Live the Magic!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
The Admins
Fast Links
Current time
SPRING
Year: 2034
Term: 13
Month: March

Term 13 until TBA
House Points
Chat Box
Vote For Us
Affiliates
Photobucket Shadowplay HOS The Beginning Magical World of Harry Potter THE GIRL IS DANGEROUS Hogwarts Academy

Click here to affiliate!
Latest topics
» Chances (Ariel)
Late Dinner (Open) EmptySat May 28, 2016 11:34 pm by Ariel Wilde

» HUGE REALLY VERY IMPORTANT UPDATE - PLEASE READ
Late Dinner (Open) EmptySat May 21, 2016 11:40 pm by Hunter VanDerberg

» Sunny Afternoon (Open to Anyone)
Late Dinner (Open) EmptyFri May 20, 2016 6:58 am by Marielle Prince

» An Unfortunate Accident (Open)
Late Dinner (Open) EmptyMon May 16, 2016 2:41 am by Marielle Prince

» Marielle Aveline Prince
Late Dinner (Open) EmptySun May 15, 2016 8:57 pm by Sky

» Claim a Face
Late Dinner (Open) EmptySun May 15, 2016 8:08 am by Marielle Prince

» AFFILIATE HERE
Late Dinner (Open) EmptyMon May 09, 2016 2:42 am by Ariadne O'Rieley

» My charries need something fot their life (a plots)
Late Dinner (Open) EmptyWed May 04, 2016 8:10 am by Jessica Kim

» The Gif Game 2.0
Late Dinner (Open) EmptyTue May 03, 2016 7:39 am by Humphrey Williams

» A Dying Trade (one of JETTS characters)
Late Dinner (Open) EmptyMon May 02, 2016 12:25 am by Augustus Beckett

» Wild Child [Ariadne]
Late Dinner (Open) EmptySun May 01, 2016 6:01 am by Ariadne O'Rieley

» History Of Magic Application
Late Dinner (Open) EmptyFri Apr 22, 2016 9:41 pm by Morgana Gaunt

» Semi - Activity Check!
Late Dinner (Open) EmptyFri Apr 22, 2016 11:56 am by Hunter VanDerberg

» EVELYN'S "DRAWINGS"
Late Dinner (Open) EmptySun Apr 17, 2016 10:30 pm by Morgana Gaunt

» I Won't Say I'm In Love (closed-one shot)
Late Dinner (Open) EmptySun Apr 17, 2016 5:18 pm by Miranda Cunningham

Late Dinner (Open)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Sinead O'Donnell
Third Year
Third Year
Sinead O'Donnell

My Character
::
Activity:

Late Dinner (Open) Empty
PostSubject: Late Dinner (Open)   Late Dinner (Open) EmptySun Sep 20, 2015 4:03 am

Because she had been so preoccupied with other responsibilities - like being moody - Sinead had missed dinner at the Great Hall. She had come down from the Ravenclaw tower, hungry and exhausted from being a teenager that when she walked into the Hall and saw empty tables and house elves cleaning around, she almost walked out in disappointment. The house elves, who were kind and true to their work, had offered to prepare something for her, who thanked them many times as they led her back to the kitchens. Just because she felt like being a brat to every kid in school didn't mean she had to be one to the humblest of creatures.

Truthfully, she liked their company. They were soft-spoken and genuine, even if it was in their soul to obey rules. Whatever they did, they seemed to do it from the heart and Sinead loved that. Maybe, when she was older, she could look after the elderly house elves. A retirement home of sorts. For the first time in day, Sinead smiled as she watched the tiny, wrinkly creatures make her dinner. They moved swiftly, in childish movements and muttering the recipes to themselves. Sinead sat at the table as they cut potatoes and sliced fresh bread before putting them in a plate, waiting for the meat to be edible. Honestly, she wasn't that big on the meat, but they were so excited to make it for her that she didn't have the heart to tell them otherwise.

As she waited, she decided to tell Humphrey about them. Really, she just wanted to talk to him, as she was sure he had already met the little creatures. One of the house elves, with big, round sparkly eyes approached her. He carried a plate with a hearty dinner in hand, and carefully placed it in front of her. "Why, thank you, sir." Sinead said with a smile, taking a fork and a knife. She noticed the way the house elves looked pleased when they helped out and wished she could be that happy to help her mother around the house. Sinead was actually enjoying dinner, not really paying attention to the world outside the kitchen, until the door swung open and she lifted her eyes to see who had walked in, expecting another house elf.
Back to top Go down
Saryana Greenwood
Fourth Year
Fourth Year
Saryana Greenwood

My Character
Activity: Gryffindor - year II

Late Dinner (Open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Late Dinner (Open)   Late Dinner (Open) EmptyMon Sep 21, 2015 8:37 pm

Saryana really wanted to thank the person who she had overheard talk about the kitchens. It gave her more time to be in the library, plus she didn't have to be sitting with people she didn't even know and also didn't need to fight over the food. Okay, she didn't fight for food but there still was the part where it was hard to get what she wanted. But not anymore! No, now she would study in the library until the librarian starts to annoy Saryana to go eat, then she would either go to the kitchen or pretend to. Not always did she go there, after all, she couldn't use the house elves' help all the time. It would be... Rather cruel. No, she just went almost everyday.

But there always should be pros and cons in such situations. What sucked was sitting on the ground, along with how the house elves seemed to turn annoying after some time of help. Honestly, should she hear another 'Do you want more of..., miss Greenwood? ' she would hit one of them. And the whole miss this and miss that was irritating as well. And no matter how much she tells them that, they won't bloody listen! On the other hand, the didn't stop her drinking as much tea as she wants... And for this girl, that was a lot.

Today was another of those days when she decided to use the kindness from the house elves. Wait, that sounded wrong... Putting the finished book in place, she walked to the kitchen. Why was everything so far from the library... And then they complain on how no one reads! Everyone was an idiot nowadays... Entering inside, she was surprised to see someone else already there. The girl seemed younger, if only with about a tear. Ignoring the greetings from the house elves, she looked at the girl. "Hello..." she began, her voice bearing caution, before continuing. "I don't believe we have meet. I'm Saryana Greenwood. How about you? " she said and sat down across her. "Fish and chips? And tea." She said when asked what to eat and watched as they walked off to make it. "They never wait for me to thank them..." she muttered but shrugged it off.
Back to top Go down
Sinead O'Donnell
Third Year
Third Year
Sinead O'Donnell

My Character
Activity:

Late Dinner (Open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Late Dinner (Open)   Late Dinner (Open) EmptyTue Sep 22, 2015 5:19 am

It wasn't another house elf. It was a girl. A girl. Sinead was not in the mood for girls. Or guys. But nevertheless, she couldn't actually be rude to a stranger. Though, she wasn't exactly a stranger. Sinead watched as the girl approached her, completely ignoring the cute house elves. "Hello. You're actually in my DADA class." The girl must have forgotten Sinead was in her class, or maybe she just hadn't noticed the Raveclaw since apparently Sinead was SO AVERAGE. "I'm Sinead. O'Donnell." She almost left out her surname accidentally. Even though Sinead didn't offer the girl a seat, she took it, and Sinead was actually glad she had done so. Of course she wanted company, but she wasn't about to beg for it. With Saryana, Sinead didn't have to ask her to sit.

"That's an interesting combination." Sinead smiled, for some reason. Of course, she was eating a more hearty one but then again, she wasn't English and chances were Saryana was. She took a bite of her roll and shrugged when Saryana commented on the house elves not waiting to be thanked. "I don't think they do it to be thanked. More for their own personal fulfilment." She wasn't actually sure then, of their helpfulness was a habit, a selfish need to feel needed, or real humility. That was probably the first time she questioned the house elves' intentions.

"So...." Sinead began, "You're a fourth year?" Sinead was almost sure the girl was a year above her, because in DAD the girl always seemed to do better than Sinead, but she couldn't be a fifth year because she was still quite young, like herself. "I'm a third year, which is exciting because now I can go to Hogsmeade. Do you go to Hogsmeade?" Secretly, Sinead wished she could just tag along if Saryana went, maybe then she could actually make a friend or two.[/color]

Last edited by Sinead O'Donnell on Sat Oct 31, 2015 7:11 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Saryana Greenwood
Fourth Year
Fourth Year
Saryana Greenwood

My Character
Activity: Gryffindor - year II

Late Dinner (Open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Late Dinner (Open)   Late Dinner (Open) EmptySat Oct 03, 2015 11:27 pm

Saryana frowned slightly when she mentioned that they were actually in one class. "Oh, sorry! I don't really look around to who is who..." she said and shrugged slightly, not wanting to seem embarrassed or such. No, she definitely couldn't show such a weakness, not to someone she doesn't really know yet. Though considering Nick, maybe she shouldn't ever show her weaknesses. They were hers and hers alone. She smiled afterwards. "Nice to meet you then, Sinead!" It wasn't the best thing she could say but it wasn't like she could think over for days what to answer to that simple sentence. And people in books often would say that, if they had manners, so it probably was a good idea to say it as well. After all, it was books they were talking about!

The girl looked slightly confused at the next words spoken out. Never before had she meet someone to be interested in something so simple as fish and chips. "It's pretty normal from where I come from." She noted with a smile. "And I really like tea. Stereotypical, I know." She chuckled slightly, remembering how, as a child, she would take tea bags along with her whenever she would go somewhere with her parents and constantly ask if they could make her some tea. Thank god that they had a terminus later on! "It's pretty much a tradition for them... They are used to doing things without being thanked. And they tell themselves they don't need them. It's pitiful, really... But gets annoying when they do it every day." she sighed sadly. Seriously, they just didn't learn...

Saryana was probably going to get lost in thought about house elves hadn't Sinead stopped her with a 'so'. Listening to the question, she nodded. "Forth, yes." What year could Sinead be? The girl seemed her age but Saryana didn't remember her from her sorting. Definitely not a fifth year. So, third, maybe? The next saying confirmed that. "Hogsmeade? I go, yes! But... I'm, er, usually not very long because I go alone...." she muttered, awkwardly drifting out at the end. Happily, her food had came. "Tha- Oh, damn it, allow me to thank you for once!" She sighed as she watched the elf walk off to do who knows what. They all were impossible... So, she did all she could do in this situation and took a sip from her tea.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Late Dinner (Open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Late Dinner (Open)   Late Dinner (Open) Empty

Back to top Go down

Late Dinner (Open)
Page 1 of 1