HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
The Admins
Fast Links
Current time
SPRING
Year: 2034
Term: 13
Month: March

Term 13 until TBA
House Points
Chat Box
Vote For Us
Affiliates
Photobucket Shadowplay HOS The Beginning Magical World of Harry Potter THE GIRL IS DANGEROUS Hogwarts Academy

Click here to affiliate!
Latest topics
» Chances (Ariel)
Sat May 28, 2016 11:34 pm by Ariel Wilde

» HUGE REALLY VERY IMPORTANT UPDATE - PLEASE READ
Sat May 21, 2016 11:40 pm by Hunter VanDerberg

» Sunny Afternoon (Open to Anyone)
Fri May 20, 2016 6:58 am by Marielle Prince

» An Unfortunate Accident (Open)
Mon May 16, 2016 2:41 am by Marielle Prince

» Marielle Aveline Prince
Sun May 15, 2016 8:57 pm by Sky

» Claim a Face
Sun May 15, 2016 8:08 am by Marielle Prince

» AFFILIATE HERE
Mon May 09, 2016 2:42 am by Ariadne O'Rieley

» My charries need something fot their life (a plots)
Wed May 04, 2016 8:10 am by Jessica Kim

» The Gif Game 2.0
Tue May 03, 2016 7:39 am by Humphrey Williams

» A Dying Trade (one of JETTS characters)
Mon May 02, 2016 12:25 am by Augustus Beckett

» Wild Child [Ariadne]
Sun May 01, 2016 6:01 am by Ariadne O'Rieley

» History Of Magic Application
Fri Apr 22, 2016 9:41 pm by Morgana Gaunt

» Semi - Activity Check!
Fri Apr 22, 2016 11:56 am by Hunter VanDerberg

» EVELYN'S "DRAWINGS"
Sun Apr 17, 2016 10:30 pm by Morgana Gaunt

» I Won't Say I'm In Love (closed-one shot)
Sun Apr 17, 2016 5:18 pm by Miranda Cunningham

Share | 

Poetry and Skaters

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Sinead O'Donnell
Third Year
Third Year

My Character
::
Activity:

PostSubject: Poetry and Skaters    Tue Aug 25, 2015 4:10 pm

Sinead had practically begged her mom to let her stay in London for an extra day so she could hang out with Humphrey. 'Hang out' was probably the incorrect term. She really just wanted to show off what she'd been reading. He had always been a better reader than her, but she had started to read poetry by the American Emily Dickinson, which she actually liked, so she had to show off how intelligent she was now. Of course, she wasn't at his level, but there was always hope! She also wanted to show off her newest skill: Skateboarding. Her cousin, Declan, had taught her how to skateboard, and even though she was still a beginner she could move from place to place without worrying much about transportation. Humphrey had to see her master the skateboard, because chances were that was the only thing she could do better than him. And that was reason enough to brag.

For now, while she waited for Humphrey to arrive, Sinead laid on the grass at Hyde Park, her face buried in a book by Ayn Rand, the skateboard resting close by. She wore old jean shorts, with a Mickey Mouse patch she had sewn on them a year ago, and a burgundy T-shirt she suspected might have actually been Declan's a long time ago - back when he was her age. So like 12 years ago. She loved that T-shirt because wearing it was like walking on clouds; so soft, so natural. Sinead had sent an owl to Humphrey barely last night, but the boy had gotten it, so surely he must be close now. Though, Sinead had already decided, if he stood her up - if he stood a friend up like a coward - she would make sure he failed every single class. She wasn't actually sure how she would accomplish that, but she would find a way.

She kept her eyes glued to the book, but her mind was actually calling her to run and get some ice cream. It was one of those warm summer days and Sinead could definitely go for some lime-flavored ice cream. Glancing around to make sure her friend wasn't actually close to arriving, Sinead contemplated her options. She could run to the ice cream shop, order, and run back in about 10 minutes...but what if Humphrey arrived when she was getting her snack? He could either leave and she wouldn't have a chance to show him her new skills or he could assume she was kidnapped and both would be equally bad. Turning back to her book, Sinead flipped the page just in time to see a figure walking towards her out of the corner of her eye.

Back to top Go down
Humphrey Williams
Third Year
Third Year

My Character
Activity: Ravenclaw - Year 2

PostSubject: Re: Poetry and Skaters    Tue Aug 25, 2015 10:11 pm

Humphrey had gotten an owl from Sinead asking if they could meet up at Hyde Park the next day. He'd replied that he would be happy to and had been looking forward to hanging out with his fellow Ravenclaw outside of Hogwarts. The boy suspected she had something she wanted to show him, although what that was he had absolutely no idea. When you were dealing with Sinead, it really could be just about anything. There was no telling what he would find when he got there, but the fact is was that he was curious. From the tone of the letter he could tell she was excited about whatever it was, eager to share it with him. So as he walked towards the park, his mind started imagining the different things it could be.

