Live the Magic!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
The Admins
Fast Links
Current time
SPRING
Year: 2034
Term: 13
Month: March

Term 13 until TBA
House Points
Chat Box
Vote For Us
Affiliates
Photobucket Shadowplay HOS The Beginning Magical World of Harry Potter THE GIRL IS DANGEROUS Hogwarts Academy

Click here to affiliate!
Latest topics
» Chances (Ariel)
The Target [Hunter] EmptySat May 28, 2016 11:34 pm by Ariel Wilde

» HUGE REALLY VERY IMPORTANT UPDATE - PLEASE READ
The Target [Hunter] EmptySat May 21, 2016 11:40 pm by Hunter VanDerberg

» Sunny Afternoon (Open to Anyone)
The Target [Hunter] EmptyFri May 20, 2016 6:58 am by Marielle Prince

» An Unfortunate Accident (Open)
The Target [Hunter] EmptyMon May 16, 2016 2:41 am by Marielle Prince

» Marielle Aveline Prince
The Target [Hunter] EmptySun May 15, 2016 8:57 pm by Sky

» Claim a Face
The Target [Hunter] EmptySun May 15, 2016 8:08 am by Marielle Prince

» AFFILIATE HERE
The Target [Hunter] EmptyMon May 09, 2016 2:42 am by Ariadne O'Rieley

» My charries need something fot their life (a plots)
The Target [Hunter] EmptyWed May 04, 2016 8:10 am by Jessica Kim

» The Gif Game 2.0
The Target [Hunter] EmptyTue May 03, 2016 7:39 am by Humphrey Williams

» A Dying Trade (one of JETTS characters)
The Target [Hunter] EmptyMon May 02, 2016 12:25 am by Augustus Beckett

» Wild Child [Ariadne]
The Target [Hunter] EmptySun May 01, 2016 6:01 am by Ariadne O'Rieley

» History Of Magic Application
The Target [Hunter] EmptyFri Apr 22, 2016 9:41 pm by Morgana Gaunt

» Semi - Activity Check!
The Target [Hunter] EmptyFri Apr 22, 2016 11:56 am by Hunter VanDerberg

» EVELYN'S "DRAWINGS"
The Target [Hunter] EmptySun Apr 17, 2016 10:30 pm by Morgana Gaunt

» I Won't Say I'm In Love (closed-one shot)
The Target [Hunter] EmptySun Apr 17, 2016 5:18 pm by Miranda Cunningham

The Target [Hunter]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Morgana Gaunt
Admin
Admin
Morgana Gaunt

My Character
::
Activity: Junior Undersecretary to the Minister of Magic

The Target [Hunter] Empty
PostSubject: The Target [Hunter]   The Target [Hunter] EmptyWed Jun 11, 2014 7:30 pm

After working every day for a week now, Morgana was relieved to know she could take the afternoon slow, doing some proper work: homework. She didn't enjoy it as much as she would've thought she would. The classes hadn't lived up to her expectations. She had expected to be learning much more powerful things than how to make costumes, how to make love potions, or how to topple first years. Of course, professor Malfoy seemed to have something more interesting up his sleeve. But she was annoyed at how easy the lessons were, and how little she got to learn that could actually make her powerful.

Morgana decided to leave the Slytherin common room. She would rather not meet anyone there. After Lucy graduated, there really was no more interesting Slytherins. Well, apart from Maya. But Morgana hadn't seen Maya around lately, and thought her chances of bumping into Tor would be higher. And she did not like that prospect.

So she packed up her backpack and walked out of the common room and into the dungeon. She wondered for a brief moment on where to go when she decided on the outsides. Sure, it was still a bitter cold in the air, but though Morgana preferred the warm sun, she didn't mind the cold. Not when she had her warm cloak. So she would do some thinking in the courtyard.

