Live the Magic!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
The Admins
Fast Links
Current time
SPRING
Year: 2034
Term: 13
Month: March

Term 13 until TBA
House Points
Chat Box
Vote For Us
Affiliates
Photobucket Shadowplay HOS The Beginning Magical World of Harry Potter THE GIRL IS DANGEROUS Hogwarts Academy

Click here to affiliate!
Latest topics
» Chances (Ariel)
Ponies and Superheroes (Aeva) EmptySat May 28, 2016 11:34 pm by Ariel Wilde

» HUGE REALLY VERY IMPORTANT UPDATE - PLEASE READ
Ponies and Superheroes (Aeva) EmptySat May 21, 2016 11:40 pm by Hunter VanDerberg

» Sunny Afternoon (Open to Anyone)
Ponies and Superheroes (Aeva) EmptyFri May 20, 2016 6:58 am by Marielle Prince

» An Unfortunate Accident (Open)
Ponies and Superheroes (Aeva) EmptyMon May 16, 2016 2:41 am by Marielle Prince

» Marielle Aveline Prince
Ponies and Superheroes (Aeva) EmptySun May 15, 2016 8:57 pm by Sky

» Claim a Face
Ponies and Superheroes (Aeva) EmptySun May 15, 2016 8:08 am by Marielle Prince

» AFFILIATE HERE
Ponies and Superheroes (Aeva) EmptyMon May 09, 2016 2:42 am by Ariadne O'Rieley

» My charries need something fot their life (a plots)
Ponies and Superheroes (Aeva) EmptyWed May 04, 2016 8:10 am by Jessica Kim

» The Gif Game 2.0
Ponies and Superheroes (Aeva) EmptyTue May 03, 2016 7:39 am by Humphrey Williams

» A Dying Trade (one of JETTS characters)
Ponies and Superheroes (Aeva) EmptyMon May 02, 2016 12:25 am by Augustus Beckett

» Wild Child [Ariadne]
Ponies and Superheroes (Aeva) EmptySun May 01, 2016 6:01 am by Ariadne O'Rieley

» History Of Magic Application
Ponies and Superheroes (Aeva) EmptyFri Apr 22, 2016 9:41 pm by Morgana Gaunt

» Semi - Activity Check!
Ponies and Superheroes (Aeva) EmptyFri Apr 22, 2016 11:56 am by Hunter VanDerberg

» EVELYN'S "DRAWINGS"
Ponies and Superheroes (Aeva) EmptySun Apr 17, 2016 10:30 pm by Morgana Gaunt

» I Won't Say I'm In Love (closed-one shot)
Ponies and Superheroes (Aeva) EmptySun Apr 17, 2016 5:18 pm by Miranda Cunningham

Ponies and Superheroes (Aeva)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Hunter VanDerberg
Admin
Admin
Hunter VanDerberg

My Character
::
Activity: Trainee Auror

Ponies and Superheroes (Aeva) Empty
PostSubject: Ponies and Superheroes (Aeva)   Ponies and Superheroes (Aeva) EmptySat Nov 07, 2015 12:13 am

I'm setting this around early October for plot purposes, just in case it matters Razz

Cooking was overrated. It wasn't that Hunter was bad at it - if anything, most dinner recipes were a thousand times easier than most potions that he could brew with no problem. It was just that it was a pain. A huge pain, and it involved having to always buy ingredients for everything that you wanted to eat, and it involved way too much planning and effort, and took way too much time. So, as a rule, Hunter lived primarily on frozen microwave dinners and take-out. And he was out of frozen meals, so today, he let himself back into his apartment around dinner time with a paper bag seeping with grease. The Queen's Head was only a few blocks away, and they had decent food, so Hunter had popped in to pick up a burger and then headed back to his apartment to get back to studying. That was all he did. Work. Eat. Study. And of course, go out at night on weekends. But this wasn't a weekend and he had a shit ton to do.

