Live the Magic!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
The Admins
Fast Links
Current time
SPRING
Year: 2034
Term: 13
Month: March

Term 13 until TBA
House Points
Chat Box
Vote For Us
Affiliates
Photobucket Shadowplay HOS The Beginning Magical World of Harry Potter THE GIRL IS DANGEROUS Hogwarts Academy

Click here to affiliate!
Latest topics
» Chances (Ariel)
Lesson 1: Electricity  EmptySat May 28, 2016 11:34 pm by Ariel Wilde

» HUGE REALLY VERY IMPORTANT UPDATE - PLEASE READ
Lesson 1: Electricity  EmptySat May 21, 2016 11:40 pm by Hunter VanDerberg

» Sunny Afternoon (Open to Anyone)
Lesson 1: Electricity  EmptyFri May 20, 2016 6:58 am by Marielle Prince

» An Unfortunate Accident (Open)
Lesson 1: Electricity  EmptyMon May 16, 2016 2:41 am by Marielle Prince

» Marielle Aveline Prince
Lesson 1: Electricity  EmptySun May 15, 2016 8:57 pm by Sky

» Claim a Face
Lesson 1: Electricity  EmptySun May 15, 2016 8:08 am by Marielle Prince

» AFFILIATE HERE
Lesson 1: Electricity  EmptyMon May 09, 2016 2:42 am by Ariadne O'Rieley

» My charries need something fot their life (a plots)
Lesson 1: Electricity  EmptyWed May 04, 2016 8:10 am by Jessica Kim

» The Gif Game 2.0
Lesson 1: Electricity  EmptyTue May 03, 2016 7:39 am by Humphrey Williams

» A Dying Trade (one of JETTS characters)
Lesson 1: Electricity  EmptyMon May 02, 2016 12:25 am by Augustus Beckett

» Wild Child [Ariadne]
Lesson 1: Electricity  EmptySun May 01, 2016 6:01 am by Ariadne O'Rieley

» History Of Magic Application
Lesson 1: Electricity  EmptyFri Apr 22, 2016 9:41 pm by Morgana Gaunt

» Semi - Activity Check!
Lesson 1: Electricity  EmptyFri Apr 22, 2016 11:56 am by Hunter VanDerberg

» EVELYN'S "DRAWINGS"
Lesson 1: Electricity  EmptySun Apr 17, 2016 10:30 pm by Morgana Gaunt

» I Won't Say I'm In Love (closed-one shot)
Lesson 1: Electricity  EmptySun Apr 17, 2016 5:18 pm by Miranda Cunningham

Lesson 1: Electricity

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Lesson 1: Electricity  Empty
PostSubject: Lesson 1: Electricity    Lesson 1: Electricity  EmptyThu Jul 04, 2013 4:28 am

Muggle Studies: Lesson 1
Saherra Prue was standing behind her desk, chair pushed back, sorting her papers and books. As a new teacher, she had to make sure everything was in a perfect order, from diagrams to articles, so she could have her very first lesson on this job done with no mistakes made.
Being satisfied with her work at last, Saherra pulled her chair and sat on it, glancing at the clock on the wall as she did so. Those children had to arrive soon so they could begin.
Prue ran her fingers through the sheet of paper on top of the pile. It was a list of students who had had mercy on her and taken her class. Only one girl was signed there, going by the name of Auden Mayer, a Ravenclaw. Of course, there were other volunteers as well, who were unfortunately too young to take the class. All Prue could do about that was hope older students would visit her lessons without being registered.
The door creaked open and someone came in. [This lesson can be visited by everyone, there for I am not making clear the number of students entering the classroom. Feel free to join in.]
Saherra flashed a smile.
“ Welcome! Please sit down now.” She turned to the board and took a chalk from the desk.
 “My name is M-S-P-R-U-E” she spoke out every letter separately, as she wrote it on the board.“But you can call me Professor. This is your first lesson- Electricity. It is an amazing invention that muggles have thought of and is in a way their only magic, that can be closely compared to ours. But first, tell me, what do you know about electricity? And Muggles?”
[Fell free to reply so we can continue the lesson.]  

Last edited by Saherra Prue on Sun Jul 14, 2013 5:49 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
James Riddle
Adult
James Riddle

My Character
::
Activity: Adult

PostSubject: Re: Lesson 1: Electricity    Lesson 1: Electricity  EmptyThu Jul 04, 2013 7:42 am

Being a Muggle-born, James knew he didn't need to attend this class. However, an odd curiosity had taken hold of him when he saw the subject in the list of electives, and the day of the first lesson, he found himself heading towards the Muggle Studies Classroom.

Apparently, the first lesson was about electricity, Muggle magic as Professor Prue qualified it. James had never thought about it that way, but he suddenly realized that Muggles needed electricity just as much as wizards did magic. And strangely, even though he used it every day at home, he realized he didn't know how it worked exactly.

When the teacher inquired about their knowledge of Muggles, he remained silent, feeling it would be unfair for him to respond.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lesson 1: Electricity    Lesson 1: Electricity  EmptySun Jul 07, 2013 5:57 am

Saherra Prue waited patiently for someone to answer her previous questions. No one did, though, and her small smile faded a little.
Did little wizards really know so little about the world surrounding them? A shame, really. So they did truly relay only on their magic to survive. So maybe... some practice could help.
" Very well, then." she said, as she eyed the students. Saherra waved her wand." Accio wands!"
All wands flew to her and when she caught them, Prue locked them in her desk." Nox."
Some yelps of surprise were heard as all light went out in the room. The professor smiled in the darkness and began explaining. " Electricity comes from electrons. And Electrons are tiny particles that orbit the nucleus of an atom, which itself is a basic unit of an element.
When enough electrical energy is added to the electrons-after flipping on a switch, or plugging in a cord, or adding a battery-they can escape from their normal orbit and flow along a path. Imagine some small circles, children. Those are the cores of your atoms. Around them position some smaller circles. Those are the electrons. When there is no energy added to them, they stay in one place. When some pressure of electrical sort is made,as I already explained, those tiny circles, the electrons, start moving to a shown direction.That is how muggles power their automobiles, computers, and...light their rooms up. So if you had no trouble memorizing this, tell me... how would you turn the light back on if you were a muggle?"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lesson 1: Electricity    Lesson 1: Electricity  EmptyMon Jul 08, 2013 10:41 pm

Auden rushed into the classroom. She was always late. "Sorry Professor. I lost track of time." Auden said. She then took her seat in the dark room. She wondered why it was so dark anyways? Auden was a half blood but she still wanted to learn about the muggle side of her family.

Last edited by Auden Mayer on Thu Jul 11, 2013 9:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
James Riddle
Adult
James Riddle

My Character
::
Activity: Adult

PostSubject: Re: Lesson 1: Electricity    Lesson 1: Electricity  EmptyTue Jul 09, 2013 8:48 am

Taken aback, James instinctively reached for his wand as it flew out of his pocket. Yet it slipped between his fingers and ended up in the teacher's desk.

After intently listening to the her explanation, he hesitantly raised his hand. "Flip the light switch?" he pondered. He had done it a thousand times back at home that it almost sounded too obvious. Yet perhaps the answer was not that evident for his pure-blood classmates. "But there are none here." he added. Or any other form of electricity.

Hogwarts appeared to be stuck in the Middle Ages as far as technology was concerned. For a moment, James wondered why that was. Could the wizards be so stubborn to reject muggle discoveries and rely solely on magic to fulfill their needs? Or was there another reason for the absence of something that had become essential in everyday life for muggles? Maybe Professor Prue would tell them more about it.

+5 points for Ravenclaw
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lesson 1: Electricity    Lesson 1: Electricity  EmptyWed Jul 10, 2013 5:06 am

"Lumos"
The beam of light that shot up from Prue's wand was not enough for an entire classroom, of course, so she used it to light the candles once again, until the two students who had actually taken this class could very well see each other. One of her students appeared to have sneaked in late, as it appeared.
"Auden Mayer, perhaps? If so, I trust you will not be late again. I am Ms Prue." The girl nodded as if to say 'yes' to everything." You'll have to listen very carefully, Ms Mayer, seeing as you missed my full explanations of the given material. We will be talking about them now, so I think you will be fine."

"As for you, Mr Riddle..." she smiled at the boy ",your answer was correct, for which you get 5 points for Ravenclaw."
Saherra paused for a moment, then asked Auden, to see if she could 'slide' comfortably in the lesson." James also mentioned something about no light switch being here. Would Auden like to tell us why she thinks that is?"
The girl hesitated for a moment, while James and Prue waited.

Last edited by Saherra Prue on Sat Aug 10, 2013 3:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lesson 1: Electricity    Lesson 1: Electricity  EmptyThu Aug 08, 2013 7:16 pm

Auden listened to the Professor and James talk. Auden felt slightly embarrassed so she didn't talk that much. Then the Professor asked Auden a question.

"Professor, could it be that the reason that there is no light switch is that we are going to learn about electricity or something like that?" Auden asked.

+5 points for Ravenclaw
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lesson 1: Electricity    Lesson 1: Electricity  EmptySat Aug 10, 2013 3:29 pm

Saherra listened carefully to the girl, while she answered the question. She thought it over, before replying to it being correct or not. It was an interesting side of the matter at hand, and it deserved attention. She wondered how to answer.

"Your point of view was...hmm, something, Auden.", was what she came up with." A tad bit naive, maybe, but you still earned yourself 5 points for your Participation. But do you really think wizards need electricity?"

As Prue waited, Auden bit her lip thoughtfully.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lesson 1: Electricity    Lesson 1: Electricity  EmptyWed Aug 14, 2013 12:34 am

Auden listened to the Professor. She thought on her reply.

"Well, I guess wizards don't exactly need electricity. Witches and Wizards can use various charms in place of electricity. For example, the lumos would be one of them." Auden said.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lesson 1: Electricity    Lesson 1: Electricity  EmptyWed Sep 11, 2013 11:17 am

"Exactly." Prue nodded her head knowingly." Your homework for this lesson is to write an essay, 2 paragraphs long, entitled ' Electricity and Magic- Comparison'. I believe the title says it all, just list in a way why magic or electricity is better than the other source. Auden, you came in late, so if you need any help with the lesson, feel free to ask. That's it for today."

THIS LESSON IS OVER. LOOK SOON FOR YOUR NEXT ONE.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lesson 1: Electricity    Lesson 1: Electricity  Empty

Back to top Go down

Lesson 1: Electricity
Page 1 of 1