By the time he got to the park he was dying to see his friend, and he smiled and waved when he saw her. Seeing her sitting there reading a book while she waited for him wasn't a surprise; however, the skateboard resting beside her definitely was. How in the world did she have time to learn how to skateboard? Humphrey had no idea, but he rushed over to her and gave her a quick hug before taking a seat beside her. "Hey Sinead, how are you doing?" he asked. Part of him knew that Violet would be mad at him for hanging out with her, but the other part didn't really care. They were friends, and Vi would just have to learn to deal with it. If she couldn't, well that was still her problem, not his.

Lovely sig is made by Alleycat the Amazing!!! Much love <3
Back to top Go down
Sinead O'Donnell
Third Year
Third Year

My Character
Activity:

PostSubject: Re: Poetry and Skaters    Thu Sep 03, 2015 4:40 am

The figured waved, and that was when Sinead looked up. Grinning, she sat up and waved back at Humphrey. As if she hadn't seen him a few weeks before. Sinead still wasn't into hugging, but she tolerated these from Humphrey. After all, he was probably the only decent boy at school who wouldn't try to be smart with her. She had met those types, and heard of them. Usually, though, she realized it was the girls that initiated things first, which was ridiculous, but still - Sinead was glad Humphrey wasn't like that. It meant he was - and would always be - a reliable friend. Hugging him back, slightly less awkward than the very first time, she showed him the book of poems.

"Good." she replied, quickly getting to the point. "Hey guess what? I started reading Dickinson, and I really like her. Some of her poems are weird, and I can't exactly understand what she's trying to say most of the time but I like them nonetheless because they make me think about lots of things and -" She stopped mid sentence, realizing she was speaking way too fast. It was probably hard for Humphrey to keep up, and to even understand a word of what she was saying. Taking a deep breath, she continued - "So, how have you been?" She flashed her friend a grin and took her book back, putting it aside and waiting for the boy to notice the skateboard.

She was so excited to show him! Sinead bounced up a few times, clearly wanting to stop everything and just show him how awesome she had been to learn a new skill. This would only add to the list of things she could do, and the longer that list was the better. Personally, Sinead was competing against him, he just wasn't aware. But that certainly gave her the advantage. Eventually, she would tell him, but today was not the day.

Back to top Go down
Humphrey Williams
Third Year
Third Year

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Poetry and Skaters    Sat Oct 03, 2015 7:56 pm

Humphrey listened as she talked about the poems she was reading, already used to her talking quickly and not really surprised she was doing so again. Sinead was a pretty high energy person, something he'd learned a while ago. "Dickinson's good, though I have to say Whitman's probably my favorite poet. Well, I like Shakespeare a lot too, not sure I like one more than the other now I think about it..." he said, trailing off. When she asked him how he was he shrugged. "I've been okay, enjoyed having some time to do whatever I want." Humphrey told her with a smile. As she set her book aside Humphrey once again found himself looking at the skateboard she had with her.

"Alright Sinead, since when do you know how to skateboard? Let's see your skills." Humphrey told her, seeing that she was bouncing up and down a little. It was obvious that she was dying to show off a bit, and he was curious to see her on it.

Back to top Go down
Sinead O'Donnell
Third Year
Third Year

My Character
Activity:

PostSubject: Re: Poetry and Skaters    Tue Oct 06, 2015 5:52 am

Sinead practically squealed happily as Humphrey asked her about the skateboard. "Since a while ago!" she exclaimed, getting up and picking up her skateboard. "Declan taught me over the Christmas break, and even though I can't quite do all the things he can, I don't have to worry about my mom driving me everywhere or walking with me." she explained, walking to the nearest sidewalk and setting the skateboard right on the pavement. She put one foot on it and turned back to Humphrey. "Declan's my cousin. He's twenty-four." Not that Humphrey needed to know that little fact.

She pushed herself with the other foot for a few seconds before setting it on the skateboard as well, sliding through the pavement almost perfectly. Of course, Declan hadn't taught her all his tricks, so she could only twirl it between her feet to make it spin once and then get it back to normal, but it was a big achievement. She skated in a zig-zag pattern, not looking back at Humphrey as she called out - more like, yelled back. "I LIKE SHAKESPEARE TOO, BUT ROMEO AND JULIET MAKE ME MAD. AS DKES HAMLET." she twirled her skateboard again and traveled back to Humphrey.

"Romeo's a hypocrite. He was swearing love to Rosalie or whateverherface is and the very same day he falls head over heels for Juliet." she commented, he rvoice returning to its normal pitch and volume as she approached him. "I do like the fact that everything in his plays is written in sonnets. Like the balcony scene." She shrugged, because she wasn't about to compliment the dead man just because it was his favorite. "By the way, have you read the original Peter Pan?" she asked, still in shock that Peter killed the lost boys as they got older. That had definitely not been in the Disney film.