As soon as he opened the door, the dogs were on top of him. "You're both gits. You aren't happy to see me, you just want my food," he said to them, ignoring them and closing the door behind him. Sitting down at the table, he shoved a few books enough out of the way to make space for his food. Taking a bite of his burger, Hunter pulled his phone out of his pocket and set it down on the table, flipping absentmindedly through his homescreen. His eyes scanned his apps, looking for anything interesting, but even the most usually addicting ones weren't seeming interesting right now. He snorted as he caught sight of the Flappy Bird icon. Fuck that game. Literally, Hunter had wasted too many hours of his life trying to get that fucking bird between those fucking pipes. It was a bird. Why didn't it just fly around the pipes?

He really ought to delete it, but couldn't bring himself to do it, so he went into his contacts instead. For the millionth time, he wished that Ariel was able to use her phone at Hogwarts. He'd only just surprised her in Hogsmeade the other day, and already he missed her. He stared at her name in his contact list for a few moments - he wasn't sure when the next time he'd get to see her would be. His eyes drifted up the list, and he smirked a bit in amusement as he realized the next name up was Aeva. That could be interesting, considering the last time. But maybe sober, having her around would actually be fun and not completely chaotic. Since he didn't really have anything to lose - unless she was shitfaced drunk at that very moment - Hunter tapped her name. With a grin, he typed for a moment and sent her a text.

What's up Wonderwoman? Come study. The ponies miss you.
Back to top Go down
Aeva Rivière
Adult
Aeva Rivière

PostSubject: Re: Ponies and Superheroes (Aeva)   Ponies and Superheroes (Aeva) EmptySat Nov 07, 2015 2:02 am

Aeva was simply exhausted to put it simple. She had been busy helping Maddy rearrange and decorate her room all day but not only that. She had been helping to decorate the nursery. Mainly, she'd agreed to it because she didn't feel like dealing with an upset Madeleine. Aeva thought it was entirely too early to start setting up a nursery, even it it were only painting the walls gray and yellow and adding some gender neutral furniture. Aeva's thoughts didn't matter apparently. When she had taken Maddy clothes shopping a few days ago, they argued about whether or not it was too early for Maddy to get maternity clothes and baby clothes and of course she won. Not because it wasn't too early and Aeva was wrong, but because Aeva was just sick of arguing about something that really only concerned her when it came time for the thing to occupy a room in her not so vacant home. It had taken hours to build the crib and the dressers and the rocker and they still weren't done. Since Madeleine was pregnant, Aeva was doing most of the painting and the building while Maddy organised and read directions to explain to Aeva. By the end of the day, Aeva could only see yellow and gray chevron stripes and her nose probably would forever inhale the smell of paint.

Aeva was sure that at some point she'd be repainting the room because the child would grow up or she'd need to use the room for something else and she wasn't about to leave no fucking zigzags on her walls. Maddy's first idea had been far worse, she wanted to deck out the room with paintings of trees and owls and Aeva had put her foot down really quick and said fuck no. She was not about to have any of that shit. The woman had finished around five for the day and taken a long, hot shower before finally cooking a simple pot of spaghetti - enough for two. She couldn't believe that on her one day off she had just spent the entire fucking day working and she was pissed. Madeleine should be grateful that Aeva helped her, that Aeva took her in because Aeva could have said no. She could have kicked her and the little larvae in her out but she didn't. It seemed like the more Aeva thought of the circumstances and her niece or nephew, the angrier she grew and she sort of couldn't wait for the day the anger diminished. Eventually, she'd love her sister and maybe even her sister's child, but it wouldn't be today. Aeva had been so distracted, that she burned their spaghetti, causing the smoke alarms to go off and the smell of burnt pasta to fill the air. "Fuck!" She dumped the food in the trash and threw the pot into the sink before getting out some bread and making a sandwich.

