Live the Magic!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
The Admins
Fast Links
Current time
SPRING
Year: 2034
Term: 13
Month: March

Term 13 until TBA
House Points
Chat Box
Vote For Us
Affiliates
Photobucket Shadowplay HOS The Beginning Magical World of Harry Potter THE GIRL IS DANGEROUS Hogwarts Academy

Click here to affiliate!
Latest topics
» Chances (Ariel)
Procrastination (Ari) EmptySat May 28, 2016 11:34 pm by Ariel Wilde

» HUGE REALLY VERY IMPORTANT UPDATE - PLEASE READ
Procrastination (Ari) EmptySat May 21, 2016 11:40 pm by Hunter VanDerberg

» Sunny Afternoon (Open to Anyone)
Procrastination (Ari) EmptyFri May 20, 2016 6:58 am by Marielle Prince

» An Unfortunate Accident (Open)
Procrastination (Ari) EmptyMon May 16, 2016 2:41 am by Marielle Prince

» Marielle Aveline Prince
Procrastination (Ari) EmptySun May 15, 2016 8:57 pm by Sky

» Claim a Face
Procrastination (Ari) EmptySun May 15, 2016 8:08 am by Marielle Prince

» AFFILIATE HERE
Procrastination (Ari) EmptyMon May 09, 2016 2:42 am by Ariadne O'Rieley

» My charries need something fot their life (a plots)
Procrastination (Ari) EmptyWed May 04, 2016 8:10 am by Jessica Kim

» The Gif Game 2.0
Procrastination (Ari) EmptyTue May 03, 2016 7:39 am by Humphrey Williams

» A Dying Trade (one of JETTS characters)
Procrastination (Ari) EmptyMon May 02, 2016 12:25 am by Augustus Beckett

» Wild Child [Ariadne]
Procrastination (Ari) EmptySun May 01, 2016 6:01 am by Ariadne O'Rieley

» History Of Magic Application
Procrastination (Ari) EmptyFri Apr 22, 2016 9:41 pm by Morgana Gaunt

» Semi - Activity Check!
Procrastination (Ari) EmptyFri Apr 22, 2016 11:56 am by Hunter VanDerberg

» EVELYN'S "DRAWINGS"
Procrastination (Ari) EmptySun Apr 17, 2016 10:30 pm by Morgana Gaunt

» I Won't Say I'm In Love (closed-one shot)
Procrastination (Ari) EmptySun Apr 17, 2016 5:18 pm by Miranda Cunningham

Procrastination (Ari)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Matthew Bennett
Slytherin Prefect
Slytherin Prefect
Matthew Bennett

My Character
::
Activity:

Procrastination (Ari) Empty
PostSubject: Procrastination (Ari)   Procrastination (Ari) EmptyMon Sep 21, 2015 10:51 pm

Matthew was exhausted. Because, between being a fifth year and getting pretty much double the homework, and having to try to be mature and all, he was pretty much using up all his energy and focus every single day. Though, to be fair, he was getting a little better at not being so hyper. It didn't come quite as difficult to him now. But at the moment, he hardly had any time or energy for being tactful, because he'd been doing homework for ages. As in, all day. And it was a Saturday, and so nice outside, and just the worst day for doing any kind of homework. Matthew could be outside climbing trees, and practicing a new fire spell he'd learned! But instead, he was stuck inside the common room, studying.

"Ugh, can't we go do something fun?" he complained to Ari, laying upside down on the couch and staring at the fish swimming by the window. They were lucky, because they weren't trapped down here like Matthew was. "I'm never gonna remember it all anyway," he told her, angling his head so that he could see her face from his awkward position. They were studying for Defense, and the professor had given them the biggest sheet of spells to know, and Matthew could hardly remember what all of them were, let alone how to actually use them. "I mean really, why do you need a spell like levicorpus? I'm hanging upside down on my own, look." With a bored sigh, Matthew reached over and grabbed his wand from the coffee table and started drawing fire-doodles in the air above him - a new thing he'd learned. Floating fire was by far the coolest thing Matthew had learned how to do, but it was really hard because you had to concentrate on all of it at once to make sure it didn't fall.

