Live the Magic!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
The Admins
Fast Links
Current time
SPRING
Year: 2034
Term: 13
Month: March

Term 13 until TBA
House Points
Chat Box
Vote For Us
Affiliates
Photobucket Shadowplay HOS The Beginning Magical World of Harry Potter THE GIRL IS DANGEROUS Hogwarts Academy

Click here to affiliate!
Latest topics
» Chances (Ariel)
Relaxing at the Library EmptySat May 28, 2016 11:34 pm by Ariel Wilde

» HUGE REALLY VERY IMPORTANT UPDATE - PLEASE READ
Relaxing at the Library EmptySat May 21, 2016 11:40 pm by Hunter VanDerberg

» Sunny Afternoon (Open to Anyone)
Relaxing at the Library EmptyFri May 20, 2016 6:58 am by Marielle Prince

» An Unfortunate Accident (Open)
Relaxing at the Library EmptyMon May 16, 2016 2:41 am by Marielle Prince

» Marielle Aveline Prince
Relaxing at the Library EmptySun May 15, 2016 8:57 pm by Sky

» Claim a Face
Relaxing at the Library EmptySun May 15, 2016 8:08 am by Marielle Prince

» AFFILIATE HERE
Relaxing at the Library EmptyMon May 09, 2016 2:42 am by Ariadne O'Rieley

» My charries need something fot their life (a plots)
Relaxing at the Library EmptyWed May 04, 2016 8:10 am by Jessica Kim

» The Gif Game 2.0
Relaxing at the Library EmptyTue May 03, 2016 7:39 am by Humphrey Williams

» A Dying Trade (one of JETTS characters)
Relaxing at the Library EmptyMon May 02, 2016 12:25 am by Augustus Beckett

» Wild Child [Ariadne]
Relaxing at the Library EmptySun May 01, 2016 6:01 am by Ariadne O'Rieley

» History Of Magic Application
Relaxing at the Library EmptyFri Apr 22, 2016 9:41 pm by Morgana Gaunt

» Semi - Activity Check!
Relaxing at the Library EmptyFri Apr 22, 2016 11:56 am by Hunter VanDerberg

» EVELYN'S "DRAWINGS"
Relaxing at the Library EmptySun Apr 17, 2016 10:30 pm by Morgana Gaunt

» I Won't Say I'm In Love (closed-one shot)
Relaxing at the Library EmptySun Apr 17, 2016 5:18 pm by Miranda Cunningham

Relaxing at the Library

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
James Riddle
Adult
James Riddle

My Character
::
Activity: Adult

Relaxing at the Library Empty
PostSubject: Relaxing at the Library   Relaxing at the Library EmptyWed Jan 23, 2013 12:08 am

James plopped into one of the cozy armchairs and glanced at his schedule once more. He had an hour long pause before his first Defence Against the Dark Arts lesson, so he decided to spend some time in the library, as he had often done during his first year. Glancing in his schoolbag, he took out The Dark Forces: A Guide to Self Protection. Leafing through the book, he wondered which defensive spells Professor Umbranox would teach them this term.

As he was reading about the Disarming Charm, he heard someone approaching. Intrigued, he raised his gaze from the pages to see who it was.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Relaxing at the Library   Relaxing at the Library EmptyWed Jan 23, 2013 12:20 am

"What are you hiding?" Austin asked curiouslty as he entered the library, knowing it was reopened and wanted to check it out.
Back to top Go down
James Riddle
Adult
James Riddle

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Relaxing at the Library   Relaxing at the Library EmptyWed Jan 23, 2013 12:33 am

"What are you hiding?" a voice suddenly asked. "Hiding?" James repeated, confused. "I'm not hiding anything, professor." he replied hesitantly, recognizing his new Potions Master. "I was just reading my Defence Against the Dark Arts textbook." he added, showing the used cover to Professor Baxt.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Relaxing at the Library   Relaxing at the Library EmptyWed Jan 23, 2013 12:35 am

((Rule of RP: Don't "echo"))

"Let me see the book." he said, holding out his hand, unconvinced.
Back to top Go down
James Riddle
Adult
James Riddle

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Relaxing at the Library   Relaxing at the Library EmptyWed Jan 23, 2013 12:39 am

James handed his textbook to the professor, still puzzled by the entire situation. Why would he be hiding anything? Silently fixing the professor, he waited for him to examine the item.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Relaxing at the Library   Relaxing at the Library EmptyWed Jan 23, 2013 12:45 am

Austin took the book quickly and examined it. "There's been talk about a hidden, all-powerful book 'round here." he handed the book back.
Back to top Go down
James Riddle
Adult
James Riddle

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Relaxing at the Library   Relaxing at the Library EmptyWed Jan 23, 2013 12:57 am

James grasped the book, relieved that the teacher hadn't found anything unusual to it. "I'm sorry, but I've never heard of such a book, Professor." he replied, avoiding his look. "And if you will excuse me, I have to go." he added while picking up his bag.

