Live the Magic!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
The Admins
Fast Links
Current time
SPRING
Year: 2034
Term: 13
Month: March

Term 13 until TBA
House Points
Chat Box
Vote For Us
Affiliates
Photobucket Shadowplay HOS The Beginning Magical World of Harry Potter THE GIRL IS DANGEROUS Hogwarts Academy

Click here to affiliate!
Latest topics
» Chances (Ariel)
Quills and quill-haters. EmptySat May 28, 2016 11:34 pm by Ariel Wilde

» HUGE REALLY VERY IMPORTANT UPDATE - PLEASE READ
Quills and quill-haters. EmptySat May 21, 2016 11:40 pm by Hunter VanDerberg

» Sunny Afternoon (Open to Anyone)
Quills and quill-haters. EmptyFri May 20, 2016 6:58 am by Marielle Prince

» An Unfortunate Accident (Open)
Quills and quill-haters. EmptyMon May 16, 2016 2:41 am by Marielle Prince

» Marielle Aveline Prince
Quills and quill-haters. EmptySun May 15, 2016 8:57 pm by Sky

» Claim a Face
Quills and quill-haters. EmptySun May 15, 2016 8:08 am by Marielle Prince

» AFFILIATE HERE
Quills and quill-haters. EmptyMon May 09, 2016 2:42 am by Ariadne O'Rieley

» My charries need something fot their life (a plots)
Quills and quill-haters. EmptyWed May 04, 2016 8:10 am by Jessica Kim

» The Gif Game 2.0
Quills and quill-haters. EmptyTue May 03, 2016 7:39 am by Humphrey Williams

» A Dying Trade (one of JETTS characters)
Quills and quill-haters. EmptyMon May 02, 2016 12:25 am by Augustus Beckett

» Wild Child [Ariadne]
Quills and quill-haters. EmptySun May 01, 2016 6:01 am by Ariadne O'Rieley

» History Of Magic Application
Quills and quill-haters. EmptyFri Apr 22, 2016 9:41 pm by Morgana Gaunt

» Semi - Activity Check!
Quills and quill-haters. EmptyFri Apr 22, 2016 11:56 am by Hunter VanDerberg

» EVELYN'S "DRAWINGS"
Quills and quill-haters. EmptySun Apr 17, 2016 10:30 pm by Morgana Gaunt

» I Won't Say I'm In Love (closed-one shot)
Quills and quill-haters. EmptySun Apr 17, 2016 5:18 pm by Miranda Cunningham

Quills and quill-haters.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Evan Williams

Evan Williams

My Character
::
Activity: Ravenclaw Dropout

Quills and quill-haters. Empty
PostSubject: Quills and quill-haters.   Quills and quill-haters. EmptyThu Aug 01, 2013 8:19 pm

Even was sitting near a fireplace, writing something on a sheet of parchment. He looked like he wan't satisfied at all with the text he was writing.

Evan's parchment:

Evan was writing these lines all evening not because of detention, boredom, weird homework, or some jinx. Stupid quills. He's never held a quill before coming to Hogwarts, using muggle pens and pencils all his life. Stupid ink feathers. Despite Evan was quite bright and got really good marks in his primary school, he had some problems in Hogwarts. Not because he couldn't understand something or he was too lazy and careless. He couldn't write with a quill. Stupid stupid quills. He couldn't write down teachers' words in time, he spent nights writing even the shortest ans easiest essays, and, of course, he was really upset with it. Quills. Realizing his problem, Evan practiced in writing as often as he could. He didn't like to do this in places where he could be seen by other students though. He found this shameful. That's why he preferred the furthest library corners or the night common room.

Same parchment, a minute later:

Due to a late time, he was practicing in a common room now. It's really late, no one is awake anyway. Stupid quills. But suddenly he thought that he saw something in shadows. He wasn't quite sure, it was dark and his eyes were really tired. Quills. I saw things because of them. Damn. He noticed some movement second later. Hiding his parchment among others, he asked "Who's there?"
Back to top Go down
Aylee Walters
Admin
Admin
Aylee Walters

My Character
Activity: Adult, Trainee Obliviator

PostSubject: Re: Quills and quill-haters.   Quills and quill-haters. EmptyThu Aug 01, 2013 8:39 pm

Aylee couldn't sleep that night- but it was normal because she couldn't sleep most nights these days anyway. But reading in the girl's dormitories was a bit hard because of a room-mate's snoring. So she decided to go down to the common room. Holding her book to her chest, Aylee walked down the stairs and looked around, expecting the common room to be empty. It wasn't. There was a boy by the fireplace writing on a piece of parchment with a quill. He seemed frustrated. Then the boy looked up in her direction and asked if anyone was there.