"What time is it, anyway?" he asked her, drawing his name in the air, and Ari's idly beneath it. Then, with a swish of his wrist it had gone, and he flipped upright again because his head was starting to get dizzy. "Let's do something fun," he insisted again, giving her a slightly pleading look. And he had no idea why. Old Matthew would have just gotten fed up and left on his own - but for some reason, he didn't want to leave on his own. No, he'd rather stay in the common room and study with Ari than go out and climb trees without her. It was frustrating. He wanted to go outside, so why didn't he just go? It was like he was tethered to her by some non-existent chain, only it was one that he didn't really have any desire to break. If this was what being mature meant, Matthew wasn't sure that he liked it. But, at the same time, he wasn't sure that he didn't, either.
Back to top Go down
Ariadne O'Rieley
Fifth Year
Fifth Year
Ariadne O'Rieley

My Character
Activity: Slytherin - Year 4, Madam Puddifoot's Employee

PostSubject: Re: Procrastination (Ari)   Procrastination (Ari) EmptyTue Sep 22, 2015 12:26 am

Ari, like Matthew, was bored. She hated school. The only thing that made it bearable was the fact that he was there. She sat there with her red hair in a messy bun on top of her head, and her book in her lap. She looked to him and said, "No, we can't take a break. We've got to learn this Matthew, or else we won't get good jobs when we are adults." What was Ari thinking? She was so bored and would rather be anywhere else. She laughed at his misery. It was funny really. She placed her hand on top of his and said, "It will be alright. At least we are in this together right?!" She realized she had put her hand on his. Her hand... was on his... She lingered it there for a little bit longer, and then quickly moved it. It had felt right, and awkward all at the same time. And instantly she felt scared. Which wasn't anything she felt with Derek.

When he said they wouldn't need spells like levicorpus, she said, "Well, you would need it in this situation right here." She pointed her wand at him and said, "Levicorpus!" She started laughing as he was now in the air upside down. She asked, "Now are you going to study and stop complaining? Or am I going to have to keep you like this forever?" She knew she'd ace and remember that spell. She hoped Matthew would too. Who wouldn't remember hanging upside down in the air? Maybe that was how they could remember spells they needed to know for DADA! She could use them on him. She laughed and said, "You look better upside down." Which was true. She wished she could use levicorpus on him all day long without the health risks. She replied, "Maybe that will get you to remember the spells! I could use them on you! Because, well, I am the best at them." She finally let him down, and went back to her books.

She came a crossed a spell called She then pointed her wand at Matthew and said, "Remember this one, Flipendo!" She laughed at him, and then said, "Ok, I'm sorry I'm done! But you'll remember them at least!" She went threw her sheet that Professor Sexton had given them that first DADA class. There was a lot on there, and she was sure she would remember them all! Especially if she performed on Matthew!
Back to top Go down
Matthew Bennett
Slytherin Prefect
Slytherin Prefect
Matthew Bennett

My Character
Activity:

PostSubject: Re: Procrastination (Ari)   Procrastination (Ari) EmptyTue Sep 22, 2015 2:50 am

Fish looked kind of strange upside down. Matthew didn't really love water, and he wasn't sure that he preferred the Slytherin common room to some of the other ones. He'd heard that the Hufflepuff common room had tons of plants, which meant it was probably to flammable to withstand Matthew's fire spells. His and Ari's common room was pretty dank and a little boring, but at least it was made mostly of stone, which meant there wasn't anything he could set on fire by accident. Though, that was becoming less of an issue as he was getting much better at controlling his magic. But even still, Matthew was incredibly jealous of Arwen, who got to be way up high in her tower. Matthew loved heights, not as much as fire but far more than water. But at least he could go up to the astronomy tower whenever he wanted to get his fill. Matthew blew out an annoyed breath when Ari insisted that they stay and study more. "I've got the perfect solution then - let's just not be adults. Sounds awfully boring anyway, don't you think?"

He really didn't see what all the fuss was over - why people were in such a rush to grow up. Matthew could accept that he wasn't a little kid anymore, but why did people want so badly to get out into the real world on their own? "I mean, I'd love being able to go wherever I want whenever I want, but I don't know if even that is worth giving up mum's cooking, and - " but Matthew was distracted from what he was saying when a strange warmth fell over his hand. He glanced down, only to see Ari's small hand resting on his own. His first instinct was to pull his away, but he refrained - she was just saying something, and when she finished, she'd obviously take her hand back and it would be no big deal. But even when her words had ended, her hand remained on his - just a little too long. He should just pull his away, but instead he just felt his face redden and his heart rate speed up a bit - and yet his hand stayed put. In the end, it was Ari who pulled away first, and what couldn't have been more than a few seconds but it felt like ages to Matthew. He'd expected to be relieved when she did - he didn't expect his hand to feel cold and empty. "Er, right," he managed to stammer in the end, hoping his discomfort wasn't too obvious.

