Live the Magic!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
The Admins
Fast Links
Current time
SPRING
Year: 2034
Term: 13
Month: March

Term 13 until TBA
House Points
Chat Box
Vote For Us
Affiliates
Photobucket Shadowplay HOS The Beginning Magical World of Harry Potter THE GIRL IS DANGEROUS Hogwarts Academy

Click here to affiliate!
Latest topics
» Chances (Ariel)
Back to the Office (Open) EmptySat May 28, 2016 11:34 pm by Ariel Wilde

» HUGE REALLY VERY IMPORTANT UPDATE - PLEASE READ
Back to the Office (Open) EmptySat May 21, 2016 11:40 pm by Hunter VanDerberg

» Sunny Afternoon (Open to Anyone)
Back to the Office (Open) EmptyFri May 20, 2016 6:58 am by Marielle Prince

» An Unfortunate Accident (Open)
Back to the Office (Open) EmptyMon May 16, 2016 2:41 am by Marielle Prince

» Marielle Aveline Prince
Back to the Office (Open) EmptySun May 15, 2016 8:57 pm by Sky

» Claim a Face
Back to the Office (Open) EmptySun May 15, 2016 8:08 am by Marielle Prince

» AFFILIATE HERE
Back to the Office (Open) EmptyMon May 09, 2016 2:42 am by Ariadne O'Rieley

» My charries need something fot their life (a plots)
Back to the Office (Open) EmptyWed May 04, 2016 8:10 am by Jessica Kim

» The Gif Game 2.0
Back to the Office (Open) EmptyTue May 03, 2016 7:39 am by Humphrey Williams

» A Dying Trade (one of JETTS characters)
Back to the Office (Open) EmptyMon May 02, 2016 12:25 am by Augustus Beckett

» Wild Child [Ariadne]
Back to the Office (Open) EmptySun May 01, 2016 6:01 am by Ariadne O'Rieley

» History Of Magic Application
Back to the Office (Open) EmptyFri Apr 22, 2016 9:41 pm by Morgana Gaunt

» Semi - Activity Check!
Back to the Office (Open) EmptyFri Apr 22, 2016 11:56 am by Hunter VanDerberg

» EVELYN'S "DRAWINGS"
Back to the Office (Open) EmptySun Apr 17, 2016 10:30 pm by Morgana Gaunt

» I Won't Say I'm In Love (closed-one shot)
Back to the Office (Open) EmptySun Apr 17, 2016 5:18 pm by Miranda Cunningham

Back to the Office (Open)

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Jeremy Rufford

Jeremy Rufford

My Character
::
Activity: Adult, Minister for Magic

Back to the Office (Open) Empty
PostSubject: Back to the Office (Open)   Back to the Office (Open) EmptyThu Nov 21, 2013 8:18 pm

Jeremy had been away from work for a couple of weeks while he was ill. The man enjoyed his job so was glad to return to his cosy office, even though it meant he'd probably have a tonne of things to catch up on. There was a new Co-operation head too so perhaps he'd meet up with her later. She was French and seemed very well qualified.

After STRUTTING through the Ministry towards his office, Jeremy unlocked the door and took a seat behind his desk. Ahhh, home sweet home. Almost.

He eyed the pile of papers on the desk. Maybe they could wait until he'd had a coffee and woken up a bit...

ooc - it's open but it probably won't get any replies. I bet I'll just RP with myself (Genevieve) if there's no replies.

Last edited by Jeremy Rufford on Tue Nov 26, 2013 8:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Thaorson Kam Elddirs

My Character
Activity: Adult, Wizengamot Member, Defense Against the Dark Arts Professor

PostSubject: Re: Back to the Office (Open)   Back to the Office (Open) EmptyFri Nov 22, 2013 9:59 am

Thaor had just settled into his new office in the Wizengamot chambers when he decided to take a walk about the Ministry.Honestly he didn't like being in the chambers, it always reminded him of his father's trial. He wasn't sure where he was heading, but he headed to the Atrium first. Got in a lift, and got off on the first floor it stopped on. The first thing he saw was a sign that read "Minister for Magics Office. Ah, I haven't met the Minister, I'll go see him. Thaor thought to himself.