"Hello," Aylee greeted the boy, who looked like a first-year. She took a seat on her favourite sofa and put the book on her lap. "Late homework?" she commented, a bit brightly, and nodded in the direction of the piece of parchment. She never did last minute homework but she knew a few people who did. Crossing her legs, Aylee smiled, realizing that she was probably annoying the boy.

Back to top Go down
Evan Williams

Evan Williams

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Quills and quill-haters.   Quills and quill-haters. EmptyFri Aug 02, 2013 12:46 am

When the shadow figure made some steps towards the fire, Evan understood that it was a girl. He didn't want anyone to know his secret, so he would be glad if it was only a trick of him imagination. He pinched himself, the girl didn't disappear. Stupid quills. "Hello," she said, "Late homework?"

The girl wasn't a first-year, in this case Evan would have recognized her. Nevertheless, he couldn't tell her the truth, girls spread secrets with unbelievable speed sometimes. Evan had to lie now, despite he hated lies and he was a really bad liar. In any case, lie could give him a small chance of keeping his secret, and that's better than nothing after all. "Hi," replied Evan quietly, "It's a homework... well...", he looked at the girl, trying to figure out what elective subject she didn't have. In this case she could possibly have no idea about how homework should look like. "...a divination homework!" Saying these words, Evan stood up. He always couldn't sit still when he was nervous, and he was always nervous when he lied. God, I've stood up. I was looking at my shoes all the time and made some long pauses. Of course she suspects I'm lying now, even if she knows nothing about divination homework! Evan needed another plan. He was desperately thinking about any possibilities of getting rid of the parchment. Then he could pretend that divination homework had really existed. Spill ink! I should spill ink on my parchment! Or throw it into the fire! Hmm. No. Both plans are stupid! Stupid plans! Stupid quills! "Stupid quills!" Evan spatted angrily. Oh, no! Have I just said this aloud?
Back to top Go down
Aylee Walters
Admin
Admin
Aylee Walters

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Quills and quill-haters.   Quills and quill-haters. EmptyFri Aug 02, 2013 7:34 am

The first thing that Aylee noticed was that the boy wasn't a very good liar. He seems worse than I was when I lied to Professor Henley when we got caught out in the corridors at night, she thought, but decided to keep that to herself. The boy started blubbering about divination homework and stood up, looking nervous. Then he spat aboutt the quills and Aylee recognized the situation. She giggled. Not one of those girly giggles, a giggle where she thought it was a bit of a funny situation. "I know that's not divination homework," she said calmly, knowing quite well that she took divination herself. "Divination classes haven't even started yet." She looked at the parchment, trying to recognize the words on it.

"Practising to write with a quill?" Aylee asked, remembering another first-year doing the same some time ago. Then she looked at the boy, who's expression changed to worried. "Don't worry, all first-years have this problem. Well, not all, I expect muggle-borns and maybe half-bloods had this problem. I did, too, though. It's nothing to be ashamed of." She bit her lip.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Quills and quill-haters.   Quills and quill-haters. EmptyFri Aug 02, 2013 9:01 pm

Auden headed down to the common room. Lately she couldn't sleep a wink. Auden thought it might have to do with her Grandmother's illness getting worse. She quickly noticed Aylee and a first year boy near the fireplace. Auden decided to walk over to them. She got bored easily at night anyway.

"Hello. Are you guys doing late night studying or something?" Auden asked while plopping down on a couch.

Back to top Go down
Evan Williams

Evan Williams

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Quills and quill-haters.   Quills and quill-haters. EmptySat Aug 03, 2013 2:01 am

The girl giggled. "I know that's not divination homework, divination classes haven't even started yet." Oh, no. Evan realized that he chose the wrong subject to use as a cover. Ok, nothing is lost yet. Time for plan B. He reached for an inc bottle to overturn it, but the girl spoke again. "Practicing to write with a quill?" she asked. Oh, good timing. One more second and my parchment would be covered in ink. Covered in ink for nothing. Evan had nothing to do than to accept that he had lost this spy game.

