Live the Magic!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
The Admins
Fast Links
Current time
SPRING
Year: 2034
Term: 13
Month: March

Term 13 until TBA
House Points
Chat Box
Vote For Us
Affiliates
Photobucket Shadowplay HOS The Beginning Magical World of Harry Potter THE GIRL IS DANGEROUS Hogwarts Academy

Click here to affiliate!
Latest topics
» Chances (Ariel)
Post-Party Reflections [Closed to Aylee] EmptySat May 28, 2016 11:34 pm by Ariel Wilde

» HUGE REALLY VERY IMPORTANT UPDATE - PLEASE READ
Post-Party Reflections [Closed to Aylee] EmptySat May 21, 2016 11:40 pm by Hunter VanDerberg

» Sunny Afternoon (Open to Anyone)
Post-Party Reflections [Closed to Aylee] EmptyFri May 20, 2016 6:58 am by Marielle Prince

» An Unfortunate Accident (Open)
Post-Party Reflections [Closed to Aylee] EmptyMon May 16, 2016 2:41 am by Marielle Prince

» Marielle Aveline Prince
Post-Party Reflections [Closed to Aylee] EmptySun May 15, 2016 8:57 pm by Sky

» Claim a Face
Post-Party Reflections [Closed to Aylee] EmptySun May 15, 2016 8:08 am by Marielle Prince

» AFFILIATE HERE
Post-Party Reflections [Closed to Aylee] EmptyMon May 09, 2016 2:42 am by Ariadne O'Rieley

» My charries need something fot their life (a plots)
Post-Party Reflections [Closed to Aylee] EmptyWed May 04, 2016 8:10 am by Jessica Kim

» The Gif Game 2.0
Post-Party Reflections [Closed to Aylee] EmptyTue May 03, 2016 7:39 am by Humphrey Williams

» A Dying Trade (one of JETTS characters)
Post-Party Reflections [Closed to Aylee] EmptyMon May 02, 2016 12:25 am by Augustus Beckett

» Wild Child [Ariadne]
Post-Party Reflections [Closed to Aylee] EmptySun May 01, 2016 6:01 am by Ariadne O'Rieley

» History Of Magic Application
Post-Party Reflections [Closed to Aylee] EmptyFri Apr 22, 2016 9:41 pm by Morgana Gaunt

» Semi - Activity Check!
Post-Party Reflections [Closed to Aylee] EmptyFri Apr 22, 2016 11:56 am by Hunter VanDerberg

» EVELYN'S "DRAWINGS"
Post-Party Reflections [Closed to Aylee] EmptySun Apr 17, 2016 10:30 pm by Morgana Gaunt

» I Won't Say I'm In Love (closed-one shot)
Post-Party Reflections [Closed to Aylee] EmptySun Apr 17, 2016 5:18 pm by Miranda Cunningham

Post-Party Reflections [Closed to Aylee]

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Ryland Malfoy
Adult
Ryland Malfoy

My Character
::
Activity: Gryffindor Alumni, Owner of Glass House, Care of Magical Creatures Professor

Post-Party Reflections [Closed to Aylee] Empty
PostSubject: Post-Party Reflections [Closed to Aylee]   Post-Party Reflections [Closed to Aylee] EmptyMon Nov 04, 2013 4:41 am

Though now out of the party, Ryland still found it hard to breathe and walk at the same tie. It was then that he realized he hated Wade. He really did hate his cousin. It was the sort of feeling that made his blood sting in his veins, the one that prickled at his neck and made his fingers curl up into fists he couldn't control. It was something that Ryland had experienced back at the orphanage, but he'd never wanted to experience here.

He walked through hallway, his shape being only half lit by the soft light still on, illuminating his way. He was headed to the lavatories where he hoped he could take a quick shower, even if he had to put his costume back on. He wanted to get rid of the feeling Wade was just started; the feeling of insecurity.

Ryland turned around the corner, hoping he was close enough to his destination. Taking off his mask and throwing it to the ground, he wanted to forget about the whole incident, he made his way up a corridor.
Back to top Go down
Aylee Walters
Admin
Admin
Aylee Walters

My Character
Activity: Adult, Trainee Obliviator

PostSubject: Re: Post-Party Reflections [Closed to Aylee]   Post-Party Reflections [Closed to Aylee] EmptyMon Nov 04, 2013 2:15 pm

Aylee wanted to know what happened, and see if Ryland was alright. She could only guess that Wade had started the argument, whatever it was about. It seemed serious because she had never seen Ryland hurt someone like that before. And, anyway, she was sure that she had heard her own name in the conversation so she wanted to know what that was about. What did I have to do with it? she thought. She was trying to remember what Wade's exact words had been. 'Go ahead! Show Aylee the kind of person you are. Have you told her...' after that, she hadn't heard anything else. Go ahead and do what? Show her what kind of person? Tell her what?

Oh god, Aylee, you're being so nosy.

It wasn't like she could help being curious. After she left the Great Hall, she stopped and looked around. Where is he? Then she saw him, walking up a staircase. Aylee walked, no, she basically glided after the sound of Ryland's footsteps. She ran with her feet barely touching the ground, almost on her tip-toes. Her feet didn't make any sound, and that was good because she didn't want to give the impression that she was stalking Ryland or something. She followed him through a maze of corridors, sometimes stopping to see which way he went. The fact that she wasn't the best runner gave her a bit of a disadvantage as she tried to keep up with Ryland.