He walked to the ministers office, and knocked on the already open door. Minister Rufford, do you have a minute? Thaor asked, waiting for the minister to acknowledge him.
Back to top Go down
http://www.z13.invisionfree.com/durmstrangv4
Jeremy Rufford

Jeremy Rufford

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Back to the Office (Open)   Back to the Office (Open) EmptyFri Nov 22, 2013 6:42 pm

KNOCK KNOCK.

Yes, first visitor of the day. Jeremy was beaming as the voice asked permission to come in. "Of course! Come in!" Visitors were great. Brilliant start to the day. Well, maybe it was because it was an excuse to leave that work for a while, but he was still glad for this person to come in.

Now, time to act all professional-like. It wasn't that hard, as long as he hadn't had too much coffee. That reminded him - time to go and get his wake-up coffee from the cafe. After the visitor had left, of course.

Since his door was open, Jeremy caught a glimpse of the man behind it. New employee, definitely, but who was he? Maybe it was best to wait for the man to come in rather than taking a wild guess at his name and occupation. Yes.
Back to top Go down
Thaorson Kam Elddirs

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Back to the Office (Open)   Back to the Office (Open) EmptySat Nov 23, 2013 5:06 am

Thaor entered the room when Jeremy told him to. Minister, I am Thaor Elldir, newest member of the Wizengamot, and the new Defense Against the Dark Arts Professor at Hogwarts. He said, extending his hand to the minister. I was down in the chambers and thought I'd go for a walk. I happened to be on the floor and thought I'd see if you were in. he added.

Thaor had only been in this office once before, many years ago, when he was 17. It was after his father's trial, they had to go over his mothers will. Thaor would never forget the feeling of hatred that brewed from that event. The pain it caused fueled him to learn as much as he could and become the best wizard he could. He truthfully wished he were the minister, that had been his dream job for as long as he could remember. But he thought it best not to bring up either of those things.
Back to top Go down
Jeremy Rufford

Jeremy Rufford

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Back to the Office (Open)   Back to the Office (Open) EmptyTue Nov 26, 2013 8:51 pm

THAT was who he was! Of course! His new Wizengamot member! Jeremy had been meaning to talk to this man later, after his coffee of course! "Great to meet you, Thaor!" he beamed, surprisingly perky for this time in the morning, without his coffee. "And, please, call me Jeremy!" He wanted to be FRIENDS with his employees. Formal was boring. Wow, the lack of sleep was really talking.

He decided to take a walk? Fair enough. "So you're the new Defence Professor at Hogwarts? I used to love that subject!" And he got his O in NEWTs. Plus a bunch of others. Plus Head Boy. But Jeremy didn't mention that. Didn't want to boast. "Cookie, Thaor?" Jeremy took out the tin of cookies from his bag, which he'd made the day before. And was VERY proud of. There was a selection of different flavors, chocolate chip, lots of fruits and some odder combinations.
Back to top Go down
Thaorson Kam Elddirs

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Back to the Office (Open)   Back to the Office (Open) EmptyWed Nov 27, 2013 11:18 am

This man is far to excited for this early in the morning Thaor thought to himself. Thaor helped himself to one of the cookies, took a bite, paused for a second, then decided he liked the banana pineapple combination. Such a bold move Jeremy, banana pineapple, I like it. He said as he finished the cookie.

I too enjoyed Defense Against the Dark Arts during my days at Hogwarts, I must confess though Jeremy, between you and I. I like the dark arts more than the defense these days. Thaor said with a smile, sitting down in one of the chairs across from Jeremy.
Back to top Go down
Jeremy Rufford

Jeremy Rufford

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Back to the Office (Open)   Back to the Office (Open) EmptyWed Nov 27, 2013 5:59 pm

Jeremy was pretty good at reading people's emotions, even at this time of the morning, so he picked up on Thaor's slight surprise at his excitement. Most people were all dull and asleep, but he was just hyper. He was pleased the new employee liked his cookie and took one himself. Of course, just to be polite. Seemed to be caramel and chocolate or something. Pretty good. "My mother's old recipe. Not too bad. Glad you like it, Thaor." Maybe he should bake more often for fun, rather than just to make dinner. It was actually quite fun.

Nice choice of chair, Thaor. Second most comfortable one in the room. The most was obviously his throne behind his desk, but that was because he was the KING. Jeremy gave the man a small nod in acknowledgement when he talked about the Dark Arts, but made no comment, unsure of what to say to that. "Have you done any teaching before?" At last words had formed, however stupid.
Back to top Go down
Thaorson Kam Elddirs

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Back to the Office (Open)   Back to the Office (Open) EmptyThu Nov 28, 2013 9:40 am

Thaor could tell his words made the man uncomfortable. Not to worry Jeremy, while I am intrigued by the dark arts, I will not push that onto my students. He said reassuringly. He sat back in the chair, it really was comfy, he just wished that it was a spiny chair.

