Live the Magic!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
The Admins
Fast Links
Current time
SPRING
Year: 2034
Term: 13
Month: March

Term 13 until TBA
House Points
Chat Box
Vote For Us
Affiliates
Photobucket Shadowplay HOS The Beginning Magical World of Harry Potter THE GIRL IS DANGEROUS Hogwarts Academy

Click here to affiliate!
Latest topics
» Chances (Ariel)
The Birth of A Creature EmptySat May 28, 2016 11:34 pm by Ariel Wilde

» HUGE REALLY VERY IMPORTANT UPDATE - PLEASE READ
The Birth of A Creature EmptySat May 21, 2016 11:40 pm by Hunter VanDerberg

» Sunny Afternoon (Open to Anyone)
The Birth of A Creature EmptyFri May 20, 2016 6:58 am by Marielle Prince

» An Unfortunate Accident (Open)
The Birth of A Creature EmptyMon May 16, 2016 2:41 am by Marielle Prince

» Marielle Aveline Prince
The Birth of A Creature EmptySun May 15, 2016 8:57 pm by Sky

» Claim a Face
The Birth of A Creature EmptySun May 15, 2016 8:08 am by Marielle Prince

» AFFILIATE HERE
The Birth of A Creature EmptyMon May 09, 2016 2:42 am by Ariadne O'Rieley

» My charries need something fot their life (a plots)
The Birth of A Creature EmptyWed May 04, 2016 8:10 am by Jessica Kim

» The Gif Game 2.0
The Birth of A Creature EmptyTue May 03, 2016 7:39 am by Humphrey Williams

» A Dying Trade (one of JETTS characters)
The Birth of A Creature EmptyMon May 02, 2016 12:25 am by Augustus Beckett

» Wild Child [Ariadne]
The Birth of A Creature EmptySun May 01, 2016 6:01 am by Ariadne O'Rieley

» History Of Magic Application
The Birth of A Creature EmptyFri Apr 22, 2016 9:41 pm by Morgana Gaunt

» Semi - Activity Check!
The Birth of A Creature EmptyFri Apr 22, 2016 11:56 am by Hunter VanDerberg

» EVELYN'S "DRAWINGS"
The Birth of A Creature EmptySun Apr 17, 2016 10:30 pm by Morgana Gaunt

» I Won't Say I'm In Love (closed-one shot)
The Birth of A Creature EmptySun Apr 17, 2016 5:18 pm by Miranda Cunningham

The Birth of A Creature

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Wade Malfoy
Admin
Admin
Wade Malfoy

My Character
::
Activity: Dark Wizard

The Birth of A Creature Empty
PostSubject: The Birth of A Creature   The Birth of A Creature EmptySun Sep 16, 2012 4:06 am

Wade sat on a bench as he waited patiently for the rest of his group to arrive. He took out his notebook and went over his notes from last class. They were pretty vague, as most of it was about Flobberworms, Centaurs and Merpeople, which were the only creatures they had learned so far. Closing his notebook, he looked around for a familiar face, he was supposed to work with Kim, James and Shah, but they still weren't here, and he started getting impatient. He made a note to himself to ask Professor Vega to give them a textbook or something like that to research other creatures.
Back to top Go down
James Riddle
Adult
James Riddle

My Character
Activity: Adult

PostSubject: Re: The Birth of A Creature   The Birth of A Creature EmptySun Sep 16, 2012 3:32 pm

James hastily entered the Clock Tower courtyard as he didn't want to be late for the meeting. Noticing Wade sitting on a bench on the opposite end, he crossed the green surface and approached him. "Hi" he greeted him, taking a seat beside him. "I'm sorry you had to wait. Are Kim and Shah coming?" he added, glancing around, searching for the two remaining members of their group.
Back to top Go down
Wade Malfoy
Admin
Admin
Wade Malfoy

My Character

PostSubject: Re: The Birth of A Creature   The Birth of A Creature EmptyWed Sep 19, 2012 1:01 am

"Hi" James said as he approached the bench Wade was waiting on.
"Hello" Wade replied, moving to the side so James could take a seat.
"I'm sorry you had to wait. Are Kim and Shah coming?" James asked, taking a seat. Wade thought about it, he was sure he had sent an owl to all of his group members.
Shah Chelsea Hazel, Kim Frey, James Riddle.....Me... he made a list of their complete names in his head.
"I'm sure I sent them an owl with all the details, so they should be here sometime soon." Wade assured, but later shifted his thoughts.
"Meanwhile, do you have any ideas?" he asked, opening his notebook again, ready to write down any ideas James might have.
Back to top Go down
Shah Chelsea Hazel
Admin
Admin
Shah Chelsea Hazel

My Character
Activity: Adult, Trainee Auror

PostSubject: Re: The Birth of A Creature   The Birth of A Creature EmptyWed Sep 19, 2012 11:02 am

Shah hopped down to the Clock Tower Courtyard where Wade had arranged the meeting. She noticed that Wade and James were already there. She smiled at both of them as she approached them. "Hi Wade! Hi James!" She sat down next to Wade. "Sorry, I'm late. I, uh, had some work to do." She looked around as she pulled her hoodie on her head. It was a windy day. "Kim's comin' right?" She asked as she turned back to them and pushed her fringe off her eyes.
Back to top Go down
Selene Greco
Adult
Selene Greco

My Character
Activity: Adult, Care of Magical Creatures Professor, History of Magic Professor, Head of Slytherin House

PostSubject: Re: The Birth of A Creature   The Birth of A Creature EmptyThu Sep 20, 2012 4:00 am

OOC: Glad to see you guys working! Please keep in touch with Group B's thread on their project, I wouldn't want to grade two incredibly similar creatures. Oh, to Wade's PM, I will try to post some sort of textbook so that it can help you guys. Keep up the good work! Very Happy :OOC
Back to top Go down
James Riddle
Adult
James Riddle

My Character

PostSubject: Re: The Birth of A Creature   The Birth of A Creature EmptySat Sep 22, 2012 8:32 pm

"Meanwhile, do you have any ideas?" Wade inquired after confirming that the other members of the group were coming. James remained silent for a moment, thinking about what they could for their project, but before he could come up with an interesting idea, he heard someone approaching. "Hi Wade! Hi James!" Shah cheerfully greeted them. "Sorry, I'm late. I, uh, had some work to do. Kim's comin' right?" she asked. "She should be here any minute." James replied, still pondering about their creature. "I guess we should wait for her before discussing our project."
Back to top Go down
Kim Frey
Admin
Admin
Kim Frey

My Character
Activity: Slytherin - Year 3, Radio Worker

PostSubject: Re: The Birth of A Creature   The Birth of A Creature EmptySun Sep 23, 2012 2:43 am

Kim ran towards the Clock Tower Courtyard. She knew that she received an owl from Wade concerning their term project for the Care of the Magical Creatures. Though, she had a tendency to forget such an important note.

Finally, she arrived, hoping that they had not started yet. She stopped beside James, trying to catch her breath. "Sorry... I'm late." She had a hard time talking and breathing at the same time. "Did you guys start already?" she added.

OOC: I received a wrong link. I thought that the meeting was on the thread 'out in the gardens'. :OOC
Back to top Go down
http://thedrunktrain.blogspot.com
James Riddle
Adult
James Riddle

My Character

PostSubject: Re: The Birth of A Creature   The Birth of A Creature EmptySun Sep 23, 2012 9:30 am

As soon as he had finished talking, Kim emerged into the courtyard and hastily headed towards them. "Sorry... I'm late." she said with difficulty once she had joined them, trying to catch her breath. "Did you guys start already?"
"It's okay, don't worry." James reassured her. "And we were waiting for you before starting." Moving closer to Wade on the bench, he made space for Kim to sit down beside him. After giving her a few seconds to rest, he said: "I guess we can begin now. Do you think we should make a completely new creature or draw inspiration from several already existing ones?"
Back to top Go down
Shah Chelsea Hazel
Admin
Admin
Shah Chelsea Hazel

My Character

PostSubject: Re: The Birth of A Creature   The Birth of A Creature EmptySun Sep 23, 2012 4:08 pm

Kim had arrived. Now they could start.
"Hi Kim!" Shah smiled at Kim.

She answered James, "Well, I think we should do both. You take a few rare characteristics from the existing ones and make our own creature?"
Back to top Go down
James Riddle
Adult
James Riddle

My Character

PostSubject: Re: The Birth of A Creature   The Birth of A Creature EmptyThu Oct 11, 2012 5:08 pm

"Well, I think we should do both. You take a few rare characteristics from the existing ones and make our own creature?" Shah replied. "Yes, that sounds fine. Does anyone have any suggestions?" he asked, glancing at the others while trying to come up with interesting ideas himself.
Back to top Go down
Wade Malfoy
Admin
Admin
Wade Malfoy

My Character

PostSubject: Re: The Birth of A Creature   The Birth of A Creature EmptyMon Oct 15, 2012 4:29 am

"Yes, that sounds fine. Does anyone have any suggestions?" James asked everyone,
"Well, I'm really intrigued by the Basilisk...." Wade told them, not sure on how they would all take his rare attraction to a ruthless creature. "I think they're very strong, yet vulnerable creatures. So if we could use a few of its traits then I would love that." he finished, a little uncomfortable.
Back to top Go down
Shah Chelsea Hazel
Admin
Admin
Shah Chelsea Hazel

