Live the Magic!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
The Admins
Fast Links
Current time
SPRING
Year: 2034
Term: 13
Month: March

Term 13 until TBA
House Points
Chat Box
Vote For Us
Affiliates
Photobucket Shadowplay HOS The Beginning Magical World of Harry Potter THE GIRL IS DANGEROUS Hogwarts Academy

Click here to affiliate!
Latest topics
» Chances (Ariel)
Making Amends (Phin) EmptySat May 28, 2016 11:34 pm by Ariel Wilde

» HUGE REALLY VERY IMPORTANT UPDATE - PLEASE READ
Making Amends (Phin) EmptySat May 21, 2016 11:40 pm by Hunter VanDerberg

» Sunny Afternoon (Open to Anyone)
Making Amends (Phin) EmptyFri May 20, 2016 6:58 am by Marielle Prince

» An Unfortunate Accident (Open)
Making Amends (Phin) EmptyMon May 16, 2016 2:41 am by Marielle Prince

» Marielle Aveline Prince
Making Amends (Phin) EmptySun May 15, 2016 8:57 pm by Sky

» Claim a Face
Making Amends (Phin) EmptySun May 15, 2016 8:08 am by Marielle Prince

» AFFILIATE HERE
Making Amends (Phin) EmptyMon May 09, 2016 2:42 am by Ariadne O'Rieley

» My charries need something fot their life (a plots)
Making Amends (Phin) EmptyWed May 04, 2016 8:10 am by Jessica Kim

» The Gif Game 2.0
Making Amends (Phin) EmptyTue May 03, 2016 7:39 am by Humphrey Williams

» A Dying Trade (one of JETTS characters)
Making Amends (Phin) EmptyMon May 02, 2016 12:25 am by Augustus Beckett

» Wild Child [Ariadne]
Making Amends (Phin) EmptySun May 01, 2016 6:01 am by Ariadne O'Rieley

» History Of Magic Application
Making Amends (Phin) EmptyFri Apr 22, 2016 9:41 pm by Morgana Gaunt

» Semi - Activity Check!
Making Amends (Phin) EmptyFri Apr 22, 2016 11:56 am by Hunter VanDerberg

» EVELYN'S "DRAWINGS"
Making Amends (Phin) EmptySun Apr 17, 2016 10:30 pm by Morgana Gaunt

» I Won't Say I'm In Love (closed-one shot)
Making Amends (Phin) EmptySun Apr 17, 2016 5:18 pm by Miranda Cunningham

Making Amends (Phin)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Aoife O'Donnell
Adult
Aoife O'Donnell

My Character
::
Activity: Gryffindor - Year 7, Head Girl

Making Amends (Phin) Empty
PostSubject: Making Amends (Phin)   Making Amends (Phin) EmptySat Dec 26, 2015 11:35 pm

After talking to Hunter, and paying very little attention to Hunter in favour of thinking about Phin, Aoife had decided that it was time to do something. As in, talk to Phineas and work out what was going on, and why he might hate her. In all honestly, she'd barely thought about Phin at all since they last saw each other, what with being back at home and trying to be an adult and get her life together. But now she was worried that he absolutely despised her, and she had to fix whatever was broken so that they could be the same friends they used to be. She didn't know why she hadn't already - it was totally easy just to apparate here, living in Ireland wasn't even an excuse. Although she might use it as one if that turned out to be necessary. Maybe it was her pride that stopped her, the idea that whatever was going on was Phin's fault, so he should be the one to make stuff better. But that hadn't worked, so she was resorting to this, showing up to Phin's work and demanding he talk to her.

It wasn't at all difficult once she'd decided to do it. She just apparated to Diagon Alley and was right outside Ollivander's. Simple. But she was kind of hesitant, so ended up procrastinating by wandering down the street, trying to convince herself that she was interested in whatever was in the window of Flourish and Blotts'. But she came to her senses and walked back, pushing open the door of Ollivander's and hurrying inside before she could change her mind. Only, there was nobody in there, at least not where Aoife could see. The shop was open - there must be someone there somewhere, probably in the back or whatever. Only then did she think that there might be someone other than Phin here. Whoever those weirdos he lived with were, for example. She'd rather avoid them. Crossing her fingers it was Phin here and not them, she looked around once more before calling, "Phin, are you there? Phinny-Phin-Phin?" Oh, she hoped so.