The woman had just finished eating and had started to play Subway Surfers when her phone vibrated. It was from Hunter. Fucking git. The text blocked the game causing her surfer girl to crash into a train. Rolling her eyes at the text, she laughed and replied: Burnt the fucking spagheti. Be there in 10. It was weird, texting. She flipped the little contraption over in her hands and rubbed her thumb over the shiny apple. Her father had begged her to get it before she permanently moved to England, right before her mother died. Since then, she had upgraded a bit. The cell phone or whatever it was called was actually pretty nifty, she could message people and call them and play games and surf the internet all in one device and if that wasn't magic, then she didn't know what was. It was a Muggle invention which shocked Aeva. Maybe, Muggles were more wizard like than wizards were because they had to invent things like cars to get places when wizards could apparate. Aeva grabbed her coat and headed out, not bothering to tell Maddy where she was going because fuck, she wasn't her babysitter.

The walk to Hunter's apartment was short and it was nice, specially after working all day. Sure, it was nothing compared to training at the Ministry but it was hard in itself, mainly because she'd been cooped up with Maddy for several hours with no where to go - until now. The cool October air felt crisp - fresh against her face and she inhaled deeply, the scent of paint leaving her nostrils. She looked down and only then did she realise how normal she looked. Her red hair had been tied up in a very loose knot on her head so she reached up and pulled it out, ruffling her hair as it fell over her shoulders and down her back. Her shorts were the typical Aeva shorts - thigh length jean shorts and her shirt was a bit baggier than usual, however it wasn't super baggy and it was splattered in gray and yellow paint. She sighed. She was sure Hunter didn't care, hell she didn't care but a piece of her wished she had.

Hunter's apartment building was a bit warmer than the outside air and it smelled like cinnamon. As she made her way up a flight of stairs, she noticed his door was cracked open still and she assumed maybe he left it that way or some shit. Giving a soft knock, she pushed open the door and saw him at the table. Shit! She'd forgotten her books, unless he didn't mean actual studying. "Really? Are you really not going to fucking let that go?" She pushed the door closed so no one could hear her. She let out a soft laugh and took her coat off. She threw it over the arm of a chair as she made her way to where Hunter looked to be eating, however there was so many books she couldn't be certain. "What are we studying?" She gave him a sly smile.

***Here's the nursery http://landscapecreationsofflorida.com/i/2015/07/bedding-linens-lovable-bedding-sets-gray-and-yellow-fluffy-yellow-and-gray-baby-bedding-target-astonishing-modern-yellow-and-gray-bedding-grey-comforter-sets-gray-and-yellow-bedding.jpg
Back to top Go down
Hunter VanDerberg
Admin
Admin
Hunter VanDerberg

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Ponies and Superheroes (Aeva)   Ponies and Superheroes (Aeva) EmptySun Nov 08, 2015 8:41 pm

When Hunter's phone dinged with Aeva's response, he laughed and got up to crack the door for her so that she could just come in. He kept his eyes locked on Alaska, who was curled up against Rex in the corner, as he returned to his chair. "If you run away, I won't go looking for you," he warned her. It actually was lucky that Alaska and Rex had ended up hitting it off so well, after the initial confusion - the wolf pup hardly left the older dog's side. It was pretty convenient when Hunter needed her to stay put for something. When Aeva finally stepped through the door - which actually didn't take much longer than she said it would, Hunter had finished his burger and was picking at the chips, his eyes skimming the same sentence in the textbook beside him for the hundredth time. He glanced over and grinned widely at her as she shoved the door closed behind her. "Never. Or, at least not until I come across something better - not an easy feat, I'd imagine." Hunter really wasn't sure if anything would ever be more hilarious than what had taken place the week before when Aeva had barged into his apartment unannounced.

