Live the Magic!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
The Admins
Fast Links
Current time
SPRING
Year: 2034
Term: 13
Month: March

Term 13 until TBA
House Points
Chat Box
Vote For Us
Affiliates
Photobucket Shadowplay HOS The Beginning Magical World of Harry Potter THE GIRL IS DANGEROUS Hogwarts Academy

Click here to affiliate!
Latest topics
» Chances (Ariel)
Term 5: Lesson 1: Year 2 EmptySat May 28, 2016 11:34 pm by Ariel Wilde

» HUGE REALLY VERY IMPORTANT UPDATE - PLEASE READ
Term 5: Lesson 1: Year 2 EmptySat May 21, 2016 11:40 pm by Hunter VanDerberg

» Sunny Afternoon (Open to Anyone)
Term 5: Lesson 1: Year 2 EmptyFri May 20, 2016 6:58 am by Marielle Prince

» An Unfortunate Accident (Open)
Term 5: Lesson 1: Year 2 EmptyMon May 16, 2016 2:41 am by Marielle Prince

» Marielle Aveline Prince
Term 5: Lesson 1: Year 2 EmptySun May 15, 2016 8:57 pm by Sky

» Claim a Face
Term 5: Lesson 1: Year 2 EmptySun May 15, 2016 8:08 am by Marielle Prince

» AFFILIATE HERE
Term 5: Lesson 1: Year 2 EmptyMon May 09, 2016 2:42 am by Ariadne O'Rieley

» My charries need something fot their life (a plots)
Term 5: Lesson 1: Year 2 EmptyWed May 04, 2016 8:10 am by Jessica Kim

» The Gif Game 2.0
Term 5: Lesson 1: Year 2 EmptyTue May 03, 2016 7:39 am by Humphrey Williams

» A Dying Trade (one of JETTS characters)
Term 5: Lesson 1: Year 2 EmptyMon May 02, 2016 12:25 am by Augustus Beckett

» Wild Child [Ariadne]
Term 5: Lesson 1: Year 2 EmptySun May 01, 2016 6:01 am by Ariadne O'Rieley

» History Of Magic Application
Term 5: Lesson 1: Year 2 EmptyFri Apr 22, 2016 9:41 pm by Morgana Gaunt

» Semi - Activity Check!
Term 5: Lesson 1: Year 2 EmptyFri Apr 22, 2016 11:56 am by Hunter VanDerberg

» EVELYN'S "DRAWINGS"
Term 5: Lesson 1: Year 2 EmptySun Apr 17, 2016 10:30 pm by Morgana Gaunt

» I Won't Say I'm In Love (closed-one shot)
Term 5: Lesson 1: Year 2 EmptySun Apr 17, 2016 5:18 pm by Miranda Cunningham

Term 5: Lesson 1: Year 2

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

Term 5: Lesson 1: Year 2 Empty
PostSubject: Term 5: Lesson 1: Year 2   Term 5: Lesson 1: Year 2 EmptySat Sep 07, 2013 10:02 am

If you entered the Charms classroom, you'd find it looking just like a normal classroom- no decorations at all. The desks and chairs were all arranged, the walls were the usual dull colour. The only addition in the classroom was a few cushions on the floor by the teacher's desk. Another addition was the new Professor sitting at her desk.

Although she was nervous, Ylenia was trying hard not to show it as students poured in for the first lesson of the year. I know what to do, she thought to herself and took a deep breath in. When the last student entered the class and closed the door behind them, she stood up and went to stand by the board. "Hello, students, and welcome to Charms," she said, her voice loud and clear. "I am Professor Fenech. I will be your teacher. If you ever have any questions, please feel free to stop by my office, as the purpose of a teacher is to help you learn. I am strict if you want me to be, but I am friendly if you don't do anything stupid." She flashed a small smile at her students, then turned to the board and wrote "Freezing Charm".