Back to top Go down
Humphrey Williams
Third Year
Third Year

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Poetry and Skaters    Mon Dec 07, 2015 4:55 am

A chuckle escaped at the exuberance and Humphrey smiled. Some things changed as people grew up but he liked that she got energetic about things, especially since he did too from time to time. "Always have a secret or two, don't you?" he asked, giving her a tiny smirk before focusing on the incoming information. When she explained about enjoying having the extra freedom he nodded, that was an excellent bonus. "That's really cool, some extra free time is always nice." The added comment about age and how she knew him helped, in his opinion. "It was kind of him to teach you."

Standing to the side, he watched as Sinead exhibited the skate moves she'd learned so far. Only time and practice could have made it look so smooth, and Humphrey thought about that while she made her way back. His competitive side was trying to think of a new thing to learn, but the bigger side told him let her have this one. "That was great! Definitely hadn't seen this new skill coming." he conceded. Her remarks about Rome and Juliet were ones he had thought himself. "Romeo and Juliet has a few moments here and there, but overall I'd have to agree. Committing suicide because you can't cope with the death of someone close is selfish and cruel to others who care, not noble. Hamlet I'm still a little unsure of. My favorites a Midsummer Night's Dream and As You Like It."

Listening patiently, Humphrey wasn't surprised that the final parts of her arguments made as much sense as her first. "indeed. That's not even getting started on how he disregards people trying to give him advice." The mention of sonnets was one that made him smile gently. "A lovely way to tell stories and not simply poems. I think the rhythm of the words helps it to move along at an even pace. One of the reasons I really enjoy the Iliad and the Odyssey by Homer. Don't think those are sonnets but they keep a rhythm set at the start. Plus a lot of the obstacles are so creative and frightening in different ways." Humphrey said fondly, his mind wandering for a moment as he pictured some scenes the words always brought with them. Peter Pan was one he hadn't read yet, thought it was on a list. "Not yet, sadly. I'll move it up to the top of my reading list, though." Often those stories were a lot different from Disney films. Little Mermaid was one that he felt was tragic in a way that hit him harder than Romeo and Juliet. A small frown appeared when that thought surfaced.

Back to top Go down
Sinead O'Donnell
Third Year
Third Year

My Character
Activity:

PostSubject: Re: Poetry and Skaters    Wed Dec 09, 2015 9:22 pm

"Of course." Sinead beamed. "Otherwise I would be boring." Despite what the haters said, Sinead was anything but boring. Returning Humphrey's smirk, Sinead continued. "It was. But, I suspect it was because he didn't have anything better to do during the summer. I'm just glad he didn't mind me tagging along." Part of Sinead wondered what Humphrey was thinking, because it was obvious that it was his turn to show off some mad skill of his. Though, another part wanted to be the one to show Humphrey how to skateboard. Of course, Humphrey was a sweetheart about it. A bit disappointed that he didn't say anything about how now he'd have to learn how to skateboard, Sinead gave him a small smile.

"Humphrey, I hate Romeo." Sinead deadpanned. It wasn't because she wanted to be a hater, though she was a Romeo hater, but what nobody knew - not even Humphrey - was that she had actually cried while reading Romeo and Juliet. Not just regular crying, but bawling. Crying her eyes out. Pouring her heart into a glass. "I'm just saying. He was a baby." But of course, Sinead loved Romeo. He was dramatic and flamboyant and ridiculous, so even if he wasn't noble Sinead actually hated him because of how much she liked him. He was still a hypocrite, though.

"Yeah, Midsummer is pretty good. Haven't read the second one, but I like Julius Ceasar as well." Taking a seat next to him again, Sinead thought about a better response but immediately held it back. Instead she asked him, "Do you ever wonder what Julius Ceasar would say if he found out he has a salad named after him?" Surely he would be offended. If someone named a salad after Sinead died..."Humphrey, when I die, if you choose to honor my memory please think of something much more creative than food." She didn't even have to tell him to be creative, because he already was, but just in case he decided to be a git.

Sinead didn't even have to voice her agreement on the sonnet and poetry part. He knew perfectly well that she loved poetry. Frowning a little, because Humphrey had obviously read two books she hadn't, Sinead pushed her competitive side away. She did notice, however, how his eyes seemed to sparkle when he mentioned them and how they made him feel, so Sinead smiled. A genuine smile. It only lasted a minute, though, because Sinead immediately ruined Peter Pan. "Peter Pan kills the lost boys. And Wendy's too fresh. And the Indians are cannibals." She tried to keep a straight face, one that Humphrey would actually be scared for, but ended up giggling at the end. "I wouldn't read it."

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Poetry and Skaters    

Back to top Go down

Poetry and Skaters
Page 1 of 1