Live the Magic!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
The Admins
Fast Links
Current time
SPRING
Year: 2034
Term: 13
Month: March

Term 13 until TBA
House Points
Chat Box
Vote For Us
Affiliates
Photobucket Shadowplay HOS The Beginning Magical World of Harry Potter THE GIRL IS DANGEROUS Hogwarts Academy

Click here to affiliate!
Latest topics
» Chances (Ariel)
Homework 1-Post in the Thread EmptySat May 28, 2016 11:34 pm by Ariel Wilde

» HUGE REALLY VERY IMPORTANT UPDATE - PLEASE READ
Homework 1-Post in the Thread EmptySat May 21, 2016 11:40 pm by Hunter VanDerberg

» Sunny Afternoon (Open to Anyone)
Homework 1-Post in the Thread EmptyFri May 20, 2016 6:58 am by Marielle Prince

» An Unfortunate Accident (Open)
Homework 1-Post in the Thread EmptyMon May 16, 2016 2:41 am by Marielle Prince

» Marielle Aveline Prince
Homework 1-Post in the Thread EmptySun May 15, 2016 8:57 pm by Sky

» Claim a Face
Homework 1-Post in the Thread EmptySun May 15, 2016 8:08 am by Marielle Prince

» AFFILIATE HERE
Homework 1-Post in the Thread EmptyMon May 09, 2016 2:42 am by Ariadne O'Rieley

» My charries need something fot their life (a plots)
Homework 1-Post in the Thread EmptyWed May 04, 2016 8:10 am by Jessica Kim

» The Gif Game 2.0
Homework 1-Post in the Thread EmptyTue May 03, 2016 7:39 am by Humphrey Williams

» A Dying Trade (one of JETTS characters)
Homework 1-Post in the Thread EmptyMon May 02, 2016 12:25 am by Augustus Beckett

» Wild Child [Ariadne]
Homework 1-Post in the Thread EmptySun May 01, 2016 6:01 am by Ariadne O'Rieley

» History Of Magic Application
Homework 1-Post in the Thread EmptyFri Apr 22, 2016 9:41 pm by Morgana Gaunt

» Semi - Activity Check!
Homework 1-Post in the Thread EmptyFri Apr 22, 2016 11:56 am by Hunter VanDerberg

» EVELYN'S "DRAWINGS"
Homework 1-Post in the Thread EmptySun Apr 17, 2016 10:30 pm by Morgana Gaunt

» I Won't Say I'm In Love (closed-one shot)
Homework 1-Post in the Thread EmptySun Apr 17, 2016 5:18 pm by Miranda Cunningham

Homework 1-Post in the Thread

Go down 
+5
Lucy Malfoy
Wade Malfoy
Jennifer Moss
Shah Chelsea Hazel
Selene Greco
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Selene Greco
Adult
Selene Greco

My Character
::
Activity: Adult, Care of Magical Creatures Professor, History of Magic Professor, Head of Slytherin House

Homework 1-Post in the Thread Empty
PostSubject: Homework 1-Post in the Thread   Homework 1-Post in the Thread EmptyTue Feb 05, 2013 6:12 am

FIRST YEARS

For this lesson's homework, you are write a paragraph about what you already know about Mermaids. Do not look it up anywhere! It has to be about what you know so far. A paragraph, to me, has 5 sentences, so if you write more than required you might get extra points. Please include your name, house and year on the upper left hand corner.

SECOND YEARS

Using your research skills, write a paragraph about which dragon on the following list is the most interesting to you and why. I want two paragraphs of 5 sentences each. Remember: Doing more than is required can never hurt you. Please include your name, house and year on the upper left hand corner.

Chinese Fireball
Common Welsh Green
Hungarian Horntail
Peruvian Vipertooth
Ukranian Ironbelly

DUE DATE: FEBRUARY 14th, 2013
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Homework 1-Post in the Thread   Homework 1-Post in the Thread EmptyWed Feb 06, 2013 3:58 pm

Aurora Finnigan
Ravenclaw
Second Year

Peruvian Vipertooth

One of the smallest types of dragons, the Peruvian Vipertooth is also one of the most dangerous. Earning a Ministry of Magic classification of XXXXX, its notable features include bright, coppery scales and small horns jutting from its forehead. The Peruvian Vipertooth, as its name suggests, has poisonous venom in its teeth, capable of delivering instant death to any living creature once bitten. Just like other South American animals that carry poison, the Vipertooth has black warning markings on its head and back to alert any possible predators, though it has none. This dragon is good at camouflaging itself and hiding, which results in unexpected attacks, as Muggles are terrible at sighting this dragon. The Vipertooth feeds on anything it can get, mostly farm animals, but sometimes humans. Though the population is small now, it once was much larger, due to poaching and ranforest decrease, but also a killing spree ordered by the Ministry when the numbers grew out of hand.