Another girl appeared. "Hello. Are you guys doing late night studying or something?" she asked. Oh, no. Evan blushed. Muggle films taught him that being caught with a girl in the night in darkness is one of the most awkward things in the world. His blush wasn't visible in the darkness, however.

Suddenly, Evan got an idea. He started writing something on his parchment and answered new girl, "Yes, it's late night studying. I have some problems. My friend tells me it's alright for a first-year, but I, however, asked her to stay with me and correct my work." This lie was brilliant by Evan's standards. No unnecessary movements, no unnatural pauses. "I just want my mistakes corrected before anyone else notices them." Evan strongly emphasized "before anyone else notices them". Then he handed his parchment to the first girl.

Evan's parchment:

Evan smiled. Spy game isn't over yet.
Back to top Go down
Aylee Walters
Admin
Admin
Aylee Walters

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Quills and quill-haters.   Quills and quill-haters. EmptySat Aug 03, 2013 1:59 pm

The boy didn't speak at all, but instead, he seemed to be reaching for the ink bottle. Aylee bit her lip again, wondering what the boy's plan was before her good friend Auden entered the common room. She couldn't help laughing as Auden sat down on the couch next to her. "Hi Auden," she greeted her friend. "I-" before she could finish, the first-year boy was making up a lie. Aylee didn't talk as the boy handed her the parchment. She read it as though a teacher correcting a student's work. Even though she couldn't read clearly, she understood everything written and realized that the boy was practising with the quill. She gave Evan a small, quick nod, so small and quick that you wouldn't even know that she was nodding.

Aylee reached for the quill, which was still in the boy's hand and crossed out a few words from the parchment as though correcting his mistakes. It was a bit funny, with Auden watching, and made a mental note to not smile. Luckily, she was sitting in a way which Auden couldn't tell what was on the parchment, or Evan's secret would be dead already. Quickly, she wrote on Evan's parchment and handed it back to the first-year.

Evan's parchment:

"History of Magic," Aylee muttered, a bit loudly.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Quills and quill-haters.   Quills and quill-haters. EmptyThu Aug 15, 2013 9:27 pm

Auden watched the exchange between Aylee and boy. It seemed like he needed his work corrected. Then Aylee corrected it.

"Oh History of Magic. That class is sometimes really hard." Auden said.
Back to top Go down
Evan Williams

Evan Williams

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Quills and quill-haters.   Quills and quill-haters. EmptySun Sep 08, 2013 2:39 am

Feeling really nervous, Evan got his parchment back. "History of magic," the first girl covered him. "Oh History of Magic. That class is sometimes really hard," the second girl seemed to believe the first one. So, it's time to know the name of my savior. If she wrote it, of course. Evan looked at the parchment. "I'm Aylee." Aylee. Good. Now we can pretend that we know each other. Evan read one more line. "No problem, although I'm not a very good liar." Not so good. But nevertheless our deception was okay so far.

Now it was time for a choice. Evan could either go to bed, taking his shameful practice parchment with him, or stay and chat with the girls. After some moments of considering options, he was struck by a sudden realization. If someone comes to common room at night, they usually don't expect chatting with random people. Evan almost stood up to go to boys' dormitories, when he was struck by another realization. But people don't always mind unexpected things. After some more moments of thinking, Evan decided to stay. He realized that he needed to excuse his standing up now. He turned to the second girl, whose name he didn't know yet, and said, "My name is Evan, what's yours?" I hope it looks like I stood up for a polite introduction. God, this is the most embarrassing night in my life.

