiled at her, took a seat next to her, grabbed his book and homework from his bag and placed them on the desk in front of him. He glanced at the blackboard for indications on the subject of the lesson, but it was blank. Once the others arrived, Professor Terzic started the lecture, immediately pointing out that he was disappointed by the number of students who had done their homework. Congratulating himself on being one of them, he also felt rather surprised that almost all of his classmates had failed to achieve their task. His parchment, along with Aurora's, suddenly flew away towards the teacher, who, after briefly examining them, awarded five points to each of them. 10 other points, James thought, satisfied, as this would allow Ravenclaw to strengthen their lead in the House Cup. Professor Terzic then instructed the new students to introduce themselves. James had already seen them at Defence Against the Dark Arts, but he still didn't know much about most of them.
Back to top Go down
Kim Frey
Admin
Admin
Kim Frey

My Character
Activity: Slytherin - Year 3, Radio Worker

Lesson Two Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lesson Two   Lesson Two EmptySat Jul 28, 2012 12:26 am

Kim entered the room where the two Ravenclaws are already seated on their places. Afterwards, Professor Terzic told them about the homework that was supposed to be done. Homework? I didn't know there was a homework. Oh well. Kim said to herself.
Back to top Go down
http://thedrunktrain.blogspot.com
Lucy Malfoy
Adult
Lucy Malfoy

My Character
Activity: Slytherin Alumni, Auror, Flying Professor

Lesson Two Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lesson Two   Lesson Two EmptyWed Aug 01, 2012 3:06 am

Lucy felt a bit guilty as Professor Terzic told them about his disappointment in having only two students do homework. She had honestly been trying to get herself to do it, but she just couldn't. It had been a long week and she had forgotten about most of her homework. She sighed as she thought of what Professor Clark was going to say about her not turning in her Flying homework. Putting that thought aside, she raised her hand, ready to explain her reasons and accept the consequences.
Back to top Go down
Wade Malfoy
Admin
Admin
Wade Malfoy

My Character
Activity: Dark Wizard

Lesson Two Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lesson Two   Lesson Two EmptyWed Aug 01, 2012 5:22 am

Wade stood up, but as he had already heard of the incident with Lucy in History of Magic, he sat back down, and raised his hand instead. Lucy raised her hand too, and they both looked at each other. Lucy had a guilty look on her face, and he thought she was probably one of the ones who didn't do the homework.
Back to top Go down

Lesson Two Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lesson Two   Lesson Two EmptyWed Aug 01, 2012 6:06 am

Keith entered the room just as the Professor had began to talk. "OK I can see that only two of you finished their homework, I am a bit disappointed by this and I require an explanation why. We have some new students on the list and they could not know about the homework. So let me collect those homework" Tarik whispered "Accio" and all homework flew to him. "OK than James and Aurora will gain extra five points for this class. I would like for new students who are present to stand up and say a bit about themselves." Professor Terzic told the class.

Keith sighed, quite disappointed with himself for not completing the homework assignment. He took his seat. He looked around the classroom, trying to look for any new students. He saw classmates from his other classes, "James, Aurora, Kim..." He thought, scanning the room. He stopped when he saw two students raising their hands. "Two students from Slytherin House." He thought, noticing the Snake crests on their uniforms. He looked over at them, ready to listen to their introductions.

Back to top Go down
Wade Malfoy
Admin
Admin
Wade Malfoy

My Character

Lesson Two Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lesson Two   Lesson Two EmptyWed Aug 01, 2012 6:13 pm

Wade had waited for Professor Terzic to awknoledge him, but as he recalled his orders, "I would like for new students who are present to stand up and say a bit about themselves." Wade thought it wouldn't be too bad if he stood up and spoke.
Looking around to see if there were any other new students, he saw none, as everyone there pretty much knew each other already.
I guess this is okay then, he thought.
Slowly, but confidently, he stood up.
"Professor, I'm Wade. Wade Malfoy." he spoke, "I recently just arrived, and as you can see I was sorted into Slytherin. Um, I'm related to Lucy, and I don't have a father, so I live with my Uncle, and sometimes my mom cares for me." he sat back down. For a second, he thought he had said too much about himself to a bunch of strangers. Trying to make it seem like it was no big deal, Wade smiled at Lucy.
Back to top Go down
Lucy Malfoy
Adult
Lucy Malfoy

My Character

Lesson Two Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lesson Two   Lesson Two EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 2:10 am

Lucy noticed that Wade also had his hand up, when suddenly, he stood up.