Some time later, she lost him, so all she could do was rely on her instinct to go through the corridors. Left, right, left, right, right, left, right, left, left. Random turns she took, not knowing where she was going. And then she saw him. At least, she was sure that it was Ryland. There wasn't much light. She wasn't far so Aylee just shouted, "Ryland!" as loudly as she could to make sure that he heard her. And then she walked towards him.

Last edited by Aylee Walters on Tue Nov 05, 2013 11:51 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Ryland Malfoy
Adult
Ryland Malfoy

My Character
Activity: Gryffindor Alumni, Owner of Glass House, Care of Magical Creatures Professor

PostSubject: Re: Post-Party Reflections [Closed to Aylee]   Post-Party Reflections [Closed to Aylee] EmptyMon Nov 04, 2013 6:27 pm

As he walked, Ryland's eyelids began to close. He became sleepy, peaceful. He walked limply, unaware of where he was going and no longer feeling insecure. It was an unfamiliar, yet welcomg feeling, one that made him feel as if he were floating towards the Pearly Gates, except it wasn't death. Death was supposed to be painful, but this...this was insanely soothing.

"Ryland!" It was the faint echoing of a familiar voice, someone he had heard before way too many times. Someone he remembered amidst the feelings of peacefullness, someone definitely worth remembering. His head managed to turn back, though his body still had trouble trying to accomodate to this new feeling. Tough the hallway was dimly lit, he recognized a figure at the distance, coming closer by the second. At last, his eyes which had acquired a new gray scale, recognized the figure. It was Aylee.

Except it wasn't Aylee. It was someone who was interfering with his plans. He suddenly became angry, all his feelings of inner peace gone. He took out his wand from his pocket, took a second to admire it's red tint, before walking towards the girl with a determination he had never had before.
Back to top Go down
Aylee Walters
Admin
Admin
Aylee Walters

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Post-Party Reflections [Closed to Aylee]   Post-Party Reflections [Closed to Aylee] EmptyMon Nov 04, 2013 7:29 pm

The boy turned around, and Aylee stopped, immediately realizing that something was wrong. She wasn't far, but she could see enough. Ryland took out his wand and started walking towards her, which suddenly freaked her out. He looked different, yet she couldn't place her finger on it. He looked angry, as if she had done something wrong. But what was it? As Ryland came closer, she realized what was different. His eyes weren't green. They were grey.

That's not Ryland.

How she had ever cared to take notice of Ryland's eyes she didn't know, all she was thinking was that it was a good thing that after her encounter with Umbridge she had the sense to keep her wand with her at all times. If her wand wasn't up her sleeve right now, she was sure that she'd be in big trouble. Her wand was literally up her sleeve because her dress didn't have any other pockets. She was still in her Rowena Ravenclaw dress, but her wig and fake diadem were somewhere under a table in the Great Hall. Slowly, Aylee took a few steps back and took out her white wand. She pointed it at Ryland, her face both confused and cautious.

What was going on? It was still Ryland, yet from his eyes to the way he walked, he was different. And, even though he hadn't said a word yet, she had a feeling that something was terribly wrong. It was as if she was back in the forest again, not knowing what to expect.

"Are you okay?" she asked slowly, although talking was probably not a good idea. Yet, what could she do? Stand there? That would be too much for her.
Back to top Go down
Ryland Malfoy
Adult
Ryland Malfoy

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Post-Party Reflections [Closed to Aylee]   Post-Party Reflections [Closed to Aylee] EmptyMon Nov 04, 2013 9:40 pm

"Curiosity killed the cat, Aylee." Ryland replied, his voice stronger than usual. "Have you ever heard of that?" His hand gripped the wand even tighter as he saw Aylee become defensive; it wasn't that he hadn't expected it. It was that he wasn't going to let her win. For a moment, he considered Crucio, his best option to keep her far away from him; practically scare her to death. Yet there was something that forbid him from cursing her, despite the feeling in his gut that was screaming at him to do so. He could do it, or he could kill her. Simple as that. No one would know, no one had to know. Ryland's eyes turned to the light above them, so blinding to his sensitive eyes. They had never been this way...

His thoughts and words tangled themselves in his brain, unable to come out the way he wanted them. It was an inner battle between what he knew he had to do, and what he wanted to do. He had to reach the Astronomy Tower, he had to look for something. He had to make Aylee go away. He wanted to scream so loudly that someone would come and get him, he wanted to hit something until the feeling of peace came back. He wanted to kiss Aylee. He wanted to return to the party and hang out with Darcy. He wanted so much, yet he could do so little.

"Nox." he pointed his wand at the light above them, putting it out with the simple counter spell. Turning to Aylee, who now seemed even farther apart due to the lack of light, he smiled. Tough to him the smile was normal, to the outside world this new smile on Ryland's face was wicked. It was like an animal, at least. His usually small smile was now wide and evil, something so unusual for the boy. He figured he might as well do it now that he had the chance. He didn't even bother answering Aylee's question. "Flipendo!" Ryland's suddenly deep voice shouted, a blue light leaving the tip of his wand and heading towards Aylee.

