Live the Magic!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
The Admins
Fast Links
Current time
SPRING
Year: 2034
Term: 13
Month: March

Term 13 until TBA
House Points
Chat Box
Vote For Us
Affiliates
Photobucket Shadowplay HOS The Beginning Magical World of Harry Potter THE GIRL IS DANGEROUS Hogwarts Academy

Click here to affiliate!
Latest topics
» Chances (Ariel)
Lesson Two - Page 2 EmptySat May 28, 2016 11:34 pm by Ariel Wilde

» HUGE REALLY VERY IMPORTANT UPDATE - PLEASE READ
Lesson Two - Page 2 EmptySat May 21, 2016 11:40 pm by Hunter VanDerberg

» Sunny Afternoon (Open to Anyone)
Lesson Two - Page 2 EmptyFri May 20, 2016 6:58 am by Marielle Prince

» An Unfortunate Accident (Open)
Lesson Two - Page 2 EmptyMon May 16, 2016 2:41 am by Marielle Prince

» Marielle Aveline Prince
Lesson Two - Page 2 EmptySun May 15, 2016 8:57 pm by Sky

» Claim a Face
Lesson Two - Page 2 EmptySun May 15, 2016 8:08 am by Marielle Prince

» AFFILIATE HERE
Lesson Two - Page 2 EmptyMon May 09, 2016 2:42 am by Ariadne O'Rieley

» My charries need something fot their life (a plots)
Lesson Two - Page 2 EmptyWed May 04, 2016 8:10 am by Jessica Kim

» The Gif Game 2.0
Lesson Two - Page 2 EmptyTue May 03, 2016 7:39 am by Humphrey Williams

» A Dying Trade (one of JETTS characters)
Lesson Two - Page 2 EmptyMon May 02, 2016 12:25 am by Augustus Beckett

» Wild Child [Ariadne]
Lesson Two - Page 2 EmptySun May 01, 2016 6:01 am by Ariadne O'Rieley

» History Of Magic Application
Lesson Two - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 22, 2016 9:41 pm by Morgana Gaunt

» Semi - Activity Check!
Lesson Two - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 22, 2016 11:56 am by Hunter VanDerberg

» EVELYN'S "DRAWINGS"
Lesson Two - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 17, 2016 10:30 pm by Morgana Gaunt

» I Won't Say I'm In Love (closed-one shot)
Lesson Two - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 17, 2016 5:18 pm by Miranda Cunningham

Lesson Two

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Lucy Malfoy
Adult
Lucy Malfoy

My Character
::
Activity: Slytherin Alumni, Auror, Flying Professor

Lesson Two - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lesson Two   Lesson Two - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 20, 2012 11:56 pm

"That is well said Lucy", Professor Terzic told her, "That is good thinking, can you expand on that, what is inside of us that determines the size of spell and precision of the spell?" He asked.
Lucy thought about that for a couple seconds, but she could not come up with an answer.
"Umm, well, I'm not sure. Will? Determination? Maybe motivation? Like, if you want to cast a spell to stay alive, then I guess the strength of your spell should and will be stronger, because due to natural instinct, you shouldn't get distracted if you want to live. It's just a guess though." she said, hoping to at least be close to the real answer.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lesson Two   Lesson Two - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 21, 2012 1:02 am

"As it happens you are right on all three things. Will and Determination are most important with making a spell, if you are determined to burn something to pile of ashes than your magical gift will find a way to do it. Of course knowledge of the spell is important for exercising a control over that spell, but it is not crucial for the creation of the magic itself. As you all have experienced before coming here you were able to do some sort of magic when scared or confused and you did not know any spell. That is pure form of magic that exists in everyone with magical gifts but it is hard to control magic in that way and that is why we have spells so you will need to learn spells and incantations in order to perform them good. And of course as Lucy have pointed out motivation being third and maybe most important factor in the equation of magic. You need to use your brains to motivate yourself into action and precisely that motivation is what fules the magic within us, and the example Lucy gave is correct because there is no bigger motivation than to save your own life and in that particular case every spell you cast will be as strong as it gets. So your task as a wizard or witch is to find the right combination of peace of mind, concentration, will and determination to jumpstart the motivation for the casting of one spell. You need to practise your brains and keep them motivated in every task you do no matter how much you do not want to do it." Tarik said to his students preparing to show them the todays spell