I haven't taught in a school setting before, no. It's my next great adventure, I suppose. I however have a feeling that my students will teach me more than I am able to teach them if you know what I mean. Thaor said, before realizing Jeremy would have no clue what he meant, as he just met the man. I've been told I'm a grumpy old man, stuck in my ways. Perhaps they'll teach me to loosen up a little, as they say. He said with a chuckle.
Back to top Go down
Jeremy Rufford

Jeremy Rufford

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Back to the Office (Open)   Back to the Office (Open) EmptyThu Nov 28, 2013 8:33 pm

That was something. Intrigued, not involved. But with the recent events, he couldn't be too careful. "Good," Jeremy said politely, but there was the tiniest hint of menace in his tone. It was whether Mr Elldir picked up on it or not. Because he was starting to wake up a little and maybe wasn't quite as hyper as before. His senses were back.

"An experience, you might say," Jeremy nodded with a smile. Teaching had never really appealed to him, apart from the odd seminar, but maybe that was because he'd always wanted to be an Auror and never really thought twice about anything else. But it was doing good, educating youngsters which he understood. "I'm sure that's not true. But I suppose you'll be on your toes, especially with those first years. Whenever I visit Hogwarts, I'm almost scared by the small variety, running around screaming." Not to scare the man. But he seriously doubted he could be scared by anything, from what he'd seen so far.
Back to top Go down
Thaorson Kam Elddirs

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Back to the Office (Open)   Back to the Office (Open) EmptyThu Nov 28, 2013 10:50 pm

Thaor raised an eyebrow as Jeremy said "Good". He thought he caught a hint that perhaps the Minister wished to delve more into the subject, he'd come back to that later. Scared you say? Thaor said with a chuckle. I doubt I'd be scared by some silly first years after all the things I've seen in my fifty-three years. He added with a smile.

Thaor took out his wand and with a wave of it, shut the door, then replaced it in his pocket. Forgive me if I'm wrong Minister. But I thought perhaps you wanted to speak about something, but were unsure if you could do so in secrecy, given the times. he said, waiting to see if Jeremy would play into it.
Back to top Go down
Jeremy Rufford

Jeremy Rufford

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Back to the Office (Open)   Back to the Office (Open) EmptySat Nov 30, 2013 5:43 pm

Jeremy chuckled along with the man, sensing the tension in the air. "Yes, I suppose so Mr Elldir," he nodded. They were VERY loud though, especially that little Irish one he'd caught sight of on his way to see Owen. She obviously hadn't noticed him, the way she carried on. Or maybe she just didn't know who he was or just plainly didn't care.

Flashy little one eyebrow raise. This was a trick he'd learnt recently and was very proud of. It looked good and sort of mysterious. Hopefully, Thaor couldn't tell what he was thinking. Jeremy had only just met the man, he had no idea of his intentions and this was confidential stuff. "I think you'd be mistaken." Curt, but this man was hardly the sweetest little daisy, was he?

Last edited by Jeremy Rufford on Sun Dec 01, 2013 8:21 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Happy now Thaor?)
Back to top Go down
Thaorson Kam Elddirs

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Back to the Office (Open)   Back to the Office (Open) EmptySun Dec 01, 2013 8:10 pm

Well this was awkward, now wasn't it? My apologies Minister. Thaor said as he cleared his throat. He had to chose his words wisely here now. Not that I was inferring you are inclined to the dark arts, I've just heard a lot of rumors going about. Kind of wanted to get your input on it. he said.

But, we should change the subject, yes? he said with a smile.
Back to top Go down
Jeremy Rufford

Jeremy Rufford

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Back to the Office (Open)   Back to the Office (Open) EmptySun Dec 01, 2013 8:30 pm

"Yes, Mr Elldir, perhaps that is a good idea. Care for another cookie?" You know what these cookies would taste great with? Coffee. But he'd have to be patient and wait until this rather odd unscheduled meeting finished, hopefully not on another awkward note. Jeremy took one himself, deep in thought as he bit through the white chocolate chip cookie, one of his best in his opinion.

More conversation...more conversation... "So, Thaor, you've traveled around the world, you said. Where have you been?" Sort of pathetic but Jeremy hated silences where nobody knew what to say. Stupid questions were better, in his opinion.
Back to top Go down
Thaorson Kam Elddirs

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Back to the Office (Open)   Back to the Office (Open) EmptyWed Dec 04, 2013 10:03 am

Thaor was happy with the change of subject. He declined another cookie when offered with a small gesture with his hand. I could go on and on with extraordinary tales of my travels minister. But I don't want to end up sounding like Gilderoy Lochart. he said with a chuckle.

But, since you've asked so kindly, I suppose I can tell you where I've been. he said with a smile.

I spent expansive time in my 20's in Australia, studying wandlore. After that, I went to Andorra for a year or two, then I went on my 'worldwide tour' as I like to call it. I traveled the path that it is said Harry Potter and the trio traveled, through the forest of Dean, and such. It really was fascinating.

Thaor decided he'd cave in and take a cookie, this one seemed to be chocolate banana. Minister, I must admit, I had ulterior motives for coming to see you today. It's just that, I realize I'm not getting any younger, and haven't seen my father since my seventh year at Hogwarts, after his trial he was placed on a no visit list. I thought perhaps you could talk to the guards at Azkaban and allow me to see him one last time before it's too late?
Back to top Go down
Jeremy Rufford

Jeremy Rufford

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Back to the Office (Open)   Back to the Office (Open) EmptyThu Dec 05, 2013 9:13 pm

"No, Mr Elldir, I'm really interested," Jeremy reassured, chuckling. No more awkward silences. No way. This would be interesting.

Oh, wandlore. Cool. It seemed this man really had done a lot of things, experienced a range of things, a lot more than him. Jeremy had traveled to a couple of places and undergone years of auror training to be where he was, but compared to these experiences that seemed nothing.

"Hmm?" Jeremy asked, curious at what Thaor had to ask him. Oh, burn. He bit his lip. He may be the Minister but he couldn't just make allowances for anyone who asked. "May I ask who your father is, Thaor?" It was likely he knew this man and it may help him make the decision. The Minister was a softie at heart though, despite the cold nature he often held up, and maybe wouldn't be able to help but allow this.
Back to top Go down
Thaorson Kam Elddirs

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Back to the Office (Open)   Back to the Office (Open) EmptyThu Dec 05, 2013 9:58 pm

Thaor sighed as Jeremy asked who his father was. He hadn't spoken of him or his crimes since he was in his 20's. My father is Brent Allan Elldir, convicted for the 1991 murders of my mother Elizabeth, and my half sister and brother Ethan and Bethany. He said, looking to the floor. For the first time in his life, actually thinking about visiting his father.

Recently I've just been thinking he doesn't have much time left, I'd like to see him one last time before he passes. If you could allow me that, I would forever be in your debt. He said, looking into Jeremy's eyes as an uncharicteristic tear fell down his cheek.
Back to top Go down
Jeremy Rufford

Jeremy Rufford

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Back to the Office (Open)   Back to the Office (Open) EmptyFri Dec 06, 2013 7:11 pm

Brent Allan Elldir. Jeremy didn't know why he hadn't made the connection when he heard Thaor's surname earlier. Horrible case, really. Of course, he hadn't been there but he'd read about the case and had caught sight of Elldir when he visited Azkaban once.

Oh no, now he was crying. The Minister didn't say anything for a while, terrified he'd start blubbing too. "I'll...I'll see what I can do, Thaor." WAIT NO HE WASN'T SUPPOSED TO SAY THAT.
Back to top Go down
Thaorson Kam Elddirs

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Back to the Office (Open)   Back to the Office (Open) EmptySat Dec 07, 2013 11:53 pm

Thank you Minister, I'm afraid if I don't do it now, he'll expire before I get a chance to say my last bit to him. He always told me I'd do great things, If I can show him what I've done with my life, I think it'll comfort him, as much as someone being guarded by dementors can me comforted. he said with a frown.

Honestly, I want to tell him I forgive him too, not for his sake, but my own. I'm sure you can appreciate that fact Minister.
Back to top Go down
Jeremy Rufford

Jeremy Rufford

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Back to the Office (Open)   Back to the Office (Open) EmptySun Dec 08, 2013 4:42 pm

"I understand, Thaor," Jeremy sighed sadly. His father had died when he was ten, so he knew what it felt like to lose a parent, especially at a young age. And Thaor had lost both and in much more serious and sad circumstances.

