Live the Magic!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
The Admins
Fast Links
Current time
SPRING
Year: 2034
Term: 13
Month: March

Term 13 until TBA
House Points
Chat Box
Vote For Us
Affiliates
Photobucket Shadowplay HOS The Beginning Magical World of Harry Potter THE GIRL IS DANGEROUS Hogwarts Academy

Click here to affiliate!
Latest topics
» Chances (Ariel)
Suggestion about Family Members [POLL] EmptySat May 28, 2016 11:34 pm by Ariel Wilde

» HUGE REALLY VERY IMPORTANT UPDATE - PLEASE READ
Suggestion about Family Members [POLL] EmptySat May 21, 2016 11:40 pm by Hunter VanDerberg

» Sunny Afternoon (Open to Anyone)
Suggestion about Family Members [POLL] EmptyFri May 20, 2016 6:58 am by Marielle Prince

» An Unfortunate Accident (Open)
Suggestion about Family Members [POLL] EmptyMon May 16, 2016 2:41 am by Marielle Prince

» Marielle Aveline Prince
Suggestion about Family Members [POLL] EmptySun May 15, 2016 8:57 pm by Sky

» Claim a Face
Suggestion about Family Members [POLL] EmptySun May 15, 2016 8:08 am by Marielle Prince

» AFFILIATE HERE
Suggestion about Family Members [POLL] EmptyMon May 09, 2016 2:42 am by Ariadne O'Rieley

» My charries need something fot their life (a plots)
Suggestion about Family Members [POLL] EmptyWed May 04, 2016 8:10 am by Jessica Kim

» The Gif Game 2.0
Suggestion about Family Members [POLL] EmptyTue May 03, 2016 7:39 am by Humphrey Williams

» A Dying Trade (one of JETTS characters)
Suggestion about Family Members [POLL] EmptyMon May 02, 2016 12:25 am by Augustus Beckett

» Wild Child [Ariadne]
Suggestion about Family Members [POLL] EmptySun May 01, 2016 6:01 am by Ariadne O'Rieley

» History Of Magic Application
Suggestion about Family Members [POLL] EmptyFri Apr 22, 2016 9:41 pm by Morgana Gaunt

» Semi - Activity Check!
Suggestion about Family Members [POLL] EmptyFri Apr 22, 2016 11:56 am by Hunter VanDerberg

» EVELYN'S "DRAWINGS"
Suggestion about Family Members [POLL] EmptySun Apr 17, 2016 10:30 pm by Morgana Gaunt

» I Won't Say I'm In Love (closed-one shot)
Suggestion about Family Members [POLL] EmptySun Apr 17, 2016 5:18 pm by Miranda Cunningham

Suggestion about Family Members [POLL]

Go down 
4 posters

Do you agree with this suggestion?
Yes, I agree with option 1.
Suggestion about Family Members [POLL] Empty100%Suggestion about Family Members [POLL] Empty
 100% [ 10 ]
Yes, I agree with option 2.
Suggestion about Family Members [POLL] Empty0%Suggestion about Family Members [POLL] Empty
 0% [ 0 ]
No, I don't think this is a good idea.
Suggestion about Family Members [POLL] Empty0%Suggestion about Family Members [POLL] Empty
 0% [ 0 ]
I agree, but I have another option.
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 10

AuthorMessage

Suggestion about Family Members [POLL] Empty
PostSubject: Suggestion about Family Members [POLL]   Suggestion about Family Members [POLL] EmptyThu Jan 31, 2013 4:08 pm

I can't help but notice that there are a lot of roleplayers who are making characters who are related to each other in some way. I was wondering if we should create some way for family members of characters to be "adopted" by other members wishing to have more characters. I have a few suggestions for this to work out if the admins are interested:

1) Create a thread or a forum related to the Character Application center where members can post about available family openings. Any roleplayer wishing to "adopt" a character can reply to the thread, and the member who put the character up for adoption can either confirm or deny the applicant's request. This could be useful for either a member wishing to control another character or a new member who doesn't want to think up their own.

2) Any member wishing to put a character up for adoption can contact an admin to inform them of the character's availability, and the admin can somehow put the idea out there. Then anyone wishing to adopt the character can simply PM the first user to infrom he or she of their interest.

I'm just putting this out there because of the increased number of family members on this site. Any character with non-canon family members (for example, my character, who has a number of siblings) would be able to see their family on the site and interact with them, but the decision of who should control the family member is up to the original maker of the character .

