Live the Magic!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
The Admins
Fast Links
Current time
SPRING
Year: 2034
Term: 13
Month: March

Term 13 until TBA
House Points
Chat Box
Vote For Us
Affiliates
Photobucket Shadowplay HOS The Beginning Magical World of Harry Potter THE GIRL IS DANGEROUS Hogwarts Academy

Click here to affiliate!
Latest topics
» Chances (Ariel)
No Light (Humphrey)  EmptySat May 28, 2016 11:34 pm by Ariel Wilde

» HUGE REALLY VERY IMPORTANT UPDATE - PLEASE READ
No Light (Humphrey)  EmptySat May 21, 2016 11:40 pm by Hunter VanDerberg

» Sunny Afternoon (Open to Anyone)
No Light (Humphrey)  EmptyFri May 20, 2016 6:58 am by Marielle Prince

» An Unfortunate Accident (Open)
No Light (Humphrey)  EmptyMon May 16, 2016 2:41 am by Marielle Prince

» Marielle Aveline Prince
No Light (Humphrey)  EmptySun May 15, 2016 8:57 pm by Sky

» Claim a Face
No Light (Humphrey)  EmptySun May 15, 2016 8:08 am by Marielle Prince

» AFFILIATE HERE
No Light (Humphrey)  EmptyMon May 09, 2016 2:42 am by Ariadne O'Rieley

» My charries need something fot their life (a plots)
No Light (Humphrey)  EmptyWed May 04, 2016 8:10 am by Jessica Kim

» The Gif Game 2.0
No Light (Humphrey)  EmptyTue May 03, 2016 7:39 am by Humphrey Williams

» A Dying Trade (one of JETTS characters)
No Light (Humphrey)  EmptyMon May 02, 2016 12:25 am by Augustus Beckett

» Wild Child [Ariadne]
No Light (Humphrey)  EmptySun May 01, 2016 6:01 am by Ariadne O'Rieley

» History Of Magic Application
No Light (Humphrey)  EmptyFri Apr 22, 2016 9:41 pm by Morgana Gaunt

» Semi - Activity Check!
No Light (Humphrey)  EmptyFri Apr 22, 2016 11:56 am by Hunter VanDerberg

» EVELYN'S "DRAWINGS"
No Light (Humphrey)  EmptySun Apr 17, 2016 10:30 pm by Morgana Gaunt

» I Won't Say I'm In Love (closed-one shot)
No Light (Humphrey)  EmptySun Apr 17, 2016 5:18 pm by Miranda Cunningham

No Light (Humphrey)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Ariadne O'Rieley
Fifth Year
Fifth Year
Ariadne O'Rieley

My Character
::
Activity: Slytherin - Year 4, Madam Puddifoot's Employee

No Light (Humphrey)  Empty
PostSubject: No Light (Humphrey)    No Light (Humphrey)  EmptyThu Oct 08, 2015 4:32 am

Ari had a fantastic time at the ball. She was confused about everything that was happening between her and Matthew. She was sure she liked him as more than a friend, but she was scared on what that would do for their friendship. So today, she decided to take a walk around the grounds and think about everything going on. She had written to Aunt Evelyn directly after the ball, and her reply didn't help anything. Basically Aunt Evelyn said that Ari liked and maybe even loved Matthew. Ari was confused with the whole love thing. She didn't understand it and didn't get it.

She was honestly scared of it. She was terrified of the idea because love was for adults. And she was no where near an adult. Right now, Ari just wanted to be a confused teenager. She didn't think that was too much to ask. But apparently fate led a different course. One that was terrifying and could explode in her face at any minute. Ari breathed a little harder thinking about what could happen. Matthew could leave her. Forever. She couldn't think about what her life would be without him. She needed him.

He calmed her down when she freaked out about stupid things. He told her the truth. He gave her reality checks that she knew she needed. Maybe not in the moment, but afterwards she realized that he was one hundred and ten percent right. He was the glue that held her together. Just the thought of being without him scared the living shits out of her. And what Aunt Evelyn thought she was feeling at that very moment, could be the thing that drove him away from her forever.