As she reached the stone square she walked over to one of the marble sills positioned around the yard. She sat down, leaning against the column and putting her backpack in front of her feet. She dragged out a DaDA book and found the pages on werewolves and their weaknesses. If she were to help Ryland, she ought to know what she was helping him with, and how to protect herself. Now, all she needed was…

A target.
Back to top Go down
Hunter VanDerberg
Admin
Admin
Hunter VanDerberg

My Character
Activity: Trainee Auror

PostSubject: Re: The Target [Hunter]   The Target [Hunter] EmptyWed Jun 11, 2014 8:27 pm

Hunter's mood had been all over the place lately. It just depended on who he was with and how he had woken up feeling in the morning. Usually, when he was around his friends, he was the same obnoxious, joke-cracking Hunter that most people knew him as. Possibly too much so, and sometimes he wondered if they picked up on how hard he was trying to appear normal. Sometimes, in those moments, he could almost forget that that wasn't really him anymore. Would it ever be him again? Would he ever be happy and loud and sociable without having to try?

When Hunter wasn't with his friends, he sank into an irritable silence. He didn't lash out at anyone, or cause anyone problems. He just - kept to himself. Something nobody seemed to think he was capable of until it happened. If Hunter was asked at the beginning of the year, he would have bet any amount of money that he would never be this way - but he was. Without Aoife, his life was just so much less - something. Happy maybe? Complete? It felt all wrong to look the other way every time he saw her. Still, it felt wrong, after so long. Despite the time they'd spent apart and the time he'd been spending with Seren, Hunter couldn't crush the regret in his stomach every time he walked by her without saying a word.

Either way, now was one of those times where Hunter wasn't with his friends, and he made his way quickly through the hallways to the clock tower. He'd been inside all day, and wanted to escape the castle at least for an hour or so before he was trapped once again. The clock tower courtyard was still outside, but close enough to the castle that he could head back inside in a second if Aoife turned up or if somebody decided to bother him.

Hunter took in a breath of fresh air as he stepped out into the courtyard, and was glad to see that it was basically deserted. The only person in sight was Morgana - that was fine, because Morgana was the least likely person to bother him. Hunter didn't even look at her and made his way to one of the collumns near Morgana - only choosing one in her vicinity because it was closer to the doors if he needed to make a quick escape - and slid down to the ground, leaning his head back against the cold stone and closing his eyes. Why did he have so many thoughts? All he wanted was to get rid of every thought in his mind and not be bothered by anyone.

Suddenly, he realized that he was starting to sound a lot like someone else, and he turned his gaze to Morgana for the first time since he'd noticed her. She was just sitting there, focusing on her book with her typical cold stare. She was so - unfeeling. How? And why? And why couldn't Hunter be more like that? To honestly not care about anything around him? That would be a blessing at this point. And he couldn't help the words escaping his mouth, though he should really know better by now.

"How do you do that?" She would know that he was talking to her. She was the only other person there. His voice was tired, but curious. "Just push everyone out and not care about anything?" Well, that wasn't true completely. She had cared about Lucy, that time that Hunter had went with them to help Ryland. She'd even threatened Hunter if he were to let what he saw slip. But otherwise - Hunter didn't know Morgana well, but he was observant, and he knew that she didn't care about the world around her. Not like he did. He analyzed her face, realizing for the first time that she was as beautiful as she was terrifying. "You're really pretty and everything, but I've never seen you with anybody. Because you don't want anything to do with it," he said, his voice not a question. Maybe he was reading her wrong, but he didn't think so. "How?" How could Hunter do the same? How could he not want anything to do with Aoife? He didn't even think about the repercussions. She could ignore him. Or leave. Or hex him. What difference did it make?
Back to top Go down
Morgana Gaunt
Admin
Admin
Morgana Gaunt

My Character

PostSubject: Re: The Target [Hunter]   The Target [Hunter] EmptyFri Jun 13, 2014 12:49 am

Morgana did not look up from her book when she noted someone sitting down not too far from her. She didn't bother finding out who it was; she had long since learned that eye-contact was the big conversation-starter. She was not about to give this person the satisfaction. Because it had to be someone she knew. Those she didn't know, stayed the hell away from her, and good for them.

