Live the Magic!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
The Admins
Fast Links
Current time
SPRING
Year: 2034
Term: 13
Month: March

Term 13 until TBA
House Points
Chat Box
Vote For Us
Affiliates
Photobucket Shadowplay HOS The Beginning Magical World of Harry Potter THE GIRL IS DANGEROUS Hogwarts Academy

Click here to affiliate!
Latest topics
» Chances (Ariel)
The Journey To Hogwarts (Open To All Students) EmptySat May 28, 2016 11:34 pm by Ariel Wilde

» HUGE REALLY VERY IMPORTANT UPDATE - PLEASE READ
The Journey To Hogwarts (Open To All Students) EmptySat May 21, 2016 11:40 pm by Hunter VanDerberg

» Sunny Afternoon (Open to Anyone)
The Journey To Hogwarts (Open To All Students) EmptyFri May 20, 2016 6:58 am by Marielle Prince

» An Unfortunate Accident (Open)
The Journey To Hogwarts (Open To All Students) EmptyMon May 16, 2016 2:41 am by Marielle Prince

» Marielle Aveline Prince
The Journey To Hogwarts (Open To All Students) EmptySun May 15, 2016 8:57 pm by Sky

» Claim a Face
The Journey To Hogwarts (Open To All Students) EmptySun May 15, 2016 8:08 am by Marielle Prince

» AFFILIATE HERE
The Journey To Hogwarts (Open To All Students) EmptyMon May 09, 2016 2:42 am by Ariadne O'Rieley

» My charries need something fot their life (a plots)
The Journey To Hogwarts (Open To All Students) EmptyWed May 04, 2016 8:10 am by Jessica Kim

» The Gif Game 2.0
The Journey To Hogwarts (Open To All Students) EmptyTue May 03, 2016 7:39 am by Humphrey Williams

» A Dying Trade (one of JETTS characters)
The Journey To Hogwarts (Open To All Students) EmptyMon May 02, 2016 12:25 am by Augustus Beckett

» Wild Child [Ariadne]
The Journey To Hogwarts (Open To All Students) EmptySun May 01, 2016 6:01 am by Ariadne O'Rieley

» History Of Magic Application
The Journey To Hogwarts (Open To All Students) EmptyFri Apr 22, 2016 9:41 pm by Morgana Gaunt

» Semi - Activity Check!
The Journey To Hogwarts (Open To All Students) EmptyFri Apr 22, 2016 11:56 am by Hunter VanDerberg

» EVELYN'S "DRAWINGS"
The Journey To Hogwarts (Open To All Students) EmptySun Apr 17, 2016 10:30 pm by Morgana Gaunt

» I Won't Say I'm In Love (closed-one shot)
The Journey To Hogwarts (Open To All Students) EmptySun Apr 17, 2016 5:18 pm by Miranda Cunningham

The Journey To Hogwarts (Open To All Students)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Maya Winchester
Adult
Maya Winchester

My Character
::
Activity: Slytherin - Year 3

The Journey To Hogwarts (Open To All Students) Empty
PostSubject: The Journey To Hogwarts (Open To All Students)   The Journey To Hogwarts (Open To All Students) EmptyFri Sep 06, 2013 7:14 pm

Maya opened her eyes after she had traveled through the magical brick wall at a run. A smile formed on her lips as she was immediately welcomed by the familiar sight of the Hogwarts Express. With a gleam in her bright green eyes, she pushed her trolley on towards the back of the train, not glancing around to stop and chat. She was intent on getting a free compartment and it was evident that she was struggling to control the weight of the trolley and she was putting all her effort into not crashing into nearby people. Maya weaved her way in and out of estranged people, the atmosphere thick with excited students.

She greeted some students she recognised with a smile, not stopping to talk as she knew there would be plenty of time to catch up with people later. She stopped outside one compartment near the back of the train and glancing in through the window, spotted that it was empty. Unloading her trolley and gripping her trunk tightly she planted it into the compartment, deciding to tuck it away once the journey had started. She jumped back down off the ledge onto the platform trying to ignore the hoards of people and their family outings. She had come alone as her parents were busy back on the farm in Ireland. She grabbed her owl cage, containing a striking black owl and was delighted that she had some company with her. The noise of the vicinity was deafening, with panicked parents hugging their children goodbye, owls chattering away to one another and then students running up and down greeting old friends. She averted her gaze and her eyes rested on a nearby family, obviously muggles she thought to herself as they were standing awkwardly, staring uncertainly around. She looked at the little girl accompanying them who looked terrified, smiling encouragingly at her she continued to scan the crowds for someone she recognised. She nervously twisted a strand of hair around her finger, but soon told herself that there was plenty of time to see people on the train.