Last edited by Aurora Finnigan on Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Jennifer Moss
Adult
Jennifer Moss

My Character
::
Activity: Assistant Unspeakable

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion about Family Members [POLL]   Suggestion about Family Members [POLL] EmptyThu Jan 31, 2013 8:19 pm

I think this is a really good idea....
Back to top Go down
James Riddle
Adult
James Riddle

My Character
Activity: Adult

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion about Family Members [POLL]   Suggestion about Family Members [POLL] EmptyThu Jan 31, 2013 8:38 pm

Excellent suggestion. Since you've already explained how everything would work, I have nothing to add.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion about Family Members [POLL]   Suggestion about Family Members [POLL] EmptyFri Feb 01, 2013 12:37 am

That's what I told James the other day on chat, there has to be regulation to characters accepted, and actually read the application, not just relations to other PC but to canons as well.

Quote :
I'm just putting this out there because of the increased number of family members on this site. Any character with non-canon family members (for example, my character, who has a number of siblings) would be able to see their family on the site and interact with them, but the decision of who should control the family member is up to the original maker of the character .

The onyl actual family in this site is Lestrange, 4 members. And your siblings are NPC, pray god you know what that is. (Unless, you are looking for an adopting, though you are a relative to a canon family, again: needs regulation)

The decision of who controls the family is obviously the head of the family, yes in real life and IC there are heads of families, usually the father.. whatever way you're planning on doing this.

And not to be mean, but aught'a be pretty ignorant to not have anything to reply to her suggestion.
Back to top Go down
James Riddle
Adult
James Riddle

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion about Family Members [POLL]   Suggestion about Family Members [POLL] EmptyFri Feb 01, 2013 10:58 pm

Luckily, you're here to enlighten me.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion about Family Members [POLL]   Suggestion about Family Members [POLL] EmptyFri Feb 01, 2013 11:06 pm

I sense sarcasm, Hello!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion about Family Members [POLL]   Suggestion about Family Members [POLL] EmptySat Feb 02, 2013 4:54 pm

Let's not argue, please. Just as a side note, there are actually two other families, the Fontaynes and Shah and Zoran, but those families are played by the same person.

Question: should I make a poll to ask people about this?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion about Family Members [POLL]   Suggestion about Family Members [POLL] EmptySat Feb 02, 2013 5:27 pm

By the same person? That's a boring family.. it's like roleplaying with yourself when the family does an rp.

The suggestion doesn't need a thread, it just needs to be re-checked and seen by different people, I don't know know why you need to add polls all the time, James already agreed.
Back to top Go down
Lucy Malfoy
Adult
Lucy Malfoy

My Character
Activity: Slytherin Alumni, Auror, Flying Professor

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion about Family Members [POLL]   Suggestion about Family Members [POLL] EmptySat Feb 02, 2013 6:48 pm

Um. What about US? I mean, yeah we're not really siblings....but we're cousins...and we aren't played by the same person.
Anyway, I think you should actually make a poll Aurora, we need to know what the rest of the forum needs, not just want us admins want. It's a great idea, and I'm sure James would be okay with you making a poll for it.

-Andrew

P.S.
Sorry, I'm on Lucy's account....I'm too lazy to log on as Wade again to post this.
Back to top Go down
James Riddle
Adult
James Riddle

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion about Family Members [POLL]   Suggestion about Family Members [POLL] EmptySat Feb 02, 2013 11:36 pm

I'm totally okay with making a poll, since we want to know what you all think about this idea.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion about Family Members [POLL]   Suggestion about Family Members [POLL] EmptySun Feb 03, 2013 12:39 pm

*bangs head* I'm so sorry Andrew and Lucy! I completely forgot! *bang bang bang*

Okay, I'll add a poll. Thanks for the feedback!
Back to top Go down
Wade Malfoy
Admin
Admin
Wade Malfoy

My Character
Activity: Dark Wizard

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion about Family Members [POLL]   Suggestion about Family Members [POLL] EmptySun Feb 03, 2013 11:17 pm

It's alright Aurora Very Happy
And, is there a way to combine option 1 & 2?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion about Family Members [POLL]   Suggestion about Family Members [POLL] EmptyMon Feb 04, 2013 12:36 pm

I would assume so, just PM people instead of posting a thread. I'm not sure whether I should add that option to the poll; it might mess up the previous votes, but I think doing both should be possible.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion about Family Members [POLL]   Suggestion about Family Members [POLL] EmptyTue Feb 05, 2013 2:15 pm

I tihnk this is agreed, no more need for voting in my opinion
Back to top Go down
James Riddle
Adult
James Riddle

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion about Family Members [POLL]   Suggestion about Family Members [POLL] EmptyWed Feb 06, 2013 10:09 am

It indeed seems to be agreed. Option 1 has been adopted. We will create the thread as soon as possible.

This has now been moved to Solved Suggestions
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion about Family Members [POLL]   Suggestion about Family Members [POLL] Empty

Back to top Go down

Suggestion about Family Members [POLL]
Page 1 of 1