Live the Magic!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
The Admins
Fast Links
Current time
SPRING
Year: 2034
Term: 13
Month: March

Term 13 until TBA
House Points
Chat Box
Vote For Us
Affiliates
Photobucket Shadowplay HOS The Beginning Magical World of Harry Potter THE GIRL IS DANGEROUS Hogwarts Academy

Click here to affiliate!
Latest topics
» Chances (Ariel)
Homework Files EmptySat May 28, 2016 11:34 pm by Ariel Wilde

» HUGE REALLY VERY IMPORTANT UPDATE - PLEASE READ
Homework Files EmptySat May 21, 2016 11:40 pm by Hunter VanDerberg

» Sunny Afternoon (Open to Anyone)
Homework Files EmptyFri May 20, 2016 6:58 am by Marielle Prince

» An Unfortunate Accident (Open)
Homework Files EmptyMon May 16, 2016 2:41 am by Marielle Prince

» Marielle Aveline Prince
Homework Files EmptySun May 15, 2016 8:57 pm by Sky

» Claim a Face
Homework Files EmptySun May 15, 2016 8:08 am by Marielle Prince

» AFFILIATE HERE
Homework Files EmptyMon May 09, 2016 2:42 am by Ariadne O'Rieley

» My charries need something fot their life (a plots)
Homework Files EmptyWed May 04, 2016 8:10 am by Jessica Kim

» The Gif Game 2.0
Homework Files EmptyTue May 03, 2016 7:39 am by Humphrey Williams

» A Dying Trade (one of JETTS characters)
Homework Files EmptyMon May 02, 2016 12:25 am by Augustus Beckett

» Wild Child [Ariadne]
Homework Files EmptySun May 01, 2016 6:01 am by Ariadne O'Rieley

» History Of Magic Application
Homework Files EmptyFri Apr 22, 2016 9:41 pm by Morgana Gaunt

» Semi - Activity Check!
Homework Files EmptyFri Apr 22, 2016 11:56 am by Hunter VanDerberg

» EVELYN'S "DRAWINGS"
Homework Files EmptySun Apr 17, 2016 10:30 pm by Morgana Gaunt

» I Won't Say I'm In Love (closed-one shot)
Homework Files EmptySun Apr 17, 2016 5:18 pm by Miranda Cunningham

Homework Files

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

Homework Files Empty
PostSubject: Homework Files   Homework Files EmptyFri Sep 20, 2013 8:54 pm

Please post your homework on this thread. Include your name, year, and house in each assignment. Unless I tell you to, DO NOT PM YOUR WORK TO ME.
Back to top Go down
Wade Malfoy
Admin
Admin
Wade Malfoy

My Character
::
Activity: Dark Wizard

Homework Files Empty
PostSubject: Re: Homework Files   Homework Files EmptySat Sep 21, 2013 11:10 pm

Wade Malfoy
5th Year
Slytherin

Third Quarter Moon

Honestly, it took me quite a while to find the moon considering our common room is in the dungeons. We don't get much light besides the candles and the lake. It took a trip up to the Owlery for me to even realize we had a moon tonight. Today's moon is, I believe, a Third Quarter. Only half of the moon is visible, and though at first I got confused with the First Quarter, I realized that the Full Moon had only passed a few days ago, therefore it couldn't be the First one.

Basically, because only the left side of the moon is visible, and considering our last full moon was a few days ago, I can guarantee that today's moon is indeed the Third Quarter. Either way, it's quite a sight. I really don't want to get philosophical about this assignment.

GRADED-Outstanding-+25 Points
Back to top Go down
Ryland Malfoy
Adult
Ryland Malfoy

My Character
Activity: Gryffindor Alumni, Owner of Glass House, Care of Magical Creatures Professor

Homework Files Empty
PostSubject: Re: Homework Files   Homework Files EmptyMon Sep 23, 2013 1:31 am

Ryland Marcotte Malfoy
Gryffindor
4th Year

Moon Phase Today: Full Moon

[i]I've never given much thought or appreciation to the moon. Every night I turn my lap off and drift into dreamless sleep, because that's the thing: I don't dream much. Most of my so-called dreaming consists of a black canvas. Simply empty and untouched. Though after your lesson, I've been dreaming.

It's a simple, constant dream involving a girl. Not a girl I like nor one I'm related to. It's simply just a girl I probably passed by the street and didn't pay much attention to, but my subconscious did. She stands on top of a tower, similar to the Clock Tower, looking down at all of us and wishing us luck. Luck for what? I'm still trying to figure that out.

The reason I mention her is because she reminds me of tonight's full moon. Her hair is dark, long and bright. Her dress is blue as the midnight sky and her eyes are simply mesmerizing. They're wise, pained, and worried.

That's what the moon looks like to me tonight. It's full, bright, and sad. It lights up everything around me, overlooking from the sky, keeping troubled sould in check and lighting path for lost travelers, yet it seems like it worries about the night when she won't be able to do so.

Maybe I'm over-thinking this essay.

GRADED-Outstanding-+25 Points
Back to top Go down
Evan Williams

Evan Williams

My Character
Activity: Ravenclaw Dropout

Homework Files Empty
PostSubject: Re: Homework Files   Homework Files EmptyMon Sep 23, 2013 9:51 pm

Evan Williams
Ravenclaw
2nd year

Maya Winchester
Slytherin
2nd year

Moon Phase: Full Moon

We, Evan Williams and Maya Winchester, chose a day and made a special night trip to the Lake to observe the moon. We were lucky, it was probably the most easily recognizable phase of the moon - the full moon. It's really interesting that people always see the same side of the moon, so the crater pattern of its surface is something constant for us. Different people see different things in this pattern, but the most interesting image in my opinion is a unicorn head. I always see it myself, by the way.

There is one really interesting prophecy in modern muggle mythology, it tells that the unicorn image that people see is actually a powerful creature, who was banished to the moon long time ago. Princess Luna, once a ruler of an utopia land, became corrupted and tried to bring eternal darkness to her world, but then was defeated by her sister and sent to the moon. The prophecy also tells that one day she will return and try to take over the world once more.
It's clearly just a story for kids, but many people find it really cool in the muggle world.

Homework Files 7qrnWHp6J2Q

GRADED-Outstanding-+25 Points (5 Extra Credit points for illustration)
Back to top Go down

Homework Files Empty
PostSubject: Moon Phases   Homework Files EmptyMon Sep 23, 2013 10:21 pm

Auden sat down near the lake. The full moon was in the sky and she had homework to do. She lifted her messenger bag to get her pen, notes, and paper. Auden was glad that the moon was full because it gave some light to see. Looking at the moon Auden was glad she brought her camera with. She loved taking pictures and low light photography was one of her passions. But first she needed to do her homework.

Auden Mayer
Ravenclaw
4th year

Full Moon Phase
Auden looked at the moon and started to think. She always thought the full moon was beautiful and mysterious. But after the incident last summer she was spooked and weary of it. The full moon was when the werewolves transformed and who would have thought that something so beautiful like the moon could cause her so much pain. Auden shook her head. She needed to do her homework and not think of that event. She looked up at the moon again. The white light was bright and she took notice of the darker spots that were craters. When Auden was younger she thought the moon looked like cheese with all of the indentations on it.

Auden closed her notebook feeling that she had written enough. And she desperately wanted to go inside and get away from the reminder.

GRADED-Acceptable-+18 Points
Back to top Go down

Homework Files Empty
PostSubject: Re: Homework Files   Homework Files EmptyWed Sep 25, 2013 8:53 pm

Feedback

Wade Malfoy
*Great facts spread throughout your paper, yet it's a bit too repetitive. Make sure you try and include other factoids, do research to see if there's something interesting to add.
*Try to expand your information.
*Other than that, nicely done. I enjoyed reading your work!

Ryland Malfoy
*I like how you tied the subject/assignment into your life.
*Try to focus more on the scientific side than on the emotional one.
*Other than that, it was very entertaining and mysterious!

Evan Williams/Maya Winchester
*The graphic showed a deeper understanding of the assignment, so 5 extra points for each!
*Again, try to focus more on the scientific side of the assignment and not so much on the mythological side.
*Very nicely done! I enjoyed reading your paper and maybe one day you guys can show me the unicorn?

Auden Mayer
*With all due respect, your essay was a tad bit confusing.
*Also, 1st person! Very important!
*As I've said to everyone else, try to focus on the science behind the moon and not so much on emotional beliefs.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Homework Files Empty
PostSubject: Re: Homework Files   Homework Files Empty

Back to top Go down

Homework Files
Page 1 of 1