"Do any of you know what the Freezing Charm is?" asked Professor Fenech, turning back towards the class and scanning the room for anyone raising their hand.
Back to top Go down
Maya Winchester
Adult
Maya Winchester

My Character
::
Activity: Slytherin - Year 3

PostSubject: Re: Term 5: Lesson 1: Year 2   Term 5: Lesson 1: Year 2 EmptySat Sep 07, 2013 1:22 pm

Maya sauntered into the Charms classroom, anxiety creeping up on her. She wasn't the best Charms student in first year and hoped that it wasn't about to catch up on her. She had heard at the start of the feast that there was a new Charm's teacher and she thought it best to attempt to get on her good side by turning up a few minutes early, or at the very least, on time for class.

Maya entered the classroom and eyed the teacher who was already seated at her desk. Maya recalled her from the feast and thought that she didn't appear to be the most approachable. Maybe she was nice and friendly, just nervous at being introduced in front of all the staff and students, Maya silently hoped. She took her seat towards the back of class after giving the professor a small smile, hoping that she could avoid answering questions and the eye line of the professor. She hoped that she wasn't about to stamp her authority on the class, Maya wasn't in the mood to be given out to.

Maya waited in silence watching other students milling in as she took out her books and parchment, preparing herself for the class. Maya perked up when the stern looking professor began speaking and decided that she appeared to fair and that she she would give her best effort in the class. She noted the professor's name, hoping that she got her pronunciation correct.

Maya was slightly taken aback when the words Freezing Charm appeared on the board. She had actually looked over the chapter in the book on it last night, in a hurried attempt to catch up on the subject. As a result Maya was one of the first to raise her hand and answer the question. "The name, Freezing Charm, kind of states the charms purpose. It can be used to immobilize living targets."
Back to top Go down
Kynan Walters
Adult
Kynan Walters

My Character
Activity: Gryffindor - Year 3

PostSubject: Re: Term 5: Lesson 1: Year 2   Term 5: Lesson 1: Year 2 EmptySat Sep 07, 2013 3:33 pm

Tired, Kynan was one of the last to enter the Charms classroom. Charms wasn't the first class he wanted to sign up for, he didn't want to sign up at first but his sister Aylee somehow convinced him to. It seemed interesting anyway. Maybe it would end up being one of his favourite subjects, next to Defence Against the Dark Arts and Herbology. He found a seat somewhere in the middle of the classroom and looked around. As the last student closed the door, he saw the teacher for the first time. She seemed scary. He told himself not to do anything stupid when the Professor began her speech. Come on, maybe she seems scary like Professor Umbranox but is actually nice? he thought to himself while Professor Fenech was speaking. He wasn't even paying attention.

Kynan finally started to pay attention when the teacher started writing something on the board. Freezing Charm, he thought. Then Professor Fenech asked what they thought it meant. He was about to raise his hand and say something stupid, like, The Freezing Charm is a charm used to freeze stuff but Maya had already gotten there first. Lowering his hand, he looked at the Professor and told himself that he should participate more so he could earn house points.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Term 5: Lesson 1: Year 2   Term 5: Lesson 1: Year 2 EmptySun Sep 08, 2013 11:18 am

A Slytherin students answered her question, causing Ylenia to nod, a half smile playing on her lips. "That is correct... um, Miss Winchester, I presume?" she replied. Although not many students took her class, she didn't want to offend them by randomly calling them a surname which wasn't theirs. She turned towards the rest of the class and said, "Like Miss Winchester pointed out, the spell's effect is in the name- to immobilise living targets. So, before we continue the lesson, does anyone know what the incantation is and where it is derived from?" Slowly, she inched towards her desk and then took out a box from one of the drawers. Without bothering to reveal what was inside it, she put the box on her desk and waited for someone to answer her question.

Back to top Go down
Kynan Walters
Adult
Kynan Walters

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Term 5: Lesson 1: Year 2   Term 5: Lesson 1: Year 2 EmptySun Sep 08, 2013 2:03 pm

Although he didn't know what the etymology of the spell was, Kynan raised his hand, determined to answer the first question. He had been flipping through some books the day before he caught the train to Hogwarts and this answer was one of the other random things which he had remembered. "Professor, might the incantation be Immobulus?" he asked.
Back to top Go down
Maya Winchester
Adult
Maya Winchester

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Term 5: Lesson 1: Year 2   Term 5: Lesson 1: Year 2 EmptyWed Sep 11, 2013 1:56 pm

Maya nodded her head in conformation of her name, she smiled back at the professor when Maya caught a touch of a smile on her lips. She didn't hold her stare for long though, as she felt intimidated by the professor and quickly fixed her  gaze upon her book. She realised that she had hadn't even opened it yet and proceeded to do so, locating the page which contained the spell they were studying with ease.