"Professor, I'm Wade. Wade Malfoy. I recently just arrived, and as you can see I was sorted into Slytherin. Um, I'm related to Lucy, and I don't have a father, so I live with my Uncle, and sometimes my mom cares for me." With that last sentence, Lucy knew Wade was probably going to start rambling about Uncle Kellin. Wade had the habit of mentioning how his father was never around, but never in front of an audience. He turned to look at her, half-smiling, but Lucy knew he was not feeling okay. He had thought of Kellin, and now he would most likely not listen to Professor Terzic. Lucy smiled back, in an attempt to comfort him.
She did not take her hand down, however.
Back to top Go down

Lesson Two Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lesson Two   Lesson Two EmptyWed Aug 08, 2012 11:47 pm

"Ok I am glad that we all are acquainted now, so since we have some new students I would like to check weather they have copied your notes from the last class, and I can check that by asking them to demonstrate me new hover charm. So I would like for Wade who is the only one present of new students, by the way congrats on that, to demonstrate me the Hover Charm, while the rest of you can think of the answer tot he following question: What is Incendio charm and where do we use it. After Wade is done with demonstration I will call for copule of students to tell me the answer. And miss Malfoy I see you want to say something so speak up." Tarik said to students.
Back to top Go down
Kim Frey
Admin
Admin
Kim Frey

My Character
Activity: Slytherin - Year 3, Radio Worker

Lesson Two Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lesson Two   Lesson Two EmptyThu Aug 09, 2012 1:14 am

Kim thought about the question for a minute, knowing that she somewhat read it in one of her books. The language in the wizarding world is completely different form the world she grew up on. For the first time, she heard of a word called Incendio.

After so much thinking, she finally remembered that she did wrote it on the back of her charms book. She took it from her bag and began to read on her mind. 'The Fire-Making Spell (Incendio) is the incantation of a spell that set things alight.'

'We're going to build a fire on the classroom?' she thought to herself.
Back to top Go down
http://thedrunktrain.blogspot.com
James Riddle
Adult
James Riddle

My Character

Lesson Two Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lesson Two   Lesson Two EmptyThu Aug 09, 2012 10:38 am

While Professor Terzic was verifying that Wade had caught up with what they had done during their first lesson, he instructed the rest of his students to search information about the Incendio spell. Once he had found the right chapter in his textbook, James started thoroughly reading about the charm. It was apparently used to set a target on fire. Wondering if they would have to practice the spell during the lesson, as it seemed potentially dangerous, he suddenly realized that the set of candles the teacher had prepared were certainly destined to serve as targets. As Wade had still not finished with his demonstration, James started practicing the wand movement for the Fire Making Charm, in order to be sure he would master it by the time they had to attempt the spell.
Back to top Go down

Lesson Two Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lesson Two   Lesson Two EmptyThu Aug 09, 2012 12:12 pm

Aurora was jolted out of her slight daydream when Wade stood up and spoke. Seeing that no other new students were present, Professor Terzic told the students who had been there previously to look up the Incendio charm in their books. Aurora dug around in her book bag for a while before locating [ihe Standard Book of Spells, Grade 1[/i]. She flipped to the index, where Incendio was located among the Is. Flipping to page 10, Aurora read:

Incendio is the spoken incantation for the Fire-Summoning Charm. By making the motion demonstrated in the illustration below and saying the charm; fire, ranging from small flares to large bonfires, can be produced from thin air.

Alarmed, Aurora re-read the passage. It explained the candles on the desk, but did Professor Terzic really expect them to light fires in a room filled with so much wood? Aurora glanced at some of the other students, many of whom looked equally surprised and worried.
Back to top Go down
Wade Malfoy
Admin
Admin
Wade Malfoy

My Character

Lesson Two Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lesson Two   Lesson Two EmptyFri Aug 10, 2012 8:09 pm

"Professor, Lucy let me look over her notes, but I don't think I have the spell mastered." He paused, "I'll try it if you want me to." He asked Professor Terzic for a quill, as Lucy had told him they used them for the Hover Charm. Once he received it, Wade concentrated on the spell. Closing his eyes, he imagined the quill levitating. "Wingadium Leviosa." He said softly, a little embarrassed at having to show this in front of everyone. As he opened his eyes, he saw the quill had only gone up about an inch.
Not bad, he thought, but I can do better.
Back to top Go down
Lucy Malfoy
Adult
Lucy Malfoy

My Character

Lesson Two Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lesson Two   Lesson Two EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 12:19 am

"Professor, as shameful as it sounds, my excuse is that I simply forgot about it. I had the intention of doing it, but I got carried away with some other personal issues that I forgot." Lucy responded, once Professor Terzic gave her permission to speak.
"I am terribly ashamed to tell you this, Professor." she said, glancing at him to see if she could find any sign that let her know he was not mad at her.
Back to top Go down

Lesson Two Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lesson Two   Lesson Two EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 8:40 am

"Do not worry Lucy, I am disappointed about the homework, but I can live with most of you not working one. Let us just hope this wont happen anymore." Tarik said to Lucy and the class. "Mister Malfoy, that was good for the beginning but I expect you to master the spell for the next class, it will be important. And now to turn to the todays lesson Mister Riddle can you tell me what is Incendio spell, and miss Finnigan can you guess the dangers of performing the incendio spell?" Tarik said to the class.
Back to top Go down

Lesson Two Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lesson Two   Lesson Two EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 9:38 am

Wade had levitated the feather quite well for not having done it before. After congratulating him, Professor Terzic said, "Turn to the todays lesson Mister Riddle can you tell me what is Incendio spell, and miss Finnigan can you guess the dangers of performing the incendio spell?"