Luckily, Ari diffused the tension pretty quickly by turning his words against him, and he soon found himself hanging from the air in front of her. "Hey!" he exclaimed as he felt himself be lifted off the ground by his feet. "Pay attention to what you're doing, don't you dare drop me!" he warned her when she burst into laughter. "Although, this is kind of cool - I feel a like Spider Man," Matthew added, managing a grin once he'd gotten his bearings a bit. He made a face when she said he looked better this way. "Is that supposed to be an insult?" he asked, raising an eyebrow at her. "You look ridiculous upside down - and I can see up your nose," he added. Finally, she dropped him, and he used his hands to help him land a little more gracefully on the floor. But then she was hexing him again, and he had to roll out of the way to miss it.

"Hey! Oh, you'll pay for that," he said, laughing, before aiming his own wand as quickly as he could. "Aguamenti!" he exclaimed, snorting in amusement as a jet of water exploded from out of his wand in her direction. Not even waiting to see if he'd gotten her, he grinned and spun and took off across the room, taking cover behind the nearest couch in case she decided to retaliate.
Back to top Go down
Ariadne O'Rieley
Fifth Year
Fifth Year
Ariadne O'Rieley

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Procrastination (Ari)   Procrastination (Ari) EmptyTue Sep 22, 2015 6:43 am

Not be adults! Ha! All children had to grow up and be adults. That was just how society worked. If Ari could, she would freeze time and stay right where they were right now. Of course, they wouldn't be studying by any means. But growing up meant leaving. And leaving was scary. Leaving meant being abandoned by those Ari loved. She dreaded the end of seventh year. That meant the end of the world. Not literally, but she wouldn't see everyone she cared about as much. So why she was pushing this so much, she didn't know. Maybe it was because no matter how much she tried to stop growing up, it wouldn't do any good because it would happen anyways.

Now they were in a battle. He had gotten her WET. SHE WAS SOAKED AND HE HAD ACTUALLY GOTTEN HER! She wasn't mad by any means, just surprised that he had reacted with that spell. She looked at him hiding behind the couch and just laughed. She took out her wand and said, "You are soooo ON!" She went behind the other chair and glared at him playfully threw the cracks. She raised her wand over it aiming straight for him, she yelled, "Rictusempra!" She ducked behind not wanting to get hit with another spell. She sat in her soaked clothes and hair smiling and laughing more than she had in a long time. Even when she was with Derek she hadn't laughed this hard.

Ari had learned a lot about herself in the last few days. She had learned that she was stronger than she thought she was. She learned that maybe there was something going on between her and Matthew that hadn't been there before. She also learned that she was terrified of ruining her friendship with him. She also wondered what would happen if something did happen that would wreck their friendship. Would she go silent like she had with Aunt Evelyn? Ari was just so afraid of losing people, she never knew what happened when they did leave. Aunt Evelyn did, but she always returned. She knew some people didn't return, and she feared that in the end Matthew would be one of those people.

But for now, Ari wasn't going to worry about the future. She was enjoying life, and taking it slow. She was laughing, happy, and talking. She still hadn't fully reconciled with Aunt Evelyn yet, but she was almost there. She had written a letter explaining everything she went through and how it made her feel. So now, all she had to do was win this fight with Matthew, and everything would be worth it. She didn't want to think of the future and what was to come. That was just too scary. She was still worrying about what she was going to have for breakfast the next morning.
Back to top Go down
Matthew Bennett
Slytherin Prefect
Slytherin Prefect
Matthew Bennett

My Character
Activity:

PostSubject: Re: Procrastination (Ari)   Procrastination (Ari) EmptyTue Sep 22, 2015 7:46 pm

Matthew could remember the very day he'd learned about the water spell. And he could remember exactly why he'd learned it. It was halfway through first year – and several months since he’d first met Ariadne. And far too long since he’d deemed her the most annoying person on earth. He’d spent plenty of time wishing he could blast her with a fire spell to get her to stop talking, or singing, or just to leave him alone. Only, blasting someone with a fire spell was not very nice, and Matthew had been sure he would get expelled for it. So, he’d invested a little of his time into learning a much less cool, but also much less punishable, spell to deal with his problems – the water spell! Aguamenti was pretty easy to learn, although it took him a while to have a substantial amount of water emerge from his wand. And then, armed with a new spell to deal with his problem, he’d waited. He would wait until the opportune moment, because he had a feeling it would only work once. But that moment had never presented itself – or if he had, he missed it. But now, he realized as he ducked behind a couch, he realized that he’d wasted it altogether.

