Live the Magic!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
The Admins
Fast Links
Current time
SPRING
Year: 2034
Term: 13
Month: March

Term 13 until TBA
House Points
Chat Box
Vote For Us
Affiliates
Photobucket Shadowplay HOS The Beginning Magical World of Harry Potter THE GIRL IS DANGEROUS Hogwarts Academy

Click here to affiliate!
Latest topics
» Chances (Ariel)
Never be the same (Lucy) EmptySat May 28, 2016 11:34 pm by Ariel Wilde

» HUGE REALLY VERY IMPORTANT UPDATE - PLEASE READ
Never be the same (Lucy) EmptySat May 21, 2016 11:40 pm by Hunter VanDerberg

» Sunny Afternoon (Open to Anyone)
Never be the same (Lucy) EmptyFri May 20, 2016 6:58 am by Marielle Prince

» An Unfortunate Accident (Open)
Never be the same (Lucy) EmptyMon May 16, 2016 2:41 am by Marielle Prince

» Marielle Aveline Prince
Never be the same (Lucy) EmptySun May 15, 2016 8:57 pm by Sky

» Claim a Face
Never be the same (Lucy) EmptySun May 15, 2016 8:08 am by Marielle Prince

» AFFILIATE HERE
Never be the same (Lucy) EmptyMon May 09, 2016 2:42 am by Ariadne O'Rieley

» My charries need something fot their life (a plots)
Never be the same (Lucy) EmptyWed May 04, 2016 8:10 am by Jessica Kim

» The Gif Game 2.0
Never be the same (Lucy) EmptyTue May 03, 2016 7:39 am by Humphrey Williams

» A Dying Trade (one of JETTS characters)
Never be the same (Lucy) EmptyMon May 02, 2016 12:25 am by Augustus Beckett

» Wild Child [Ariadne]
Never be the same (Lucy) EmptySun May 01, 2016 6:01 am by Ariadne O'Rieley

» History Of Magic Application
Never be the same (Lucy) EmptyFri Apr 22, 2016 9:41 pm by Morgana Gaunt

» Semi - Activity Check!
Never be the same (Lucy) EmptyFri Apr 22, 2016 11:56 am by Hunter VanDerberg

» EVELYN'S "DRAWINGS"
Never be the same (Lucy) EmptySun Apr 17, 2016 10:30 pm by Morgana Gaunt

» I Won't Say I'm In Love (closed-one shot)
Never be the same (Lucy) EmptySun Apr 17, 2016 5:18 pm by Miranda Cunningham

Never be the same (Lucy)

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Never be the same (Lucy) Empty
PostSubject: Never be the same (Lucy)   Never be the same (Lucy) EmptySat Oct 26, 2013 3:56 am

The Slytherin Commons had a lot of old portraits of former Slytherins glaring down from the walls. They were actually pretty neat, because if you sat underneath them while you were doing homework, they'd angrily correct anything you got wrong. People assumed all Slytherins were amoral and that they all cheated, but sometimes cunning came in a different form.

Selwyn was seated there right now, in fact. He was working on some homework from History of Magic, tracing his family tree. The homework for first years was often dull things like this, at least Selwyn found it so.

Other children grew up with stories of wizards with luminous wands and witches with dazzling beauty and so did Selwyn in a way. It just so happened that most of the wizards and witches in his bedtime stories had been real people, his ancestors.

It was hardly surprising, therefore, that the portraits hung silent above his head as he arduously traced his family's lives across several pieces of parchment, his prickly handwriting contrasting starkly to the fine lines linking everyone together.
Back to top Go down
Lucy Malfoy
Adult
Lucy Malfoy

My Character
::
Activity: Slytherin Alumni, Auror, Flying Professor

PostSubject: Re: Never be the same (Lucy)   Never be the same (Lucy) EmptySat Oct 26, 2013 2:55 pm

With nothing else to do after having finished her homework, Lucy grew impatient in her Dormitory. Most of her friends were already outside having fun; Lucy, however, was stuck inside with a headache. At last, she decided to go to the Common Room to see if there was anything posted on the bulletin board for her.

She held her school sweater tightly around her hands, feeling the headache even more now that she was out of the comfort of her bed. As usual, the only note for her was from Professor Clark and that one dated back to her first year at Hogwarts. With a slight groan, she turned around only to catch a quick glance of many of the portraits hovering around a boy who seemed much younger than her.

Upon closer inspection, she identified a family tree. "First year?" Lucy spoke out as she walked towards him and the portraits. "I can't believe they still make you do a family tree." she shook her head, clearly not fond of the assignment.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Never be the same (Lucy)   Never be the same (Lucy) EmptySat Oct 26, 2013 11:12 pm

Selwyn smudged ink across his parchment as his work was interrupted by a voice. He recognised the Malfoy girl when he looked up, who wouldn't recognise that family?

"Why change a winning formula?"

It was more of a remark than a question.