I found this dragon interesting both because it is reclusive and mysterious, but also because I believe it is misunderstood. Though it has a taste for eating people, how much of this is due to the breed being slaughtered by wizards? It cannot distinguish between magical and non-magical folk. Also, the Peruvian Vipertooth has never been kept in captivity, and so wizards have been unable to study it. Just because we know little about it does not mean we have to jump to conclusions. Dragons are made out to be bloodthirsty killers, but they only do what it best for themselves. However, I do not deny that the Vipertooth is dangerous, mostly because of its deadly venom.

Your homework has been graded. You have received 20 points for the outstanding work.
Keep it up Aurora.
-Professor Vega.
Back to top Go down
Shah Chelsea Hazel
Admin
Admin
Shah Chelsea Hazel

My Character
Activity: Adult, Trainee Auror

PostSubject: Re: Homework 1-Post in the Thread   Homework 1-Post in the Thread EmptySun Feb 10, 2013 1:52 pm

Name: Shah Chelsea Hazel
Year: 2nd
House: Gryffindor

The Hungarian Horntail

Hungarian Horntails are a gigantic, vicious type of dragon from Hungary. Their appearance is lizard-like and they are about fifty feet high; larger than Common Welsh Green, Swedish Short-Snouts and Chinese Fireballs. They have black scales, leathery wings, bronze horns and bronze spikes protruding from their long tails every few inches. Their eyes are yellow with vertical pupils. Horntail eggs are cement-coloured and extremely hard. The young have to club themselves out with the already developed spikes on their tails.

The Hungarian Horntail is a dragon native to Hungary. Hungarian Horntails are probably the most dangerous dragon breed. They have one of the longest flame range - up to fifty feet. Due to their spiked tail, the back end is as dangerous as the front. Its roar is a yowling, screeching scream. The Horntails breath can reach extremely high temperatures as it made a stone turn red hot in seconds. The Horntail's foods of choice include cattle, sheep, and goat. Its eggs are cement-coloured with very hard shells.

Ministry of Magic Classification: XXXXX

Homework 1-Post in the Thread Hp4gf_072HungarianHorntail

Your homework has been graded. You have received 16 points for your great work. Your essay was very informative and well written, although you failed to explain why the Hungarian Horntail was interesting to you.
-Professor Vega.
Back to top Go down
Jennifer Moss
Adult
Jennifer Moss

My Character
Activity: Assistant Unspeakable

PostSubject: Re: Homework 1-Post in the Thread   Homework 1-Post in the Thread EmptyMon Feb 11, 2013 7:18 pm

Name: Jennifer Moss
House: Slytherin
Year: First Year

MERFOLK
Merpeople are beasts who live underwater. Though they may seem like beings, they refused that status when appointed being by the Ministry of Magic. Out of water, the laguage spoken by Merpeople (Mermish) sounds like a loud screeching noise, hurting the ear. However, in the water, their song is beautiful and enchanting. There are many different types of Merfolk, such as the Scottish Selkies and others, though the ones in Hogwarts are Sirens, originating from Greece. They are incredibly ugly, with bloodshot yellow eyes and gray scales. I am not sure all this information is correct, but it is what I have gathered from last year's lesson.

Your homework has been graded. You have received 18 points for your great work.
Keep it up Jennifer.
-Professor Vega.
Back to top Go down
Wade Malfoy
Admin
Admin
Wade Malfoy

My Character
Activity: Dark Wizard

PostSubject: Re: Homework 1-Post in the Thread   Homework 1-Post in the Thread EmptyTue Feb 12, 2013 2:55 am

Wade Malfoy
Slytherin
Second Year

Ukranian Ironbelly

The Ukranian Ironbelly is a dragon of Ukranian nativity and is a bipedal breed of a metallic grey color, an immense wingspan, and rough scales said to be as hard as steel. One of the largest breeds of dragons , the Ukranian Ironbelly reaches up to six tons, and its eyes are deep red. Although the Ironbelly is slower than most dragons, it's very dangerous as it can crush whatever it lands upon. At some point, Gringotts Wizarding Bank owned an Ukrainian Ironbelly which guarded the Lestrange Vault and later broke free, with the help of Harry Potter, Ron Weasley, and Hermione Granger when they broke into the aforementioned vault to retrieve a horrocrux. They have been subject to constant observation by the Ukrainian wizarding authorities ever since one of them carried off a sailing ship from the Black Sea in 1799.

