Live the Magic!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
The Admins
Fast Links
Current time
SPRING
Year: 2034
Term: 13
Month: March

Term 13 until TBA
House Points
Chat Box
Vote For Us
Affiliates
Photobucket Shadowplay HOS The Beginning Magical World of Harry Potter THE GIRL IS DANGEROUS Hogwarts Academy

Click here to affiliate!
Latest topics
» Chances (Ariel)
Returning Home EmptySat May 28, 2016 11:34 pm by Ariel Wilde

» HUGE REALLY VERY IMPORTANT UPDATE - PLEASE READ
Returning Home EmptySat May 21, 2016 11:40 pm by Hunter VanDerberg

» Sunny Afternoon (Open to Anyone)
Returning Home EmptyFri May 20, 2016 6:58 am by Marielle Prince

» An Unfortunate Accident (Open)
Returning Home EmptyMon May 16, 2016 2:41 am by Marielle Prince

» Marielle Aveline Prince
Returning Home EmptySun May 15, 2016 8:57 pm by Sky

» Claim a Face
Returning Home EmptySun May 15, 2016 8:08 am by Marielle Prince

» AFFILIATE HERE
Returning Home EmptyMon May 09, 2016 2:42 am by Ariadne O'Rieley

» My charries need something fot their life (a plots)
Returning Home EmptyWed May 04, 2016 8:10 am by Jessica Kim

» The Gif Game 2.0
Returning Home EmptyTue May 03, 2016 7:39 am by Humphrey Williams

» A Dying Trade (one of JETTS characters)
Returning Home EmptyMon May 02, 2016 12:25 am by Augustus Beckett

» Wild Child [Ariadne]
Returning Home EmptySun May 01, 2016 6:01 am by Ariadne O'Rieley

» History Of Magic Application
Returning Home EmptyFri Apr 22, 2016 9:41 pm by Morgana Gaunt

» Semi - Activity Check!
Returning Home EmptyFri Apr 22, 2016 11:56 am by Hunter VanDerberg

» EVELYN'S "DRAWINGS"
Returning Home EmptySun Apr 17, 2016 10:30 pm by Morgana Gaunt

» I Won't Say I'm In Love (closed-one shot)
Returning Home EmptySun Apr 17, 2016 5:18 pm by Miranda Cunningham

Returning Home

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Richard Blackwood

Richard Blackwood

My Character
::
Activity: Adult, Daily Prophet Journalist

Returning Home Empty
PostSubject: Returning Home   Returning Home EmptySat Sep 22, 2012 4:06 pm

Richard entered the dark and shabby pub and headed towards the counter. Despite its fame, the Leaky Cauldron was quite deserted, as it was still morning. A few men were occupying the tables in the shadows of the corners, who had apparently still not recovered from a very active night. One of them, a bald lad in his mid twenties, in a semi-conscious state, was still holding a half full glass of Blishen's Firewhiskey.

Approaching the bar, Richard waited for the old landlady to finish talking with one of her other customers before calling her. "Good morning Richard" she greeted him in a kind yet tired voice. "Can I offer you some of our Leaky House Soup?"
"No thanks, Hannah. I'll just have a Butterbeer" Richard responded with a smile.
A few moments later, she returned with a large foaming tankard in her hand. "Thank you" Richard said, having a sip of the hot drink, which was perfectly suited for this cold and rainy day. "So what brings you here this early?" the landlady inquired.
After depositing his cup on the counter, he explained: "I'm meeting with my colleague. We are going to Hogwarts to interview the headmaster and a few professors for the Daily Prophet, and we were wondering if we could use your fireplace to get there."
"Of course, of course, deary." the old woman reassured.

At the same time, a loud noise indicated that the door of the pub had been opened. Turning around, Richard glanced at the entrance to see if Thalia had arrived.

