Live the Magic!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
The Admins
Fast Links
Current time
SPRING
Year: 2034
Term: 13
Month: March

Term 13 until TBA
House Points
Chat Box
Vote For Us
Affiliates
Photobucket Shadowplay HOS The Beginning Magical World of Harry Potter THE GIRL IS DANGEROUS Hogwarts Academy

Click here to affiliate!
Latest topics
» Chances (Ariel)
Term 5, Year 5, Lesson 1 EmptySat May 28, 2016 11:34 pm by Ariel Wilde

» HUGE REALLY VERY IMPORTANT UPDATE - PLEASE READ
Term 5, Year 5, Lesson 1 EmptySat May 21, 2016 11:40 pm by Hunter VanDerberg

» Sunny Afternoon (Open to Anyone)
Term 5, Year 5, Lesson 1 EmptyFri May 20, 2016 6:58 am by Marielle Prince

» An Unfortunate Accident (Open)
Term 5, Year 5, Lesson 1 EmptyMon May 16, 2016 2:41 am by Marielle Prince

» Marielle Aveline Prince
Term 5, Year 5, Lesson 1 EmptySun May 15, 2016 8:57 pm by Sky

» Claim a Face
Term 5, Year 5, Lesson 1 EmptySun May 15, 2016 8:08 am by Marielle Prince

» AFFILIATE HERE
Term 5, Year 5, Lesson 1 EmptyMon May 09, 2016 2:42 am by Ariadne O'Rieley

» My charries need something fot their life (a plots)
Term 5, Year 5, Lesson 1 EmptyWed May 04, 2016 8:10 am by Jessica Kim

» The Gif Game 2.0
Term 5, Year 5, Lesson 1 EmptyTue May 03, 2016 7:39 am by Humphrey Williams

» A Dying Trade (one of JETTS characters)
Term 5, Year 5, Lesson 1 EmptyMon May 02, 2016 12:25 am by Augustus Beckett

» Wild Child [Ariadne]
Term 5, Year 5, Lesson 1 EmptySun May 01, 2016 6:01 am by Ariadne O'Rieley

» History Of Magic Application
Term 5, Year 5, Lesson 1 EmptyFri Apr 22, 2016 9:41 pm by Morgana Gaunt

» Semi - Activity Check!
Term 5, Year 5, Lesson 1 EmptyFri Apr 22, 2016 11:56 am by Hunter VanDerberg

» EVELYN'S "DRAWINGS"
Term 5, Year 5, Lesson 1 EmptySun Apr 17, 2016 10:30 pm by Morgana Gaunt

» I Won't Say I'm In Love (closed-one shot)
Term 5, Year 5, Lesson 1 EmptySun Apr 17, 2016 5:18 pm by Miranda Cunningham

Term 5, Year 5, Lesson 1

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Lucia Henley

Lucia Henley

My Character
::
Activity: Adult, Potions Professor

Term 5, Year 5, Lesson 1 Empty
PostSubject: Term 5, Year 5, Lesson 1   Term 5, Year 5, Lesson 1 EmptyTue Sep 10, 2013 10:39 pm

Lucia walked into the storage room of the dungeons and looked around, finding the necessary ingredients to the potion the fifth years would make today. She smiled, waved her wand and maneuvered the ingredients onto her desk. She sat down behind the desk, waving her wand again, but this time at the blackboard which quickly wrote down her name and the name of the class, as well as the potion they would make.

Blackboard:

She leaned back in her chair, waiting for the students to assemble in a soft silence, very patiently.
Back to top Go down
Wade Malfoy
Admin
Admin
Wade Malfoy

My Character
Activity: Dark Wizard

PostSubject: Re: Term 5, Year 5, Lesson 1   Term 5, Year 5, Lesson 1 EmptyWed Sep 18, 2013 12:36 am

Wade walked through the Dungeons into his potions classroom feeling somewhat tired. He'd had a rough night, but he was at least making an effort to not let people realize that. "Hello professor." he greeted the woman, though he was certain he'd never met her before.
Back to top Go down
Lucia Henley

Lucia Henley

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Term 5, Year 5, Lesson 1   Term 5, Year 5, Lesson 1 EmptyMon Sep 23, 2013 12:44 am

Lucia smiled as a Slytherin fifth year greeted her. "Welcome. You must be Mr. Malfoy, am I right?" She asked. She had been studying the names, using an effective spell to make it easier to remember them all the night before the lessons started. She knew there was two more people signed up for this class, but she decided not to wait. After all, the next one would be either another Malfoy or a Fontayne-Vega.

She turned and walked behind her desk. "So, my name is Lucia Henley and I am going to be your professor for Potions. I was previously the professor of Herbology, but I am here now," she said, a big smile on her face. She was so happy to have gotten to become a professor in this subject.

"Now, to start off the lesson, what do you know about this potion, Mr. Malfoy?" She asked softly, pointing to the board.

OOC:
Back to top Go down
Lucy Malfoy
Adult
Lucy Malfoy

My Character
Activity: Slytherin Alumni, Auror, Flying Professor

PostSubject: Re: Term 5, Year 5, Lesson 1   Term 5, Year 5, Lesson 1 EmptyThu Sep 26, 2013 3:44 am

Lucy rushed in and took a seat. She had barely been able to hear the Professor's answer and she suddenly felt the urge to answer. Glancing back at Wade, she decided to give him time to gain points and whatnot.
Back to top Go down
Wade Malfoy
Admin
Admin
Wade Malfoy

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Term 5, Year 5, Lesson 1   Term 5, Year 5, Lesson 1 EmptyThu Sep 26, 2013 4:45 pm

"Yes, that's me." he grinned, happy to hear the phraseMr. Malfoy After that, he thought about his answer for a few seconds until Lucy walked into the room. He felt the urge to talk to her, and felt relieved when she turned back to look at him.

