Live the Magic!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
The Admins
Fast Links
Current time
SPRING
Year: 2034
Term: 13
Month: March

Term 13 until TBA
House Points
Chat Box
Vote For Us
Affiliates
Photobucket Shadowplay HOS The Beginning Magical World of Harry Potter THE GIRL IS DANGEROUS Hogwarts Academy

Click here to affiliate!
Latest topics
» Chances (Ariel)
Term 13 Lesson One Astronomy (All Years!) EmptySat May 28, 2016 11:34 pm by Ariel Wilde

» HUGE REALLY VERY IMPORTANT UPDATE - PLEASE READ
Term 13 Lesson One Astronomy (All Years!) EmptySat May 21, 2016 11:40 pm by Hunter VanDerberg

» Sunny Afternoon (Open to Anyone)
Term 13 Lesson One Astronomy (All Years!) EmptyFri May 20, 2016 6:58 am by Marielle Prince

» An Unfortunate Accident (Open)
Term 13 Lesson One Astronomy (All Years!) EmptyMon May 16, 2016 2:41 am by Marielle Prince

» Marielle Aveline Prince
Term 13 Lesson One Astronomy (All Years!) EmptySun May 15, 2016 8:57 pm by Sky

» Claim a Face
Term 13 Lesson One Astronomy (All Years!) EmptySun May 15, 2016 8:08 am by Marielle Prince

» AFFILIATE HERE
Term 13 Lesson One Astronomy (All Years!) EmptyMon May 09, 2016 2:42 am by Ariadne O'Rieley

» My charries need something fot their life (a plots)
Term 13 Lesson One Astronomy (All Years!) EmptyWed May 04, 2016 8:10 am by Jessica Kim

» The Gif Game 2.0
Term 13 Lesson One Astronomy (All Years!) EmptyTue May 03, 2016 7:39 am by Humphrey Williams

» A Dying Trade (one of JETTS characters)
Term 13 Lesson One Astronomy (All Years!) EmptyMon May 02, 2016 12:25 am by Augustus Beckett

» Wild Child [Ariadne]
Term 13 Lesson One Astronomy (All Years!) EmptySun May 01, 2016 6:01 am by Ariadne O'Rieley

» History Of Magic Application
Term 13 Lesson One Astronomy (All Years!) EmptyFri Apr 22, 2016 9:41 pm by Morgana Gaunt

» Semi - Activity Check!
Term 13 Lesson One Astronomy (All Years!) EmptyFri Apr 22, 2016 11:56 am by Hunter VanDerberg

» EVELYN'S "DRAWINGS"
Term 13 Lesson One Astronomy (All Years!) EmptySun Apr 17, 2016 10:30 pm by Morgana Gaunt

» I Won't Say I'm In Love (closed-one shot)
Term 13 Lesson One Astronomy (All Years!) EmptySun Apr 17, 2016 5:18 pm by Miranda Cunningham

Term 13 Lesson One Astronomy (All Years!)

Go down 
+2
Arwen Pierce
Lyra VanDerberg
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Chloe Gracen

Chloe Gracen

My Character
::
Activity: Astronomy Professor, Ravenclaw Head of House

Term 13 Lesson One Astronomy (All Years!) Empty
PostSubject: Term 13 Lesson One Astronomy (All Years!)   Term 13 Lesson One Astronomy (All Years!) EmptyFri Sep 18, 2015 7:03 am

Chloe smiled. It was great to be back at Hogwarts. Though she was sad the three children were taken from her by their new found grandfather, she was glad that they were with family, which she knew they needed. Being a healer had been great, but hearing that the Astronomy position had been opened up again had pretty much made her life. She jumped at the chance and went and applied yet again. She couldn't tell if the headmaster was glad to see her or not, but didn't really care. She knew this was where she was supposed to be.

She stood in her classroom, and knew things would be different. She would have a new set of students, and that was scary for some reason. But she loved the feeling. She had thought long and hard about what to teach for the first lesson. Of course, she would teach them the basics and safety of the Astronomy tower. Being that high up was incredibly dangerous, and she would hate to get fired due to a death in the class.

Of course, she would bring her guitar during night classes, and provide hot chocolate on the upcoming cold winter nights. That much wouldn't change. She just knew she had to put on a better impression and not quit this time. On the white board she put:

Safety Rules of the Tower:

1) Don't go up there without permission
2) Don't run
3) Don't go near the edge unless you have permission by me
4) Don't goof off, it will not be tolerated, and will result in loosing house points and possible detention depending on the severity of the situation
5) Have fun! This is meant to be a fun experience!