Last edited by Ryland Marcotte Malfoy on Mon Nov 11, 2013 1:33 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Aylee Walters
Admin
Admin
Aylee Walters

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Post-Party Reflections [Closed to Aylee]   Post-Party Reflections [Closed to Aylee] EmptyTue Nov 05, 2013 7:41 am

That wasn't even his voice. Curiosity killed the cat? What does that have to do with anything?  Am I the cat? Am I going to get killed for being curious? Aylee kept her wand in front of her, waiting for his next move. Why would he ever say something like that? Something was wrong, yet she couldn't think straight with what was going on. Think about it later. She didn't speak. No, she wasn't going to lose this time. Not after having lost to Umbridge.

Then Ryland put out the light.

It wasn't that she was scared of the darkness, she hated it. The darkness hated her. She'd see the forest again, Lucy's glare, the werewolf's howl, a bleeding Ryland. And then it would remind her that the incident was somehow her fault, and it would cause her to cry. And to make it even worse, a jet of blue light came straight towards her, illuminating Ryland's face. That's not his face. The smile was too evil. Even though she didn't know Ryland for long, she knew that he'd never do that- he'd never smile like that, he'd never attack her like that. Or maybe he has secretly hated you for as long as he can remember. But she frowned a bit at the thought. Then what would the roses incident explain? That was her first theory - he was doing this against his will. It scared her, but that was all she needed to not run away and give up.

The incantation had been Flipendo. How to repel it? In a split second, Aylee tried to remember what she had read about the spell, even though the only time she had heard about it was a long time ago. The Knockback Jinx can be rebounded to its caster by means of either the Disarming Charm or the Shield Charm... But the light was too close to think about it. She ducked, but she was too slow. The light hit her in the head and she was thrown backwards, hard. The spell had been more powerful than she had thought.

Then she was falling, as though in slow motion. Her arms flew up to her head and then she hit the ground. It was like she fell off her chair, but it hurt much more. She lay there, until she didn't feel herself falling anymore. But everywhere was aching. She could barely move her legs without them hurting. Slowly, she sat up and rubbed her head. She had hit that, too. Then she tried to make out everything that was in the corridor. Ryland was far. Her head was a bit dizzy. So she stood up, one hand holding onto the wall and starting walking towards him. She was close, but still far when she exclaimed, "Flipendo? Is that the best you can do? Even you'd know better than to underestimate me like that!" She had faced worse pain than this, she realized. In her opinion, the Knock-Back Jinx was for first-years; why not use the Cruciatus Curse if he hated her so much? Thinking about that made her let go of the wall and ignore the pain.

Her face held a kind of determination she had never had before. She needed a spell to hold Ryland off, yet not hurt him. No, don't hurt him. Don't even think about it, she thought to herself. She wouldn't bear to hurt him. At least, not again. What? He attacked you! Then, That's not him! But she didn't have time to think about it. "Stupefy!" she exclaimed, pointing her wand at Ryland's shadowy figure. Her hand was shaking now. A scarlet light flew out of her wand and disappeared into the darkness. A cloud must have passed over the moon, because there wasn't much light coming from the windows now. And the only light in the corridor had been put out. She couldn't see Ryland, she couldn't see if her spell worked or not. Her heart was beating fast- both with fear and worry. Slowly, she flicked her wand, drew it back, then flicked it again. "Lumos Maxima," Aylee breathed, and her wand produced a really bright light which almost blinded her for a second. Slowly, she drew her wand back then pointed it in Ryland's direction, at least, the direction where she last saw him. The ball of light flew off her wand and illuminated the corridor for a few minutes.
Back to top Go down
Ryland Malfoy
Adult
Ryland Malfoy

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Post-Party Reflections [Closed to Aylee]   Post-Party Reflections [Closed to Aylee] EmptyWed Nov 06, 2013 9:51 pm

"No, you're right." Ryland's smile turned wicked again. "I can do much better." He laughed at Aylee's pain, her holding on to the wall and the look on her helpless face. "But I can't kill you." He kept walking closer to her, aware that she would attack him at any time. His footsteps echoed slightly all around them; it was a kind of walking he had never done, a kind of feeling he had never felt. Ryland saw the determination on Aylee's face. She was ready to win, but should Ryland let her? No. That's not what he had to do. He had to drive the girl away. That was it.

He smiled at her once more, right before the red light from Aylee's wand appeared in front of him. "Protego!" He casted the shielding charm, a light blue, almost transparent barrier formed between his body and the light, sending it towards his left where it couldn't harm anyone. Just like before, Ryland conjured up the same birds he always did. Except they weren't the same. His usual calm and playful canaries were now black, silky ravens. The birds flew around him until he whispered "Oppugno", when the birds flew toward her, their wings spread wide and long. He had no chance to see if his crows had done their task as Aylee quickly lit up the hallway again, blinding him for a few seconds.

Once his eyesight came back, shortly after he discovered Aylee wasn't a shadow anymore, he locked his eyes on her, "You see, I'm better than you." He walked a bit closer, holding his wand tightly, eyes open to any form of attack from her. "You have books, lectures, and homework. I have power. I have will. I have the courage to do what other's wouldn't. You, on the other hand, hide away under your bed when you don't understand something." How he knew she did such things he had no idea, he did however have a feeling he was  hurting her.

Again, his words and thoughts didn't match. It was the internal battle in his mind again, the one that told him kill her now that he had the chance, and the other one that told him she was too innocent and pure to ever have to suffer through that. Ryland twitched a little as his real thoughts began to win.