As she let a tear slide down her cheek, she realized where she was. The Forbidden Forest. She remembered trying to stop Arwen from going in there last term. It looked scary. She tried to see the light at the end, but the darkness seemed to go on forever. Like there wasn't any light at all. And suddenly, she wanted to go in. And right now, there wasn't anybody there to stop her.
Back to top Go down
Humphrey Williams
Third Year
Third Year
Humphrey Williams

My Character
Activity: Ravenclaw - Year 2

PostSubject: Re: No Light (Humphrey)    No Light (Humphrey)  EmptyThu Oct 08, 2015 5:01 am

Humphrey had surprisingly enjoyed the ball with Dakota. To be honest he had thought he would hate it but he'd actually had a lot of fun with her. He'd seen Sinead there and she seemed to have a good time as well. Hopefully things wouldn't be weird any more with Dakota, because he hadn't realized how much he'd missed hanging out with her until they'd spent the ball together. Even though she could be annoying at times, she was still one of his best friends and he didn't want that to change any time soon. All he could do was hope she found a way to deal with him and Sinead being friends as well. They were his two favorite people and he just wanted them to get along.

Making his way out to the grounds, Humphrey started wandering without a real destination in mind. For some reason he just felt like moving, where he was going didn't really matter to him. Sometimes it felt good to lose yourself for a little while and just enjoy looking around the grounds of Hogwarts. There was always something interesting to find if you looked long enough. It was one of the things he loved about this place. If you wanted to find an adventure, you would if you took the time to look for one. Hogwarts felt more like to him now than his own home did, and part of him wished he could just stay here forever. Hide somewhere nobody would find him and sneak about. That was a bit silly though, and he dismissed the notion.

Looking around, Humphrey realized he was at the edge of the Forbidden Forest. This was one place he hadn't really explored yet, because it was supposed to dangerous. Tonight though, he found himself drawn to it. What was in there that was dangerous to students? A sudden curiosity overcame him, and he decided he wanted to do some exploring. To his surprise, there was another student here. Walking over to the pretty redheaded girl, he cleared his throat to let her know he was there. "Hello. Umm, would you maybe want to explore the forest with me?" he asked. Then he realized he hadn't even told her his name. "I'm Humphrey, by the way." he added, holding out his hand.
Back to top Go down
Ariadne O'Rieley
Fifth Year
Fifth Year
Ariadne O'Rieley

My Character

PostSubject: Re: No Light (Humphrey)    No Light (Humphrey)  EmptyThu Oct 08, 2015 6:41 am

Ari thinking about Matthew made her get distracted. She didn't pay attention to her surroundings, and nearly jumped out of her shell when a boy came up to her. He was younger, that much she could tell. And she was deeply annoyed that he was interrupting her thoughts. This was serious shit. Ari looked at him. She was tempted to snap at him, but knew he was an innocent soul, and didn't deserve to get the wrath of Ariadne O'Rieley. But when the innocent face asked to go into the deep darkness with him, Ari wanted to take him to the castle, and shove him in the common room he belonged to and keep his innocence forever.

But the darkness was intriguing. The darkness was so uninviting, it was almost tempting to go in just to see what would happen. Would they get murdered when they went in? Probably. Would they get scared shitless? Probably. Would they get in trouble? Most likely. Was it worth the risk? Hell yes! Ari had decided right then and there that if she was going to be adventurous, it would be with this strange child who had came along and helped her with something very important. He introduced himself as Humphrey. Ari smiled. What an odd name. Her name was odd too, so they had that in common. She said, "I'm Ariadne! But most call me Ari for short."

Ari smiled in response. She said, "Sure. I'd love to. Lead the way!" She was honestly scared to go into the forest. She almost wanted to say that she needed Matthew to make light with his fire to guide their way. But, she wanted to see if she could do this without him. She knew it would be hard, but she needed to know that she could rely on other's and not just him. She guessed that she needed to know she could live without him. And so far, she was proving herself wrong. A third year wasn't doing her justice. She gulped as she took her first steps into the deep darkness.
Back to top Go down
Humphrey Williams
Third Year
Third Year
Humphrey Williams

My Character

PostSubject: Re: No Light (Humphrey)    No Light (Humphrey)  EmptyThu Oct 08, 2015 7:55 pm

When the girl looked at him, Humphrey began to wonder if maybe it would have been better if he'd left her alone. She seemed kind of annoyed, like he'd interrupted her when she was in the middle of thinking about something important. Hopefully she wouldn't tell him to go back inside, because he was really looking forward to exploring the forest a little. It would probably be scary, true, but they would also most likely find some really cool stuff in there. I mean, that's what Forbidden Forests were for, right. Hiding cool stuff for kids to go and find if they were able to work up the courage to go into the dangerous area they were advised to avoid.

