HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
The Admins
Fast Links
Current time
SPRING
Year: 2034
Term: 13
Month: March

Term 13 until TBA
House Points
Chat Box
Vote For Us
Affiliates
Photobucket Shadowplay HOS The Beginning Magical World of Harry Potter THE GIRL IS DANGEROUS Hogwarts Academy

Click here to affiliate!
Latest topics
» Chances (Ariel)
Sat May 28, 2016 11:34 pm by Ariel Wilde

» HUGE REALLY VERY IMPORTANT UPDATE - PLEASE READ
Sat May 21, 2016 11:40 pm by Hunter VanDerberg

» Sunny Afternoon (Open to Anyone)
Fri May 20, 2016 6:58 am by Marielle Prince

» An Unfortunate Accident (Open)
Mon May 16, 2016 2:41 am by Marielle Prince

» Marielle Aveline Prince
Sun May 15, 2016 8:57 pm by Sky

» Claim a Face
Sun May 15, 2016 8:08 am by Marielle Prince

» AFFILIATE HERE
Mon May 09, 2016 2:42 am by Ariadne O'Rieley

» My charries need something fot their life (a plots)
Wed May 04, 2016 8:10 am by Jessica Kim

» The Gif Game 2.0
Tue May 03, 2016 7:39 am by Humphrey Williams

» A Dying Trade (one of JETTS characters)
Mon May 02, 2016 12:25 am by Augustus Beckett

» Wild Child [Ariadne]
Sun May 01, 2016 6:01 am by Ariadne O'Rieley

» History Of Magic Application
Fri Apr 22, 2016 9:41 pm by Morgana Gaunt

» Semi - Activity Check!
Fri Apr 22, 2016 11:56 am by Hunter VanDerberg

» EVELYN'S "DRAWINGS"
Sun Apr 17, 2016 10:30 pm by Morgana Gaunt

» I Won't Say I'm In Love (closed-one shot)
Sun Apr 17, 2016 5:18 pm by Miranda Cunningham

Share | 

Sending a Letter (Open)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Aylee Walters
Admin
Admin

My Character
::
Activity: Adult, Trainee Obliviator

PostSubject: Sending a Letter (Open)   Sat Mar 02, 2013 7:44 am

Aylee climbed the Owlery steps and walked in. She had finally found directions to it and decided to write to her parents. Slowly, she looked up and gasped.
"Wow!" she muttered. Aylee had never seen so much owls in her life, especially at daytime. In a tower.
She was too busy staring at the owls that she almost forgot what she came here for. Aylee blinked and shook her head. She walked over to one of the windows and started searching her bag.
After a few minutes, Aylee was sitting in a corner with her notebook and Muggle pen in her hands. Looking up to take one more look at the owls, she sighed to herself and started to write.

Dear Mom,
How are you? I am great! You and dad can stop worrying because Hogwarts is real.
It is an enormous castle next to a big lake with huge grounds. Yes, everything is big, but you would never believe how big the place is, mom! I am amazed how nobody found this castle, it's too huge to miss.
Anyway, the school is great! It has four houses, Ravenclaw, Gryffindow, Hufflepuff and Slytherin; they are like a group with a common room for each house. But not everyone can access the common rooms because they all have a different way of entering. Each house has it's own qualities. I got sorted into Ravenclaw where it is said that they are intellegent and smart.
There are classes too (duh...)! It's like normal classes but instead of languages and grammar, there are spells and potions. I signed up for: Defence Against the Dark Arts, Charms, History of Magic, Care of Magical Creatures, and Potions.
I haven't made much friends yet, though.
The bottom line is, please don't worry about me. I am perfectly fine... as long as I don't get lost!
Tell Ethan that I know how to make him fly (not yet, really)! And tell dad to stop thinking that it's a trick, please!
Lots of love,
Aylee
XOXOXO

When she finished, Aylee put away her pen and ripped out the page from her notebook. Happily, she put the paper in an envelope and wrote her mother's name on it. Then she found a random owl and realized something.
Er... how is it going to deliver this letter to mum....? Aylee thought. Tie this around its leg or something...?
Confused, Aylee reached out for the owl and tried to give it the letter. For one moment, she thought that the owl was going to bite her hand but it didn't react.
"Er..." she thought out loud.
Suddenly, the door creaked behind her. Aylee looked around to see who it was.

Last edited by Aylee Walters on Sun Mar 03, 2013 1:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
James Riddle
Adult

My Character
Activity: Adult

PostSubject: Re: Sending a Letter (Open)   Sat Mar 02, 2013 6:47 pm

James hastily mounted the stone steps leading to the Owlery. He read his letter one more time, thinking about how his parents would react when learning that he made his House's Quidditch team. His father would probably be proud, but he smiled imagining his mother panicking at the thought of him doing something as dangerous as flying on a broomstick at extreme speed trying to catch a small golden ball.