Last edited by Ryland Marcotte Malfoy on Mon Nov 11, 2013 1:36 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Aylee Walters
Admin
Admin
Aylee Walters

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Post-Party Reflections [Closed to Aylee]   Post-Party Reflections [Closed to Aylee] EmptyThu Nov 07, 2013 5:53 am

"Why not kill me?" Aylee yelled, both confused and frustrated. "Why not kill me if you hate me so much? I've suffered worse pain than the effects of the stupid Knock-Back Jinx! A Death Eater used the Cruciatus Curse on me last year! I'm not scared of you! Go ahead! Give it your best shot!" She was blurting out things without thinking, and she didn't care- she accepted the fact that she would most probably die at any time. He's being controlled, he's being controlled, he's being controlled, she thought to herself as Ryland was walking towards her. If only she could run away and scream for help. But she was sure that she'd be killed before she could. It was just her now. In Muggle movies, this was supposed to be the part where she took a few steps back and looked afraid. Yet, she didn't. Her face was hard now, as she watched Ryland deflect her spell. She had expected that. She saw something moving in the dark, and the whisper of 'Oppungo'. Immediately, she raised her wand again as her Wand-Lighting Charm worked. A small flock of black birds were flying towards her. "Immobulis!" she exclaimed, and the birds froze. They fell to the ground.

As Ryland acted sensitive to the light, Aylee saw his eyes once again. They're grey, she thought. And then she missed those bright green eyes. Then she realized something. Being controlled, grey eyes. He's under the Imperius Curse! She blinked as Ryland looked at her. For a moment, she expected him to go back to normal. But he was insulting her, so she didn't think more about it. As Ryland mentioned her hiding under her bed, she felt a wave of nausea come over her. How did he know? But she needed to win the duel. Stay strong. Instead of bursting into tears, like she wanted so greatly to do, she glared back at him and realizing that any more attacks from her will definitely be deflected. "Yeah, sure, you have courage, you have will, you have power, whatever. Surely I'd believe that if you had the courage to kill me," she retorted. Well, she was definitely going to die. Ryland could cast the Killing Curse any moment now. No, she thought to herself. You're not going to die. And just as the determination was dying down, it burned up again.

That moment, Ryland twitched. He looked distracted. Now's your chance! It was like a voice that was guiding her, telling her that she will get out alive. Immediately, she remembered Ryland looking sensitive to the light. Slow him down! "Nox," she muttered and there was darkness again, her ball of light went out. This time, she didn't let the darkness bother her. "Lumos Maxima!" she uttered the spell once again, flicked her wand, drew it back, flicked it, pointed it at Ryland's face. Too many spells will distract him! He can't attack if he's disarmed! "Expelliarmus!" A jet of red light flew out of her wand and headed straight towards Ryland's wand. Trip him! "Murmuro!" Aylee exclaimed, pointing her wand at Ryland himself this time. Then she took a few steps towards Ryland, her face showing determination and anger, her wand pointed straight at him face. "I don't care if I like books and hiding under my bed, you cold-hearted git!" she shouted.
Back to top Go down
Ryland Malfoy
Adult
Ryland Malfoy

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Post-Party Reflections [Closed to Aylee]   Post-Party Reflections [Closed to Aylee] EmptySun Nov 10, 2013 5:55 am

"I can't!" Ryland shouted back, his voice loud and deeper than usual. He'd rarely yelled to others, but on the rare cases he did, it was almost scary to watch him. He wondered whether Aylee felt scared or not. In a twisted kind of way, he hoped she was. It would give him a newfound sense of authority, something he'd never had because Wade had always been there to overshadow him. Or maybe he'd let himself be overshadow. The first thought he could handle, as the blame wouldn't be his. But the second one burned him deep in his chest. "Why aren't you afraid!? Why aren't you running!?" Ryland shouted again, this time sending a green lighting towards her, one that he had never seen before. Because he was shaking on the inside, his thoughts racing each other, he missed and hit the window instead, shattering it to pieces.

It hit him only seconds after, that he had casted his first dark spell. The green light was unmistakable. There was no way to deny he had casted such a thing, such a curse, that he had attempted exactly what she had dared him to do. But that was completely wrong. He didn't hate Aylee! He didn't want her to die! He liked her! What's wrong with me? A thought surfaced to his eyes, confusing passing through them, revealing his green eyes for only a flash. Ryland shook his head only in the slightest bit. He could feel a part of him getting lost in between thoughts of Aylee and Wade's hate, in between thoughts of himself and what he had just done. This was really happening.

As soon as Aylee turned off her wand, Ryland's eyes grew bigger with power. He could win this if the lights were out. He could finish it and move on to where he had to. He could do it. Ryland held up his wand, ready to attack her once more, but a bright light suddenly made his eyes burn. Aylee was flicking her wand in front of him, and away from him, multiple times. With his eyesight being lost, Ryland couldn't do anything against her disarming charm. He felt his wand slip out of his hand, landing somewhere near him but unable to tell where it was. He was being attacked with too many spells in a short amount of time.

"Stop!" Ryland said as he felt himself trip back, catching his feet by a miracle. He summoned his wand almost as quickly as he recovered. At this moment, Ryland realized he wouldn't be able to take her down with words, he had to use force. His first instinct was to do the same he had done with Wade, but he couldn't. He couldn't bear to do something like that to her. There was the twitch again.
Ryland, with wand in hand, he glared back at Aylee, this time sending a purple light towards her. This time, he had no idea what he had just casted, but a part of him hoped he had missed.