Eventually the girl smiled, and Humphrey let out a breath he didn't know he'd been holding. "Nice to meet you Ari. Kind of surprised to find someone out here but the company is definitely welcome." he said, smiling back. Though he was dying to go explore the forest, he had to admit it did give him the creeps a little. Having somebody else with him helped steel his nerves a little. After all he wasn't going to act like a scared little kid in front of the older girl, that just wouldn't do. Humphrey decided that he was going to act brave, even if on the inside he was terrified. Because that was just the thing to do in these situations.

When Ari said she would explore with him he couldn't help smiling a little. "Alright, let's go explore!" Humphrey said enthusiastically. Taking out his wand, he muttered a lumos spell and headed into the forest with the light helping him to see a little bit. It was still plenty dark, but at least with the light he probably wouldn't trip over something and fall flat on his face. The forest was eerily quiet, the only sound their footsteps crunching the dry leaves under their feet. Humphrey began to feel a sense of expectation, like something was waiting for the right moment to happen.
Back to top Go down
Ariadne O'Rieley
Fifth Year
Fifth Year
Ariadne O'Rieley

My Character

PostSubject: Re: No Light (Humphrey)    No Light (Humphrey)  EmptyFri Dec 25, 2015 9:38 am

Ari wasn't sure Humphrey would understand why she had been there. She was just a confused teenager. That was probably the easiest explanation she could come up with. Confused. Ari wasn't sure if she should be mad at Matthew for leaving, or if she should still stay true to her feelings. Maybe going into the dark forest wasn't the answer, but also maybe it could get her distracted for a little while until she could come up with a solution as to what to do. And maybe she did need a males perspective on her situation. As they descended into the forest, Ari began to feel more comfortable with Humphrey. Not so much as she was with Matthew, but close enough to talk about her feelings with him. Which was strange. It usually took a while to become that comfortable with somebody.

She asked, "Tell me Humphrey, have you ever liked some one? Like, I'm sure I like him, I just can't help but be frustrated with what he did..." She looked down, and stopped paying attention to where she was going. She continued, "I'm just confused." She looked over at his young face. She continued, "I have an issue with people leaving me..." It was the first time she had ever admitted her problem out loud. She knew she had it, Matthew knew she had it, Aunt Evelyn knew she had it, and yet, they all left. Matthew was the one person she could count on, and he had failed her. And that terrified her. If Matthew could leave, that meant that anybody could. Including this younger boy. After a brief pause, she said, "My Aunt left me. My parents don't love me, my b-best f-friend..." She grunted in frustration. Her life was so complicated she didn't know what to say.

They could still see darkness. No end to the tunnel. Was that going to be her life from now on? Was it going to be an endless tunnel of darkness? Was she going to wander alone, scared, and cold in the long dark tunnel? The thought terrified her. But she needed to know that she could make it alone. She needed to know that she didn't need somebody to hold her hand and guide her threw every step of the way. Her heart started racing at the thought. It would be a long hard process, but she needed to know. She needed to know if she could live with out them. She needed to know if she could live without him.
Back to top Go down
Humphrey Williams
Third Year
Third Year
Humphrey Williams

My Character

PostSubject: Re: No Light (Humphrey)    No Light (Humphrey)  EmptySat Dec 26, 2015 4:24 am

There are many things that are often undervalued, and one on the list is people who are comfortable with silences. Especially when meeting somebody new it can be hard to find things to talk about at first. With a little work through the pauses, though, people who are more often than not quiet can feel comfortable opening up. Humphrey hadn't been expecting the girl who looked a little other than him to share something so personal right off the bat; but, he knew that it must truly be bothering her if she would mention it so early in a conversation. With how he'd handled the Dakota being mean to Sinead situation and consequently distancing himself from the Slytherin he really wasn't sure he was the best person to ask. When he looked at the girl though, he saw a pain in her eyes he knew that he couldn't ignore. Whatever had happened to her in the past had clearly left deep emotional scars that she was trying to find a way to work through. Hoping he would be able to help, he tried to find the right words to say.