"Besides, it's easy enough for the likes of us. D' you know muggleborns often don't know anything about their ancestry at all? They're the ones you should be feeling sorry for."
Back to top Go down
Lucy Malfoy
Adult
Lucy Malfoy

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Never be the same (Lucy)   Never be the same (Lucy) EmptySun Oct 27, 2013 4:24 am

For a moment Lucy considered apologizing for interrupting, though the look on the boy's face as he looked up made her change her mind.

The way he said us bothered her. It was the fact that he didn't have to ask for her name, but that he knew it with a simple glance. This sort of recognition barely happened nowadays with the large muggle-born and half-blood population.

"I can only feel sorry for the ones who take too much pride in blood. They're narrow-minded and stubborn." She commented, though she suddenly felt the urge to add, "Though of course, I suppose coming from me these words don't have much meaning."

Again, just like in her first year, Lucy felt the cloud of her family name hovering over her head like a neon sign pointing it out everyone around her.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Never be the same (Lucy)   Never be the same (Lucy) EmptySun Oct 27, 2013 5:01 am

Selwyn Thorfinn: Awkwardeer.  It should be his title or something, for every conversation he'd managed to engage anyone in so far this year had been brimming full of awkward.

"We-ell," he said, as though weighing each word he was about to say, "I think it depends what you think pride in blood means.  Pride in where you came from isn't the same as a born to rule attitude and thinking you're incapable of making mistakes."

"Besides, in my experience, the people who think they're born to rule usually have very little idea of what ruling entails," he added.
Back to top Go down
Lucy Malfoy
Adult
Lucy Malfoy

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Never be the same (Lucy)   Never be the same (Lucy) EmptySun Oct 27, 2013 5:07 am

The boy surprised her. At first, she had thought of him as the witty, sarcastic type. Though now she took pride in his slight hesitation of words.

"And where does your blood line fall?" She asked, suddenly realizing she had no idea what the boy's name was. "Because to me, you look like the born-to-rule type. No offense." It was actually a compliment. The young boy had an aura that made her believe he could take over the world if he wanted to.

"I'm Lucy Malfoy by the way." She offered a small smile.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Never be the same (Lucy)   Never be the same (Lucy) EmptySun Oct 27, 2013 5:45 am

Selwyn stopped himself from saying "yes, I know," because he knew how it felt for everyone in the vicinity to know who you were on sight. In fact, Hogwarts was quite the relief for him in that respect.

Instead he offered his hand for her to shake, if she was inclined.

"Selwyn Thorfinn."

"You can see my bloodline for yourself," he pointed to a place near the bottom of the tree. "This is my Grandfather, my mother's father. He was muggleborn, so I am a halfblood in the simplest sense of the word."

He then moved his finger across the page.

"But you see here? That is my Grandmére, and she is a veela. So I'm quarter veela as well, and a lot of people consider that a different kind of halfbreed."

He moved his finger again, this time to one of the other parchments.

"And this, over here, this is my father's family. You can see they've held the Barony of Glencoe for many generations. So technically I was born to rule, but, ah... let's just say actual ruling isn't what most people imagine. It's mostly sorting out problems that people are too stupid or stubborn to sort out for themselves. And a lot of walking around in the mud."

He looked over at her smiled.
Back to top Go down
Lucy Malfoy
Adult
Lucy Malfoy

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Never be the same (Lucy)   Never be the same (Lucy) EmptySun Oct 27, 2013 4:02 pm

Lucy shook his hand and smiled. "Pleased to meet you." Once again, she had judged too quickly.

She leaned closer as she took a seat to have a better view of his family tree. For some reason, she automatically assumed every Slytherin was a pureblood, another mistake on her part.

"Veela." Lucy repeated. "My brother is friends with a veela girl." To her surprise, there were now two known veela students.

Lucy smiled. "So I was right. You are born to rule." She looked over once more, wondering how a family like his would ever result in a half-blood. "I suppose you'll grow up to be the owner of your father's land. Am I right? That kind of thing usually goes to the oldest son, and you don't seem to have any siblings." She glanced at the parchment again. "Are you excited about that?"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Never be the same (Lucy)   Never be the same (Lucy) EmptySun Oct 27, 2013 9:20 pm

Selwyn chuckled.

"Yes, but only through luck of birth," he said. "And besides, most of the things I'd be ruling over are mountains and woods."

"It's not very exciting. I think the exciting part of life happens before you have to be responsible."
Back to top Go down
Lucy Malfoy
Adult
Lucy Malfoy

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Never be the same (Lucy)   Never be the same (Lucy) EmptyMon Oct 28, 2013 8:45 pm

"Better than nothing." Lucy replied.

At that, she let out a laugh. "You're right." She had never truly paid attention to how much fun she was having because she never really needed it. She definitely had friends, though recently most of them were either related to her, or Slytherins. But she tried her best to keep her grades up and even took as much classes as her time allowed.

"Have you been having fun here?"" She asked him, wanting to know how first years felt about school. It most likely wasn't different from how she felt back then.

