HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
The Admins
Fast Links
Current time
SPRING
Year: 2034
Term: 13
Month: March

Term 13 until TBA
House Points
Chat Box
Vote For Us
Affiliates
Photobucket Shadowplay HOS The Beginning Magical World of Harry Potter THE GIRL IS DANGEROUS Hogwarts Academy

Click here to affiliate!
Latest topics
» Chances (Ariel)
Sat May 28, 2016 11:34 pm by Ariel Wilde

» HUGE REALLY VERY IMPORTANT UPDATE - PLEASE READ
Sat May 21, 2016 11:40 pm by Hunter VanDerberg

» Sunny Afternoon (Open to Anyone)
Fri May 20, 2016 6:58 am by Marielle Prince

» An Unfortunate Accident (Open)
Mon May 16, 2016 2:41 am by Marielle Prince

» Marielle Aveline Prince
Sun May 15, 2016 8:57 pm by Sky

» Claim a Face
Sun May 15, 2016 8:08 am by Marielle Prince

» AFFILIATE HERE
Mon May 09, 2016 2:42 am by Ariadne O'Rieley

» My charries need something fot their life (a plots)
Wed May 04, 2016 8:10 am by Jessica Kim

» The Gif Game 2.0
Tue May 03, 2016 7:39 am by Humphrey Williams

» A Dying Trade (one of JETTS characters)
Mon May 02, 2016 12:25 am by Augustus Beckett

» Wild Child [Ariadne]
Sun May 01, 2016 6:01 am by Ariadne O'Rieley

» History Of Magic Application
Fri Apr 22, 2016 9:41 pm by Morgana Gaunt

» Semi - Activity Check!
Fri Apr 22, 2016 11:56 am by Hunter VanDerberg

» EVELYN'S "DRAWINGS"
Sun Apr 17, 2016 10:30 pm by Morgana Gaunt

» I Won't Say I'm In Love (closed-one shot)
Sun Apr 17, 2016 5:18 pm by Miranda Cunningham

Share | 

Announcement and Updates - Please Read!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Hunter VanDerberg
Admin
Admin

My Character
::
Activity: Trainee Auror

PostSubject: Announcement and Updates - Please Read!   Sat Sep 12, 2015 2:21 pm

ANNOUNCEMENT
Summer is over, and Term 13 has begun at Hogwarts! However, due to recent and prolonged inactivity, the admins have decided to freeze time at this moment! Because our site has a progressing timeline, when inactivity occurs it becomes incredibly difficult for all members to develop their individual plots and also makes it very hard for the admins to incorporate a global plot for the site. We hope that freezing time in this term will allow all members, including ourselves of course, to not only become more active, but also allow us all to fill the plot holes created by the recent lack in activity.

As of today, we are in Term 13, and the month is September. For the time being, please do not create threads that take place after Halloween. Instead, use this time to focus on completing start of term threads, class threads, and also to continue and finish any old threads that you may have forgotten about.

The admins will progress time forward as we see fit, and will always make an announcement when we do.

UPDATES TO COME

Site Plot
The admins are working on some new and creative ideas to improve the global site plot. In order to be sure that our plot will progress properly, we may need to reassess which characters would like to join the plot and the size of their respective roles, so please look out for any updates concerning the plot and participate actively if you wish to be part of it!!

New Skin
I'm currently working on a new, custom skin for the site! I'm not promising that it will be complete soon, as I'm incredibly busy at the moment because of the wedding, our new house, and an exam that I have to take for work. However, after the wedding, this is something that I intend to work on very actively, and I'm really excited to have time to do it. So, not immediately, but definitely to come!

Activity Requirements
In the past, we have not had any rules in concern to activity. But we feel that it is time to put in place an Activity Requirement, simply to hold all members, including the Admins, responsible for the success of the site. This requirement will not take effect immediately, but will be enforced strictly when we choose to once again progress time forward. Our new rule concerning activity will be as follows:

Each member must write at least one post, per character, per week. Failure to post with a character will result in a warning for that character. After three warnings, the admins have the right to delete the character entirely.

So, basically, what this means is that if you have one character, you are expected to post with that character at least once a week. If you have five characters, you are expected to post with each of them at least once a week. If any of your characters become inactive, you will receive a warning for that character, and can eventually lose that character if their activity does not improve. Of course, anybody with a documented absence is exempt from this rule at the time of their absence. The reason for this rule is to ensure that we are not only being active, but that we are actively focusing on all of our characters. If you have eight characters, but don't have time to post with each of them at least once per week, then you probably shouldn't have eight characters. We're going for quality, not quantity.

Again, this rule will not take effect until we unfreeze time, but we would like everyone to do their best to start practicing this rule now. If there is a character that you are certain you can not keep up with, please speak with an admin about dropping that character.

General Site Cleanup
Basically, in addition to everything above, we'll be going through the site and doing our best to clean it up and make it neater. We'll be archiving dead threads, deleting old members that aren't part of our site, tweaking rules, forums, and just making general improvements where we see fit. We'll basically be in a functional state of construction for a little while.

Conclusion
BASICALLY JUST KEEP BEING YOUR AWESOME SELVES AND POST A SHIT TON MORE, AND WE'LL DO THE SAME Very Happy No, but seriously, thank you guys for being awesome members, and for bearing with us through this inactivity. LTM can seriously boast about having the best community out there, and it's definitely time to bring it back to it's full strength. If anyone has any suggestions about ways that we could improve the site, please don't hesitate to use the suggestion corner or PM one of the admins. Now is the time to bring those kind of things up! So basically, just do your best to be active, work on tying up your character plots, and the admins will do our best to be active with our characters for you, to be active with our admining for you, and to answer any questions anyone may have.

Banners:

Back to top Go down

Announcement and Updates - Please Read!
Page 1 of 1