Maya was too distracted by Professor Fenech's movements to answer her next question and looked over at Kynan when he answered and smiled in his direction, glad that he knew the answer and was participating in class. Maya glanced down at her book, noting that Kynan was correct and then she looked up expectantly at the professor and the box she had placed on her desk.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Term 5: Lesson 1: Year 2   Term 5: Lesson 1: Year 2 EmptyWed Sep 11, 2013 7:19 pm

This time, a Gryffindor boy answered the question. "Correct, Mr Walters," said Professor Fenech, nodding. "The incantation is Immobulus. The incantation is derived from Latin immobilis meaning "immobile, unmoving"." She walked over to the desk and placed a hand on the box, looking at the class. "What you are doing today-" she said, taking out her wand with her other hand. "Is perform the Freezing Charm." With a flick of her wand, she closed all doors and windows in the room.

"This box here," Ylenia said, patting the box. "Is full of frogs. When I open the box, the frogs will run free in this class. This is why I have closed all doors and windows. We don't want the frogs running free in the school." She shook her head. "Anyway- this is how I first learned to perform the Freezing Charm. The frogs will run free in the classroom and it is up to you to freeze them and put them back in the box." She could already see a few hesitant looks on the students. "Don't worry. I will be right here, ready to help you if you have any problems with the spell. Got it?" She already felt like Gilderoy Lockhart and the time he set pixies loose in his class. But frogs couldn't cause any trouble, other than jump around and croak.

So Ylenia flicked her wand and the box flew open. Immediately, frogs started jumping out, around the classroom and onto student's desks. Students started to do the spell- very few got it on the first time, the others had to try three or six times to get it right. Professor Fenech walked around, watching the students and ready to help them if they asked for help.
Back to top Go down
Maya Winchester
Adult
Maya Winchester

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Term 5: Lesson 1: Year 2   Term 5: Lesson 1: Year 2 EmptySat Sep 14, 2013 10:31 pm

Maya sat up in her chair, immediately more attentive when professor Fenech turned her attention towards the box. Maya listened to what she had to say, shocked, but impressed that she was letting them cast the spell this soon into the class. She obviously believed in practise being the best way to conquer a spell. Maya wholeheartedly agreed and was already enjoying the class more than some of her others. She tuned in to Professor Fenech, as she gripped her wand tighter, determined to preform the spell and master it in this class. Her face fell at the mention of frogs. Eww! was her first reaction, she hated the slimy creatures. They used to spawn at a nearby pond as she grew up and her brother often chased her with them, encouraging her to kiss them as he genuinely believed they would transform into a prince. Shaking her head at the memory and trying to concentrate on the task at hand Maya rested her eyes firmly on the box in the professor's hand.

As soon as the box was opened, a dozen or so frogs emerged from it. Maya's grip on her wand immediately flaxened as she felt overwhelmed by the croaking, green frogs, their beady eyes bulging unnaturally in their head. Their long legs helped them jump enormous distances and all Maya could do was repeat the incantation in her head, trying to not forget it. One jumped onto her desk and let out a loud croak, she jumped from her seat, horrified by its slimy presence on her charms book. "Ugh!" Maya exclaimed, momentarily forgetting her wand. The frog looked as though it was about to jump once more, her being the target. Maya unconsciously raised her wand and confidently and forcefully said the incantation, which was stuck in her head, very loudly and clearly. "Immobulus!" Relief flooded Maya as the frog froze mid jump and fell onto the floor.
One down, she thought encouragingly to herself, not dwelling on the fact that she had actually just preformed the charm on her first attempt.
Back to top Go down
Darcy Wilde
Adult
Darcy Wilde

My Character
Activity: Gryffindor-Year 7, Head Girl

PostSubject: Re: Term 5: Lesson 1: Year 2   Term 5: Lesson 1: Year 2 EmptySun Sep 15, 2013 11:05 am

Darcy, who had been sitting rather silently during the entire lesson, perked up when professor Fenech talked about frogs. She didn't want to say it out loud, but she had always been rather fond of frogs. Yes. Frogs. She straightened up and memorized the incantation to herself, pulling out her wand. She did, however, hope that the frogs wouldn't be hurt by the spell. But they'd probably be frozen so quickly that they wouldn't feel it at all.

