Live the Magic!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
The Admins
Fast Links
Current time
SPRING
Year: 2034
Term: 13
Month: March

Term 13 until TBA
House Points
Chat Box
Vote For Us
Affiliates
Photobucket Shadowplay HOS The Beginning Magical World of Harry Potter THE GIRL IS DANGEROUS Hogwarts Academy

Click here to affiliate!
Latest topics
» Chances (Ariel)
The Bet (Closed) EmptySat May 28, 2016 11:34 pm by Ariel Wilde

» HUGE REALLY VERY IMPORTANT UPDATE - PLEASE READ
The Bet (Closed) EmptySat May 21, 2016 11:40 pm by Hunter VanDerberg

» Sunny Afternoon (Open to Anyone)
The Bet (Closed) EmptyFri May 20, 2016 6:58 am by Marielle Prince

» An Unfortunate Accident (Open)
The Bet (Closed) EmptyMon May 16, 2016 2:41 am by Marielle Prince

» Marielle Aveline Prince
The Bet (Closed) EmptySun May 15, 2016 8:57 pm by Sky

» Claim a Face
The Bet (Closed) EmptySun May 15, 2016 8:08 am by Marielle Prince

» AFFILIATE HERE
The Bet (Closed) EmptyMon May 09, 2016 2:42 am by Ariadne O'Rieley

» My charries need something fot their life (a plots)
The Bet (Closed) EmptyWed May 04, 2016 8:10 am by Jessica Kim

» The Gif Game 2.0
The Bet (Closed) EmptyTue May 03, 2016 7:39 am by Humphrey Williams

» A Dying Trade (one of JETTS characters)
The Bet (Closed) EmptyMon May 02, 2016 12:25 am by Augustus Beckett

» Wild Child [Ariadne]
The Bet (Closed) EmptySun May 01, 2016 6:01 am by Ariadne O'Rieley

» History Of Magic Application
The Bet (Closed) EmptyFri Apr 22, 2016 9:41 pm by Morgana Gaunt

» Semi - Activity Check!
The Bet (Closed) EmptyFri Apr 22, 2016 11:56 am by Hunter VanDerberg

» EVELYN'S "DRAWINGS"
The Bet (Closed) EmptySun Apr 17, 2016 10:30 pm by Morgana Gaunt

» I Won't Say I'm In Love (closed-one shot)
The Bet (Closed) EmptySun Apr 17, 2016 5:18 pm by Miranda Cunningham

The Bet (Closed)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Maya Winchester
Adult
Maya Winchester

My Character
::
Activity: Slytherin - Year 3

The Bet (Closed) Empty
PostSubject: The Bet (Closed)   The Bet (Closed) EmptySat Sep 14, 2013 11:51 pm

Maya made her way over to the quidditch grounds, she had only been there once before, for Slytherin tryouts and the pitch offered a mysterious lure to her. She wrapped her jacket tighter around herself as the harsh, blusterous wind became more forceful and attacked her face, stinging her green eyes.  The wind whipped around her hair, disheveling it and inhibiting her from observing the conditions, as she futilely tried to return the long auburn stands to their appropriate places.

Maya eventually looked up at the sky, shivering due to the brisk morning, accessing the weather. She squinted up at the clear, blue celestial sphere, the sun blinding her momentarily. Not the best conditions for a quidditch game, but not the worst, she reasoned. It was still quite early, but the sun had long since risen and provided adequate light for flying. The wind, wasn't enough to put off Maya but she hoped it didn't disrupt Kynan, she didn't know how anxious he would be. It was very strong she realised as it whistled indefinitely in her ears. Maya threw her broomstick over her shoulder, trying to multitask and eat the remains of her breakfast in the other hand. She had made sure to grab some toast on her way past the Great Hall, the house elves making sure food was available this early on a Saturday morning. Maya preferred rising early and sacrificing her lie in if it meant having the pitch to themselves. She just hoped that Kynan would feel the same way too and appear soon as she didn't feel comfortable alone.

Finishing off her toast she entered the shelter the stadium provided. She felt better flying on a full stomach and her mood uplifted as she took in the magnificent sight that beheld her. Glad of the safe haven, she listened to the wind howling and shaking nearby trees and wondered if it was safe to fly in weather this bad. She shrugged this thought aside, determined that nothing would deter her from the bet that she had made the previous year with one of her good friends, Kynan. Kynan, where was that boy? Maya thought, hopelessly looking back and hoping to get a glimpse of his figure as soon as he became visible.