Last edited by Ryland Marcotte Malfoy on Mon Nov 11, 2013 1:39 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Aylee Walters
Admin
Admin
Aylee Walters

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Post-Party Reflections [Closed to Aylee]   Post-Party Reflections [Closed to Aylee] EmptySun Nov 10, 2013 9:54 pm

For the first time, Aylee heard Ryland's shout. The tone was scary, and her eyes widened a bit with fear. But she realized that showing that she was scared would probably help Ryland find her weakness and she wasn't about to give him that satisfaction. No. Just as she was about to open her mouth to yell back at Ryland with the most insulting thing she could think of, a green light was coming towards her. She immediately knew what it was, and realized that Ryland hadn't been able to snap out of it. He had done exactly what she had told him to do. He was attempting to kill her. Her eyes widened again, and she looked at Ryland, her gaze softening for a moment and realizing that it was over.

Maybe Ryland had never liked her, maybe he really hated her. A tiny feeling rose up inside her, it was like guilt but it was even stronger. It saddened her, it made her feel the need to cry. But she couldn't tell what it was. Disappointment? But she pushed that thought away. She knew that nobody could deflect that spell, except for the rare case of Harry Potter being the Chosen One and all. Yet Aylee wasn't the Chosen One, so she waited for the green light to hit her.

It didn't.

It shattered a glass window to her right, and she jumped. Then she looked back at Ryland. He seemed troubled, as if confused. For a moment, Aylee thought that she saw Ryland's eyes green. She blinked, but they were grey again. She shook her head. Forget about it. That's not him, she thought. He tried to use the Killing Curse on you. He's gone. The strange feeling rose up inside her chest again, and she tried hard not to blink this time because she felt that tears were going to come out. She stood there as her Wand-Lighting Charm worked and watched Ryland fall down. He soon regained his wand, although she was happy that she managed to find his weakness- the light. But she couldn't keep turning the lights on and off, that would be... stupid, and predictable after a while.

She saw Ryland stand up again. This time, instead of running away, she took a step forward, her wand aimed at the Gryffindor. Her gaze hardened again, waiting for Ryland's next move. It was a flash of purple light. She didn't recognize it, so she didn't know if it was possible to deflect it or not. So Aylee ducked as quickly as she could and stepped a bit to the left. The purple light hit the wall behind her then disappeared. Then she pointed her wand at Ryland and muttered, "Stupefy!"
Back to top Go down
Ryland Malfoy
Adult
Ryland Malfoy

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Post-Party Reflections [Closed to Aylee]   Post-Party Reflections [Closed to Aylee] EmptyMon Nov 11, 2013 2:51 am

Ryland was becoming tired as Aylee kept throwing spells at him. His eyes were beginning to burn with such an intensity that he was losing his thoughts. His feelings ranged from anger to sadness, from disappointment to love. His mind was a rollercoaster. How could he feel so much and say so little? How could he stop this? He knew, deep inside him, that this wasn't him. But a part of him told him this was the new Ryland; the one that didn't care about anything. The soothing feeling from before had started once more, running through his veins like an elixir. Ryland's eyes rolled to the back, he was too confused and had no idea what he was doing now. Seeing his latest spell had missed, he sighed and contemplated the idea of simply giving up.

Don't! Show her what you can do!

Was that his voice? No, he was sure it wasn't. He'd heard it before though; it was a familiar tone, arrogant but scared. Was that...Wade? No. It was...Ryland looked down and quickly rubbed his eyes with the palm of his hands. He was losing it. His mind, that is. "Stop!" He shouted, not at Aylee but at the voice in the back of his head. It kept talking, telling him things he didn't want to hear. Do you think she won't like you if you do it? She wouldn't even like you now! It won't matter in the long run, Ryland. You can do things without people like her...your cousin was right. You can hide your filthy blood with his last name. You can do and achieve great things. "Stop. Please." Ryland wasn't even sure if his last words had been loud enough for anyone to hear him, but he knew that he had said them so quietly, so slowly. This time, he let whatever spell Aylee was using hit him.
Back to top Go down
Aylee Walters
Admin
Admin
Aylee Walters

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Post-Party Reflections [Closed to Aylee]   Post-Party Reflections [Closed to Aylee] EmptyTue Nov 12, 2013 7:08 pm

For once, Aylee stopped thinking of whatever spells to throw at Ryland. At his voice, she stopped and just stood there. It didn't seem like Ryland was going to deflect any of her spells anymore. He looked lost and confused. In fact, he looked as if he had given up.What the heck is he doing? Now she was confused. She raised her eyebrows in confusion. First he attacked her, now he's asking her to stop. Well... Okay, maybe he always hated you, bla bla bla, now he just wants to kill you, she thought to herself, trying to make it fit. But that makes no sense. What about being friends, the flowers? Maybe he was trying to get her off her guard so she'd have a shock or something. Or maybe, like my earlier theory, he's being controlled by the Imperius Curse or something similar.