The reason I chose the Ukranian Ironbelly is because I thought they are very powerful yet very rare. Most of the dragons I know of are related to the mythical versions, this one however is strong, slow, and almost albino. Although they are rare, it doesn't mean we don't know things about them, thought we really don't know much due to their rarity. Other than that, I think the Ukranian Ironbelly has a really funny name. Ironbelly makes me think of it as powerful yet playful.

Your homework has been graded. You have received 18 points for your great work. Did you really just call the Ukranian Ironbelly playful?
Keep it up Wade.
-Professor Vega.
Back to top Go down
Lucy Malfoy
Adult
Lucy Malfoy

My Character
Activity: Slytherin Alumni, Auror, Flying Professor

PostSubject: Re: Homework 1-Post in the Thread   Homework 1-Post in the Thread EmptyTue Feb 12, 2013 3:59 am

Lucy Malfoy
Slytherin
Second Year

Common Welsh Green

The Common Welsh Green is an 18-feet-long dragon native to Wales, that nests in the higher mountainous regions where a reservation has been set up specifically for this breed. This dragon prefers to prey mainly on sheep and other small mammals and to avoid human contact altogether. The Welsh Green's roar is rather distinctive and somewhat melodious and it issues its fire in narrow jets. The eggs of the Common Welsh Green are earthy brown, flecked with green.

The Welsh Green is a very interesting animal because it likes to avoid the contact with humans altogether and chooses only to prey on small mammals and sheep. Another reason is that I want to learn more about their habitat and other little facts. According to the Ministry, they are dangerous as they have a XXXXX classification but, to be honest, they don't sound to dangerous.

Your homework has been graded. You have received 17 points for your great work.
Keep it up Lucy.
-Professor Vega.
Back to top Go down
Aurelia Rosier
Adult
Aurelia Rosier

My Character
Activity: Slytherin - Year 2, Madam Puddifoot's Tea Shop Worker

PostSubject: Re: Homework 1-Post in the Thread   Homework 1-Post in the Thread EmptyWed Feb 13, 2013 11:35 pm

Name: Aurelia Rosier
House: Slytherin
Year: First Year

MERFOLK

Having been born and raised by the seaside in Ireland, I have a basic knowledge of merfolk, their characteristics, as well as brief history of their existence. Merfolk are neither human nor fish, and are certainly not half-breeds--it would be presumptious to assume so. The merfolk that lived near my place of residence where Merrows which, along with the Selkies in Scotland, bear a remarkable similarity to the Sirens, though they are not nearly as beautiful in appearance. From what I recall, their language is known as Mermish and, when heard above water, sounds like a loud and piercing screech. However, when the person is submersed within the water, it is a very beautiful and hypnotic sound (though I, of course, have never heard it before). I'm not sure what the merfolk in the Black Lake at Hogwarts are considered, though I know that they have green hair and gray-colored skin.

Your homework has been graded. You have received 19 points for your outstanding work.
Keep it up Aurelia.
-Professor Vega.
Back to top Go down
Ella Vega
Adult
Ella Vega

My Character
Activity: Adult, Trainee Auror

PostSubject: Re: Homework 1-Post in the Thread   Homework 1-Post in the Thread EmptyFri Feb 15, 2013 1:30 am

Ella Fontayne
Slytherin
Second Year

Chinese Fireball

The Chinese Fireball is a scarlet, smooth scaled dragon that has a fringe of golden spikes around its face. The dragon's snout is slightly short with a hooked beak on the top jaw. The dragon's name derived from the mushroom-shaped flame that comes out its nostrils when it's, as well as the enormous mushroom shaped flame that is shot out of it's mouth.The females tend to be larger than the males, they are also said to be very fast and smart for a dragon. The eggs are usually crimson and have gold specks on them. The adults can grow up to 25 feet and it's alternative name is the Liondragon. It's native to China.

This dragon is interesting to me in many ways. For one, it's diet is very peculiar. It tends to feast on mammals, mainly pigs and humans. If I were you, I'd stay as far away as possible from this dragon. This is the dragon that Viktor Krum, back in the great Harry Potter's generation, had to face in the first task of the Triwizard Tournament. Unlike any other dragon, the Chinese Fireball is tolerant of it's kind. Usually two other dragons will live around it. The Ministry of Magic classify this dragon as XXXXX and I most definitely agree with this.

Your homework has been graded. You have received 18 points for your outstanding work.
Keep it up Ella.
-Professor Vega.
Back to top Go down
Elita Malfoy
Adult
Elita Malfoy

My Character
Activity: Divinations professor

PostSubject: Re: Homework 1-Post in the Thread   Homework 1-Post in the Thread EmptyFri Feb 15, 2013 2:03 am

Ellie Fontayne
Slytherin
Second Year

Ukranian Ironbelly

The Ukranian Ironbelly is a metallic gray dragon with red eyes. It is a bipedal breed with an immense wingspan, long talons and rough scales that are said to be as hard as steel, hence it's name. The Ironbelly flies slower than most dragons but nevertheless, it's still dangerous as it's able to crush dwelling on which it lands and the MoM classifies this as XXXXX. The average adult can grow up to 60 feet in length and may weigh up to 60 tons. This is the largest existing dragon.

To me, this dragon is interesting. I mean, what other dragon is capable of carrying a boat off the black sea?Said boat was also empty at the time this took place. It is also said that Gringotts kept an Ironbelly that guarded the Lestrange family vault until it later broke loose with the help of Harry Potter and his friends. This dragon is native to Ukraine, a place I've always wanted to visit. This dragon also was not used in the Triwizard Tournament.

Your homework has been graded. You have received 18 points for your outstanding work.
Keep it up Ellie:)
-Professor Vega.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Homework 1-Post in the Thread   Homework 1-Post in the Thread EmptyFri Feb 15, 2013 2:29 am

Taison Delacour
Hufflepuff
First Year

Merfolk

Despite the common fairytales that muggles believe, merpeople are not all that nice. I ran into a mermaid last year when I was out by the lake with Daisee. She was very helpful to us and she tried to warn us of what was going to be happening soon, however she violent towards fish. While at Hogwarts we're taught that merpeople aren't nice and sweet, they aren't devious and evil either. Merpeople I believe, are quite misunderstood.

What I know about merpeople are that in certain circumstances, they can be open to others and very helpful. They are very defensive to their territory and families. They are believed to be vicious towards humans and other creatures. They're also said to keep to themselves. I personally disagree, but then again, I'm no expert.

Your homework has been graded. You have received 18 points for your great work.
Glad to see you had an encounter with one, however, please be careful when wandering off without an adult.
-Professor Vega.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Homework 1-Post in the Thread   Homework 1-Post in the Thread EmptyFri Feb 15, 2013 10:18 am

Emmalynne St. Pierre
Hufflepuff
First Year

Merfolk

The most common opinions about merfolk are that they are either those depicted in Muggle fairy tales or that they are vicious creatures who should be avoided at all costs. In fact, as far as I am aware, they are both and neither at the same time, as they are a species of magical creature who remain misunderstood because most people literally cannot understand them. They only see how they act toward other creatures, because merfolk speak their own language and otherwise do not seem very similar to us. In some ways they aren’t anything like us, but in others they can be very much the same as humans. They can be protective of what they feel is theirs, which is something that many people are like, and they live very much like us except underwater. They have cities, they hunt for food, they have pets. They have an entire society, and yet most of us will never be able to experience it or understand it merely because we choose to see them as inferior to us.

Your homework has been graded. You have received 20 points for your outstanding work.
Keep it up Emmalyne, and even though it's late this time, please try to be on time with the homework.
-Professor Vega.
Back to top Go down
James Riddle
Adult
James Riddle

My Character
Activity: Adult

PostSubject: Re: Homework 1-Post in the Thread   Homework 1-Post in the Thread EmptySun Feb 17, 2013 12:11 am

James Riddle
Ravenclaw
Second Year

The Hungarian Horntail

The Hungarian Horntail is one of the most infamous and feared dragons throughout the wizarding world. This fascinating creature, originating as its name suggests from Hungary, has many features which terrify anyone who crosses its path. When one faces it, danger can come from anywhere: its deadly spike tail, its incredible speed (it is able to keep up with a Firebolt broomstick), its impressive size, impenetrable black scales and bronze horns. Yet perhaps its most mortal weapon remains its flame, which can reach an astounding fifty feet.

While it may be the most notorious dragon in the magical community, the Hungarian Horntail however paradoxically stays as mysterious as it is interesting. Although it is often considered as one of the most ferocious beasts to "walk" the Earth, not much is known about it. Wizards have very seldom had the opportunity to study this creature, as it is very rare and difficult to find one. However, leading experts have recently shed new light on this creature, offering a better understanding of this breed of dragons. It is believed that they would do anything to protect the members of their family (especially their children) when they are threatened in any way, which led many to wrongly consider them as vicious monsters. That new-found complexity is one of the reasons why I was fascinated by the Horntail, alongside the fact that it reminded me of the Wyvern, a legendary creature from Muggle mythology which resembles it, notably because of its barbed tail.

OOC: Sorry for the late post, my computer wasn't working.

Your homework has been graded. You have received 20 points for your outstanding work.
Keep it up James.
-Professor Vega.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Homework 1-Post in the Thread   Homework 1-Post in the Thread Empty

Back to top Go down

Homework 1-Post in the Thread
Page 1 of 1