This topic is closed to Kynan
Back to top Go down
Kynan Walters
Adult
Kynan Walters

My Character
Activity: Gryffindor - Year 3

The Bet (Closed) Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Bet (Closed)   The Bet (Closed) EmptySun Sep 15, 2013 8:20 pm

An unexpected gust of wind literally almost blew Kynan away as he was exiting the castle. He rubbed his right arm, which was still hurting him after the last Charms lesson, but he was trying to make the best of his day. He was supposed to meet Maya down in the Quidditch Pitch and he was afraid that he was already late. This morning, he had eaten a lot more than he usually did at breakfast, which was what he did when nervous or upset- stuff himself with food. But, due to him eating too much, he was late and hoped that Maya wasn't upset. Kynan ran down towards the Pitch, because although he was nervous, he was excited. He was going to ride a broom for the first time! The wind slowed him down a bit, it was strong.

When he managed to get down, he walked towards the middle of the pitch and looked around. God, this is huge! Kynan thought. "Woah!" he said out loud. The three hoops at each end looked gigantic, but not as gigantic as the Pitch itself. Then he saw Maya, who was nearby, and Kynan ran towards her. "Hello!" he greeted his friend. Then he asked, "I don't have a broom- d'you think the school will let me use spare ones?"
Back to top Go down
Maya Winchester
Adult
Maya Winchester

My Character

The Bet (Closed) Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Bet (Closed)   The Bet (Closed) EmptyThu Sep 19, 2013 3:31 pm

Maya squinted her eyes, trying to make out the approaching figure. Maya perked up when she recognised the boy's haircut as Kynan's and opted to forsake the shelter to greet him. Autumn leaves brushed uncontrollably around her, scratching her face and her eyes began to water as the continuous harsh wind caused them to well. Maya wiped tears from her eyes, hoping that Kynan didn't think she was upset. She jumped on Kynan, hugging him tightly. Glad that she was finally getting to spend time with her close friend. Second year had been so busy and full of drama that they hadn't got to spend quality time together. They had made a special effort to set aside their weekend and even though their homework was piling up Maya was glad that they had the excuse of the bet.

"Of course." Maya led Kynan to the nearby shed where the broomsticks were stored. Luckily the door was open. Maya was taken aback by the amount of brooms, clearly some students decided to store thier brooms here too. "Choose your own, just be careful. Some of the school broomsticks are faulty." Maya hoped that she wasn't putting Kynan off too much, but it was true. Some of them barely lifted off the ground and other just shook uncontrollably when they lifted more than ten feet off the ground. "Do you want to grab a quaffle or anything else or will we just stick with flying for today?" Maya asked, giving Kynan the option.

When Kynan had chosen his broom Maya made the way back towards the quidditch pitch, the wind returning to her mind once they had stepped outside. "So not afraid of a little wind?" She turned to Kynan, trying to gauge how he felt about flying in the current weather conditions.
Back to top Go down
Kynan Walters
Adult
Kynan Walters

My Character

The Bet (Closed) Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Bet (Closed)   The Bet (Closed) EmptyThu Sep 19, 2013 8:59 pm

Suddenly, Maya was hugging him and Kynan was really surprised. But he grinned and hugged her back. A warm feeling spread through him, and he could feel some kind of tummy ache- it wasn't a bad one, it actually felt nice. He didn't know what was wrong, though. Shrugging the feeling away, he followed Maya through the brooms shed and raised his eyebrows at the Slytherin's warning on the brooms. "If they're faulty, why does the school even leave them here?" he wondered out loud as he looked at the huge collection of brooms. Finally, he decided on an old Cleansweep 7 broom which he hopped didn't do anything like a mechanical bull. Turning to Maya, he asked, "Why don't we stick for flying, and if I do well, we get a quaffle?"

Then they walked back towards the Quidditch Pitch and Kynan felt a bit nervous. But then, right before Maya turned to him, he realized that if he fell off his broom, he'd be the one earning five galleons. His eyes opened wide, and then just as Maya asked if he was afraid of the wind, a huge leaf blew into his face. He jumped backwards and yelled, "Ah!" before he managed to get the leaf off and throw it away. "Nope!" Kynan tried replying to Maya's question, and ended up sounding really chirpy. Then he sighed and said, "If I master flying in the wind, flying with no wind should be as easy as pie."