Last edited by James Riddle on Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Aurelia Rosier
Adult
Aurelia Rosier

My Character
Activity: Slytherin - Year 2, Madam Puddifoot's Tea Shop Worker

PostSubject: Re: Relaxing at the Library   Relaxing at the Library EmptyWed Jan 23, 2013 5:54 pm

((I used one of my entrances from a previous RP. Hope you don't mind. xD ))

Aurelia wandered through the winding passages of Hogwarts' corridors, before finally finding an exit through a stone door concealed in the wall. Azure orbs quickly flickered around her surroundings, as she made sure that no one had noticed her, before she finally tiptoed out quietly. As soon as she stepped out into the corridor, the hum of voices that swept through the grounds of Hogwarts began to take effect, leaving the young girl with a strange sense of serenity and peace. While the move from the Muggle convent to the magical world of Hogwarts had certainly been difficult, Aurelia couldn't help but feel that she just might be able to adjust to life in the castle.

A small derisive sigh escaped from her lips, as she continued assessing her surroundings, her face devoid of any emotion. If only there was a way to make her feel less homesick (not that she'd ever had a proper family to begin with). What she needed to do was to befriend others and to interact with them, instead of pushing them away from her. Her first day or so had gone relatively well, what with the personalized tour that the caretaker had arranged. She'd been able to meet members of each of the four houses; they were all kind and polite to her, but still, a nagging voice at the back of her mind constantly made her ask herself whether she truly belonged here. Noticing the entrance to the library, she decided to do a little exploring. Perhaps she could borrow a book, or at least, find something that would occupy her mind for the time being.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Relaxing at the Library   Relaxing at the Library EmptySat Jan 26, 2013 9:08 pm

Leah was both relieved and happy to find the library. She was looking for it for a while now and thought that she got lost. She entered the library and took a deep breath of the familiar smell of the old pages and their bindings. A grin flashed on her face as she did a combination of skipping and shuffling through the rows of the bueatiful books. Now was the trouble, actually find a book. She wasn't sure about what kinds of books there were for pleasure reading and how they were sorted. Leah knew the library in the muggle workd like the back of her hand. But if there was any time to figure out how the system worked, it was now.
Back to top Go down
James Riddle
Adult
James Riddle

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Relaxing at the Library   Relaxing at the Library EmptyMon Jan 28, 2013 6:49 pm

Taking his things, James walked away from Professor Baxt. He was still a bit troubled by the way the teacher accused him of hiding something. Disappearing in one of the countless aisles of the library, he looked behind him but the professor had apparently left. Turning back his head, he noticed someone walking towards him from the right, but before he could do anything to avoid them, they collided violently.

"I'm so sorry." James apologized to the girl while helping her to pick up the books she had dropped. "Are you all right?" Glancing at her more carefully, he realized he had never seen her before. She had long mahogany coloured hair that cascaded down her neck, and her black school robe ornamented with a green crest contrasted with the fairness of her skin.
Back to top Go down
Aurelia Rosier
Adult
Aurelia Rosier

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Relaxing at the Library   Relaxing at the Library EmptyMon Jan 28, 2013 7:40 pm

Aurelia paused for a moment as the teacher in front of her turned to the right, her own attention being caught by the sudden movement of the book gripped in her right hand. It was tugging, pulling, attempting to wrench itself free from her small palms. The young girl glared, summoning the item back, and then, just as she was about to round the corner, she found herself colliding headfirst with another student. With a small cry, she tumbled to the ground and her large, azure orbs widened in surprise.

Glancing upwards, she examined the boy who had collided into her with a look of curiosity. He appeared to be genuinely apologetic, and she felt her expression soften at that realization.
"It's alright, I'm fine. Are you okay?" she asked, offering him a small smile as she attempted to clamber back onto her feet. Now that he was closer in proximity, it was easier for her to observe his features. Having never seen him in any of her classes before, she automatically assumed that he was a second year. Warm, azure eyes took in his chiselled features and his dark brown hair, along with the blue crest emblazoned on the side of his robes. "I'm Aurelia," she stated, extending her hand in a friendly gesture, "Nice to meet you."
Back to top Go down
James Riddle
Adult
James Riddle

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Relaxing at the Library   Relaxing at the Library EmptyMon Jan 28, 2013 7:56 pm

"I'm fine" James reassured her, returning the smile. The girl then observed him for a second, before introducing herself. "James" he replied, shaking her hand. "Nice to meet you too. Oh, and I think this is yours." he added, handing her the books he had picked up. "So, are you new here?" he inquired after a brief silence.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Relaxing at the Library   Relaxing at the Library EmptyTue Jan 29, 2013 10:33 pm

((I left?? Way to powerplay, <.< sure you know how to roleplay??))

"Hm." said Austin as the boy walked away and encountered another girl. "Rosier," he said, recognizing his student, "I see you met Mr. Riddle."
Back to top Go down
James Riddle
Adult
James Riddle

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Relaxing at the Library   Relaxing at the Library EmptyWed Jan 30, 2013 11:06 pm

OOC: I just wrote that James looked back and didn't see you, and therefore assumed that you left, which doesn't mean that you necessarily did.
Back to top Go down
Aurelia Rosier
Adult
Aurelia Rosier

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Relaxing at the Library   Relaxing at the Library EmptyTue Feb 05, 2013 1:19 pm

Aurelia had been so busy making sure that the boy was alright that she’d neglected to make note of the fact that she had dropped her books, during their violent collision. An embarrassed laugh escaped from her lips as she reached out to reclaim her books, before settling into a comfortable position. “I am,” she replied, azure orbs flickering slightly in the light seeping through the window panes, “And I presume that you’re a second year?” ,” inquired the girl politely, though she was genuinely curious as to which year he was in.

Just as she was about to pose another question, her gaze landed upon a figure—one who she recognized to be her Potions Professor, Professor Baxt.
“Professor Baxt,” stated the girl, inclining her head in a polite greeting. “Indeed, I have,” she added, a light smile curling across her lips as she spoke.
Back to top Go down
James Riddle
Adult
James Riddle

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Relaxing at the Library   Relaxing at the Library EmptyWed Feb 06, 2013 10:28 am

"Yes, I am." James confirmed with a smile when she asked him about the year he was in. She seemed to want to inquire something else, but before she had the chance to, someone approached. What does he want now? James thought to himself when he saw Professor Baxt arrive, wondering if the Potions Master would put Aurelia through the same interrogation he had just endured a few minutes earlier.

Last edited by James Riddle on Sun Mar 03, 2013 4:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Aurelia Rosier
Adult
Aurelia Rosier

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Relaxing at the Library   Relaxing at the Library EmptySun Mar 03, 2013 3:40 pm

Aurelia's eyes widened infinitesimally as she regarded the boy in front of her, as she brought her hands together to form a small clap of delight. "Oh!" she cried, allowing her gaze to flicker swiftly towards Professor Baxt, before back towards James. She hesitated for a moment, gnawing gently on her bottom lip, as she leaned over quickly to whisper a few words to him. "I haven't actually met a second year before," she explained, laughing lightly at the realization as she twirled a stray strand of her mahogany hair around her finger.

There were many questions that she wished to ask him--particularly those pertaining to the coursework, student life and the castle's history, though she decided not to bombard him with questions just yet. She hummed a quiet tune to herself, her gaze trailing down at the book which he had been reading before they had begun to converse. The Dark Forces: A Guide to Self-Protection. Seems interesting, she thought to herself as she raised a quizzical eyebrow.
"So what were you doing here?" inquired the girl lightly, not meaning to pry, though she hoped that he would answer her question truthfully.
Back to top Go down
James Riddle
Adult
James Riddle

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Relaxing at the Library   Relaxing at the Library EmptySun Mar 03, 2013 4:43 pm

"You haven't met any of the second-year Slytherins?" James inquired. Austin Baxt didn't seem like the kind of professor who would care to organize a welcoming party for his house members, so that didn't actually surprise him. "I can introduce you to Lucy and Wade Malfoy if you want. They're really nice." he suggested.

"Oh, I just have some time before my Defence Against the Dark Arts lesson. So I came here to read a bit." he admitted, showing the cover of the book he was holding. "How about you?"
Back to top Go down
Aurelia Rosier
Adult
Aurelia Rosier

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Relaxing at the Library   Relaxing at the Library EmptySat Mar 09, 2013 11:42 pm

As James mentioned two names that sounded vaguely familiar, Aurelia tapped her chin thoughtfully, furrowing an eyebrow in concentration. "Lucy and Wade...I think I've met them before. I was here for less than a month last year, just to take a tour and such, and I must have met them then," mused the girl, shrugging her shoulders lightly as her memory failed her. Laughing lightly, she peered closely at the Defence Against the Dark Arts book he had been reading, her gaze flickering swiftly across the cover.

"I see," replied Aurelia as a small smile curved across her scarlet lips. "Well, I was just looking for a quiet place to study actually. And then well.." Here she broke off, hesitating for the slightest of seconds before lowering her voice so that no one could overhear her words, save for James. "I couldn't help but overhear the conversation you were having with Professor Baxt. What was he talking about?" inquired Aurelia, awaiting his response as she watched James closely, her azure eyes filled with curiosity.
Back to top Go down
James Riddle
Adult
James Riddle

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Relaxing at the Library   Relaxing at the Library EmptySun Mar 10, 2013 8:59 pm

Before answering her question, he cautiously glanced around, but there was no sign of Professor Baxt. "He acted pretty weird" James admitted, lowering his voice nevertheless. "He asked to see the book I was reading, and accused me of hiding something." he added with a confused look on his face. "Apparently, he was looking for some powerful book hidden somewhere around here. Have you ever heard of it?"
Back to top Go down
Aurelia Rosier
Adult
Aurelia Rosier

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Relaxing at the Library   Relaxing at the Library EmptySun Mar 10, 2013 9:17 pm

Aurelia couldn't help but let out a small laugh at James' words, before clamping a hand over her mouth in horror, hoping that she hadn't offended him in any way. "That's quite strange," murmured the girl after a few seconds, arching a brow in amusement. After all, it seemed rather irrational for a student in a library to be reading anything other than what was required for their scholwork, much less to be hiding something in said book. His next statement, however, piqued her interest in the subject and she found herself leaning forward, in spite of herself.

"An all-powerful book?" echoed Aurelia, her azure eyes widening with curiosity. "No I haven't," admitted the girl, blushing sheepishly. "Should I have? I hope it's not something we were supposed to learn about in History of Magic, because..." Her voice trailed off as she considered the possibility of there being such a book hidden within the recesses of the library, though she had no idea where it might be concealed, if it even existed in the first place.
Back to top Go down
Sydney Hale
Adult
Sydney Hale

My Character
Activity: Ravenclaw - Year 2, Zonko's Joke Shop Worker

PostSubject: Re: Relaxing at the Library   Relaxing at the Library EmptyMon Mar 11, 2013 12:33 am

Sydney rushed into the library and ran for the defense against the dark arts section. She had to learn this spell by Monday, or she was screwed. She saw the book she needed on the top shelf and reached for it. Too high. She jumped and reached but still couldnt get it. “Arggghh!!!” She groaned as she tried to reach the book. She stomped her foot and started pouting. She looked around for someone to help, but didn’t see anyone. She had left her wand in her hurry to get her. She kept trying to reach the book but with no luck.
Back to top Go down
James Riddle
Adult
James Riddle

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Relaxing at the Library   Relaxing at the Library EmptyTue Mar 12, 2013 6:53 pm

James couldn't help smiling as he saw the Slytherin's azure eyes widen with curiosity. Aurelia seemed fascinated with mysteries, just like him. Her question about History of Magic suddenly made him recall the Lost Library that Aurora and him were trying to learn more about. Perhaps the book Professor Baxt mentioned had something to do with the old legend. For a moment, he considered sharing his thoughts with Aurelia, but he realized he still didn't know her well enough.

Hesitating for a second, he wondered what he should reply, as he always avoided lying when it was possible. Just as he opened his mouth, he heard a loud groan not far from them, followed by a stomping sound. "What was that?" he inquired, relieved he could change the subject.
Back to top Go down
Sydney Hale
Adult
Sydney Hale

My Character
Activity: Ravenclaw - Year 2, Zonko's Joke Shop Worker

PostSubject: Re: Relaxing at the Library   Relaxing at the Library EmptyTue Mar 12, 2013 8:19 pm

“Cant.. reach… the… stupid… book!” Sydney muttered each time she jumped for the book. “This is beyond messed up!!!” She went for a chair and saw James across the room. She ran over and grabbed his arm. “James, can you help me? Please????? I cant reach a book.” She did her puppy eyes and batted her eyelashes. “Please!?”
Back to top Go down
James Riddle
Adult
James Riddle

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Relaxing at the Library   Relaxing at the Library EmptyTue Mar 12, 2013 11:15 pm

Before Aurelia could reply, Sydney approached and grabbed his arm. "Yes, sure." he replied as the Ravenclaw asked him for help. Upon flashing an apologetic glance at Aurelia, he followed her to the other side of the library. "So, which one is it?" he inquired when they arrived.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Relaxing at the Library   Relaxing at the Library Empty

Back to top Go down

Relaxing at the Library
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next