Live the Magic!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
The Admins
Fast Links
Current time
SPRING
Year: 2034
Term: 13
Month: March

Term 13 until TBA
House Points
Chat Box
Vote For Us
Affiliates
Photobucket Shadowplay HOS The Beginning Magical World of Harry Potter THE GIRL IS DANGEROUS Hogwarts Academy

Click here to affiliate!
Latest topics
» Chances (Ariel)
Charms, Term 10, Years 4 - 7 EmptySat May 28, 2016 11:34 pm by Ariel Wilde

» HUGE REALLY VERY IMPORTANT UPDATE - PLEASE READ
Charms, Term 10, Years 4 - 7 EmptySat May 21, 2016 11:40 pm by Hunter VanDerberg

» Sunny Afternoon (Open to Anyone)
Charms, Term 10, Years 4 - 7 EmptyFri May 20, 2016 6:58 am by Marielle Prince

» An Unfortunate Accident (Open)
Charms, Term 10, Years 4 - 7 EmptyMon May 16, 2016 2:41 am by Marielle Prince

» Marielle Aveline Prince
Charms, Term 10, Years 4 - 7 EmptySun May 15, 2016 8:57 pm by Sky

» Claim a Face
Charms, Term 10, Years 4 - 7 EmptySun May 15, 2016 8:08 am by Marielle Prince

» AFFILIATE HERE
Charms, Term 10, Years 4 - 7 EmptyMon May 09, 2016 2:42 am by Ariadne O'Rieley

» My charries need something fot their life (a plots)
Charms, Term 10, Years 4 - 7 EmptyWed May 04, 2016 8:10 am by Jessica Kim

» The Gif Game 2.0
Charms, Term 10, Years 4 - 7 EmptyTue May 03, 2016 7:39 am by Humphrey Williams

» A Dying Trade (one of JETTS characters)
Charms, Term 10, Years 4 - 7 EmptyMon May 02, 2016 12:25 am by Augustus Beckett

» Wild Child [Ariadne]
Charms, Term 10, Years 4 - 7 EmptySun May 01, 2016 6:01 am by Ariadne O'Rieley

» History Of Magic Application
Charms, Term 10, Years 4 - 7 EmptyFri Apr 22, 2016 9:41 pm by Morgana Gaunt

» Semi - Activity Check!
Charms, Term 10, Years 4 - 7 EmptyFri Apr 22, 2016 11:56 am by Hunter VanDerberg

» EVELYN'S "DRAWINGS"
Charms, Term 10, Years 4 - 7 EmptySun Apr 17, 2016 10:30 pm by Morgana Gaunt

» I Won't Say I'm In Love (closed-one shot)
Charms, Term 10, Years 4 - 7 EmptySun Apr 17, 2016 5:18 pm by Miranda Cunningham

Charms, Term 10, Years 4 - 7

Go down 
+6
Aoife O'Donnell
Agnes Beaumont
Seren Pierce
Ariel Wilde
Elita Malfoy
Andre Jean-Louis Leblanc
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Andre Jean-Louis Leblanc

Andre Jean-Louis Leblanc

My Character
::
Activity: Charms Professor

Charms, Term 10, Years 4 - 7 Empty
PostSubject: Charms, Term 10, Years 4 - 7   Charms, Term 10, Years 4 - 7 EmptyWed Oct 01, 2014 8:39 pm

Andre was almost shaking with excitement! He was finally going to be reunited with his older students, and the anticipation was almost too much to bear! He was just sitting there, in his beautiful wooden chair behind his beautiful wooden desk, waiting for his students to file through the door. Thankfully, his beret hadn't been difficult that morning and it was bearing a lovely shade of magenta as it sat upon his head! And in the drawer of his desk was the most exquisite pomegranate which he intended to present to Mademoiselle O'Donnell the moment she entered the room! Pomegranates were by far the best fruit, and she would realize it after she tried the one that Andre had hand-picked for her while in France over the summer! Behind him, the blackboard had loopy writing scrawled across it.

Charms, Term 10, Years 4 - 7 Ioqikg
Back to top Go down
Elita Malfoy
Adult
Elita Malfoy

My Character
Activity: Divinations professor

PostSubject: Re: Charms, Term 10, Years 4 - 7   Charms, Term 10, Years 4 - 7 EmptyThu Oct 02, 2014 4:16 am

Elita walked into Charms. She was actually on time for once and by the looks of it, she was even early. She didn't bother hiding her baby bump anymore. She was learning to embrace the fact that Lucas was growing inside of her. She embraced the fact that she had created something beautiful from something terrible. Who cares what people think? She didn't care if they called her a slut or not.

