Live the Magic!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
The Admins
Fast Links
Current time
SPRING
Year: 2034
Term: 13
Month: March

Term 13 until TBA
House Points
Chat Box
Vote For Us
Affiliates
Photobucket Shadowplay HOS The Beginning Magical World of Harry Potter THE GIRL IS DANGEROUS Hogwarts Academy

Click here to affiliate!
Latest topics
» Chances (Ariel)
Charms - Lesson 1 :: 2nd years and above EmptySat May 28, 2016 11:34 pm by Ariel Wilde

» HUGE REALLY VERY IMPORTANT UPDATE - PLEASE READ
Charms - Lesson 1 :: 2nd years and above EmptySat May 21, 2016 11:40 pm by Hunter VanDerberg

» Sunny Afternoon (Open to Anyone)
Charms - Lesson 1 :: 2nd years and above EmptyFri May 20, 2016 6:58 am by Marielle Prince

» An Unfortunate Accident (Open)
Charms - Lesson 1 :: 2nd years and above EmptyMon May 16, 2016 2:41 am by Marielle Prince

» Marielle Aveline Prince
Charms - Lesson 1 :: 2nd years and above EmptySun May 15, 2016 8:57 pm by Sky

» Claim a Face
Charms - Lesson 1 :: 2nd years and above EmptySun May 15, 2016 8:08 am by Marielle Prince

» AFFILIATE HERE
Charms - Lesson 1 :: 2nd years and above EmptyMon May 09, 2016 2:42 am by Ariadne O'Rieley

» My charries need something fot their life (a plots)
Charms - Lesson 1 :: 2nd years and above EmptyWed May 04, 2016 8:10 am by Jessica Kim

» The Gif Game 2.0
Charms - Lesson 1 :: 2nd years and above EmptyTue May 03, 2016 7:39 am by Humphrey Williams

» A Dying Trade (one of JETTS characters)
Charms - Lesson 1 :: 2nd years and above EmptyMon May 02, 2016 12:25 am by Augustus Beckett

» Wild Child [Ariadne]
Charms - Lesson 1 :: 2nd years and above EmptySun May 01, 2016 6:01 am by Ariadne O'Rieley

» History Of Magic Application
Charms - Lesson 1 :: 2nd years and above EmptyFri Apr 22, 2016 9:41 pm by Morgana Gaunt

» Semi - Activity Check!
Charms - Lesson 1 :: 2nd years and above EmptyFri Apr 22, 2016 11:56 am by Hunter VanDerberg

» EVELYN'S "DRAWINGS"
Charms - Lesson 1 :: 2nd years and above EmptySun Apr 17, 2016 10:30 pm by Morgana Gaunt

» I Won't Say I'm In Love (closed-one shot)
Charms - Lesson 1 :: 2nd years and above EmptySun Apr 17, 2016 5:18 pm by Miranda Cunningham

Charms - Lesson 1 :: 2nd years and above

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Charms - Lesson 1 :: 2nd years and above Empty
PostSubject: Charms - Lesson 1 :: 2nd years and above   Charms - Lesson 1 :: 2nd years and above EmptyMon Apr 08, 2013 12:42 pm

Please read all of THIS before beginning to read this lesson.

Helen was waiting in the class for her students. She was slightly excited this term, eager to teach the students more. She smiled as the students began entering. When everyone had arrived, she stood up and spread her arms wide. "Welcome to another year of Charms, students! To those of you who don't know who I am, let me introduce myself. I am Professor Helen Adela, Charms and Herbology teacher."

She clapped her hand twice, smiled a little and said, "Today we will be learning about the Shield Charm and it's various varieties."

"The Shield Charm is a charm that you use to protect yourself from your enemies. It is like a magical barrier that deflects spells. Sometimes, the Shield Charm may also rebound the spells directed at you in other directions. This spell isn't one that is considered easy or as a 'piece-of-cake'. It requires your concetration and effort. This spell isn't permanent; it creates a temporary barrier between you and your opponent and also around yourself."

"A few of it's varieties are Protego Duo, Protego Horribilis, Protego Totalum and Protego Maxima. It's Etymology is simple. In Latin it simply means 'I cover' or 'I protect'"

Helen nodded to herself, feeling satisfied as she;d explained everything that had to be said about the spell. "Homework is on the board, students."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Homework:

Questions:
1) Explain in your own words what a Shield Charm is. [2]
2) Is the spell considered easy? [1]
3) What is required in order to be successful while performing this spell? [2]
4) What is it's Etymology? [1]
5) What are it's varieties? [4]

Roleplay:
Please write a 400 words RP where you are using this spell against your opponent. Please remember that even the greatest of wizards do not get it on their first try. Also, be detailed and express what you are feeling while RP'ing. [10]

Please DO NOT post ANYTHING in this topic. Homeworks are to be submitted HERE
Back to top Go down

Charms - Lesson 1 :: 2nd years and above Empty
PostSubject: Re: Charms - Lesson 1 :: 2nd years and above   Charms - Lesson 1 :: 2nd years and above EmptyTue Apr 09, 2013 12:35 am

Auden walked into the empty classroom. She was the only student there. She liked to be early. Auden saw the Professor getting ready and hoped that people would be coming in soon.
Back to top Go down

Charms - Lesson 1 :: 2nd years and above
Page 1 of 1