Then he raised the Cleansweep 7 broom and asked, "How d'you fly a broom?"
Back to top Go down
Maya Winchester
Adult
Maya Winchester

My Character

The Bet (Closed) Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Bet (Closed)   The Bet (Closed) EmptySat Sep 21, 2013 4:50 pm

"Good choice." Maya commented on Kynan's decision to pick a Cleansweep 7. She actually didn't know too much about brooms, but she tried to act confident and had read something about it the night before in a last ditch effort to brush up on her broomstick knowledge. "Yes, good idea." Maya was confident in Kynan's ability to fly, but not that much so that he could pick it up that easily and fly one handed. That had taken her a few attempts and she was considered a natural, well according to her mother, so maybe that didn't count.

Maya turned backwards to make sure Kynan was still keeping up with her and she laughed at his expression when a leaf blew into his face, his eyes looking shocked. Kynan acted as if nothing happened so Maya continued on with the conversation, glad that he appeared to be oozing confidence, maybe she would be up 5 Galleons by the end of the day. Not that she cared about the money at all, she was glad to be spending time with Kynan and hoped that it was a good incentive to get him to fly. Once again she thought of how he would be a good athlete, but she didn't want to reiterate it and give him too much of a big head before he even got on a broom!

"Oh, right." Maya was momentarily stumped by Kynan's question. Feeling perplexed as she wasn't the best at describing things she decided displaying it may be the better option. "Well, maybe I'll demonstrate it to you first?" Without waiting for an answer, as she was too eager to fly, Maya swung one leg over her broomstick and kicked up hard off the ground. She steadied herself once she was airborne as the cruel wind immediately tried to knock her from her broom. She gave Kynan one last smile before she was out of site, flying to the goalposts at full pelt. She couldn't help herself. Her father had banned her from flying over the summer and the sudden feeling of freedom and familiarity that swept over her knocked all other coherent thoughts from her mind. Maya reached the goalposts, sooner than she expected as she was flying with the wind, she braked sharply and smoothly just before them and then did one lap of the pitch, feeling more comfortable and comfortable as time went by and the wind whipped her face. She suddenly remembered Kynan and nosedived towards him, pulling up short and hovering a few feet from the ground, her face flushed and her hair disheveled from the wind. "So, learn anything?"
Back to top Go down
Kynan Walters
Adult
Kynan Walters

My Character

The Bet (Closed) Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Bet (Closed)   The Bet (Closed) EmptySat Sep 21, 2013 7:31 pm

Before he knew it, Maya was flying away on her own broom. She looked so free and happy, even when she blushed. Wait, what am I thinking? Kynan thought just as Maya asked if he learned anything. Did you just think that? He tried to ignore his thoughts as he attempted to mount his broom. "Um..." he said, realizing that he looked like an idiot, standing there with his broom and not knowing what to do. Without even knowing what he was doing, he pushed his feet off the ground and then he was speeding away.

Forget television or video games, looking at people flying was nothing compared to flying for real. The feeling was amazing- the wind in your hair, the feeling of freedom, even forgetting that your homework is due tomorrow. In a split second in which Kynan was flying, he was already loving it. He flew, feeling his broom answer to his command at the slightest touch of his fingers. It was as if he didn't even need to try, the broom helped him fly. It was as if he had been flying all his life, as all of his moves were like they didn't need helo at all. "Yeaaaaaaah!" he yelled, forgetting how hard the wind was blowing. "Oooooooh yeaaaaaaaaaaaah!" He flew in circles, did a flip, he felt like he could do anything.

Then, as if realizing it all in a sudden, Kynan braked and then flew back towards Maya and yelled, "THAT WAS AWESOME!" He had already forgotten that they had a bet.
Back to top Go down
Maya Winchester
Adult
Maya Winchester

My Character

The Bet (Closed) Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Bet (Closed)   The Bet (Closed) EmptyThu Sep 26, 2013 1:18 pm

Maya jumped up jubilantly pumping her fist triumphantly in the air. She watched Kynan in awe as he flew circles around the place. She felt rooted to the spot until he came over to join her, his face lit up with glee.

Maya wanted to join Kynan in the air too but he came and braked perfectly in front of her. She raced over to him, jumping up and down, shouting. "I told you, you could do it. I said you'd be a natural!" Maya wasn't rubbing in the fact that she was right, she was just delighted for Kynan that he had done so well and he now looked so happy.