"Yes, I've liked somebody before Ariadne. Actually, it was a Slytherin named Dakota Lancaster. At first I thought she was really kind and funny, but then she started getting into these weird fights with my best friend Sinead and since that happened I'm not sure what to think. I'll always be fond of her, I just don't know if she's right for me any more." Humphrey said, venting a little about his situation before he thought about her situation again. "About your situation, though. What did he do to cause the...frustration?" he asked, sensing it was a lot more than frustration going on but not wanting to push her too hard to open up if she wasn't comfortable with that. Girls still didn't make sense to him a lot of the time, in spite of having one for his best friend for three years and growing up with a little sister. The part about her parents not loving her and her aunt leaving was enough to bring a few tears of sympathy to his eyes but he came from a happy home and knew he couldn't fully understand that fear of being abandoned. "That sounds like a lot to deal with, is the best friend...th-the person you like?" he asked nervously. It was a stab in the dark, but would help to explain some of the situation of why she was so worried about something going wrong there.

Looking at the girl, he got the sense that she was trying to fight off...something dark inside her. It looked like she was fighting with herself, trying to find some sort of hope. Why he thought that even he wasn't sure; maybe it was just the way her eyes looked after she had finished speaking, almost as if the light within them had begun to go out for a moment. "Ari, it'll be okay. Don't let the mistakes of other people not wanting you around...don't let it cause you to undervalue your own worth. Every life is valuable, and I realize I don't really know you yet but you seem...well, you seem tough enough to get through anything. Merlin, that sounds so cheesy, sorry." Humphrey said, feelings the tips of his ears and his cheeks burn a little as he realized what he'd just said to a girl that was older than him. She probably already knew all that, and was annoyed with him for assuming she was in a worse place than she actually was.
Back to top Go down
Ariadne O'Rieley
Fifth Year
Fifth Year
Ariadne O'Rieley

My Character

PostSubject: Re: No Light (Humphrey)    No Light (Humphrey)  EmptyMon Jan 04, 2016 5:18 am

Ari could sense the boy's nervousness. Maybe she had given him so much information about herself, and was scaring him away? That was the last thing she wanted. She didn't want to scare away a potential friend. But when he somewhat related to her experience, she gave him a sympathetic look. She said, "I didn't think anybody knew how I felt...I'm glad there's somebody here who understands. I know I overreact most of the time, but I can't help it." Maybe Humphrey wasn't over reacting, but he did know what it was like to like someone, so she could share that with him. She continued, "I trusted him, I liked him, I... oh hell, I still do. Who am I kidding?" Ari laughed to herself a little bit. Her affection for Matthew would never change unless she did something about it. If he wasn't willing to make the next move, then she would have to do it herself.

She said, "I know Sinead...Don't like her..." She scrunched up her nose when she said Sinead's name. It sounded like nails being scratched on a chalk board. When Brian asked what he did that was so terrible, Ari suddenly couldn't think of anything he did. He just got scared and ran away. If she was in his situation, she probably would've done the same. And now she was thinking that she was a terrible person for thinking all the terrible things about him that she thought. She sighed and said, "He did exactly what I would've done... He ran away." She looked at Humphrey. She asked, "Am I a terrible person for overreacting?" When he asked if Matthew was the one she liked, her butterflies came back and she instantly smiled. She said, "Yes. His name is Matthew." She could tell that the younger boy was nervous asking her all these questions, but she found it cute.

As they descended a little deeper into the forest, she looked back, and the light from the outside world was getting smaller and smaller. He attempted to comfort her, and it kind of worked. She felt safe with him. Not as safe as she did with Matthew, but safer than what she felt before when she walked into the woods with a complete stranger. Talking to him now, she realized that he was just a little kid. More so like a younger brother that she never had. She nodded and said, "Thanks Humphrey." She suddenly felt an attachment to him. Not as strong as Aunt Evelyn's, or Matthew's, but she could feel it there. She hoped he would never disappoint her like so many had done before. She giggled at his nervousness again. She said, "No, it wasn't cheesy, it was great. Thanks for trying to cheer me up. I need it." She suddenly stopped, feeling a little uneasy about being in the forest so far in. She grabbed his arm to force him to stop. She asked, "Do you want to go back now? I think I've had enough adventure for one day!" And it was indeed an adventure. She had made a new friend.
Back to top Go down
Humphrey Williams
Third Year
Third Year
Humphrey Williams

My Character

PostSubject: Re: No Light (Humphrey)    No Light (Humphrey)  EmptyTue Jan 05, 2016 4:11 pm

It was a little weird sharing this with somebody he didn't really know, but in another way it was almost easier to talk to somebody outside of the situation. The people who were in it, well he thought all three of them had let emotions get in the way of reason sometimes. "Seems to me like it's not really overreacting, but it's probably because I might do that too. However, I don't think that it's either better or worse, just different than how other people handle it. I mean, it's because of how much we care after all." Humphrey said, voicing it as much to convince himself that surely that couldn't be a bad thing as much as he was saying it to Ari. When the girl admitted to still liking the guy he nodded, completely understanding. Dakota was someone he still liked too, even though it was easier to ignore it or push it to the side because it complicated his life so much. "Yeah, I've had that same conversation with myself, except about her not a him." he said, chuckling as well. "To be honest I still like Dakota. There are times I wish I didn't, but not always." he admitted, with a little bit of a pained expression before he remembered how nice their first year had been at school and a small smile appeared. Humphrey really wished he could figure out if the girl who was nice was still in there, and if she was how he could bring her to the surface.

The idea of not liking Sinead was foreign to him, and he looked at the girl curiously. "Do you mind if I ask why you don't like her? She's been my best friend for so long, it seems a strange concept at this point." he explained, hoping she wouldn't think him weird for asking. When Humphrey thought about it though, he figured if she didn't think weird yet that question probably wouldn't cause her to change her mind. Without knowing all the information on what had happened, it was hard to say whether she was overreacting or not. However, with the information she'd said about people abandoning her that her best friend had most likely known too, he didn't think it was. "Your best friend, he knows about all the people who have left you, right?" he asked. "If he already knew about that, well I don't think it's an overreaction to be hurt by him running. Maybe he didn't think about it at that point in time, but surely he must have realized how hurtful that would be after." Humphrey reasoned, sure in his mind that nobody could be that thick. "Matthew, I'll remember that." he said, giving her a slightly sad smile for sharing that information with him. It was a nice gesture, his mind was just thinking about other sad things while he was trying to help the new friend he'd made, well, hopefully she would be a new friend. It's not like he was going to ask if they were friends now.

As they walked deeper into the forest Humphrey hardly ever noticed how the light was slowly getting blocked out by the thick branches and leaves above them. It had happened so gradually that the steady fade from light to darker, though not completely thankfully, had slipped his notice. Hearing her actually thank him for his attempt to help made him smile sheepishly. "You're welcome." he managed, and felt a little better when she giggled at the cheesy comment. Humphrey couldn't help laughing a little as well because it was a good sound to hear, especially after such a dark conversation. "My pleasure to try and help. You're pretty good company, so it hasn't been too much of a hardship." he said, teasing just a little before chuckling to little to let her know the hardship part had been a joke. Upon seeing Ari stop and tense Humphrey suddenly became aware how dark the place they were was. It was more interesting to him than scary, but he didn't mind when she grabbed his arm and asked to go back. If he wanted to explore here more, he could find it another time. "Yes, we can head back. Think I can find the way alright." he said, in hopes that would reassure her. Hoping she wouldn't mind, he put a hand over hers that was grabbing him and held it there. He wouldn't say aloud that he didn't mind her using him for protection, as he didn't want to embarrass the older girl. Hopefully, the gesture would pass along the message though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: No Light (Humphrey)    No Light (Humphrey)  Empty

Back to top Go down

No Light (Humphrey)
Page 1 of 1