Last edited by Evan Williams on Sun Sep 08, 2013 2:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Quills and quill-haters.   Quills and quill-haters. EmptySun Sep 08, 2013 1:33 pm

Auden looked over the the boy whose name was Evan. "Oh my name is Auden. I must have blanked and forgot to introduce myself." Auden replied.
Back to top Go down
Aylee Walters
Admin
Admin
Aylee Walters

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Quills and quill-haters.   Quills and quill-haters. EmptySun Sep 08, 2013 1:37 pm

The boy, Evan, seemed to be trying to decide wether to leave or not. Auden had believed the lie and, after introducing herself to Evan, Aylee asked, "So, you're a first year? How d'you like Hogwarts so far?" She hugged her knees to her chest.
Back to top Go down
Evan Williams

Evan Williams

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Quills and quill-haters.   Quills and quill-haters. EmptySun Sep 08, 2013 10:22 pm

(((OOC: I'm still a first year in this topic. Don't look at my second year status.)))

Aylee, Auden. Auden, Aylee. Evan repeated names in his mind several times to be sure that he remembered them. "Well, I really like Hogwarts! Now I can do things I've never dreamed about! I can do real magic! It's like I'm in some kind of fantasy book: spells, potions, magical creatures and artifacts!" Evan paused to take a breath and then continued in not so excited tone, "Although, it is a little strange for me to use magic instead of muggle devices I got used to. And these stupid quills.." Oh. Evan stopped. Moments later he picked up his parchment and hid it into a pocket. "Yes.. Quills.. But in general I really do like Hogwarts."
Back to top Go down
Aylee Walters
Admin
Admin
Aylee Walters

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Quills and quill-haters.   Quills and quill-haters. EmptyWed Sep 11, 2013 3:26 pm

The first year started saying how much he loved Hogwarts, causing Aylee to grin. "I know how you feel," she agreed. "It's great." When Evan continued by saying that it was strange to get used to it, Aylee nodded, realizing that he probably didn't want to say anything about the quills, so she said, "Yup. The quills. The moving staircases. And sometimes Peeves." She remembered that time when she got caught out late at night with Morgana and James. Then she shook her head and murmured, "Yeah, it's awesome."

Back to top Go down
Evan Williams

Evan Williams

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Quills and quill-haters.   Quills and quill-haters. EmptyWed Sep 11, 2013 7:54 pm

"Yeah, I heard about Peeves, many people complain about him, but I personally have no troubles with his mischief. The staircases, on the other hand, can be really annoying. Sometimes I have to wait really long for the stairs to move the right direction. Why didn't they just make more stairs instead of making moving ones? God." Evan always tried to like the moving staircases, because it was Rowena Ravenclaw, founder of his House, who enchanted them. "Do the staircases have some fixed schedule? Maybe I could write it down and always have the paper with me."
Back to top Go down
Aylee Walters
Admin
Admin
Aylee Walters

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Quills and quill-haters.   Quills and quill-haters. EmptyFri Sep 13, 2013 2:13 pm

"How can you not have troubles with Peeves? This is Peeves we're talking about!" Aylee exclaimed. She herself hated Peeves as he usually made her late for class. Then Evan grumbled about why they just didn't make more stairs instead of the moving ones. "I think that more stairs would confused everyone even more. But I do enjoy the stairs sometimes, on days when you are bored, they take you to random places in the castle which you have never explored before. It reminds you how mysterious the castle is and how you barely know half of its' secrets," she explained her opinion. Then, hearing Evan's next question, she answered, "No, I don't think there's a fixed schedule."
Back to top Go down
Evan Williams

Evan Williams

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Quills and quill-haters.   Quills and quill-haters. EmptyFri Sep 13, 2013 10:57 pm

Evan smiled broadly, when Aylee started talking about Peeves. "Most of my former classmates were mush worse than Peeves," he said, chuckled, "Maybe Peeves just likes me, but he's never done any real harm. He made me wet, he made my hear colorful, he made my clothes invisible. Yes. But my sketchbook has never been damaged more than I could fix. I might be wrong, but I think he understands that this thing means a lot to me," Evan paused, remembering his Peeves encounters and thinking about something, then continued, "Actually, nothing has ever been damaged beyond repair. And I have to admit, sometimes Peeves has style! Episodes with him are my sister's favorite. She likes to read my stories about Peeves and the mayhem he makes." Evan took an every flavor bean from his pocket and sent it to his mouth. "Mmmm.. Cherry! Do you want one, Aylee?" He asked, getting some more beans from the pocket, "What about you, Auden?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Quills and quill-haters.   Quills and quill-haters. Empty

Back to top Go down

Quills and quill-haters.
Page 1 of 1