And she just pushed her other feelings away, like she did with Sydney, because she might just do something stupid like cry. But even with Sydney, that didn't really turn out so well. That might explain why she yelled out, "Get out of it!" Oh, Aylee, why?
Back to top Go down
Ryland Malfoy
Adult
Ryland Malfoy

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Post-Party Reflections [Closed to Aylee]   Post-Party Reflections [Closed to Aylee] EmptyFri Nov 15, 2013 11:53 pm

Ryland's head was spinning, sending words and images all over him. Am I dreaming or is it real? No, it has to be real. But no dream would ever feel this way. The good feelings were back. He was, once again, walking on clouds. Placing a hand on his head, he tried to figure out why it seemed there was someone else beside him inside his head. A part of him was yelling and bossy, but the other, his real self, was confused and tired. It was as if he was battling his own darker self, a negative Ryland. Maybe I have a double personality disorder or something like it...he thought as his hand fell limply and he remained where he was, unmobile and dazed.

There was a loud voice in his head, a girl. "Get out of it!" Was he supposed to know what that meant? His eyes shone, a small hint of happiness in them, but beneath it lay confusion. He turned towards the voice, only to see a bright red light coming his way. It was then, in a split second, that the fire-red light hit him right in the stomach, a feeling of numbness spreading quickly through him and finally...nothing.
Back to top Go down
Aylee Walters
Admin
Admin
Aylee Walters

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Post-Party Reflections [Closed to Aylee]   Post-Party Reflections [Closed to Aylee] EmptySun Nov 17, 2013 7:47 pm

Her Stunning Spell worked, Ryland had been too distracted to notice the red jet of light that had just hit him. Aylee slowly lowered her wand as the boy fell unconscious. Without knowing what she was doing, she was cautiously walking towards him, stepping over the broken glass. Then she let out a small laugh. "A scare just in time for Halloween," she murmured softly to herself. Her footsteps were echoing softly in the corridor, yet her shoes were getting more uncomfortable by the moment. She watched the unconscious Ryland for a few moments, expecting him to wake up and start walking towards her like zombies do in Muggle horror movies. Then, nothing seemed to happen. Sure, she could wake him up but she couldn't remember the spell. There was too much confusion in her head, she could barely understand what was going on. But she remembered that the Stunning Spell should wear off sooner or later.

So Aylee sat down on the nearest windowsill and took off her shoes, where she could stare out the window and make sure that Ryland didn't attack her from behind her back, at the same time. She waved her wand slowly in her hand, watching multicoloured sparks come out as she leaned her head against the wall and sighed. Then she was trying to figure out what she was feeling. Aylee knew that Ryland liked her, and she was sure of it. But do I like him? she asked herself. She let her loose hair fall in front of her face, as she realized, that after all she'd been through- she did. It wasn't a feeling she could explain, really, she just knew that she did. Then she smiled weakly and looked at Ryland. She blinked, then turned back to the window where she had an amazing view of the Forbidden Forest. The forest she had dreaded so badly. But right then, at that moment, she felt amazing.

She had stood up to Sydney. She had won a duel. Then she softly laughed to herself again, remembering what Ryland had said about her hiding under her bed. Honestly, she didn't care what she did anymore. She realized that she didn't care about what anyone thought about her anymore. She smiled again, and then hugged her knees to her chest. Then she rested her head on her knees, and looked at Ryland.
Back to top Go down
Ryland Malfoy
Adult
Ryland Malfoy

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Post-Party Reflections [Closed to Aylee]   Post-Party Reflections [Closed to Aylee] EmptyMon Nov 18, 2013 1:52 am

If you're unconscious, you shouldn't feel anything, right? The anterior part of Ryland's head, towards his ear, began hurting. What. He didn't even feel strong enough to ask complex questions to himself. To make things worse, the feel-good images and thoughts in his brain were long gone, highlighting his physical pain. It seemed that his sense of touch came back first, letting him feel the floor on which he was lying. The surface of the ground, rough and cold, sent small shivers through his fingertips. Later he became aware of the way he was lying, with his feet spread apart but with his right leg curled upward. His left arm was stretched a bit towards his head, with his right one closer to his face; his chest touching the floor.

Had he been knocked out this badly? Next came his hearing, which allowed him to hear someone's breathing. It was soft and almost shallow, but he could hear the small breaths and, later on, he could hear his own. Ryland's breathing was almost too loud; it was a little deeper than usual, but still shallow. His sight came last; his eyes were closed, and he could tell by the dark canvas he was looking at. It was then that he was desperate to open them up and find whoever it was that was he was with him, or near him. As the senses came back, his pain increased. His head began to thump loudly on his ear, it almost burned.

It seemed that time was playing a terrible joke on him, making him wait for his strength to come back so he could freely move. So far, his eyelids had moved and allowed to see where he was, but he apparently wasn't facing the person in the same hallway. He let out a sight, wondering when everything necessary would come back. That, and he had an intense need to use the restroom. A few minutes, or seconds as his knowledge in time was completely messed with, he was able to move his right arm fully. Helping him stand up only a fraction but enough to be able to turn his head and find Aylee. What the-? His green eyes probably let his surprise show, but then he remembered the pain on the side of his head and flinched a bit.
Back to top Go down
Aylee Walters
Admin
Admin
Aylee Walters

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Post-Party Reflections [Closed to Aylee]   Post-Party Reflections [Closed to Aylee] EmptyMon Nov 18, 2013 9:03 pm

As soon as she heard a sigh, Aylee turned around her head till she could see Ryland moving. Quickly, she slipped on her shoes again and waited for Ryland to open his eyes. He did, and then he looked at her. This caused her to raise her wand as she was still unsure whether she was about to get attacked again or not. But Ryland didn't seem in any condition to attack her. Instead, he flinched. Aylee stood up, and slowly walked towards him. "I swear, if you try to kill me again, I'll make sure you never see the daylight," she said, her voice sounding a bit ruder than she had expected. She realized that she was glaring at him, and her expression immediately softened.

Then she sat down next to him and then tried to help him up. Another sign that she definitely wasn't about to be attacked- Ryland's eyes were green again. This made her belly explode with butterflies (not literally!) for some reason. She had expected to never see those eyes again, and at this she offered Ryland a weak smile. Her eyes weren't bright and happy like they used to be but they were full of worry. "Are you feeling alright?" she asked, setting down her wand next to her.
Back to top Go down
Ryland Malfoy
Adult
Ryland Malfoy

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Post-Party Reflections [Closed to Aylee]   Post-Party Reflections [Closed to Aylee] EmptyMon Nov 18, 2013 9:19 pm

Ryland didn't even have time to react when Aylee was already threatening him. What the-? He saw the way she glared at him, too harshly, and he frowned a little bit. Could it be possible that one day he didn't get knocked out or hurt for whatever reason? This was too much. He raised his index finger and pointed at his chest, "I tried to kill you? As if!" Though his voice had come back, it was weak and sour. As he saw her expression soften, he couldn't help a the smile forming, which didn't leave his face as she helped him up.

"My head is burning...and I feel a bit nauseous." He admitted, returning Aylee's smile. It took him a second to analyze his surroundings; the dimly lit hallway, the broken window and the fallen ieces of glass, the pain on the side of his and Aylee's worried look. "What did I do?" Ryland groaned, unsure of how he had ended up there and why Aylee was even next to him. Not that he minded, of course.
Back to top Go down
Aylee Walters
Admin
Admin
Aylee Walters

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Post-Party Reflections [Closed to Aylee]   Post-Party Reflections [Closed to Aylee] EmptyTue Nov 19, 2013 9:02 pm

Aylee felt a bit confused thought as soon as she saw Ryland's surprise. Okay, so he doesn't remember anything, she thought. "Well, what d'you remember?" she asked. But she didn't want for an answer because soon after she burst out, "After you punched Wade, you left the party and I followed you. And what basically happened, well, you acted all strange when you saw me, you insulted me and- and you attacked me. At one point, you fired the Killing Curse, but it missed and hit the window-" at this she pointed to the broken pieces of glass, to explain the mess. "Then I Stunned you and you fell unconscious." She talked a bit too fast, the same way she did a long time ago (she wondered how she remembered it) when the two were discussing their future plans about going to Hogsmeade with Auden. She shook her head at the thought.

Not wanting to seem a bit rude, she found herself adding, "D'you feel alright? Do you think you need to go to the Hospital Wing?"
Back to top Go down
Ryland Malfoy
Adult
Ryland Malfoy

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Post-Party Reflections [Closed to Aylee]   Post-Party Reflections [Closed to Aylee] EmptyFri Nov 22, 2013 2:49 am

Little by little, the strength of his voice came back. It felt great to be able to fully speak again, and to move! He was about to say the he remembered attending Wade's Halloween Party, punching him and leaving to take a shower but he soon realized he had not yet done the last of his tasks as he was still wearing his party clothes. Either way, Aylee didn't give him time to answer as she began to explain everything. So I did punch Wade. At the tought of people seeing him do so, he blushed with embarrassment and shame. He watched Aylee as she explained all the terrible things he had done, and his heart broke when she informed him he had even attempted to kill her. Actually kill her.

Dear lord! What have I done? He thought, his muggle beliefs about sinning and the afterlife coming back to him and making him hate his magical abilities. He glanced at the broken glass around them, not being able to look at Aylee anymore. Had it really come down to him losing his self control? "I'm sorry." he muttered, knowing that a simple apology wouldn't take away the damage he'd caused. He had even insulted her! Not one time, not one time, had it crossed his mind to bring up any of her faults, mainly because he didn't exactly see any of them. He sat up correctly, all his needs about using a restroom long forgotten due to shock, and looked the other way; avoiding Aylee's gaze completely. She must hate me now.

"Yeah." he lied in reply to her last question. "I feel fine." He wanted to go see the kind, grandmotherly nurse, but he didn't think it would be a good idea to explain to her what he'd done. And most likely he'd end up crying in front of her which was something he also didn't feel like doing. Ryland waited a few minutes before fully standing up and found the courage to look at Aylee directly, yet so afraid of what he would find.
Back to top Go down
Aylee Walters
Admin
Admin
Aylee Walters

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Post-Party Reflections [Closed to Aylee]   Post-Party Reflections [Closed to Aylee] EmptySat Nov 23, 2013 9:22 pm

As she was explaining, Aylee saw Ryland's face break down. "It's okay!" she replied immediately to his apology.  She was trying to be like her brother and be optimist. And not let the situation get to her. Problem was, it already did. Yet she didn't show it, and tried to keep her encouraging smile on as she said, "You didn't know what you were doing. It's all right." But it seemed that they both knew that everything was not all right. Even for Aylee, that night had been a shock and she wasn't exactly eager to think about the fact that she had nearly died. Once again.

At Ryland's reply to her question, she let out a loud snort and her face turned to a frown. "No," Aylee said, a bit rudely when he looked at her again. Then she smiled weakly, shook her head and said, "Don't lie. We both know that you don't feel fine. It's pointless." Then she rubbed her eyes. The effects of no sleep were now getting to her. Maybe they should both just go to their towers and go to sleep. But then, something was nagging her, keeping her awake. Curiosity, maybe.

"Are you sure you don't remember anything?" Aylee asked suddenly, frowning. Her mind went back to her previous theory. If Ryland's face looked that broken down when he learned of what he'd done- it was obvious that he'd never attack her. Then, would she be right, would Ryland have just been controlled to do things against his will? She sat up straight, her eyes no longer sleepy.
Back to top Go down
Ryland Malfoy
Adult
Ryland Malfoy

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Post-Party Reflections [Closed to Aylee]   Post-Party Reflections [Closed to Aylee] EmptyThu Nov 28, 2013 6:44 am

"It's not okay, though!" Ryland exclaimed, feeling angry at himself for losing control. Doing it with Wade was one thing; he was family and he'd be easily forgiven no matter what what happened between them, but to do so with Aylee... "I tried to kill you!" It was a whisper, a loud one, but he didn't know what he was doing. He was trying to figure out why he would even do such a thing to her, why he would even provoke her to get himself knocked unconsious. However, seeing Aylee's optimistic smile, he returned her gesture and allowed himself to see the brighter side of the situation...the problem was, though, that he couldn't find one.

This time Ryland let out a soft smile. Seeing Aylee's many moods with just one look was always one of his favorite things about her. The girl had one of the most expressing faces he'd seen so far. "Yeah, well, I do need to use the lavatories..." he admitted shyly, looking at his own messed up clothing. Then, he looked at Aylee, "I remember the party, and Wade saying..." he contemplated telling her, but he couldn't. "I remember punching him and leaving to try and take a shower and just clear my head...but that obviously didn't happen." He gestured to their surroundings.
Back to top Go down
Aylee Walters
Admin
Admin
Aylee Walters

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Post-Party Reflections [Closed to Aylee]   Post-Party Reflections [Closed to Aylee] EmptyFri Nov 29, 2013 6:52 am

"You didn't know what you were doing!" Aylee argued. Then, when Ryland spoke again, she couldn't help but ask, "And you weren't drunk, were you?" Although she was sure that students weren't allowed to slip in Firewhisky for parties, she just wanted to be sure. She scratched her forehead, and looked around. Firewhisky didn't make your eyes grey, did it? It was obvious that Ryland had no idea what he was doing. Like before, her theory was that he was controlled. Which brought her back to her thoughts... "I think..." she muttered. "I think you've been under the Imperius Curse." It all fit, didn't it? Ryland was controlled to do things against his will. The Imperius Curse was the only spell Aylee knew that could do such a thing.
Back to top Go down
Ryland Malfoy
Adult
Ryland Malfoy

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Post-Party Reflections [Closed to Aylee]   Post-Party Reflections [Closed to Aylee] EmptySat Nov 30, 2013 3:32 am

Ryland almost died of laughter, though he couldn't laugh very well so he it came out as a loud snort. "No!" He shook his head, "I don't drink!" Why in the world would Aylee even think about that? He's fourteen, there's really nothing he can drink besides juices and milk. Ryland looked down and tried to stand up completely, using his arms to balance himself in case he needed it.

He heard Aylee's last theory, suddenly whishing it hadn't been her that had found him. What if it was true? It would explain what he was feeling....the happiness followed by the neverending confusion. Not to mention the voices in his head. He turned to Aylee and asked, "Does it make you feel happy? The curse?"
Back to top Go down
Aylee Walters
Admin
Admin
Aylee Walters

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Post-Party Reflections [Closed to Aylee]   Post-Party Reflections [Closed to Aylee] EmptySat Nov 30, 2013 11:41 am

At Ryland's snort, Aylee let out a laugh. "Just checking!" she exclaimed, grinning. Then, as Ryland tried standing up by himself, she did the same just in case he was about to fall or something. She bit her lip as Ryland asked her a question about the curse. That moment, she was trying to remember more about it. She had read about it a long time ago, but she had never bothered to read about it again as she thought she'd never need to use it. There were a few moments of silence. "I think so," Aylee said after a few moments. Then she remembered what she already knew about the curse. "It's one of the Unforgivable Curses..." she murmured, then turned to look at Ryland. "It's illegal. That's why it's unforgivable. It's illegal." Of course, she was obviously stating the obvious. This was one of the situations where Aylee'd freeze and not know what her next actions would be.
Back to top Go down
Ryland Malfoy
Adult
Ryland Malfoy

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Post-Party Reflections [Closed to Aylee]   Post-Party Reflections [Closed to Aylee] EmptySat Nov 30, 2013 10:10 pm

"I know it's illegal." Ryland tilted his head to the side a little, wondering why she was stating the obvious. She was smarter than that. "Do you think maybe we should...tell someone?" he lowered his voice. There wasn't someone in specific he could tell, or wished to tell, but the question that bothered him the most was: Why would someone in school use the curse on him?

"Do you think, that if our theory is real, someone from the school did it? Or is it possible to curse someone from a distance?" he asked her, glancing towards the end of the hallway, were some students were beginning to appear, probably already leaving the Wade's party.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Post-Party Reflections [Closed to Aylee]   Post-Party Reflections [Closed to Aylee] Empty

Back to top Go down

Post-Party Reflections [Closed to Aylee]
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next