"So as you must have guessed by discussion up to know we are learning the Incendio spell today. That spell is as mister Riddle noted a fire making spell and its most basic use is for lighting certain objects" As Tarik said that he pointed the wand upwards and thought "Incendio" in his mind, and as he thought of that word all candles in the front row slowly light. Tarik stopped the spell and fire slowly wend down. Tarik looked to the reaction of the students saying the following "With mastery of the spell you will be able to light multiple objects and control fire and any way you want, so this spell enables you to control one of the greatest forces around. But you are far from that level. For the beginning I will be satisfied if you light the flames and hold it for thirty seconds." Tarik waved his wand and candles from the box flown up and dispersed towards students setting in front of them. "In order to light the candle I urge you to use what we have discussed earlier and try not to burn down the classroom" Tarik said with a little laughter in his voice. "To produce fire you need to focus on the cande and say the incantation 'INCENDIO' take your time do not rush and try to do the task appointed to you." Tarik said moving to lean his back on his desk.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lesson Two   Lesson Two - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 21, 2012 10:18 am

The pure form of magic... the secrets of the ancient library... The words echoed through Aurora's mind. If there was a way to control that magic, whoever could do so would be unbelievably powerful. Which is why they had to be stopped. Wait, where did that come from? Aurora wondered. Who has to be stopped? But the tiny hint from the back of her mind had disappeared. She wanted to pound the desk in frustration, but she was in a classroom. Tuning back into Professor Terzic, she thought, Incendio, Incendio. Shouldn't be too hard, I made fire in Transfiguration.

She pointed her wand at the candle and took a deep breath. "Incendio," she said determinedly. A brief flare appeared at the end of the candle, but sputtered and died before it could grow. Aurora frowned. Why hadn't that worked? Fire had come to her so naturally in Transfiguration. Unless that was the pure form, and for some reason she was able to control that more easily... There it was again! Something was telling her that the ancient library was real, it had to be real. Aurora turned around in her seat to look at James, her comrade in the search for ancient magic. What if, what if. Maybe everyone had a specialty of pure magic that they could control more easily. Maybe the library wasn't lost, or maybe certain scrolls were left behind. Maybe there were clues that could lead them to the library, but they were hidden. Aurora sighed and looked back at the candle in front of her. She could think about this later. For now, she needed to do this.
Back to top Go down
James Riddle
Adult
James Riddle

My Character
Activity: Adult

PostSubject: Re: Lesson Two   Lesson Two - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 12:45 am

James lowered his hand, since Professor Terzic didn't seem to have noticed him. James had planned on asking whether strong feelings such as fear or anger could also, in certain situations, be an important factor in determining the control and power of a spell, but the teacher answered that question in his explanation anyways, calling it a "pure form of magic". That was the same term Professor Clark had used to describe magic at its beginning, that ancient, powerful yet unstable kind of magic whose secrets were presumably held in the lost library.

After demonstrating them how the Fire-Making charm worked, Professor Terzic invited them to try it themselves. James took out his wand from his pocket and nervously stared at the candle. In addition to his usual fear that he would not manage to cast the spell successfully, he now also slightly apprehended burning down the room, after all that talk about losing control. Pointing his wand at the target, James clearly imagined the expected result in his head and distinctively pronounced the incantation. Its tip suddenly emitted a light wave of warm air, but there was no sign of flames. Trying to figure out what he was doing wrong, he remembered the teacher waving his wand in the shape of an upside down letter V when performing the charm. With that in mind, he prepared to try again.

"Incendio". Immediately, a blaze appeared on the tip of the candle. However, surprised by his success and by the heat that the spell provoked around his hand, James lost focus, dropping his wand, and the flame instantly disappeared. Glancing around to see where it had fell, he noticed Aurora was looking at him. Although slightly embarrassed that she had to witness his clumsiness, he smiled at her. She seemed concerned, but before he could ask her about it, she turned her attention back to her candle.

The goal of the task being to make the fire last for at least thirty seconds, James picked up his wand and pointed it at the candle again, now aware of what to expect. This time, the fire survived for twenty seconds, until he glanced at his watch to see how much longer he had to hold on, which made him lose his concentration. Learning from his mistakes, he made sure that the required time had passed before checking the clock on his following attempt. Satisfied, he then lowered his wand and turned his attention to his classmates.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lesson Two   Lesson Two - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 2:58 am

After watching Professor Terzic's demonstration on how to perform that Fire-Making charm, Keith took a slow and deep breath, almost as if he was procrastinating. He picked up his wand and stared at the candle in front of him. He was terrified he would accidentally catch something else on fire. Keith imagined how the spell would turn on and how it would look on the candle after he finished. He imagined no fires in the room, thank God. He imagined a small flame lighting the candle. He cautiously lifted his wand towards the candle.

"Incendio!" He tried, as he waved his wand in the shape of an upside down letter V, as instructed by Professor Terzic. Almost immediately, a small trace of fire whipped from his wand and formed on the fuse of the candle. Quite shocked that he had succeeded on the first time, he managed to keep his focus, but soon lost it and the flame faded.