She took a seat near the middle of the classroom that had a red sticker that matched her name on the board, expecting whoever this Anthony kid to sit next to her. She'd heard a lot of good things about this professor, but never actually met him. Maybe he'd actually be a good professor unlike the previous ones.
Back to top Go down
Ariel Wilde
Head Girl
Head Girl
Ariel Wilde

My Character
Activity:

PostSubject: Re: Charms, Term 10, Years 4 - 7   Charms, Term 10, Years 4 - 7 EmptyThu Oct 02, 2014 4:10 pm

Walking back into Charms was a very weird feeling for Ariel. Things had changed over the summer. So drastically. She'd barely seen her mom at all, Darcy had been so stressed, and Ariel had felt like such a burden that she'd mostly stayed in her room, until Darcy pulled her out. Their days had turned to waking up, showering, eating, watching movies, eating again, playing soccer, eating and then watching movies. Every day.

Until Hogsmeade. Ariel, who actually had started to feel lighter again, had shrunk back to a sad, unknowing girl, and her mother hadn't been there. Only Darcy. And though Darcy always made Ariel feel safe, she didn't always get her to laugh and be happy. Hunter had. But what were the chances of that now?

Ariel walked into the classroom and was shocked by how normal everything seemed. She looked to the blackboard and for a brief moment, she felt relieved. And then so guilty. She was glad that she was placed with Blake, but she'd been relieved that she wasn't placed with Hunter. Which lead to the wave of guilt. He'd been there for her, she owed him so much for that.

But he hadn't spoken to her at all. And she didn't know what to say. "Sorry that your brother was murdered by a monster"? Yeah, as if that would cut it. She knew she would have to step up and help him soon. It was just a big block in the road that she'd have to climb first...

She gave a glance in the Slytherin girl's direction - she didn't really know who she was - and then sat down a bit further up the front.
Back to top Go down
Seren Pierce
Adult
Seren Pierce

My Character
Activity: Ravenclaw Student

PostSubject: Re: Charms, Term 10, Years 4 - 7   Charms, Term 10, Years 4 - 7 EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 2:00 am

Seren had no idea how this term was going to go. Last year had been wonderful. Seren had had a brilliant year with her boyfriend, had done well in school, and had been looking forward to the future! But then the events in Diagon Alley had changed everything. They had only been back for a few days, and Hunter was more distant than ever.

It almost felt as though the entire fifth and fourth year classes had fallen into a respectful, silent grief of their own. Perhaps because, despite the drama that they'd all been through, the VanDerbergs were a large portion of life at Hogwarts. Popular wasn't the correct word anymore. It was obvious that they were truly cared about, even if most people were unsure of how to act around them now. And seeing them so deeply hurt seemed to make old grudges seem quite pointless.

Perhaps this was why Seren didn't even blink when she saw her name paired with Aoife O'Donnells when she walked into charms class. Seren simply released a small sigh and took a seat on her own to the side of the classroom. Hunter's friend Ariel was already present, as well as on older girl that Seren didn't know. Hunter had been paired with somebody named Agnes, but Seren didn't know anybody by that name. She simply propped her head on her hand and waited for her LOVELY partner to arrive along with the rest of the class.
Back to top Go down
Agnes Beaumont
Adult
Agnes Beaumont

My Character
Activity: Gryffindor Alumni, Photographer, Daily Prophet Journalist

PostSubject: Re: Charms, Term 10, Years 4 - 7   Charms, Term 10, Years 4 - 7 EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 3:27 am

Charms was by far the most interesting class, or so Agnes had always thought. She liked being able to create spells and if she got to do that and get a great mark on the class, then she was up for it. Naturally, Agnes was excited about Charms. Yes, excited to the point where she was willing to get there early. The professor, whom she knew was French because she'd overheard some students talking about their schedules, made her feel much better. A fellow Frenchperson! Agnes was grinning, too, from ear to ear as she walked towards her classroom. She refused to wear the stupid robes, still, so she was stuck wearing her Gryffindor sweater again. She wasn't going to admit it, but she liked that the House animal was a lion. She liked to believe she was fierce, not afraid of people, not to mention she was a feminist.