She rose to her feet when professor Fenech released the frogs. They jumped around the entire classroom, all of them different from the other in some way. She set her jaw not to smile, and probably looked as if she absolutely hated them. But she didn't want people to think she was weird for liking frogs. What she didn't know was that no one would probably care if she liked them or not, but back home, that wouldn't be a cool thing. Her mother would freak if she saw Darcy hold a frog of any kind.

She looked at the frogs as a couple of them came towards her. Would the spell work on both? She shrugged and pointed. "Immobulus!" she shouted, happy when her spell worked, but it hadn't been powerful enough to knock them both out. So, she shouted it again and again, trying her best to get them all frozen with the help of her fellow students.
Back to top Go down
Evan Williams

Evan Williams

My Character
Activity: Ravenclaw Dropout

PostSubject: Re: Term 5: Lesson 1: Year 2   Term 5: Lesson 1: Year 2 EmptySun Sep 15, 2013 11:58 am

All lessons had started a while ago, so Evan was hurrying to be as little late as possible. Everyone should have got all the theory in Charms class by now. But hey, I know a lot of things, maybe I already know the spell after all. The door had been already locked when he reached the Charms classroom, and he could hear the voices inside. And croaks. Croaks?! Evan decided not to waste his time on thinking about strange croaks and opened the door wide open. "Dragon bogies!" Evan spatted, when he saw lots of leaping frogs and heard the croaking pandemonium. While he was standing in the doorway, stunned by the sight of the classroom, some frogs escaped into the corridor. Oh. Froggies. I think I need to catch them before they leap away. Evan leaned down and picked a frog, then the second one, and one more. Meanwhile some more frogs escaped, as the door was still opened. Evan rushed to shut the door, but as he stretched his hand towards a door handle, two frogs fell to the floor. Damn! I can't hold all these frogs! He looked back and saw frogs leaping farther and farther from the classroom. "Professor Fenech! Frogs!" Evan cried for some help. He had no idea what he should do now, he was just standing in the doorway,  holding the last remaining frog in his hands. Oh no. It's all my fault. Ten points from Ravenclaw, I guess.
Back to top Go down
Kynan Walters
Adult
Kynan Walters

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Term 5: Lesson 1: Year 2   Term 5: Lesson 1: Year 2 EmptySun Sep 15, 2013 12:10 pm

The Professor announced that she was going to let a box of frogs loose in the class and that they had to freeze them. Kynan frowned. He didn't hate frogs, nor was he fond of them, he just thought of the animals as harmless creatures. But he wondered if the lesson was going to bother other students, especially ones who probably hated frogs. Shrugging, he took out his wand, waiting for Professor Fenech to open the box. Suddenly, the classroom was full of frogs. He saw Maya and Darcy managing to freeze the frogs nearby and Kynan didn't waste time. "Immobulus! Immobulus!" he repeated, pointing his wand at a frog which was now on his lap. He didn't manage to freeze it so he stood up, causing the frog to fall on the floor. "IMMOBULUS!" he kept saying, but the frog still didn't freeze, although it slowed down a bit. Aw, come on! he thought angrily.

Suddenly, a shout was heard from the back of the class. Kynan turned around and saw Evan who was holding a bunch of frogs, and had the classroom door open. Oh no, he thought. He was about to run out into the corridor but then realized that all of the frogs were escaping so he might as well stop the current ones from leaving. He pointed his wand at one of the frogs which was leaving and muttered the spell, using all of his concentration and determination and hoping that the frog was going to freeze.
Back to top Go down
Evan Williams

Evan Williams

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Term 5: Lesson 1: Year 2   Term 5: Lesson 1: Year 2 EmptySun Sep 15, 2013 12:40 pm