Last edited by Lucy Malfoy on Wed Oct 30, 2013 8:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Never be the same (Lucy)   Never be the same (Lucy) EmptyTue Oct 29, 2013 12:11 am

Selwyn let out a half snort, half laugh.

"Hard to tell.  Mostly I've been getting into arguments with people," he replied.  "There's this one girl in Ravenclaw who I think is going around and telling everyone in the other houses how evil I am."

"It's a bit funny, actually."
Back to top Go down
Lucy Malfoy
Adult
Lucy Malfoy

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Never be the same (Lucy)   Never be the same (Lucy) EmptyWed Oct 30, 2013 8:26 pm

"No one in Ravenclaw would do such a thing." Lucy replied then quickly changed her mind. "Well, there is one person in that house who would definitely do something like it. " She thought of Sydney immediately and how she had hated, really hated, Lucy ever since they met. Of course, Lucy had given her enough reasons to feel that way.

"Who have you met so far? Only Ravenclaws?" she asked him curiously, tilting her head to the side, her headache now almost completely gone.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Never be the same (Lucy)   Never be the same (Lucy) EmptyWed Oct 30, 2013 10:16 pm

"A couple of Ravenclaws, at least one Hufflepuff. Haven't seen her around lately though, which is weird because she was a bit of a perfectionist," Selwyn replied.

"There are some other people who I don't really know. Gryffindors don't really come near me. Are people at this school really that prejudiced?"

Back to top Go down
Lucy Malfoy
Adult
Lucy Malfoy

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Never be the same (Lucy)   Never be the same (Lucy) EmptyThu Oct 31, 2013 2:20 am

"Hufflepuffs are nice." Lucy stated the obvious. "I tend to stay with my family most of the time, but I know a few people." She pulled out a hair tie from her jean's pocket and tied her hair into a bun. "Most are okay with whatever house, though some do have old beliefs when it comes to friendships. My cousin, for example, has eliminated all kinds of relations to both, half-bloods and muggle-borns." She rolled her eyes.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Never be the same (Lucy)   Never be the same (Lucy) EmptyThu Oct 31, 2013 6:22 am

"That's interesting," he replied.

Selwyn didn't know what else to say.  This whole conversation was starting to lag.

"So what year are you in?  I bet you could teach me some wicked spells, right?"
Back to top Go down
Lucy Malfoy
Adult
Lucy Malfoy

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Never be the same (Lucy)   Never be the same (Lucy) EmptyThu Oct 31, 2013 5:56 pm

"5th." She imformed him. "It's not as great as it looks, though some classes do get more exciting."

Lucy smiled. "I bet I would. Which one would you like to learn?"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Never be the same (Lucy)   Never be the same (Lucy) EmptyMon Nov 04, 2013 12:02 am

"Merlin, I hope so. Our classes are so boring," Selwyn said.

"You know the disarming charm, right?"
Back to top Go down
Lucy Malfoy
Adult
Lucy Malfoy

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Never be the same (Lucy)   Never be the same (Lucy) EmptyThu Nov 07, 2013 7:59 pm

Lucy frowned, only slightly offended, "Of course I do." She had learned that spell when she was younger, much younger. "What do you have in mind?"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Never be the same (Lucy)   Never be the same (Lucy) EmptySun Nov 10, 2013 6:50 am

"Well, they've barely been teaching us anything of use in Defence," Selwyn told her. "Last lesson, the professor actually tried to pass off the wand lighting charm as a defensive spell."

"I was just thinking, maybe you'd help a literally defenceless first year out."
Back to top Go down
Lucy Malfoy
Adult
Lucy Malfoy

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Never be the same (Lucy)   Never be the same (Lucy) EmptyMon Nov 11, 2013 5:41 am

"It is part of the curriculum." Lucy shrugged, "I'm sure he wanted to give you a better lesson, but he had to get the basics done first."

Lucy raised an eyebrow, "Well, you certainly don't look like a defenseless first year."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Never be the same (Lucy)   Never be the same (Lucy) EmptyWed Nov 13, 2013 6:52 am

Selwyn frowned, perplexed.

"Is that a compliment," he asked, "or are you trying to say no?"
Back to top Go down
Lucy Malfoy
Adult
Lucy Malfoy

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Never be the same (Lucy)   Never be the same (Lucy) EmptyWed Nov 20, 2013 7:12 am

Lucy replied with a kinder smile, "That's a compliment."

Soon, she realized she had to get to bed early as she would be leaving the next day for Cheshire early in the morning. "Selwyn, it was a pleasure to meet you. I've got to go, so I'll talk to you later sometime." She stood up and looked to the dormitories, she hated going to sleep so early.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Never be the same (Lucy)   Never be the same (Lucy) EmptyThu Nov 21, 2013 4:12 am

This thread is FINISHED
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Never be the same (Lucy)   Never be the same (Lucy) Empty

Back to top Go down

Never be the same (Lucy)
Page 1 of 1