Live the Magic!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
The Admins
Fast Links
Current time
SPRING
Year: 2034
Term: 13
Month: March

Term 13 until TBA
House Points
Chat Box
Vote For Us
Affiliates
Photobucket Shadowplay HOS The Beginning Magical World of Harry Potter THE GIRL IS DANGEROUS Hogwarts Academy

Click here to affiliate!
Latest topics
» Chances (Ariel)
Term 6, Lesson 1, Year 4 EmptySat May 28, 2016 11:34 pm by Ariel Wilde

» HUGE REALLY VERY IMPORTANT UPDATE - PLEASE READ
Term 6, Lesson 1, Year 4 EmptySat May 21, 2016 11:40 pm by Hunter VanDerberg

» Sunny Afternoon (Open to Anyone)
Term 6, Lesson 1, Year 4 EmptyFri May 20, 2016 6:58 am by Marielle Prince

» An Unfortunate Accident (Open)
Term 6, Lesson 1, Year 4 EmptyMon May 16, 2016 2:41 am by Marielle Prince

» Marielle Aveline Prince
Term 6, Lesson 1, Year 4 EmptySun May 15, 2016 8:57 pm by Sky

» Claim a Face
Term 6, Lesson 1, Year 4 EmptySun May 15, 2016 8:08 am by Marielle Prince

» AFFILIATE HERE
Term 6, Lesson 1, Year 4 EmptyMon May 09, 2016 2:42 am by Ariadne O'Rieley

» My charries need something fot their life (a plots)
Term 6, Lesson 1, Year 4 EmptyWed May 04, 2016 8:10 am by Jessica Kim

» The Gif Game 2.0
Term 6, Lesson 1, Year 4 EmptyTue May 03, 2016 7:39 am by Humphrey Williams

» A Dying Trade (one of JETTS characters)
Term 6, Lesson 1, Year 4 EmptyMon May 02, 2016 12:25 am by Augustus Beckett

» Wild Child [Ariadne]
Term 6, Lesson 1, Year 4 EmptySun May 01, 2016 6:01 am by Ariadne O'Rieley

» History Of Magic Application
Term 6, Lesson 1, Year 4 EmptyFri Apr 22, 2016 9:41 pm by Morgana Gaunt

» Semi - Activity Check!
Term 6, Lesson 1, Year 4 EmptyFri Apr 22, 2016 11:56 am by Hunter VanDerberg

» EVELYN'S "DRAWINGS"
Term 6, Lesson 1, Year 4 EmptySun Apr 17, 2016 10:30 pm by Morgana Gaunt

» I Won't Say I'm In Love (closed-one shot)
Term 6, Lesson 1, Year 4 EmptySun Apr 17, 2016 5:18 pm by Miranda Cunningham

Term 6, Lesson 1, Year 4

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Lucia Henley

Lucia Henley

My Character
::
Activity: Adult, Potions Professor

Term 6, Lesson 1, Year 4 Empty
PostSubject: Term 6, Lesson 1, Year 4   Term 6, Lesson 1, Year 4 EmptySat Nov 23, 2013 1:42 pm

Lucia walked into the classroom, ready to start off a new year. Her second year as a teacher of Potions. She really loved this job, as much had been proven last year with her students. Now she would be teaching the fourth years their first potion of the term. She walked to her desk and looked into the drawer, finding her schedule and nodded, remembering what this lesson would be about as she saw the name of their potion. She waved her wand and a word appeared on the blackboard.

Blackboard:

This was going to be an advanced potion to be making, and she hoped her class was going to be up for it. But they had proven to be really careful, her students in this year, so she had to give them a challenge she knew they'd like. She walked to the cabinets to see if the necessary ingredients were in place and then returned to her desk, waiting for her students to arrive.
Back to top Go down
Morgana Gaunt
Admin
Admin
Morgana Gaunt

My Character
Activity: Junior Undersecretary to the Minister of Magic

PostSubject: Re: Term 6, Lesson 1, Year 4   Term 6, Lesson 1, Year 4 EmptySat Nov 23, 2013 1:47 pm

Morgana walked from her common room and towards the place that was her now being class. Namely Potions. She was briefly wondering what they would be making today, before she shrugged, not giving a damn as she would find out rather quickly. She walked into the glum classroom with the smell of a potions room. She smiled a little to herself as she sat down on the desk she usually sat on, giving a nod of greeting to professor Henley and then looking at the blackboard.