My Character

PostSubject: Re: The Birth of A Creature   The Birth of A Creature EmptyMon Oct 15, 2012 1:57 pm

"Of course Wade." Shah smiled at him. "I like basilisks too. They're brave and venomous and massive! And I totally agree with you. They are vulnerable." She nodded her head making her bright red hair shake. She stopped and smiled. "How about we take a few traits from....I dunno maybe Vampire?" She suggested. She knew it was stupid, but it wouldn't hurt. "I mean not their appearance or anything. The blood-sucking part, I mean."
Back to top Go down
James Riddle
Adult
James Riddle

My Character

PostSubject: Re: The Birth of A Creature   The Birth of A Creature EmptyMon Oct 15, 2012 9:56 pm

As Wade and Shah enthusiastically talked about drawing inspiration from Basilisks and Vampires, James briefly glanced at Kim, only to discover that she was apparently sharing his feeling of unease. As Muggle-borns, they didn't possess the same extensive knowledge the others did about fantastic beasts, and their Care of Magical Creatures had just recently begun. While vampires were an important part of Muggle culture, there were so many different myths about them that James didn't even know which were true and which not. And while the word Basilisk did ring a bell, he absolutely couldn't remember where he had heard it, or what beast it actually designated.

For a moment, he felt too ashamed to point it his ignorance, but in order for them to work on this project together, they had to be on the same level. "I'm sorry" he interrupted them, a clear embarrassment in his voice, "but could you please just describe the traits of these creatures for those of us who aren't familiar with them?"
Back to top Go down
Shah Chelsea Hazel
Admin
Admin
Shah Chelsea Hazel

My Character

PostSubject: Re: The Birth of A Creature   The Birth of A Creature EmptyTue Oct 16, 2012 6:43 am

"It's okay, James." Shah assured him. "Not everyone has to know about everything," She smiled at him.

"Basilisk are huge vicious venomous creatures. They have these massive fangs. If you get bit by it, or even a tiny scratch, you are dead." Shah said dramatically. She hurriedly continued, "I mean, of course there's a cure for it. But only one."

Then she looked at Wade with a grin. "Am I right?" She didn't know much either. She'd just read them in books or her mom had told her.
Back to top Go down
Wade Malfoy
Admin
Admin
Wade Malfoy

My Character

PostSubject: Re: The Birth of A Creature   The Birth of A Creature EmptyWed Oct 17, 2012 3:15 am

"I'm sorry" James interrupted clearly embarrassed, "but could you please just describe the traits of these creatures for those of us who aren't familiar with them?"
"Oh," said Wade, forgetting that Kim and James were Muggle-Borns.
"It's okay, James." Shah assured, "Not everyone has to know about everything,"
"Basilisk are huge vicious venomous creatures. They have these massive fangs. If you get bit by it, or even a tiny scratch, you are dead." she continued, "I mean, of course there's a cure for it. But only one."
Then, looking at Wade, she asked, "Am I right?"
"For the most part, yeah." he responded, trying not to sound mean or arrogant, he then turned to James and Kim.
"The thing about Basilisks though, is that they are these giant snake like creatures. They're really long, and by really long, I mean REALLY LONG!" he said, emphasizing his words. "Only Parselmouths can control them. Do you remember Professor Clark talking about the Chamber of Secrets during his second lesson or so?" He asked both of them, "Well, Salazar Slytherin kept a Basilisk in there, and it can either kill you or petrify you. It just depends on whether or not you look at it directly in the eyes. Their venom can only be cured with...." he paused, trying to remember what Uncle Phoenix had told him and Lucy before, "Oh! That's right. Their venom can only be cured with Phoenix tears!" he turned to look at the rest of his group.
"Uncle Phoenix liked to talk about everything magical, and, let's face it, Uncle Draco likes to cry about everything sometimes. He also cried about creatures he had never even encountered." he told them, shaking his head in disapproval.
Back to top Go down
Shah Chelsea Hazel
Admin
Admin
Shah Chelsea Hazel

My Character

PostSubject: Re: The Birth of A Creature   The Birth of A Creature EmptyWed Oct 17, 2012 8:35 am

"Yes." Shah agreed with Wade. Wade knew everything about the creature and Shah felt find of proud and kind of stupid. But they were a team, and they had to work together.

"So, what traits do we take from the Basilisk?" Shah asked the two guys.
Back to top Go down
Kim Frey
Admin
Admin
Kim Frey

My Character

PostSubject: Re: The Birth of A Creature   The Birth of A Creature EmptyWed Oct 17, 2012 12:19 pm

Kim tried to be as active as possible but she couldn't quite resist to feel out of the topic knowing that had not encountered anything that they were talking about. Of course she had heard about vampires but on her world, the muggle world, vampires are the ones that turn into bats and suck the blood out of their victims. For the basilisk, she knew that she read it on some book but the only thing that she can remember from it is that it is a dangerous snake and some information that she learned from their History of Magic class. She was relieved to know that James was with them, knowing that he is just like Kim, a muggle born.

