Live the Magic!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
The Admins
Fast Links
Current time
SPRING
Year: 2034
Term: 13
Month: March

Term 13 until TBA
House Points
Chat Box
Vote For Us
Affiliates
Photobucket Shadowplay HOS The Beginning Magical World of Harry Potter THE GIRL IS DANGEROUS Hogwarts Academy

Click here to affiliate!
Latest topics
» Chances (Ariel)
Broken Bones  EmptySat May 28, 2016 11:34 pm by Ariel Wilde

» HUGE REALLY VERY IMPORTANT UPDATE - PLEASE READ
Broken Bones  EmptySat May 21, 2016 11:40 pm by Hunter VanDerberg

» Sunny Afternoon (Open to Anyone)
Broken Bones  EmptyFri May 20, 2016 6:58 am by Marielle Prince

» An Unfortunate Accident (Open)
Broken Bones  EmptyMon May 16, 2016 2:41 am by Marielle Prince

» Marielle Aveline Prince
Broken Bones  EmptySun May 15, 2016 8:57 pm by Sky

» Claim a Face
Broken Bones  EmptySun May 15, 2016 8:08 am by Marielle Prince

» AFFILIATE HERE
Broken Bones  EmptyMon May 09, 2016 2:42 am by Ariadne O'Rieley

» My charries need something fot their life (a plots)
Broken Bones  EmptyWed May 04, 2016 8:10 am by Jessica Kim

» The Gif Game 2.0
Broken Bones  EmptyTue May 03, 2016 7:39 am by Humphrey Williams

» A Dying Trade (one of JETTS characters)
Broken Bones  EmptyMon May 02, 2016 12:25 am by Augustus Beckett

» Wild Child [Ariadne]
Broken Bones  EmptySun May 01, 2016 6:01 am by Ariadne O'Rieley

» History Of Magic Application
Broken Bones  EmptyFri Apr 22, 2016 9:41 pm by Morgana Gaunt

» Semi - Activity Check!
Broken Bones  EmptyFri Apr 22, 2016 11:56 am by Hunter VanDerberg

» EVELYN'S "DRAWINGS"
Broken Bones  EmptySun Apr 17, 2016 10:30 pm by Morgana Gaunt

» I Won't Say I'm In Love (closed-one shot)
Broken Bones  EmptySun Apr 17, 2016 5:18 pm by Miranda Cunningham

Broken Bones

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Aylee Walters
Admin
Admin
Aylee Walters

My Character
::
Activity: Adult, Trainee Obliviator

Broken Bones  Empty
PostSubject: Broken Bones    Broken Bones  EmptySat Apr 20, 2013 8:18 pm

Aylee grunted as she limped towards the Hospital Wing. Her ankle was hurting her. A lot. Somehow, she had tripped and fell down the stairs. A teacher who had seen her fall ordered her to go to get some treatment. She couldn't agree more. Every time she tried to put weight on it, the pain was a bit unbearable. So there she was, looking for the way to the Hospital Wing. She had never been there before so she didn't know the way exactly.

Some time later, the Ravenclaw knocked on the door, hoping that someone would answer. Her ankle was hurting her more by the moment and she couldn't stand it. Aylee lifted the foot in the air, trying to stay balanced while holding on to the wall.
Back to top Go down

Broken Bones  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Broken Bones    Broken Bones  EmptySat Apr 20, 2013 8:27 pm

Roger heard the knock, lifted his head from reading a couple of tomes, and put down his glasses. He went over to the door and opened it full swing.

"You need not knock when injured, young lady," Roger told her. He glanced at the bent knee and elevated foot.

"Do NOT put pressure on it--here," Roger said, assisting the girl onto one of the beds. Before she could say anything, he fired a few diagnostic spells her way.

"Sprained ankle. No breaks, but it is severely strained. What were you doing?" he asked, going down on one knee and checking the injured foot for any outside bumps.
Back to top Go down
Aylee Walters
Admin
Admin
Aylee Walters

My Character

Broken Bones  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Broken Bones    Broken Bones  EmptySat Apr 20, 2013 8:33 pm

Aylee barely got the chance to speak as the Healer helped her towards a bed and examined her ankle. She was relieved to know that she didn't break it- thank goodness. When he asked her what happened, she answered.

"I tripped and fell down the stairs," Aylee replied quietly.
Back to top Go down

Broken Bones  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Broken Bones    Broken Bones  EmptySat Apr 20, 2013 8:44 pm

Roger couldn't help it. He laughed.

"That is the most uncommon explanation I've heard in my tenure here," Roger said, chuckling. "Usually a living breathing book's slammed itself on the patient's foot, or Care of Magical Creatures class has another pain-inducing creature introduced to class, or, I don't know, a spell's hit the ankle and bent it at an odd angle. But this?"

He shook his head at the absurdity.

"If you had been rolling away from a hex and managed to find the descending stairs on the way then yes, it would be a more Hogwartian way of injuring yourself. What was your name again, Miss?"
Back to top Go down
Aylee Walters
Admin
Admin
Aylee Walters

My Character

Broken Bones  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Broken Bones    Broken Bones  EmptySat Apr 20, 2013 8:57 pm

Aylee felt confused when Roger laughed. Then she smiled a little when he explained the reason. He had a point, Hogwarts has many, many ways to get injured. She shook her head and heard the Healer ask her name.

"Aylee," she answered.
Back to top Go down

Broken Bones  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Broken Bones    Broken Bones  EmptySat Apr 20, 2013 9:07 pm

"Aylee, Aylee ..." he said, going over to his student records before healing her. "Ah yes, Miss Walters. Of House Ravenclaw. A fine lady. Wit beyond measure is a man's greatest treasure, but it won't save him from the stairs, will it?"

He went over to the potions stores and got painkiller potion. Then, he went back beside her and offered her the potion.

"Drink this first, then I'll proceed with the spells to correct your ankle."
Back to top Go down
Aylee Walters
Admin
Admin
Aylee Walters

My Character

Broken Bones  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Broken Bones    Broken Bones  EmptySat Apr 20, 2013 10:02 pm

Aylee giggled at his comment about the stairs. Apparently, treasure didn't save her from the stairs. When he got a potion, she hesitantly forced it down and wondered what would happen now.
Back to top Go down

Broken Bones  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Broken Bones    Broken Bones  EmptySun Apr 21, 2013 7:49 am

"Alright, now," Roger took the phial away from Aylee.

"If you would just keep still," Roger ordered, and then started the spell work. The first spell he used was an internal disinfectant one.

"Joints swell when you injure them because of the release of histamine," he said. He then used a spell that stops histamine release. "This histamine brings fluid to the injured site. Fluids containing white blood cells, platelets--when it's a closed injury like this, it's more of a way for the body to limit movement there. Like a natural splint."

He then used a fine-tuned cooling to freezing charm. "Cold compress should be applied, if you're without magic. But we're not Muggles, so this should feel alright."

"Now, enough with making you feel good," Roger said, chuckling. "Now we actually heal something. You've torn a tendon slightly--that's why it's swollen, so that you don't blunder and mess up while it's trying to heal itself."

Roger fired the knitting spell. In a few minutes, the cells will regenerate, reintegrate, and return to normal.
Back to top Go down
Aylee Walters
Admin
Admin
Aylee Walters

My Character

Broken Bones  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Broken Bones    Broken Bones  EmptySun Apr 21, 2013 8:46 am

Aylee watched him cast spells and talk. She was confused with the histamine, fluids, platelets, all that stuff as she wasn't a healer. Deciding not to talk, she just watched Roger work.
Back to top Go down

Broken Bones  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Broken Bones    Broken Bones  EmptySun Apr 21, 2013 4:10 pm

"That will take a while, miss lady, so in the meantime, why don't you lie down. Or you can sit up," he said, smiling at her encouragingly.

"Now, just cast Tempus. After precisely 210 seconds from the end of this sentence, you may go." He bid his leave and went back into his office, trying to recall where he was in his healing tome.
Back to top Go down
Aylee Walters
Admin
Admin
Aylee Walters

My Character

Broken Bones  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Broken Bones    Broken Bones  EmptySun Apr 21, 2013 4:47 pm

Aylee decided to just sit up. When Roger went back to his office, she started to count to 210.

"205, 206, 207, 208, 209, 210," she finished counting rather impatiently. Then she stood up and tried to put weight on her ankle, it didn't hurt a bit. Smiling, Aylee exited the Hospital Wing and headed towards where she was going.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Broken Bones  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Broken Bones    Broken Bones  Empty

Back to top Go down

Broken Bones
Page 1 of 1