Last edited by Richard Blackwood on Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

Returning Home Empty
PostSubject: Re: Returning Home   Returning Home EmptySat Oct 13, 2012 12:10 pm

Thalia walked into the bar. She was wearing a peach colored dress with peach colored stilettos. She was very excited today. She and Richard were visiting Hogwarts to interview a few teachers there for the Daily Prophet. She spotted Richard near the counter and walked up to him.

"Nice to see you, Thalia." The bartender, Hannah, said.

"Nice to see you too, Hannah. How are you?" Thalia asked.

"I'm well, Thalia dear." Hannah said. "What would you like to drink?" before Thalia could answer Hannah continued, "Oh, I know what you'll take. A butterbeer, right?"

"Right you are." Thalia smiled. Then she turned to Richard as Hannah walked away to get the butterbeer. "Hi, Richard!" She said enthusiastically, as she straightened her hair and dress.
Back to top Go down
Richard Blackwood

Richard Blackwood

My Character

Returning Home Empty
PostSubject: Re: Returning Home   Returning Home EmptySun Oct 14, 2012 5:09 pm

Thalia entered the Inn, even more ravishing than usually, as she was wearing a radiant peach coloured gown for the occasion. Richard silently observed her approach the counter. "Hi, Richard!" she greeted him once she was done chatting with Hannah. "Hey Thalia" he replied. "You look great." he complimented her with a smile, glancing at her dress.
"Are you set for our trip?" Richard inquired after taking another sip of his Butterbeer, glad to notice that she seemed as excited as him at the thought of returning to Hogwarts.

Last edited by Richard Blackwood on Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

Returning Home Empty
PostSubject: Re: Returning Home   Returning Home EmptyMon Oct 15, 2012 1:16 pm

Thalia smiled. "Thank you." She said as he complimented her. "Yes, I'm really ecstatic to go." She sipped her beer slowly, wondering how she would feel, to be visiting Hogwarts. She was sure it would feel warm, but she was afraid it would have changed.

She shook her head, clearing off all these thoughts. "When are we leaving Richard? And we're going through the fire right?" She asked, turning back to him. She was glad to see that he was enthusiastic too.
Back to top Go down
Richard Blackwood

Richard Blackwood

My Character

Returning Home Empty
PostSubject: Re: Returning Home   Returning Home EmptyMon Oct 15, 2012 8:03 pm

"We can leave as soon as you finish your drink." Richard replied after putting his empty cup of Butterbeer on the counter. "And yes, Hannah kindly agreed to let us use her fireplace. I hope the journey won't dirty your dress." he added jokingly, showing the other end of the bar. "Unfortunately, I have been informed that they don't let people come directly to Hogwarts via Floo Network anymore. Security measures, you know. So we have to travel to the Three Broomsticks in Hogsmeade and then walk to the Castle." he explained.

A few minutes later, Hannah led them to the fireplace. "I believe you know how this works, dearies." she gently declared, giving them a pot filled with a glittery, silver powder. "Good luck with your interviews. Oh, and please say hello to the Fat Friar for me if you cross his path." she added with a smile, her gaze seemingly lost in the reminiscence of some old memory. "Of course" Richard assured, "and thank you for everything". The old lady nodded and slowly returned to the counter. "After you." Richard announced, inviting Thalia to step in the fireplace while handing her the pot of Floo Powder.
Back to top Go down

Returning Home Empty
PostSubject: Re: Returning Home   Returning Home EmptyWed Oct 17, 2012 8:54 am

Thalia smiled at Richard and took the floo powder from him. She put it in the fire and said, "Hogwarts!"

She was suddenly immersed in twists and turns. It was almost like apparating, except the fire wasn't hot. It was cool. Thalia's feet touched the floor and she sighed.

She took a few steps away from the fire and waited for Richard. As she looked around, she realized that she was in Hogsmeade. Looking at all those delicious items in the shop, Thalia felt hungry. But she'd already drunk something and this wasn't the time. She waited patiently for Richard. The bartender spotted her and hurried over to her.