JO:
Back to top Go down
Phineas Button

Phineas Button

My Character
Activity: Hufflepuff Dropout

PostSubject: Re: Making Amends (Phin)   Making Amends (Phin) EmptySun Dec 27, 2015 3:20 am

Phin was absolutely bored. With Miranda gone at her whatever job, Phin now had to man the counter on his own sometimes. Which was fine. Except when people needed something done with their wands. Phin didn't know shit about them. When Hunter came in, repero was the first thing that came to mind when he said "wand broken". It was the most obvious thing he could come up with. And when that didn't work, his future in the wandlore business didn't look too bright. He sat at the counter drawing a sheep on a notepad. He spent a lot of time doodling these days. Alek was upstairs working on some inventory and billing stuff, which meant that Phin was alone to do as he pleased. He finished his sheep, and instantly became sad. They reminded him of his once best friend. The one thing that was a constant in his life that had suddenly disappeared. He had tried writing to her once, and never got a reply back. He had hoped that his letter got lost in the mail.

He could still picture her face. Her red hair. Her big brown eyes. Her obsessive thoughts with sheep. Which was why when he saw the sheep, he scribbled it out in an angry way. Just then, he looked at his drawing, and back up to the window. He thought he saw somebody appear, and then walk away. Was it her? He secretly hoped it wasn't. He was too pissed at Miranda to have anything to do with Aoife. Yes, Miranda was his guardian. Yes, he should be supportive of her. But she had been saying things at the wrong time and getting everybody mad, and Phin was getting tired of it. Quitting the shop was the last straw. He was almost glad to be going back to school in the spring. Just as his thoughts about Aoife where diminishing away, her loud shrilling voice filled his ears with that horrible nickname. He flinched a little bit and looked up. He had thought that when he saw her again, all his feelings would come back. He was proud to say that that didn't happen. He stared at her with a straight face. He asked, "Do you have to call me that? I'm not 12 anymore you know... Oh wait, you wouldn't know." He almost wanted to tell her that they were closed, and go up stairs and share a drink with Alek. But one, he wasn't illegal. And two, Miranda would kill him, with her words, and bare hands.

He felt bad about his remark. Truthfully, he did miss her. He missed her smell, and her red hair, and deep brown eyes, and obsessiveness with sheep. But it wasn't in the same way as before. He missed her company. He said, "Sorry that was rude. How may I help you?" He had learned that it was better to keep things bottled up. It was better to not show people how he felt. In the end, they ended up betraying him. So it was best to leave it at that. Phin didn't want to deal with this today, so he decided to remain professional. Was that going to be how it was from now on? Him being professional?

Back to top Go down
Aoife O'Donnell
Adult
Aoife O'Donnell

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Making Amends (Phin)   Making Amends (Phin) EmptySun Dec 27, 2015 2:19 pm

It was only now, standing here in Ollivander's and thinking about Phin, that Aoife realised quite how much she missed him. How much she missed any human company at all, but especially Phin. Since she'd met him when he was like, a first year, she hadn't spent this long away from him ever, she didn't think. He'd been one of her first real friends, too. And her best friend, a much better best friend than Hunter had been. And when Hunter was being an irritating, moody teenage moron, Phin had still been there for her. And when Phin was going through all that family stuff, Aoife had been there for Phin. They'd been the coolest best friends at Hogwarts. What had gone wrong? Why didn't they even talk anymore? Aoife didn't even know what Phin's reasons were, nothing made sense and she didn't know whether it was her fault. She guessed that was why she was here, to find out exactly what had happened and resolve it.

When she saw Phin coming towards her, she beamed, hoping that she could convince him that they were still best friends with her radiant smile. But no, he didn't seem too convinced. Her face fell when he made a snarky remark about her cute nickname for him, and she realised it wasn't going to be at all easy to win him over. Aoife waited for him to finish talking before she spoke. "No- no Phin, I know you're not twelve," she said, as calmly as she could. "You're... um... fifteen, sixteen? Whatever, it doesn't matter, I know you aren't a child." She paused, biting her lip. "And of course I won't call you that if you don't like it. But people over twelve can have nicknames too, you know." Not that she ever really had any nicknames. The name Aoife was a little difficult to shorten or change or whatever. Well that was, unless you counted mean and rude nicknames, like 'the weird sheep girl' or 'that ginger demon'. Which she totally didn't. They totally weren't true. But that wasn't important. Phineas Button was important. Which was why she was here right now.

Aoife frowned, a little confused when he asked how he could help her in that strange formal voice, before she realised he thought she'd come for something wand-related. Maybe she should have formulated an excuse before she came here, deliberately broke her wand or something. She was worried he'd just kick her out without listening to her now. Maybe she could pay him anyway, and he'd let her stay. "Oh, I don't need a wand thanks - hey, can you really fix wands and stuff now? Real wandlore or whatever? That's so cool!" It was a little sad that Phin was more of an adult than she was. Having a real job and stuff. But she was letting herself be distracted, getting sidetracked. "Uh, I actually just wanted to find out what the hell's going on," she muttered. "And, uh, apologise if it's my fault. So, what's going on? Why do you suddenly hate me?" She raised her voice a little at the end, without realising, quite angry at Phineas.
Back to top Go down
Phineas Button

Phineas Button

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Making Amends (Phin)   Making Amends (Phin) EmptySat Jan 02, 2016 5:03 am

Phin suddenly felt a little bad for being so rude to her. That wasn't like him. He was usually the sweet innocent Hufflepuff that forgave everyone. Alek must be rubbing off on him. Which wasn't good. He wasn't the best influence. He sighed when she started rambling. He said, "I'm sorry. That was uncalled for. Wanna start over?" Phin surprised himself. He had told himself over and over that he wasn't going to apologize and give in to her irresistible personality. It wasn't a puppy love feeling that he had felt before, it was an "I'm sorry I wanna start everything over and be best friends with you again without all the confusing feelings. I want to forget everything bad that ever happened. Can we start over?" Phin sighed. He had told himself that he was going to stay strong. He wasn't going to give in to her addictiveness. But he had failed. He gave in. He missed her too damn much.

Snapping at her about his old nickname, seemed to make it worse. He secretly loved it. Now was the time to admit it. He ran a hand threw his hair and said, "And...I wouldn't mind being called Phinny-Phin-Phin if it makes you happy..." Making her happy had always been his main objective. He just had a weird and awkward way of showing it. Phin was glad that he wasn't his old self. His old self would've been too swamped with his feelings towards Aoife, or trying to get over her to do or say anything else. The fact that she had stayed friends with him for as long as she had was amazing. He continued, " I wanted to thank you for uh-sticking with me for as long as you did. I know I haven't been the easiest, but I feel like I've grown up a lot, and I realize I did stupid shit."

Phin felt that this was the first step to becoming a different person. He wasn't sure who this person was yet, but he knew he liked him. Aoife started freaking out a little bit more about what was going on with his life. Apparently she thought that he could do wandlore now. He really couldn't. Any major wand thing, Miranda dealt with, and anything she couldn't fix, Alek took care of. He was mainly there to help clean and do inventory. He was realizing now how much he missed school, and kids his own age. It was scary how much things where changing so fast. He had moved away from his parents and in with Alek, Miranda had moved in shortly after, they bonded, and she surprised him by adopting him. He had also dropped out of school, and Miranda had gotten a job at the Ministry changing everything, and now he was going back to school. It had been a long hard couple of years but everything was playing out. Phin said, "Well.. I mainly do inventory and clean and stuff. Alek is upstairs handling some paper work. He does most of the wandlore stuff that comes through. I tried the other day to do one myself and failed epically. I'm thinking this isn't for me..."

Aoife started panicking. He said, "Whoaaa, calm down. It's my fault really. I'm sorry about everything. Things have been great here up until recently... It's changing quiet a bit. I'm actually going to talk to Miranda about going back to school... I wrote a letter to the headmaster, and he said that I could go back as a sixth year! So I don't have to repeat fifth. Miranda is the one who adopted me by the way. And before you say something...Yes I know she's only two years older than me, but anything to get away from my parents, and it works. I can't explain it, but it works." Nobody really understood when they heard that Miranda was two years older than him. They didn't have too. Miranda and Phin understood and that was all that mattered. He gave his best smile to Aoife letting her know that he really was okay. That everything was looking up for him.
Back to top Go down
Aoife O'Donnell
Adult
Aoife O'Donnell

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Making Amends (Phin)   Making Amends (Phin) EmptyMon Feb 15, 2016 2:35 pm

Aoife immediately felt relieved when Phin's attitude towards her changed completely and he apologised. She'd rather not spend ages trying to convince him that she was a good person really. Because she wasn't, everyone knew that. "Yes. Please. Thank you," she beamed, really really glad they could just move past that awkward period of living miles away from each other and not making any effort to talk at all. Because Phin was her best friend, and she missed him a lot since they weren't at Hogwarts doing dumb shit and spending time together every day. That had been good. Especially since she didn't have that many good friends then, at Hogwarts. And she didn't now either, which was why it would be even more fantastic to be best friends with Phin again. Even if he had made stupid decisions and done stupid stuff more times than she could count. "And I'm sorry Phin." She held her arms out for a hug.

"Hey, I won't call you Phinny-Phin-Phin anymore then." That would take a lot of getting used to, she guessed. But she'd deal with it, because she was such an amazing best friend. Hopefully still best friend, anyway. "Well, not as often anyway," she added as an afterthought, deciding she just couldn't manage to stop with the nickname altogether. Nicknames were her thing - Phinny-Phin-Phin, Vicky-Tori, Hunter-The-Awful-Git. Aoife smiled when he thanked her for something kind of stupid. "Don't worry about it, I think I'm the one more difficult to put up with in this partnership. And we've both done stupid shit, let's forget about it." And she wasn't entirely sure about the grown up thing but she didn't mention it.. Neither of them were really the best at being adults.