Of course, what she didn't expect, was that it had to be that kid who didn't seem to respect her need for solitude. She didn't expect his question, though, and looked over the rim of her book to meet his eyes. He looked tired and alone. Morgana envied him the alone part. But he honestly wanted an answer. What did he think? That she simply decided not to give a crap about people?

She didn't reply at once, but soon wished she had as he continued on. She raised an eyebrow. Pretty? What was up with this kid? Was beauty stuck on his mind ever since he'd been rejected? And, no, she didn't want anything to do with it. It was a bloody nuisance and only made people distracted. Morgana wouldn't be distracted.

"How?" she repeated, her voice low, cold and humorous. "Are you as stupid as every Gryffindor seems to be?" she asked annoyed. She really didn't enjoy the company of idiots. And even though Hunter had been considered tolerable for a while, he was running low on her patience because of what he had just brought up. This had nothing to do with him. Morgana had nothing to do with him. But would it hurt to answer his questions? No. Because Morgana didn't care.

"I was born this way," Morgana stated coolly, "Any idiot would know that you can't just shut off your emotions like a machine. Do you honestly think that being rejected and ignored is what it takes to become emotionally unattached?"

Morgana stopped herself from rolling her eyes at Hunter's ignorance. Didn't he understand the first thing about humans? Morgana closed her book and turned her full attention to Hunter. "There's a difference between not wanting to and being unable to. You honestly want to be like me? Please. You wouldn't last a day without becoming hateful. You think you can simply let it go and never go back? You know nothing."

She continued to look at him with her empty eyes, willing him to contradict her. Not wanting a guy hanging around her was normality to her. It wasn't to him. It was his nature. As was most human beings' nature. The boy thought he could change that? Nothing changed nature.
Back to top Go down
Hunter VanDerberg
Admin
Admin
Hunter VanDerberg

My Character

PostSubject: Sorry that this isn't that good, I had major writer's block doing this one!   The Target [Hunter] EmptyFri Jun 13, 2014 4:25 am

Morgana definitely didn't seem too pleased with Hunter's interruption, but when she raised her eyes to look at him, he met them evenly. How did she manage to seem so distant - so completely disinterested in everything? She was silent for a moment, and Hunter wondered if she would just get up and leave. At the very least, she didn't seem as though she was about to curse him - that was a good thing.

But then, to Hunter's surprise, she responded. Her first words involved an insult, and he could hear what he thought was the slightest hint of annoyance in her tone. Was he as stupid as every other Gryffindor? Maybe. Did it make a difference? Not really. And Hunter really didn't have the energy or the courage to object to Morgana, so he simply chose not to react. Instead, he watched her expression carefully and waited to see if she would actually give him an answer.

And again to Hunter's surprise, she did. And once he'd heard it, Hunter instantly felt his own irritation rise. "You were born that way?" he repeated with a slightly incredulous tone. "That's it, that's your answer?" Hunter knew that he was pushing his luck just by asking what he had to begin with, let alone letting it be known that he found her answer insufficient - but he didn't really care all that much. Maybe he was just stupid. That would be a good explanation for the situation he was putting himself in. And since he'd already started, why quit now?

"Nobody can just be born like that," he retorted. They couldn't - not in Hunter's mind, anyway. "You're telling me that even as a kid, nothing mattered to you? Ever?" He spent a short moment trying to picture a child version of Morgana, just as cold and uncaring as she was now. And there wasn't any way he could do it. He wasn't sure if it was because he couldn't picture a child being that distant, or because he couldn't picture Morgana as a child. Either way, he knew that the two just didn't go together. People weren't born without emotions - they became that way.