Aurora waited for James to explain, then raised her hand and told the classroom, "The Incendio charm is dangerous because, well, we could set the whole place aflame. Um, so that would be bad," she finished lamely.
Back to top Go down

Lesson Two Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lesson Two   Lesson Two EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 12:45 pm

Ok I am glad that we all are acquainted now, so since we have some new students I would like to check weather they have copied your notes from the last class, and I can check that by asking them to demonstrate me new hover charm. So I would like for Wade who is the only one present of new students, by the way congrats on that, to demonstrate me the Hover Charm, while the rest of you can think of the answer tot he following question: What is Incendio charm and where do we use it. After Wade is done with demonstration I will call for copule of students to tell me the answer. And miss Malfoy I see you want to say something so speak up." Professor Terzic told the class.

Keith thought for a second. The Incendio charm was the Fire-Making spell, he knew that much. He opened up his textbook and began flipping through the pages until he found the correct page for Incendio. He read the small passage to find that his answer was correct, but he wasn't sure of where they would use it. He looked up at Professor Terzic's desk to notice candles set out. Would they be using Incendio in the classroom? He wasn't sure of how it would work out, but he hoped it wouldn't get out of hand.
Back to top Go down
James Riddle
Adult
James Riddle

My Character

Lesson Two Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lesson Two   Lesson Two EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 7:19 am

"And now to turn to the todays lesson Mister Riddle can you tell me what is Incendio spell, and miss Finnigan can you guess the dangers of performing the incendio spell?" Professor Terzic announced after finishing his talk with Lucy and Wade. James raised his gaze from his textbook to the teacher, slightly startled to be personally designated by him, as professors would usually let volunteers answer questions, enabling him to stay unnoticed. "Of course, professor." he replied after a moment. "The Fire-Making Spell, whose incantation is Incendio, is used to set a target on fire."
Back to top Go down

Lesson Two Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lesson Two   Lesson Two EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 10:41 am

"Good answer from both of you. Yes Incendio is essentially a fire making spell and it does pose danger of setting this whole place on fire. But miss Finnigan what do you think is the reason behind losing control and lighting entire place up?" Tarik said to his students.
Back to top Go down

Lesson Two Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lesson Two   Lesson Two EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 3:20 pm

"Miss Finnigan, what do you think is the reason behind losing control and lighting entire place up?"

Aurora hadn't expected to be asked anouther question, so the answer didn't come immediately to her mind. "We are young and inexperienced, so we can't control our magic very well," she eventually said.
Back to top Go down

Lesson Two Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lesson Two   Lesson Two EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 4:01 pm

"That is true for young students, but even old and experienced ones sometimes lose control. What I am asking you is your opinion on why one wizard lose control and burn down a house and the other one do not. Also do not feel threatened by this I am just trying to get you to figure out things for yourselves instead of simply teaching it to you, process is much easier and you can learn more this way." Tarik tried to confort his student.
Back to top Go down
Lucy Malfoy
Adult
Lucy Malfoy

My Character

Lesson Two Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lesson Two   Lesson Two EmptyFri Aug 17, 2012 7:53 pm

Lucy was glad Professor Terzic had not been angry, and as he spoke, she paid attention. She thought about his questions, even though Aurora was the one supposed to answer, but when he asked one more, it seemed that Aurora could not say anything, so she raised her hand.
"Wouldn't losing control have more to do with concentration rather than with experience?" she asked Professor Terzic.
Back to top Go down

Lesson Two Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lesson Two   Lesson Two EmptyFri Aug 17, 2012 9:49 pm

"That is well said Lucy", Tarik said while turning to her, "That is good thinking, can you expand on that, what is inside of us that determines the size of spell and precision of the spell?" Tarik asked Lucy.
Back to top Go down
James Riddle
Adult
James Riddle

My Character

Lesson Two Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lesson Two   Lesson Two EmptySat Aug 18, 2012 2:18 am

Listening to Lucy's answer, James thought of something he wanted to ask the teacher. Though he didn't like intervening during lessons, Professor Terzic was telling them about the factors that determine one's mastery of a spell, which was crucial for many of their classes. Timidly raising his hand, he waited for Lucy to finish developing her idea before talking.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Lesson Two Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lesson Two   Lesson Two Empty

Back to top Go down

Lesson Two
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next