Skelegro... she thought to herself, a bit pleased. This was a tricky potion indeed, and she couldn't wait to get started with it. Her face was unreadable by that point, and she leaned back in her chair, waiting for the lesson to commence.
Back to top Go down
Lucia Henley

Lucia Henley

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Term 6, Lesson 1, Year 4   Term 6, Lesson 1, Year 4 EmptySun Dec 01, 2013 10:53 pm

Lucia looked up as miss Gaunt walked into the classroom. She seemed to be looking rather comfortable as she entered the room, something Lucia was glad to see; she had been wondering briefly if miss Gaunt might not like anything at all and, truth be told, Lucia was slightly worried about the girl's behavior. Maybe she ought to say something to a professor that knew her well, or maybe the headmaster? She let it go now, but made a mental memo to remember and think of it now.

"Welcome," she said as the clock struck, "To our first potions lesson of the year. As you can see, we're going to make a potion called 'skelegro'. Do you know what kind of potion it is, and what it does?" she asked Morgana, the girl being the only one there at the moment.
Back to top Go down
Morgana Gaunt
Admin
Admin
Morgana Gaunt

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Term 6, Lesson 1, Year 4   Term 6, Lesson 1, Year 4 EmptyWed Dec 04, 2013 5:44 pm

Morgana frowned lightly. What kind and what it does, wasn't that the same thing? Or was it like it was with spells? Some are charms, some are jinxes, some are curses? In that case, this could only be one thing. "It's a healing potion, professor, and it regrows bones," she said calmly, very sure of herself. She wasn't wrong when it came to potions. It actually didn't happen.
Back to top Go down
Lucia Henley

Lucia Henley

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Term 6, Lesson 1, Year 4   Term 6, Lesson 1, Year 4 EmptySat Dec 21, 2013 11:41 am

Lucia gave a nod. "Quite right, ms. Gaunt, five points to Slytherin. It is indeed a healing potion used to regrow bones. It has a rather bitter taste and a nasty painful effect, but when the process is done, you will be without any damages whatsoever. We will be brewing this potion today, but it is impossible to finish it in only this class. Therefore, it will be a project and homework for the next lesson. I expect you to be done with one third of the potion this class, and to be done with all of it by next class," she said and waved her wand. The process and ingredients of the potion appeared on the blackboard.

Skele-Gro:

Lucia smiled at the class. "As you can see, it is a pretty extensive potion, so you should probably just get to work," she said softly.
Back to top Go down
Morgana Gaunt
Admin
Admin
Morgana Gaunt

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Term 6, Lesson 1, Year 4   Term 6, Lesson 1, Year 4 EmptyFri Dec 27, 2013 10:02 pm

Morgana got to work quickly and did everything just the way it stood. The brew was rather easy to make, actually, despite the effort in it and how long it would take to make it. She was a bit tired when she got to the stirring 19 times and the scarab beetles were a save as she got a break for five minutes. It was a harsh potion, but not a difficult one. The ingredients were so usual. The Chinese Chomping Cabbage was easily cut and put into, and she instantly turned the degree dost to 60.

She looked at her watch and timed an hour on it, and then looked up at the professor. "I'm done," she said softly, waiting for professor Henley to judge it and tell her if it was waste - which she was pretty sure it was not - or a very good job done - which she was pretty sure it was.
Back to top Go down
Lucia Henley

Lucia Henley

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Term 6, Lesson 1, Year 4   Term 6, Lesson 1, Year 4 EmptySun Dec 29, 2013 4:48 pm

Lucia walked over to ms. Gaunt's potion when the girl said she was done. Lucia looked into the cauldron and gave a smile. "This is very well done, ms. Gaunt. I daresay you have a knack for potions," she said. Ms. Gaunt really had done everything perfectly, and Lucia could find nothing to say anything against. "15 points for Slytherin," she said, the girl having deserved every point.

"Now, the class is dismissed, but I expect you to take care of this potion. It will be ruined if it stays on longer than 67 minutes," she added and then turned and walked back to her desk. "I'll be looking forward to seeing the result," she said as she packed together her things.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Term 6, Lesson 1, Year 4   Term 6, Lesson 1, Year 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Term 6, Lesson 1, Year 4
Page 1 of 1