Entering the cold windowless circular room, he realized he wasn't alone. A blue eyed girl was facing him, her long light brown hair waving in the wind. "Hey" James greeted her with a friendly tone. He remembered seeing her several times before, but never had had the opportunity to meet her.

Banner by Shah Chelsea Hazel
Back to top Go down
Aylee Walters
Admin
Admin

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Sending a Letter (Open)   Sat Mar 02, 2013 7:01 pm

Aylee watched the boy enter the room. Somehow he looked familiar but she couldn't put her finger on it. She was too deep in thought about her owl problem before she remembered exactly where she had seen him.
He was a Ravenclaw just like her. Aylee had seen him many times in the Common Room but she never actually talked to him. Actually, she never talked to anyone much but that didn't matter.
"Hi," Aylee replied trying to sound friendly. "I'm Aylee. What's your name?"
She swept a few hairs out of her face and waited for the boy to reply.

(x)
Back to top Go down
James Riddle
Adult

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Sending a Letter (Open)   Sat Mar 02, 2013 7:07 pm

"I'm James" he replied with a smile, avoiding as usually to give his last name. "Do you need help with that?" he suggested after a moment, seeing that she seemed hesitant about the way to attach her letter to the owl.

Back to top Go down
Aylee Walters
Admin
Admin

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Sending a Letter (Open)   Sat Mar 02, 2013 7:12 pm

"Nice to meet you, James," answered Aylee.
Then she heard James ask if she needed help. She looked at her letter, then to the owl and then back at James.
"Yes, please," Aylee almost begged. "I never sent a letter and this is my first time so I have no idea what to do..."
She cut off, realizing that she probably talked to much. Aylee knew that she had a problem with annoying people when she talked too much.

(x)
Back to top Go down
James Riddle
Adult

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Sending a Letter (Open)   Sat Mar 02, 2013 7:44 pm

James headed towards her. Choosing one of the school owls, he cautiously tied his own letter to its leg and gently caressed its brown feathers. "You just have to attach you letter and the owl will do the rest. Oh, and be careful, some of the school ones bite, so you have to be kind with them." he explained, inviting her to do the same with hers.

"So you're a muggle-born? I mean your parents... they don't have magic?" James asked her while the bird flew away into the endless sky. "I'm one too." he quickly added, afraid that she could take it the wrong way.

Back to top Go down
Aylee Walters
Admin
Admin

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Sending a Letter (Open)   Sat Mar 02, 2013 7:58 pm

Aylee listened to James's explanation as she watched him tie his letter to the owl's leg. She nodded as he warned her about the biting owls. Aylee watched as James let the owl fly away.
Cautiously, she found a random owl and tried to tie the letter to its leg. As she was about to reach at the owl's leg, she thought that it was going to peck at her hand. Luckily, the owl didn't react.
Aylee was tying the letter to the owl's leg when she heard James ask her something.
"No, they aren't wizards," she answered. Then Aylee looked up as she heard James say something again. "Is it... normal to be born to non-wizards?"
When she made sure that the letter was secure around the owl's leg, she let go and watched the owl fly away.
Back to top Go down
James Riddle
Adult

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Sending a Letter (Open)   Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:13 pm

"It's not uncommon. There are a few other students in my year who are also muggle-born. But don't worry, that doesn't mean you're any less talented than the others. You may have a hard time at first, getting used to this whole new world, but you can be just as good as them, if not better, if you work hard." he reassured her.

He remembered the moment he arrived at Hogwarts, a year earlier. He had been really excited to discover the existence of something as wonderful as magic, but at the same time petrified at the thought of never really belonging to this world. "Besides, if you're having trouble with something, I can help you." he added with a grin.

Back to top Go down
Aylee Walters
Admin
Admin

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Sending a Letter (Open)   Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:21 pm

Aylee let out a small sigh of relief. She had thought that she would fail at everything and be sent home. Somehow, knowing that there were other Muggle-borns, Aylee felt... normal.
"Thanks," she answered with a smile spreading on her face.
Then she thought of something.
"Was it hard for you?" Aylee asked. "To learn magic?"

(x)
Back to top Go down
James Riddle
Adult

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Sending a Letter (Open)   Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:51 pm

"My first few spells failed miserably." James confessed with a slight smile, recalling his repeated catastrophic experiences in Defence Against the Dark Arts practical tasks. "At one point, I even thought they made a mistake, that I was not really a wizard, and that they would send me home." he admitted, his gaze lost in the distance. He usually wasn't that open with other people, but he didn't want Aylee to go though the same doubt he did.

"It took me time to realize why I failed. You see, talent is not enough. You also have to believe in yourself in order to be able to perform magic." He thanked Professor Umbranox for teaching him that. "If you doubt your abilities, you can be sure you won't succeed. Keep that in mind during your next lessons."

Back to top Go down
Aylee Walters
Admin
Admin

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Sending a Letter (Open)   Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:21 pm

Aylee nodded and thought about the first time she tried to do magic in class. Now she knew why it didn't work. She had been convinced that it wasn't going to happen. Now that she knew, Aylee felt happier.
"I will," she said, nodding.
Then she looked at her watch.
"Oh, it's lunchtime!" Aylee exclaimed. "Great, I'm hungry!"
She laughed as soon as she realized how funny she sounded.
Back to top Go down
James Riddle
Adult

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Sending a Letter (Open)   Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:27 pm

"You're right." James replied cheerfully. "We should head to the Great Hall. By the way, I forgot to ask you, how do you like Hogwarts so far?"

Back to top Go down
Aylee Walters
Admin
Admin

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Sending a Letter (Open)   Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:32 pm

Aylee ran over to the corner where she had left her bag. Quickly, she scooped up her notebook and pen and put them in her bag. Then she looked up as she heard James's last question.
"I love it," Aylee answered. "It's truly magical."
With that, she opened the door and stepped outside. Aylee turned around to see if James was going to follow.

(x)
Back to top Go down
James Riddle
Adult

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Sending a Letter (Open)   Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:45 pm

"It definitely is" James confirmed. "And I'm sure you haven't seen half of the Castle yet." He followed her outside the Owlery. "Oh, and you'll have to get used to writing with a quill." He smiled, remembering how strange it had seemed at first.

Despite the early hour, the sky was rather dark, with numerous clouds threatening to bring rain to this otherwise pleasant afternoon. Suddenly recalling something, he turned to Aylee. "I don't remember seeing you at the gathering Professor Umbranox organised for the Ravenclaws."

Back to top Go down
Aylee Walters
Admin
Admin

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Sending a Letter (Open)   Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:54 pm

"Quills?" Aylee stopped in her tracks. "You mean feathers with ink? That's strange."
She had never heard of such a thing. She thought that quills were used in the old 1850's.
Then she heard James say something again.
"I don't remember seeing you at the gathering Professor Umbranox organised for the Ravenclaws." he said.
"I...I am not very good at making friends," she admitted.

(x)
Back to top Go down
James Riddle
Adult

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Sending a Letter (Open)   Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:57 pm

"Oh.. well, me neither, to be honest. But you'll see, the other Ravenclaws are really kind." he assured her, recalling his meeting with the three first-years during the party. "It must have been exciting for you to discover all the different magical subjects taught here. Which one is your favourite so far?" he inquired after a while.

Back to top Go down
Aylee Walters
Admin
Admin

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Sending a Letter (Open)   Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:02 pm

"Er..."
Aylee hadn't really thought about it. All of the classes that she had signed up for were interesting but she couldn't think of a favourite.
"I don't know yet," Aylee managed to say. "They're all so interesting!"
"What about you?" she then asked.

(x)
Back to top Go down
James Riddle
Adult

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Sending a Letter (Open)   Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:23 pm

"Well, Care of Magical Creatures is always fascinating, and Professor Vega is very kind. I also like Defence Against the Dark Arts, although I'm not really good at it. Professor Umbranox may seem a bit frightening when you first see him, but he's a good teacher. But you're right, the other classes are also great." They had almost reached the massive wooden entrance doors of the Castle.

Back to top Go down
Aylee Walters
Admin
Admin

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Sending a Letter (Open)   Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:30 pm

Aylee listened carefully as James talked.
"I like Care of Magical Creatures too," she answered. "It is very interesting. I also liked Charms... but I haven't had a Defence Against the Dark Arts lesson yet. Isn't Professor Umbranox the Head of our house?"
Aylee stopped talking as she saw the castle doors come into view. She couldn't get over how big the doors were.

(x)
Back to top Go down
James Riddle
Adult

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Sending a Letter (Open)   Sun Mar 03, 2013 1:33 am

"Yes, he is. He may appear a bit strict and cold, but I'm sure you'll grow fond of him." They walked into the entrance hall, which was quite crowded with students going to lunch. They followed the others into the great hall and headed towards the Ravenclaw table. "Here's your chance to meet our housemates." James told her, seeing that some of them had already started eating.

(OOC: I guess we should continue this in the Great Hall)

Back to top Go down
Aylee Walters
Admin
Admin

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Sending a Letter (Open)   Sun Mar 03, 2013 8:13 am

Aylee followed James towards the Ravenclaw table. She could already see most students eating.
"Here's your chance to meet our housemates." she heard James say.
"O-ok," Aylee stammered. She was trying as hard as she can not to show how fearful she was.

(OOC: Ok. Can you start it?)
Back to top Go down
James Riddle
Adult

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Sending a Letter (Open)   Sun Mar 03, 2013 3:27 pm

Continued in: Ravenclaw Bonding

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sending a Letter (Open)   

Back to top Go down

Sending a Letter (Open)
Page 1 of 1