The first thing Evan noticed after he cried for help was Kynan pointing his wand at him. Oh. What is he going to do? Is he going to help me? "Immobilus!" Kynan muttered. Immobilus? Sounds like it has something to do with paralysis. Oh. Wait. He's trying to curse me! The spell, however, missed Evan, and now he drew his wand to counterattack. I don't know what madness is going on here. Frogs, Kynan, paralysis. That is really strange, but "I'd rather be judged by twelve than carried by six", as muggles say. Evan pointed his wand at Kynan's chest and shouted, "Everte Statum!" He spent a lot of time practicing this spell during his first year, as he imaged being at Hogwarts as a typical fiction book or a computer game: one always has to be prepared for a fight.
Back to top Go down
Kynan Walters
Adult
Kynan Walters

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Term 5: Lesson 1: Year 2   Term 5: Lesson 1: Year 2 EmptySun Sep 15, 2013 3:36 pm

A frog got frozen, to which Kynan smiled at, but suddenly he was being thrown back. "WHAT THE HELL!" he yelled and crashed into a table. He felt his left arm and head getting banged onto the table and tried to sit up. But it hurt him. Why the hell would Evan go a freeze me?! he thought, seeing the boy pointing his wand at him. "Ow!" he exclaimed, rubbing his head. "What the hell was that for?" Hell was his current favourite word. His wand was still in his hand, so he raised it and pointed it at Evan. "Furnunculus!" he yelled. Aylee had taught him the spell not long after the start of the term and Kynan had just found the perfect opportunity to use it.
Back to top Go down
Evan Williams

Evan Williams

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Term 5: Lesson 1: Year 2   Term 5: Lesson 1: Year 2 EmptySun Sep 15, 2013 5:58 pm

Evan's body was covering with boils and that felt quite annoying for him. Oh oh, this thing is really disturbing. I can try to stop it now by using a general counter-curse, but in this case Kynan will have time to hit me again, probably with something more dangerous. I need to strike him now. Evan pointed his wand at Kynan again. I can try a body bind, but I'm not really good with it, and boils are making things even more difficult. He raised his wand slightly, so it was pointing at Kynan's head, and shouted, "Everte Statum!" again. Eat that, son of banshee!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Term 5: Lesson 1: Year 2   Term 5: Lesson 1: Year 2 EmptySun Sep 15, 2013 6:48 pm

As she was walking around, Ylenia saw Maya Winchester get the spell right on the first try. "Good job," she smiled at the Slytherin girl and nodded, before she continued observing the students. Another Gryffindor girl was managing to freeze the frogs, too. Professor Fenech moved closer to the girl and said, "Nice." She continued walking around and saw the Gryffindor boy, Kynan, trying hard to cast the spell. "Concentrate!" she exclaimed before moving on. Suddenly, the door burst open and a Ravenclaw student was trying hard to keep the frogs from running away.

The boy called for help. Ylenia took out her wand immediately and rushed out into the corridor to get the runaway frogs. A few were already out of sight so she ran towards the farthest frogs and started immobilising all of them, one by one. It took some time but when she managed to do so, she exclaimed, "Accio box!" Then, the box which was sitting on her desk came zooming into view. Ylenia grabbed the box and started putting all of the frogs into it. She sighed. What a disaster, she thought to herself. No more frogs.

After she closed the box, she walked back towards the classroom, hoping that the students managed to freeze the remaining frogs. But what Professor Fenech found was the complete opposite of that. The few remaining frogs were hopping out of the classroom but she suddenly didn't care. Because two students were duelling. The Ravenclaw boy, Evan Williams, was standing in the doorway, covered in boils while to other one, Kynan Walters, was lying down on a broken desk. She reached the two just as Evan casted 'Everte Statum'. "What is the meaning of this?" Ylenia asked, trying hard not to yell, as she walked over to stand in between the two.

