Live the Magic!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
The Admins
Fast Links
Current time
SPRING
Year: 2034
Term: 13
Month: March

Term 13 until TBA
House Points
Chat Box
Vote For Us
Affiliates
Photobucket Shadowplay HOS The Beginning Magical World of Harry Potter THE GIRL IS DANGEROUS Hogwarts Academy

Click here to affiliate!
Latest topics
» Chances (Ariel)
[Astronomy Professor App] - Eponine Fortescue EmptySat May 28, 2016 11:34 pm by Ariel Wilde

» HUGE REALLY VERY IMPORTANT UPDATE - PLEASE READ
[Astronomy Professor App] - Eponine Fortescue EmptySat May 21, 2016 11:40 pm by Hunter VanDerberg

» Sunny Afternoon (Open to Anyone)
[Astronomy Professor App] - Eponine Fortescue EmptyFri May 20, 2016 6:58 am by Marielle Prince

» An Unfortunate Accident (Open)
[Astronomy Professor App] - Eponine Fortescue EmptyMon May 16, 2016 2:41 am by Marielle Prince

» Marielle Aveline Prince
[Astronomy Professor App] - Eponine Fortescue EmptySun May 15, 2016 8:57 pm by Sky

» Claim a Face
[Astronomy Professor App] - Eponine Fortescue EmptySun May 15, 2016 8:08 am by Marielle Prince

» AFFILIATE HERE
[Astronomy Professor App] - Eponine Fortescue EmptyMon May 09, 2016 2:42 am by Ariadne O'Rieley

» My charries need something fot their life (a plots)
[Astronomy Professor App] - Eponine Fortescue EmptyWed May 04, 2016 8:10 am by Jessica Kim

» The Gif Game 2.0
[Astronomy Professor App] - Eponine Fortescue EmptyTue May 03, 2016 7:39 am by Humphrey Williams

» A Dying Trade (one of JETTS characters)
[Astronomy Professor App] - Eponine Fortescue EmptyMon May 02, 2016 12:25 am by Augustus Beckett

» Wild Child [Ariadne]
[Astronomy Professor App] - Eponine Fortescue EmptySun May 01, 2016 6:01 am by Ariadne O'Rieley

» History Of Magic Application
[Astronomy Professor App] - Eponine Fortescue EmptyFri Apr 22, 2016 9:41 pm by Morgana Gaunt

» Semi - Activity Check!
[Astronomy Professor App] - Eponine Fortescue EmptyFri Apr 22, 2016 11:56 am by Hunter VanDerberg

» EVELYN'S "DRAWINGS"
[Astronomy Professor App] - Eponine Fortescue EmptySun Apr 17, 2016 10:30 pm by Morgana Gaunt

» I Won't Say I'm In Love (closed-one shot)
[Astronomy Professor App] - Eponine Fortescue EmptySun Apr 17, 2016 5:18 pm by Miranda Cunningham

[Astronomy Professor App] - Eponine Fortescue

Go down 
AuthorMessage

[Astronomy Professor App] - Eponine Fortescue Empty
PostSubject: [Astronomy Professor App] - Eponine Fortescue   [Astronomy Professor App] - Eponine Fortescue EmptySat Jan 19, 2013 9:12 am

Your Full Name: Eponine Ashley Fortescue

School where you graduated: Hogwarts (Hufflepuff House)

Subject you are applying for: Astronomy

Why do you want to become a professor? Because I am great with kids and I know how to keep a class interesting, yet still in order. I'm also the Flying professor, and although term hasn't started yet, I'm having fun planning the lessons for that, and feel confident that I can handle both classes.

Why you have chosen this subject? Besides the fact a professor is needed for it right now, Astronomy was a class I did well in, even achieving an OWL in it. Although I dropped it after OWL year, it was purely voluntary. As I earned an O an that particular OWL, I was asked many times why I dropped it, as I certainly knew my stuff. I only dropped it because I didn't need it for the career I was considering at the time.

Have you applied for any professions yet? Nope.

Will you be able to post 1 to 2 lessons/month minimum? I am able to post however many lessons I am required to, and more.

Do you have any previous experience in this field? Like I said above, I achieved an O in the OWL for it, and knew may NEWT-level information about it as early as OWL year.

Role Playing Example(minimum 350 words ; Describe teaching your first class)
Eponine stood out on the Quidditch pitch with a smile on her face, waiting patiently for her first years to arrive. As soon as they did, Eponine got straight into teaching. After passing out enough of the school brooms so that each student had one, she dove straight into the lesson.

“All right class, my name is Professor Fortescue. What you hold in your hands are broomsticks. They are the only mode of magical transportation that cannot be sensed by the Trace. Other transportation modes, such as the Floo Network and Apparation, can. Therefore, it is essential to learn how to hold your own on a broomstick. You never know when you will need to make a getaway with being Traced, and until you lot turn of age, this will be your main mode of transportation anyway.”

Eponine looked around at the sea of faces, sensing many emotions, from excitement to fear. “Now don't worry; You all are perfectly safe, and no one has died from learning how to ride a broomstick. Now I want you all to place your broomsticks on the ground on your left side, with the bristles pointing behind you.”

She waited until everyone had done what she said, then continued with the next set of instructions. “All right, now everyone hover your hands over your broomstick, and yell- very firmly- UP!” As she said this, she demonstrated it herself, and her broom flew immediately in her hands.

Eager to do the same, her students tried to copy her, some with hilarious results. About half the class succeeded, but the other half had results everywhere from the broom plain-out ignoring them to the brooms rolling away from their temporary owners.

Smothering a grin, Eponine called out, “All right, that's enough for today, class! Not bad for your first times! Next class, we'll actually be learning to fly them. Homework: practice sounding confident and firm when yelling “up”, and turn in a short essay and tell me your strengths and weaknesses regarding this class. Dismissed!”

Feeling that her first class had gone splendidly, Eponine headed back to the castle to relax for a few hours before lunch.

I just put my Flying Professor app RP, since it was accepted, so I know it was approved.
Back to top Go down

[Astronomy Professor App] - Eponine Fortescue
Page 1 of 1