He sighed. He brought his wand back up towards the candle. "Incendio!" He repeated, and just as it happened before, a small flame lit atop the fuse of the candle. Keeping his focus and remaining in a concentrated state, he managed to keep the flame going. He kept it going for what felt about fifteen seconds, before letting it die down.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lesson Two   Lesson Two - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 30, 2012 2:28 pm

Kathrine Had been standing at the door for a while listening to the class. "Incendio!!" She heard someone say "Ohh so thats what we are learning today" She thought "This will be easy" She slowly raised her hand and then lowered it "But what if i get in trouble? I have a good exuse though!!" She slowly raised her hand and Knocked
Back to top Go down
Wade Malfoy
Admin
Admin
Wade Malfoy

My Character
Activity: Dark Wizard

PostSubject: Re: Lesson Two   Lesson Two - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 31, 2012 12:33 pm

Wade placed his candle directly in front of him, and began concentration. He had never even thought of attempting this, and it scared him a little.
"Okay, I can do this." He murmured to himself.
With a wave of his wand, and the incantation said, Wade's candle lit up. In fact, it wasn't even a flame, but a spark that appeared at the top of it; quick and small.
"Hmm." He said, looking at the candle after the spark had disappeared. "Guess I'll try again."
Again, with a wave of his wand and the incantation said, the spark appeared again, only this time it was a bit bigger.
"Really?" he asked himself. "Ugh, again it is then."
He tried once more, and this time, he managed to make a flame appear, although it went out as soon as it did.
Frustrated, Wade realized that was probably what was making him fail.
"Okay, maybe if I calm down things will get easier."
He raised his head up and closed his eyes, letting the warmth of the room come to him. After a few seconds of breathing deeply, calming down, he decided to try again.
This time the flame that appeared at the top of the candle was stronger and stayed for a little while.
Wade smiled to himself, until the flame went out, which was when his mouth dropped.
"Really!?" he said, "Professor? I think I'm doing something wrong..."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lesson Two   Lesson Two - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 31, 2012 3:20 pm

I wonder if they are out she thought "Really!?" she heard\ . Yeah they are here. But why Aren't they answering?
Back to top Go down
Lucy Malfoy
Adult
Lucy Malfoy

My Character
Activity: Slytherin Alumni, Auror, Flying Professor

PostSubject: Re: Lesson Two   Lesson Two - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 01, 2012 4:41 am

Lucy sat straight, looking at the candle in front of her.
"How am I supposed to do that?" She said outloud, more to herself than to anyone else. Decided to at least give it a try, she prepared her wand, concentrated, and said "Incendio" as clearly as she could. Almost immediately after, a bright flame appeared above the tip of her candle. She managed to keep concentrated enough for the flame to burn for about ten seconds, and then she decided to put it out.
Back to top Go down
Kim Frey
Admin
Admin
Kim Frey

My Character
Activity: Slytherin - Year 3, Radio Worker

PostSubject: Re: Lesson Two   Lesson Two - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 01, 2012 4:48 am

Kim was very excited but nervous at the same time, attempting the fire that could burn the castle down. Though she knows that Professor Terzic is applicable for the job to watch their move all the time, she was not sure if she can control it considering that this will be her first time. She studied all the things that she needed in order to cast it successfully. She grabbed her wand from her robe and held a tight grip around its handle. She pointed it on the candle and focused on the spell. 'Incendio.. Fire.. Candle..' She took a deep breath and whispered, 'Incendio.' As usual, nothing happened.

She was quite used to it by now, learning all the spells in one meeting. It was not a surprise for her to fail in the first try. Though, she saw that some of them already made a great progress on their candles. 'Incendio!" Nothing. She let her wand breath for a while by letting her grip soften on its handle. She didn't know what to do next. She sat down, made a few tries but nothing seems to be working on her part. At that moment, she thought of the two things that a witch should know in casting a spell. Incantation and the Wand Movement. Maybe one of them is the thing she is lacking right now.

Saying the word Incendio again and again made her feel that she's dumb but she doesn't have any choice but to do it. As soon as she thought that it was enough, she took her wand again and practiced the wand movement. After sometime, she decided to get some determination again and try the spell one more time.

"Incendio!" At last, the tip of the candle made a small spark but it didn't produce any fire at all. She smiled at that moment. She knew that all fire starts in a small spark. In this way, she believed on herself again, knowing that she can cast a fire at that small beginning.
Back to top Go down
http://thedrunktrain.blogspot.com

PostSubject: Re: Lesson Two   Lesson Two - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 01, 2012 8:22 am

Aurora noticed that everyone else was trying the spell and managing to hold it for a while. Sighing, she concentrated on the tip of the candle. "Incendio!" she said. Only the feeble spark she had produced before appeared. What am I doing wrong? she thought. Reaching down into the depths of her being, Aurora called up the fire she had produced in Transfiguration. Once she felt it rushing up to her wand, Aurora said forcefully, "Incendio!" The fire poured out of her wand and burned down the whole candlestick.

Ashamed of both her failure and her deception of making the others think she had made fire through the spell, Aurora buried her face in her hands to hide.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lesson Two   Lesson Two - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 16, 2012 10:01 pm

ooc: Sorry for me not being online before now, but I had some work to do and did not exactly had time.

“It would seem someone is at the door, Come in please, and introduce yourself.” Tarik said to his students. “OK I am satisfied for this try you have made progress but you need to concentrate more on your spell in order to succeed it. Like we discussed earlier determination and clarity of mind is most important in performing a spell.I want you to focus on the candle and picture the flame. Try to make it as clear representation in your mind as you can. Try to picture the flame moving and dancing on the candle, details are most important in this. So when you do that go and try spell again.” Tarik instructed its students
Back to top Go down
Shah Chelsea Hazel
Admin
Admin
Shah Chelsea Hazel

My Character
Activity: Adult, Trainee Auror

PostSubject: Re: Lesson Two   Lesson Two - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 22, 2012 6:53 am

Shah sprinted to the charms room. She was very late. She walked into the classroom and said to the professor, "Sorry Professor Terzic. I was doing something and I totally forgot about Charms." Then she smiled and said, "I'm Shah Chelsea Hazel."
Back to top Go down
Kim Frey
Admin
Admin
Kim Frey

My Character
Activity: Slytherin - Year 3, Radio Worker

PostSubject: Re: Lesson Two   Lesson Two - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 22, 2012 12:17 pm

Upon hearing Professor Terzic's advice, Kim became to determined to try again. She took her wand out and before casting the spell, she closed her eyes picturing the flame she wants to create. The color blue at the bottom and the yellow on its top, flickering upon the spell. She opened her eyes and clearly exclaimed, "Incendio!" Finally, the flame that she is imagining became true. Her candle's tip was suddenly on flame. She tried to shout for joy since she successfully performed the spell.
Back to top Go down
http://thedrunktrain.blogspot.com
James Riddle
Adult
James Riddle

My Character
Activity: Adult

PostSubject: Re: Lesson Two   Lesson Two - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 22, 2012 9:13 pm

After listening to Professor Terzic's explanation, James prepared to attempt to cast the charm one more time, despite already having successfully performed it. Closing his eyes, he pictured the flame in his mind, concentrating on the details just like the teacher had indicated. As he had already executed the wand movement several times, he could now do it nearly perfectly. "Incendio" he uttered, moving his wand in the shape of an upside down letter V. Opening his eyes, he found a warm flame dancing on the tip of his candle.

Glancing to his right, James noticed Aurora had covered her face with her hands, while her candlestick was utterly melted down. "It's not that bad, you could have burned down the whole room." he said with a smile, trying to comfort her. "Here, you can use mine." he added, pushing his candle towards her.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lesson Two   Lesson Two - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 23, 2012 11:12 am

"Thanks," Aurora whispered. She wasn't ready to voice her suspicions about the pure form of magic yet, especially as there were a bunch of other students around. "Incendio," she said, a little more confident this time. A little flame appeared at the top of the candlestick. Though it stayed there for barely ten seconds, Aurora began to feel a little bit better. After repeating the spell several times, the flame held for about thirty seconds. Releasing the magic, Aurora let out her pent-up breath. She had finally done it. "Incendio," she said, marveling at how easily the little fire sprouted from her wand. She waved her wand around, and the fire moved too, so fiery pictures and lines played in the air in front of her.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lesson Two   Lesson Two - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 23, 2012 10:48 pm

"No problem miss Hazel about you being late this one time, but I would require you from the next class to come regularly. Good job for the rest of you, now I would require for rest who did not performed spell to perform them. And for you Hazel I would require you to focus on the tip of the candle infront of you and picture it top being in flames and say Incendio." Tarik said to his students.
Back to top Go down
Shah Chelsea Hazel
Admin
Admin
Shah Chelsea Hazel

My Character
Activity: Adult, Trainee Auror

PostSubject: Re: Lesson Two   Lesson Two - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 08, 2012 2:57 pm

Shah nodded. She focussed on the tip of the candle. It was tough, but after some time she could feel the power in her veins. She pointed her wand and said, "Incendio." The candle didn't even move.

She tried again. "Incendio." This time the light flickered but then it went off again. She sighed frustratedly and looked around if anyone else had got it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lesson Two   Lesson Two - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Lesson Two
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2