Maya was glad of the peace and quiet the compartment provided after the hustle and bustle of the station as she hopped off the staton and made her way into the room alone as the whistle blew to signal the last few minutes before 11 o' clock. She looked down, disheartened, at the site of her trunk, knowing she would have some trouble trying to lift it onto the overhead rack.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Aylee Walters
Admin
Admin
Aylee Walters

My Character
Activity: Adult, Trainee Obliviator

PostSubject: Re: The Journey To Hogwarts (Open To All Students)   The Journey To Hogwarts (Open To All Students) EmptyFri Sep 06, 2013 7:54 pm

"Come on, come on, Mum, we have ten minutes left!" Aylee was practically shrieking. Her owl shrieked along with her while her dad was telling her to calm down. "We don't want to be late or we'll miss the school year!" Kynan was panicking. "What, is it such a bad thing? Don't you want to spend quality time with your big bro?" Ethan teased his brother. "Oh, shut up," retorted Kynan, who really wasn't in the mood. "Everybody calm down!" exclaimed their mother. Aylee rolled her eyes. "If only Kynan asked me to help him pack, he wouldn't forget his school robes behind," she muttered, in a really sour mood. They had left the house early to get to King's Cross station, but they had already gone through 1/4 of the journey when Kynan remembered his school robes. Then they had to go get them back, and they were going to be terribly late. "Excuse me for making a simply mistake!" said Kynan, hearing his sister's words. "Shut up," their father then said in a cold and angry tone which they perfectly knew that they had to obey. The three kids immediately stopped talking.

Soon enough, they arrived and they had only five minutes left. "Alright kids, hurry, hurry, hurry!" their mother said, leading Aylee and Kynan to the wall between Platform 9 and 10. After checking that nobody was watching, the two kids bid their parents and older brother good-bye and ran straight into the wall without hesitation. For a moment, Aylee thought that the wall was going to seal itself like the time it did for Harry Potter and Ron Weasley in their second year. But it didn't. Instead, they found themselves on Platform 9 3/4 just as the whistle was blowing to signal that the departure of the train would be in five minutes. "Hurry!" Aylee said to her brother, helping him pull his luggage onto the train. She had her own luggage and her owl's cage in her hand which was suddenly extremely heavy, but they made it onto the train with only two minutes left. "Let's find a compartment," Kynan finally said after Aylee let out a sigh of relief, leaning onto a random compartment door.

"Alright," his sister said and the two started walking down the corridor looking for an empty compartment. They caught brief glances of people they knew, acquaintances, but they didn't stop to talk. Aylee was trying hard not to bump her owl's cage into the wall as she earned a loud shriek from Julia every time she did. Right as they were nearing the end of the train, Kynan, who was leading, opened a random door causing Aylee to exclaim, "Did you find one?" and try to get a peek inside. But inside she saw their friend Maya, sitting alone in the compartment and looking at her trunk. Kynan stepped inside and asked Maya, "Hi Maya. Do you mind us sitting here?" while Aylee stood outside the compartment door, smiling awkwardly.
Back to top Go down
Maya Winchester
Adult
Maya Winchester

My Character

PostSubject: Re: The Journey To Hogwarts (Open To All Students)   The Journey To Hogwarts (Open To All Students) EmptySat Sep 07, 2013 1:37 pm

Maya began attempting to heave her trunk into the overhead compartment with little success. She was slightly embarrassed when she heard the compartment door opening, glancing up she, wondered who it was. If someone was going to join her in the compartment she preferred that it wasn't when she was busy failing at lifting her trunk. She kicked it in anger, cursing her weakness and then cursing the fact that she stubbed her toe. Pain etched her face as she danced around on one foot.

Maya's head swiveled up when she heard someone calling out to her from the compartment door. She had got distracted by her trunk, but ignored it as soon as she recognised the owner of the voice. A smile automatically spread across her face when she realised who it was and her cheeks flushed red as she was still hopping around on one foot. She had spotted Kynan on the platform, but his parents appeared to be fussing over him so she didn't approach. She was having a hard enough time getting her owl to stay silent as he hated being locked up in a cage. "Of course," Maya replied, gesturing to the empty seat across from her and automatically wondered who us was. She was quite glad to have the company and Kynan always provided some relief and fun and the long trip to Hogwarts was bound to get arduous if she traveled alone.

