Live the Magic!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
The Admins
Fast Links
Current time
SPRING
Year: 2034
Term: 13
Month: March

Term 13 until TBA
House Points
Chat Box
Vote For Us
Affiliates
Photobucket Shadowplay HOS The Beginning Magical World of Harry Potter THE GIRL IS DANGEROUS Hogwarts Academy

Click here to affiliate!
Latest topics
» Chances (Ariel)
Astronomy Lesson I EmptySat May 28, 2016 11:34 pm by Ariel Wilde

» HUGE REALLY VERY IMPORTANT UPDATE - PLEASE READ
Astronomy Lesson I EmptySat May 21, 2016 11:40 pm by Hunter VanDerberg

» Sunny Afternoon (Open to Anyone)
Astronomy Lesson I EmptyFri May 20, 2016 6:58 am by Marielle Prince

» An Unfortunate Accident (Open)
Astronomy Lesson I EmptyMon May 16, 2016 2:41 am by Marielle Prince

» Marielle Aveline Prince
Astronomy Lesson I EmptySun May 15, 2016 8:57 pm by Sky

» Claim a Face
Astronomy Lesson I EmptySun May 15, 2016 8:08 am by Marielle Prince

» AFFILIATE HERE
Astronomy Lesson I EmptyMon May 09, 2016 2:42 am by Ariadne O'Rieley

» My charries need something fot their life (a plots)
Astronomy Lesson I EmptyWed May 04, 2016 8:10 am by Jessica Kim

» The Gif Game 2.0
Astronomy Lesson I EmptyTue May 03, 2016 7:39 am by Humphrey Williams

» A Dying Trade (one of JETTS characters)
Astronomy Lesson I EmptyMon May 02, 2016 12:25 am by Augustus Beckett

» Wild Child [Ariadne]
Astronomy Lesson I EmptySun May 01, 2016 6:01 am by Ariadne O'Rieley

» History Of Magic Application
Astronomy Lesson I EmptyFri Apr 22, 2016 9:41 pm by Morgana Gaunt

» Semi - Activity Check!
Astronomy Lesson I EmptyFri Apr 22, 2016 11:56 am by Hunter VanDerberg

» EVELYN'S "DRAWINGS"
Astronomy Lesson I EmptySun Apr 17, 2016 10:30 pm by Morgana Gaunt

» I Won't Say I'm In Love (closed-one shot)
Astronomy Lesson I EmptySun Apr 17, 2016 5:18 pm by Miranda Cunningham

Astronomy Lesson I

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

Astronomy Lesson I Empty
PostSubject: Astronomy Lesson I   Astronomy Lesson I EmptySun Jul 22, 2012 10:22 pm

Professor Geo enters the classroom and sits on the chair next to his desk waiting for the students to arrive. One by one they started entering the classroom.

Professor Geo looks at his students and tells them "Hello students. I'm Professor Geo, now let me ask all of you, have you ever gone into your yard at night, or been at a park or campsite and looked up at the sky to see all the stars? Have you ever really wondered how big the galaxy is? Wondered how the stars, planets, and moons all have their perfect spot in the sky and know how to stay in place? This school year we will examine space and the objects that live there to the fullest extent."

"Can anyone tell me What is Astronomy"
Back to top Go down

Astronomy Lesson I Empty
PostSubject: Re: Astronomy Lesson I   Astronomy Lesson I EmptyMon Jul 23, 2012 12:28 am

Dennis was trying to control his breathing after climbing all those staircases that lead to the Astronomy classroom, located on the very top of the tallest tower in Hogwarts castle. Surprisingly he was the first student to reach the classroom. The first thing he notice after entering the classroom was Professor Geo, the Gryffindor Head Teacher. So he teaches Astronomy! What a pleasant surprise!", Dennis thought. He smile to the good-looking teacher and said: " Good evening Professor Geo!".

Dennis sat on the first row, eager to know what Professor Geo had prepared for their first lesson. When all the students had arrived Professor Juarez asked if they have ever wondered about the skies. Dennis couldn't deny it, he have always looked to the sky in awe. After letting the students reflect on his words, Professor Geo asked: "Can anyone tell me What is Astronomy". Dennis raised his arm, and said: " Sir, I believe that Astronomy is the Magical subject that studies the universe, the objects that live in there and their influence on our world."

Back to top Go down

Astronomy Lesson I Empty
PostSubject: Re: Astronomy Lesson I   Astronomy Lesson I EmptyMon Jul 23, 2012 1:36 am

Kennedy stops to catch her breath before entering the class. There were so many stairs to get up there; it was such a tall tower. She wasn’t late at least; maybe running up all of the stairs did pay off. Walking into the class she took a seat towards the middle. She didn’t like the back, or the front. She listened to Professor Geo speak.

She hadn’t really ever thought about the sky or space like that before. The whole astronomy subject was a little foreign to her, but that’s why she was now interested. When he asked about what Astronomy was she thought about what her parents may have briefly mentioned to her…it wasn’t much, but it was an answer, “Doesn’t Astronomy have to do with space and the things out there in the universe? If I recall correctly, Muggles have a similar learning of it.” Yeah, that was all she got. Most of it was really based off what he had mentioned of them learning this school year. The Muggle thing she had heard from her parents, surprisingly she remembered.
Back to top Go down

Astronomy Lesson I Empty
PostSubject: Re: Astronomy Lesson I   Astronomy Lesson I EmptyMon Jul 23, 2012 8:26 am

Aurora raced up the stairs to the Astronomy Tower. She hoped she wasn't late, but the stairs were so tall she didn't know how long it would take her to get there. A few students were already there, and Aurora sat down in an empty seat. Then Professor Juarez began talking. Aurora remembered him from the Sorting Ceremony.

"Hello students. I'm Professor Geo, now let me ask all of you, have you ever gone into your yard at night, or been at a park or campsite and looked up at the sky to see all the stars? Have you ever really wondered how big the galaxy is? Wondered how the stars, planets, and moons all have their perfect spot in the sky and know how to stay in place? This school year we will examine space and the objects that live there to the fullest extent. Can anyone tell me what Astronomy is?"

Two students Aurora had not met yet answered. A Gryffindor boy said, "Sir, I believe that Astronomy is the Magical subject that studies the universe, the objects that live in there and their influence on our world." Aurroa was impressed, that was along the lines of what she was going to answer, but now that somebody had said it, she would stay quiet.

Next, a Hufflepuff girl answered, “Doesn’t Astronomy have to do with space and the things out there in the universe? If I recall correctly, Muggles have a similar learning of it.” Another good answer. Aurora pulled out her notebook and quill pen and readied to write down the answers.
Back to top Go down
James Riddle
Adult
James Riddle

My Character
::
Activity: Adult

Astronomy Lesson I Empty
PostSubject: Re: Astronomy Lesson I   Astronomy Lesson I EmptyMon Jul 23, 2012 3:06 pm

After climbing up the countless stairs leading to the Astronomy Tower, James entered the classroom. There were already several students there, along with Professor Juarez who was sitting at his desk. James silently took a seat and readied everything he needed for the lesson. Examining the room, he wondered if astronomy classes would mainly consist of learning about the universe in theory, or if they would also have the opportunity to observe the skies themselves. After all, a telescope was among the supplies required for first year students.

After everyone had arrived, Professor Geo introduced the subject and asked them what astronomy actually was. James already had some basic knowledge about the subject, since he had always loved reading and some of the books he possessed were about stars and planets. However, he was unsure whether the perception of astronomy in the Muggle world was identical to the one wizards had. Maybe even celestial bodies had magical characteristics that Muggles didn't know about.

As usual, James let the others answer the teacher's question. Dennis Diggle, his teammate from Defence Against the Dark Arts, and the Hufflepuff girl who was late for the same class, both gave their definitions of astronomy. It was more or less what James would have said as well. Waiting for Professor Geo's reaction, he plunged the tip of his quill into ink.
Back to top Go down
Lucy Malfoy
Adult
Lucy Malfoy

My Character
Activity: Slytherin Alumni, Auror, Flying Professor

Astronomy Lesson I Empty
PostSubject: Re: Astronomy Lesson I   Astronomy Lesson I EmptyMon Jul 23, 2012 8:23 pm

Lucy reached the final steps of the staircase that lead to the Astronomy Tower and entered Professor Geo's classroom, looking around for familiar faces. She saw a lot of them, but decided to sit near the Hufflepuff girl that had arrived late. As she sat down, Lucy smiled at her.

Professor Geo introduced the first lesson and asked about the real definition of astrology. In all honesty, she was not exactly sure what astrology was. She had an idea, but not the real definition. Lucy waited patiently for the other students to answer him. She heard the Gryffindor boy, Dennis, answer the question, followed by the Hufflepuff next to her. Silently, she took out her notebook and started writing down what they had said, so she could later refer to those notes if they had homework.
Back to top Go down
Wade Malfoy
Admin
Admin
Wade Malfoy

My Character
Activity: Dark Wizard

Astronomy Lesson I Empty
PostSubject: Re: Astronomy Lesson I   Astronomy Lesson I EmptyMon Jul 23, 2012 8:46 pm

Wade walked up the stairs to the Astronomy Tower. He wondered, how in the world did they come up with such a long staircase?!
He had been walking behind a Ravenclaw boy, and that is really how he found the class. As he entered, he saw the teacher. He introduced himself as Professor Geo, and after a talk about going out at night and looking at the stars, he asked them what astronomy was. Wade stayed quiet. He knew what it was, but he was a bit shy in the class. This was his first day after all, and he still didn't know many people. Lucy entered the room, and Wade wanted to wave at her, but he stopped himself, as a Gryffindor boy was talking, and it would be rude to him to interrupt.
Back to top Go down

Astronomy Lesson I Empty
PostSubject: Re: Astronomy Lesson I   Astronomy Lesson I EmptyMon Jul 23, 2012 9:19 pm

After a while of being caught on all of the moving staircases, Keith finally found the Astronomy classroom. Walking in, he noticed a few of the students had already arrive, a few of them, he knew from previous classes. Keith took his seat, waiting for class to begin.

"Hello students. I'm Professor Geo, now let me ask all of you, have you ever gone into your yard at night, or been at a park or campsite and looked up at the sky to see all the stars? Have you ever really wondered how big the galaxy is? Wondered how the stars, planets, and moons all have their perfect spot in the sky and know how to stay in place? This school year we will examine space and the objects that live there to the fullest extent. Can anyone tell me What is Astronomy?" Professor Geo asked the class.

Keith thought to himself for a second. What was Astronomy? Keith raised his hand. "Sir, I believe that Astronomy is the study of the sun, moon, stars, planets and other objects in space." He answered. He had heard quite a few good answers from other students, as well.
Back to top Go down
Kim Frey
Admin
Admin
Kim Frey

My Character
Activity: Slytherin - Year 3, Radio Worker

Astronomy Lesson I Empty
PostSubject: Re: Astronomy Lesson I   Astronomy Lesson I EmptySat Jul 28, 2012 12:22 am

Kim approached the long stairs where their Astronomy class will be held. After some moments, she finally saw the door and opened it at quiet as possible. Fortunately, she is not alone at this time. Students are already inside with the professor seating in front. Finally, the class started.

"Hello students. I'm Professor Geo, now let me ask all of you, have you ever gone into your yard at night, or been at a park or campsite and looked up at the sky to see all the stars? Have you ever really wondered how big the galaxy is? Wondered how the stars, planets, and moons all have their perfect spot in the sky and know how to stay in place? This school year we will examine space and the objects that live there to the fullest extent." Professor Geo said.

"Can anyone tell me What is Astronomy?" He added.

After asking the question, three students immediately answered, trying to gather some points. Kim took her parchment and wrote the necessary information that is being said. When everyone was done, she decided that answering this question won't do any harm. She raised her hand and waited for the professor to allow her to speak. She finally said, "Astronomy is a study of the celestial objects, that is anything that is existing outside this planet."
Back to top Go down
http://thedrunktrain.blogspot.com
Lucy Malfoy
Adult
Lucy Malfoy

My Character

Astronomy Lesson I Empty
PostSubject: Re: Astronomy Lesson I   Astronomy Lesson I EmptyWed Aug 01, 2012 3:01 am

As more students answered, she jotted down all their words. She payed careful attention to them, and began to wonder whether or not Astronomy would come in handy for her, as she wished to become an auror. Slowly, she raised her hand, and this time, she waited for Professor Geo to acknowledge her, and give her permission to speak.
Back to top Go down

Astronomy Lesson I Empty
PostSubject: Re: Astronomy Lesson I   Astronomy Lesson I EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 5:27 am

Professor Geo listens to all the students one by one. Professor Geo is excited how everyone seems to know what his subject is all about. Geo looks at Dennis Diggle and tells him "You were the first to respond correctly, so 5 points are awarded to Gryffindor!"

"What is astronomy? Astronomy is the scientific study of celestial objects such as stars, planets, comets, and galaxies and the objects that originate outside the Earth's atmosphere. Astronomy has become one of the oldest sciences. Astronomers of early years used to performed observations of the night sky. Looking to what they could find, objects they could see, and trying to figure out how everything stayed into place. There have even been artifacts that have been found from much earlier time periods. However, the invention of the telescope was required before astronomy was able to develop into what we know it as today. Astronomers have long shed the image of old en with long white beards."

Professor Geo walks around the classroom as he talks "Our view of the sky is not fixed. It changes as time passes, from hour to hour and day to day. Stars and planets are visible at some times, but absent at others. There is so much to discover by watching our sky."

"Since the 20th century, the professional field of astronomy was split into two branches; the observational and theoretical branches. Observational astronomy focuses on acquiring and analyzing data, mainly using basic principles of physics. Theoretical astronomy is oriented towards the development of computer or analytical models to describe astronomical objects. The two fields complement each other, with theoretical astronomy seeking to explain the observational results, and observations being used to confirm theoretical results. "

Professor Geo looks at his students and asks them "So,.. what do you think of this subject so far? Do you find it boring, exciting...?"
Back to top Go down

Astronomy Lesson I Empty
PostSubject: Re: Astronomy Lesson I   Astronomy Lesson I EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 1:56 pm

"So,.. what do you think of this subject so far? Do you find it boring, exciting...?" the Professor asked. Keith smiled and raised his hand. "This is definitely one of my favourite subjects." He answered. And that was the truth. He liked many of the other subjects, such as Defence Against the Dark Arts and Potions, but Astronomy really stuck out to him.
Back to top Go down
James Riddle
Adult
James Riddle

My Character
Activity: Adult

Astronomy Lesson I Empty
PostSubject: Re: Astronomy Lesson I   Astronomy Lesson I EmptySat Aug 04, 2012 5:56 am

Professor Geo continued describing the subject in general and finished by asking them their first impression about his class. James had always liked science, and astronomy as one of its particular branch. As far as the the teacher was concerned, he seemed friendly and his lectures looked interesting, even though it was still too early to reach a solid conclusion. James kept these thoughts to himself and listened to the others give their opinions, starting by Keith who praised the lesson saying that it was one of his favourite ones.
Back to top Go down

Astronomy Lesson I Empty
PostSubject: Re: Astronomy Lesson I   Astronomy Lesson I EmptySat Aug 04, 2012 8:03 am

Aurora scribbled furiously in her notebook, frantically trying to make sense of Professor Geo's talk of telescopes, planets, and observations. He ended the lecture by saying, "So... what do you think of this subject so far? Do you find it boring, exciting...?"

Keith Parker raised his hand and said, "This is definitely one of my favourite subjects."

Aurora didn't really have much to say, so she stayed quiet. James was doing the same, by the looks of it.
Back to top Go down
Lucy Malfoy
Adult
Lucy Malfoy

My Character

Astronomy Lesson I Empty
PostSubject: Re: Astronomy Lesson I   Astronomy Lesson I EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 2:04 am

Given that Professor Geo had not noticed her yet, Lucy went back to writing his words down.
"So...what do you think of this subject so far? Do you find it boring, exciting...?" Professor Geo's voice broke her concentration. Lucy thought for a while, but a Gryffindor spoke, and she lost her train of thought.
"This is definitely one of my favourite subjects," the boy answered. He seemed familiar, and quite smart.
Lucy raised her hand, "Professor? Sorry to interrupt, but I was wondering, do you have a lesson planned about constellations?" she said, but as soon as she finished, she added, "Oh, and I do find your class to be quite interesting." and with that, she was quiet.
Back to top Go down
Kim Frey
Admin
Admin
Kim Frey

My Character
Activity: Slytherin - Year 3, Radio Worker

Astronomy Lesson I Empty
PostSubject: Re: Astronomy Lesson I   Astronomy Lesson I EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 4:50 pm

Professor Geo looks at his students and asks them "So,.. what do you think of this subject so far? Do you find it boring, exciting...?"

Kim, for the first time, tried to realize her thoughts towards the subject. She do know that what the subject is, remembering her same subject on her muggle school. This might be interesting on my part, being a muggle-born, putting an additional variable of magic in the equation, she murmured to herself quietly.
Back to top Go down
http://thedrunktrain.blogspot.com
Sponsored content

Astronomy Lesson I Empty
PostSubject: Re: Astronomy Lesson I   Astronomy Lesson I Empty

Back to top Go down

Astronomy Lesson I
Page 1 of 1