"I see you remembered to wear a shirt this time," he added pointedly, smirking. "Which is good, because you aren't getting another one of mine. You still haven't given back the last one." Hunter wasn't sure if he could peg the exact moment that he and Aeva had become so comfortable with each other. It wasn't like they'd ever not gotten along, but since the last time Aeva had been there, Hunter was surprised to find that he'd been treating her less like a work acquaintance or a potential notch in his belt and more like an actual friend. It wasn't that he was trying to, but they had a kind of bantering, sarcastic way of interacting that made it too easy for Hunter to be himself around her. Maybe it was because she didn't seemed turned off by his less-than-charming attitude. When Hunter was flirting with some random girl in a bar, it was the easiest thing in the world to turn on the charm to get what he wanted. But he worked with Aeva every day - it wasn't as though he'd really expected to be able to keep it up very long with her. Letting her in completely wasn't something that Hunter planned to do - but she'd already spent the night and cooked him breakfast, which was more than he could say for anyone he'd ever brought home, so he may as well accept that she was already more than a random acquaintance.

"You're covered in paint," he informed her, as though she didn't already know, popping another chip into his mouth. "Are you remodeling or something?" Hunter asked, holding the bag of chips out in Aeva's direction in case she wanted any. His own apartment could probably use a bit of renovation, but Hunter could hardly be bothered. It wasn't as though he'd live there the rest of his life, so why bother putting any effort into changing the place around? He'd only be doing a favor for the next owner, and he was hardly nice enough to do anything to the place with somebody else in mind rather than himself. Hunter stood up to toss the empty paper bag from his food, kicking out a chair at the table for Aeva in the process. "You have some in your hair, you know," he said with a grin, reaching out to tug on a too-yellow piece of her hair as he passed her.

"Well, it's either Defensive Strategies of the Second Wizarding War, or.....," Hunter trailed off, his eyes skimming across the books scattered around the table. "Or Using The Earth and it's Natural Barriers to Your Advantage," he added, reading the title directly off of a book on the top of one of the piles. "I haven't gotten to that one yet. I've been saving it until last because it sounds so unbelievably interesting," he deadpanned, sarcasm dripping from his voice. Looking up at her, Hunter grinned and raised an eyebrow at the look on Aeva's face. It wasn't that he couldn't tell that she was being suggestive - it was that she sort of had this way of always sounding suggestive, and he never knew if she really was or if it was just how she talked, or if he just assumed that everything she said was meant in that way since she'd practically tried to sexually assault him the week before. Normally, he wouldn't spend so much effort trying to figure it out, but Aeva wasn't some random girl that he never had to see again. She was a co-worker. He'd have to see her every day, so reading her wrong wasn't something he could afford to do. "What, did you not think I was really studying?" he asked her innocently, his tone open to interpretation. "Seems to be a common misconception - but I do know how to read, you know?" Just because he hadn't studied in school didn't mean that he didn't know how
Back to top Go down
Aeva Rivière
Adult
Aeva Rivière

PostSubject: Re: Ponies and Superheroes (Aeva)   Ponies and Superheroes (Aeva) EmptyTue Nov 10, 2015 10:28 pm

Before Aeva had crossed the room, she noticed Hunter's two dogs curled up next to each other in the corner. Usually, she would've called over a dog to pet it but after calling them ponies or whatever the fuck happened a week ago when she was drunk, she often ignored them. Maybe she'd get her own dog, she was sure it'd be better company than Maddy AND she could pet it without Hunter making some sort of joke. Better yet, maybe she should just get a fucking pony and start riding it over to his apartment, let him make all the jokes he wanted. He'd probably fucking like it too. She shook her head before she had joined him, mainly because she couldn't imagine him asking what she was thinking about. Rolling her eyes, she thought about sitting down until she saw Hunter start to stand up. "Maybe I'll have to figure out something better then, because this is getting old," she gave him another smirk because obviously she wasn't serious. That was how their friendship or whatever the fuck they were went. They were both sarcastic little shits that got along surprisingly well. Of course the pony thing was a bit irritating but she didn't care too much unless he started to use it around work.