Nobody could shut their emotions off like a machine. She'd also said something about him thinking that rejection was the key to crushing your emotions. "No, I don't think that, believe me," he said, releasing a humorless breath. If anything, being rejected and ignored was what started all of this emotional turmoil in the first place. "But shouldn't ignoring something for long enough would make it go away?" Like how he constantly forced thoughts and regrets about Aoife from his mind. But they kept coming back.

Morgana said there was not wanting to, and not being able to. Hunter silently wondered which one of those actually referred to Morgana, but felt that he was pushing his luck too much already to actually ask her it out loud. "I don't want to be hateful," Hunter said instead with a shrug. "I just don't want to care so much about things. If I didn't care, there wouldn't be any need to be hateful, because it just wouldn't make a difference."
Back to top Go down
Morgana Gaunt
Admin
Admin
Morgana Gaunt

My Character

PostSubject: Re: The Target [Hunter]   The Target [Hunter] EmptyFri Jun 13, 2014 1:22 pm

As he didn't reply to him being as stupid as every other Gryffindor, Morgana thought maybe, just maybe he wouldn't reply to her answer either. But she was disappointed. And annoyed at his irritation. Was he really as dumb as he looked? Had he never laid eyes on a sociopath before? High-functioning or not, Morgana was what she was, and she was not about to take this brat's irritation just because he didn't understand. She didn't give him an answer to his outburst, just have him a glare.

But he continued. Morgana suddenly wished she had stayed in the common room. Facing Tor was much better than this annoying conversation. She took a breath and decided that he probably wouldn't stop before she gave him a proper answer. So she let her glare turn into a look of indifference. "When I was a kid, I was a kid. All I wanted was to be normal. So I fought to be normal. But then I realized that it didn't matter. So, yes, I've always never cared. I've simply pretended to," she said monotonously. She didn't speak of Lucy, Aylee or Maya, but they were something else. They had her respect. And they respected her need for silence. They had never annoyed her, so she didn't mind spending time with them.

Morgana raised her eyebrows, and sighed. Lucy liked this kid. Why, she didn't know, but she figured that this wasn't the time to be cruel. So she raised an eyebrow at his question. "I don't think I'm the person to have this conversation with, kid," she said calmly, "After all, I don't care. I don't know what it would mean to have to ignore something to make it go away. But people often say that when you ignore things, it will gnaw you up forever."

Morgana didn't like the depth that this conversation was taking on, but she had a feeling Hunter wouldn't go away all that quickly. "Then don't care. Of what I have gathered, if you let your emotions run freely, and you're unafraid of being hurt, you won't care about the things that will hurt." Morgana wasn't sure if that'd make much sense to him, but that was for him to ponder about. She tilted her head to the side. "I understand why you don't want to care, though. You're so hurt that you're coming to me for help. That's how desperate and frail you are. But I suppose those are words that describe humanity pretty well," she said, not thinking at all about the fact that it could hurt him to say that. And if she had, she probably wouldn't care either way.
Back to top Go down
Hunter VanDerberg
Admin
Admin
Hunter VanDerberg

My Character

PostSubject: Re: The Target [Hunter]   The Target [Hunter] EmptySun Jun 15, 2014 9:18 pm

Okay, now she was glaring, which was kind of intimidating. Hunter was really hoping that she would stop. He liked to think that he wasn't afraid of Morgana, and to an extent, he wasn't. But that didn't mean that he wanted to make her angry enough to actually curse him. Thankfully, Morgana's face soon fell into a bored, uncaring expression that Hunter was becoming more familiar with.

Hunter was actually pretty surprised that she'd answered him thus far. And he was really surprised when she started explaining how she had been when she was young. All she wanted when she was young was to be normal. "So, you've always wanted nothing to do with anybody - but when you were little you wished that you did..." Hunter repeated slowly, trying his best to understand. But it didn't make any sense. If when she was little, she wanted to be normal, why didn't she just be normal? "I give up," he said finally, shaking his head and hopefully indicating that he didn't need to know any more about this particular subject, since it just confused him.