The Minister pulled out some paper and a quill from his drawer and leaned down to compose a letter to the guards at Azkaban. It only took him a moment to write the short note. Then he tied the letter to one of the Ministry owls and gazed through the window as it flew away. "I'm sure we'll get a reply soon."
Back to top Go down
Thaorson Kam Elddirs

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Back to the Office (Open)   Back to the Office (Open) EmptySun Dec 08, 2013 5:12 pm

Thaor smiled as Jeremy sent an owl to Azkaban. He would finally be able to see his father, after all these years. Thank you Minister. I do have one more request. He said as he stood and walked to the window.

Normally I'd ask a friend, or family member to do such a thing, but it unfortunately seems I have neither. It would mean a lot to me if you'd accompany me to Azkaban. He said, turning to look at Jeremy, a steady stream of tears rolling down his cheeks.
Back to top Go down
Jeremy Rufford

Jeremy Rufford

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Back to the Office (Open)   Back to the Office (Open) EmptySun Dec 08, 2013 5:25 pm

ONE MORE REQUEST. NO. WHATEVER IT WAS, HE COULDN'T SAY YES.

Jeremy wasn't a complete pushover, a total wet blanket. And then it hit him. And then he realised he had no choice. Because Thaor - yes, Thaor - was crying. Proper, full-on crying. Usually he'd be all like 'Man up, dude. Grown men don't cry'. But these were very different circumstances.

He put his head in his hands, hiding his face. Why couldn't he just man up himself and let Thaor down gently? "Look, Thaor. I'll see. I may be busy. I don't know. Just...UGH." Because he was an idiot, that was why he couldn't say no.
Back to top Go down
Thaorson Kam Elddirs

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Back to the Office (Open)   Back to the Office (Open) EmptyMon Dec 09, 2013 2:33 am

Thaor let out a sigh of relief, Jeremy hadn't said yes, but he didn't say no either, that was a good sign. He wiped the tears from his eyes and took a seat once more. Thank you Jeremy. It means a lot. he said with a smile.

So, how about you, tell me about yourself? he said, grabbing another cookie, hoping to change the subject, for now.
Back to top Go down
Jeremy Rufford

Jeremy Rufford

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Back to the Office (Open)   Back to the Office (Open) EmptyMon Dec 09, 2013 8:49 pm

Okay, nice subject change. Good. That was good. Now he could just talk about a subject he was comfortable with. Yes, himself. Was Thaor sure? This could be a long story.

"If you insist," Jeremy joked. "Well, after graduating Hogwarts I went into auror training for a few years. I was an auror for a while, then Head of Law Enforcement. Eventually, I was promoted to Minister!" The best part, obviously. "I haven't travelled much. A few holidays. I lived in Spain for a year during training, I suppose." His life seemed very dull in comparison.

Now he just wanted his coffee. Usually, this much didn't happen as soon as he got in in the morning. His mind was messed up.
Back to top Go down
Thaorson Kam Elddirs

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Back to the Office (Open)   Back to the Office (Open) EmptyTue Dec 10, 2013 4:02 pm

Thaor looked at Jeremy with interest as he said he spent a year in Spain, he had always wanted to go to Spain but had never quite made it. What's it like, Spain? he asked with interest.

I've always wanted to go, but never found the time. He said as he glanced out the window and saw the owl Jeremy had sent a few minutes ago returning with a note tied to its right leg.
Back to top Go down
Jeremy Rufford

Jeremy Rufford

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Back to the Office (Open)   Back to the Office (Open) EmptyTue Dec 10, 2013 6:50 pm

"Very hot. I lived right next to a beach. Beautiful, really," Jeremy nodded, smiling as he recalled his time in Spain. "The people are lovely too." Unfortunately he'd never got round to seeing flamenco dancers while he was there.

Then he saw the owl had come back. Jeremy decided to add some dramatic suspense, mainly for his own benefit. After VERY slowly untying the letter from the owl, he took another cookie. Then he nibbled at it for a while. Then he opened the letter. "It's a yes." HOW DRAMATIC WAS HE? Jeremy knew he should have been an actor instead.

ooc - STOP GODMODDING MY OWL Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Back to the Office (Open)   Back to the Office (Open) Empty

Back to top Go down

Back to the Office (Open)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next