Live the Magic!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
The Admins
Fast Links
Current time
SPRING
Year: 2034
Term: 13
Month: March

Term 13 until TBA
House Points
Chat Box
Vote For Us
Affiliates
Photobucket Shadowplay HOS The Beginning Magical World of Harry Potter THE GIRL IS DANGEROUS Hogwarts Academy

Click here to affiliate!
Latest topics
» Chances (Ariel)
The New Generation EmptySat May 28, 2016 11:34 pm by Ariel Wilde

» HUGE REALLY VERY IMPORTANT UPDATE - PLEASE READ
The New Generation EmptySat May 21, 2016 11:40 pm by Hunter VanDerberg

» Sunny Afternoon (Open to Anyone)
The New Generation EmptyFri May 20, 2016 6:58 am by Marielle Prince

» An Unfortunate Accident (Open)
The New Generation EmptyMon May 16, 2016 2:41 am by Marielle Prince

» Marielle Aveline Prince
The New Generation EmptySun May 15, 2016 8:57 pm by Sky

» Claim a Face
The New Generation EmptySun May 15, 2016 8:08 am by Marielle Prince

» AFFILIATE HERE
The New Generation EmptyMon May 09, 2016 2:42 am by Ariadne O'Rieley

» My charries need something fot their life (a plots)
The New Generation EmptyWed May 04, 2016 8:10 am by Jessica Kim

» The Gif Game 2.0
The New Generation EmptyTue May 03, 2016 7:39 am by Humphrey Williams

» A Dying Trade (one of JETTS characters)
The New Generation EmptyMon May 02, 2016 12:25 am by Augustus Beckett

» Wild Child [Ariadne]
The New Generation EmptySun May 01, 2016 6:01 am by Ariadne O'Rieley

» History Of Magic Application
The New Generation EmptyFri Apr 22, 2016 9:41 pm by Morgana Gaunt

» Semi - Activity Check!
The New Generation EmptyFri Apr 22, 2016 11:56 am by Hunter VanDerberg

» EVELYN'S "DRAWINGS"
The New Generation EmptySun Apr 17, 2016 10:30 pm by Morgana Gaunt

» I Won't Say I'm In Love (closed-one shot)
The New Generation EmptySun Apr 17, 2016 5:18 pm by Miranda Cunningham

The New Generation

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Richard Blackwood

Richard Blackwood

My Character
::
Activity: Adult, Daily Prophet Journalist

The New Generation Empty
PostSubject: The New Generation   The New Generation EmptyThu Feb 07, 2013 10:35 pm

Climbing up the staircase to the first floor, Richard observed various students wandering around the corridors, which reminded him of his own time at the school, when he proudly wore a red crest on his robe. He was really glad that Hogwarts had been reopened, as it has always been a special place for everyone in the wizarding world. However, that didn't mean that trouble had ended, as dark wizards were still lurking and certainly waiting for the right opportunity to strike.

Deciding to begin with Selene Vega, the Care of Magical Creatures professor, Richard made his way to her office and then stopped upon reaching it. He didn't know much about her, except for the fact that she was well-loved among her students.

Glancing at his notes one last time, he made sure he remembered what he wanted to ask the professor, and after checking that he had brought his quill and notebook, he confidently knocked on the door, ready for his first interview.
Back to top Go down
Selene Greco
Adult
Selene Greco

My Character
Activity: Adult, Care of Magical Creatures Professor, History of Magic Professor, Head of Slytherin House

The New Generation Empty
PostSubject: Re: The New Generation   The New Generation EmptyFri Feb 08, 2013 4:27 am

Burried beneath a pile of lesson plans, quizzes, homeworks and the sort, Selene worked hard on getting everything done. At the sound of a knock at her door, she looked up confused. Looking for her planner she found that Richard Blackwood had scheduled and appointment to interview her for the Daily Prophet.

Checking her face on the window, she walked over to the door to answer it. Sure enough, there was a man in front of her.
"Hello, sir. I suppose you're Mister Blackwood? Please, come in." she moved out of the doorway to let the man make himself comfortable and then took a seat at her desk, clearing away some of the paperwork.
Back to top Go down
Richard Blackwood

Richard Blackwood

My Character

The New Generation Empty
PostSubject: Re: The New Generation   The New Generation EmptySat Feb 16, 2013 12:09 am

"Yes, I am. And you must be Professor Vega. Pleased to meet you." Richard replied, somewhat stunned. He surely hadn't expected the teacher to be so young and, well, charming.