She smiled as she stood by her desk awaiting for her students to arrive. She took a deep breath as the first one walked in! The butterflies started forming in her stomach, but it wasn't nervous butterflies, it was excited butterflies! It sure was good to be home!
Back to top Go down
Lyra VanDerberg
Seventh Year
Seventh Year
Lyra VanDerberg

My Character
Activity: Gryffindor-Year I

PostSubject: Re: Term 13 Lesson One Astronomy (All Years!)   Term 13 Lesson One Astronomy (All Years!) EmptyFri Sep 18, 2015 6:51 pm

Lyra liked Astronomy because it was at night, and Chloe Gracen provided food and hot chocolate. That was pretty much all she liked about Astronomy. Sure, stars were pretty, but Lyra didn't really care about constellations and stuff that she didn't need to know for any reason at all. The subject itself was boring. Not to mention, it was hardly worth turning up to class with the ridiculous amount of stairs she had to climb to reach the classroom. What was with all the towers at Hogwarts? Someone needed to think seriously about installing lifts. But despite all the reasons willing her not to bother showing up, as usual she found herself making the trek up the stairs to the top of the tower. Maybe it was because of the prospect of hot chocolate - Lyra could never resist hot chocolate - or maybe she was just stupid.

For the second time this term, she found that she was the first student to arrive to class when she finally got to the top. Professor Gracen was already there, though. "Hi, Professor," she said with a smile as she walked in. Then she took a seat fairly near the front, her eyes scanning the writing on the board as she waited. Safety rules? Where had those been the last time Professor Gracen taught Astronomy here?
Back to top Go down
Matthew Bennett
Slytherin Prefect
Slytherin Prefect
Matthew Bennett

My Character
Activity:

PostSubject: Re: Term 13 Lesson One Astronomy (All Years!)   Term 13 Lesson One Astronomy (All Years!) EmptyFri Sep 18, 2015 7:27 pm

Matthew had never taken Astronomy before. Mostly because it was a pretty long walk up to the tower, and if he was going to go up there he didn't exactly want a teacher supervising him. What fun was that? They probably wouldn't let him climb the railings, and would probably want him to study instead of take advantage of the view. But, he'd heard that the Astronomy Professor was pretty cool, so he'd decided to sign up. Because she apparently brought treats to class. And on top of that, astronomy was about studying stars, and when Matthew really thought about it, what were stars? They were giant fireballs burning billions of miles away. So really, it would be beneficial to study them, if he wanted to be a true expert on fire.

Derek wasn't taking astronomy, but Matthew had managed to talk Ari into taking it with him so that he didn't have to deal with it alone if it did end up being boring. "Come on!" he said, dragging her along with him as they climbed the tower. They'd been climbing for ages, and they were only have way up. "We're nearly there," he added, even though they weren't. But eventually, they made it, and Matthew grinned as he stepped out into the open air of the astronomy tower. That older Lyra girl was already there. He glanced at the white board, and instantly wished he hadn't. "No going near the edges?" he complained to Ari. "That's no fun. Maybe if I pretend I didn't see it, I won't get in trouble for it." But in the end he decided not to, because he didn't want to give the professor any reason to not give him candy and hot chocolate, since it was the reason he'd taken the class to begin with. "Oh, alright, let's just sit down," he said, lowering himself onto a blanket and leaving enough room for Ari to join him.
Back to top Go down
Arwen Pierce
Fourth Year
Fourth Year
Arwen Pierce

My Character
Activity: Ravenclaw Student

PostSubject: Re: Term 13 Lesson One Astronomy (All Years!)   Term 13 Lesson One Astronomy (All Years!) EmptySat Sep 19, 2015 12:12 pm

Arwen had never had any intentions of ever setting foot back up on the Astronomy tower. Of course, this was before when she was still okay being the scardycat that she was. But -though she was still a scardycat- she was no longer okay with it, so she had decided that one way to break this streak was to join up in Astronomy. She had always been fascinated by the stars, that was true, but she'd also found them imposing and frightening, because no one ever knew with stars. Stars were a mystery to everyone, muggles and wizards alike. They were so far away, so unreachable, so distant. But maybe it was that distance that made Arwen like them so much. Besides, being able to read the stars, or just know what constellation that and this was, was something Arwen would really appreciate knowing.

So, begrudgingly, she started climbing the stairs, and the further up she came, the dizzier she felt. This wasn't a good idea. It just wasn't. Why was she even doing this? She was being stupid! And as a Ravenclaw, that just wasn't acceptable... But she didn't stop walking, and before too long, she was at the top and walked to the classroom. She saw the professor first, then the board with danger instructions. This actually calmed Arwen; she wasn't the only one who knew that heights were a terrible danger. Then she saw Matthew, Ariadne and an older Gryffindor that Arwen had only seen before, never talked to. She was really happy to see Ariadne, though. However, sitting near Matthew in this scenario was not a comforting thought. He was probably annoyed that he didn't get to hang himself upside down from the nasty edge. But sitting beside someone Arwen didn't even know was even more terrifying. For all she knew, the Gryffindor girl could be ten times as bad as Matthew.

