Live the Magic!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
The Admins
Fast Links
Current time
SPRING
Year: 2034
Term: 13
Month: March

Term 13 until TBA
House Points
Chat Box
Vote For Us
Affiliates
Photobucket Shadowplay HOS The Beginning Magical World of Harry Potter THE GIRL IS DANGEROUS Hogwarts Academy

Click here to affiliate!
Latest topics
» Chances (Ariel)
The Lord of the Rings Discussion [BEWARE OF SPOILERS] - Page 2 EmptySat May 28, 2016 11:34 pm by Ariel Wilde

» HUGE REALLY VERY IMPORTANT UPDATE - PLEASE READ
The Lord of the Rings Discussion [BEWARE OF SPOILERS] - Page 2 EmptySat May 21, 2016 11:40 pm by Hunter VanDerberg

» Sunny Afternoon (Open to Anyone)
The Lord of the Rings Discussion [BEWARE OF SPOILERS] - Page 2 EmptyFri May 20, 2016 6:58 am by Marielle Prince

» An Unfortunate Accident (Open)
The Lord of the Rings Discussion [BEWARE OF SPOILERS] - Page 2 EmptyMon May 16, 2016 2:41 am by Marielle Prince

» Marielle Aveline Prince
The Lord of the Rings Discussion [BEWARE OF SPOILERS] - Page 2 EmptySun May 15, 2016 8:57 pm by Sky

» Claim a Face
The Lord of the Rings Discussion [BEWARE OF SPOILERS] - Page 2 EmptySun May 15, 2016 8:08 am by Marielle Prince

» AFFILIATE HERE
The Lord of the Rings Discussion [BEWARE OF SPOILERS] - Page 2 EmptyMon May 09, 2016 2:42 am by Ariadne O'Rieley

» My charries need something fot their life (a plots)
The Lord of the Rings Discussion [BEWARE OF SPOILERS] - Page 2 EmptyWed May 04, 2016 8:10 am by Jessica Kim

» The Gif Game 2.0
The Lord of the Rings Discussion [BEWARE OF SPOILERS] - Page 2 EmptyTue May 03, 2016 7:39 am by Humphrey Williams

» A Dying Trade (one of JETTS characters)
The Lord of the Rings Discussion [BEWARE OF SPOILERS] - Page 2 EmptyMon May 02, 2016 12:25 am by Augustus Beckett

» Wild Child [Ariadne]
The Lord of the Rings Discussion [BEWARE OF SPOILERS] - Page 2 EmptySun May 01, 2016 6:01 am by Ariadne O'Rieley

» History Of Magic Application
The Lord of the Rings Discussion [BEWARE OF SPOILERS] - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 22, 2016 9:41 pm by Morgana Gaunt

» Semi - Activity Check!
The Lord of the Rings Discussion [BEWARE OF SPOILERS] - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 22, 2016 11:56 am by Hunter VanDerberg

» EVELYN'S "DRAWINGS"
The Lord of the Rings Discussion [BEWARE OF SPOILERS] - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 17, 2016 10:30 pm by Morgana Gaunt

» I Won't Say I'm In Love (closed-one shot)
The Lord of the Rings Discussion [BEWARE OF SPOILERS] - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 17, 2016 5:18 pm by Miranda Cunningham

The Lord of the Rings Discussion [BEWARE OF SPOILERS]

Go down 
+5
Kynan Walters
Evan Williams
Maya Winchester
Morgana Gaunt
Aylee Walters
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Aylee Walters
Admin
Admin
Aylee Walters

My Character
::
Activity: Adult, Trainee Obliviator

The Lord of the Rings Discussion [BEWARE OF SPOILERS] - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Lord of the Rings Discussion [BEWARE OF SPOILERS]   The Lord of the Rings Discussion [BEWARE OF SPOILERS] - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 15, 2013 10:52 am

Okay, I really need to see The Hobbit...
Back to top Go down
Morgana Gaunt
Admin
Admin
Morgana Gaunt

My Character
Activity: Junior Undersecretary to the Minister of Magic

PostSubject: Re: The Lord of the Rings Discussion [BEWARE OF SPOILERS]   The Lord of the Rings Discussion [BEWARE OF SPOILERS] - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 15, 2013 11:35 am

Yay! Frodo, Kili and Bard Very Happy I'm officially in heaven!