"Yeah, well I thought about taking it off along with my coat, but I didn't want to make you too excited. After all, you need to be able to focus on your studying, right?" Her voice was smooth, silky and very persuasive in that moment, much like a siren and she laughed because it was great, all of it. "Fuck Hunter, do you really want the shirt? Because I will give it back," she rolled her eyes because he was a handful and she didn't understand how they'd gotten where they were and how they didn't hate each other. Aeva thought that the two should fight and not get along, especially since Hunter had already reminded her that she always seemed to catch him around his good times, but she was wrong. In fact, the two were so similar and different, that their relationship thrived and Aeva didn't know what to think of it. She never met someone like him that would allow her to spend the night when she was shit-faced drunk and then proceed to cook them breakfast the next morning. In fact, she sort of felt a bit bad at the whole ordeal. She had no clue what had exactly happened that night but she'd heard snippets and that was all she wanted to know because she knew she was quite an interesting drunk. And she assumed, that because of that night their friendship would probably never, ever be the same again. And somehow she was perfectly okay with that.

"No shit Sherlock," she said, a grimace coming onto her face. She'd went to Hunter's to escape the thoughts that came with the sight of the disgusting yellow paint and here he was, pointing out the obvious. "Yeah, I wish it were that simple." She shook her head, watching as he ate chips and when he held the bag out to her, she took a handful. In a way she was renovating, but not because her home needed it. She was renovating for an uninvited guest, one that had to enter the world whether they wanted to or not and she had to accept their arrival because she wasn't heartless enough to kick out her sister. "My fucking sister just moved into my fucking house and apparently she's fucking pregnant," Aeva started, "she's only like two months in or some shit like that and she's already begged me to paint one of the damn spare rooms and set it up for the little parasite she's growing." There was no use in arguing with a pregnant woman, Aeva shook her head in anger. As he passed by her to toss the trash, he tugged a piece out of her hair. Grabbing his arm and lowering it, she looked up at his face, "Can you stop that? I'm trying to forget what just happened and here you are, reminding me of the banana coloured paint all over me." She wasn't angry with him, though it may have seemed like it, just frustrated with her current life situation.

"Those both sound really boring," Aeva said closing her eyes and pretending to snore. Though the whole using natural barriers to our advantage of whatever the fuck it was did sound sort of interesting. In all truth and honesty though, Aeva imagined stalking through some snowy terrain with a mound of icicles by her side helping her out and she was quite sure that was not what the book meant. "It may be more interesting than the first," she said, her shoulders shrugging as she spoke. Aeva wasn't a history person though and that was what the first book seemed like to her meaning the other would definitely intrigue her a bit more. The sudden realisation that they'd actually be studying hit Aeva - hard. Mainly, it hit so hard because she never though Hunter would invite her over to study and when he had, she didn't believe they'd be studying so now that that was exactly what it seemed he had planned, she looked incredibly dumbfounded. Though she did want a distraction from Madeleine and she was sure that studying - in the literal sense - could still get her mind off of her. "Well - yeah," she looked to him. "I never said you didn't, but there's funner things that could be going on as opposed to studying." It was just a suggestion. She supposed that she constantly seemed to be suggestive to Hunter and maybe he just thought that was how she was but it was far from that. In fact, she was only suggestive around him.
Back to top Go down
Hunter VanDerberg
Admin
Admin
Hunter VanDerberg

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Ponies and Superheroes (Aeva)   Ponies and Superheroes (Aeva) EmptyThu Nov 12, 2015 5:59 pm

There was no way that Aeva would come up with something better. She just didn’t know it, because Hunter had been nice enough to not reveal all of the details from the other night. He didn’t want to strip her completely of her dignity after all. And for some reason, it just all seemed funnier because only he knew that it had happened. ”It’ll never happen,” was all he said, not bothering to elaborate. And he knew she wouldn’t ask. Aeva seemed to want to forget that night, though he was hard pressed to never let that happen. At her next words, Hunter felt a smirk play onto his lips. ”Well, thanks for being so thoughtful.” Aeva was – amusing. Though it may not have been the right word, a better one didn’t come to mind. When he’d bumped into her at the ministry that day, he wouldn’t have guessed her to be so forward. Normally it was Hunter who was the forward one – and it wasn’t that he wasn’t being forward with her. It was just that it was so entertaining to sit back and watch for once that he couldn’t help himself.  The idea that she might think he was completely oblivious was funnier than it should have been. Though, in all honesty, it was already beginning to lose its novelty, and he was sure that if she kept it up he would wind up giving in. Because he’d be lying if he said he didn’t want to. He just wasn’t in any rush.

