Live the Magic!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
The Admins
Fast Links
Current time
SPRING
Year: 2034
Term: 13
Month: March

Term 13 until TBA
House Points
Chat Box
Vote For Us
Affiliates
Photobucket Shadowplay HOS The Beginning Magical World of Harry Potter THE GIRL IS DANGEROUS Hogwarts Academy

Click here to affiliate!
Latest topics
» Chances (Ariel)
An Interesting Introduction (Lucia) EmptySat May 28, 2016 11:34 pm by Ariel Wilde

» HUGE REALLY VERY IMPORTANT UPDATE - PLEASE READ
An Interesting Introduction (Lucia) EmptySat May 21, 2016 11:40 pm by Hunter VanDerberg

» Sunny Afternoon (Open to Anyone)
An Interesting Introduction (Lucia) EmptyFri May 20, 2016 6:58 am by Marielle Prince

» An Unfortunate Accident (Open)
An Interesting Introduction (Lucia) EmptyMon May 16, 2016 2:41 am by Marielle Prince

» Marielle Aveline Prince
An Interesting Introduction (Lucia) EmptySun May 15, 2016 8:57 pm by Sky

» Claim a Face
An Interesting Introduction (Lucia) EmptySun May 15, 2016 8:08 am by Marielle Prince

» AFFILIATE HERE
An Interesting Introduction (Lucia) EmptyMon May 09, 2016 2:42 am by Ariadne O'Rieley

» My charries need something fot their life (a plots)
An Interesting Introduction (Lucia) EmptyWed May 04, 2016 8:10 am by Jessica Kim

» The Gif Game 2.0
An Interesting Introduction (Lucia) EmptyTue May 03, 2016 7:39 am by Humphrey Williams

» A Dying Trade (one of JETTS characters)
An Interesting Introduction (Lucia) EmptyMon May 02, 2016 12:25 am by Augustus Beckett

» Wild Child [Ariadne]
An Interesting Introduction (Lucia) EmptySun May 01, 2016 6:01 am by Ariadne O'Rieley

» History Of Magic Application
An Interesting Introduction (Lucia) EmptyFri Apr 22, 2016 9:41 pm by Morgana Gaunt

» Semi - Activity Check!
An Interesting Introduction (Lucia) EmptyFri Apr 22, 2016 11:56 am by Hunter VanDerberg

» EVELYN'S "DRAWINGS"
An Interesting Introduction (Lucia) EmptySun Apr 17, 2016 10:30 pm by Morgana Gaunt

» I Won't Say I'm In Love (closed-one shot)
An Interesting Introduction (Lucia) EmptySun Apr 17, 2016 5:18 pm by Miranda Cunningham

An Interesting Introduction (Lucia)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Andre Jean-Louis Leblanc

Andre Jean-Louis Leblanc

My Character
::
Activity: Charms Professor

An Interesting Introduction (Lucia) Empty
PostSubject: An Interesting Introduction (Lucia)   An Interesting Introduction (Lucia) EmptySat Jul 12, 2014 3:32 pm

Ah, 'ogwarts! 'ow I 'ave missed ze place! Andre thought to himself when he arrived for the start of term. It was hard to believe that he'd been a professor at the school for three years. He'd had such wonderful times in the castle, and met so many wonderful students, and gotten to know so much wonderful furniture! And Andre had truly missed his beautiful desk and chair over the summer. He'd considered bringing both with them, but felt rude to rip them unwillingly from their home inside his quarters. But it was a glorious reunion, when he entered his chambers for the first time since summer had started. "Aha! But 'ow I 'ave missed you both!" Andre exclaimed, dropping his belongings on the floor and rushing over to his wooden friends.

After spending a good amount of time admiring his desk and chair, and also giving some attention to the rest of the furniture in the room - It would be unkind to ignore zem just because zey are not made of wood! - he decided to make his way down to the staff room to say hello to his favorite chair that he always sat in when he was grading his exams or pondering the non-existence of wood flavored tea. Really, Madam Puddifoot was doing a disservice to the community by not offering such an exquisite tea flavor!

Andre took his time heading down to the staff room - after all, there was so much architecture that he needed to admire, and several paintings for him to chat with on the way down. of course, he stopped at his favorite painting of the frenchman with a beret just like Andre's to say hello - of course, Andre's beret was much cooler because it was purple. But Andre was not one to judge others by the color of their beret. He just thought that everyone should have a beret, that was all. Eventually, he did manage to find his way into the staff room, and he beamed brightly around, thoroughly excited to say hello to his chair!