So, when she walked into class and saw that there were only girls she jumped in excitement a little. She wouldn't have to deal with any guys like that dickweed from the train! But, obviouslym there were also boys in the class. With a glance at the board, she saw that they had already been paired up. There was an Oliver, and Anthony, a Blake and a Hunter. And she was paired up with the last one, the one with the silly name. Seriously, what kind of surname was VANDERBERG? It sounded like a sound one would make while throwing up and trying to speak at the same time. Shrugging, she took her time decide,ing where to sit and that was when she noticed the awesome beret the professor was wearing. She walked up to him instead, "Professor? I absolutely love your beret!" She grinned, wondering if she could get one like that in Britain, or if she would have to travel back to France to get it. "May I ask, where did you get it? I love magenta!"
Back to top Go down
Aoife O'Donnell
Adult
Aoife O'Donnell

My Character
Activity: Gryffindor - Year 7, Head Girl

PostSubject: Re: Charms, Term 10, Years 4 - 7   Charms, Term 10, Years 4 - 7 EmptySat Oct 04, 2014 9:06 am

Aoife was the most excited she had been all term. It didn’t really mean much, since she had been far less excitable this term due to the unexcitable atmosphere that clouded the whole school. Still, she was looking forward to Charms, and seeing Monsieur Leblanc again. But she got the feeling he might be a bit annoying and oblivious to nobody being in the best mood, because he was so crazy and immature and whatever. She walked slowly along the corridor and up the stairs, which were being surprisingly nice and not moving about today, feeling slightly miserable and slightly happy, if that made sense.

When she got there, she smiled at Professor Leblanc but soon realised she had forgotten her beret. Brilliant. How ridiculous, Charms without wearing her beret! And to add to her bad mood, she glanced up at the board to see who she was paired with. Sometimes it seemed like Leblanc was out to pair her with her least favourite people in the class, but she knew he wasn’t like that. Without throwing the usual tantrum - haha, she WASN’T predictable! - she went to sit by Seren who was already there. It was a different thing not throwing a tantrum and acting civil. She went for the same technique as COMC, looking away and ignoring her.
Back to top Go down
Lyra VanDerberg
Seventh Year
Seventh Year
Lyra VanDerberg

My Character
Activity: Gryffindor-Year I

PostSubject: Re: Charms, Term 10, Years 4 - 7   Charms, Term 10, Years 4 - 7 EmptySun Oct 05, 2014 7:40 pm

This was the first class Lyra was actually going to. And that was only because she had come to the realisation that she had OWLs next year and she would fail everything if she skipped all her classes, even if she did read through her textbooks over and over again. This was Charms, anyway. It was easy. And she wouldn’t have to do any work for the whole lesson, but it still counted as going to class. She woke up, got ready quickly without a word to Ariel and went to breakfast, then from there walked straight to Charms, so was on time.

From the looks of the board, they would be working in partners. She scowled. Why was it so hard to not talk to anybody? She didn’t recognise the name Aislinn Umbridge, so she took a seat at the back of the classroom away from everyone else. There was still the slither of hope that Aislinn didn’t show up.
Back to top Go down
Hunter VanDerberg
Admin
Admin
Hunter VanDerberg

My Character
Activity: Trainee Auror

PostSubject: Re: Charms, Term 10, Years 4 - 7   Charms, Term 10, Years 4 - 7 EmptySun Oct 05, 2014 11:23 pm

Charms was probably the easiest class ever to skip. Professor Leblanc never cared if his students were late or present or anything. He acted like if they didn't turn up they were off discovering great things when really they were just sleeping or eating like every other teenager in the world. But Hunter figured that, along with potions, getting a decent mark in charms was probably essential to his future and shit. But to make up for the fact that he was going at all, he took his time getting there. Somehow, even though the room was mostly full, he managed to arrive before class actually started.

His eyes were instantly drawn to the blackboard, because Professor Leblanc always wrote in obnoxiously bright colors that made Hunter question the man's sexuality. And of course, they were grouped into pairs - as if it wasn't hard enough to avoid his friends as it was. Now, he'd be forced to work with them on some stupid charms project. But as his eyes scanned the blackboard, it didn't seem like he was paired with any of his friends. Blake was with Ariel. Aoife and Seren. His sister had been paired with Aislinn - but then his eyes found his own name, and he stopped dead in his tracks as he saw the name written right below it. Agnes Beaumont. Agnes. Agnes the bitch from the train. Hell no. There she was, all the way up front like the stuck up suck up she probably was, talking to the professor. Hunter lingered there in the doorway, debating on whether to turn around and walk out right then. Because there was no way in hell he was working with her.

With a sigh, Hunter made up his mind and stepped into the room. He'd already made the trek there, and he could always leave later on if he felt like it. Completely ignoring Agnes, who probably hadn't seen him yet, he headed toward Aoife and Seren. They were sitting together but actively ignoring each other. He flicked the back of Aoife's head as he passed, but took a seat beside his girlfriend, all the while glaring at the girl in the front of the room. "Since you two both look entirely unhappy with this arrangement, either of you want my partner?" Hunter asked sarcastically, laying his head down on the desk and waiting for class to start. Maybe he could just merge into Seren and Aoife's group without Leblanc noticing. Or maybe he could pretend to be Blake and go be partners with Ariel - even though Hunter hadn't talked to her since the start of term. Anything would be better than this.
Back to top Go down
Andre Jean-Louis Leblanc

Andre Jean-Louis Leblanc

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Charms, Term 10, Years 4 - 7   Charms, Term 10, Years 4 - 7 EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 2:19 am

AHA, and 'ere are ze students!! Andre squeaked in excitement and folded his hands together happily as students started filing into the room. "Welcome Mademoiselle Vega! Ah, and Mademoiselle Wilde, 'ow marvelous it is to see you again!" As the room filled, Andre could feel that the excitement was less potent than it usually was in his classroom. And of course, he knew why. The death of the young muggle in Diagon Alley was a tragedy - Andre had weeped for days when he heard of it! Such a preposterous, terrible waste of life. These older students were sad because the dead boy's family was among them.

Which was why Andre had brought extra candy to class, of course! Nothing lifted spirits like sugar and sweets! So as another student joined - Mademoiselle Pierce, an exceptionally bright girl - Andre dug into his desk and pulled out a few large sacks of candy. "Please, everyone 'elp yourself to as much candy as you would like! Zere are bertie botts and licorice wands and zese absolutely marvelous little candies from Les Champs zat are simply delightful!" Andre exclaimed to the incoming students, beaming around at all of them.

And then a student entered that Andre didn't recognize! And she walked right up to him! And complimented his beret - yes, his beret! In the most wonderful accent that he had heard come from a students mouth in his entire four years of teaching! Overwhelmed with happiness, he swept his beret from his head and greeted her. "AHA! And you must me Mademoiselle Beaumont, ze transfer from Beauxbatons! Ah, do I miss the bouillabaisse there! You see, I attended zere many years ago!" Andre just could not stop beaming at the fellow french person standing in front of him! "'owever, Mademoiselle, I am sure zat you will like it 'ere as well! I know zat I 'ave! Zere are many intriguing zings in zis castle, and it is very large!" Oh, his beret! "It is from Lyon!" he squeaked happily. "It 'as served me faithfully for years!"

But as wonderful as this lovely girl standing in front of him was, he had to turn his attention away from her momentarily. Because his favorite student had just entered the room! She seemed quite mellow in comparison to her normal personality, but Andre found that it made sense. She was close with ze VanDerberg family, after all. Still, excused himself from the french girl and snatched his present for his favorite student from his desk. "Mademoiselle O'Donnell!" he beamed. "I will not bother you for long, but I wanted to present you wit zis gift zat I picked myself from ze most intriguing pomegranate tree in France!" With a sweeping motion, he presented the pomegranate to her, setting it gently on her desk. "I do 'ope zat you enjoy it! It is a very exquisite fruit!"

Then, not wanting to leave the french girl standing there, he retreated back to his desk. As he did so, two of the most solemn people so far snuck into the room. One took a seat in the back, and the other slipped around and sat with his companions. Hunter and Lyra. Andre released a small, sad sigh at the sight of them, but instantly put a smile on once again. They wouldn't become happy if they were surrounded by sadness! And Monsieur VanDerberg was not sitting with his partner, by any means! That was probably because they didn't know who each other were! Andre had paired the VanDerberg boy with the french girl because french people were wonderful and happy and gracious and he was sad! So perhaps ze french girl, being french, would be able to cheer him up!

"Monsieur VanDerberg!" Andre said, smiling gently at him. "I am sure zat you want to sit with Mademoiselle Pierce, but I do believe zat you see 'er quite enough outside of class if ze rumors are true. Come, come, let me introduce you to ze person I 'ave paired you with! She is new, and I expect zat you will be quite welcoming to 'er!" As Andre spoke, he grabbed the VanDerberg boy by the arm and pulled him out of his seat, leading him to the front so that he could introduce him to the lovely french girl. When they reached her, Andre placed the boy directly in front of her and introduced them. "Mademoiselle Beaumont, zis will be your partner for ze next few weeks! 'unter VanDerberg! Monsieur VanDerberg, Mademoiselle Beaumont transferred 'ere zis term from Beauxbatons! I suspect zat you two will get along marvelously!" And with that, Andre stepped back and beamed back and forth between the two of them.
Back to top Go down
Victoria Campero
Adult
Victoria Campero

My Character
Activity: Ravenclaw- Year I

PostSubject: Re: Charms, Term 10, Years 4 - 7   Charms, Term 10, Years 4 - 7 EmptyTue Oct 07, 2014 11:24 pm

The temptation to skip Charms today, and every other day after that, was overwhelming. Victoria knew that it was the one class she could do reasonable well in without actually even showing up. Maybe turn in a few essays and homework assingments. Andre wouldn't care and he probably wouldn't even notice her absence. But since she did sign up for the class, the least she could do was attend the first lecture of  the year. Besides, she was hoping for a quick introductory lesson and an early lunch afterwards.

Entering the classroom, the first thing she noticed was a large blackboard with all the student's names written down on it. There were asked to sit in pairs! Like this was kindergarden or something. Searching for her name, Victoria grinned when she saw that Ollie was paired with her. Thankfully it was someone she was actually excited to work with for a change. Looking at the list further, she saw that her brother was paired with some girl named Elita. Poor girl, she didn't know what she was getting her self into. Another unfortunate pair on the list was Seren and Aoife. Hopefully the professor will notice the tension between the two of them and set them appart before any serious damage is done.

"Hi Professor Andre!", she greeted him with a smile. Despite her lack of interested in Charms, she had to admit that Andre was a good professor and rather amusing at times. If not anything, his classes were at least always entertaining. "Hey guys", Victoria said passing next to Aoife, Seren and Hunter. All of them looked rather unhappy with their seating arrangements. Ollie still wasn't here yet so Victoria took an empty seat in the third row and waited for her partner.
Back to top Go down
Agnes Beaumont
Adult
Agnes Beaumont

My Character
Activity: Gryffindor Alumni, Photographer, Daily Prophet Journalist

PostSubject: Re: Charms, Term 10, Years 4 - 7   Charms, Term 10, Years 4 - 7 EmptyThu Oct 09, 2014 10:52 pm

Agnes couldn't help but grin when he greeted her with such enthusiasm. With a professor who sported such a big smile, Agnes couldn't even find a single thing to bitch to him about. She nodded when he said his name, glad that he was also French because he would understand her love for France like no one else could. "Yes, interesting things...like the ugly uniforms..." Agnes said rather quietly, trailing off at the end of her sentence. She was not over how ridiculous the uniforms at Hogwarts were, but she really liked her Gryffindor sweater even if it was red and she hated that color. There were also other interesting things such as the Quidditch. Agnes had been reading about it and planned to try out the upcoming week when the other students did. Agnes giggled when he talked about his beret's faithfullness. Monseiur Le Blanc seemed to be the best one yet.

Agnes nodded when he excused himself, and she watched for a moment as he went up to another student. Agnes quickly returned her eyes to the board. Hunter VanDerberg  She wondered if he had curly hair, of if he was super short and balding already. He could be a dwarf! He sounded like a Hufflepuff...but maybe also a Slytherin. Agnes had researched the Houses and the qualities very closely in order to figure out whyshe had been placed in Gryffindor in the first place. She was trying to think of who this Hunter boy might be, hoping he was younger, in his 4th year, because that would make it wasier for her to either ignore him or like him, but then she saw Le Blanc walking back towards her. Maybe he was going to tell her that this Hunter kid had not showed up, or maybe he was going to introduce her to the girl he had been speaking to.

Le Blanc walked upto someone else, though. A boy. Wait. Not a boy. A neanderthal. The one from the train! Whyyyy was he in this class? Couldn't he take Potions or Divination at this hour!?! Agnes groaned, her happy mood suddenly corrupted with the idiot's presence.she turned around, not wanting to even see him, and faced the board. Wait. The board. Pairs. WHAT!? She read the name of her partner, her eyes growing wide, foosteps behind her, and realization slapped her straight in the face...so hard it actually stung. She whiped her head back to where Le Blanc had been standing with Neanderthal, but they were walking towards her. Both of them. Agnes frowned immediatelly. There was no way she would work with HIM. No way. "Monseiur?" Agns said, completely ignoring Hunter Neanderthal VanDerberg and facing her professor. "I am sorry. I refuse to work with someone so ignoant and uncivilized" Agnes crossed her arms against her chest, the way she did when her brother used to lecture her
Back to top Go down
Andre Jean-Louis Leblanc

Andre Jean-Louis Leblanc

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Charms, Term 10, Years 4 - 7   Charms, Term 10, Years 4 - 7 EmptyFri Oct 10, 2014 12:07 am

Andre was still beaming at the young girl and boy that he'd paired together when the french girl turned to him - surely to praise him for taking such care to give her a partner who he was certain she would get along with! But then, she crossed her arms and said that she wouldn't be paired with the VanDerberg boy because he was ignorant and uncivilized! Those were very strong words, coming from someone French! Andre would know, after all, and his face fell instantly. He looked over at the VanDerberg boy, who had been silent so far, to see him standing with his arms crossed as well, refusing to look at the girl in front of him. "Ah, but I did not know zat you knew each ozer! And it seems zat you 'ave not gotten along so far!"

Oh no! What was Andre going to do?! He'd spent a very long time choosing his pairs! He'd paired his favorite student with his brightest student, because they would certainly come up with something magnificent together! The Bennett boy with Mademoiselle Campero because, quite frankly, Andre thought they would make the most charming couple! And Monsieur VanDerberg with Mademoiselle Beaumont because they would be compatible! He had even derived their names to be certain, and Arithmancy numbers did not lie to Andre! But now, they disliked each other! And Andre didn't know how to handle such a conflict! Conflict was beyond him - people should live in constant happiness and wonder! But he couldn't disrupt the other groups now that he'd made them!

He looked once more at the two of them, and remembered what the VanDerberg boy had been through. And Andre's heart went out to him. And Mademoiselle Beaumont was french, so surely her heart would go out to him too, once she realized!! And then everything would be lovely! So, this once - and only this once - Andre decided to put his foot down. In a very kind way of course. "I am sorry to ze both of you for zis, but I 'ave chosen ze pairs very specifically and I can not adjust zem now! You must work together, until ze end of ze project, and I 'ope zat you will come to see ze good in one another! Now, please take a seat next to each other." Phew. That was terrible, having to be authoritative. Thank goodness it was over. Andre trusted that they wouldn't force him to do it again.

With that small bump in the road dealt with, Andre turned his attention to the whole class and spread his arms out wide. "Welcome back to all of you who 'ave returned to zis class!" he exclaimed happily. "Now, I am aware zat zere is a wide variety of magical ability 'ere. So, I 'ave partnered you with another who I believe will 'ave a similar ability level to you. Zese will be your partners for ze next few weeks, as we are going to be working on a most exciting project." How exciting! Andre was so happy to be starting class again! "Now, to begin, zere are three aspects to a charm or incantation! Three things zat you must do to cast a charm. Can anyone tell me what any of zese three parts are?"
Back to top Go down
Oliver Bennett
Head Boy
Head Boy
Oliver Bennett

My Character
Activity: Hufflepuff - Year 7, Head Boy, Three Broomsticks worker

PostSubject: Re: Charms, Term 10, Years 4 - 7   Charms, Term 10, Years 4 - 7 EmptyFri Oct 10, 2014 3:02 pm

Okay, Oliver was just a little bit late. Just a tiny bit late. Like a millisecond late. But he had a perfectly good excuse! Not that Professor Le Blanc even would ask, but just in case he did Ollie was more than ready to tell him the truth. He had gotten himself stuck between the sheets of his bed. Literally. It wasn't like he'd overslept because his alarm didn't go off, no. In fact, the alarm went off incredibly loudly and poor Ollie practically jumped off his bed.

There were golden skies and magenta trees in his dreams, and he was chasing a sparkling white rabbit across a garden. But suddenly he was falling off the edge of his bed and colliding face-down with the cold floor, his nose hitting first. Well, crap, he thought as he felt the queasy feeling that came with a bloody nose. His dreams of chasing must have actually made him want to run because for some reason he was so tangled in the sheets that it took him about ten minutes to detangle himself. He'd had to stop panicking over his abrupt awakening, and then work on loosening his skinny body out of the massive cotton sheets and comforter and fix his injured nose.

Luckily, he'd gotten himself out just in time to be only a few minutes late. He must look pretty strange, though, with unruly hair and a two pieces of toilet paper rolled up his nose to stop the blood from leaving his body. A simple bloody nose was not going to be the reason he missed Charms class. Before walking in, he fixed his uniform, which was just his pants and his Hufflepuff sweater, no socks. Then he managed to calm his rebellious morning hair and Ollie decided it was time to walk in.

He was greeted by the board, and Professor Le Blanc saying something about pairs and weeks and stuff. Scanning the man's fancy handwriting, Ollie found his name next to Victoria's. Yes! A friend! Ollie grinned goofily, searching for Victoria and taking a seat next to her. Despite his weird appearance and his light headedness, he was super glad he was working with her. "Victoriaaa!" he greeted her with a smile, secretly thanking Professor Le Blanc for separating the classes so Ollie wouldn't have to deal with Matthew's obvious dislike for Victoria.
Back to top Go down
Aoife O'Donnell
Adult
Aoife O'Donnell

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Charms, Term 10, Years 4 - 7   Charms, Term 10, Years 4 - 7 EmptySat Oct 11, 2014 10:00 pm

Aoife beamed at Professor Leblanc when he mentioned a present. And... wow! A pomegranate! "Thanks, Professor!" she replied, giving him the thumbs up sign before going off to her seat. She glanced sceptically at the fruit. It didn't APPEAR to be rotting and going mouldy. And Leblanc was too nice to poison her. Maybe he really had picked it very recently, or maybe there was a fruit preservation charm that she had never heard of before. Either way, she was sure if would be fine. She took a big bite of it and immediately her worries washed away. This was a very nice pomegranate. Where could she get another of these? Rather than taking sweets like usual, she just chewed happily on her pomegranate. Wonderful.

When Hunter turned up, she nodded and snorted at his proposal. "I will take anyone over her," she said without hesitation. But that didn't happen, because the professor turned up with a French girl who seemed to be Hunter's partner. And she didn't seem too happy about it. Fair enough. But she should cut him some slack, his life was pretty shite. She just looked at Seren to try and read how she felt about this. It was actually quite funny.

Soon enough, class started and she was glad, because waiting and being forced to sit by Seren wasn't fun. And the first question she knew the answer to. SmartAoife. She raised her hand triumphantly. "Wand movement, incantation and intent!" Aoife grinned. The only reason she knew that was because... well, she'd been reading her charms book last night in a studious manner. OWL year and all that. Deirdre said she was meant to study.
Back to top Go down
Andre Jean-Louis Leblanc

Andre Jean-Louis Leblanc

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Charms, Term 10, Years 4 - 7   Charms, Term 10, Years 4 - 7 EmptyTue Oct 14, 2014 7:08 pm

Of course someone in the class would know the answer! Because these were his older students, and many of them were very bright! Some of them were also not so bright, but what Andre had in store for them would be marvelous regardless of their skill level! He was certain that this would be a brilliant class! When a hand shot in the air, Andre smiled and turned to see whose it was. But when he saw that it was his favorite student's hand, he was absolutely beaming as he called on her! "Yes, Mademoiselle O'Donnell?" Aha, and she knew the answer, too! All three of them!

"Marvelous, Mademoiselle, just marvelous! Ten points to Gryffindor!" Ah, it felt so lovely to give out points! And why not give out some more then? "And Monsieur Bennet, five points to Hufflepuff as well for your stylish nose plugs! Per'aps I will 'ave to get myself a pair of zose as well, it zis is a new fashion trend!" Yes! Points! Now that that was done, he could go on explaining what he had in store! "Now, Mademoiselle O'Donnell was exactly right. Ze three parts of a spell are ze incantation, ze wand movement, and ze intention. Now, some of you may be zinking, what about nonverbal spells? But, even in zis case, ze incantation must be thought! You see?"

Now it was time to introduce the marvelous project! "Now, I 'ave planned a project for ze class zat we will start today, but zat you will be working on for ze next few weeks with your partners! You 'ave all learned many spells. You know the parts of a spell. But now, we are going to zink about where zese spells came from! Somebody, at some point, must 'ave discovered zem!" Andre beamed and rocked excitedly on the balls of his feet. "You see, it turns out zat zere is actually a spell for anyzing, if you can find ze right combination of incantation, zot, and intention! Now, matching ze word and intention can be straightforward, but ze motion can be tricky to master. Ze project zat we will be working on is zis - you will be, in your pairs, creating a spell of your own! Now, I expect zat ze older ones will develop more intricate spells zan ze younger! Zese spells will be performed in front of ze class in a few weeks and awarded up to forty points per person!"

Oh, Andre couldn't wait until that day! "Now, just so zat you 'ave an idea of what you will be doing, someone please give me a simple spell effect zat you would like to see - one zat I can create before your very eyes, a spell effect zat you do not yet know an incantation for. Anyone, please!"
Back to top Go down
Aoife O'Donnell
Adult
Aoife O'Donnell

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Charms, Term 10, Years 4 - 7   Charms, Term 10, Years 4 - 7 EmptySat Oct 18, 2014 10:28 am

When Aoife heard the task, she beamed with excitement. And then she remembered Seren was sitting next to her, and Seren was her partner, and suddenly it didn’t seem so exciting anymore. Mainly because they had to work together, and her boring uptight partner wouldn’t want to make a spell that was FUN. At least Seren was good at everything, so they were bound to get good marks. That wasn’t to say she’d be letting Seren do all the work or anything, of course! But the Ravenclaw could just correct the work she did! They HAD to get the full forty points on this! It was going to be an intricate, useful and difficult spell. She needed to prove to everyone that she was awesome at Charms and was going to do amazingly well in her OWL for it.

The first thing that came to her head was a sheep cleaning spell, but there wasn’t even any point in mentioning that to Seren. Anything involving sheep would immediately be crossed off the list. And she wasn’t really in the mood to argue about it. She was sure she would come up with a non-sheep-related brilliant idea before long, and Seren would be so astounded by its glory she would immediately agree. But that hadn’t happened yet.

Leblanc asked a question, and her grin was back. “Turn that table into a sheep!”
Back to top Go down
Victoria Campero
Adult
Victoria Campero

My Character
Activity: Ravenclaw- Year I

PostSubject: Re: Charms, Term 10, Years 4 - 7   Charms, Term 10, Years 4 - 7 EmptyWed Oct 22, 2014 9:42 pm

A loud and excited cheer of her name distracted Victoria, who was going over her Charms notes from the last year. Raising her head, she saw Ollie enter the room and take a seat next to her. It was not until he was in close proximity of her that she noticed there was something wrong about his face. "Hi Ollie!", she greeted him with the same goofy grin. Thank Merlin she had a good partner to work with or otherwise this project would turn into a nightmare. Victoria was never fond of 'group work'. Solitary projects and assignments were much easier to figure out, seeing how you didn't have to adapt to two or more totally different people. 

"Are you... alright?", she asked examining Ollie's nose. There were spots of blood on the rolled up pieces of toilet paper he had jammed into his nose. What had happened to him? Was he sick? Well he did seem a bit pale, but Victoria doubted that a nose bleed was a symptom of the common cold. "You look - unwell. Were you in a fight?", she asked with a concerned tone of voice. Seeing the small bruising on his nose confirmed her theory. 'Maybe he was in a fight' she thought as an anxious feeling ran down her spine. But that didn't make sense at all. Who would Ollie fight with and why?

Not being patient enough to actually hear his answer or explanation of the whole thing, Victoria jumped to offer her assistance. She didn't read all those healing books for nothing! "I can fix it for you. If you want. Your nose I mean. It's a pretty simple spell", she assured him. This was definitely not the first broken nose she would fix. If he would let her that is. 

She briefly turned her attention back to prof Leblanc as he was explaining their project. They were to create a spell of their own - how exciting! So many ideas were rushing through her mind that she didn't know which one to pick. "Oh! We could create a healing spell against the killing curse! Although I am not sure if that is even possible..."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Charms, Term 10, Years 4 - 7   Charms, Term 10, Years 4 - 7 Empty

Back to top Go down

Charms, Term 10, Years 4 - 7
Page 1 of 1