Live the Magic!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
The Admins
Fast Links
Current time
SPRING
Year: 2034
Term: 13
Month: March

Term 13 until TBA
House Points
Chat Box
Vote For Us
Affiliates
Photobucket Shadowplay HOS The Beginning Magical World of Harry Potter THE GIRL IS DANGEROUS Hogwarts Academy

Click here to affiliate!
Latest topics
» Chances (Ariel)
Lesson One: Harry Potter's Quest for the Horcruxes [Y4] EmptySat May 28, 2016 11:34 pm by Ariel Wilde

» HUGE REALLY VERY IMPORTANT UPDATE - PLEASE READ
Lesson One: Harry Potter's Quest for the Horcruxes [Y4] EmptySat May 21, 2016 11:40 pm by Hunter VanDerberg

» Sunny Afternoon (Open to Anyone)
Lesson One: Harry Potter's Quest for the Horcruxes [Y4] EmptyFri May 20, 2016 6:58 am by Marielle Prince

» An Unfortunate Accident (Open)
Lesson One: Harry Potter's Quest for the Horcruxes [Y4] EmptyMon May 16, 2016 2:41 am by Marielle Prince

» Marielle Aveline Prince
Lesson One: Harry Potter's Quest for the Horcruxes [Y4] EmptySun May 15, 2016 8:57 pm by Sky

» Claim a Face
Lesson One: Harry Potter's Quest for the Horcruxes [Y4] EmptySun May 15, 2016 8:08 am by Marielle Prince

» AFFILIATE HERE
Lesson One: Harry Potter's Quest for the Horcruxes [Y4] EmptyMon May 09, 2016 2:42 am by Ariadne O'Rieley

» My charries need something fot their life (a plots)
Lesson One: Harry Potter's Quest for the Horcruxes [Y4] EmptyWed May 04, 2016 8:10 am by Jessica Kim

» The Gif Game 2.0
Lesson One: Harry Potter's Quest for the Horcruxes [Y4] EmptyTue May 03, 2016 7:39 am by Humphrey Williams

» A Dying Trade (one of JETTS characters)
Lesson One: Harry Potter's Quest for the Horcruxes [Y4] EmptyMon May 02, 2016 12:25 am by Augustus Beckett

» Wild Child [Ariadne]
Lesson One: Harry Potter's Quest for the Horcruxes [Y4] EmptySun May 01, 2016 6:01 am by Ariadne O'Rieley

» History Of Magic Application
Lesson One: Harry Potter's Quest for the Horcruxes [Y4] EmptyFri Apr 22, 2016 9:41 pm by Morgana Gaunt

» Semi - Activity Check!
Lesson One: Harry Potter's Quest for the Horcruxes [Y4] EmptyFri Apr 22, 2016 11:56 am by Hunter VanDerberg

» EVELYN'S "DRAWINGS"
Lesson One: Harry Potter's Quest for the Horcruxes [Y4] EmptySun Apr 17, 2016 10:30 pm by Morgana Gaunt

» I Won't Say I'm In Love (closed-one shot)
Lesson One: Harry Potter's Quest for the Horcruxes [Y4] EmptySun Apr 17, 2016 5:18 pm by Miranda Cunningham

Lesson One: Harry Potter's Quest for the Horcruxes [Y4]

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Ashton Clark
Adult
Ashton Clark

My Character
::
Activity: Adult

Lesson One: Harry Potter's Quest for the Horcruxes [Y4] Empty
PostSubject: Lesson One: Harry Potter's Quest for the Horcruxes [Y4]   Lesson One: Harry Potter's Quest for the Horcruxes [Y4] EmptyFri Jul 05, 2013 9:42 am

After receiving the news that he is again, to be admitted as a professor in Hogwarts, Ashton knows that he is quite thrilled about the second opportunity given to him. Though he knows that some of his former students might not be present anymore, he tried to be optimistic about the whole thing.

Ashton unlocked the room where he will hold his first lesson for the semester. He entered with no expression on his face since nothing changed in the space where he does his teachings. He knew that this won't be the best time to redecorate the room but he accepted the fact that this time, this room will just be this simple enough.

As usual, after scanning the room, he went outside and went towards his personal room. Watching students enter is really not his thing. His system is, to enter the room once all the students are already inside to avoid uncomfortable and awkward nods and hellos that he might encounter.

OOC: Just RP in this thread to participate in this class. :OOC
Back to top Go down
Ella Vega
Adult
Ella Vega

My Character
Activity: Adult, Trainee Auror

PostSubject: Re: Lesson One: Harry Potter's Quest for the Horcruxes [Y4]   Lesson One: Harry Potter's Quest for the Horcruxes [Y4] EmptyFri Jul 05, 2013 11:01 pm

Ella walked into the History of Magic room quietly. She'd been in this classroom the previous three years so she knew Professor Clark wouldn't be in there til everyone had arrived. Silently, she took a seat in the middle of the room not wanting to be too close to the front with the nerds and too far in the back with the idiots. She scanned the room and wondered what the lesson could be about now.
Back to top Go down
James Riddle
Adult
James Riddle

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Lesson One: Harry Potter's Quest for the Horcruxes [Y4]   Lesson One: Harry Potter's Quest for the Horcruxes [Y4] EmptySun Jul 07, 2013 9:27 pm

James didn't know what he was more excited about. The fact that his History of Magic classes had started again, or that Professor Clark was back and teaching the subject once more.

He quickly nodded to Ella as he walked in and took a seat behind her. Waiting for the others to arrive, he explored his schoolbook, attempting to guess what the lesson would be about.
Back to top Go down
Lucy Malfoy
Adult
Lucy Malfoy

My Character
Activity: Slytherin Alumni, Auror, Flying Professor

PostSubject: Re: Lesson One: Harry Potter's Quest for the Horcruxes [Y4]   Lesson One: Harry Potter's Quest for the Horcruxes [Y4] EmptyMon Jul 08, 2013 5:01 am

Lucy walked in hurriedly to the History of Magic classroom; the one that was now so familiar to her after three years. However, seeing as the only people there were James and Ella, she decided to sit next to her girl friend and gave both of them a greeting smile.
Back to top Go down
Ashton Clark
Adult
Ashton Clark

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Lesson One: Harry Potter's Quest for the Horcruxes [Y4]   Lesson One: Harry Potter's Quest for the Horcruxes [Y4] EmptyMon Jul 08, 2013 7:52 am

The long hand stuck to twelve. Ashton noted his clock and proceeded into his usual classroom.

After several steps further, he finally reached his destination. There, without any emotions on his face, he opened the door and walked calmly towards his table. It wasn't new that only few registered on his subject since for many, general History, no matter what its subject is about, is presumed to be a tool for people to get some sleep. Ashton's goal is to change this perception of theirs.

"Welcome to the first lesson for History of Magic. I am your professor, Ashton Clark, who was assigned to teach you the past events of the wizarding world. For fourth years, our topic is entitled 'Harry Potter's Quest for the horcruxes'."

No one was moving on their seats. Knowing that it is the first lesson, all of the students seemed to have their eagerness to learn and behave to build a nice impressions.

"All of the students of mine are required to read in advance. As an introduction to every classes I handle, I ask a question to measure whether someone did their responsibility or not. This is also a great opportunity for earning points for your houses.

"My question shall be: One of the horcruxes that we will be talking about is a ring. The Dark Lord didn't know that it was not a ring but actually, it was what? Ten points shall be given to the designated house."
Back to top Go down
James Riddle
Adult
James Riddle

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Lesson One: Harry Potter's Quest for the Horcruxes [Y4]   Lesson One: Harry Potter's Quest for the Horcruxes [Y4] EmptyMon Jul 08, 2013 9:14 am

Immediately following the teacher's question, James closed his eyes and attempted to summon the detail from his memories of The Dark Lord's Demise, the volume Professor Clark had demanded that they read in preparation for the lesson. After losing five points for his nightly wandering, he was desperate to earn some for Ravenclaw.

The ring... The ring... He tried so hard to remember. He knew he had the answer, yet whenever he thought he was close, it would slip from his mind. Fascinated by the tale of Voldemort's fall, James had read the book in just a few days, and now the details seemed blurry. He couldn't even remember all the horcruxes.

The ring of Gaunt. He recalled his surprise when learning that it had belonged to Morgana's ancestors. Dumbledore destroyed it. Yet that was not the question. Of course, the Deathly Hallows. The thought suddenly hit his mind, and now it all seemed obvious. Voldemort had believed the item to be an ordinary family heirloom, yet the ring ended up being one of the three fabled artefacts. The Elder Wand, the Invisibility Cloak and... the Resurrection Stone.

He hastily raised his hand, forgetting about his shyness from the excitement of having found the answer. "Professor, did the ring actually conceal the Resurrection Stone, one of the three Deathly Hallows?" he blurted out.
Back to top Go down
Ashton Clark
Adult
Ashton Clark

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Lesson One: Harry Potter's Quest for the Horcruxes [Y4]   Lesson One: Harry Potter's Quest for the Horcruxes [Y4] EmptyWed Jul 10, 2013 9:59 am

"The Resurrection Stone." The three words came out of Ashton's mouth. "Indeed correct. Ten points for Ravenclaw."

Ashton cleared his throat for the first time ever since he entered the room. "I'll assume that all of you knows what horcrux is for but for the sake of the discussion and as a professor, it is my responsibility to at least talk about it for a while.

"Horcrux is a word that literally means 'The Soul Outside'. It is an object where one's soul is embedded into. Meaning, if one is to create a horcrux himself, he needs to split his soul into two and transfer the other half into an object. However, as what the former potions professor, Horace Slughron would say, '..few would want it. Death would be preferable.'"

Ashton took out his wand from his robe and held his grip on it. He walked towards the black board and waved his wand softly in front of it. After a few seconds, chalks magically moved by their own and started to draw a picture of an old man: bald but has a long mustache. He was wearing a long robe and holding a cane formed like a snake.

"This is Herpo the Foul, an Ancient Greek Dark Wizard. He is known to be the first man to ever successfully hatch an egg of a basilisk. He is also known to be the creator of many dark curses and also the first known wizard to create a horcrux. Knowing all this information, he may be the person to inspire Voldemort into his dark actions. And by the way, he is also a Parseltongue."

"There is a book entitled 'Secrets of the Darkest Arts' that contains the detailed instructions on how to create a horcrux. For all of you who wants to browse this book, I must tell you that this book was hidden by Dumbledore himself. Until now, no one ever knows where he hid it.

"Normally, wizards create only one horcrux. However, Voldemort was one of a kind. He intentionally created seven horcruxes but, the soul has its own limit. As an estimation and knowing what happened to Voldemort, seven is the maximum number. He accidentally created an eighth horcrux that pushed his soul into its limit. This is the main explanation on why he accidentally transferred some of his soul into Harry Potter while attempting to murder him. Therefore, there were eighth horcruxes all in all."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lesson One: Harry Potter's Quest for the Horcruxes [Y4]   Lesson One: Harry Potter's Quest for the Horcruxes [Y4] Empty

Back to top Go down

Lesson One: Harry Potter's Quest for the Horcruxes [Y4]
Page 1 of 1