"The Draught of Peace relieves anxiety and two of it's ingredients are moonstone and powdered unicorn...horn." He said once he returned to his last thoughts. He was pretty certain he was right since Phoenix had made them study over the summer.

Back to top Go down
Lucia Henley

Lucia Henley

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Term 5, Year 5, Lesson 1   Term 5, Year 5, Lesson 1 EmptyWed Oct 02, 2013 11:35 pm

Lucia looked to the door when Ms. Malfoy entered the room. She gave the girl a smile, even though she hoped the lateness wouldn't be routine. However, she didn't want to start off with point deductions either. So she turned her attention to Mr. Malfoy as he replied. She gave a nod.

"Very true, two of the ingredients are powdered unicorn horn and powdered moonstone. In addition, there are two more ingredients, namely syrup of hellebore and powdered porcupine quills. Five points to Slytherin for correct answer," Lucia announced.

"Now, this potion is very advanced and must be made with the most precise handwork. Everything has to follow the instructions to the dot. The most terrible side effect of this potion is that it can put a person to a deep sleep. A sleep so deep, you may not wake up from it. Due to this, you will not be allowed to drink the potion you make. However, I have a pre-taste of it made for you, so at the end of the lesson, you will both be handed a mouthful of the potion to see what it does to the mind. The effect won't last for long, I'm afraid to say. Therefore, it is up to you whether you will take it at the end of the lesson, or wait to take it on a day you feel especially stressed out, or before going to bed," Lucia explained.

"And then, to the brewing part. Flip your books to page 263, and read through the instructions first before coming up here and picking up the right ingredients," she said.

Page 263:

"All right. Now, come up here and get the ingredients, and you may start to brew," Lucia announced, ready and prepared for any disasters, but always hoping for the best.
Back to top Go down
Wade Malfoy
Admin
Admin
Wade Malfoy

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Term 5, Year 5, Lesson 1   Term 5, Year 5, Lesson 1 EmptySat Oct 26, 2013 7:02 pm

Wade quickly scanned the book's instructions. It seemed moderately easy for someone to try it, but the key was to make it work. Glancing from his book up to the cabinets, he went to gather the necessary ingredients.

He opened a few cabinets and quickly found them, though scattered around in different places. Carrying them back, he picked up a cauldron and began to follow his book's instructions. He added the powdered moonstone and waited for the liquid to turn green, though it turned out to be a rather pale green. Finally, since it wasn't getting any darker, he stirred it until it turned into a royal blue.

Soon after, he added more moonstone until the potion became purple, thought it looked more indigo than real purple to him. Shrugging, he figured he might as well get the potion done so he simply let it turn pink.

Back to top Go down
Lucy Malfoy
Adult
Lucy Malfoy

My Character
Activity: Slytherin Alumni, Auror, Flying Professor

PostSubject: Re: Term 5, Year 5, Lesson 1   Term 5, Year 5, Lesson 1 EmptyFri Nov 01, 2013 3:20 am

Lucy quickly headed to the cupboards to gather her ingredients. She looked everywhere to find the powdered moonstone, the syrup of Hellebore, the powdered porcupine quills and the powdered unicorn horn. She headed back to her seat, straightened her robe, and began her potion.

She added the powdered moonstone to the water until it began turning a beautiful green. Were blue not her favorite color, this shade might be her first choice. Stirring it until blue, Lucy smiled excitedly and allowed it to turn into pink this time. While it did, Lucy looked around and found that only Wade had arrived. She found it odd considering she had seen Ella around a few days ago.
Adding the syrup of Hellebore, she admired the potion as it turned turquoise, one of her favorite shades! Since she wasn't supposed to stir, she waited in awe as it turned purple. This was definitely Lucy's favorite part, watching it change colors.

She sneaked a glance at Wade's work; it was a dark shade of purple. Too dark, Lucy thought. "You're doing it wrong." she said to him. "You added too much moonstone." she said as she took his cauldron and stirred a little bit. "Yeah, that's too much. Do you want to fix it?" Though it had been a while since they spoke, she missed her cousin.
Back to top Go down
Lucia Henley

Lucia Henley

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Term 5, Year 5, Lesson 1   Term 5, Year 5, Lesson 1 EmptyFri Nov 08, 2013 11:27 pm

Lucia rose from her desk and smiled. "Time's up!" she said and she started walking to see into the potions. Her two students seemed to be helping each other, which was a good thing, but not what Lucia had told them to do. She didn't comment this time, though. It was good that they could rely on one another.

She walked to Ms. Malfoy first and gave a smile. "The potion seems very well made, Ms. Malfoy. The color is perfect to the stage you're on. It's a pity it didn't finish completely, though. Ten points for your precision," she said with a smile.

She then turned to Mr. Malfoy, who seemed to have added a bit too much moonstone. "It's very well done, Mr. Malfoy, ever though you've made a few faulty steps. But no matter. You'll receive five points for this potion, and I see a clear potential. Now, class dismissed, and have a nice summer break!" she said happily, walking back up to her desk.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Term 5, Year 5, Lesson 1   Term 5, Year 5, Lesson 1 Empty

Back to top Go down

Term 5, Year 5, Lesson 1
Page 1 of 1