"Well, I am pretty sure that you have some dragons here in the magic world. I'm sorry if it is a stupid idea to add them up but for now, that is the only creature I know," she told them, trying to sound livelier than she really was.
Back to top Go down
Wade Malfoy
Admin
Admin
Wade Malfoy

My Character

PostSubject: Re: The Birth of A Creature   The Birth of A Creature EmptySun Oct 21, 2012 8:10 pm

"Well, I am pretty sure that you have some dragons here in the magic world. I'm sorry if it is a stupid idea to add them up but for now, that is the only creature I know," Kim said, trying to put her own ideas out there.

Wade jumped at it, "Oh, yes! We do!" he said excitedly.
"Uncle Phoenix had many books about dragons, although the only I've ever heard of is the Chinese Fireball," he paused, trying to remember the name, "or something like that. Anyway, I never really read the books, I just looked through them, but I'm sure we can find something in the library, or we can ask Professor Vega." he said, unsure of why he had spoken in the first place if he didn't really know anything about dragons. His reply was basically useless to Kim, who, he supposed, wanted to know about dragons in the wizarding world, not about a book he'd never read.
Back to top Go down
Shah Chelsea Hazel
Admin
Admin
Shah Chelsea Hazel

My Character

PostSubject: Re: The Birth of A Creature   The Birth of A Creature EmptyTue Oct 23, 2012 1:59 pm

"Yeah!" Shah said feeling absolutely excited. "Dragons are cool. But the question is what traits do we take from these creature?" And then she added, "Maybe we could take the fire-breathing character from the dragon? That would make our creature look dangerous and people wouldn't take it for granted?"
Back to top Go down
Kim Frey
Admin
Admin
Kim Frey

My Character

PostSubject: Re: The Birth of A Creature   The Birth of A Creature EmptyMon Oct 29, 2012 7:05 am

"I think we are having a great start. First, we need to sketch it. Anyone of you knows how to draw?" Kim asked, being sure that she was not perfect for the job.
Back to top Go down
Shah Chelsea Hazel
Admin
Admin
Shah Chelsea Hazel

My Character

PostSubject: Re: The Birth of A Creature   The Birth of A Creature EmptySun Nov 04, 2012 1:28 pm

Shah shook her head making her red hair shake gently. "I'm not really all that great at drawing, but I can be the substitute for whoever can draw." She said hesitantly. Then she said, "So let's summarise. The traits are: Fire-breathing, and something from the Basilisk? Does it look huge or of mediocre size?"
Back to top Go down
Wade Malfoy
Admin
Admin
Wade Malfoy

My Character

PostSubject: Re: The Birth of A Creature   The Birth of A Creature EmptySun Nov 04, 2012 5:03 pm

"I think it should be medium size...not too big, but also not too small." Wade suggested, "If it's huge then it's be easily feared, and if it's tiny then it will be taken for granted."
He waited quietly as the others thought about his suggestion.
Back to top Go down
Kim Frey
Admin
Admin
Kim Frey

My Character

PostSubject: Re: The Birth of A Creature   The Birth of A Creature EmptyMon Nov 05, 2012 7:50 am

"Yes, I think that if we exaggerate our creature, it will look ridiculous," Kim suggested. "But how will the body look like. We already have traits and the size," she added.
Back to top Go down
Wade Malfoy
Admin
Admin
Wade Malfoy

My Character

PostSubject: Re: The Birth of A Creature   The Birth of A Creature EmptyMon Nov 12, 2012 1:14 am

"Yes, I think that if we exaggerate our creature, it will look ridiculous," Kim suggested. "But how will the body look like. We already have traits and the size," Kim added.
"We should make it look like a snake maybe? I mean, snakes aren't that big, but they're also not that small. Plus, it would be so much easier for it to move around since it could just slither around and all." Wade added, hoping to get everyone going.
Back to top Go down
Kim Frey
Admin
Admin
Kim Frey

My Character

PostSubject: Re: The Birth of A Creature   The Birth of A Creature EmptySat Dec 08, 2012 12:07 pm

"We should make it look like a snake maybe? I mean, snakes aren't that big, but they're also not that small. Plus, it would be so much easier for it to move around since it could just slither around and all," Wade suggested. Kim imagined it for a moment. "Yeah, I think that is a good idea. Snakes can move even on small holes. They can inspect every corner that there is in their sights," Kim agreed on him.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Birth of A Creature   The Birth of A Creature Empty

Back to top Go down

The Birth of A Creature
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Live the Magic! :: Hogwarts Castle :: The Grounds :: Clock Tower :: Clock Tower Courtyard-
Jump to: