Live the Magic!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
The Admins
Fast Links
Current time
SPRING
Year: 2034
Term: 13
Month: March

Term 13 until TBA
House Points
Chat Box
Vote For Us
Affiliates
Photobucket Shadowplay HOS The Beginning Magical World of Harry Potter THE GIRL IS DANGEROUS Hogwarts Academy

Click here to affiliate!
Latest topics
» Chances (Ariel)
Career Advice (Open to 5th, 6th and 7th  year Gryffindors) EmptySat May 28, 2016 11:34 pm by Ariel Wilde

» HUGE REALLY VERY IMPORTANT UPDATE - PLEASE READ
Career Advice (Open to 5th, 6th and 7th  year Gryffindors) EmptySat May 21, 2016 11:40 pm by Hunter VanDerberg

» Sunny Afternoon (Open to Anyone)
Career Advice (Open to 5th, 6th and 7th  year Gryffindors) EmptyFri May 20, 2016 6:58 am by Marielle Prince

» An Unfortunate Accident (Open)
Career Advice (Open to 5th, 6th and 7th  year Gryffindors) EmptyMon May 16, 2016 2:41 am by Marielle Prince

» Marielle Aveline Prince
Career Advice (Open to 5th, 6th and 7th  year Gryffindors) EmptySun May 15, 2016 8:57 pm by Sky

» Claim a Face
Career Advice (Open to 5th, 6th and 7th  year Gryffindors) EmptySun May 15, 2016 8:08 am by Marielle Prince

» AFFILIATE HERE
Career Advice (Open to 5th, 6th and 7th  year Gryffindors) EmptyMon May 09, 2016 2:42 am by Ariadne O'Rieley

» My charries need something fot their life (a plots)
Career Advice (Open to 5th, 6th and 7th  year Gryffindors) EmptyWed May 04, 2016 8:10 am by Jessica Kim

» The Gif Game 2.0
Career Advice (Open to 5th, 6th and 7th  year Gryffindors) EmptyTue May 03, 2016 7:39 am by Humphrey Williams

» A Dying Trade (one of JETTS characters)
Career Advice (Open to 5th, 6th and 7th  year Gryffindors) EmptyMon May 02, 2016 12:25 am by Augustus Beckett

» Wild Child [Ariadne]
Career Advice (Open to 5th, 6th and 7th  year Gryffindors) EmptySun May 01, 2016 6:01 am by Ariadne O'Rieley

» History Of Magic Application
Career Advice (Open to 5th, 6th and 7th  year Gryffindors) EmptyFri Apr 22, 2016 9:41 pm by Morgana Gaunt

» Semi - Activity Check!
Career Advice (Open to 5th, 6th and 7th  year Gryffindors) EmptyFri Apr 22, 2016 11:56 am by Hunter VanDerberg

» EVELYN'S "DRAWINGS"
Career Advice (Open to 5th, 6th and 7th  year Gryffindors) EmptySun Apr 17, 2016 10:30 pm by Morgana Gaunt

» I Won't Say I'm In Love (closed-one shot)
Career Advice (Open to 5th, 6th and 7th  year Gryffindors) EmptySun Apr 17, 2016 5:18 pm by Miranda Cunningham

Career Advice (Open to 5th, 6th and 7th year Gryffindors)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Lucia Henley

Lucia Henley

My Character
::
Activity: Adult, Potions Professor

Career Advice (Open to 5th, 6th and 7th  year Gryffindors) Empty
PostSubject: Career Advice (Open to 5th, 6th and 7th year Gryffindors)   Career Advice (Open to 5th, 6th and 7th  year Gryffindors) EmptySat Dec 21, 2013 11:08 am

Lucia was tripping back and forth in her office, having researched everything that could be of importance to the students. She wanted to make sure they were somewhat certain of what they would be doing after leaving Hogwarts. Their future would be safe, no matter though. Most of them had somewhere to go if it wasn't safe. And if they didn't, well… She'd be there for them. She wasn't exactly the person who would turn her back on her own students.

She sighed and stopped the pacing. She had to relax. Honestly. Of course they would be okay. Her students were all brilliant! And she wasn't just talking about brilliant in the academic sense. They knew stuff. They were socially smart and seemed to quickly adapt. She had to smile. She was pretty proud of them. That thought calmed her, and she finally managed to sit down behind her desk, in a patient silence.

((I figure this can work with being a meeting for everyone first, and if the students would want it, I will take single ones as well))
Back to top Go down
Shah Chelsea Hazel
Admin
Admin
Shah Chelsea Hazel

My Character
Activity: Adult, Trainee Auror

PostSubject: Re: Career Advice (Open to 5th, 6th and 7th year Gryffindors)   Career Advice (Open to 5th, 6th and 7th  year Gryffindors) EmptyTue Dec 24, 2013 6:38 am

Shah knocked on the Potion teacher's door. Since she had nothing to do -- she was not in a state to attend classes -- she decided to go for the Career Advice.

She had absolutely no idea what she wanted to do when she left Hogwarts. There was nothing that particularly interested her. At least, nothing about which she knew. So, best to take help from professors if she didn't want to end up as a bartender somewhere working full time. That would be such a disgrace to her house and her family.

That word brought tears in her eyes. Family. She had none. But this was not the time to cry over lost things. She was going in through that door to start deciding what she was going to do in the future. And maybe in the future -- a distant future -- she could have a family.

Besides all that emotion -- which she didn't like to feel -- she had nothing to tell the Professor, nothing that would help the teacher to help Shah to choose a career. But she went in anyway.
Back to top Go down
Lucia Henley

Lucia Henley

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Career Advice (Open to 5th, 6th and 7th year Gryffindors)   Career Advice (Open to 5th, 6th and 7th  year Gryffindors) EmptyWed Dec 25, 2013 1:07 am

Lucia looked up when a knock came to her door. She smiled and rose from her desk, walking swiftly over to the door. She opened it and saw Shah standing there. At first, she smiled at the girl, about to step aside and give her some room, but then she saw an emptiness in the girl's eyes. Her brows instantly furrowed in worry.

"Step on inside," Lucia said, her tone soft. She stepped aside herself and closed the door after Shah entered and then sat down on the other side of her desk. She looked across the table at Shah, her hand gesturing for the girl to take a seat. Shah's eyes were a bit shiny. Either the girl was sick or she was sad. Lucia guessed on the latter, considering her face was a rather nice color.

"Miss Hazel, are you all right?" Lucia then asked, looking solemnly at the sixth year student.
Back to top Go down
Shah Chelsea Hazel
Admin
Admin
Shah Chelsea Hazel

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Career Advice (Open to 5th, 6th and 7th year Gryffindors)   Career Advice (Open to 5th, 6th and 7th  year Gryffindors) EmptyWed Dec 25, 2013 6:18 am

Shah smiled at the teacher. She entered the room, leaving all her sad thoughts at the door. Shah sat down across the teacher and looked around.

She'd never been the potions teacher's office before. She couldn't imagine what it could have been like when James Wayne (her potions teacher whom she loathed in her 1st year) was here. The place was warm and inviting, but maybe that was because of Professor Henley. Shah knew she was the head of Gryffindor, but she didn't really know the lady.

When the teacher asked, Shah just shook her head. "I'm fine, professor. Thank you." She smiled. "So, the careers. I have to say, professor, I have no idea what to do."
Back to top Go down
Lucia Henley

Lucia Henley

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Career Advice (Open to 5th, 6th and 7th year Gryffindors)   Career Advice (Open to 5th, 6th and 7th  year Gryffindors) EmptyWed Dec 25, 2013 4:32 pm

It seemed that when Shah entered the room, she seemed to leave her emotions behind. She seemed much calmer and a bit happier now. Lucia was glad of this and quickly decided to use this time, not only to help Shah with her future, but also to get to know her a bit more. Becoming Head of Gryffindor did put more responsibility on Lucia's shoulders, but it was a responsibility she was glad to have; she just needed to play more on it.

Even though Shah did seem genuinely more at ease, Lucia knew she wasn't 'fine', but she also decided to not push the girl and gave a nod instead. "All right then," she said softly. She gave a smile back and then sighed. "Yeah, not many do. So, let's start from the bottom, maybe? What lessons do you take here at Hogwarts?" she asked, preparing a paper to write on.
Back to top Go down
Shah Chelsea Hazel
Admin
Admin
Shah Chelsea Hazel

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Career Advice (Open to 5th, 6th and 7th year Gryffindors)   Career Advice (Open to 5th, 6th and 7th  year Gryffindors) EmptyFri Dec 27, 2013 3:57 am

Shah nodded. She didn't know why, but she did. She got ready to start. "Okay, well, I used to take Charms, Defence Against the Dark Arts, Herbology. Well, those were the ones that I liked the most."

Shah didn't mention that she didn't like potions. Because she was talking to a potions professor. But right now, she told herself, she was talking to the Head of her House. And she had to honest. "But...I don't really like Potions much."
Back to top Go down
Ryland Malfoy
Adult
Ryland Malfoy

My Character
Activity: Gryffindor Alumni, Owner of Glass House, Care of Magical Creatures Professor

PostSubject: Re: Career Advice (Open to 5th, 6th and 7th year Gryffindors)   Career Advice (Open to 5th, 6th and 7th  year Gryffindors) EmptySat Dec 28, 2013 11:07 pm

Career Advice, Career Advice. Ryland repeated in his mind as he walked up to the Professor Henley's office. As their Head of House, she was to talk to them about their future and help them make the right choices. Or something like that. He was rather confident about this meeting, knowing already what he wanted to do. He had three options, and they all seemed pretty promising considering his grades and school work. Ryland was too excited to realize that there was already some one inside the office, having a discussion with Professor Henley, that he opened the door rather harshly.

"Uh, I'm sorry." Ryland said, unsure of what to do next. Damn this new confidence.
Back to top Go down
Lucia Henley

Lucia Henley

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Career Advice (Open to 5th, 6th and 7th year Gryffindors)   Career Advice (Open to 5th, 6th and 7th  year Gryffindors) EmptySun Dec 29, 2013 4:34 pm

Lucia gave a chuckle at Shah saying she wasn't that fond of Potions. "That's just fine, don't worry. I can't expect everyone to like that subject just because I teach it," she said with a shrug. She wrote down the three subjects Shah did take and tilted her head, just about to ask another question when the door to her office was opened.

Lucia raised half an eyebrow when Ryland basically burst through the door, and then suddenly looked pretty apologetic. "That's okay, Mr. Malfoy, take a seat. But next time, maybe knock?" she suggested with a twinkle in her eyes. She then turned back to Shah. "We're discussing subjects and what sort of interest we have," Lucia simply said and looked at Ryland. "So, to keep you up to speed, what sort of subjects do you take, Mr. Malfoy, and which do you like the best?" she asked.
Back to top Go down
Ryland Malfoy
Adult
Ryland Malfoy

My Character
Activity: Gryffindor Alumni, Owner of Glass House, Care of Magical Creatures Professor

PostSubject: Re: Career Advice (Open to 5th, 6th and 7th year Gryffindors)   Career Advice (Open to 5th, 6th and 7th  year Gryffindors) EmptySun Jan 19, 2014 4:06 am

His cheeks flushing with embarrassment, Ryland simply nodded and took a seat and tried to think about his classes. "Um," he began, a sudden lump in his throat. "I take Care of Magical Creatures....Potions, DADA, Divination, Herbology, Charms, Transfiguration...." he said, the words suddenly spilling rapidly, the way Aylee did sometimes. I am thinking too much about her. "I like Care of Magical Creatures and Potions the best. Even though your class frustrates me, I like the challenge. And Divination is pretty easy, so I'm not exactly fond of it."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Career Advice (Open to 5th, 6th and 7th year Gryffindors)   Career Advice (Open to 5th, 6th and 7th  year Gryffindors) Empty

Back to top Go down

Career Advice (Open to 5th, 6th and 7th year Gryffindors)
Page 1 of 1