Live the Magic!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
The Admins
Fast Links
Current time
SPRING
Year: 2034
Term: 13
Month: March

Term 13 until TBA
House Points
Chat Box
Vote For Us
Affiliates
Photobucket Shadowplay HOS The Beginning Magical World of Harry Potter THE GIRL IS DANGEROUS Hogwarts Academy

Click here to affiliate!
Latest topics
» Chances (Ariel)
Term 5: Lesson 1: Year 4 EmptySat May 28, 2016 11:34 pm by Ariel Wilde

» HUGE REALLY VERY IMPORTANT UPDATE - PLEASE READ
Term 5: Lesson 1: Year 4 EmptySat May 21, 2016 11:40 pm by Hunter VanDerberg

» Sunny Afternoon (Open to Anyone)
Term 5: Lesson 1: Year 4 EmptyFri May 20, 2016 6:58 am by Marielle Prince

» An Unfortunate Accident (Open)
Term 5: Lesson 1: Year 4 EmptyMon May 16, 2016 2:41 am by Marielle Prince

» Marielle Aveline Prince
Term 5: Lesson 1: Year 4 EmptySun May 15, 2016 8:57 pm by Sky

» Claim a Face
Term 5: Lesson 1: Year 4 EmptySun May 15, 2016 8:08 am by Marielle Prince

» AFFILIATE HERE
Term 5: Lesson 1: Year 4 EmptyMon May 09, 2016 2:42 am by Ariadne O'Rieley

» My charries need something fot their life (a plots)
Term 5: Lesson 1: Year 4 EmptyWed May 04, 2016 8:10 am by Jessica Kim

» The Gif Game 2.0
Term 5: Lesson 1: Year 4 EmptyTue May 03, 2016 7:39 am by Humphrey Williams

» A Dying Trade (one of JETTS characters)
Term 5: Lesson 1: Year 4 EmptyMon May 02, 2016 12:25 am by Augustus Beckett

» Wild Child [Ariadne]
Term 5: Lesson 1: Year 4 EmptySun May 01, 2016 6:01 am by Ariadne O'Rieley

» History Of Magic Application
Term 5: Lesson 1: Year 4 EmptyFri Apr 22, 2016 9:41 pm by Morgana Gaunt

» Semi - Activity Check!
Term 5: Lesson 1: Year 4 EmptyFri Apr 22, 2016 11:56 am by Hunter VanDerberg

» EVELYN'S "DRAWINGS"
Term 5: Lesson 1: Year 4 EmptySun Apr 17, 2016 10:30 pm by Morgana Gaunt

» I Won't Say I'm In Love (closed-one shot)
Term 5: Lesson 1: Year 4 EmptySun Apr 17, 2016 5:18 pm by Miranda Cunningham

Term 5: Lesson 1: Year 4

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Term 5: Lesson 1: Year 4 Empty
PostSubject: Term 5: Lesson 1: Year 4   Term 5: Lesson 1: Year 4 EmptySat Sep 07, 2013 10:06 am

If you entered the Charms classroom, you'd find it looking just like a normal classroom- no decorations at all. The desks and chairs were all arranged, the walls were the usual dull colour. The only addition in the classroom was the new Professor sitting at her desk.

Although she was nervous, Ylenia was trying hard not to show it as students poured in for the first lesson of the year. I know what to do, she thought to herself and took a deep breath in. It was her first year in teaching and she was trying hard not to mess it up. When the last student entered the class and closed the door behind them, she stood up and went to stand by the board. "Hello, students, and welcome to Charms," she said, her voice loud and clear. "I am Professor Fenech. I will be your teacher. If you ever have any questions, please feel free to stop by my office, as the purpose of a teacher is to help you learn. I am strict if you want me to be, but I am friendly if you don't do anything stupid." She flashed a small smile at her students.

"Now, today, I expect you might enjoy this lesson," said Professor Fenech. "We shall be learning about, and how to perform, the Dancing Feet Spell. Do any of you know what it is?"
Back to top Go down
Aylee Walters
Admin
Admin
Aylee Walters

My Character
::
Activity: Adult, Trainee Obliviator

PostSubject: Re: Term 5: Lesson 1: Year 4   Term 5: Lesson 1: Year 4 EmptySun Sep 08, 2013 1:06 pm

Aylee entered the classroom, feeling both nervous and excited for the lesson. Although she had always signed up for the class, she had only had two Charms lessons- both in her first year. The teacher, Professor Adela, had left after that. Another Professor, Professor Petrova, had then taken the job but there hasn't been a single lesson with that woman. So Aylee hoped that the current one wasn't going to leave like Professor Adela after a period of time. The subject of Charms had always interested her, either way.

Taking a seat at the back, she looked at the new Professor, who was sitting at the teacher's desk. The teacher looked strict, which scared Aylee a bit. Like most students, she was hoping that the woman wasn't very strict to the class. As the last student entered the classroom and closed the door, the Professor stood up and spoke. Then she asked a question, to which Aylee raised her hand and answered, "I am guessing that it is a spell to make your feet dance?" She didn't want to be rude, but if the Professor was going to be that obvious, the lessons wouldn't be very interesting. But if they were going to learn to perform it, she was actually interested for that part.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Term 5: Lesson 1: Year 4   Term 5: Lesson 1: Year 4 EmptySun Sep 08, 2013 1:29 pm

Auden walked into the Charms classroom. She was so excited. Charms was one of Auden's favorite classes. She looked around and walked over to Aylee.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Term 5: Lesson 1: Year 4   Term 5: Lesson 1: Year 4 EmptySun Sep 08, 2013 1:57 pm

"That is correct, Miss Walters," Ylenia nodded, noticing how the Ravenclaw seemed a bit... uninterested. She turned to the board and wrote the title of the lesson on it. Then, turning back to the class, she spoke, "The Dancing Feet Spell is a charm used to force another person's legs to begin dancing uncontrollably. This spell has its origins in Italy but is best remembered for its improper usage by warlock Zaccaria Innocenti who is credited with conjuring a 'dance' within Mount Vesuvius in 79 AD. It is mainly used to make a victim do something hilarious, but it can be also be used in duelling. Yes, duelling." She added, as a few students had an astonished look on their faces. Then she asked, "Do any of you know what this spell's incantation is?"
Back to top Go down
Aylee Walters
Admin
Admin
Aylee Walters

My Character
::
Activity: Adult, Trainee Obliviator

PostSubject: Re: Term 5: Lesson 1: Year 4   Term 5: Lesson 1: Year 4 EmptySun Sep 15, 2013 3:42 pm

Since nobody else seemed to want to answer, Aylee raised her hand and tried to guess, "Is it Tarantallegra?"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Term 5: Lesson 1: Year 4   Term 5: Lesson 1: Year 4 EmptySun Sep 15, 2013 4:07 pm

The same Ravenclaw girl answered her question. "Right again, Miss Walters," Professor Fenech said, nodding again before turning to the rest of the class. "Although I would appreciate it if more students participated." Then she flicked her wand and a picture appeared on the board, a picture of a dancing chair. "The Tarantella is a dance originating in Italy. It was believed to cure the effects of the bite of a Tarantula by causing the victim to sweat out the toxin. It wasn't until centuries later that scientists determined the Black Widow was actually the venomous spider in question; people merely blamed the Tarantula because of its size. Allegra may be derived from allegro, a musical tempo meaning "quick and lively"; or simply from the word "leg" as this is the only body part affected by the jinx," she said. 

"Now, here is what we are going to do," Ylenia said. "Everyone, pair up and come here." She gestured towards the front of the class. After the students did so, she flicked her wand and the tables moved to the side to make space. "With your partners, I want all of you to practise the Dancing Feet Spell. Remember the incantation. Tarantallegra. And please ask me if you need any help." She nodded at all of them, gesturing that they could begin.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Term 5: Lesson 1: Year 4   Term 5: Lesson 1: Year 4 EmptyTue Sep 17, 2013 8:56 pm

This lesson has ended. The homework shall be posted shortly in the announcements thread.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Term 5: Lesson 1: Year 4   Term 5: Lesson 1: Year 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Term 5: Lesson 1: Year 4
Page 1 of 1