So she walked to one of the blankets next to Ariadne and Matthew's one. She gave them a soft smile. "Hello guys," she said, trying to sound confident, but it came out in the same soft tone she had always had. She decided that for now, that was okay. She could blame that on not wanting to disrupt the soft atmosphere up there, but only if asked.
Back to top Go down
Saryana Greenwood
Fourth Year
Fourth Year
Saryana Greenwood

My Character
Activity: Gryffindor - year II

PostSubject: Re: Term 13 Lesson One Astronomy (All Years!)   Term 13 Lesson One Astronomy (All Years!) EmptySat Sep 19, 2015 1:05 pm

Saryana wasn't in the best mood from her summer but now she was back at Hogwarts and everything was alright! She could go back to being non stop in the library, back to having the librarian nag her about having to go and meet people rather than reading and back to learning about magic. It was her forth year though and she was worried for her fifth year and O.W.L.s to come. So that really just had to motivate her to learn more, obviously. It wasn't like she spent all her summer inside... She did go out when her parents sent her to the store, plus there was that one week at the sea. That was enough sun for her, expecially the fact that he had to ignore him . Nick. He did try to apologise for the last summer, of course, but Saryana didn't accept it, of course.

But enough about that idiot. Now she had Astronomy. Saryana loved looking at the stars at night and sometimes stood up hours to watch them when she was younger. So this hour she will be having was welcomed happily by her. It only sucked that the library and the Astronomy Tower were so far away... Can't they so something about it? It can't be that hard to destroy some rooms for he library and put the destroyed rooms in place of the moved library... Wait, why did she even think that? Whatever. She had Astronomy now and could not doddle with why she was thinking of destroying a room or two.

Entering, she saw a few people. One boy that she once talked to, a girl who Saryana thought as something like his girlfriend or such as they hung out a lot from what she remembered, a Ravenclaw Saryana doesn't really remember and some older Gryffindor which the girl didn't even know. She sat away from anyone, not wanting to interact anyways. It was rather ate to make friends. She'll go through Hogwarts alone, it's not like she needed friends. She and Nick were nest friends and look where that got them. After that she read the board. Would someone really do that... Maybe! Who knows? She wouldn't, she did have a brain. Oh well...
Back to top Go down
Chloe Gracen

Chloe Gracen

My Character
Activity: Astronomy Professor, Ravenclaw Head of House

PostSubject: Re: Term 13 Lesson One Astronomy (All Years!)   Term 13 Lesson One Astronomy (All Years!) EmptyTue Sep 22, 2015 12:57 am

Saryana Greenwood-5 pts (attending)
Lyra VanDerberg-5 pts (attending)

Matthew Bennett-5 pts (Attending)
Ariadne O'Rieley-5 pts (Attending)

Arwen Pierce-5 pts (Attending)

Chloe smiled as each of her students started to show up! There was quiet a few of them, and maybe even more from the last time she taught Astronomy. She started, "Hello, and Welcome! I'm Professor Gracen! I hope you abide by these rules, if you do then we shouldn't have a problem! First. I want you to know the basics of Astronomy. In Astronomy, you not only look at stars, but planets, constellations, and the universe. I'm sorry if i'm getting boring, but we need to get through this to get to the fun stuff! First, though, we will look at stars! Some people think that stars are made of fire. But in fact, they are mostly helium and hydrogen mixed together to create gas. The only star that is made of fire is the sun! And yes, the sun is in fact, a star! Now that I'm done with the boring parts, I'm going to give you each a constellation, and I want you to find it in the sky! You will have all of term to do this, and I'll give you little assignments in between. There not too hard, so I think you all will do fine! Right now, we will just start with your constellations."

She took a deep breath before speaking again. Sometimes she got overly excited about teaching her lessons and forgot that other people wouldn't be as excited about it as first. She pulled her hair to the side and continued, "Alright, you guys can break into groups of three and pick a constellation from this list, and have fun with this guys! You can be as creative as you want! Feel free to have some snacks before you begin too!" Chloe smiled. This was going to be fun. Here she had a good little group of kids, and she was truly excited for this semester.

She waved her wand, and the hot chocolate mugs poured themselves into glasses, and her guitar started playing by itself. It was just a soft melody to calm the mood, and hopefully not put anybody to sleep. She walked around and observed. She hoped she made a good impression on her first day back.
Back to top Go down
Matthew Bennett
Slytherin Prefect
Slytherin Prefect
Matthew Bennett

My Character
Activity:

PostSubject: Re: Term 13 Lesson One Astronomy (All Years!)   Term 13 Lesson One Astronomy (All Years!) EmptySun Sep 27, 2015 3:42 am

Before long, someone joined them on a nearby blanket, and Matthew beamed over at busy blonde hair, which he would recognize anywhere. "Hi Arwen!" he said happily, greeting her. Arwen had definitely been stuttering less lately, which was cool. Arwen was cool, and she didn't need to stutter. Although, he was a little surprised to see that she was taking astronomy, when she was clearly afraid of heights and the tower was the tallest one in Hogwarts. The first time Matthew had met her, she was frozen in fear in this very place. But before he could say anything else, the professor was talking, and Matthew turned to listen to her to see if she said they could do anything interesting now, or at least to find out if there was food.

"Yes, hot chocolate!" Matthew exclaimed when the drink appeared, loud enough for the professor to hear. But it didn't matter if she heard him, because Matthew loved hot chocolate and he already was grabbing for his mug and raising it to his mouth. "Shit, it's hot!" he said as the liquid hit his lips, causing him to jump and nearly spill the mug all over Ari, but luckily he managed not to. But he'd definitely burned his mouth, which was terrible. Especially because it meant he'd probably have to wait for at least a few minutes before he could actually drink his hot chocolate, and he really wanted it immediately.

Matthew frowned when she said stars were actually not made of fire. Absolute bullshit. Why was he here then? Oh well, too late to drop the class now. Groups of three. "Great! Arwen, you can work with us!" he said, grinning, and not really leaving any room for Arwen to disagree. Though after he said it, he wished he could take it back, because when had he started referring to he and Ari as us as though it had just been expected that they would be partners? He really needed to stop this shit. But there was no taking it back now, so Matthew just scanned the list, looking for a cool sounding name because he knew absolutely nothing about stars. "Camelopardalis is a kind of cool sounding one," he suggested. "It's apparently a... oh, a giraffe! Seriously though, who looks at the stars and sees a giraffe?" Someone stupid, or someone with no life. "Or maybe Draco? I mean dragons are cool, they breathe fire."

Last edited by Matthew Bennett on Thu Oct 15, 2015 8:49 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Ariadne O'Rieley
Fifth Year
Fifth Year
Ariadne O'Rieley

My Character
Activity: Slytherin - Year 4, Madam Puddifoot's Employee

PostSubject: Re: Term 13 Lesson One Astronomy (All Years!)   Term 13 Lesson One Astronomy (All Years!) EmptyTue Sep 29, 2015 4:04 am

Ari hadn't planned on taking Astronomy. She didn't WANT to take Astronomy, and yet somehow, here she was with Matthew making her way up to the Astronomy tower for Astronomy class. She didn't understand why at first Matthew wanted to hike his butt all the way up to the Astronomy tower every night, but then she understood. Fire. And stars. Stars where made of fire. It all clicked. Ari rolled her eyes when she made the connection, and decided to amuse him, and go along with it. She had never heard of this Professor Gracen before, but had heard that she used to teach here a couple terms ago, quit, and then came back.

As they got there, the place was truly beautiful. The night sky was shining, and the stars where out. Professor Gracen had blankets out everywhere, and her guitar was in the corner. This might be a fun class, if she was going to sing Let it go! Maybe she was taking up requests and Ari could request it! That would make Professor Gracen Ari's favorite teacher! She went up to the Professor and asked, "Can you please play Let it go later!? It's one of my favorites!" Ari didn't wait for a response. She just assumed it would happen and went to go sit back down next to Matthew who had grabbed a blanket for them. She accidentally sat too close and their knees touched. She quickly moved hers and then Arwen came and sat down next to them! She breathed a sigh of relief for a change of subject and said, "Hi Arwen! What are you doing up here!?" Arwen was the type who was afraid of everything. So why she was on the high astronomy tower Ari had know idea.

Professor Gracen started talking once more students showed up. She talked about how stars weren't actually made of fire, which made Ari laugh and stick her tongue out at Matthew. She said, "Looks like we took this class for nothing!" She looked over at Arwen and encouraged her to laugh along at Matthew. Professor Gracen handed them a list of constellations, and Matthew wanted to go with one that was in the shape of a dragon. Which Ari was fine with. She wanted Matthew to be excited about this class even though stars aren't made of fire besides the sun.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Term 13 Lesson One Astronomy (All Years!)   Term 13 Lesson One Astronomy (All Years!) Empty

Back to top Go down

Term 13 Lesson One Astronomy (All Years!)
Page 1 of 1