”What, you mean my favorite Gryffindor shirt that I cherish more than life itself? Why would I want that piece of shit back?” Hunter replied, his voice sarcastic but still joking.  Popping another chip into his mouth, he grinned. ”Nah, I’m just kidding, I don’t really care,” he said after a minute. He raised an eyebrow at her when she grabbed his arm to stop him from picking paint out of her hair. ”Fine then – leave it there for the rest of all eternity so that every time you look in the mirror you have to remember this awful moment in your life,” he replied, retracting his hand and rolling his eyes before stepping into the kitchen and tossing the empty bag into the trash. ”If you hate having her there so much, why not tell her to find her own place?” Hunter asked, the sarcasm finally falling from his voice, a curious tone replacing it. ”How come she moved in with you?” Hunter hadn’t even known that Aeva had a sister, and the last time they’d discussed her house she said she lived by herself.

”They both are really boring,” he replied, opening the refrigerator and reaching for the jug of iced tea in the back. ”But unfortunately, we need to know them, along with everything else on that table, front to back in order to pass our aptitude test. - You want anything?” he asked, grabbing a glass from the cupboard. Without waiting for an answer, he pulled out a second one, filling them both before recapping the jug and shoving it back in the fridge. ”Really though, you have started studying for it, right? If not, you should – I’m friends with one of the senior Aurors and she’s told me horror stories about it.” Lucy had given him all of the help she could when it came to preparing. I do have firewhiskey if you’d rather that by the way, but I’ll have to monitor your intake.”

And now they were back to being suggestive – only this time, it was even more humorous than normal – mostly because the look on Aeva’s face made it more than obvious that she hadn’t thought they’d be studying at all. ”I mean, I texted you to come and study,” he said, shrugging. ”So it only makes sense that I would be studying.” Keeping a straight face when he was lying through his teeth was a particular talent of Hunter’s. He raised an eyebrow when she pointed out that there were more fun things to do. For a minute, he contemplated dragging it out a bit longer, but quickly decided there wasn’t much of a point. Instead, he left the kitchen, rounding to her side of the counter. ”Well, studying is pretty important you know,” he said. Taking a step towards her, his hands found the counter on either side of her and he looked down at her face – which was suddenly not very far from his - with a mock-inquisitive expression. ”But you’re right. Let’s do something more fun.”
Back to top Go down
Aeva Rivière
Adult
Aeva Rivière

PostSubject: Re: Ponies and Superheroes (Aeva)   Ponies and Superheroes (Aeva) EmptySat Nov 14, 2015 12:45 am

Aeva did nothing.
Back to top Go down
Aeva Rivière
Adult
Aeva Rivière

PostSubject: Re: Ponies and Superheroes (Aeva)   Ponies and Superheroes (Aeva) EmptySat Nov 14, 2015 1:42 am

Aeva was quite positive that she could never come up with anything better, especially since Hunter had even been so kind as to not share all the details with her meaning she had NO clue what she'd have to top anyways. "Whatever," she said, rolling her eyes. She was sure it would if she ever visited him drunk again, but she'd try not to. In fact, she didn't know if she'd ever get shit faced drunk again unless someone could keep her locked up until she was sober. Aeva got shitfaced to forget her life problems and the problems she created when she was shitfaced - well she wanted to forget those too. Especially the night she had been with Hunter. The night where she'd went home to Maddy had been nothing compared to the little snippets Hunter had told her about and though she didn't show it, it was severely embarrassing. It was to the point that she almost wanted to avoid Hunter, though that would have been hard because of work. "No problem," she smirked, "though, I do have a killer set of abdominal muscles that you may have been interested in seeing." She let out a soft laugh and rested her arms on the counter top peering over at him. Her eyes directed themselves to his books, taking in the mess they created before they looked back to him.

"Then I'll keep it," Aeva replied, shrugging. "It's always nice to get a free shirt," she looked to him with a large grin on her face. She watched as he ate another chip. For someone training to be an Auror, she figured he would have watched what he ate a bit better but it seemed like he didn't care, which was understandable because she didn't care either but still. Sure Aeva's diet wasn't the best, but she didn't eat all the frozen and fried shit like he did. She ate more organic shit that was still just as shitty. "Good thing, right? But if you do decided to care, I can bring you one of my old Slytherin ones?" She gave him a sly smile as she offered him one of her shirts, clearly she was not hitting on him. "Or I can just do this - " she took out her wand and pointed it at her. After mumbling an incantation, she put the wand back up and ran her fingers through her hair noticing that what paint had been in her hair was now gone. "I haven't decided yet, I think it's because maybe some piece of me does enjoy having someone else there," she scoffed at the idea and then looked at Hunter. "You don't think I'm soft do you?" Fear crossed her face for a short moment before she continued, "Her husband or ex-husband abused her of something like that after finding out she was pregnant." Aeva seemed to lack sympathy for her sister and maybe she did, but despite not seeming to care about her she did. She just didn't know what to do. "I hadn't seen her since I was 16 and then all of a sudden she showed up on my doorstep." Aeva's brow furrowed as her line of vision lowered to Hunter's counter top.

Aeva smiled, "Obviously." Her voice trailed off as she watched his movements as he moved to the fridge. "Unfortunately everything seems to boil down to that stupid aptitude test." She sighed and before she could answer his question he had already pulled down two glasses. "Sure," she said, debating whether or not she should've told him no just to see what he would have done. She watched him pour what seemed to be cold tea and then place it back into the fridge. She was always amused when she saw someone with cold tea. Sure, it was alright and could quench someone thirst but why not hot? Especially since Autumn was starting to blow in. "Yes, of course I've begun to study for it," she said, "my life consists of work, studying, eating and sleeping. And of course, there's the occasional bar night." Okay, so maybe bar nights were quite often, but Hunter probably knew that. Maybe she should start stashing her own Firewhiskey and drinking at home, but that was no fun because there weren't any boys at her home. Aeva shook her head, "No, I think I'm good."

"Well yeah, I know what you texted me." After all, it was a text to her so obviously she'd been the one to read it but usually "studying" didn't mean actual studying. "Well if that's what you want," she shrugged, her voice trailing off again. If he really wanted to study then she assumed they could study, though she'd probably figure out a way to duck out at some point because studying was boring and it was hard enough to do it alone more or less with Hunter present because he was distracting. When he raised an eyebrow, she assumed he was thinking of the things that could be done and she smirked a bit and then as he got closer he began talking about how important studying was and all that shit and she found herself rolling her eyes again and looking away from him. As soon as she had noticed him coming around, she had turned so her back rested against the counter in order for her to be able to keep her eyes on him. She turned her head back to look at him and as soon as she did, he stepped forward, his hands holding onto the counter on either side of her, his face close. As he took the bait and agreed to do something more fun, she sucked in a breath and held it, unsure of what move to make. Despite her having wanted this, she was beyond nervous and she just couldn't shake it. Before she could think about it, she had already wrapped her hands around his neck and her lips were pressed against his. Instantly, the nervousness was gone and something else had replaced it. Something that felt like a roaring fire burning, needing more.
Back to top Go down
Hunter VanDerberg
Admin
Admin
Hunter VanDerberg

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Ponies and Superheroes (Aeva)   Ponies and Superheroes (Aeva) EmptyTue Nov 24, 2015 7:11 pm

Well, Aeva seemed to be in a good mood all of a sudden. Hunter just rolled his eyes at her comment, resisting the urge to remind her that he’d already seen her killer set of abdominal muscles the last time she’d shown up half naked at his apartment. But that joke would only be good for so long, and he didn’t want to waste it now, since it had already been brought up. He’d save it for another time, so instead Hunter just rolled his eyes at her, but grinned at the sound of her laugh. Glancing over at her, he noticed her looking at him a bit strangely as he popped a few more chips into his mouth. ”What’s with you? Do you have something against eating?” he asked through a mouthful, raising an eyebrow at her. Hunter didn’t see the point in eating healthy when he could stay in shape without bothering. ”I have a fast metabolism,” he added with a shrug, grinning and taking one more handful of chips before tossing the empty bag.

Hunter rolled his eyes as Aeva magicked the paint out of her hair. It wasn’t as though he couldn’t, he just normally didn’t magic anything unless he had a good reason to. Maybe part of him was afraid that if he always used magic, he’d forget how to live life without it. He let his gaze even out when she started talking about her sister. In a way, Hunter could understand that. Living alone could be beyond boring, especially after living intermittently in both a castle full of people his age and a house full of siblings and family. ”Soft? You? I don’t think that’s possible,” Hunter reassured her, the corner of his mouth turning up. Though, the truth was, he’d slowly been getting the impression that Aeva was a bit less abrasive than she tried to let on. The softer laugh, or smile here and there. Moments like now where she suddenly seemed to doubt herself, though she tried not to show it. He frowned as Aeva continued, brow furrowing. ”Sounds like a coward to me,” he responded evenly. Hunter wasn’t a stranger with punching things, but any man who hit a girl wasn’t a man. ”I can see why you’re frustrated, but I mean, maybe you should give her a chance, you know?” Though Hunter was normally just as unsympathetic as Aeva seemed to be right now, there were times when he couldn’t help but allow a bit of extra emotion to force his opinions. Like now. ”Maybe you’ll wind up being glad that you have an older sister.” There was no sarcasm or malice in his tone. It was matter of fact, and he finished it off with a nonchalant shrug.

Though Aeva had turned to still be able to look at him, she obviously hadn’t been paying very close attention, and Hunter could tell that she wasn’t expecting him to close the distance between them. A smirk played onto his lips at the surprised look on her face – what, had she really thought that he wouldn’t ever react? He could see how tense she was, and for a moment, he actually thought that she thought better of what she’d been asking for. He raised an eyebrow, but waited for her to react. You’re the one who asked for it, Hunter thought to himself, still somewhat amused by the entire situation. And once again, he was reminded that Aeva’s confidence only went so far. It was a mask – at least partially. Maybe her way of keeping people from getting too close, from asking too many questions. Maybe she hadn’t expected to push somebody who would actually push back.

But to her credit, it didn’t take her long to follow through. Hunter felt her arms slide around his neck, and he didn’t hesitate to step forward and press her back against the counter, kissing her back. There was something about the way she was gripping his neck that felt almost familiar, and though it took him a moment to place it, he understood. Because Hunter had been there before – he’d lived his life entirely in distractions for far too long. Aeva was clearly looking for one now. It was why she’d been so adamant. Why now, her grip felt only the slightest bit desperate. Hunter didn’t mind being a distraction. He understood the need for one, how it could help. So, he waited another long moment before pulling away. ”I was starting to worry that you were all bark for a minute there, you know,” he said, amusement leaking into his voice. Then, without warning, he snaked an arm around Aeva’s legs, tossing her over his shoulder like he had the other night. ”Come on Wonderwoman,” he said with a grin, crossing the room easily and pushing open the door to his bedroom. ”Let’s do something fun,” he repeated, kicking the door closed behind them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ponies and Superheroes (Aeva)   Ponies and Superheroes (Aeva) Empty

Back to top Go down

Ponies and Superheroes (Aeva)
Page 1 of 1