"Wow! Look at the tall Claw!" Mark said. "I missed you, woman!" He said and pulled her into a hug. Thalia laughed. Mark was a man aged around fifty and she used to talk to him, every time she visited Hogsmeade. But he was always her friend.

"Yes, I know. Taller than you." Thalia replied as she and Mark pulled away. "I missed you too, Mark."

"So, what are you doing here? Didya miss my Butterbeer?" He asked playfully.

Thalia grinned. "Of course, I did Mark. But I didn't come here for that. I was appointed as a journalist in the Daily Prophet. So, I'm here with my colleague to write an article about Hogwarts." She informed him.

"Oh, yes. I remember. I loved your articles, Lia. I promise to read all of them." Mark said.

"Thank you, Mark. That's so kind of you." Thalia said.
Back to top Go down
Richard Blackwood

Richard Blackwood

My Character

Returning Home Empty
PostSubject: Re: Returning Home   Returning Home EmptyFri Oct 19, 2012 12:12 am

Thalia disappeared immediately after walking into the fireplace. Grabbing a handful of powder from the pot, Richard tossed it into the flames and waited. A few moments later, they turned emerald green, indicating that he could safely enter. "Three Broomsticks Inn, Hogsmeade." he stated loudly and clearly as the harmless flames were provoking a funny feeling along his legs. Keeping his elbows close to his body, Richard witnessed countless fireplaces and hearths zooming past, yet he was unable to clearly see where they were leading as they were just following one another at tremendous speed.

Reaching his destination at last, he emerged from the fireplace and found himself in the familiar Inn. Sweeping the dust off his clothes, he took a moment to look around, as he hadn't visited this place in years. Not much had changed, expect for the fact that the always warm and crowded tavern was now nearly empty. "Thank you, Mark. That's so kind of you." he heard Thalia say, speaking to a man he recognized as the Innkeeper. He remembered him from his student years and his visits to Hogsmeade, but he didn't know him as well as his colleague. Still a bit dizzy from the Floo Network trip, he approached the two of them.
Back to top Go down

Returning Home Empty
PostSubject: Re: Returning Home   Returning Home EmptySun Oct 21, 2012 3:17 pm

"Richard!" Thalia smiled at the man coming out of the fire. She didn't know why, but she was kind of worried when he came out a bit later than she had expected him to. She introduced Mark to Richard. "Mark, this is Richard. He used to study, here at Hogwarts. Gryffindor."

Mark smiled at Richard. "Well, I gotta go, journalists." Thalia couldn't help but grin at that. "See ya'll around." And with that Mark was gone.

"Let's go home, Richard." She said as she lead the way to the Entrance Hall of Hogwarts.
Back to top Go down
Richard Blackwood

Richard Blackwood

My Character

Returning Home Empty
PostSubject: Re: Returning Home   Returning Home EmptyThu Oct 25, 2012 11:32 pm

"Nice to meet you" Richard kindly declared, shaking the innkeeper's hand. "Let's go home, Richard." Thalia said after informing Mark that they had to leave. Stepping outside, the two of them journeyed into the cold morning breeze, on their way to the Castle. Having crossed this bath countless times in his school years, Richard knew by heart the sinuous road leading to the imposing Entrance Gates.

"Have you met the new headmaster, Owen Gray?" Richard suddenly inquired, glancing at his colleague. "He used to work at the ministry before being offered the position."
Back to top Go down

Returning Home Empty
PostSubject: Re: Returning Home   Returning Home EmptySat Oct 27, 2012 11:18 am

"Well, no, I haven't Richard." Thalia told him. "I just joined the Ministry, remember?" It was cold outside and Thalia wasn't even wearing a coat. She felt cold, but she tried not to look cold. Breathing in huffs, she walked a bit faster to the Entrance Hall.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Returning Home Empty
PostSubject: Re: Returning Home   Returning Home Empty

Back to top Go down

Returning Home
Page 1 of 1