Maya stood up to help as Kynan had his trunk in tow, it looked quite heavy. "Need some help?" She inquired. Looking on past Kynan she spotted Aylee. She should have known that Aylee was there too, the siblings appeared quite close and probably wouldn't get to spend much time together once they arrived at Hogwarts. "Hey Aylee!" Maya gave her a friendly wave.
Back to top Go down
Kynan Walters
Adult
Kynan Walters

My Character
Activity: Gryffindor - Year 3

PostSubject: Re: The Journey To Hogwarts (Open To All Students)   The Journey To Hogwarts (Open To All Students) EmptySat Sep 07, 2013 2:49 pm

Kynan smiled back at Maya, and replied, "Thanks." Then he noticed that she seemed to be having trouble with lifting the trunk on the rack. When Maya asked if she could help with his trunk, he said, "Sure, but it looks heavier than yours..." while frowning. Then, realizing that he had probably angered her, he exclaimed, "Not that I am saying you can't lift it, it's just-" but Maya was already greeting Aylee. He let out a quiet sigh of relief- he really didn't want to embarrass himself in front of Maya. You already did, Kynan thought to himself. More than once, idiot. "Hello, Maya!" he then heard Aylee's voice say.

Aylee entered the compartment and exclaimed, "Oh, cool, you have an owl, too? They can be friends!" she gestured towards her own owl, Julia. Slowly, she set down her pet's cage on the empty seat. Luckily, the cage didn't take up too much space. "How are you?" Kynan asked Maya while Aylee then attempted to lift up her own suitcase in the rack.
Back to top Go down
Maya Winchester
Adult
Maya Winchester

My Character

PostSubject: Re: The Journey To Hogwarts (Open To All Students)   The Journey To Hogwarts (Open To All Students) EmptyWed Sep 11, 2013 2:57 pm

Maya was too busy greeting Aylee to overhear what Kynan was muttering, but when she turned back to him he had a frown on his face and looked confused. Maya stepped aside, allowing room for Aylee to pass through comfortably.

"Yes," Maya lit up at the mention of her owl. "I just bought him, Shadowfax. He doesn't seem to make friends easily though." Maya turned away from him, still angry at the amount of pecking's he had recieved from him when trying to stroke him. There were obvious marks on her fingers and Maya hid them quickly, embarrassed that her owl hadn't taken to her yet. "Good thanks, you?" Maya turned to Kynan, quickly picking up on his conversation topic. "Anything exciting happen over the summer? Did you see anyone else from school?" Maya perked up at the conversation topic, glad to be able to talk about school again with ease. She had to thread carefully over the summer as she didn't want her father overhearing her talking about Hogwarts to her brothers for fear of enraging him.
Back to top Go down
Aylee Walters
Admin
Admin
Aylee Walters

My Character

PostSubject: Re: The Journey To Hogwarts (Open To All Students)   The Journey To Hogwarts (Open To All Students) EmptyWed Sep 11, 2013 3:17 pm

As soon as she learned the owl's name, Aylee nodded. After managing to heave her trunk up into the rack, she grabbed Julia's cage and put it by Shadowfax's. "Hello, Shadowfax!" she greeted the owl the same way she'd greet a friend. "This is my owl Julia. Julia, this is Shadowfax. Be nice." Her owl was a bit unfriendly herself so Aylee had to look sternly at Julia. As Kynan and Maya continued conversing, she didn't want to interrupt them so she sat down by the window and stared out of it. "We're leaving the station," she murmured out loud. Although she was excited to get to Hogwarts, she was going to miss her parents and Ethan. She sighed to herself and kept looking out of the window as the scenery changed to the countryside.

"I'm great!" Kynan replied to Maya, smiling brightly. He attempted to lift his luggage into the rack next to Aylee's while he was speaking. When Maya asked if he had seen anyone else from school during the summer, he had managed to lift the luggage before turning to Maya and saying, "As a matter of fact, yes. I've seen Wade, Ryland, Morgana, a blonde girl I do not know of but I am sure that she is a witch, Lucy, and three girls which Aylee pointed out as Ella, Ellie and Shah. Oh, and I've seen Professor Vega, too!" Then he shook his head and said, "Lucy had a birthday party over the summer and she invited Aylee and I." Slowly, he grabbed Maya's luggage and attempted to lift it up into the rack, too.
Back to top Go down
Maya Winchester
Adult
Maya Winchester

My Character

PostSubject: Re: The Journey To Hogwarts (Open To All Students)   The Journey To Hogwarts (Open To All Students) EmptyWed Sep 11, 2013 5:28 pm

Maya noticed Aylee's owl nipping her and immediately felt better about her own owl's lack of discipline. "Wow!" You seen a lot of people, she supposed that was the advantage of living near where the school was situated. Maya watched Kynan depositing the trunks smoothly, something she would never have managed. "Thanks. Could have done it myself, if I wanted to." She joked offhandedly.

Maya felt the train jerking to life and took a seat opposite Aylee, next to the window. She enjoyed watching the different scenery blurring by and felt more free when she could have a clear view of where they were going. Maya felt her heart drop as parents waved their children off, some with upset looking faces. Other students leaned out the windows as they neared the corner, trying to get one last glimpse of their families. Maya suddenly felt a feeling of loneliness wash over her as there was no one to see her off.

Maya's thought began to wonder as she felt the train picking up speed and students passed by the compartment in clusters chatting loudly to one another. "If you's are from Scotland and Hogwarts is in Scotland is coming to London for the train really just a waste of time for you's?" Maya questioned, struggling to see the logic of having to travel from Scotland and then return hours later.
Back to top Go down
Aylee Walters
Admin
Admin
Aylee Walters

My Character

PostSubject: Re: The Journey To Hogwarts (Open To All Students)   The Journey To Hogwarts (Open To All Students) EmptyWed Sep 11, 2013 6:49 pm

Kynan grinned at Maya's joke. "We still have a bet," he reminded her, suddenly remembering it himself. They had made a bet last year to see if Kynan fell down in the first five minutes on a broom. Since they never got the chance to fly, the two had agreed to go down to the Quidditch Pitch in their second year. "We don't want another one." He sat down next to Maya and couldn't help but stare at her as she watched the view. When Maya turned around, Kynan pretended that he was watching the view, too, feeling his cheeks grow warm.

Meanwhile, Aylee was watching the scenery as well and, realizing that she had just gotten a whole seat to herself, she lied down and stared at the ceiling on the compartment. Maya then asked a question which Aylee answered. "I guess so," she said. "But we have no idea where the exact location of Hogwarts is, do we? So the Hogwarts Express is our only choice. Well, maybe unless we take the Night Bus. Or go by broom. Or Apparate to the Front Gate? Or Floo Powder, maybe. But I doubt we are allowed to. So, basically, it's a waste of time." Kynan frowned and said, "You said that a long time ago loads of students used to go by broom and such. From that stupid book you found-"

"First of all, books are not stupid. You're only saying that because you hate reading," Aylee retorted, sitting up straight. "And yes. A long time ago, loads of students used to go by broom, or apparate or use Floo Powder, and other methods of transportation. The problem was, there were always weird sightings of people flying on brooms- every year in the first of September. Muggles. And then lots of other students used to be late and couldn't get to Hogwarts on time. It was chaos, really. Then the Ministry of Magic, I think it was, they created Platform 9 3/4 and the Hogwarts Express. After that, it was much easier for witches and wizards to get to Hogwarts." Kynan rolled his eyes and snorted. "You're such a Ravenclaw," he teased her, causing Aylee to get mad. "You're only saying that because I'm smarter than you! Honestly, you only take four classes!" she exclaimed, half-teasing.

Then, as if just realizing that Maya was still there, they calmed down. "Sorry," Kynan said apologetically. "We fight a lot."
Back to top Go down
Maya Winchester
Adult
Maya Winchester

My Character

PostSubject: Re: The Journey To Hogwarts (Open To All Students)   The Journey To Hogwarts (Open To All Students) EmptySun Sep 15, 2013 12:09 am

Maya was fascinated, her eyes fixated on the scenery that whizzed by at top speed as she listened to Kynan. "Yes. We do" Maya remembered, her eyes still focusing on the picturesque scenery past the window. She was glad that Kynan had reminded her and a bit taken a back at his enthusiasm. She didn't think that he had seemed particularly interested in flying last year, maybe the summer had changed his mind? she wondered silently to herself, deciding not to voice her opinion. She turned her gaze back towards Kynan, who also appeared to be staring outside, and smiled at him, happy that they were going to go flying together. That was, if Kynan got the hang of flying as well as she fully expected him to.

Maya turned her attention back towards Aylee, who appeared to have gotten the best deal and was comfortably sprawled out across the seat. Maya listened to all the options Aylee mentioned when it came to travelling to Hogwarts. She struggled to keep up and remember what she was listing, never mind fully taking it in. Maya had never even heard of a Night Bus before, but was glad that she had paid attention to flying lessons last year as she knew what floo powder was now.

Maya's head was still reeling when Aylee went and started explaing the concept of flying to Hogwarts. She tried to catch up on the conversation, but was left feeling dumbstruck. After Aylee's explanation Maya nodded politely at her, but discreetly turned towards Kynan and raised her eyebrows in a confused manner.

Maya chuckled to herself and at their incessant rambling, not too bothered by it. "You think this is bad? You should see me and my brothers when we really fight!" She exclaimed, trying to shrug their bickering aside, showing that she wasn't offended.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Journey To Hogwarts (Open To All Students)   The Journey To Hogwarts (Open To All Students) Empty

Back to top Go down

The Journey To Hogwarts (Open To All Students)
Page 1 of 1