He was supposed to use that spell to ruin Ari’s day – to make her realize that he couldn’t stand her. That she was annoying and the worst singer he’d ever heard. And now, when he finally aimed his wand at her and uttered the incantation, it was with a smile on his face. With no intention whatsoever of using it to push her away. And the irony of it didn’t escape him that the very spell he’d learned to make her miserable had resulted in her laughing more than he’d ever heard her laugh before. And he was enjoying hearing her laugh just as much as he thought he would enjoy hurting her. He might have continued contemplating what the hell was wrong with him when a spell came flying over the couch at him. ”Shit,” he said, trying to roll out of the way. But somehow, the spell actually managed to catch his arm before he could pull it out of reach. And out of nowhere, he burst into laughter, rolling out from behind the couch into plain sight. Stupid tickle charm – Matthew hated being tickled. Damn thing was just as deadly as any hex.

"Okay - okay, make it stop, you win!" he managed to exclaim through his laughter, but he was pretty sure it was mostly due to Ari hiding behind a chair and losing her concentration that the spell ceased. As soon as he could, he did a backflip-kind-of-roll-thing, and stood up - because it was cooler looking than just standing up like a normal person. Darting sideways around the chair where she was hiding, tossed another spell at her. "Locomotor Mortis!" he exclaimed, aiming a leg-locker curse in her direction. "You didn't really think I'd actually give up that easily, did you?" he added with a grin, looking on to see if he'd gotten her. If he had, she'd be stuck on the ground since she wouldn't be able to move her legs, and Matthew would surely win! And winning was important because - well, just because!
Back to top Go down
Ariadne O'Rieley
Fifth Year
Fifth Year
Ariadne O'Rieley

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Procrastination (Ari)   Procrastination (Ari) EmptyTue Sep 22, 2015 8:29 pm

Ari had hit him! And he was ticklish! She made a mental note for later if she needed to use that against him in some way! He got out of the curse, and came behind the couch she was hiding behind. She screamed in fright, and he locked her legs together! But instead of being entirely pissed at him, she just laid down on the floor and laughed. She said, "Alright! I surrender! You win! You are obviously better at spells than I am!" Which was weird, because Ari always considered her to be the best at everything. A few days ago, she had told Professor Sexton that she was. Did that mean that for the first time in her life that she had lied? She said, "Now get me unstuck!" She giggled again. She had forgotten the counter spell to get her legs unstuck, so she hoped Matthew remembered it!

Ari then realized she didn't loose. She still had her wand in hand, so she could easily hit him with something else while he was trying to find a counter curse. She had reached for her DADA book that had ended up on the floor underneath the couch. She got it and slid it behind her so Matthew couldn't see. She had only grabbed the book so they could find the counter curse when she locked his legs too! She said, "I got our DADA book! Here!" She tossed it to him, and pointed her wand towards him. She yelled, "Locomortor Mortis!" If she got him they would surly be in a pickle if the counter spell wasn't in the DADA book. Which is should be because it was a school book. So they were expected to learn things. And counter courses should be one of them.

Ari was surprised that a Professor, or other student hadn't came in and witnessed their shenanigans. She was also surprised that Matthew hadn't used his prefectness on the situation as well considering what they were doing was probably breaking a lot of rules and would surly loose Slytherin some more points. But none the less, they were having fun, so in the end it would've been worth it. Not many fifth years these days were having fun. So it's nice for a change. Most were worried about OWLs, and the future and all Ari and Matthew were worried about was getting unstuck from the floor!
Back to top Go down
Matthew Bennett
Slytherin Prefect
Slytherin Prefect
Matthew Bennett

My Character
Activity:

PostSubject: Re: Procrastination (Ari)   Procrastination (Ari) EmptyTue Sep 22, 2015 11:40 pm

"Yes!" Matthew exclaimed triumphantly as the spell connected. He reached up to rub his ear, because her shriek had nearly deafened him - but Ari was laughing, and it must have been contagious because a few seconds later, he'd forgotten about being deaf and he was doubled over in laughter, too. "Excuse me?" he managed through his laughter. "Did I really just hear Ariadne O'Rieley actually admit that someone is better than her?" This really was a strange day. Unstick her - right... "Um yeah, about that - I actually hadn't thought that far ahead," he told her, his laughter dying a bit as he realized that he actually had no clue what the counter curse was. But at least Ari had the book, and he lowered himself to sit on the ground when she slid it over to him so that he could look at it.