She didn't think she was the right person to have the conversation with. He couldn't exactly argue with that - he'd never consider Morgana the best person to ask advice from. But surprisingly, what she said next was not completely unhelpful. Except for when she told him to just not care, then. Wasn't that what he'd asked her to begin with? How to not care? Then again, hadn't he just been unable to figure out how Morgana couldn't have just been normal if that's what she wanted? Either way, there was no use asking again, because he doubted she'd tell him anything different. At least the rest actually made a lot of sense. "Maybe not," Hunter agreed. "But that's surprisingly decent advice, regardless of whether you're the right person to ask."

Hunter frowned when she went on to say that he was frail and desperate to come to her for help. "I'm not frail," he responded immediately, taking offense to the weak word. "And I'm not desperate." Maybe he was a little desperate. Or a lot. But he didn't like being called desperate. "I only asked you because you happened to be here. And I only came here to get away from everyone else." So really, he hadn't gone to Morgana for anything. Though it probably didn't bode well for him that he preferred her cryptic company to his happy, carefree friends.
Back to top Go down
Morgana Gaunt
Admin
Admin
Morgana Gaunt

My Character

PostSubject: Re: The Target [Hunter]   The Target [Hunter] EmptySun Jun 22, 2014 7:54 pm

Morgana lifted her eyebrow in the slightest. He seemed to be having a hard time trying to digest what she'd just said. He seemed slow. Then again, most people seemed slow to her and he was only a kid. "Yes, I wished I did, and I pretended I did, but I didn't," Morgana said, her patience starting to wear off. She didn't enjoy speaking much to people, and certainly not people who asked her questions she had no interest in answering. As he said he gave up, Morgana didn't protest. Anything to get him to stop asking her questions.

Saying that it was decent advice didn't make Morgana warm up to him. There were obviously stuff about what she'd just said that he didn't comprehend. And she wished he'd just figure out this stuff on his own. She should've just not given him any sort of advice, and he might've been gone by now. Morgana looked at the entrance doors. Maybe she should just leave? But she didn't feel like leaving. Nor did she feel like staying. She closed her eyes for a moment or two in exasperation, before opening them and looking at him.

He said he wasn't frail. So defensive all at once. If anyone called Morgana frail, she'd just smirk at them. Seriously, this guy… Didn't even get the figure of speech she had used. Come to her for help. She didn't mean that he actually sought her out to ask her. Just the fact that he at all bothered to ask her. Why wasn't he with his annoyingly happy friends? Was Aoife the only friend he had or something? Well, then he should've thought about that before he went and asked her out. However, truth be told, Morgana didn't understand why Aoife had reacted so badly to the question he had asked her. Sure, she was probably scared of her own feelings, but to throw a chair?

"Not frail, huh?" Morgana asked, a low voice, almost a whisper, and more to herself than Hunter, her eyes fixed on her book. Even she was frail. Thing was, she'd accepted that a long time ago. She looked up from the book and to Hunter. "Get away from everyone else," she also said, her head a bit tilted to the side. Her eyes wandered to the entrance doors again. Common room? Maybe she could transfigurate one of the beds in her dormitory into a comfy study place. Why hadn't she thought of that? That way, she wouldn't be disturbed by any unwelcome Slytherins.

She turned so her feet were dangling from the wall she was sitting on, and looked sideways over at Hunter. "Then I won't stop you from getting away from everyone else," she said in a bored tone. She got off the wall and turned, grabbing her sack with every intention of leaving the courtyard.

OOC: I didn't RP her walking away, so if you have more to say, then I can still rp in this thread. I just didn't have much more motivation Razz If you don't either, just rp her walking away or something. Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Target [Hunter]   The Target [Hunter] Empty

Back to top Go down

The Target [Hunter]
Page 1 of 1