Live the Magic!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
The Admins
Fast Links
Current time
SPRING
Year: 2034
Term: 13
Month: March

Term 13 until TBA
House Points
Chat Box
Vote For Us
Affiliates
Photobucket Shadowplay HOS The Beginning Magical World of Harry Potter THE GIRL IS DANGEROUS Hogwarts Academy

Click here to affiliate!
Latest topics
» Chances (Ariel)
Astronomy :: Lesson One - Page 2 EmptySat May 28, 2016 11:34 pm by Ariel Wilde

» HUGE REALLY VERY IMPORTANT UPDATE - PLEASE READ
Astronomy :: Lesson One - Page 2 EmptySat May 21, 2016 11:40 pm by Hunter VanDerberg

» Sunny Afternoon (Open to Anyone)
Astronomy :: Lesson One - Page 2 EmptyFri May 20, 2016 6:58 am by Marielle Prince

» An Unfortunate Accident (Open)
Astronomy :: Lesson One - Page 2 EmptyMon May 16, 2016 2:41 am by Marielle Prince

» Marielle Aveline Prince
Astronomy :: Lesson One - Page 2 EmptySun May 15, 2016 8:57 pm by Sky

» Claim a Face
Astronomy :: Lesson One - Page 2 EmptySun May 15, 2016 8:08 am by Marielle Prince

» AFFILIATE HERE
Astronomy :: Lesson One - Page 2 EmptyMon May 09, 2016 2:42 am by Ariadne O'Rieley

» My charries need something fot their life (a plots)
Astronomy :: Lesson One - Page 2 EmptyWed May 04, 2016 8:10 am by Jessica Kim

» The Gif Game 2.0
Astronomy :: Lesson One - Page 2 EmptyTue May 03, 2016 7:39 am by Humphrey Williams

» A Dying Trade (one of JETTS characters)
Astronomy :: Lesson One - Page 2 EmptyMon May 02, 2016 12:25 am by Augustus Beckett

» Wild Child [Ariadne]
Astronomy :: Lesson One - Page 2 EmptySun May 01, 2016 6:01 am by Ariadne O'Rieley

» History Of Magic Application
Astronomy :: Lesson One - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 22, 2016 9:41 pm by Morgana Gaunt

» Semi - Activity Check!
Astronomy :: Lesson One - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 22, 2016 11:56 am by Hunter VanDerberg

» EVELYN'S "DRAWINGS"
Astronomy :: Lesson One - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 17, 2016 10:30 pm by Morgana Gaunt

» I Won't Say I'm In Love (closed-one shot)
Astronomy :: Lesson One - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 17, 2016 5:18 pm by Miranda Cunningham

Astronomy :: Lesson One

Go down 
+3
Shah Chelsea Hazel
Kim Frey
Ella Vega
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
James Riddle
Adult
James Riddle

My Character
::
Activity: Adult

Astronomy :: Lesson One - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Astronomy :: Lesson One   Astronomy :: Lesson One - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 26, 2012 1:22 am

"Is that all? Does anybody else want to vote?" Professor Adela asked after Kim gave her opinion. Examining the list one last time, James decided which constellations he would like to study. Being a fan of Greek Mythology, he first thought about choosing Hydra and Perseus, but then Phoenix also caught his attention, as he was really curious to find out more about his magnificent magical bird. Glancing at Lucy, he waited to see if she would like to vote first, but she still seemed upset about Wade revealing her middle name to the whole class.

Raising his hand, James waited for the teacher to grant him permission to speak. "I would pick Hydra and Phoenix." he declared. That way, the five constellations had two votes each, giving Lucy the opportunity to choose the pair they would end up studying.
Back to top Go down
Elita Malfoy
Adult
Elita Malfoy

My Character
Activity: Divinations professor

PostSubject: Re: Astronomy :: Lesson One   Astronomy :: Lesson One - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 26, 2012 4:01 am

Ellie, who had sat at the back of the classroom quietly until now, raised her hand. The name 'Serpens' and 'Andromeda' had caught her attention. She listened to all the others' choices and got a little excited when 'Serpens' was one of the ones picked.
Back to top Go down
Lucy Malfoy
Adult
Lucy Malfoy

My Character
Activity: Slytherin Alumni, Auror, Flying Professor

PostSubject: Re: Astronomy :: Lesson One   Astronomy :: Lesson One - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 29, 2012 4:34 am

Everyone seemed to have picked, and Lucy seemed to be the one to have to break the tie. Straightening up in her chair, she raised her hand, waited for permission and spoke.
"My name is Lucy Malfoy. I'm gonna go with Phoenix and Andromeda, because...those are my parents' names."
she said quite nervously, and sat down.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Astronomy :: Lesson One   Astronomy :: Lesson One - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 29, 2012 7:55 am

Helen nodded feeling a bit confused. "So the votes are," She announced. "Two Serpens, Two Perseus, Three Andromeda, Two Hydra and Three Phoenix." She looked around. "Now we have a tie. Andromeda or Phoenix? I think I am going to go along with Andromeda."

She began explaining slowly, so the student's could understand. "Andromeda is located north of the celestial equator, it is named for Andromeda, daughter of Cassiopeia, in the Greek myth, who was chained to a rock to be eaten by the sea monster Cetus. Andromeda is most prominent during autumn evenings in the Northern Hemisphere, along with several other constellations named for characters in the Perseus myth. Because of its northern declination, Andromeda is only visible north of 40° south latitude; for observers farther south it lies below the horizon. It is one of the largest constellations, with an area of 722 square degrees. This is over 1,400 times the size of the full moon, 55% of the size of the largest constellation." Then she paused. "Does anybody know which the largest constellation is? Take a guess for five points." She grinned.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Astronomy :: Lesson One   Astronomy :: Lesson One - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 30, 2012 2:54 pm

Aurora raced up the stone steps, two at a time. Her hair was flying everywhere, but she didn't care. She hadn't yet been late for a class, so she hadn't realized how frantic she would be. A book fell out of her bag, and Aurora had to backtrack to pick it up. Silently cursing herself, she stowed the book away (just her luck; it was the Astronomy book. She would be coming to class with a bent book.) and continued up the stairs. She arrived just as the new teacher was saying, "Does anybody know which the largest constellation is? Take a guess for five points." Aurora didn't know, so she tried to quietly slip into a seat near the back.
Back to top Go down
Shah Chelsea Hazel
Admin
Admin
Shah Chelsea Hazel

My Character
Activity: Adult, Trainee Auror

PostSubject: Re: Astronomy :: Lesson One   Astronomy :: Lesson One - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 04, 2012 1:02 pm

Shah raised her hand and spoke when she was granted permission. "I'm not really sure, Professor Adela. But is it Hydra?" She wasn't certain but, she had definitely heard someone somewhere say that.
Back to top Go down
Kim Frey
Admin
Admin
Kim Frey

My Character
Activity: Slytherin - Year 3, Radio Worker

PostSubject: Re: Astronomy :: Lesson One   Astronomy :: Lesson One - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 05, 2012 7:52 am

Kim listened as Shah answered the question. She was not pretty sure on what the answer is, and she had already won points from a while back, she decided to stay quite on this one.
Back to top Go down
http://thedrunktrain.blogspot.com

PostSubject: Re: Astronomy :: Lesson One   Astronomy :: Lesson One - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 30, 2012 9:45 am

"That is right, Miss Hazel. Five points to Gryffindor." Helen smiled at Shah.

She continued with the lesson, "Its brightest star, Alpha Andromedae, is a binary star that has also been counted as a part of Pegasus, while Gamma Andromedae is a colorful binary and a popular target for amateur astronomers." She paused again. "By the way, a binary star is star system consisting of two stars orbiting around their common center of mass."

"The constellation's most obvious deep-sky object is the naked-eye Andromeda Galaxy, the closest spiral galaxy to the Milky Way." She said and sat down behind the desk. "We have come to the end of the lesson. Any questions?"
Back to top Go down
Kim Frey
Admin
Admin
Kim Frey

My Character
Activity: Slytherin - Year 3, Radio Worker

PostSubject: Re: Astronomy :: Lesson One   Astronomy :: Lesson One - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 30, 2012 10:46 am

Kim surely knows that there are no questions bothering her head, though she seemed to be confused on how the professor concluded the lesson. She decided to stay quite for a while, waiting for further instructions.
Back to top Go down
http://thedrunktrain.blogspot.com
Wade Malfoy
Admin
Admin
Wade Malfoy

My Character
Activity: Dark Wizard

PostSubject: Re: Astronomy :: Lesson One   Astronomy :: Lesson One - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 01, 2012 2:48 am

Out of nowhere, Wade decided to raise hid hand and wait for approval to ask his question. When he got it, he asked, "I'm sorry, but considering our location and all, which constellation would you say is the easiest to see? Because, I think we should have some sort of field-trip. For example, we could go camp outside and study the stars up close? It's really just a suggestion..."
He waited, excited hear Professor Adela's answer.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Astronomy :: Lesson One   Astronomy :: Lesson One - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 19, 2012 6:36 am

Helen smiled at the boy. "I will think about it, Mr Malfoy."

She dispersed the class.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Astronomy :: Lesson One   Astronomy :: Lesson One - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Astronomy :: Lesson One
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2