And you totally have to, Nasim, it's brilliant. Of course, there are things that aren't in the books, and there are things that are in the books that aren't in the movies, but let's ignore that and just appreciate the magic that is Middle Earth Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Lord of the Rings Discussion [BEWARE OF SPOILERS]   The Lord of the Rings Discussion [BEWARE OF SPOILERS] - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 15, 2013 11:42 am

I know, I hate when they don't include something that happened in the books Sad But the movies are still awesome. Very moving.
Back to top Go down
Morgana Gaunt
Admin
Admin
Morgana Gaunt

My Character

PostSubject: Re: The Lord of the Rings Discussion [BEWARE OF SPOILERS]   The Lord of the Rings Discussion [BEWARE OF SPOILERS] - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 15, 2013 10:00 pm

Yeah, agreed... It's just sad that they leave out huge parts of the books and put in something else entirely. Though that's not so much LotR or The Hobbit, more HP... xD

But the movies are really moving, and they're so brilliantly made. The scenery is always perfect, the plot and subplots always interesting enough. Nothing is ever really dull about LotR, only when you've seen them a hundred times. At least, that's my opinion. I'm not sick of them, and I've seen them at least thirty times. All of them, that is. And in addition to those thirty times, I've seen TT more than I've seen FotR and RotK. They just don't seize to amaze me xD
Back to top Go down
Aylee Walters
Admin
Admin
Aylee Walters

My Character

PostSubject: Re: The Lord of the Rings Discussion [BEWARE OF SPOILERS]   The Lord of the Rings Discussion [BEWARE OF SPOILERS] - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 16, 2013 8:52 am

That's true. If we didn't read the books we wouldn't know what happened to Dobby in the GoF and OotP. We wouldn't know about Teddy Lupin. We wouldn't know about Malfoy's struggle. We wouldn't know about the true importance of the Deathly Hallows. We wouldn't know that Harry fixed his own wand before leaving the Elder Wand. We wouldn't know about Colin Creevey's death. Or Colin Creevey's brother. And we wouldn't know lots and lots more...

I agree, they never get old but if I actually had to pick my favourite movie between the three, I'd have to say Return of the King. I loved watching the battle of Minas Tirith (especially Gimli's humor Razz). And when the Hobbits return to the Shire.

RANDOM QUESTION: Which one would you prefer: Frodo son of Drogo, Sam Gamgee, Pippin Took or Merry Brandybuck?
Back to top Go down
Morgana Gaunt
Admin
Admin
Morgana Gaunt

My Character

PostSubject: Re: The Lord of the Rings Discussion [BEWARE OF SPOILERS]   The Lord of the Rings Discussion [BEWARE OF SPOILERS] - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 16, 2013 11:41 am

Hm... I love Frodo, but I'm not sure. Merry is pretty epic as well... But I think I'll go for Frodo Razz
Back to top Go down
Maya Winchester
Adult
Maya Winchester

My Character
Activity: Slytherin - Year 3

PostSubject: Re: The Lord of the Rings Discussion [BEWARE OF SPOILERS]   The Lord of the Rings Discussion [BEWARE OF SPOILERS] - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 16, 2013 4:26 pm

I agree with Morgana, the Two Towers is my favourite movie, its actually my all time favourite, not just from the movie franchise. The battle at Helm's Deep amazes me every time and I love when Aragorn returns and enters the hall after falling off the cliff. Then Gandalf in the forest as the white wizard and Sam and Frodo with Faramir and Sam's speech after the Nazgul attacks!! Gah! I'm totally going off course, but its just so AMAZING!! The end of RotK makes me too sad and I literally cry everytime. Also talking about leaving big plots out of books, I would have loved seeing Saruman and Grima trying to take over the Shire and all the Hobbits rebelling in the movie. I think it just showed how far the hobbits had come on their journey.
Back to top Go down
Aylee Walters
Admin
Admin
Aylee Walters

My Character

PostSubject: Re: The Lord of the Rings Discussion [BEWARE OF SPOILERS]   The Lord of the Rings Discussion [BEWARE OF SPOILERS] - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 16, 2013 4:37 pm

THE HOBBITS REBELLED?!?!?!?!??!!?!?!?!!?!!?!? SARUMAN AND GRIMA TRIED TO TAKE OVER THE SHIRE?!?!?!?!?!?

Sorry, I didn't read RotK yet... :/

And, well, who doesn't cry in RotK? It's the end of the story, of course we cry at the end of it! Razz I think I stated my favourite scenes in a previous post of mine, so...

About what you said about Aragorn returning to the hall after falling off the cliff. I personally think he looks hotter when he is tired or fighting or injured Razz

Also, answering my question, I think that I would choose Pippin and Merry. I loved them in the movies- their relationship, they act like they are brothers, and how much they care for each other. Mostly how big of troublemakers they are, though. But I think, mostly Pippin. Because his troublemaking got him to fight in the Battle of Minas Tirith Smile I would've loved to fight there!
Back to top Go down
Maya Winchester
Adult
Maya Winchester

My Character

PostSubject: Re: The Lord of the Rings Discussion [BEWARE OF SPOILERS]   The Lord of the Rings Discussion [BEWARE OF SPOILERS] - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 19, 2013 3:14 pm

Oooh man. I hope I didn't ruin it for you!!! Sorry Sad

Aragorn is always hot then as he's constantly rugged looking Very Happy Except when he's at the king's ceremony and his hair is clean and straight. Not so much my cup of tea.. Razz

Pippin and Mary are so cute together! I felt bad for them when they had to split up and Pippin left to go to Gondor. Sad
Back to top Go down
Aylee Walters
Admin
Admin
Aylee Walters

My Character

PostSubject: Re: The Lord of the Rings Discussion [BEWARE OF SPOILERS]   The Lord of the Rings Discussion [BEWARE OF SPOILERS] - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 19, 2013 3:24 pm

Nah, it's alright. There is just more mystery... I haven't picked up TT in ages. NOW I WANT TO FINISH READING THE BOOK!

And I agree about Aragorn. And OMG his hair looks so horrible in the last battle at the gates of Mordor! I felt like screaming, really Razz

I agree with this one too. It broke my heart, I was really used to seeing the two together Sad
Back to top Go down
Maya Winchester
Adult
Maya Winchester

My Character

PostSubject: Re: The Lord of the Rings Discussion [BEWARE OF SPOILERS]   The Lord of the Rings Discussion [BEWARE OF SPOILERS] - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 19, 2013 4:04 pm

So your on the TT book at the moment? You should and don't forget to read the appendix, they obtain so much more information. It's great, as I always seem to be thirsting for more! Razz

Thank you! Its so nice to have someone else agree. It was awful, nearly ruined my whole Aragorn image. Nearly , but it didn't. He's still amazing in my eyes Very Happy

Yes, especially since they had been through so much together, which only brought them even closer. :')

Back to top Go down
Aylee Walters
Admin
Admin
Aylee Walters

My Character

PostSubject: Re: The Lord of the Rings Discussion [BEWARE OF SPOILERS]   The Lord of the Rings Discussion [BEWARE OF SPOILERS] - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 20, 2013 4:37 pm

I haven't picked up TT in ages. Might not be doing so for a while, either, as school starts next Monday Sad

Anyway, here is a picture in honour of... whatever Smile IN HONOUR OF LTM!
The Lord of the Rings Discussion [BEWARE OF SPOILERS] - Page 2 Anigif_enhanced-buzz-16152-1374596361-0

Uuuuugh... the hair... T_T

I agree with the Merry and Pippin thing Sad I cried in the movies when Merry found Pippin in the battlefield.
Back to top Go down
Maya Winchester
Adult
Maya Winchester

My Character

PostSubject: Re: The Lord of the Rings Discussion [BEWARE OF SPOILERS]   The Lord of the Rings Discussion [BEWARE OF SPOILERS] - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 21, 2013 4:55 pm

Aww, school sucks. Reading every night should be homework! And then your reading my sister's keeper too. Busy, busy!! Very Happy

I loved that line and then EVERYONE bowed down to them! :') BUT, the hair. Nope. Can't hack it. :/ And the beard Sad the stubble was so much sexier.

On a happier more, Legolas will be making an appearance in the second installment of the Hobbit. Roll on December!
Back to top Go down
Aylee Walters
Admin
Admin
Aylee Walters

My Character

PostSubject: Re: The Lord of the Rings Discussion [BEWARE OF SPOILERS]   The Lord of the Rings Discussion [BEWARE OF SPOILERS] - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 22, 2013 7:48 pm

And I'm supposed to look for the Vampire Academy next time I'm in the library Razz

YES. That line shows that even the smallest creatures can do SOMETHING. And that's what they did. Those FOUR SMALL FRIKKIN' HOBBITS SAVED A WHOLE WORLD! And half of the races of Middle-Earth didn't even know what hobbits are!

Seriously, if anyone in the Fourth Age asks was a hobbit is, I will personally make sure that they have an... accident Wink

Agreed with the hair and stubble Sad

Second installment? My uncle said that they're going to do a series of "The Hobbit" because they haven't killed the stupid dragon yet. How far along are they, then?

Also, I just watched "The Fellowship of the Ring" again. I have to admit, I liked Arwen when the Nazgul were chasing her. She seemed pretty badass Razz
And I just LAUGHED when Elrond was like "And you shall be... the Fellowship of da Ring!" *cue dramatic music*
And Pippin and Merry <3 Pippin is JUST. HILARIOUS. "You need people of intelligence on this mission... quest... um... thing." And Merry, "Well, that rules you out, Pippin."
And the part when they were running from the farmer's (forgot the dude's name) dogs. Hilarious!

XD

Boromir Memes:
Back to top Go down
Maya Winchester
Adult
Maya Winchester

My Character

PostSubject: Re: The Lord of the Rings Discussion [BEWARE OF SPOILERS]   The Lord of the Rings Discussion [BEWARE OF SPOILERS] - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 26, 2013 1:01 pm

Oh yeah, do! Have you gone yet? Very Happy

And the hobbits were so much better than most humans and everything in middle earth, they were just so resilient and awesome!

There'll be three movies and at the end of the last one they had just been rescued by the eagles after being attacked by wolves and had to climb up trees. It was so good, well I loved it and went to see it three times in the cinema.

Arwen IS badass! Razz

Farmer Maggoth, don't know how to spell it! But I love that bit, and then they roll down the hill and they were like "that was lucky" when they narrowly escalated falling on a big pile of you know what! The Nazguls used to scare me so much and the next bit when Frodo was like "I think we should get off the road." Freaked me out so much, since I was six when I first seen it!!

Haha, love that first meme. Boromor's line is brilliant!! Razz
Back to top Go down
Aylee Walters
Admin
Admin
Aylee Walters

My Character

PostSubject: Re: The Lord of the Rings Discussion [BEWARE OF SPOILERS]   The Lord of the Rings Discussion [BEWARE OF SPOILERS] - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 26, 2013 2:43 pm

No Sad I actually don't have the time to right now, school is just so stressing!

I can't wait to get the chance to see The Hobbit, then Razz

Today our Literature teacher told us to bring any book and I took The Return of the King, which I have just started reading yesterday. We all had some activities involving our books and I think I managed to get my friend to want to read the series. I'm taking The Fellowship of the Ring tomorrow so I can show it to her!

All I've seen Arwen do in the movies is cry over Aragorn!

I KNOW IT WAS SO SCARY RIGHT! Razz But I just loved the part when they were like, "This was just a detour. A shortcut!" "To what?" "MUSHROOMS!"

I made a meme, too Razz ! Not as good as all of the others but... yeah...

The Lord of the Rings Discussion [BEWARE OF SPOILERS] - Page 2 Onedoe10

Haha!
Back to top Go down
Maya Winchester
Adult
Maya Winchester

My Character

PostSubject: Re: The Lord of the Rings Discussion [BEWARE OF SPOILERS]   The Lord of the Rings Discussion [BEWARE OF SPOILERS] - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 26, 2013 10:53 pm

Awh, that's awful! Everyone should have time to read good books!

Do, the first part is out on dvd and its definitely worth the watch. You should check it out this weekend and then look forward to the next movie with us all Very Happy

Good, spread the word and tell them to watch the movies. They are fantastic!

I would too if someone that amazing was gone off into battle and I loved him and was going to be leaving middle earth forever and never seen him again and then I seen the future where I had a child with him and it might not be possible if I left! Sorry, but I totally get her!!

And "I think I've broken something." And it's just a carrot :POne of my favourite scenes. I love Merry and Pippin, they bring so much warmth into the movie Very Happy

Great meme, one of my favourite yet Wink

Here's the trailer for the first Hobbit, watch it and fall in love. (Btw, Thorin and Kili are amazing is the movie! And Kili is from Ireland *swoon*!)

Back to top Go down
Aylee Walters
Admin
Admin
Aylee Walters

My Character

PostSubject: Re: The Lord of the Rings Discussion [BEWARE OF SPOILERS]   The Lord of the Rings Discussion [BEWARE OF SPOILERS] - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 28, 2013 9:37 pm

I went to the library earlier today, didn't manage to find them Sad

Might not have time for that, tho. Maybe another time. When's the next movie coming out, again?