Only, as soon as he flipped open the cover, Ari attacked him! "Hey!" he exclaimed as the spell flew toward him. He didn't even have time to attempt to roll out of the way - but luckily, Ari's aim from where she was sitting wasn't the absolute greatest, and it only hit his foot, causing one of his legs to stiffen instantly - but only one of them. "Was that really necessary?" he asked, but was already failing at holding back his laughter. Because for some ridiculous reason, the whole thins just seemed funny, and they were laughing so much before that now Matthew was laughing over the smallest things for no reason. He allowed himself a moment before taking a deep breath and trying to pull himself together. "You still lose," he said. "You only got one of my legs, and I got both of yours - and you're wet," he added with a grin. "But right, the counter curse," he added, remembering why he was on the floor in the first place. Without even trying to stand, he reached over and grabbed the book, quickly flipping through the pages for the solution.

"You have to be kidding - " he said, furrowing his brow as he flipped back a few pages to see if he'd missed something. "Er, Ari, it isn't in here," he said, frowning. "But hang on, just let me - Finite Incantatum," he said, pointing his wand at his own leg. Surely that would work - except it didn't, and when when Matthew tried to move his leg, it remained still. "Shit - um - so, the good news is that we know some of our spells - the bad news is that I think we're stuck." Stuck. On the floor behind a chair, with legs that wouldn't move. "Or, at least you are. One of my legs works," he said, crawling over to the chair and using it to hoist himself up on his good leg. But what the hell was he supposed to do with Ari? She was laying on the floor, soaking wet, and he couldn't just leave her there.

"I think it will wear off by itself eventually," he told her, not really sure if that was true or not. "Come on, I guess we should at least try to get you off the floor, unless you feel like laying there for the next few hours." But it became obvious right away that getting Ari off the floor wasn't going to be the easiest thing in the world. And it didn't help that they were stuck behind the furniture, instead of in front of it. If he had two working legs, he could probably do it without too much struggle - but with only one? Way harder than he'd thought. Dragging her wasn't working, and she couldn't use her legs at all to help stand. "Alright, hang on, I'll just pick you up," he said in exasperation. Though, this would be just as tricky as the last thing. But it just might work. Squatting down next to her on his good leg, he slipped an arm behind her back.

"Ugh, I forgot you were all wet," he said, trying to ignore the obnoxiously strange flutter in his stomach - he didn't have much time to pay attention to it anyway, because he had to focus on balancing. Standing up was actually fine - Ari was tiny, and hardly weighed anything. He was fine just standing there, but as soon as he tried to take a step, it started to go downhill - since his other leg couldn't move, he made it about three paces before stumbling. And in the end, he made it to the couch, but they both landed in a heap on it and Matthew had almost dropped Ari entirely in the process. But he hadn't - or at least, not until she was overtop of something soft. And that was something, right? "Well, that went well."
Back to top Go down
Ariadne O'Rieley
Fifth Year
Fifth Year
Ariadne O'Rieley

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Procrastination (Ari)   Procrastination (Ari) EmptyWed Sep 23, 2015 12:11 am

Buggar. She had only gotten ONE of his legs... Aim she needed to work on she mentally noted. She said, "Yes, because I am the best at spells. Duh." But then she looked at her situation, and shrugged. She said, "Well. Mostly I am." She was NOT going to admit that he was better! That would just tear her pride and dignity way down, and she couldn't do that to her AMAZING self. When Matthew said the counter curse wasn't in the book she looked at him with an "I'm going to kill you face" and said, "What do you mean it's not in there? It has to be!" She didn't want to sit soaking wet on the floor for a few hours, if the spell even did wear off. He could barley move, and she couldn't move at all. Now she was pissed. She asked, "What do you mean you didn't think it through!?" Ari glared at him as he tried to free his one leg that was stuck, and it didn't work.