Oh! But there was somebody sitting in it! The lovely woman who was the potions professor had her bottom placed upon Andre's chair! But Andre had come all the way down here to say hello to it! Surely, if he explained the predicament to the woman, she would be understanding. So he approached her and swept his beret graciously from his head. "Mademoiselle!" he greeted her with a big smile. "I am Andre Jean-Louis Leblanc, ze Arithmancy and Charms instructor. I do not believe zat we 'ave met formally!" It would be rude to not start with an introduction. "I am sorry to bother you, but you see, I 'ave traveled down here from my chambers to spend some time with zis particular chair zat you are seated upon! I 'ave not seen it since term ended last year, and I 'ave missed it terribly." Surely she could understand that. "Per'aps you wouldn't mind if I retrieve another chair for you to place your bottom upon so zat I can say 'ello to zis one properly?"
Back to top Go down
Lucia Henley

Lucia Henley

My Character
Activity: Adult, Potions Professor

PostSubject: Re: An Interesting Introduction (Lucia)   An Interesting Introduction (Lucia) EmptySun Jul 13, 2014 8:10 pm

Being back at Hogwarts was a good feeling. Of course, now Lucia's summers weren't as lonely anymore as she had Blake staying at home with her. She had grown seriously fond of the boy and it had been hard to leave a couple of days before him to get everything ready at her office. She had arranged everything, though. A ministry cab to drive him to King's Cross, made two dinners ready for him to eat at any moment and just generally made sure he'd be comfortable.

And now she was back at Hogwarts, her office a complete mess and trying to work out what to get the students to make for her in their first lesson of the year. She was curious about the skill-level and if they had evolved over the summer. Potions wasn't just about reading up on things, or learning by doing. It was also a discipline, and the older you got, the more precise and hard-working you became. Most of the time.

Lucia walked out of her office, getting demotivated by her mess and into the staff room. She had indeed missed this room. She really enjoyed it. It was bright, but not too bright, it was calm and quite, but not boringly so. It was the perfect balance for professors. She sat down at a random chair, and started reading a copy of the Daily Prophet that was lying on the table.

Apparently, the Minister had bought a new suit. How interesting. When did the Daily Prophet change from a newspaper to a tabloid? She sighed and continued on. She didn't stop turning the pages until she reached the comics. Honestly, when nothing was more interesting that the comics, something was seriously wrong. Because, honestly, Lucia was getting sick of the wizard vs. muggle jokes. They were getting boring.

And then a man burst into the room. She recognized him as professor Leblanc, one of the professors she hadn't talked much to. More like, at all… She smiled at him as he started by saying mademoiselle. Lucia had been in France quite a few times and thoroughly enjoyed the country. She listened to his explanation and barely managed from raising her eyebrows. His enthusiasm for chairs… wow. She had a hard time not breaking out laughing.

"Well, dear, Andre - may I call you Andre? - I would hate to stand, or rather, sit in the way of your reunion," she said with a big grin. "And I'm Lucia Henley, the Potions instructor, and I believe you are right!" she continued joyously. "I have not made a bond to the chairs in this room, but you are making me reconsider my decision. I wouldn't mind being so passionate about a chair myself." Lucia chuckled a bit at this statement.

She waved her hand at his suggestion. "Don't be ridiculous!" she said and rose from the chair, "I only have to take three more steps to find a new one." She sat down at the chair opposite the one she had been sitting at. She looked at Andre, gesturing to the chair. "It is all yours," she hummed, and crossed her feet. "So, are you ready for a new school year?" she asked him, still a bit anxious that she had yet to figure out the potions for the different classes.
Back to top Go down
Andre Jean-Louis Leblanc

Andre Jean-Louis Leblanc

My Character
Activity: Charms Professor

PostSubject: Re: An Interesting Introduction (Lucia)   An Interesting Introduction (Lucia) EmptySat Jul 19, 2014 2:21 am

Once Andre had finished, he stood staring anxiously at the woman, his beret held between his hands, in the same way that a child might when asking their parents if they could have some candy. A lot depended on her answer, after all! But when she responded, she smiled brightly at him, and Andre beamed back at her. Of course, he was in a rush to greet the chair, but the woman had introduced herself back! And Andre couldn't just ignore her introduction - that would be rude!

"Mademoiselle Henley!" he exclaimed flamboyantly, bending at his waist in a slight bow. "Why, it is a pleasure to make ze acquaintance of another professor at zis wonderful school!" If possible, Andre's smile grew even wider when she acknowledged that she might want to consider spending some quality time with the chairs! "Yes, zey are quite marvelous pieces of furniture, ze chairs 'ere at 'ogwarts!" he agreed, bobbing his head. "As long as you don't sit down on zem too roughly! Once, at a Christmas Ball 'ere, Mademoiselle Walters - I am sure you would know 'er - she was unkind to 'er chair and it deposited 'er on 'er bottom!" Chairs had feelings, too. "Per'aps you should start with ze desk and chair in ze classroom in which you teach! Zey are my closest wooden companions, since I spend so much time with zem each day!"

This woman was so marvelously nice! She was getting up to let him visit with his chair! "Oh, please, allow me!" Andre squeaked as he noticed her going to sit down in the chair next to his. He rushed forward and pulled it out for her like any respectable frenchman would do. Then, once the woman was seated, he turned to his wonderful chair and beamed at it. "'ello my friend!" he exclaimed, leaning down to peer carefully at the grain of the wood. "I see zat you 'ave been kept in excellent condition since I 'ave last seen you! Why, zis is a marvelous reunion!" After babbling to the chair for a moment to let it know it was appreciated, Andre sat down on it next to Lucia.

"Yes, but of course!" Andre said happily when Lucia asked him if he was ready for the year. "I 'ave brought many large bags of candy for all of ze classes zat I 'ave! I am not usually zis prepared, but I 'ave outdone myself zis time!" Because what other preparation was necessary for class besides tons of proper sweets? "And you? Are you looking forward to zis year's lessons?"
Back to top Go down
Lucia Henley

Lucia Henley

My Character
Activity: Adult, Potions Professor

PostSubject: Re: An Interesting Introduction (Lucia)   An Interesting Introduction (Lucia) EmptyFri Jul 25, 2014 6:11 pm

Lucia quickly decided that she liked this man. He seemed very kind and likable. She hoped this was the case in the classroom as well. But this man seemed to have no ill intentions whatsoever, where he was standing with his beret between his hands, waiting anxiously for her decision.

His joy at the realization that she'd move was pretty funny, not to mention how excited he seemed to be to make a new acquaintance. She completely agreed, of course, getting to know the professors around here was not a hardship. They were mostly all friendly. She could think of a couple or three professors that she had deemed sketchy, but they all seemed to be gone by now. The headmaster had probably seen through them.

"Likewise," she said joyously. And then she listened to his tale of how you ought not sit down too harshly on  a chair. Lucia smiled. "Yes, I know the story," she said with a nod, deciding to refrain from telling him of the possible prank that had been done in a slight fear of how he might react to the thought of one of the students breaking the chair deliberately. "And the desk and chair in my classroom is a good start," she agreed. And thought about changing furniture. And then she realized how little she wanted to do that. Maybe people got more attached to furniture than they believed.

Lucia didn't complain as Andre pulled the chair out for her as she sat down. She gave him a grateful smile and watched on as he greeted the chair. She found it adorable, but also quite -ehm, well- weird. A funny weird, though. She didn't find him crazy. Just a bit. And then he sat down on the chair and looked to Lucia. She smiled at him as he answered her question. Candy. Why was she not surprised?

Lucia tilted her head back and forth. "I am prepared, I just can't choose the potions I'll put on them. I'm gonna give the second to fourth years the Elixir to Enduce Euphoria, but the fifth to seventh years are a bit trickier, and so are the first years. I think it would be good with one they can actually use for the first years, but Cure for Boils is so boring," Lucia said resigned, leaning back in her chair, her head falling to the back of it and looked into the roof. She honestly didn't know which potion to use. Antidote to Common Poisons was useful and rather easy to make, but they wouldn't be able to use it and see the effects of it right away. She did have a few other potions up her sleeve, but they were a bit too tricky for first years.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: An Interesting Introduction (Lucia)   An Interesting Introduction (Lucia) Empty

Back to top Go down

An Interesting Introduction (Lucia)
Page 1 of 1