I left my friend borrow The Fellowship of the Ring! Very Happy I just hope she likes it. Another friend of mine is currently reading Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban. She said she likes it, so let us hope that another Potterhead shall be joining our fandom! Smile Wait, this is a LoTR discussion...

Sorry, but I totally don't get her!

Yes. Merry and Pippin are awesome!

Thanks for the meme Very Happy

Can't watch videos, though. My stupid laptop needs like, an hour, to load the video so it's too frustrating. Sorry Sad

Do you play Lord of the Rings Online yet?
Back to top Go down
Morgana Gaunt
Admin
Admin
Morgana Gaunt

My Character

PostSubject: Re: The Lord of the Rings Discussion [BEWARE OF SPOILERS]   The Lord of the Rings Discussion [BEWARE OF SPOILERS] - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 28, 2013 10:05 pm

About Lotro: Do you know if the game works on Mac's? I just ordered a mac, and I hope it'll work. I have lotro, and I've played it some, but this computer can't take it, and shuts down after a few minutes because the fan is terrible... Sad
Back to top Go down
Aylee Walters
Admin
Admin
Aylee Walters

My Character

PostSubject: Re: The Lord of the Rings Discussion [BEWARE OF SPOILERS]   The Lord of the Rings Discussion [BEWARE OF SPOILERS] - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 28, 2013 10:09 pm

I'm pretty sure it does Smile
Back to top Go down
Evan Williams

Evan Williams

My Character
Activity: Ravenclaw Dropout

PostSubject: Re: The Lord of the Rings Discussion [BEWARE OF SPOILERS]   The Lord of the Rings Discussion [BEWARE OF SPOILERS] - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 28, 2013 10:21 pm

One funny thing about laptops, fans, and games. I installed Skyrim about a year ago, but my laptop shut itself down after I played for about 15 minutes. So I had to quit the game really really often to let my computer rest.
The next day I disassembled my laptop an cleaned all the dust from there. There was a lot of it near the fan, so my PC heated quickly. After the cleaning I could play Skyrim as long as I wanted.

It might sound like a funny fiction story but it's true. Very Happy I just didn't care much about dust before I encountered an overheating problem.
Back to top Go down
Aylee Walters
Admin
Admin
Aylee Walters

My Character

PostSubject: Re: The Lord of the Rings Discussion [BEWARE OF SPOILERS]   The Lord of the Rings Discussion [BEWARE OF SPOILERS] - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 28, 2013 10:26 pm

My laptop used to overheat all the time and shut down on me Sad My mum thought that it was due to the number of files and folders on my laptop so she asked my uncle to get it formatted. Thanks for the tip!

Also, what's Skyrim?
Back to top Go down
Evan Williams

Evan Williams

My Character
Activity: Ravenclaw Dropout

PostSubject: Re: The Lord of the Rings Discussion [BEWARE OF SPOILERS]   The Lord of the Rings Discussion [BEWARE OF SPOILERS] - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 28, 2013 11:03 pm

Well, it's good to reinstall your OS from time to time, so formatting is a nice thing too.

Skyrim is the first game my laptop was struggling with. It's about some viking-like culture, Scandinavia-like country, dragons, and polar lights.
Back to top Go down
Maya Winchester
Adult
Maya Winchester

My Character

PostSubject: Re: The Lord of the Rings Discussion [BEWARE OF SPOILERS]   The Lord of the Rings Discussion [BEWARE OF SPOILERS] - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 28, 2013 11:08 pm

Damn, I still haven't got it now as I've been way too busy! Sad But by the sounds of it, no way my laptop will be able to handle it. It likes to crash a lot Sad

and the movie is out 14th December, well where I am anyways Very Happy

Your such a good influence on your friends! Razz
Back to top Go down
Aylee Walters
Admin
Admin
Aylee Walters

My Character

PostSubject: Re: The Lord of the Rings Discussion [BEWARE OF SPOILERS]   The Lord of the Rings Discussion [BEWARE OF SPOILERS] - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 29, 2013 10:31 am

Me? A good influence?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH XDDDD AHAHAHAHAHAHA LOLOLOLOL THAT'S FUNNY!! XDDD

I'm the total opposite of that. I'm pretty sure that their heads are about to explode because I can't stop talking about Harry Potter. Or Lord of the Rings. Or Narnia. Or The Hunger Games Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Lord of the Rings Discussion [BEWARE OF SPOILERS]   The Lord of the Rings Discussion [BEWARE OF SPOILERS] - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Lord of the Rings Discussion [BEWARE OF SPOILERS]
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next