She pointed her wand at Evan and exclaimed, "Finite Incantatum." The boils on the Ravenclaw boy disappeared. Then Ylenia walked over to Kynan and held out her hand to help him up. When she had done so, she sighed once again and actually looked stressed before her face expression turned back to strict. She turned to the two boys and said, "Ten points will be taken from both of you. This class is not for Duelling. If you two wish to duel each other, I suggest it to be in the Duelling Club or somewhere where runaway frogs are not involved." Her voice was harsh and strict and that was her objective. Get them to be sorry. "But," Professor Fenech continued, turning to face the whole group of students. "Five points shall be rewarded to those who managed to cast the spell. And five points to both Mister Walters and Miss Winchester, who answered my questions correctly." She sighed again and said, "I'll find the missing frogs during my free time, there is no point in searching for them in the castle right now. They could be anywhere and the castle is huge.

"Now," Ylenia said and flicked her wand. Writing appeared on the board.

The Board:

Write an essay about what you have learned today on the Freezing Charm. 

This is due the 22nd of September.

Look up the Tickling Charm in your spellbooks and read about it.

"Please copy this down," she explained. "The bell has only a few minutes left so this lesson might as well be dismissed. When you have copied it down, you are free to leave." Then she pointed at Evan and Kynan. "You two," she said to them. "I want you two to come to my office this evening at six o'clock. I'd like to hear about this fight of yours. And you-" she nodded at Kynan, who looked like he was hurt. "If it hurts, you should go to Hospital Wing."

Then, Ylenia sighed once again before saying, "That is all." What a disaster. I am so bad at this, she thought to herself, shaking her head.
Back to top Go down
Kynan Walters
Adult
Kynan Walters

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Term 5: Lesson 1: Year 2   Term 5: Lesson 1: Year 2 EmptySun Sep 15, 2013 7:44 pm

Before he knew it, Kynan was being thrown back harder into the table, his head hurting worse. I won't be surprised if I am bleeding, he thought. Why am I even getting attacked? Then Professor Fenech was there, making the boils on Evan disappear, and helping him up. When Kynan managed to stand up, he looked around and saw that a few students were staring at him and Evan. He narrowed his eyes, and he shot a shut-up-or-you'll-be-the-one-with-boils-next-time look to whoever looked at him. The next thing he knew, he had just lost Gryffindor ten points, but earned another ten. Professor Fenech continued awarding and deducting points. He was growing dizzy, his head was hurting and the Professor's words weren't exactly helping. Then the class was being set homework and he was ordered to go to the Professor's office in the evening. Do I have to? he mentally groaned- Charms wasn't going to be his favourite lesson right now.

Slowly, Kynan made his way back to his table, put his wand back in his bag and copied down the homework. He packed his things and then heard Professor Fenech say something about the Hospital Wing. He grew dizzier as he mindlessly walked out of the classroom, glad, and held onto the walls as he walked towards the Hospital Wing.
Back to top Go down
Evan Williams

Evan Williams

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Term 5: Lesson 1: Year 2   Term 5: Lesson 1: Year 2 EmptyMon Sep 16, 2013 1:33 am

Kynan was thrown back again and now Evan was aiming at his right hand to strike him with Everte Statum and probably disarm. But just before he started casting the spell, professor Fenech appeared between him and Kynan, preventing Evan from unleashing another strike. "What is the meaning of this?" she asked, then she pointed her wand at Evan and broke the boils curse. Mmmm, no more boils, it feels great! Kynan's injuries couldn't be healed so easily and he had some troubles with standing up, so professor Fenech helped him out. Not feeling so good, are you? That will serve you well. Then professor gave a lecture about dueling and Evan discovered that he decreased Ravenclaw points by ten. That's just not fair! He turned to the girls, looking for support. Although he said nothing, his look and gestures were like "I haven't done anything wrong, why don't you back me up? Please?"

Professor Fenech gave them homework and asked Evan and Kynan to come to her office as she wanted to hear the explanation. I'll tell her how this happened then. Maybe I'll even get my house points back. Thinking about his glorious truth revelations, Evan copied the homework to a sheet of parchment. But despite his anticipation of the evening talk with the professor, he felt sad. Hm. Darcy can definitely help me. I'd rather be under her charm now. At least I won't think about all these things: points, duels, frogs. Why are the frogs here anyway? Evan made some steps towards the girl and called her quietly, "Darcy?.."
Back to top Go down
Darcy Wilde
Adult
Darcy Wilde

My Character
Activity: Gryffindor-Year 7, Head Girl

PostSubject: Re: Term 5: Lesson 1: Year 2   Term 5: Lesson 1: Year 2 EmptyMon Sep 16, 2013 8:14 pm

Darcy, feeling a flood of joy when the professor congratulated her, kept going with more intensity and managed to freeze two frogs at once. But it didn't happen again. She sighed. Just a stroke of luck, then? She shrugged, still high in spirits, and jumped slightly as she heard a door open. She didn't turn to see who it was, being much to busy with the frogs, but when someone called for the professor for help, she turned and saw that a lot of frogs were escaping the classroom through the open door that Evan had come in through.

