Live the Magic!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
The Admins
Fast Links
Current time
SPRING
Year: 2034
Term: 13
Month: March

Term 13 until TBA
House Points
Chat Box
Vote For Us
Affiliates
Photobucket Shadowplay HOS The Beginning Magical World of Harry Potter THE GIRL IS DANGEROUS Hogwarts Academy

Click here to affiliate!
Latest topics
» Chances (Ariel)
Term 5: Homework 1: Year 2 EmptySat May 28, 2016 11:34 pm by Ariel Wilde

» HUGE REALLY VERY IMPORTANT UPDATE - PLEASE READ
Term 5: Homework 1: Year 2 EmptySat May 21, 2016 11:40 pm by Hunter VanDerberg

» Sunny Afternoon (Open to Anyone)
Term 5: Homework 1: Year 2 EmptyFri May 20, 2016 6:58 am by Marielle Prince

» An Unfortunate Accident (Open)
Term 5: Homework 1: Year 2 EmptyMon May 16, 2016 2:41 am by Marielle Prince

» Marielle Aveline Prince
Term 5: Homework 1: Year 2 EmptySun May 15, 2016 8:57 pm by Sky

» Claim a Face
Term 5: Homework 1: Year 2 EmptySun May 15, 2016 8:08 am by Marielle Prince

» AFFILIATE HERE
Term 5: Homework 1: Year 2 EmptyMon May 09, 2016 2:42 am by Ariadne O'Rieley

» My charries need something fot their life (a plots)
Term 5: Homework 1: Year 2 EmptyWed May 04, 2016 8:10 am by Jessica Kim

» The Gif Game 2.0
Term 5: Homework 1: Year 2 EmptyTue May 03, 2016 7:39 am by Humphrey Williams

» A Dying Trade (one of JETTS characters)
Term 5: Homework 1: Year 2 EmptyMon May 02, 2016 12:25 am by Augustus Beckett

» Wild Child [Ariadne]
Term 5: Homework 1: Year 2 EmptySun May 01, 2016 6:01 am by Ariadne O'Rieley

» History Of Magic Application
Term 5: Homework 1: Year 2 EmptyFri Apr 22, 2016 9:41 pm by Morgana Gaunt

» Semi - Activity Check!
Term 5: Homework 1: Year 2 EmptyFri Apr 22, 2016 11:56 am by Hunter VanDerberg

» EVELYN'S "DRAWINGS"
Term 5: Homework 1: Year 2 EmptySun Apr 17, 2016 10:30 pm by Morgana Gaunt

» I Won't Say I'm In Love (closed-one shot)
Term 5: Homework 1: Year 2 EmptySun Apr 17, 2016 5:18 pm by Miranda Cunningham

Term 5: Homework 1: Year 2

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Term 5: Homework 1: Year 2 Empty
PostSubject: Term 5: Homework 1: Year 2   Term 5: Homework 1: Year 2 EmptySat Sep 21, 2013 10:20 pm

To all second years,

Your homework was to write an essay on what you have learned last lesson about the Freezing Charm. Only three students handed in their homework- late homework will earn less points.

In this thread I'll post the homework you have given me and number of points it has earned.

~ Prof Fenech
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Term 5: Homework 1: Year 2   Term 5: Homework 1: Year 2 EmptySat Sep 21, 2013 10:28 pm

Evan Williams wrote:
Evan Williams
2nd year
Ravenclaw

Freezing charm is a spell that is used for immobilizing targets. Its incantation, "Immobulus", clearly gives the idea what is this spell for.  Freezing charm can effectively immobilize several nearby targets, if the caster is lucky and skilled enough. However, I couldn't find any mentions of this spell in any dueling guide or battle chapters of history books, so I think it's just not used usually in fights, probably due to the existence of more suitable spells for this task. I also doubt that this spell can affect big creatures. Although it can be really useful for catching small creatures that can move very fast, because the spell doesn't need to hit the target directly, it just need to be cast at a nearby area.

Exceeds Expectations
13 points earned

Kynan Walters wrote:
Kynan Walters
Gryffindor
2nd Year

The Freezing Charm is a spell which can immobilise living targets. The incantation is Immobulus, derived from the Latin word 'immobilis' meaning "immobile, unmoving". This spell can be used in many situations, not usually in duelling, but it's sometimes also handy in disabling Muggle burglar alarms. It can also be used on creatures- my sister's told me that she had once used the spell on Peeves the poltergeist. I think that the Freezing Charm's counter-charm might be Finite Incantantem, although I am not sure.

Acceptable
10 points earned

Maya Winchester wrote:
Maya Winchester. 2nd Year, Slytherin.

The Freezing Charm is a charm used to stop an object from moving. Whether that object is a creature or something stationary and lifeless it has the same effect as this spell can be used not only on living things, but on objects as well. As Professor Horace Slughorn was quoted saying  "...It’s quite easy once you know how, one simple Freezing Charm on these absurd burglar alarms they use instead of Sneakoscopes and make sure the neighbours don’t spot you bringing in the piano". It's main use is to render moving targets immobile for a time, but it also has other uses. Such as; disabling muggle burglar alarms, rendering magical objects immovable for a time and freezing magical creatures, even under water and if someone is very accomplished at it they can freeze a whole room full of magical creatures. An example of this is when Hermoine Granger pulled off freezing a room full of pixies in her second year at Hogwarts school of witchcraft and wizardry. The incantation for the Freezing Charm is Immobulus. It is derived from Latin, like most spell incantations, and means immobile or unmoving. When the charm is cast successfully the spell appears in the form of a blue colour and is required to hit a target to stop it from moving. The hand movement is difficult to accomplish as it is very specific. Here is a diagram of the required wand movement for the spell to work. This charm cannot be used in a duel.

Outstanding
15 points earned
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Term 5: Homework 1: Year 2   Term 5: Homework 1: Year 2 EmptyTue Sep 24, 2013 6:35 pm

Deirdre Seamore wrote:
Deirdre Seamore
2nd year
Hufflepuff

The Freezing Charm is a spell used to stop targets from moving. Its 'incantation Immobolus comes from Latin, like nearly all of the other charms', and suggests that a subject hit with this spell becomes immobile, frozen. It can be used in several different ways. Despite what some /people/ think, the Freezing charm can be, indeed, used on both creatures and objects, though I'm not actually sure why on the last ones, seeing as most of them are already still. Muggle burglar alarms can be deactivated with it, as well. What it takes to accomplish this spell is simply to pronounce its 'incantation, Immobolus, and wave the wand in a particular form, that looks like the shape of a mountain. If done right, I suppose the right thing to happen is a blue light coming out and hitting your desired object. I am not sure of a duration of the Freezing Charm's effect on the target.
Exceeds Expectations
14 points earned
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Term 5: Homework 1: Year 2   Term 5: Homework 1: Year 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Term 5: Homework 1: Year 2
Page 1 of 1