"Thank you for agreeing to this interview." Richard declared upon taking a seat in front of the teacher's desk. "As I explained in my letters, we are planning on publishing a special issue of the Daily Prophet about Hogwarts soon. And we decided to include a few interviews with the professors, so that our readers can learn more about this new generation teaching at the legendary wizarding school." he added, placing his notepad and quill on the table. "Do you have any questions before we begin?"
Back to top Go down
Selene Greco
Adult
Selene Greco

My Character
Activity: Adult, Care of Magical Creatures Professor, History of Magic Professor, Head of Slytherin House

The New Generation Empty
PostSubject: Re: The New Generation   The New Generation EmptySat Feb 16, 2013 7:44 pm

As Mr. Blackwood spoke, Selene listened carefully. With her hands on her desk, she shook her head.
"No, I believe we can start." and waited for him to ask the first question.
Back to top Go down
Richard Blackwood

Richard Blackwood

My Character

The New Generation Empty
PostSubject: Re: The New Generation   The New Generation EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 9:56 am

Richard took his usual relaxed pose and carefully observed the professor while the magical quill recorded her answers. "If I'm not mistaken, you've been Care of Magical Creatures professor since the school reopened last year, and you've taken over History of Magic classes recently as well. What can you tell me in general about your experience at Hogwarts so far?"
Back to top Go down
Selene Greco
Adult
Selene Greco

My Character

The New Generation Empty
PostSubject: Re: The New Generation   The New Generation EmptyWed Feb 27, 2013 3:37 am

"Yes, I started out with Care of Magical Creatures." Selene answered calmly. "History of Magic is only a temporary position."

"Hogwarts is great. It's the same as I remember it from when I was a child. The staff is friendlier though," she began, "Headmaster Gray is a wonderful man, and Mrs. Torres is equally wonderful. As a staff, we don't have much time to talk and catch up with personal matters, but most of us are willing to help each other if it's needed." She recalled the time Ashton helped her with Wayne, and she felt very thankful for him and the rest of the people who had supported her.

"The kids are great. Very, very talented." she said, softening her tone. "Aurora Finnigan, for example, is a true Ravenclaw, along with James Riddle of course. They are both wonderfully smart and curious with a thirst for learning. Lucy and Wade Malfoy both excellent flyers. From what I've heard, Lucy's a natural for transfiguration. And Wade is excellent in Quidditch. Ellie Fontayne, a seer. Shah Chelsea Hazel, an excellent person to have around when facing danger, and very good with handling the animals we've met in class." she praised some of her students.

"Most of the ambient around the school is very calm, even with sudden appearance from the Ministry, we've been in a very peaceful school."
Back to top Go down
Richard Blackwood

Richard Blackwood

My Character

The New Generation Empty
PostSubject: Re: The New Generation   The New Generation EmptySat Mar 02, 2013 2:43 pm

"Quite an interesting set of students you have here. I hope I'll have the opportunity to meet some of them during my stay." Richard commented as Professor Vega described them.

"I'm glad to learn that you haven't faced any trouble. The safety of our children is of the utmost importance, especially in these dangerous times." he added. "However, it mustn't be easy, working in these conditions. With students and professors constantly leaving and others arriving. I've heard that some of last year's teachers haven't returned this term, and that several students had been forced to leave by their families, who deemed it too unsafe for them to stay at Hogwarts. How do you deal with all of that and how much does it affect your work?"

Last edited by Richard Blackwood on Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Selene Greco
Adult
Selene Greco

My Character

The New Generation Empty
PostSubject: Re: The New Generation   The New Generation EmptySun Mar 03, 2013 9:35 pm

"As you said, the safety of our children is the most important thing on our minds right now. Most of us patrol the hallways at night, for security reasons, and keep a close eye on all the students." she said, thinking back at the time she had caught Ella and Lucy in the Forest. Shaking the thought of what might have happened to them, she continued.

"Some of our best professors have indeed left, such as Ashton Clark, but sometimes it is better to protect children that way, by leaving. What we have now is a group of only a few of us that, together make a decent team. We have Ambrosius Umbranox, our Defense Against the Dark Arts professor, who is very talented and well trained. Austin Baxt, our Potions Professor, who is an excellent potioner and better than any of the other professors who've held that position. And most recently, we've added Mrs. Addie Umbridge to our staff, who is a seer and a very good professor. Most of us would stand in front out students if they were facing danger, and I think that's a wonderful quality that we look for in the people we add to our family."

"As for the students, we cannot do much about their leaving and staying. If their family believes Hogwarts is too dangerous, they are free to retrieve them when they please. The only thing we try to regulate is making sure that they are taken out by an actual parent, and not just a random family member. Believe it or not, we also place a strong belief in security when the children are taken out of our care."

"I would say it doesn't affect our work to make it look better, but the truth is that it does. It's always sad to see some of your best students leave. It's hard to teach a set of 30 kids in one class and the next day only half of them show up because the rest have been taken out. It's not easy, but we deal with it in a professional manner that does not affect our teaching and the learning of the rest of the students."
Back to top Go down
Richard Blackwood

Richard Blackwood

My Character

The New Generation Empty
PostSubject: Re: The New Generation   The New Generation EmptySun Mar 03, 2013 11:43 pm

"I have a deep admiration for the work you are doing here. It's sad to see some people don't believe Hogwarts to be safe anymore." Richard commented.

"You said you went to Hogwarts yourself. You were a Slytherin if I'm not mistaken. Can you tell me something about your student years? And how did you feel when the school was closed? Do you think it was a justified decision at the time?"
Back to top Go down
Selene Greco
Adult
Selene Greco

My Character

The New Generation Empty
PostSubject: Re: The New Generation   The New Generation EmptyMon Mar 04, 2013 1:59 am

"Yes, I was under the House of Slytherin. I like to believe it was for my determination to keep my magic with me, unlike my parents who were forced to repress it when they found out what they were." She explained, the image of her mother's disapproval clear in her mind.

"When I was a student here, things were obviously not good for me. Some students had the ignorant impression that if you were placed in Slytherin you would turn over to the dark side, and that caused a lot of friction between us at the time. To be honest with you, I used to get in trouble. I spent many times in the Headmaster's office because I didn't like the rules they gave me as I had always been spoiled as a young child. My hardest years were definitely my best, though. Now, I can say that I'm more adapted to following rules and disciplines, something that I'm very thankful for as it has gotten me where I am today. When Hogwarts closed down, it was painful for me to hear people say such things about the place that taught me what my parents didn't. It was as if they were closing down my home, and I'm sure every student here would feel the same way if it happened right now."

"As for whether or not it was justified, I don't have an actual opinion on it because in a way it helped better the security for the students and it's allowed more people to see and realize that we're as good as ever. "
Back to top Go down
Richard Blackwood

Richard Blackwood

My Character

The New Generation Empty
PostSubject: Re: The New Generation   The New Generation EmptyMon May 13, 2013 8:41 pm

Richard waited for the quill to end writing down everything the professor had said before pursuing. "And then when the school reopened you got an owl from Owen Gray offering you a teaching position. I've heard that some contested the headmaster's decision to appoint someone that... inexperienced at such an important job. You are only twenty-one after all, if I'm not mistaken. Were you close to Headmaster Gray during your student years?"

Richard didn't particularly enjoy asking this sort of questions, but if was unfortunately part of his duty as a journalist. After all, affairs and intrigues were all that captivated readers these days. Few cared about genuine news anymore, he sighed while reflecting.
Back to top Go down
Selene Greco
Adult
Selene Greco

My Character

The New Generation Empty
PostSubject: Re: The New Generation   The New Generation EmptyThu May 16, 2013 3:32 am

"Twenty three." Selene corrected. "I was twenty one when I was hired, but time has passed and I've learned from past mistakes in lessons. I've learned what students like and the way they learn. So in a way, I'm glad Hogwarts was my first experience."

"I wouldn't say I was close to him, because most of the time I was anywhere near him was because I had gotten in trouble. Really, the only time he had an actual conversation with me was to tell me to apply myself. I'm thankful he did it though. No one had ever used such an attitude towards me."
Back to top Go down
Richard Blackwood

Richard Blackwood

My Character

The New Generation Empty
PostSubject: Re: The New Generation   The New Generation EmptyFri May 17, 2013 12:03 am

As she finished describing her relationship with the headmaster, Richard glanced at his notes to check if anything remained to be asked. There happened to be one more thing he needed to know.

"As you are surely aware, despite their recent defeat, the dark wizards are still a threat to the wizarding community. There have been rumors spreading about them regrouping and developing a new plan. Some even say they are after some sort of weapon, something they didn't have last time. Do you know anything about this new danger? I believe that Minister Rufford visited the school not so long ago. Did he mention anything about it?" Richard questioned, staring at her in order not to miss any small gesture or sign of unease.
Back to top Go down
Selene Greco
Adult
Selene Greco

My Character

The New Generation Empty
PostSubject: Re: The New Generation   The New Generation EmptyFri May 31, 2013 1:29 am

At the mention of this, Selene's hand closed in front of her, forming a softer version of a fist. How could the Ministry not know about this?
"I have only heard the rumors about Dark Wizards forming new clans, but other than that, I'm clueless. The Minister did visit us, but it was a very long time. Really, it was during my first year teaching here at Hogwarts." she responded, a bit unsure on how the Daily Prophet wasn't aware of this, and why they would be questioning her.
"Is that all?" she asked after a few seconds.
Back to top Go down
Richard Blackwood

Richard Blackwood

My Character

The New Generation Empty
PostSubject: Re: The New Generation   The New Generation EmptySat Jun 01, 2013 8:09 am

Richard noticed her fingers slightly clenching when he mentioned the weapon, yet she assured him that she knew nothing of it. Silent, he contemplated her for a moment, trying to determine if there was something she wasn't telling him.

"Yes, it is." he replied, gathering his belongings. "Thank you again for accepting to do this interview. I will make sure we send you a copy of the issue as soon as it is published." Giving her a generous smile, he shook her hand and then headed for the door.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The New Generation Empty
PostSubject: Re: The New Generation   The New Generation Empty

Back to top Go down

The New Generation
Page 1 of 1