Well fudge. He tried to pick her up and she said, "Don't you dare.." And she fell on the couch. At least it was the couch and not a hard surface. She continued, "This is all your fault! We should be studying!" Now she was really mad. Because not only were her legs stuck together, but she was also freezing and wet. It had been fun at first, but it's only fun until somebody get's hurt. She wasn't hurt, but close enough. She started shaking from being cold, and said, "Ugh it's freezing." She glared at Matthew again, but knew she would forgive him after they were done with this whole situation.Ari replied, "Now when your leg get's unstuck, you better take me to the Hospital wing. I'm not waiting for this to wear off." She was stern and glared at him even more to make sure he got the full effect.

She didn't understand it. With Derek, she could go for days without talking to him and it wouldn't bother her. But with Matthew, she couldn't stand being mad at him for more than five minutes. And she didn't know the difference. They were both boys, and she had close relationships with each of them. So why was Matthew's so special? The close contact made Ari feel weird. She couldn't quiet understand it, but when his arms cradled her she felt safe and protected even though she was at risk of getting seriously hurt if he dropped her. When he sat her down, she felt the moment had ended too soon, and her body wanted to go back in that position right away and she didn't understand why. In a way, it felt like the most natural thing in the world. It was like the universe was trying to tell her something, but her mental capacity wasn't ready for it yet. And that's what scared her the most. A lot of things scared her, and Matthew was one of them. She laughed when he said that the situation had went well. When in all truthness, it actually had.
Back to top Go down
Matthew Bennett
Slytherin Prefect
Slytherin Prefect
Matthew Bennett

My Character
Activity:

PostSubject: Re: Procrastination (Ari)   Procrastination (Ari) EmptyThu Sep 24, 2015 12:31 am

Matthew bit his lip and kept flipping through the book, ignoring Ari's angry gaze. "I mean exactly what I said," he told her, his eyes skimming the pages a little more carefully. "The countercurse. Is not. In the book." he repeated, slowly, like he was talking to a child. He snorted and looked up at her when she asked what he meant - again. "I meant that I had this entire situation planned out exactly and knew exactly how to fix it before I shot you with the spell," he said sarcastically, rolling his eyes. "What do you think I mean? I mean I didn't plan for this to happen, genius." Merlin, Ari could be stupid sometimes. No wonder she'd lost the battle. Although, he supposed that she did have more right to be angry than him - after all, he'd soaked her with water and then basically crippled her. And then dropped her. But hey, it could be worse.

"My fault?" he repeated, raising an eyebrow at her. "You're the one who started it, you attacked me first!" If Levicorpus could be considered an attack. "You deserved it," Matthew added, because he could be just as difficult as her if he wanted to. But when she mentioned that she was freezing and he saw that she was actually shivering, his expression softened a bit and he sighed. "Okay, I'm sorry I got you wet - but that I can fix at least. Hang on." Reaching for his wand, Matthew conjured a few extra-large bluebell flames, letting them fall harmlessly onto the coffee table in front of them. He pulled the table right up to the couch, and then let another flame fall from his wand into his hand, and in seconds they were literally surrounded by fire. "Luckily, you're with a fire master," he said with a grin, hesitantly scooting a little closer to Ari so that the fire he was holding would reach her.

Matthew reached down to rub his bad leg, but still wasn't able to unlock it. What a stupid spell. Although, he was fairly sure he could begin to move his toes a bit, and that was something. Maybe Ari's magic wasn't all that powerful. But he looked down at Ari a little incredulously when she said he'd have to take her to the hospital wing when his leg came back. "Take you to the hospital wing?" he repeated. "And just how do you propose I do that? You can't walk!" And Matthew was pretty sure, after the disastrous results of carrying her a few feet, that he would not be able to carry her up three floors to the hospital wing without dropping her. Although, it may be significantly easier with both legs - but it wasn't like Matthew was some buff quidditch player. He was tall and thin and virtually useless when it came to strength. "Unless you want to hop all the way there. I'll walk with you, if you want," he added, a grin spreading across his face at the mental image of Ari bunny-hopping all the way to the infirmary. "Nobody would think you were mental," he added sarcastically, laughing.
Back to top Go down
Ariadne O'Rieley
Fifth Year
Fifth Year
Ariadne O'Rieley

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Procrastination (Ari)   Procrastination (Ari) EmptyThu Sep 24, 2015 11:14 pm

That was when Ari started freaking out. What if he had permanently damaged her!? What if she died!? What if she starved!? She started thinking back to the conversation they had when he had snuck back into her room. She was overreacting again. She tried to calm her face, but it was hard. She couldn't just change the way she was. That was just her personality. She overreacted. It was second nature to her, and she couldn't just turn it off for one person. The one person who meant the world to her. But he was right in a way. She did need to take a chill pill every once in a while. He made a fire with his wand. That fire shit scared her. What if he actually burned something down or hurt someone? He would be responsible for it. She didn't understand his obsession with it. Then again, he didn't understand her obsession with Frozen and ice. It wasn't nearly as bad as Matthew's. She wouldn't try and become an ice bender or anything, no matter how cool that would be.