"You should definitively try out for the quidditch team, then we'd be competing against each other!" Maya hoped that Kynan didn't mind that fact, she just see it as some friendly banter.
Back to top Go down
Kynan Walters
Adult
Kynan Walters

My Character

The Bet (Closed) Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Bet (Closed)   The Bet (Closed) EmptySat Sep 28, 2013 9:29 pm

After Kynan managed to jump off his broom, he ran towards Maya, who was jumping up and down. He laughed and, at her words, he remembered and said, "Right, I owe you five Galleons, don't I?" Hesitantly, he reached into his pockets and searched around for some money. Then he scratched his head and exclaimed, "Oh God, I forgot the money! Can I give them to you another time?" When Maya then said that he should try out for the Quidditch Team, Kynan grinned. It would be totally awesome to be in the Gryffindor Quidditch Team. But the thought scared him a bit- would their friendship be lost because of the competition? He pushed the thought away.

"So what do you think I should try out for, then?" he asked. "Chaser or beater?"
Back to top Go down
Maya Winchester
Adult
Maya Winchester

My Character

The Bet (Closed) Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Bet (Closed)   The Bet (Closed) EmptySat Sep 28, 2013 11:30 pm

Maya looked up inquisitively when money was mentioned. Oh right, the bet. Maya raised her eyebrows as Kynan began rooting through his pockets. "Forget it Kynan!" Maya stressed. "Honestly I don't want your money. It was just an incentive to just get you to try and fly!" Although, now that Maya thought about it, it didn't really make sense if she really wanted him to fly since he lost the bet.. "Kind of some backwards logic, huh?" She began to laugh at the stupidity of it. She was still a bit giddy from her own flight and the joy of seeing Kynan fly so successfully.

"Hmm." Maya began sizing Kynan up, pretending to feel his muscles and being shocked at how big they were. "We got a beater right here! Plus, then you can try knock we off my broom when we play. Try to go easy on me." Maya suddenly put on her innocent face, attempting to play the victim. "I also think Evan might be trying out for Ravenclaw." She mused, thinking about the competition that would probably bring out in the two boys.
Back to top Go down
Kynan Walters
Adult
Kynan Walters

My Character

The Bet (Closed) Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Bet (Closed)   The Bet (Closed) EmptySun Sep 29, 2013 12:22 pm

"Are you sure?" Kynan asked, frowning when Maya declared that she didn't want his money. Then he laughed as Maya pretended to feel his muscles. "What the heck are you doing?" he asked, with a silly confused expression on his face. Then Maya decided that he'd make a good beater and he laughed again, and said, "Haha, I won't." and stuck his tongue out to tease Maya. When she said that Evan might try out for Ravenclaw, Kynan was actually trying hard to hide his face, "Oh, really? That'd be interesting, since he's always stuck in his books and drawings."

Then he looked around and asked, "Well, then, if I am going to be such a good beater, where are the Bludgers? I'd like to try them out!"
Back to top Go down
Maya Winchester
Adult
Maya Winchester

My Character

The Bet (Closed) Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Bet (Closed)   The Bet (Closed) EmptySun Oct 06, 2013 12:50 pm

"Of course." Maya reiterated, slightly disappointed, her emotions showing on her face. She hoped that their friendship meant more than money and the bet. She had enjoyed her time with Kynan and hopefully in future they didn't need an excuse to hang out, but maybe that was the only reason Kynan was here. A fleeting feeling of insecurity washed over Maya which she covered up quickly by joking with Kynan. Maya never normally addressed her true feelings and often covered them up with a joke and laughter. When the conversation turned towards Evan Maya nodded in agreement. She hadn't thought of Evan as the sporty type and obviously neither had Kynan. In fact, Maya had never actually seen Evan flying. Maybe he thought that if he read enough about it he would be able to fly without much practice, that was definitely something Maya could imagine Evan doing.

"I'll get them." Maya offered straight away, glad of the excuse to be alone for a few moments. Her earlier thoughts still weighing her down.

She was only a few minutes going over to the clubhouse, but her return journey was longer as she struggled with the weight of the heavy container containing the quidditch equipment. Maya lugged the box, her breathing becoming laboured just as she dumped it some way off where Kynan was standing. Her muscles had given out and she was too stubborn to ask for help. She shrugged her shoulders and retrieved the beaters bat handing it over to Kynan. "So do you know how this is going to work?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Bet (Closed) Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Bet (Closed)   The Bet (Closed) Empty

Back to top Go down

The Bet (Closed)
Page 1 of 1