Aoife nodded. "Oh," she said, for once not really sure what to say. "Well... I guess you'll work your way up. Learn stuff as you go along." And then eventually be a wandlore genius. To her, it seemed like Phin was wasting his time here, doing a job he didn't really know anything about instead of staying at school to study to do something he actually liked. But she wasn't going to bring that up and start another fight, since they'd only just resolved the last one. She just wanted him to be happy, and he didn't seem to be too happy here. As a secretary, or whatever it was that Russian man had him doing to earn his keep here. He could decide himself though, when he wanted to be actually happy. So she kept her mouth shut.

"No, it's not your fault. Not any more than it's my fault." She actually laughed with relief when he told her that the headmaster was letting him go back to Hogwarts next term. "That's amazing!" she beamed. Maybe he did have a future after all. "Then you can get really good NEWTs and be really successful and do what you want!" Genuinely, she wanted Phin to do well so much. She held back a frown or a mean comment when he mentioned that girl Miranda was his legal guardian now. Aoife wasn't sure how that worked with the ministry and the law - maybe it wasn't even legal - but she didn't think too much about it. She supposed he wouldn't need an adoptive parent when he returned to Hogwarts anyway. Naturally, Aoife was just critical of Miranda and her parenting skills, since she was only a little older than her, and it was her keeping Phin here doing admin work for her shop.
Back to top Go down
Phineas Button

Phineas Button

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Making Amends (Phin)   Making Amends (Phin) EmptyThu Mar 10, 2016 6:55 pm

Phin sighed in relief when Aoife agreed to move on from everything. He really had missed her, and seeing her everyday, and just being there for her when she needed it. Everything was finally looking up for Phin. He had his best friend back, he was going back to school, and he had Miranda in more ways than one. Sometimes he likes to look back at his old self, and laugh because of how rediculous he was. But he supposed he could blame his parents for that one. All he ever did was try and impress them and it never worked. So when he realized that, everything started going down hill. He could only hope that they either changed for his little brother so they didn't make the same mistake twice, or his little brother realized it before so much happened he couldn't take it back. It wasn't a forgive and forget world out there, but in this case he would make an exception because it was Aoife. Everything seemed to be falling into place and now his life was complete. Well almost. He just needed a girlfriend, then everything would be perfect.

He began to wonder if going back to school would be a mistake. Alek would be completely alone with Miranda now at the ministry. But he was trying to not let that bother him. He would just be in the way if it was him and Alek. Phin said, "so what's new with you? Still sheep obsessed?" He laughed a little bit. That was the one thing he loved about Aoife. She was unique. She was difficult, she was confusing, and at the same time she was marvolus, stunning, and caring even if she denied it. This was all being said with his little crush out of the way. He had gotten to know her through out the years and he had realized that his geeky thirteen year old self had taken advantage of actually getting N to know the amazing person Aoife really was. Now his 16 year old self was realizing there was more to her than just trying to win her heart, which he learned was impossible. If VanDerberg couldn't do it, then he couldn't stand a chance.

When she went on about the shop, he just looked at his hands. Wandlore wasn't exactly for him. All he did was screw up. He wanted to do something where he could help people, and at the same time feel good about him self. He didn't want to get a job that just made him look bad and seem like a joke. That was no fun. It was good for a while for when he was trying to figure stuff out, but now that things where heading in the right direction, he needed something more stable. Something that could keep him on his feet. He said, "I think I'm giving up on the Wandlore shit... I tried fixing VanDerbergs wand the other day and just made it worse. Never use Reparo on a wand by the way." He laughed a little bit at himself. He supposed what he did to VanDerbergs wand was pay back for stealing something he cared about.

As he explained the whole Miranda/Adopting thing, he could see her feeling skeptical about the entire situation. Yes he would be 17 in a few years. But this was just to stop his parents from thinking they could just waltz back into his life and take him back. It would take a lot more than that for him to even trust them or speak words to them ever again. The only thing would probably be his little brother. Phin would want to check in with him from time to time. And if his father ever laid a finger on him, Ohhh Phin would probably kill his father. Phin started getting pissed. He said, "I saw my parents for the first time in months a couple weeks ago..." His fists clenched and he could feel his teeth grinding. It made him so mad that his mother and father would even think about having another child. He hoped they didn't screw this one up like they did with Phin.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Making Amends (Phin)   Making Amends (Phin) Empty

Back to top Go down

Making Amends (Phin)
Page 1 of 1