Ari smiled a little smile, but with a hint of sarcasm in it to let him know she was still pissed. She said, "I know you didn't mean it! I guess I just freaked out a little bit! I know we will get out of this situation! I'm just sorry I missed your other leg!" She laughed at him. She added, "You better not leave me or I'll come after you when my legs go back to normal. I do know where you sleep at night, just remember that!" She nodded knowing her threat was real. She would find him and come after him. Though she wouldn't hurt him. Just probably make him watch Frozen again over break if they decided to go home. She thought about back to that night, and marked it as one of her favorite nights of the summer. Excluding the family drama that went down.

She replied, "If we are going to the hospital wing, you are carrying me. I'm NOT hopping like an idiot all the way there!" She stared at him. She didn't care what he said. She was not walking there. There was no way she would make it up all those flights of stairs in her condition. She asked changing the subject a little bit, "Why are you obsessed with fire?" It was a beautiful but dangerous element. She stared at the flame knowing it wouldn't go out because knowing Matthew, he had probably made it to where it never would unless he used some spell she didn't know. She liked the idea of fire as being a comforting object, but used in the wrong way, it could be dangerous and harmful. Then she realized it was much like if they got together. Warm, comforting, but dangerous and harmful to their friendship.
Back to top Go down
Matthew Bennett
Slytherin Prefect
Slytherin Prefect
Matthew Bennett

My Character
Activity:

PostSubject: Re: Procrastination (Ari)   Procrastination (Ari) EmptySat Sep 26, 2015 1:59 pm

Ari was terrible at hiding her feelings - though she was trying not to show it, she was clearly freaking out. But the fact that she really did seem to be trying not to was definitely an improvement. And between his attempt to be more mature, and Ari's attempt to remain calm, and the way they were sitting only inches from each other on the couch as though they were real friends, Matthew couldn't help but realize how much they'd both changed. "Just relax," he said, sensing her internal panic. "Your legs are just stuck together, it isn't the end of the world. We just need the counter curse," he told her. Unless he'd done the spell wrong entirely and it somehow was not permanent. But he didn't say that out loud because he was sure it would only freak her out more, and for some reason he gave a shit whether or not he freaked her out. "I could go get Ollie if you want, he probably knows it."

Only he couldn't, because she was insisting he didn't leave her there by herself. Okay then, he'd just sit there. At least she seemed to be coming around, and joking a bit, although she definitely still seemed irritated at the situation. But he laughed, too, and grinned over at her. "Yeah, well, it isn't my fault that your aim sucks," he said jokingly. Matthew didn't doubt that Ari would somehow make his life hell if he left her alone, so he figured it was better not to. Why throw himself under a bus? On the bright side, he could move his whole foot now, and he was pretty sure his leg would follow soon.

But Ari had asked another question, and it was slightly more interesting - and surprisingly difficult - to answer. He turned the flame in his hand, tilting his head to inspect it from a different angle, and tried to think of the best way to explain it. "I just... I don't know, I guess I just understand it in a way that most people don't," he said, his voice far more serious and thoughtful than it had ever been. "So many people are afraid of it - I mean, it can be unstoppable, you know? It's alive - it breathes, just like us. Let it get out of hand, and you can't hope to contain it." Without thinking, he reduced the fireball in his hand to a mere flame, like a flicker on a candle. "Suffocate it, and it dies," he continued, closing his other hand overtop of it to snuff the flame out entirely, as if to prove his point. When he opened his hands, it was gone. "But if you watch it, and understand it, you can control it. I can control it." He reached down and picked another fireball up from the table, watching the flames flicker, and merge into each other and separate. "Besides, it helps me think," he finished.