She blinked and immediately felt bad for him, pretty sure he was feeling guilty, but she quickly turned back to the frogs in front of her and kept freezing them. However, when she heard the familiar sound of Everte Statum, she spun around and suddenly felt as though she had been frozen. Evan and Kynan were duelling. She blinked. And blinked again. She knew she ought to do something, but no ideas came to mind, and her feet wouldn't budge. And then professor Fenech was back.

Darcy decided to have the decency not to listen in to what professor Fenech was saying to them, but when she turned her attention to them all, Darcy quickly perked up, listening to what she said about homework. She quickly scribbled it down on a piece of parchment and really just wanted to run away from the classroom due to the horrible tension that filled the air. But then Evan spoke her name and took a few steps towards her. She turned to him and felt a mixture of emotions all of them both negative and positive.

"Come with me," she said calmly, though her tone was strained and she wasn't at all happy with him. She grabbed his wrist and pulled him with her out of the classroom and into one of the corridors.
Back to top Go down
Maya Winchester
Adult
Maya Winchester

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Term 5: Lesson 1: Year 2   Term 5: Lesson 1: Year 2 EmptyThu Sep 19, 2013 5:05 pm

Maya was busy concentrating on being attacked by a number of different frogs from different angles. She was on her feet, quickly shuffling backwards and running out of space. She kept shouting "Immobulus," but in her haste and her nervousness her spells kept narrowly missing. Maya was too caught up with the frogs that she lost track of what was happening around her with her other classmates and the fact that the professor had complimented her.

Maya was shaken out of her own conundrum when she heard a loud crashing noise. She looked up just in time to see a student flying through the air. What the..? I thought we were supposed to be attacking frogs and freezing them. Maya moved towards Kynan as she was going to help him to his feet as soon as she realised who the student was. He jumped up, shock etched on his face and his features set hard. He then muttered a spell that she had never even heard of. Maya looked across the room to see boils sprouting on..Evan? What was going on, did she miss something? Maya was growing more and more confused and slightly distressed. The boys had evidently been practicing dueling in their own time and were actually sufficiently accomplished to be doing damage to one another. Kynan flew across the classroom once more, being more unlucky this time as desks stopped his fall. The noise of him colliding spurred Maya as she thought hard about what to do. Calling the professor was the best port of call. Where was she? Maya swung herself around racing back, as she presumed she was probably trying to control the frogs. The act was unnecessary as she turned up. alerted by Kynan crashing into the desks she presumed.

Maya immediately looked away from the professor, her stern stare glaring at Kynan and Evan harshly. Maya was glad that she hadn't got involved, especially when they lost house points. Professor Fenech soon dismissed the class after giving them their homework assignment, which Maya didn't dwell on too much as she was still caught up on the drama which had just unfolded. She was still in shock, wondering what had actually happened. She gathered up her stuff, trying to get out of the class as quick as possible as awkward silence ensued among the students. She could also see the professor huffing to herself so Maya made a beeline for the door. As she walked by Darcy she was talking to Evan and clearly unimpressed. Maya kept walking though, deciding not to get involved in their conversation.

As she turned the corner onto another corridor she spotted Kynan up ahead clutching the wall for balance. He had clearly hit the tables hard and Maya caught up with him easily enough. She grabbed his schoolbag and tried to offer him support to steady his swaying figure. She supposed that now wasn't the best time to question his actions in the charms class as getting him to the hospital wing was the first priority.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Term 5: Lesson 1: Year 2   Term 5: Lesson 1: Year 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Term 5: Lesson 1: Year 2
Page 1 of 1