Without really thinking about it, Matthew readjusted on the couch - and when he tried to bend his leg that was stuck in the process, it moved! "Hey, I think my leg's back!!" he exclaimed, grinning. He tested it out a bit, and after a few moments stood up. "Look, I can walk!" But when he turned around to look at Ari, it became clear that he was the only one. "Oh, but you can't I guess - alright fine, I guess we should go to the hospital wing." Because if her spell hadn't worn off by now, it might not ever. He frowned though, when she insisted that he carry her. "You want me to carry you the whole way there?" he complained, giving her an exasperated look. But he knew very well that Ari wouldn't be seen hopping along beside him, so he sighed in defeat. "Fine, but I'm not promising not to drop you - grab on," he said, stepping over to her and bending down so that she could wrap her arms around his neck. Somewhat awkwardly, he slipped one hand behind her back and the other under her knees and stood up - and it was actually much easier than he'd thought, and a thousand times easier than doing it with one leg! He felt that strange thing in his stomach again when he realized how close she was, but snuffed it out as quickly as he had the flame in his hand. "Lucky you're light," he said, testing her weight a bit before heading toward the door. "Come on, let's go."
Back to top Go down
Ariadne O'Rieley
Fifth Year
Fifth Year
Ariadne O'Rieley

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Procrastination (Ari)   Procrastination (Ari) EmptySat Sep 26, 2015 8:06 pm

If Ari could describe them in anyway it would be natural and forced. The fact that her eleven year old self had glued herself to him possibly meant something for the future. She didn't know what, it was but it had to be something that neither of them could comprehend. When he had told her to stay calm, her worry lines that she had tried so hard to hide had vanished. Even aunt Evelyn didn't have that power to calm her instantly. Her thoughts of being stuck like that forever and possibly dying like that vanished in the short amount of time they had entered her mind. She took slow deep breaths to calm her nerves, which didn't help as much as his words of comfort. She replied, "Ollie doesn't like me, so how would that help the situation?" She laughed a little nervous laugh. She could tell it was true though. Her eleven year old self used to be completely oblivious when it came to other people's feelings towards her. But now, with a more adult and mature mind, she was beginning to see the effects she had on other people, and some of them where not so great.

Just like in the beginning she was forcing him. Only this time the situation was entirely different, and she was secretly terrified that he would leave her alone to die. Even though the noble Matthew would come right back, there was still that fear that he wouldn't. And that she couldn't deal with at that moment. She needed him, and she secretly hoped that he needed her. If only she didn't suck so bad at aiming, she could've made him think the way she was thinking right then and there! It wasn't fair that she had no legs, while he just had one. And he was begging to be able to move his foot! So that meant she could be freed here pretty soon!

As she listened intently to understand why he loved fire so much, she finally got it. It made complete since to her. He liked the way he could control it. She was one of those people who where slightly afraid of it, but with him around, and his power to be able to control it, she knew it would be safe. She knew she would be protected. And at that moment, her fear became a comforting object. An object that was beautiful, warm, and dangerous all at the same time. She smiled and said, "I get it. I just never understood it until now. I know people think it's dangerous... Which it is, but the fact that you took it under your wing was kind of... Brave." She didn't know where that word came from. Matthew had never been "brave" in her mind. And why she said it out loud, she didn't know. Her cheeks went about as red as the flame, and she tried to oblivously hide in her long hair. She could've used any other word. And yet she chose brave... She really needed to think before she talked!

Finally! His entire leg was back to normal! She wasn't completely doomed as a human being, and he could save her! Her eyes lit up, and she demanded that he carried her to the hospital wing. He gave in, like he had a choice, and again, she was brought back to the place that she felt most safe. His arms. She tried not to blush even harder, but kept a tight grip on him so he wouldn't drop her. She said, "drop me and I'll go after you." She tried to hide her blushing by forced anger and hoped that covered everything. But she then wondered, did she not want him to drop her because she felt safe and liked being in that position? Or did she just not want to get hurt? That was a question she couldn't answer and it terrified her.

They finally got to the hospital wing, and he had only managed to drop her one time. But he valiantly picked her right back up, and they continued on their long hard journey. They explained to the nurse what had happened, and Ari's fear of being stuck like that forever. The nurse was very sencer in the fact that it could easily be fixed and that they shouldn't try spells they don't know he counter curses too. Ari laughed as the counter curse was performed, and her legs had feelings in them again. She smiled at Matthew and said, "next time, I'll win!" As they walked out of the hospital wing, she was a tad disappointed that she could walk again. She secretly wanted to be back in Matthews arms. And why, she didn't know. And that scared her to no end.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Procrastination (Ari)   Procrastination (Ari) Empty

Back to top Go down

Procrastination (Ari)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Live the Magic! :: Hogwarts Castle :: The Castle :: The Dungeons :: Slytherin Common Room-
Jump to: